New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I just reread my post and realised that I forgot to include my character's name but did mention Evras, so I'm not sure if that spoiler is directed at me or not. I've edited it now to hopefully be clearer.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Sorry. Currently posting from mobile. Edited.Yeah, it's for you.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite the tenseness (sort of) of the situation, Literion couldn't help but chuckle slightly as the goblin just kinda kept sleeping. Of all the things to trip him over, it would have to be forgetting that low-level NPCs had bad enough alertness ratings that they wouldn't wake up to something like that.

If they still had alertness ratings. If they weren't living people.

He pulled a length of his concealed urumi from the illusion that disguised it as a belt and drew on the same magic he'd used back in the graveyard to send a mystical breeze into the wagon, where it would wake up the goblin under his control without disturbing the others - and then once he was sure it was awake, he repeated his telepathic commands, just in case they hadn't taken effect properly while it was asleep.

Show
    Literion casts blood money + limited wish to cast reinvigorating wind, treating the dominated goblin as an ally. (And commands it to stay still and answer him telepathically when he asks questions again.)
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Literion
    Show
    The goblin awakens, and telepathically replies - in goblin: "Sure thing boss."
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    You could have also simply given the order to awaken.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

Cierra takes another look around the area. The festival is nice enough honestly other than being mute and away from her family the place seemed comfortable. Gentle sea breeze, warm but not hot sun light, well built homes. It honestly isn't to bad here. I wonder what the others are preoccupied with.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Literion gave a slender grin as the goblin replied. That was the first step.

Now all he had to do was get information from it. Once upon a time he'd had a list of questions, the most optimised set he'd been able to come up with that would get all the information a dominated or charmed NPC was programmed to provide in a minimum amount of time. That, of course, was back at his house in the real world. Or...his old world, perhaps. It certainly seemed as though this world was as real as any other.

So he would just have to improvise, and try to get as much information as he could think of. He moved away from the wagon again, close enough that he could still see the wagon in case the other goblins woke up, but not close enough that anyone might have any suspicion about why he was just staring at a random wagon. If the town square was close enough he'd even go and buy something to eat, if he could find something that was portable enough he could walk around while eating it.

But first he returned his telepathic attention to the dominated goblin. ~What are you doing in Sandpoint?~

Show
    In the interests of avoiding a long back-and-forth of like one sentence per post I figured I'd summarise my questions into one post; hopefully that's okay.

The first and most important question would obviously be 'what are you doing in Sandpoint?' Assuming it answers with something along the lines of 'to attack it,' he'll ask a few more questions:
    - How many goblins are in Sandpoint as part of the attack?
    - (If the answer is more than 10) Where are the others located?
    - How did they get into the town?
    - What's the plan for the attack once it starts, and what are any specific objectives they have?
    - Who's leading the attack, and who planned it?

All still via telepathy in the Goblin language.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Show

Literion gave a slender grin as the goblin replied. That was the first step.

Now all he had to do was get information from it. Once upon a time he'd had a list of questions, the most optimised set he'd been able to come up with that would get all the information a dominated or charmed NPC was programmed to provide in a minimum amount of time. That, of course, was back at his house in the real world. Or...his old world, perhaps. It certainly seemed as though this world was as real as any other.

So he would just have to improvise, and try to get as much information as he could think of. He moved away from the wagon again, close enough that he could still see the wagon in case the other goblins woke up, but not close enough that anyone might have any suspicion about why he was just staring at a random wagon. If the town square was close enough he'd even go and buy something to eat, if he could find something that was portable enough he could walk around while eating it.

But first he returned his telepathic attention to the dominated goblin. ~What are you doing in Sandpoint?~

Show
    In the interests of avoiding a long back-and-forth of like one sentence per post I figured I'd summarise my questions into one post; hopefully that's okay.

The first and most important question would obviously be 'what are you doing in Sandpoint?' Assuming it answers with something along the lines of 'to attack it,' he'll ask a few more questions:
    - How many goblins are in Sandpoint as part of the attack?
    - (If the answer is more than 10) Where are the others located?
    - How did they get into the town?
    - What's the plan for the attack once it starts, and what are any specific objectives they have?
    - Who's leading the attack, and who planned it?

All still via telepathy in the Goblin language.
    The goblin replies along your spell's telepathic channel "Oh, yeah! There's more. There's umm.... one, three, six... err, that's not right. Hang on... One, two, four.... err... four tribes involved? Yeah, that's right. Six tribes. And each of us sent... umm... one, four, six... err... ten? Yeah, that's right. Three. Six goblins per tribe. So that means there's ... um... five times eight... carry the seven... forty two? Yeah, that seems right. Twenty four of us." He does his best to answer the other questions too, unfortunately, his best isn't what most folks would consider 'useful' or even 'coherent' "Umm... the others are coming through the ... doors? No, that's not right. The windows! There we go. The others are coming in through the windows when the signal goes off. They're just not here yet. We're all supposed to just slaughter everyone and take over the town. Totally defenseless place, no way we can lose. We're leading the attack! ... although some stupid longshank girl seems to be calling the shots for Chief, for some reason."

Show
    Sorry. The book goes out of it's way to emphasize just how stupid these particular goblins are.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Evras samples the local cuisine, particularly whatever exotic (at least by local standards) food the Rusty Dragon put out and introducing himself by name (Evras, not James, he's keeping his real life name out of this just in case, not that he's thought of a case yet) to the unfortunate individuals manning stalls rather than taking the day off. He gives them all the same story, he's a travelling scholar and adventurer who couldn't resist visiting when he heard about the festival.
    With that done he'll find an out of the way location, cast invisibility on himself, revert to his Aeon form and fly around to inspect the towns gates, looking for signs of how goblins will get in.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Evras samples the local cuisine, particularly whatever exotic (at least by local standards) food the Rusty Dragon put out and introducing himself by name (Evras, not James, he's keeping his real life name out of this just in case, not that he's thought of a case yet) to the unfortunate individuals manning stalls rather than taking the day off. He gives them all the same story, he's a travelling scholar and adventurer who couldn't resist visiting when he heard about the festival.
    With that done he'll find an out of the way location, cast invisibility on himself, revert to his Aeon form and fly around to inspect the towns gates, looking for signs of how goblins will get in.
    Spoiler: Evras
    Show
    The food is delicious, if lacking in spices for a modern palette.

Searching, you easily find that someone has left the north gate open and unattended.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-20 at 11:39 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet notices Cierra looking around and they looked as well. The city was nice it was mostly peaceful. They had grown up in a small town but their area was more rural so the town part was only a few blocks wide so this was a bit more than what they where used to. "Its peaceful here." they said smiling just a little.

They would try and remember what they knew about Sandpoint from the game. They liked exploring and so had probably crossed over each of these streets at one point. "Do you want to look around?" they asked aloud and signing in ASL at the same time. They could link up telepathically of course but it was best to use this if they could so they where not being oddly silent.

Show
    I would like to recall what Quiet knows of the town, I can roll a d20 if you like. Local has a +22 modifier and History has a +35 just let me know.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Literion massaged his temples slightly at the nonsense responses from the goblin. "Fine, fine," he muttered aloud. He half considered sending it back to sleep and reading its dreams, but at this point he wasn't entirely sure that its memories would be any clearer, and dream-reading was cryptic at the best of times.

In the absence of any information, then, there was only one more question to ask the goblin. ~Why are you doing this? What could the people of this town have done to you to deserve being murdered en masse?~

11. - Top - End - #131

RedWizardGuy

Well that certainly would do it, Evras will close the gate, if there's some obvious means of barring it he'll use that to properly close it, if not then he'll pull out his spellbook, and use Quick Study to prepare and cast an Arcane Lock spell (he'd have to come back to dispel it later, but for now it'd certainly keep goblins out). After that he'll wait and see what happens.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Well that certainly would do it, Evras will close the gate, if there's some obvious means of barring it he'll use that to properly close it, if not then he'll pull out his spellbook, and use Quick Study to prepare and cast an Arcane Lock spell (he'd have to come back to dispel it later, but for now it'd certainly keep goblins out). After that he'll wait and see what happens.
    Show
    There's a perfectly good bar you can use to seal the gate. Nice, thick, heavy wood, along with iron brackets to hold it in place. Sealing the gate up poses no difficulties.
    Literion massaged his temples slightly at the nonsense responses from the goblin. "Fine, fine," he muttered aloud. He half considered sending it back to sleep and reading its dreams, but at this point he wasn't entirely sure that its memories would be any clearer, and dream-reading was cryptic at the best of times.

In the absence of any information, then, there was only one more question to ask the goblin. ~Why are you doing this? What could the people of this town have done to you to deserve being murdered en masse?~
    Show
    The goblin seems confused as it replies telpathically "I don't need any reason to kill some stupid longshanks, any more than I need a reason to kill a stupid rat. That's what they're for."

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    Quiet notices Cierra looking around and they looked as well. The city was nice it was mostly peaceful. They had grown up in a small town but their area was more rural so the town part was only a few blocks wide so this was a bit more than what they where used to. "Its peaceful here." they said smiling just a little.

They would try and remember what they knew about Sandpoint from the game. They liked exploring and so had probably crossed over each of these streets at one point. "Do you want to look around?" they asked aloud and signing in ASL at the same time. They could link up telepathically of course but it was best to use this if they could so they where not being oddly silent.

Show
    I would like to recall what Quiet knows of the town, I can roll a d20 if you like. Local has a +22 modifier and History has a +35 just let me know.
    Spoiler: Quiet
    Show

When you deliberately focus on your knowledge of the area, you get a pop-up window that has some text:
    Those who head north from Magnimar along the rocky coastline quickly find themselves in a peculiar country. Fog drapes the rolling landscape, fl oating spectrally along damp and lonely moors. Small woodlands grace the region, their tangled depths redolent of nettles and pepperwood and pine sap, while further inland, river valleys lined by majestic redwoods wind between ragged tors and limestone escarpments. This vastness and the sense of isolation have earned the region its local name. This is the Lost Coast.

Yet there are pockets of civilization along the Lost Coast. Traditional Varisian campsites can be found in nearly every gulch and hollow along the cliff -lined reaches, and lonely houses sit upon bluff s now and then—domiciles for eccentrics or the rich seeking a bit of peace far from the bustle of Magnimar’s streets. Roadside inns grace the Lost Coast road every 24 miles or so, placed by virtue of the distance most travelers can walk given a day’s travel. Low stone shrines to Desna, goddess of wanderers and patron of the Varisians, give further opportunities for shelter should one of the all-too-common rainstorms catch the traveler unaware. Given
    time, any of these seeds of civilization could bloom into a full-grown town, or even a city. It’s happened once already, along the shores of a natural harbor nestled among the cliff s some 50 miles northeast of Magnimar. What was once a larger-than-normal Varisian campsite in the shadow of an ancient ruined tower has become the Lost Coast’s largest town: Sandpoint.

As one approaches the town of Sandpoint, the footprint of civilization upon the Lost Coast grows more clear. Farmlands in the outlying moors and river valleys grow more numerous, and the blue-green waters of the Varisian Gulf bear more and more fishing vessels upon its surface. Passage over creeks and rivers is more often accomplished by wooden bridge than ford, and the Lost Coast Road itself grows wider and better-kept. Sight of Sandpoint from either approach (south or east) is kept hidden by the large upthrust limestone pavements known as the Devil’s Platter or the arc of rocky outcroppings known as Whistler’s Tors, but as the final
    bend in the road is rounded, Sandpoint’s smoking chimneys and bustling streets greet the traveler with open arms and the promise of warm beds, a welcome sight indeed for those who have spent the last few days alone on the Lost Coast Road. From the south, entrance to Sandpoint is governed by a wooden bridge, while from the north a low stone wall gives the town a bit of protection. Here, the Lost Coast Road passes through a stone
    gatehouse that is generally watched by one or two guards—the southern bridge is typically unattended. Aside from the occasional goblin, the citizens of Sandpoint have traditionally had little worries about invasion or banditry—the region simply isn’t populated enough to make theft a lucrative business. Hanging from a bent nail at both the gatehouse and the southern bridge is a sign and a mirror—painted on each sign is the message: “Welcome to Sandpoint! Please stop to see yourself as we see you!”

S
    Small Town conventional (mayor); AL NG
    GP Limit 800 gp; Assets 49,600 gp
    DEMOGRAPHICS
    Population 1,240
    Type isolated (90% human, 3% halfling, 2% dwarf, 2% elf, 1% half-elf, 1% gnome, 1% half-orc)
    AUTHORITY FIGURES
    Kendra Deverin mayor (NG female human aristocrat 4/expert 3);
    Belor Hemlock, sheriff (CG human male fighter 4);
    Abstalar Zantus, town priest (CG male human cleric 4);
    Titus Scarnetti, nobleman (LN male human aristocrat 6);
    Ethram Valdemar, nobleman (NG male human aristocrat 5/expert 2);
    Lonjiku Kaijitsu, nobleman (LN aristocrat 3/expert 2)

It has a <more> button at the bottom.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-21 at 07:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Literion's expression turned darker as he heard (so to speak) the goblin's reply. But even hearing that...he still couldn't just kill them. If he did, how would he have been any better than they were?

~What is the signal you are expecting?~ he asked the goblin. And once he had its response, he switched spellbooks again as he went back to the wagon briefly. ~Alert me telepathically if you awaken.~ The command would probably make little sense to the goblin for a few moments - but Literion sent a powerful sleeping spell into the wagon to make sure the goblins stayed asleep, hopefully through whatever was supposed to signal the attack.

Just to be on the safe side, he left a scrying sensor to watch the goblins too (yet another popup in the corner of his HUD, to go along with the Locate Creature marker that he hadn't dismissed) in case any of the other goblins resisted the Deep Slumber spell and woke up without 'his' goblin waking up and warning him, before he went to see if he could find any of the others and report his findings.

Show
    Literion Quick Studies deep slumber and greater scrying (and I really need to replenish my arcane pool at some point lol, I'm almost out!), casts deep slumber on the goblins (DC29 Will, and if 10HD isn't enough to cover all 10 goblins - if I can even tell - I'll use another one) and greater scrying on the dominated goblin (DC33 Will). Hopefully 10ft around the dominated goblin is enough for me to see them all.

And then he'll go try to find the other PCs, because I really should've done the telepathic bond suggestion that was mentioned before we all split up lol whoops.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: General OOC
    Show
    Anything else folks want to do before the invasion scene?
    Literion's expression turned darker as he heard (so to speak) the goblin's reply. But even hearing that...he still couldn't just kill them. If he did, how would he have been any better than they were?

~What is the signal you are expecting?~ he asked the goblin. And once he had its response, he switched spellbooks again as he went back to the wagon briefly. ~Alert me telepathically if you awaken.~ The command would probably make little sense to the goblin for a few moments - but Literion sent a powerful sleeping spell into the wagon to make sure the goblins stayed asleep, hopefully through whatever was supposed to signal the attack.

Just to be on the safe side, he left a scrying sensor to watch the goblins too (yet another popup in the corner of his HUD, to go along with the Locate Creature marker that he hadn't dismissed) in case any of the other goblins resisted the Deep Slumber spell and woke up without 'his' goblin waking up and warning him, before he went to see if he could find any of the others and report his findings.

Show
    Literion Quick Studies deep slumber and greater scrying (and I really need to replenish my arcane pool at some point lol, I'm almost out!), casts deep slumber on the goblins (DC29 Will, and if 10HD isn't enough to cover all 10 goblins - if I can even tell - I'll use another one) and greater scrying on the dominated goblin (DC33 Will). Hopefully 10ft around the dominated goblin is enough for me to see them all.

And then he'll go try to find the other PCs, because I really should've done the telepathic bond suggestion that was mentioned before we all split up lol whoops.
    Show
    The goblin telepathically replies to the question before succumbing to the spells "Oh, that's easy. There's going to be a big boom. We're all supposed to attack when it happens. And can do boss, I'll let you know if I wake up, but I'm not aslee...." your spell takes effect before he finishes that sentence.
    Show
    Targetted effects let you know if they worked, area spells do not. Deep Slumber inherits an area from Sleep - so you can't tell, especially as they're largely all already asleep. There's also the duration: The magical slumber isn't sticking around all that long.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-20 at 07:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Still invisible, Momonga shakes his head to clear it, so he’s not distracted by musings and does a brief patrol of the graveyard’s grounds to see if anyone might have been in there and might still be there, paralyzed by fright perhaps, that they had missed due to the confusion of translating so suddenly between worlds, as well as simply for any goblins which might have been sneaking in that way. Even if they were probably weak, might as well not be caught off guard.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Blindsense 60ft and +30 to perception. I’m guessing at least at this point that’s enough that I don’t really need to roll for it.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

Show
    I haven't been doing any outside interaction as the event thus far is a bit mundane. Hence, I was hoping the invasion would happen sometime soon. However, I had forgotten to mention wandering near the gate in anticipation of it.
    Last edited by Dakrsidder; 2022-03-20 at 09:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    The deep slumber will last about quarter of an hour, I can't imagine it would take that long for Literion to find at least some of the others to let them know what he's discovered. If the invasion hasn't happened by then then Literion would have to think of something else to do (which is kinda why I was wanting to re-involve the other PCs in case any of them had particular plans / wanted to do RP stuff about it), but if it happens before that expires then I'm fine to move on to it

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    Still invisible, Momonga shakes his head to clear it, so he’s not distracted by musings and does a brief patrol of the graveyard’s grounds to see if anyone might have been in there and might still be there, paralyzed by fright perhaps, that they had missed due to the confusion of translating so suddenly between worlds, as well as simply for any goblins which might have been sneaking in that way. Even if they were probably weak, might as well not be caught off guard.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Blindsense 60ft and +30 to perception. I’m guessing at least at this point that’s enough that I don’t really need to roll for it.
    Spoiler: Momonga
    Show
    You don't find anyone in the gaveyard you weren't expecting, but on a deliberate search, you do find a sturdy wooden ladder leaning against the exterior wall opposite the city, with the top of the ladder just low enough that it isn't visible from the ground inside the graveyard proper.

Spoiler: Simple OOC
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    I haven't been doing any outside interaction as the event thus far is a bit mundane. Hence, I was hoping the invasion would happen sometime soon. However, I had forgotten to mention wandering near the gate in anticipation of it.
    The gate that's now closed & barred by Evras' actions? Parking yourself inside, outside, above, under, or something else?

On combat: to be fair, the module calls for it quickly (the combat description starts in paragraph 7 from the header "The Swallowtail Festival"), but you logically have several hours to do whatever if you're going through the entire festival run (we are), and you have foreknowledge, which means lots of folks are making preparations. Additionally, most folks are here for the RP, so I was letting that happen. Yes, there will be combat, but the upcoming combat is expected to be very, very short, and will largely consist of me giving descriptions of goblins going splat when you start reacting violently (there are non-goblins later on in this book if we hit all the dungeons, and of course, there's five more books of this). I... wouldn't recommend being here primarily for the battles, as while they'll be here, they aren't going to last long: Most of all'y'all will be able to reasonably reliably one-round the biggest bad with a listed CR in the last book.

The deep slumber will last about quarter of an hour, I can't imagine it would take that long for Literion to find at least some of the others to let them know what he's discovered. If the invasion hasn't happened by then then Literion would have to think of something else to do (which is kinda why I was wanting to re-involve the other PCs in case any of them had particular plans / wanted to do RP stuff about it), but if it happens before that expires then I'm fine to move on to it
    Folks here just talked about lunch and the invasion is scheduled for the evening. 15 minutes or so is plenty of time to find the others, sure, but if you wish to deal with them in a non-lethal manner, you'll need something that lasts at least a couple of hours (there's no shortage of options for that, magic or mundane).
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-21 at 06:41 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I will continue milling about the festival and seeing what, if anything, there is to get into or to experience. People to meet etc. Happy to casually heal anyone that looks like they need it, smooth anxieties, etc. Just generally being a paladin.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    The gate that's now closed & barred by Evras' actions? Parking yourself inside, outside, above, under, or something else?

On combat: to be fair, the module calls for it quickly (the combat description starts in paragraph 7 from the header "The Swallowtail Festival"), but you logically have several hours to do whatever if you're going through the entire festival run (we are), and you have foreknowledge, which means lots of folks are making preparations. Additionally, most folks are here for the RP, so I was letting that happen. Yes, there will be combat, but the upcoming combat is expected to be very, very short, and will largely consist of me giving descriptions of goblins going splat when you start reacting violently (there are non-goblins later on in this book if we hit all the dungeons, and of course, there's five more books of this). I... wouldn't recommend being here primarily for the battles, as while they'll be here, they aren't going to last long: Most of all'y'all will be able to reasonably reliably one-round the biggest bad with a listed CR in the last book.
    Show
    Still within the town just leaning maybe 30 ft away I could use greater windsight or a spell to extend my range of detection but I won't bother.

It's not so much that I'm here for combat rather there's not really much going on in general, so I'm waiting for combat in anticipation that it'll spring on something more interesting than the current events. The preparations are fine, but I personally don't have much interest in any considering it's the first encounter which is composed of a goblin attack and grave robbing.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    I was mostly waiting to see if anyone specifically wanted to get involved in RP about what to do about the goblins, which is why I didn't do anything permanent. If no-one is then yeah I can do something else, I have a few silly ideas lol.

It didn't take long for Literion to find Lio, the paladin not exactly making much effort to hide himself. Since he didn't want to start using spells on the other players without their permission, he waited until Literion wasn't too busy before catching the other former player's eye and beckoning him (along with any of the others who were around) out of sight of the majority of the villagers before casting another Telepathic Bond so they could talk while they were apart, without arousing suspicion - at least, more than they already probably had.

~I found a small group of goblins already in the town, ten of them. They're hidden in a wagon just south of the main square. I've got a scrying sensor watching them, and they should be asleep for a little while longer, but...~ He trailed off for a moment. ~I don't know what to do. I'm sure if they were found by the townspeople, the response would be to kill them - or at least to try to - but I...I can't just kill them.~ He couldn't help but remember what the goblin had said. It reminded him too much of the way he would've viewed the goblins when they were still just virtual pixels that followed programmed actions. ~What do we do? Should we just try to get them out of the city without alerting the townsfolk?~

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If, and this is still a big if is some of our minds here, if this world is real then the goblins need to be dealt with as you would any other threat. Applying moral values from our world to this one can only lead to problems. Do you have some idea as to how to get them out of town without killing them? Once they attack they won’t hesitate to kill anyone they can and I’d not like to choose who gets to die before we can react to it.
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga settles in wait on the top of the wall where the ladder is, in such a way that he wouldn’t be visible to anyone on the ladder until they were already at the top if possible, and deactivates his own invisibility. Then he just settles in to wait for whenever this supposed goblin attack might happen.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet would whisper into Samael's mind through there telepathic assuming they are within 300 ft. 'I have a way, if they fail against my hexes that is, to turn them into animal servants. They would be alive, turned to animals but retain their intelligence. They would be under dominate monster permanently. I could perhaps change them into beasts of burden or pets. They could be commanded to stand watch over the city' quiet was aware that while not classified as an evil act normally this might cause some unpleasant conversations since it was for all intents turning them into their servants till they died, or Quiet did.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

For me that sort of slavery is much less appealing than sending to meet whatever gods they worship.
    I like the globe warm...

26. - Top - End - #146

RedWizardGuy

James/Evras takes a look through his own character sheet while he waits, and is reminded that Envisaging doesn't actually have a range limit, as a result he's going to attempt to contact the others with it, sending them visions of him finding and barring the gate and asking Literion if he managed to find anything.

Show
    I don't see a range listed, so worth a shot. If it does works he won't be able to receive responses from anyone immune to mind affecting (which I think is just Momonga).

I'm not exactly waiting for combat, just not quite sure what to do.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-03-21 at 04:10 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

They thought about that for a moment before considering what they knew of religion, goblin gods, their afterlife. Where would a goblin go when you killed them? Presuming they where not a PC and played under a good alignment that is. 'Perhaps, but we don't know what happens if we just kill them. Their gods are probably not happy go lucky. If I recall from D&D their gods were rather cruel.' but they shrugged slightly even if Samael was not there there directly to see it. 'I won't force this on the group, but it is an option. A life in the city as a pet or even beast of burden will mean food in their bellies, perhaps even caring families. Might make them see these people in a better light.'

Show

Do I need to roll? Religion is a +35

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

A life of needs met in slavery is still slavery. But we wont rule it out if it makes you feel better.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    They thought about that for a moment before considering what they knew of religion, goblin gods, their afterlife. Where would a goblin go when you killed them? Presuming they where not a PC and played under a good alignment that is. 'Perhaps, but we don't know what happens if we just kill them. Their gods are probably not happy go lucky. If I recall from D&D their gods were rather cruel.' but they shrugged slightly even if Samael was not there there directly to see it. 'I won't force this on the group, but it is an option. A life in the city as a pet or even beast of burden will mean food in their bellies, perhaps even caring families. Might make them see these people in a better light.'

Show

Do I need to roll? Religion is a +35
    Spoiler: Kn(Religion)
    Show
    Goblins conduct their worship in simple, bloody rituals filled with howls, animal sacrifice, and ecstatic dancing. They craft fetishes from the bones of their enemies, particularly dogs and humanoids.[7] The four Goblin Hero-Gods (Hadregash, Venkelvore, Zarongel, and Zogmugot) are common objects of worship among goblins, but they revere Lamashtu above all else, because she freed the hero-gods from Asmodeus. Goblin tribes that worship one hero-god to the exclusion of others are considered heretics.

All goblin hero-gods reside in Basalfeyst in the Abyss.
    Lamashtu's realm is Kurnugia, the largest layer of the Abyss.

The Abyss is NOT a nice place, being a CE plane. However, the Pathfinder afterlife is, in a weird way, heaven all around, due to the alignment sorting. You're Good? You end up in a place where everyone is. Ditto for Lawful, Chaotic, and Evil. If you worship a deity of your own alignment, you end up in a place you'll naturally fit in perfectly, the only drawback is that everyone there is just like you in terms of general behavior. You're Lawful Evil? You'll end up where everyone will do exactly what they agree to, you get to survive by your ability to make deals and follow the rules. You're Chaotic Evil? Survival of the fittest, you've got your chance to make it to the top! Hell and the Abyss are not places of punishment, they're places of purity. Just not the kind folks accustomed to modern thinking want. Will there be suffering for the goblins? Absolutely. But it is, quite literally, only going to be what they'd do to others were the positions reversed, as the folks causing the suffering are, fundamentally, exactly like the ones upon whom they're inflicting pain.

James/Evras takes a look through his own character sheet while he waits, and is reminded that Envisaging doesn't actually have a range limit, as a result he's going to attempt to contact the others with it, sending them visions of him finding and barring the gate and asking Literion if he managed to find anything.

Show
    I don't see a range listed, so worth a shot. If it does works he won't be able to receive responses from anyone immune to mind affecting (which I think is just Momonga).

I'm not exactly waiting for combat, just not quite sure what to do.
    Show
    By default, everything targetted requires line of sight and line of effect. Certain things don't need either (like scrying spells), and you can place area spells even without line of sight, but by default everything does. So no, you can't Envisage someone you can't see.

Spoiler: Regarding the goblins
    Show
    The real question is "How permanent do you want the solution to be?" and "What can you stomach?" There's a rather lot of ways to deal with this.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-21 at 05:25 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Makes sense to me.