New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 722232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Spoiler: OOC, Literacy
    Show
    Golarion has had printing presses for a few centuries actually, and there's a few mentions of various deities and organisations running schools, so it's not surprising the populace is generally literate.
    Oh and if that cleaning is taking so long, does that mean Evras' is finished casting?
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-11-06 at 11:51 AM.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Firbolg in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Slicky shrugs.

In Group Chat: "Golarion already has printing presses. It is not that medieval. If you are thinking of us introducing modern knowledge, system or technology into Golarion in haste, that can be bad for us and may screw us. Well, I think I covered every room. What's left to do are manor exorcism, renovation, full washing and moving Aldern to his temporary home."

Spoiler: Jack_Smith
    Show
    He is quick cleaning. Sort of like walk and spray cleaning. If he was thorough, he would be still down the caves.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-07 at 03:11 AM.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrach shrugs

"Must've confused this place with other campaign worlds I've played on. Its easy to forget that even IRL technology didn't progress in places where people weren't pressed for the need, and here magic can do pretty much everything you'd want technology to do. No need for an assembly line if you can hire a wizard to cast Fabricate. Anyway, if were done here with the clear, on to the next task?"

He responds to everyone in group chat
    "Where are Xanesha and The Brotherhood to be found? Do we have to travel far? I have a magic carpet, but I am itching to drop this human form and I think its because my "natural" form is now a freaking skeletal dragon. I'd be willing to carry ya'll, but you'll have to be careful not to get cut on all the sharp edges."
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2022-11-07 at 09:33 AM.

4. - Top - End - #934

AssassinGuy

In Group Chat: They are in Magnimar but I want to recover my spells after expending a lot of spell slots sweeping this manor. I believe Evras would want to rest to recover and change his spells unless that information is outdated or false now. There are still things we want to do. Exorcise this mansion. Fun side quests I want to backtrack to do in Sandpoint before we move on. And don't you want to rearrange the cave and abandon your disguise to stretch in your natural draconic form?"

After teleporting Aldern to the safehouse created by Evras with a non-participant member as his guard with Greater Teleport by information and knowledge from Evras (if no one is doing it) and returning with Evras in tow the same way (Slicky or Evras doing the return trip teleporting), Slicky addresses those present.

In Group Chat: "So we resting?"
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-08 at 08:51 AM.

5. - Top - End - #935

RedWizardGuy

In group chat Good call Slicky, I definitely need to rest.
    First though, since we will be resting soon, I'll use my daily Wish for Hallow and Miracle up a Consecrate.

Evras will then head on down to B37, use his Wish SLA to wish for a Hallow spell, then cast Miracle to duplicate Consecrate

He'll then just speak aloud, quite loudly "I'm teleporting back to Sandpoint to rest in my mansion, anyone want a lift?"
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-11-08 at 05:28 PM.

6. - Top - End - #936

AssassinGuy

In Group Chat: "We going to need to dispel the hallow effect if Terrach is going to live in the caves."

Slicky steps forward.

"I'll take on your offer after I confirmed Vorel's demise."

7. - Top - End - #937
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    Show
    He is quick cleaning. Sort of like walk and spray cleaning. If he was thorough, he would be still down the caves.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This place was abandoned for decades, and has only recently had anyone trying to work on it. You've got deep mold and mildew basically everywhere. Quick cleaning isn't going to make much of an impact, other than highlighting how dirty the place is by creating the occasional clean spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    In group chat Good call Slicky, I definitely need to rest.
    First though, since we will be resting soon, I'll use my daily Wish for Hallow and Miracle up a Consecrate.

Evras will then head on down to B37, use his Wish SLA to wish for a Hallow spell, then cast Miracle to duplicate Consecrate

He'll then just speak aloud, quite loudly "I'm teleporting back to Sandpoint to rest in my mansion, anyone want a lift?"
    The fungus suddenly animates and tears free from the wall. The thing howls in a sloshy, barely human voice, then crumbles to dust.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Ogre in the Playground

Terrach responds to the group chat as he goes down to the caves

"I'm gonna stay here overnight. I'm not tired or sleepy, and I suspect I never will be again. I'll work on the caves, making this a place where I can actually live in my normal form. When you're all ready in the morning, you can find me here or let me know where to meet you."

When he gets down to the caves, Terrach focuses first on the entrance and exit to the sea side, and the structure of the place. He doesn't want to make any changes that will endanger the structure site above or the stability of the cliffs. Once he has confirmed where he can make changes, and where reinforcements need to be made, he will begin tearing away at the mouth of the seaside entrance to make it wide enough for him to enter an exit. All of the shorn away rubble will be collected inside, and he will use his Lyre of Building to reinforce the cave system where it is needed with clean masonry. Finally, Terrach will use several castings of Stone Shape to shore up any imperfections in the interior main chamber where natural erosion has left weak points in the main vault's walls and floor, and create a channel for water to flow during extreme weather events that would bring water inside so that the caves will no longer flood.

(1d20+41)[47] Knowledge: Engineering to examine the caves and determine how and in what order the changes can be made.
    (1d20+20)[23] Perform vs DC18 to play the Lyre of Building

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lonnie stays down in the caves to help Terrach with his work. He conjures a huge earth elemental and directs it to move earth from the opening and whatever Terrach may need him to do.

"Glad to help with this. If you don't mind, I'll stay down here with you. I don't really fit in well with the common folk as well. Though I'm nowhere as big as you."'

If Terrach would, Lonnie asks him to make a small 300 square foot room for him.
    Last edited by Frendle; 2022-11-09 at 04:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #940
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Engineering roll for the caves

Spoiler: Roll
    Show

(1d20+19)[26]

11. - Top - End - #941

AssassinGuy

Slicky gives the entire manor a last check up with his aura and arcane sight to see if Vorel's presence still linger.

Show
    Quick Cleaning is what he will do. He leave the thorough cleaning to the others living in the manor.

Take 10 on Knowledge (Religion) for a checks of 53.

Take 10 on Spellcraft for a checks of 53.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-10 at 12:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frendle View Post
    Lonnie stays down in the caves to help Terrach with his work. He conjures a huge earth elemental and directs it to move earth from the opening and whatever Terrach may need him to do.

"Glad to help with this. If you don't mind, I'll stay down here with you. I don't really fit in well with the common folk as well. Though I'm nowhere as big as you."'

If Terrach would, Lonnie asks him to make a small 300 square foot room for him.
    Terrach responds

"The Lyre of Building only works once a week, but we can dig out any room you want in relatively short order. I'll do that next."

Show

Do we wait for DM to advance the day or just assume we did stuff and move on?

13. - Top - End - #943

AssassinGuy

Show
    I think DM will respond if our characters do something that needs him to post (NPC's reaction, the results of characters action on plot related scenarios, etc).

14. - Top - End - #944

RedWizardGuy

Evras will Greater Teleport Slicky (and anyone else who says yes, but I'm pretty sure it's just him) back to his Resplendent Mansion.

"There's plenty of extra rooms on the second floor if you want one."

He'll re-apply Extended Greater Shapechanger's Gift with his usual human form since it lasts well over a day before heading to his room on the 6th floor to rest.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Terrach responds to the group chat as he goes down to the caves

"I'm gonna stay here overnight. I'm not tired or sleepy, and I suspect I never will be again. I'll work on the caves, making this a place where I can actually live in my normal form. When you're all ready in the morning, you can find me here or let me know where to meet you."

When he gets down to the caves, Terrach focuses first on the entrance and exit to the sea side, and the structure of the place. He doesn't want to make any changes that will endanger the structure site above or the stability of the cliffs. Once he has confirmed where he can make changes, and where reinforcements need to be made, he will begin tearing away at the mouth of the seaside entrance to make it wide enough for him to enter an exit. All of the shorn away rubble will be collected inside, and he will use his Lyre of Building to reinforce the cave system where it is needed with clean masonry. Finally, Terrach will use several castings of Stone Shape to shore up any imperfections in the interior main chamber where natural erosion has left weak points in the main vault's walls and floor, and create a channel for water to flow during extreme weather events that would bring water inside so that the caves will no longer flood.

[roll0] Knowledge: Engineering to examine the caves and determine how and in what order the changes can be made.
    [roll1] Perform vs DC18 to play the Lyre of Building
    You easily figure out how to cut things such that the area will be quite stable for centuries to come.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

16. - Top - End - #946

AssassinGuy

Show
    Anything from Slicky's Aurasight and Arcane Sight?

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Anything from Slicky's Aurasight and Arcane Sight?
    Spoiler: Aura Sight
    Show

The aura of evil fades from an all-pervasive Strong aura of evil to just a Dim aura

Spoiler: Arcane Sight
    Show

You don't detect any magical auras of note.

18. - Top - End - #948

AssassinGuy

Show
    The whole house or just one area? He is doing the whole manor.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-13 at 09:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The whole house or just one area? He is doing the whole manor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The whole house. The entire place was his not-quite-right Phylactery.

20. - Top - End - #950

AssassinGuy

Show
    We have not gotten the results for B8 and B9. Slicky did backtrack for them. Where is the dim evil aura coming from?

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

Whats the next Steps?

22. - Top - End - #952

AssassinGuy

Show
    Waiting for Jack_Smith to respond to my question so we can move forward. Slicky is playing an Inspector after all.
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-16 at 10:56 AM.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    We have not gotten the results for B8 and B9. Slicky did backtrack for them. Where is the dim evil aura coming from?
    Spoiler: Auras
    Show
    The dim aura of fading power seems to be coming from the mansion itself. It's everywhere.

B8:

This cozy-looking drawing room is marred by the unnatural dampness and the thick sheets of mold that cling to the curtains closed over the southern window.
    Spoiler: If you open the curtain - first time only
    Show
    You see a brief glimpse of a forlorn woman's face, which immediately vanishes

B9:
    This library features a pair of chairs, one of which lies on its side, set before a stone fireplace. Every available inch of wall space features floor-to-ceiling bookshelves filled with books, their spines riddled with mold. A brightly colored scarf, its reds and golds contrasting sharply with the drab, moldy palette of the room, is draped over the side of the fallen chair. A single book, open and face-down, sits on the floor between the chairs. A stone bookend, carved to look like a praying angel with butterfly wings, lies on its side in the fireplace itself.

Spoiler: Detailed examination of room
    Show
    A splash of dried blood stains the back of the northernmost chair, and an examination of the bookend reveals more blood, clots of hair, and bits of skull and flesh—in addition, part of one wing has been broken off and is missing

24. - Top - End - #954

AssassinGuy

Slicky loots valuables from the two rooms. He makes contact with the scarf in the Library for as if expecting a reaction.

Group Chat: "The evil aura remains. Multiple castings of hallow and consecration will be needed to remove the remaining aura from the haunts. Or Evras could erase them from existence. We can do sometime later in our downtime."

Once the scarf scenario is over, he will stow it in his inventory. He takes Evras's hand and disappears back to the mansion to reset his spells. As morning comes, Slicky binds the Archmage Spirit to his being and greets Evras.

"Evras, have you done any ACT 1 side-quests before we met?"

Show
    Perception (Take 10) on B8 and B9 to search for loot - 46

Spellcraft (Take 10) for Arcane Sight for B8 and B9 - 53

Knowledge (Religion) (Take 10) for Aura Sight - 53
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-17 at 11:05 AM.

25. - Top - End - #955

RedWizardGuy

Evras in Chat Pretty sure the haunts should be gone, the fungus did the animate, scream and turn to dust thing.
    Don't think I did anything I'd call a sidequest, just defeated the goblin attack, finished off any goblins remaining in town, dealt with the Glasworks and Tsuto, he's in Shades-based Trap The Soul Gem on one of the people who disappeared, so pretty much dead, then cleared Thistletop.

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

Slicky loots valuables from the two rooms. He makes contact with the scarf in the Library for as if expecting a reaction.

Group Chat: "The evil aura remains. Multiple castings of hallow and consecration will be needed to remove the remaining aura from the haunts. Or Evras could erase them from existence. We can do sometime later in our downtime."

Once the scarf scenario is over, he will stow it in his inventory. He takes Evras's hand and disappears back to the mansion to reset his spells. As morning comes, Slicky binds the Archmage Spirit to his being and greets Evras.

"Evras, have you done any ACT 1 side-quests before we met?"

Show
    Perception (Take 10) on B8 and B9 to search for loot - 46

Spellcraft (Take 10) for Arcane Sight for B8 and B9 - 53

Knowledge (Religion) (Take 10) for Aura Sight - 53
    Show
    "Dim" auras are residual. They're fading away, and are the result of stronger magics/alignments that are no longer present. Aura Sight is really good for tracking stronger undead, aligned outsiders, Clerics, and so on that aren't taking the effort to hide their alignment auras; Arcane Sight is similarly useful for tracking stronger casters that don't take the trouble to Greater Magic Aura up. How long they last depends on the strength of the original aura. No more clearing is needed, other than time.

And I've been assuming folks will search, so dropping such things in spoilers. Nothing's noted.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-11-18 at 07:41 AM.

27. - Top - End - #957

AssassinGuy

In Group Chat: "I must be overthinking things. The evil aura are likely remaining traces of vile magic fading away. Well, that will take care of itself with time. I will be going for the side-quests and my own business before we go to Magnimar. There are a few concerns that needed to be addressed along the way while we are here. Are we going to rescue and resurrect the blacksmith son? His remains are under the Chopper's house in Chopper Isle. There is this scenario is in Arc 4 when we can tackle now to mitigate headaches. Are we dealing with the Scarnetti in Sandpoint via blackmail and contract now or later? With our many heads and magic, we can dig up dirt on them, forcing them to dance to our demands and gain a foothold in Sandpoint."

Show
    Knowledge (Local) (Take 10) to gain info on Scarnetti Family - 53

Knowledge (Nobility) (Take 10) to gain info on Scarnetti Family - 53
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-18 at 02:28 PM.

28. - Top - End - #958
    Titan in the Playground

In Group Chat: "I must be overthinking things. The evil aura are likely remaining traces of vile magic fading away. Well, that will take care of itself with time. I will be going for the side-quests and my own business before we go to Magnimar. There are a few concerns that needed to be addressed along the way while we are here. Are we going to rescue and resurrect the blacksmith son? His remains are under the Chopper's house in Chopper Isle. There is this scenario is in Arc 4 when we can tackle now to mitigate headaches. Are we dealing with the Scarnetti in Sandpoint via blackmail and contract now or later? With our many heads and magic, we can dig up dirt on them, forcing them to dance to our demands and gain a foothold in Sandpoint."

Show
    Knowledge (Local) (Take 10) to gain info on Scarnetti Family - 53

Knowledge (Nobility) (Take 10) to gain info on Scarnetti Family - 53
    Spoiler: Knowledge(Nobility/Local)
    Show
    You get a pop-up
    "The Scarnetti family is one of the founding famililes of Sandpoint, along with the Kaijitsus, Valdemars, and the Deverins. Loggers and millers, they have a reputation for being ruthless in business; rumors abound about how they're the cause of competing mills burning to the ground, but nobody's ever pinned it on them... and the manager of their flour mill has reduced prices to a record low while the recently burned competing mills are rebuilt, so if it was arson, they're not making any money off the deed. They also have an estate in Magnimar, specifically the Marble district."

29. - Top - End - #959

RedWizardGuy

Group chat Do we even need to do anything with the Scarnetti, weren't they just a red herring?

30. - Top - End - #960

AssassinGuy

In Group Chat: "They are. I guess we can slash that off the list. I'll be off for the side-quests. Time's wasting if I keep idling. Now, that I think about, it is better to let Das's son rest. Don't wanna bind ourselves to the town with anything other than what is necessary."

Slicky use his pigments to create a rickety boat that will sinks halfway across the body of water and three chairs. He makes his way back to Sandpoint with a judicious use of regular transportation and alter self which he employ on himself as soon as the boat collapses into a scattered by of planks. He holds on to one of the planks, doggy paddle in a straight line to the town after calculating the expiry duration of his form when he reaches shore. Walking through the streets, he enters Rusty Dragon Tavern to get along with Ameiko Kaijutu and perform for her and patrons. His antics and comedy is liken to the slapstick of Tom and Jerry. Then, he acquaints himself with other inhabitants of Sandpoint he not yet interact with other than Shayliss. For her, Slicky keeps a lookout for Shayliss from a distance that cannot initiate interaction between them.

Show
    Take 10 on Perform (Sing) ranks for Diplomacy (Take 10) - 56

Craft (Painting) (Take 10) - 30

Perception (Take 10) - 46

Perform (Comedy) (Take 10) - 56
    Last edited by Yas392; 2022-11-20 at 08:21 AM.