New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Making no effort to do anything resembling a productive activity, Aethra continues staring at the screen. "If anyone thought that was torture, you've seen nothing yet. Although I'd assume logical deductions and mulling through possibilities is quite fun.

Anyways, if it popped-up for goblins it probably will with the summon but what about a Simulacrum? I'd create one but some of you have gimmicks to cover the cost I ignored to avoid being too cheesy."

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Evras types up responses to everything, the chat log is a convenience he's glad to have:Exit is greyed out and unresponsive, can't feel or interact with our 'real' bodies or headsets at all, we definitely can't leave, first thing I noticed.
    I'll try with my summon, it's certainly got personality now, but if you have a goblin mind controlled that might be a better test, if I remember my lore right summons are more magical copies than truly individual creatures, it's why you can just casually summon 1d4+1 identical Lillends who all have the exact same spells known and haven't expended a single resource that day.
    As for a simulacrum, I could use my daily wish SLA, but I'd rather save that for an unexpected emergency, it takes 12 hours otherwise.
    I still intent to treat the world as though it's entirely real, if it's not then no harm done, but I wouldn't want to act as though it's not and find out it was only after something regretable happens. Not sure what that's got to do with the morality of bloodthirsty goblins that freely admit their desire to murder innocents.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Pity Samael didn't mention he likes tea, Evras has a bunch of fancy tea leaves and a magic teapot.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show
    Wander over and speak with him/me We haven't had a lot of time to just talk with one another.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: General OOC
    Show
    Well, as nobody's posted in a bit over 24 hours, ticking the clock. Roll initiative, goblins got a 24 (18, +2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative). Anyone who gets above a 24 can go. Folks get to control their own summons in combat.

Finally, as the sun begins to set, Father Zantus takes the central podium, uses a thunderstone to attract everyone’s attention, and clears his throat as he prepares to recite the Prayer of First Dreaming.

When it does...
    Ten goblins rush out of the forested area by the north gate... and pause a bit when it's not open.
    Three rush up the ladder at the side of the cemetary.
    The ten in the wagon awaken, most of which start to cause trouble (one of which sends the ordered telepathic message, instead)
    And ten more rush out of the glassworks into the town.

The goblins in the twon shriek and leap and race and cackle, taking great joy in the panic and fear they spread among the humans (whom most goblins insultingly call “longshanks”). Some goblins wave torches and light tents on fire, while others chase children and pets with ill intent. The entire time, goblin warchanters sing a horrifically catchy and nerve-wracking goblin song at the top of their lungs, further spurring their kin into murderous frenzy. Everywhere the PCs look, goblins tear through merchant stalls, menace locals with their dogslicers, throw rocks through windows, and otherwise make terrors of themselves.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show

(1d20+14)[18]

Initiative and place holder for result
    I like the globe warm...

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    I have a 30 Initiative anyway.
    But I will roll to determine among the party
    (1d20+30)[35]

If I do end up going first. Going to use one of my 3/day Obscuring Mist from my Ioun Stone to try and stop the goblins chasing the children.
    Last edited by Wabbit; 2022-03-25 at 09:35 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Show
    (1d20+10)[11] Time to trash some goblins.

8. - Top - End - #188

RedWizardGuy

Evras will see the goblins on the ladder, no human leader among them. "Was really expecting the human to come here, especially when Literion confirmed there was a human somewhere."
    He'll then shrug and hit the three ladder goblins with his Horrid Wilting SLA.
    Frilzrys (his familiar) will fly above the wall to see if there's more coming and telepathically relay that information to both Evras and anyone else nearby (just Momonga if memory serves)

The Ghaele will zap as many of the goblins at the gate as possible with its Chain Lightning

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show
    I was waiting to see if the inviting 'NPCs' to our party chat worked.

Thanks to forewarned Evras don't need to roll initiative, so jumping right in
    Initiative is 20+33=53
    I think summons follow their summoner's initiative, but just in case the ghaele would get (1d20+5)[20] and would take the same actions whether before or after the goblins.
    Horrid Wilting is (20d6)[53] untyped damage, DC 30 fort to halve, so those goblins are almost certainly dessicated husks.
    Chain lightning is (13d6)[49] reflex half DC 19 for the primary and 17 for the rest

9. - Top - End - #189
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Roll to overcome my SR then cause I guess you missed it but I’m right at the top of the ladder. And in case it’s needed, Fort: (1d20+35)[55] Though also at this point a rules question: Grim Reapers are incorporeal, do I retain incorporealness while transformed?

10. - Top - End - #190

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Horrid wilting is targeted and I'm certainly not targeting you. Even if I was you're undead and therefore immune to fort saves.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-03-25 at 03:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    Evras will see the goblins on the ladder, no human leader among them. "Was really expecting the human to come here, especially when Literion confirmed there was a human somewhere."
    He'll then shrug and hit the three ladder goblins with his Horrid Wilting SLA.
    Frilzrys (his familiar) will fly above the wall to see if there's more coming and telepathically relay that information to both Evras and anyone else nearby (just Momonga if memory serves)

The Ghaele will zap as many of the goblins at the gate as possible with its Chain Lightning

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show
    I was waiting to see if the inviting 'NPCs' to our party chat worked.

Thanks to forewarned Evras don't need to roll initiative, so jumping right in
    Initiative is 20+33=53
    I think summons follow their summoner's initiative, but just in case the ghaele would get [roll0] and would take the same actions whether before or after the goblins.
    Horrid Wilting is [roll1] untyped damage, DC 30 fort to halve, so those goblins are almost certainly dessicated husks.
    Chain lightning is [roll2] reflex half DC 19 for the primary and 17 for the rest
    Show
    Folks talked about it, but nobody actually tried.

And yes, Summons act on the summoner's turn, although it's admittedly a little weird that they do when they're a few hundred feet away from each other and hours away from the summoning.

And yeah, even on a successful save, those goblins go straight from full to dead for the Horrid Wilting. The ones at the gate are... marginally better off if they're not the primary targets.

All three goblins on the ladder scream in agony as the moisture is very painfully pulled from their bodies. The scream starts loud and raw, but quickly rattles away to a dry sigh, and then silence. The dead, dry leather of their bodies falls to the ground with a soft thud, cracking open and revealing their dessicated internal organs and exposing a few bones as well.

At the gate, the Gheale's lightning isn't quite as effective - but it still gets the job done. The smell of burnt flesh fills the air as seven of the goblins die before they even have a chance to scream, the lightning ripping through them, burning their flesh and causing their innards to boil, literally detonating them, covering the area in a shower of gore. Three of the secondary targets just barely manage to avoid enough of it to survive... for the moment. These "lucky" ones have gaping burned holes in their chests, with their life's blood pumping out onto the ground.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    The "lucky" ones are bleeding out at -5.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    Show
    I have a 30 Initiative anyway.
    But I will roll to determine among the party
    [roll0]

If I do end up going first. Going to use one of my 3/day Obscuring Mist from my Ioun Stone to try and stop the goblins chasing the children.
    The goblins caught in the cloud pause and look around in confusion at the mist. You can hear one (in goblin) say "Isn't it usually foggy in the morning?"

However, there's a lot of goblins, and they're very spread out. The dozen or so you didn't catch continue their work. You see one poor woman get cornered, her chest sliced open by one goblin... and you see the horror in her eyes as another goblin merrily starts chewing on her flesh, relishing the taste of her raw meat, not bothering to make sure she's dead before taking a bite. She fortunately falls unconscious from the injuries at this point.

Most the others are OK with not getting their meat quite that fresh, and are largely just chasing the townsfolk around. A few of them do get distracted by the tables of food, and start stuffing their pockets for later.

Show
    Huh. Didn't think the goblins would actually get a turn. OK. Now everyone can go (including the folks who just went, as your turns will be coming back up before the goblins' do). I don't really care what order folks go in.

So there are:
    Three goblins standing confused in the obscuring mist.
    An unclear number of goblins running around being very scattered in the town (this includes the dominated goblin, as he has no current orders).
    Three goblins bleeding out at the gate (and seven very dead goblins, although it will be tricky to count those bodies).
    Three very dead goblins at the graveyard ladder.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet is horrified to see the woman being attacked. They need more time these little monsters are spreading everywhere and in random directions like a bag of super balls that where poured out. In truth there is only one way for them to get the time they need to wrangle the buggers before they spread out further. Thankfully they seemed to be in clumps at the moment.

Time Stop!

Spoiler: Time Stop Dice Roll
    Show

(1d4+1)[5]

Spoiler: OOC/Time Stop Actions - Invalid
    Show

Not sure if you want this here but with 5 turns I might as well ramble it off.
    First Round - Rod of Voracious Hex + (Split Major Hex) - Restless Slumber (catch the three goblins within the cloud, and one extra goblin if they are within 30 ft of any of the three)
    Second Round - Move Action (up to 100 ft) and use the Rod of Voracious Hex again (Restless Slumber again) to target the goblins that attacked the woman (up to 4 goblins if they are within 30 ft of each other)
    Third Round - Move Action and then use the Rod again to Restless Slumber any additional Goblins I see (Un to 4 if they are all within 30 ft of one another)
    Fourth Round - Move Action use Split Major Hex to Restless Slumber any other goblins I see (2 this time if they are within 30 ft)
    Fifth Round - Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on the Woman [roll]2d8+10[/roll]
    Sorry that was weird I know. Thats 14 potential Goblins each rolling vs my DC 44 will and they take 1d10 dmg for every turn they are asleep
    Last edited by Wabbit; 2022-03-26 at 09:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga glares at Evras and flies a bit closer to the chaos while pointing into town and firing off a Chain Lightning of his own to hit whatever goblins might be in range. “That’s a bit rude, stealing these ones. You knew I was here, and I had plans for them.”

Show
    Flies 60ft and Chain Lightning is CL21 for 1240ft initial range, DC 37, (20d6)[67] damage

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sighing audibly and then setting my tea cup getly on the table I walk into the largest group of gobbo's and start slicing away at them.

Spoiler: Attacks and damages
    Show
    I assume it should be one hit on kill but I could always roll 1's
    (1d20+46)[51]
    (2d6+24)[30]

(1d20+41)[59]
    (2d6+24)[36]

(1d20+36)[46]
    (2d6+24)[33]

(1d20+31)[44]
    (2d6+24)[28]
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #195

RedWizardGuy

Evras will reply quite cheerfully (he didn't see the woman getting eaten and is therefore of the opinion that things are going wonderfully) "You're a necromancer aren't you, if anything I just made them more useful, dessication might even help with the smell."

Evras will fly 60ft after him (I never actually reapplied my disguise after wandering around invisibly thanks to the time skip, or we can say I did in which case walking 30ft instead), and he'll horrid wilting any goblins who are somehow still left. If there's none he'll just move further.

Ghaele will stay by the gate, unless it can see other goblins to defend the town from its got no reason to move, I think it'll switch to its light form and fly 70ft up a bit to get a better view.

Show
    Probably unneeded horrid wilting rolls (20d6)[69], still DC 30.

Oh and how exactly is Quiet affecting enemies while timestopped?
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-03-26 at 05:33 PM. Reason: forgot Ghaele

16. - Top - End - #196
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    Ignore my post. Time Stop would work, but nothing from that point on would.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Ah, the joys of not being able to post for a couple days in a fast-paced game. Not that Literion has much in the way of initiative anyway.

Literion swore as he realised, far too late, what the loud noise the goblins were waiting for was.

And then carnage erupted all around him - where the heck had those other goblins come from?

He paused for a moment to send a simple telepathic message to the goblin he'd controlled - ~Attack the other goblins that were in the wagon with you~ - before turning his attention to his item box. He'd...kinda been hoping to stay relatively undercover, but he wasn't going to just not do anything.

A cauldron popped into existence and landed in front of him, and he tapped the edge of it it with the rod he'd been carrying as he spoke the words of a spell and tossed a random two Harrow cards into the liquid that formed as he spoke, causing it to immediately boil and bubble with celestial energies before a variety of angelic-looking figures came spiralling out of the cauldron. "Protect the townsfolk!"

And then he turned his attention to the goblins, and almost before he realised he was doing it drew on the most lethal spell he had prepared, sending horrific illusions to tear the life from their bodies.

Show
    Literion uses a move action to withdraw a cauldron of overwhelming allies from his item box and uses quickened summon monster ix via his rod and lattice to summon (1d4+1)[5] bralani azatas (azatae?) and (1d3)[1] monadic devas via Summon Good Monster.

Harrowed Summoning rolls:
    (1d6)[2] (1d9)[2] The Cricket, +4 Dex and the devas stick around twice as long
    (1d6)[1] (1d9)[1] The Paladin, +4 Str

Using his actual standard action, he casts weird (DC35) on whatever the biggest clump of goblins he can target with it is. If they're so spread out he can't target more than two, he'll instead cast magic missile, sending two missiles per goblin (and one at a third I guess.)
    Damage to one goblin: (2d4+2)[6]
    Damage to another goblin: (2d4+2)[7]
    And damage to a third: (1d4+1)[3]

The bralanis will use their fly speeds to take to the sky and start raining arrows down on the goblins. The devas will engage the goblins in melee, using holy smite (DC18) or holy word (DC21) if they can catch a number of goblins without hitting any townsfolk. I have no idea how many summons I'm actually going to have from this mess, so I'll roll for the maximum number.

Bralani 1 single shot: (1d20+12)[20] for (1d8+6)[9] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 2 single shot: (1d20+12)[27] for (1d8+6)[12] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 3 single shot: (1d20+12)[30] for (1d8+6)[12] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 4 single shot: (1d20+12)[23] for (1d8+6)[13] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 5 single shot: (1d20+12)[29] for (1d8+6)[10] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning

EDIT: Turns out bralanis don't have adaptive bows, so no extra damage for them.

Deva 1 morningstar: (1d20+22)[36] for (1d8+10)[14] or Holy Smite damage: (5d8)[19] +2 atk & +3 dmg on the melee attack from Harrowed Summoning
    Deva 2 morningstar: (1d20+22)[37] for (1d8+10)[12] or Holy Smite damage: (5d8)[20]
    Deva 3 morningstar: (1d20+22)[32] for (1d8+10)[14] or Holy Smite damage: (5d8)[26]
    Last edited by Llyarden; 2022-03-27 at 08:29 AM.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    Momonga glares at Evras and flies a bit closer to the chaos while pointing into town and firing off a Chain Lightning of his own to hit whatever goblins might be in range. “That’s a bit rude, stealing these ones. You knew I was here, and I had plans for them.”

Show
    Flies 60ft and Chain Lightning is CL21 for 1240ft initial range, DC 37, [roll0] damage
    Unfortunately, the goblins have spread out much more; you only catch three of them in your area. Your power goes through them, scorching their outsides and flash-boiling their innards, causing them to explode, showering the nearby townsfolk in blood and guts... but not their own, and for that, at least, they seem grateful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not bothinering to roll saves, as with 67 base damage to the initial, they're all dead even on successful saves (for which they'd need 20's).

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Sighing audibly and then setting my tea cup getly on the table I walk into the largest group of gobbo's and start slicing away at them.

Spoiler: Attacks and damages
    Show
    I assume it should be one hit on kill but I could always roll 1's
    [roll0]
    [roll1]

[roll2]
    [roll3]

[roll4]
    [roll5]

[roll6]
    [roll7]
    Your first slash lops the head off one goblin, triggering a shower of arterial blood all over you. Your sword continues through, and you literally cut the next one in half at the waist, it's guts spilling out on the ground as your sword passes through it almost as if it wasn't there, the force of your blow sending intestines flying. The third is caught in an upswing, and you slice upwards through it's groin, reaching it's heart, and getting your sword out of it's body just below an arm. The final one you hit with an overhand blow, dead-center on it's head, slicing through it down wards, and separating it's left from it's right. The brains seep out of it's skull. About this time, the head of the first one lands on the ground with a thud.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, they're all dead.

Evras will reply quite cheerfully (he didn't see the woman getting eaten and is therefore of the opinion that things are going wonderfully) "You're a necromancer aren't you, if anything I just made them more useful, dessication might even help with the smell."

Evras will fly 60ft after him (I never actually reapplied my disguise after wandering around invisibly thanks to the time skip, or we can say I did in which case walking 30ft instead), and he'll horrid wilting any goblins who are somehow still left. If there's none he'll just move further.

Ghaele will stay by the gate, unless it can see other goblins to defend the town from its got no reason to move, I think it'll switch to its light form and fly 70ft up a bit to get a better view.

Show
    Probably unneeded horrid wilting rolls [roll0], still DC 30.

Oh and how exactly is Quiet affecting enemies while timestopped?
    Spoiler: On Quiet and time stop
    Show
    Unsuccessfully. If there's no edit by the time I'm done going through folks' turns, well... panic actions happen to the best of folks.

You find a small group of goblins to kill... and this time, the towns folks get to watch as the beasts die screaming, and collapse into slightly more than powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Llyarden View Post
    Show
    Ah, the joys of not being able to post for a couple days in a fast-paced game. Not that Literion has much in the way of initiative anyway.

Literion swore as he realised, far too late, what the loud noise the goblins were waiting for was.

And then carnage erupted all around him - where the heck had those other goblins come from?

He paused for a moment to send a simple telepathic message to the goblin he'd controlled - ~Attack the other goblins that were in the wagon with you~ - before turning his attention to his item box. He'd...kinda been hoping to stay relatively undercover, but he wasn't going to just not do anything.

A cauldron popped into existence and landed in front of him, and he tapped the edge of it it with the rod he'd been carrying as he spoke the words of a spell and tossed a random two Harrow cards into the liquid that formed as he spoke, causing it to immediately boil and bubble with celestial energies before a variety of angelic-looking figures came spiralling out of the cauldron. "Protect the townsfolk!"

And then he turned his attention to the goblins, and almost before he realised he was doing it drew on the most lethal spell he had prepared, sending horrific illusions to tear the life from their bodies.

Show
    Literion uses a move action to withdraw a cauldron of overwhelming allies from his item box and uses quickened summon monster ix via his rod and lattice to summon [roll0] bralani azatas (azatae?) and [roll1] monadic devas via Summon Good Monster.

Harrowed Summoning rolls:
    [roll2] [roll3] The Cricket, +4 Dex and the devas stick around twice as long
    [roll4] [roll5] The Paladin, +4 Str

Using his actual standard action, he casts weird (DC35) on whatever the biggest clump of goblins he can target with it is. If they're so spread out he can't target more than two, he'll instead cast magic missile, sending two missiles per goblin (and one at a third I guess.)
    Damage to one goblin: [roll6]
    Damage to another goblin: [roll7]
    And damage to a third: [roll8]

The bralanis will use their fly speeds to take to the sky and start raining arrows down on the goblins. The devas will engage the goblins in melee, using holy smite (DC18) or holy word (DC21) if they can catch a number of goblins without hitting any townsfolk. I have no idea how many summons I'm actually going to have from this mess, so I'll roll for the maximum number.

Bralani 1 single shot: [roll9] for [roll10] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 2 single shot: [roll11] for [roll12] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 3 single shot: [roll13] for [roll14] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 4 single shot: [roll15] for [roll16] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning
    Bralani 5 single shot: [roll17] for [roll18] +2 atk from Harrowed Summoning

EDIT: Turns out bralanis don't have adaptive bows, so no extra damage for them.

Deva 1 morningstar: [roll19] for [roll20] or Holy Smite damage: [roll21] +2 atk & +3 dmg on the melee attack from Harrowed Summoning
    Deva 2 morningstar: [roll22] for [roll23] or Holy Smite damage: [roll24]
    Deva 3 morningstar: [roll25] for [roll26] or Holy Smite damage: [roll27]
    Again, more goblins die screaming, these ones with their faces contorted in terror at visions only they can see, freezing their expressions into their faces in death. The summoned archers rain down death from above, bringing all that remain in the streets down, leaving them bleeding and dying.

Whisper briefly panics, and momentarily forgets that working on other folks during a time stop doesn't help...

The handful of goblins that are left, for their part, finally figure out that this is bad juju, then break and run. They all find cover very, very quickly, being much smaller than full-sized humans, and very willing to get themselves into dirty, stinky places. After just a few seconds, it's much like they all simply vanished.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Since they all scattered I will move amongst the injured and begin healing them if they need it.
    I like the globe warm...

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

Show
    I would very much like our discussion to remain in PM I really do not like being made fun of especially since I actually selected spells for this day and none of my selected spells would work so telling me I should use X, Y, or Z doesn't do anything when those spells are not on my prepared spells list.
    Last edited by Wabbit; 2022-03-28 at 12:25 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    Show
    I would very much like our discussion to remain in PM I really do not like being made fun of especially since I actually selected spells for this day and none of my selected spells would work so telling me I should use X, Y, or Z doesn't do anything when those spells are not on my prepared spells list.

Show
    For what it's worth I didn't see anything snide from anyone.
    I like the globe warm...

22. - Top - End - #202

RedWizardGuy

Evras will quickly speak up, deliberately not giving the locals time to properly respond to his actions or form. "We must find all the remaining goblins, if they're still in Sandpoint they're still a danger to its inhabitants." He'll then Dimension door his way to the gate, upon seeing the dead goblins he'll speak to the Ghaele "Nicely done, but they must have had a second way inside, or else snuck in earlier, there's more within the town, the fighting was as one sided as expected, but some retreated, I'd like you to help find them before they find an isolated villager or two to eat." And then he'll dimension door back with the Ghaele in toe and begin searching.

Show
    I think 1280ft should be enough for the DDoor
    As for searching, 120ft blindsight and (1d20+49)[56] perception.
    What sort of action is typing messages to each other BTW?
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-03-28 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Forgot colour

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

“I dare say another locate creature would probably work well in this case, but it would have been better if some had been, I dunno, captured alive to begin with? Killing them all is fine and all but it would be helpful if we could have found out more.” Momonga comments, while keeping an eye out himself for where any stray goblins may have hidden themselves if they’re still in town.

Show
    Blindsense 60 still and perception: (1d20+30)[35]

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    Since they all scattered I will move amongst the injured and begin healing them if they need it.
    You lot of of minor injuries, but only a few major ones. Seems the goblins were overconfident, and were mostly just enjoying scaring everyone. Mostly. Some were treating it as business. People seem suitably grateful for the help, however.

Evras will quickly speak up, deliberately not giving the locals time to properly respond to his actions or form. "We must find all the remaining goblins, if they're still in Sandpoint they're still a danger to its inhabitants." He'll then Dimension door his way to the gate, upon seeing the dead goblins he'll speak to the Ghaele "Nicely done, but they must have had a second way inside, or else snuck in earlier, there's more within the town, the fighting was as one sided as expected, but some retreated, I'd like you to help find them before they find an isolated villager or two to eat." And then he'll dimension door back with the Ghaele in toe and begin searching.

Show
    I think 1280ft should be enough for the DDoor
    As for searching, 120ft blindsight and [roll0] perception.
    What sort of action is typing messages to each other BTW?
    Spoiler: Evras
    Show
    Does your blindsight have an exception to Line-of-Effect (few do, but I should ask)?

Show
    For folks with years of practical experience in typing? It's slightly slower than speech (faster - potentially much faster - for actual professional typists, but those are rather rare nowadays because everyone types a little). A move action to pull up the interface - which everyone can see - and generally a move action or so to type out a short message. And you need both hands free to type that quickly.

For folks who don't even have the concept of a typewriter, much less a computer, after you finally convince them to actually try? One finger hunt and peck takes a LONG time. Your rounds/level buffs will run out before the NPC is done typing "Hello."

“I dare say another locate creature would probably work well in this case, but it would have been better if some had been, I dunno, captured alive to begin with? Killing them all is fine and all but it would be helpful if we could have found out more.” Momonga comments, while keeping an eye out himself for where any stray goblins may have hidden themselves if they’re still in town.

Show
    Blindsense 60 still and perception: [roll0]
    Spoiler: Momonga
    Show
    You find a few at the gate haven't quite finished bleeding out, yet.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-03-28 at 08:03 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

RedWizardGuy

"Locate creature will probably just point to any goblin that's not bled out yet, maybe if they're all dead." While he's searching Evras will finally get around to trying that invite the summon idea, he'll invite the Ghaele and say "Just touch Accept, I imagine it's a little odd, but if it works it allows for written communication."

Show
    No LoS exceptions that I'm aware of.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-03-28 at 08:36 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga draws on what little he does know about proper medicine and combines that with a brief glimpse into possibility itself to stabilize one of the goblins and then turns to another two to attempt the same. After that, he reports it on the chat: “Found a few which managed to somehow barely survive. I’m taking them for interrogation if anyone wants to join.”

Show
    First heal check I’m activating an ability, Flash of Insight, to grant myself a 20 on the check for a total of 30, then next two: (1d20+10)[19] and (1d20+10)[15]

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I say to the group in general, Can no one speak with the dead?
    I like the globe warm...

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

"Locate creature will probably just point to any goblin that's not bled out yet, maybe if they're all dead." While he's searching Evras will finally get around to trying that invite the summon idea, he'll invite the Ghaele and say "Just touch Accept, I imagine it's a little odd, but if it works it allows for written communication."

Show
    No LoS exceptions that I'm aware of.
    Spoiler: Evras
    Show
    The Ghaele asks "What strange magic is this? I know I don't make a study of magic, but this doesn't even look slightly familiar..." However, he does hit the button as instructed... and you get get the "new party member added" confirmation.

Momonga draws on what little he does know about proper medicine and combines that with a brief glimpse into possibility itself to stabilize one of the goblins and then turns to another two to attempt the same. After that, he reports it on the chat: “Found a few which managed to somehow barely survive. I’m taking them for interrogation if anyone wants to join.”

Show
    First heal check I’m activating an ability, Flash of Insight, to grant myself a 20 on the check for a total of 30, then next two: [roll0] and [roll1]
    Spoiler: Momonga
    Show
    You manage to stabilize all three quite readily. They are, however, still unconscious, being heavily injured.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ettin in the Playground

With the main body of the goblin forces routed, Literion sighed and relaxed slightly, returning the cauldron he'd summoned to his item box as he glanced over at the party chat. If they're anything like the one I Dominated earlier, they're too stupid to have any useful information - but knowing where they came from would be good. There were more than just the ten I knew about in the wagon. I'll try to hunt down the goblins that fled.

And he would proceed to do just that, recasting his Locate Creature spell (if nothing else it would let him know if there were any other bleeding-out goblins for Momonga to capture) and trying to quite literally track the goblins that had fled.

Show
    Taking 10 on Survival and Perception for 42 and 32 respectively.
    "Follow the moonwalking Nosepass!"
    "Can you put the lich in a box?"

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga taps his chin in consideration. “That’s a fair point, but I’m sure we can get useful intel out of them somehow. You said you dominated one? Is it still alive? Maybe see what you can get out of that one and these.. maybe we can wake them up later and follow them back to their lair or even go along with them while disguised as a goblin. If they’re as dumb as you say I could easily convince them I was one of them I bet.”