New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    It should be interesting. The mayor didn’t seems to want to make time for any of us so I decided to deal with the innkeeper. Also, we could test the inventory thing, I’d give you a couple coins to see if the number would go over 1000.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    "That I really do not know. The 'game' in our world was ending and I was just seeing it through to the end then suddenly I found myself here. It could have simply just been happenstance that we ended up here. It seems fortunate that we did, though."

With that I just shrug and look at him apologetically. "I hope you understand the chance I am taking here."
    "Yes, very fortunate." He pauses, creases his brow, and adds "Although I don't think you're taking as big of a chance as you think. You just demonstrated you can change your face pretty easily, so if things get hot, you can avoid the heat by simply picking a different face and introducing yourself with a different name. Even without that, given just how easily you dispatched the goblins, I get the impression that the entire town ganging up on you wouldn't be likely to take you down, so unless you rouse the king's ire or something, you're pretty safe for... well, everything other than your ego, I suppose. How would you expect this to go wrong?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    Quiet sees this and frowns unhappy with their displays of cruelty. Quiet will end their etherealness and use their 1/day spell-like to cast Reverse Gravity on the area of the goblins (with 10 ft cube per level its a total of 200 ft cubes of space so it should collect up all the goblins for 20 rounds.). With that all of the Goblins effects would be cast upward toward the ceiling along with anything else in those areas.

"How cruel" Quiet would say telepathically to the Goblins in their own tongue as they float in the area where they had come through the wall (they are in native Whisperer appearance now) "You must be punished for the lives you have taken. Who first?" their telepathic voice holding an echo quality as it rumbled in their minds.
    The goblins, stuck on the high ceiling, each wordlessly point at each other, looks of terror on their faces as the various tools and shards of broken glass crash up around them on the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Evras will send a quick message Based on the tracks I've found the only goblins still in town are in the glassworks, the rest split in 5 different directions, presumably back to wherever they live.
    I realise this isn't the time, but I've just realised, none of us have tested to see if the arbitrary inventory limits still apply here, wonder if we could own a 1000th coin or 11th slotsless magic item now, thought I'd mention it before I forget.

He'll also inform any guards or other official seeming people he meets of this news "There's goblins in the glassworks, so steer clear, but that should be the last of them so the town at large is safe."

He'll also give the Ghaele 'orders' "Come with me to the glassworks, seems that's the last place to look, oh and stay invisible please."

He'll then make himself invisible, approach the front door in his Aeon form and open it, if it's locked then he'll use wood shape to simply split the lock off from the rest of the door and enter as quietly as he can

Show
    Probably won't matter since I doubt there'll be any enemies alive to oppose it, but I'm going to roll stealth since Evras is invisible and his SLA would be silent. [roll0] That does not include the +20 from invisibility because I forgot it.
    Looking forward to when we all find out in character that Samael has spilled the beans, that'll definitely lead to some interesting conversations.
    Show
    So I guess that's room A1....

The door is locked, but you open it readily enough. Inside, you find yourself in a display room, which contains a shop where customers can browse the various glassware produced here. Bottles, windowpanes, and glasswork art are the primary contents. The room looks largely undisturbed, and doesn't have any people in it besides yourself and your summon.

Show
    It should be interesting. The mayor didn’t seems to want to make time for any of us so I decided to deal with the innkeeper. Also, we could test the inventory thing, I’d give you a couple coins to see if the number would go over 1000.
    Show
    She was simply busy. The book actually has me rolling dice to see how many days until she approaches you on various things, although you're all busily pre-empting her causes for doing so.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”You make an excellent point and I do hope my ego stays in check. I guess I’m just fishing for some grounding as I try and figure out how ‘real’ this is for me.” I pause as I think a bit then revert back to the elven form I usually default to for appearance. “I think part of me is looking for a friend as well. I do appreciate the hospitality and your frank conversation. If there is anything I could possibly do for you please tell me. If it is within my power I will do it.”
    I like the globe warm...

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Meta knowledge is a powerful thing xD we know that there is jobs in them there streets and we kinda went for it.

Quiet watched the panic spread through the group as they pointed to one another and were seemingly beyond words. For a moment they considered what to do with them. They had thought up a proper spell to use, using their once a day wish to replicate Fire Storm and just roast the entire lot of goblins in one swoop their life force could not sustain more than a round or two of 4d6 fire damage as the building would not burn just the people hit by the spell, or in this case goblins. But the thought of their hex came back to their mind as well turning these lot into dogs would drive them insane as Goblins hate dogs with a burning passion and dogs hate goblins.

But the party had already agreed to not sparing any goblins their fate and to just kill them all as quickly as required.
    So they used their wish spell for the day and replicated the spell Fire Storm
    Spoiler: Fire Storm
    Show

2 10ft cubes per level equals 400 cubes of space. Pretty much just focusing on the goblin spaces, as I can exclude areas from effect.
    (4d6)[13] (Don't know if you wanna use this for each goblin or what. Let me know and I will roll more for the rest.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Evras will begin exploring the glassworks, unless something draws his attention he'll head north east (all the way to A16) checking each room he passes for signs of goblins or survivors.

Show
    Exchanging coins will have to wait until we're actually near each other.
    Oh and Wabbit, you forgot about the 20d6 initial firestorm damage.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-04-15 at 09:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Good spot, somehow I deleted that whole line.
    (20d6)[67] Firestorm damage.

But yeah it was this or turn them into a pride of cave lions to hunt down their fellows.
    Last edited by Wabbit; 2022-04-15 at 12:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

”You make an excellent point and I do hope my ego stays in check. I guess I’m just fishing for some grounding as I try and figure out how ‘real’ this is for me.” I pause as I think a bit then revert back to the elven form I usually default to for appearance. “I think part of me is looking for a friend as well. I do appreciate the hospitality and your frank conversation. If there is anything I could possibly do for you please tell me. If it is within my power I will do it.”
    Garridan Viskalai shakes his head "You've already done plenty in stopping the goblin raid. But I will keep you in mind if something comes up. And... you're always welcome to stay here; I'll keep a room open for you."
    Show
    Meta knowledge is a powerful thing xD we know that there is jobs in them there streets and we kinda went for it.

Quiet watched the panic spread through the group as they pointed to one another and were seemingly beyond words. For a moment they considered what to do with them. They had thought up a proper spell to use, using their once a day wish to replicate Fire Storm and just roast the entire lot of goblins in one swoop their life force could not sustain more than a round or two of 4d6 fire damage as the building would not burn just the people hit by the spell, or in this case goblins. But the thought of their hex came back to their mind as well turning these lot into dogs would drive them insane as Goblins hate dogs with a burning passion and dogs hate goblins.

But the party had already agreed to not sparing any goblins their fate and to just kill them all as quickly as required.
    So they used their wish spell for the day and replicated the spell Fire Storm
    Spoiler: Fire Storm
    Show

2 10ft cubes per level equals 400 cubes of space. Pretty much just focusing on the goblin spaces, as I can exclude areas from effect.
    [roll0] (Don't know if you wanna use this for each goblin or what. Let me know and I will roll more for the rest.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    I looked it up after you said that to double check: So while fire Storm can hurt ships, apparently, it doesn't otherwise harm objects. Weird. But ok. And... even on a successful save, they all go from full to dead with that damage roll.

The goblins die briefly screaming, flash-fried by your duplicated spell, their flesh boiling away and their bones charring. The smoke from their ashes descends down to your nostrils, as the more solid portions of their remains collapse onto the ceiling. The smoke makes it hard to see clearly, and smells awful.
    Evras will begin exploring the glassworks, unless something draws his attention he'll head north east (all the way to A16) checking each room he passes for signs of goblins or survivors.

Show
    Exchanging coins will have to wait until we're actually near each other.
    Oh and Wabbit, you forgot about the 20d6 initial firestorm damage.
    You pass a couple of storerooms (A2, A4, A10), a cleaning closet (A3), some blood-splattered sleeping quarters that are in disarray (A5), a dining room with tables and chairs overturned, cards scattered about (A6), a small washroom (A7), a kitchen with all the cupboards and drawers opened and dumped out, tools everywhere (A8), a pantry that's very clearly been raided for food, with a broken dogslicer in the northern corner (A9), a meeting room (A11), a reception room (A12), an office (A13), a file room (A14), a preparation room (where the various materials are mixed, A15), and the loading room where the actual materials for glass are stored(A16). The path then loops around to room A17, or the stairwell down. On the way, you hear all the goblins die to Quiet's sheets of roaring flames.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-04-15 at 06:57 PM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"My thanks to you, I was going to ask about that very thing. I certainly appreciate it. I will bow slightly and then take my leave. Heading outside to the street to see what the others are up to.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Yeah its weird

Quiet would fly down toward the ground and dismissed the spell that was holding the burnt ash to the ceiling. Quiet would take a moment to type up into chat "I just dealt with some goblins at this glasswork location, they killed the workers and were playing with the bodies. Their toast."

10. - Top - End - #280

RedWizardGuy

Evras walks into the room of roast goblins and shouts to Quiet "Nice job handling them, there's some stairs over there, might be an underground passage or something, they definitely didn't take the front door the first time they came here. Oh and I see no reason to put this test off, see if you can carry this." and he'll offer her a single copper piece.

Show
    I'm assuming quiet can see invisible people, if not this'll be a little awkward.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-04-15 at 08:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    They have blindsight, and goggles of trueseeing so yeah they would see them.

Not being in battle they are still wearing their amulet of grasping souls so they can catch the item just fine (it allows incorporeal creatures to touch and interact with objects). "What is this? And yes I agree, we should explore downstairs."

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yeah its weird

Quiet would fly down toward the ground and dismissed the spell that was holding the burnt ash to the ceiling. Quiet would take a moment to type up into chat "I just dealt with some goblins at this glasswork location, they killed the workers and were playing with the bodies. Their toast."
    When you dismiss the spell, the ash, assorted glassworking tools, and shards of broken glass that were held against the ceiling fall.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    (1d6)[4] slashing and piercing damage, reflex DC 10 half, for anyone in the room. DR applies as a physical attack, and it's nonmagical so does nothing to incorporeal folks.

Evras walks into the room of roast goblins and shouts to Quiet "Nice job handling them, there's some stairs over there, might be an underground passage or something, they definitely didn't take the front door the first time they came here. Oh and I see no reason to put this test off, see if you can carry this." and he'll offer her a single copper piece.

Show
    I'm assuming quiet can see invisible people, if not this'll be a little awkward.
    Show
    They have blindsight, and goggles of trueseeing so yeah they would see them.

Not being in battle they are still wearing their amulet of grasping souls so they can catch the item just fine (it allows incorporeal creatures to touch and interact with objects). "What is this? And yes I agree, we should explore downstairs."
    You find that you can hold the coin without issue. You have no problems storing it in your Glove of Storing, your pockets, or anywhere else. The only place you can't seem to put it is the game inventory system. The game inventory system refuses to take the coin, as you're at the limit for coppers.

13. - Top - End - #283

RedWizardGuy

Evras will cheerfully reply "Just a copper piece to test with, looks we can carry more than the inventory allows now, just not inside it, interesting, hardly the weirdest thing about our situation though." as he leads the way to the stairs he's already seen.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Evras will cheerfully reply "Just a copper piece to test with, looks we can carry more than the inventory allows now, just not inside it, interesting, hardly the weirdest thing about our situation though." as he leads the way to the stairs he's already seen.
    Heading down the stairs, you find yourself in a small room with crates and barrels, which store sand and other raw materials. Two wheelbarrows sit against the wall. Just east of the stairs up, brick wall has
    been dismantled to reveal an older passageway leading south.
    (you're in A19)

15. - Top - End - #285

RedWizardGuy

Evras will walk a loop around the place and check the doors to A20, A21, A22 and A23 in that order.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Evras will walk a loop around the place and check the doors to A20, A21, A22 and A23 in that order.
    Spoiler: A20
    Show
    This room is used to store glassware, windows, and other finished goods.

Spoiler: A21
    Show
    The door to this room is locked. You can hear muffled breathing inside.

Spoiler: A22
    Show
    This is a small office, and inside, a reasonably well-dressed half-elf male, with dark hair, tanned skin sleeps face down on the desk, next to a bow and several empty bottles. The place reeks of alcohol.

Spoiler: A23
    Show
    This long tunnel leading north from this room winds through the bedrock below Sandpoint. It winds on a lazy northeasterly route for just over 1,750 feet before reaching a dead end.

Along the tunnel’s southern half, two side tunnels branch off. One of these leads east to a collapse after 400 feet, but the one to the west seems to have once been bricked over (and recently re-opened) at the point where it diverges from the main tunnel. This westerly passageway winds for 50 feet before turning north for another 100 feet.

17. - Top - End - #287

RedWizardGuy

Evras will smile slightly and start typing when he opens the third door I think I've finally found the guy I expected to see in the graveyard, he's in the basement of the glassworks, so if you want to join the interrogation come on down. then he'll look through his spellbook, quick study up a dominate person and try to dominate the sleeping half elf.

Show
    DC 37 will save, rolling twice taking the worse result.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

After reading the message I will head to the glassworks.
    I like the globe warm...

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga will move into the glassworks as well, maintaining his invisibility and simply observing what happens to the goblins and such for the time being.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I’ve been busy for the last few days so I’m just assuming I followed around the others here for a bit since I wasn’t able to put in what actions I would’ve done.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet would head downstairs as well, mostly as a backup but does peek their head inside room A21 (since the door is probably not thick enough to block that)

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Evras will smile slightly and start typing when he opens the third door I think I've finally found the guy I expected to see in the graveyard, he's in the basement of the glassworks, so if you want to join the interrogation come on down. then he'll look through his spellbook, quick study up a dominate person and try to dominate the sleeping half elf.

Show
    DC 37 will save, rolling twice taking the worse result.
    The man doesn't awaken.
    Spoiler: Evras
    Show
    But you can tell the spell took effect.

Quiet would head downstairs as well, mostly as a backup but does peek their head inside room A21 (since the door is probably not thick enough to block that)
    Inside, you find a female human with an exotic beauty to her ... spoiled a bit by the drying blood, her ragged breath, as well as the leather gag, leather blindfold, and the rope tying her wrists and ankles. She seems to be consciously moving, struggling lightly at her bonds, and is lying still on her side on the floor.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet is surprised and pulls their head back through the door and quickly types in "There is a lady in this room, she is bound and gagged its if you come down the stairs and take a left, straight down the hall." Quiet will pass into the room because the door should not stop full body passing.
    Show

Perception to see if she is wounded and around the room to see if there is more info
    (1d20+33)[53]

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Quiet is surprised and pulls their head back through the door and quickly types in "There is a lady in this room, she is bound and gagged its if you come down the stairs and take a left, straight down the hall." Quiet will pass into the room because the door should not stop full body passing.
    Show

Perception to see if she is wounded and around the room to see if there is more info
    [roll0]
    The room is otherwise empty. And yes, she is wounded - seriously so, to the point where she's lucky to be alive at all; she easily could have bled out. (-2 and stable)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show
    Im sure most can heal but I will heal her when I get there if we need it.
    I like the globe warm...

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Im sure most can heal but I will heal her when I get there if we need it.
    Show
    I'm not checking distances or counting time right now. You get to arrive essentially on your schedule.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I will get to the designated room and try the door handle to see if it’s locked. If it is I will twist off the handle and head inside. Nodding to Quiet and assessing the injured woman on the floor I will move to her and heal her.

Show

(3d8+15)[24] casting cure serious wounds
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2022-04-19 at 07:36 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet could cast healing spells but was not sure if there was more at play than just healing needed such as needing something like restoration. They nodded to Samael as they entered and would have to figure out what they could do since they where in their incorporeal form still.
    Telepathically saying to Samael 'I would do more, should I recast greater appearance, or should I remain in my true form, it seems to help with checking locked rooms.'

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”You are fine as you are for now. No reason to reveal yourself yet.”
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2022-04-19 at 12:14 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #299

RedWizardGuy

Evras calls over " I've dominated the leader, we can commence interrogation as soon as everyone's here."
    He'll also type something From what I remember I suspect the lady you mentioned is this guy's half sister, and that tunnel will branch off into some not-quite-abandoned ruins from old Thassilon as well as whatever entrance the goblins used, don't remember precisely what's in there, but we'll probably need to check it out once we deal with this.
    Oh and something probably important, I've noticed some deviations from the AP, when I played this whole kidknapping at the glassworks business didn't occur until a day or two after the attack, it's why I didn't even think about trying to stop it.

He'll also try to recall what he knows of local laws, with a view towards what punishments would await this guy if he's right about him organising this attack, along with whatever he's done to the woman in the other cell.

Show
    Not sure which knowledge skill it would be, but I have the same bonus on them all so
    (1d20+56)[72]
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-04-19 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Missed a "

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

I will get to the designated room and try the door handle to see if it’s locked. If it is I will twist off the handle and head inside. Nodding to Quiet and assessing the injured woman on the floor I will move to her and heal her.

Show

[roll0] casting cure serious wounds
    Unsurprisingly, the door is locked. Surprisingly, the steel lock actually manages to stay in shape under the force applied by the disguised angel. However, that's only because the wood of the door fails first, which accomplishes much the same effect.

The woman, still bound, gagged, and blindfolded, is fully healed.

Evras calls over " I've dominated the leader, we can commence interrogation as soon as everyone's here."
    He'll also type something From what I remember I suspect the lady you mentioned is this guy's half sister, and that tunnel will branch off into some not-quite-abandoned ruins from old Thassilon as well as whatever entrance the goblins used, don't remember precisely what's in there, but we'll probably need to check it out once we deal with this.
    Oh and something probably important, I've noticed some deviations from the AP, when I played this whole kidknapping at the glassworks business didn't occur until a day or two after the attack, it's why I didn't even think about trying to stop it.

He'll also try to recall what he knows of local laws, with a view towards what punishments would await this guy if he's right about him organising this attack, along with whatever he's done to the woman in the other cell.

Show
    Not sure which knowledge skill it would be, but I have the same bonus on them all so
    [roll0]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Officially, looks like it's:
    "Local (legends, personalities, inhabitants, laws, customs, traditions, humanoids)"

When you focus on what you think he's done and the relevant laws, you get a game pop-up window with a few tabs, labeled "Kidnapping", "Murder", and "Treason", each of which has it's own set of details. It doesn't take much reading to realize two of the three carry the death penalty, so - provided what he's done is provable - it's unlikely he'll live much past a trial.