New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728

Thread: Elden Ring

1. - Top - End - #811
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Elden Ring

So been playing my way though Elden Ring for the past week and managed to kill three of the Lords, Godrick, Rennela and Radahn. Radhans fight was abit disappointing seems like you are meant to play general rather than it being a straight fight which seemed like a waste of a fight but oh well guess they have to try new stuff out.

In other news I found my way to the Giant pot and it's challenge of killing three NPCs with randomly selected play builds. Turns out more than 1/3 of all players use some sort of Katana I haven't seen yet with an instant one shot combo so that was a massive pain in the ass to try an beat with my bloodfang weapon (which I've been enjoying). My builds are never the best but this was just frustrating, I did eventually manage it though.

So tomorrow onto the next river zone Ainsel I think and then the zone next to Rennelas.

2. - Top - End - #812
    Banned

Radahn's fight is actually fantastic if you do it without summons.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'll have to give it a go when I get to new game plus. I tried to fight him afew times using torrent but considering a single mistake on torrent is a guaranteed death it seemed like they where pushing towards you using the summons and interacting with the whole festival mechanic.

Speaking of torrent is there a fast way to dismount? I've been using the whistle you get to both mount and unmount but if I have to get upto Radhann then fight him on foot a quick dismount seems like it would be needed.

4. - Top - End - #814
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I'll have to give it a go when I get to new game plus. I tried to fight him afew times using torrent but considering a single mistake on torrent is a guaranteed death it seemed like they where pushing towards you using the summons and interacting with the whole festival mechanic.

Speaking of torrent is there a fast way to dismount? I've been using the whistle you get to both mount and unmount but if I have to get upto Radhann then fight him on foot a quick dismount seems like it would be needed.
    You can quick dismount with whatever your Crouch key/button is. You also have iframes while mounting/dismounting.

But for Radahn specifically IMO Torrent is a hindrance until you get right up to him. It's easy to dodge his arrows on foot onc eyou have the timing down, since you can roll through them.

When you get close enough he pulls out his swords and won't swap back to the bow, so at that point you can hop on Torrent and gain some distance to heal or fire spells etc.

Also, make sure to put your whistle on one of your quickslots in the menu, not the item pouch. I have mine set to Y+Up d-pad. Makes things way faster.

5. - Top - End - #815
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Also, make sure to put your whistle on one of your quickslots in the menu, not the item pouch. I have mine set to Y+Up d-pad. Makes things way faster.
    For whatever reason, I didn't discover how to access the quick slots (PS4 hold triangle and press your dpad direction) till After I'd defeated the Elden Beast. Has definitely been useful as I'm mopping up side areas though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Banned

I discovered quick slots, but never had much use for them. My potions and whistle where right next to each other in the list, and I never used anything else really.

As for Radahn....yeah mounting Torrent is a trap for that fight. Unlike a dragon or something all of his attacks can be dodge rolled.

7. - Top - End - #817
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

About Quickslots... I wished I could have mapped sorceries or incantations to them, just so that I wouldnt have to mash the up button like mad to switch between the one I want at the moment. I know you can hold the Up button to rapidly get to the first slot, but sometimes I wanted the last two RIGHT AWAY.
    Last edited by Eldonauran; 2022-06-07 at 05:14 PM.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I discovered quick slots, but never had much use for them. My potions and whistle were right next to each other in the list, and I never used anything else really.
    I filled pretty much all my slots, there's some good items in the game. Lantern and Finger Remedy on the two quickslots without a button, Torrent on up, Summon on down, Messages on left, and Co-Op Finger on right.

Belt slots were for potions and usable items (throwing knives, Regal Omen Bairn, etc.).

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: Malenia
    Show
    So I've reached the other half of the power pair for this game with Malenia and don't think I've had a boss with one attack that defines them so much in quite awhile. It reminds me of the Sekiro bosses who only have the one attack that insta kills you except she still moves at Sekiro speed and we're stuck at Dark Souls speed and it doesn't seem to be able to be parried. So far I've never survived it, she didn't do it precisely once and I managed to get through to the second phase where she then popped it out again to kill me. Second phases with a new health bar after a cutscene also happen to be abit of a peeve of mine so even though I saw it coming it was still annoying.
    So guess tomorrow I'll be spending hours trying to avoid a single attack.

10. - Top - End - #820
    Titan in the Playground

You should be unsurprised to note that Malenia is a recycled Sekiro boss from a DLC that never got made.

11. - Top - End - #821
    Banned

If you want advice on how to easily deal with that attack then just
    Spoiler
    Show
    hit her with a frost pot and it knocks her right out of it. You can do this twice as long as you're not also using a frost weapon.

I would have loved the chance to fight her with Sekiro.

12. - Top - End - #822
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Currently starting a second playthrough, want to do some kind of int/dex thing focused on crits and stagger. (Miséricorde, assassin's ceruelan talisman, dagger talisman, etc)

I discovered flame of a redmane does insane stagger damage, but also apparently you can't have that and also infuse magic/cold? From what I see on the wiki. Is that right? Looking into other ashes of war good for stagger, seems the next best option might be carian phalanx ash of war? Any other really good options?

Will also be rocking staggering spells, maybe greatblade phalanx and that hammer spell. Maybe that one triple rock throw spell. Any others of note for stance-breaking?