Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Valkyre's look like "human, dwarven, or elven women" - so generally yes, even without the disguise. But that'll be enough to hide from most folks.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    its the wings , the wings I say... but okay I will accept that

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Spoiler: samduke
    Show
    If she is willing, Slicky will improve her disguise with a check of 58 (after expending 2 uses of his disguise kit).
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    yes she will allow it
    Last edited by samduke; 2022-09-29 at 08:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrach moves in close to Slicky for the Teleport

"Who wants to do the talking with Aldern? In terms of what we can offer him for the carrot portion, we're all max level so we can offer him our combative abilities. We know he's restoring his manor, so I could play my Lyre of Building for him. We can offer services to his debtors on his behalf as well. We also have valuable information about his wife and people trying to use him for nefarious purposes. We can admit to him what our agenda is with him as well. A little truth goes a long way to conceal any lies we need to tell."

Show

I'll be traveling next week from the 1st through the 10th. I will unlikely be posting at all during that period. I am not bored, nor quit if you dont see me post for a bit.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

he would listen and look about and when he was mentioned he nodded "For some reason, they all run away from me" he would just playful say to the others before looking at them "if any help me and my servant as having us around might make the job hard if all people running and screaming trying to get away" he would explain and sigh a little before looking at his servant and in infernal "what are we that scary looking fiends have feelings too" he would jokingly say to his servant
    Last edited by niw18; 2022-09-29 at 11:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lonnie looks at his arms and legs, it's been a while since he had regular ones. He still felt his other body beneath which was oddly reassuring.

He steps close to Slicky too.

"OK, I'm ready to go as well." he says with a slightly less toothy grin than before.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Slicky chuckles.

"Well, if you appear to them big and bad, normies will think they are facing boss out to get them and run away screaming. Any polymorph spell to dial down your scariness by shifting into a lesser form like a tiefling? Otherwise, I will create a hooded cloak for you two to cover up your features."

He raises an eyebrow on Terrach's statement.

"I will take the lead if no one objects. Question; why are we not persuading him to fork over his mansion and services as a merchant to us in return for security, erasing his debts, and financial stability. His mansion would serve our cause better than it is with him as long as it remains haunted. We can use it as a second base. Think of all the possibilities with the fungus, Vorel's protection, etc. As for financial stability, we can act as suppliers for his merchanting. How?"

Slicky raises his Marvellous Pigment.

"This. We create mundane masterwork weapons/armors, alchemical items and lucrative mundanes for him. This will generate revenue for us in the form of cut. When Aldern makes profit, I am thinking 70-30 split. 70 for him and 30 for us. Best of all, we lose nothing. For those wondering, I outlined a draft of this plan sometime ago. What you proposed is too generous. Aldern is getting a lot of benefits while we are getting nil unless you have an endgame in mind."

Show
    Expend four uses of disguise kit to disguise and 20 minutes (to draw up the cloak of their sizes) using Marvellous Pigment (which he will Take 10 on Craft (Painting)) to disguise Lucifero and his servant. Take 10 on disguise for a check of 58.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-09-29 at 01:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Looking herself over, Well I am ready to go then.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

The man calling himself Xiuhuo has been silent for a while, merely listening and nodding occasionally.

He shrugs. "Why are we bothering with incentives for this man? The combined firepower we possess is enough to devastate countries with little effort. Let's just force the matter instead," he suggests. "Who cares if he remembers a domination spell?"

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    So... waiting until morning to enact the plan? It was evening when the goblins attacked, and nobody's stopped. It's late evening right now.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

9. - Top - End - #759

AssassinGuy

"But then we will have to visit him everyday to prevent him from struggling against the domination spell. Just a reminder that we can maximize the efficiency of domination spells if we have a neutral caster cast it at the highest spell level. It will bypass those pesky protection from X alignment, Globe of Invulnerability line, Magic Circle against X alignment, and spell immunity line spells. And we can throw in a magic aura, greater and mind blank on him just to be safe. Or we can just kill him and claim the mansion ourselves which is the easiest method. It is a method I shy away from unless I need to. Why talk first not dominate? Aldern has a lot of uses which can be acquired naturally. We can make him a hero to deflect attention from us. He can gain us revenue if we convince him. We can use him as our servant."

Slicky waits for Terrach response to his question. If he does not provide one in the time frame, he shrugs.

"Let's go with the flow and see how it goes. Let me do the talking first. I hope you don't mind if I use your name as our sponsor for our story, Evras. It is good to have familiar names to rely upon than faking one. A bunch of representatives for a high level wizard or dragon investor seems plausible."

Once he said that, waited for the responses and checked that everyone is disguised/ready, he gestures to the active participants to touch him. Slicky attempts to teleport to his destination; outside of Foxglove Manor.

Show
    Teleport to location with current knowledge (geography).

(1d100)[10]

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

When John hears the spell Slicky is using, his eyes open wide. "Wait, wh--"

Then they disappear.

When they arrive, his sentence finishes: "--y would you use teleport?! Are you insane? You could have killed us all!" He seems genuinely angry. "Damnit, the teleport-failure chance is one of the few dangers we can't guard against! Why the hell would you take that kind of risk?! Just to save a 7th-level spell slot? If you don't have the greater version, you could have asked someone else to do it!"

11. - Top - End - #761
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Shrugging her shoulders, Azula joins hands with the rest of the group for the teleport. After they arrive at the creepy mansion, the sun long set, Azula speaks up again. "Regardless of Aldern's cooperation and how we get it, we're still decursing this place right? Seems to me we can kill two birds with one stone while we're here. While a couple of us work the diplomacy, the rest of us can cleanse. If there is any real trouble, we're all close enough to help. Thoughts?"

12. - Top - End - #762
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"De-cursing will likely require some specific spells or deeds, haunts are annoying like that. I suppose we could try just destroying everything, but mass destruction of objects is weirdly hard in this game."

Show
    I guess that's a no to resting
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-10-01 at 04:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #763

AssassinGuy

Slicky shrugs.

"Relax. It worked, didn't it?"

Slicky switches to Gloves of Whispering to send Evras a missive no one can hear except Evras.

"We can try bending the haunts, fungus and Vorel to our will. They are more useful as automatic defenses. Hence, my view why the mansion should not be de-cursed. Can we keep our conversation to the lowest volume or communicate with the other through telepathy? Who knows if someone is eavesdropping on our conversation."
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-01 at 06:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #764

RedWizardGuy

Evras brings up the chat menu, invites everyone present to a group chat and types a reply.

This is probably secure.
    Pretty sure you can't bend haunts to your will, there's not a single spell or ritual that lets you control them
    Honestly I don't see how they'd be useful anyway, I can make far better traps with permanent symbol spells.

15. - Top - End - #765

AssassinGuy

Slicky brings up menu and types in group chat.

"For a moment, I turned my brain off. Okay. We can cleanse the mansion and then set traps later to maintain its haunted nature after we have have him fork over the mansion while it is still haunted. It just came to me that he is bankrupt. We should take advantage of that while we can. But first, let us first test his desperation to see what he will give up, hmm?"

If the group teleport to outside of Foxglove Manor, Slicky will walk to the front door and knock.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-02 at 05:44 AM.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Once he said that, waited for the responses and checked that everyone is disguised/ready, he gestures to the active participants to touch him. Slicky attempts to teleport to his destination; outside of Foxglove Manor.

Show
    Teleport to location with current knowledge (geography).

[roll0]
    You see a large manor that's obviously seen better days - the walkway has weeds growing through the gaps in the cobblestones, the bushes look like they might once have had shapes carved into them, and it looks like some blackberry vines are climbing up the side of the house in several places. Additionally, several of the windows are broken. The structure is three stories tall, and you don't see any lights through the windows in the gloom. There's a sign that looks like it might have once said something, but it's illegible now.

Slicky brings up menu and types in group chat.

"For a moment, I turned my brain off. Okay. We can cleanse the mansion and then set traps later to maintain its haunted nature after we have have him fork over the mansion while it is still haunted. It just came to me that he is bankrupt. We should take advantage of that while we can. But first, let us first test his desperation to see what he will give up, hmm?"

If the group teleport to outside of Foxglove Manor, Slicky will walk to the front door and knock.
    There's no answer to your knock.

Spoiler: Kn(Geography, Local, or Nobility) DC 20
    Show

You get a pop up that reads: "You've now entered Foghouse Manor."
    Show
    Unfortunately, Knowledge(Georgraphy) doesn't make the grade for "viewed once", although I'd let that work as a "reliable description" for the Greater version. Went with the next line down on the table, False Destination. I can can convert a d100 to a d20 easily via (result mod 20)+1 which would be an 11. 11+80=91, so "similar area".
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-10-02 at 08:31 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

17. - Top - End - #767

AssassinGuy

Slicky types in the group chat and supplies his knowledge on the geography of the manor.

"OK. I am sorry. I screwed up. Can somebody port us to outside the manor with a Greater Teleport spell, please?"

If someone does, he will thank them and repeats his action of knocking on the door. If not, he will try a Greater Teleport with his Legendary Archmage ability, renewing it with heroic fortune and repeats his action of knocking on the door of the manor.

Spoiler: Jack_Smith
    Show
    He will take 10 on the appropriate knowledge to get the info. Greater Teleport works with Slicky's knowledge, right?
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-02 at 09:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #768

RedWizardGuy

"I'm suddenly glad we decided to try talking rather than forcing our way in."

19. - Top - End - #769

AssassinGuy

Show
    Anyone got greater teleport spell?

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

John barks a short laugh, shaking his head. For a moment, he opens his mouth, schadenfreude obvious in his expression, then he stops and closes it, seemingly thinking better of needling the other.

He reads the description Slicky gives in the chat, and after a moment, conjures up an image in mid-air, one depicting as detailed a map of the region as he can recall. "Show me where," he says, gesturing to the image.

Assuming the combination of the guidance of the map and the description of the place is enough to give a reliable description, he then proceeds to cast greater teleport, bringing everyone along.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Titan in the Playground

The strangely cold sea wind rises to a keening shriek as Foxglove Manor comes into view. The place has earned its local nickname of the “Misgivings” well, for it almost appears to loathe its perch high above the ocean, as if the entire house were poised for a suicide leap. The roof sags in many places, and mold and mildew cake the crumbling walls. Vines of diseased-looking gray wisteria strangle the structure in several places, hanging down over the precipitous cliff edge almost like tangled braids of hair. The house is crooked, its gables angling sharply and breached in at least three places, hastily repaired by planks of sodden wood. Chimneys rise from various points among the rooftops, leaning like old men in a storm, and grinning gargoyle faces leer from under the eaves. That the manor clings to the cliff is remarkable, as the whole far side is nothing more than a sheer drop down to the ocean below, a fall of over three hundred feet. Out front, the foundation stones of a long-burnt outbuilding stand sentinel astride the weed-choked approach; a low stone well squats morosely amid these ruins.

22. - Top - End - #772

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Jack_Smith
    Show
    I posted that Slicky will proceed towards knocking on the door in my previous post.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Titan in the Playground

When you knock on the door, there's no answer.

Spoiler: Evras
    Show
    Your scrying is still active. You manage to hear the knock through the scrying sensor, but only just. Aldern doens't react at all.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

after arrival and listening to the comments, "Yes next time please ask, I have greater teleport (15th)", then listening to the door knocking, "Seems no one is answering"

25. - Top - End - #775

RedWizardGuy

"Doesn't seem to be loud enough, scrying shows it's barely audible where he is, but I think this will be."
    Evras then casts a simple Ghost Sound cantrip, and makes the sound of a door being knocked, but at a volume more appropriate to a roaring dragon.
    "That should have his attention"

Show
    There's a DC 30 will save to disbelieve, but it doesn't really matter

26. - Top - End - #776

AssassinGuy

Slicky types into the chat box in group chat.

"Then, we knock several times before banging on the door. With repetitive ghost sounds apply to both methods. If he still doesn't hear it, I will transmute the doors to amplify the sound whenever we knock or bang them with Sculpt Sound. I hope I don't have to resort to a knock spell to barge into his manor. But I will if I must. Flayleaf can sap vitality but it does not dull nor impair senses even if Aldern has dosed himself in it in his addiction."

He knocks again.

"Hello, is anyone home?"

His voice is a shout. He repeats his knocks in tandem with the Evras's ghost sound of knocks that amplifies to a roar of a dragon. If he receives no response, Slick will bang on the doors, repeat his action, and reiterate his question. If Aldern still does not answer, he will transmute the door with a sculpt sound spell and make it so that any knocks or bangs on the door for the next 22 hours will produce booms of a meteor collision. He will resume his banging and question.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-03 at 09:53 AM.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lonnie walks up to the door, grasps the handle and turns it. "Have tried turning the knob?

28. - Top - End - #778

Planetar

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    I had a busy week/weekend last week, so I fell behind...can we drop me in with the group that's going to explore the manor hahaha
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

29. - Top - End - #779

AssassinGuy

Slicky types in group chat to Lonnie.

"We are trying to be polite and not trespass though."

Spoiler: Aleph Null
    Show
    Is he disguised? Slicky offered make up for those who cannot shapeshift before our character moved to the manor.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-10-03 at 12:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780

Planetar

Spoiler: Yas
    Show
    Yes, he looks (mostly) human, though he definitely gives supernatural vibes to the other adventurers.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?