New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Overpowered Rise of the Runelords

Quiet was not exactly sure what to make of all of this. But was glad that things seemed to be quieting down from the fuss of the goblin attack. They where more of less clean as well so no reason for the townsfolk to find them unseemly. They typed into the party chat 'It seems like we are spending a lot of time with these goblins. Shouldn't we go and deal with their den already?' though not wanting to be rude by being too forward.

They signed while speaking to those near them "I would very much not like to deal with this kind of thing again. That blood was very realistic and made me uncomfortable." meaning the blood from the women who was attacked.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    It doesn't take long to find the town's Shoanti sheriff, Belor Hemlock, who seems to be finishing up cleaning goblin blood off of his own blade - seems he got one in the fight too, short as it was. When you point him at the captive goblins, he sighs, and says "OK, so... you're not wrong to turn them in. That said: they were caught red-handed in a mass raid with murder on their minds, and dozens of witnesses... not that most folks can tell - or care if they can - one goblin from another. If they were to go to trial, all that would be waiting them is execution after a very short 'trial.'" You find you can pretty much hear the quotes around the word trial "The goblins don't consider themselves citizens or anything, and wouldn't view the trial as valid anyway. That is of course assuming the folks over in Magnimar didn't just laugh at me for suggesting putting goblins on trial." He sighs, "Plus, they're too stupid to interrogate, even when you can find someone who understands them. And I just finished cleaning my blade..." he tails off as he draws his weapon again and heads towards the prisoners.
    With nobody stopping him, sheriff Belor Hemlock proceeds to systemically slice the throats of the captured goblins, their blood choking them to death and running out on the street, forming a puddle, which starts to dry in the evening air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder999 View Post
    "I very much doubt the goblin planned this out, frankly the attack on town, unsuccessful though it was, showed far more planning than I'd expect from them. It came in the window there, looks like it wasn't latched, headed into the closet, probably the first moderately concealed spot it saw, noticed the loose floorboard and crawled in, goblins are strangely talented at hiding in cramped spaces." Evras points at the window, latch, closet and floorboard in turn as he speaks to Boa.
    He'll then sheath his sword and make sure to put the floorboard back in place, using wood shape to help if needed and even use prestidigitation to leave it smelling faintly of citrus rather than goblins.
    He'll speak to the family next, "The goblin's dust, and I've removed that, so should be safe now, though I'd recommend latching your windows in future, lock the doors too. Goodbye and I hope the rest of your day is less eventful."
    He'll then step outside and type a message to the group:
    Found a goblin hiding in a closet, might have given the owners a bit of a scare, anyone found anything interesting or need a hand?
    The family lets you leave without any hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lioslaith View Post
    I will follow the instructions, taking off the clothing and doing the knock, then gently lower myself into the warm water, enjoying the soak. When the message pops up about the goblin I will respond, "Best just kill it. I doubt they will be able to do anything with it here."
    You hear a door on the other side of the cabinet open, your clothes pulled out, and close. If you wait long enough (about thirty minutes), you hear the door open and close again, although this time a soft rustling makes it clear the clothes are put back.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I will definitely wait until the water looses all its heat. Then get out and get dressed before getting ready to leave.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga watches the execution with a neutral expression on his face. "A strong sense of justice, admirable." He turns away from the messy sight and moves on, not particularly caring when there was a fair chance that someone else from the party would have stepped in to execute them anyway after the chat responses. If they couldn't get anything from goblins directly, they could probably still find the traces the goblins left behind. He begins to search the perimeter of the town for traces left by the goblins which might lead back to their dens.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Survival check to look for tracks: (1d20+30)[41]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

I will definitely wait until the water looses all its heat. Then get out and get dressed before getting ready to leave.
    When you're done with the bath, you find your clothes clean, folded, and dry; no trace of blood or grime on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFlash View Post
    Momonga watches the execution with a neutral expression on his face. "A strong sense of justice, admirable." He turns away from the messy sight and moves on, not particularly caring when there was a fair chance that someone else from the party would have stepped in to execute them anyway after the chat responses. If they couldn't get anything from goblins directly, they could probably still find the traces the goblins left behind. He begins to search the perimeter of the town for traces left by the goblins which might lead back to their dens.

Show
    Survival check to look for tracks: [roll0]
    You have no trouble finding their tracks. It seems they came from (and the handful of survivors went off in) five different directions. It looks like there were multiple tribes involved. It also appears that at least one group of goblins used the Sandpoint Glassworks as a staging area. Additionally, you find some goblin tracks leading in that are more recent than the ones leading out.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Dressing as I was I will exit the bath and find Garridan Viskalai. Smiling I will thank him for the hospitality clasping his hand with both mine and I will put a couple of the diamonds in his hand.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I seem to be unable to find the post where you detailed how much fundage we had
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2022-04-12 at 05:22 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Dressing as I was I will exit the bath and find Garridan Viskalai. Smiling I will thank him for the hospitality clasping his hand with both mine and I will put a couple of the diamonds in his hand.

Show
    I seem to be unable to find the post where you detailed how much fundage we had
    His jaw drops, and he simply stands there stupified for a bit.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Copied the relevant info into into the first post. You want the from recruitment thread spoiler, big sixteen equivalent:
    "Additionally, you have 999 diamonds (valued at 1,000 gp each), 999 platinum coins, 999 gold coins, 999 silver coins, and 999 copper coins on hand (it was a imitation on the interface)." - you're all loaded.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I just smile at him and proceed outside looking for the others.
    I like the globe warm...

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga immediately starts following the fresh inbound tracks and tries to find the goblins, as more goblins sneaking around is probably not a good thing.

Show
    Perception: (1d20+30)[38]

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet would go looking for goblins themselves. They had decided they should probably do something rather than just stand around. They pull their rod of Abrupt Hexes from their glove of storing and see if they can find where any goblins might be hiding.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+33)[50] - Perception
    (1d20+25)[45] - Survival (If its suppose to be this instead)

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

I just smile at him and proceed outside looking for the others.
    As you walk away, the innkeeper recovers, takes a closer look at the diamonds, and his brow crinkles a bit. He briefly opens his mouth and starts to raise his hand as though planning on hailing you to ask you something, but then changes his mind, and heads off away from the inn.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabbit View Post
    Quiet would go looking for goblins themselves. They had decided they should probably do something rather than just stand around. They pull their rod of Abrupt Hexes from their glove of storing and see if they can find where any goblins might be hiding.
    Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    [roll0] - Perception
    [roll1] - Survival (If its suppose to be this instead)
    Show
    Perception can find tracks, but Survival is required to follow them.

You have no trouble finding their tracks. It seems they came from (and the handful of survivors went off in) five different directions. It looks like there were multiple tribes involved. It also appears that at least one group of goblins used the Sandpoint Glassworks as a staging area. Additionally, you find some goblin tracks leading in that are more recent than the ones leading out.
    Momonga immediately starts following the fresh inbound tracks and tries to find the goblins, as more goblins sneaking around is probably not a good thing.

Show
    Perception: [roll0]
    Spoiler: Map
    Show

Approaching the glassworks, you find it's strangely quiet, although the furnace still plumes with smoke. A quick investigation of the building perimeter reveals that curtains have been drawn over the windows and all the doors are locked. The rumble of the Glassworks’ furnace is plainly audible from within.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If I notice the innkeepers hesitation I will pause and turn slightly in his direction to allow him to go ahead and ask whatever he wants. If not I will proceed with finding the others and regrouping.
    I like the globe warm...

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

If I notice the innkeepers hesitation I will pause and turn slightly in his direction to allow him to go ahead and ask whatever he wants. If not I will proceed with finding the others and regrouping.
    Garridan Viskalai seems a bit hesitant, but your charming demeanor convinces him to continue; he seems confused, and pulls out a small eye loupe to continue examining them while speaking: "These two diamonds are the same. Exactly the same, as far as I can tell. There's a jeweler in town I plan to double-check with, but... they're the same. It's not just a similar color like you'd get from two gems from the same mine, it's the same color. It's not just a similar cut like you'd get from two gems from the same gemcutter, it's the same cut. The inclusions are likewise the same, and in the same spots. That just doesn't happen. Ever. Where did you get these?"

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I smile again, “That is a really interesting observation, I legitimately do not know from whence they came. Does it diminish their worth, being the same as they are?” I pull out a few coins and examine them as well. Offering to let him have a look. Are they the same as well?
    I like the globe warm...

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Momonga considers the situation then simply activates his at-will invisibility before reaching a hand out towards the wall of the building, touching it to test if his incorporeality is maintained while polymorphed or if he’ll need to return to his true form to pass through the wall.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Evras is going to continue looking for goblin tracks. He'll have a look what anyone he walks past is currently thinking about with his envisaging while he's at it.

Show
    Taking 10 again for
    59 on perception
    and 48 on survival
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-04-13 at 11:01 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet will move toward the glassworks. Nodding to Momoga as they seem them. They will drop their assume greater appearance by activating their etherealness at-will ability and passes into the building.

Spoiler: Etherealness
    Show
    Acts as Ethereal Jaunt, turns the user ethereal
    An ethereal creature is invisible, insubstantial, and capable of moving in any direction, even up or down, albeit at half normal speed. As an insubstantial creature, you can move through solid objects, including living creatures. An ethereal creature can see and hear on the Material Plane, but everything looks gray and ephemeral. Sight and hearing onto the Material Plane are limited to 60 feet.

Still carrying their rod of abrupt spells they will investigate inside to look for signs of goblin habitation.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show

(1d20+33)[40]

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

I smile again, “That is a really interesting observation, I legitimately do not know from whence they came. Does it diminish their worth, being the same as they are?” I pull out a few coins and examine them as well. Offering to let him have a look. Are they the same as well?
    You find that the coins are indeed identical - in fact, the different metals seem to have the exact same design, just scaled to match the weight of fifty to a pound. The game's logo is clearly stamped on both sides.

Garridan Viskalai takes them, and says
    "Doesn't affect their value, no. although I don't plan to spend them in the same place, so as to avoid awkward questions... like I might ask. Yes, these are both the same too, but that's only unusual with coins - those are generally made in presses or molds, and those naturally create at least some perfect repeats, so it's only a little unusual to see two that are exactly alike; happens a few times a month at the inn." He hands them back to you as he adds "Although I admit I've never seen that logo on a coin before. Never thought the Pathfinder society dared to have their own mint. Why would they bother, though? It makes no sense to me... unless... they didn't make a mint, and this is from elsewhere. Where did you call home, if you don't mind my asking?"

Momonga considers the situation then simply activates his at-will invisibility before reaching a hand out towards the wall of the building, touching it to test if his incorporeality is maintained while polymorphed or if he’ll need to return to his true form to pass through the wall.
    Your hand passes through the wall without issue.
    Spoiler: General OOC
    Show
    In Pathfinder, polymorph effects basically never change types or subtypes - and incorporeal is a subtype, so you keep it, which has both advantages and disadvantages.

Evras is going to continue looking for goblin tracks. He'll have a look what anyone he walks past is currently thinking about with his envisaging while he's at it.

Show
    Taking 10 again for
    59 on perception
    and 48 on survival
    Spoiler
    Show
    You've got your choice of where to go.

Quiet will move toward the glassworks. Nodding to Momoga as they seem them. They will drop their assume greater appearance by activating their etherealness at-will ability and passes into the building.

Spoiler: Etherealness
    Show
    Acts as Ethereal Jaunt, turns the user ethereal
    An ethereal creature is invisible, insubstantial, and capable of moving in any direction, even up or down, albeit at half normal speed. As an insubstantial creature, you can move through solid objects, including living creatures. An ethereal creature can see and hear on the Material Plane, but everything looks gray and ephemeral. Sight and hearing onto the Material Plane are limited to 60 feet.

Still carrying their rod of abrupt spells they will investigate inside to look for signs of goblin habitation.
    Spoiler: Perception
    Show

[roll0]
    Spoiler: Quiet
    Show
    See The map. Which room do you enter first?
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-04-13 at 07:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Location
    Show
    A6 please it seems like a good middle point of the building to try to start from.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Show
    Are we reasonably alone?
    I like the globe warm...

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Location
    Show
    A6 please it seems like a good middle point of the building to try to start from.
    You find yourself in what looks like a wrecked dining room; tables and chairs sized for humans are upended, some smashed or pried apart. There's at least two decks of playing cards scattered about the place. You find lots of goblin-sized footprints around the place, most of which seem to ultimately lead through the door in the northwest (upper-right wall on the map, North is to the right, for some reason). You can hear what sounds like high pitched giggles, shrieks, and breaking glass coming from that same direction.
    Show
    Are we reasonably alone?
    Taking a quick glance around, you notice that most folks are out of easy earshot, so a whisper probably wouldn't be heard, but you are standing basically at the door of a successful inn, which also serves as a pub for the locals.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-04-14 at 06:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

”Where I am from and where my avatar are from are very different places and are very far apart. If you’ve a moment to speak in private I could enlighten you further but if not we can suffice it to say that it is far from here.” I try to look apologetic at him since I don’t really want to just blast out the whole story nor reveal who I am in this world yet.
    I like the globe warm...

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

”Where I am from and where my avatar are from are very different places and are very far apart. If you’ve a moment to speak in private I could enlighten you further but if not we can suffice it to say that it is far from here.” I try to look apologetic at him since I don’t really want to just blast out the whole story nor reveal who I am in this world yet.
    Garridan Viskalai chuckles, and says "For you, I've got time. Turns out an inn has a lot of rooms, and folks like quiet for sleeping. Come..." if you follow, he leads you to a suite at the back of the inn, and despite the noise of the pub, it is a quiet room indeed. There's a small fireplace (loaded with wood, but not currently lit), two beds of the same size, one nightstand per bed, a clean brass chamberpot, a glass window with shutters and curtains (window closed and latched, shutters and curtains open), two wooden chairs with cushions, a small table between them, a sink with a mirror, and a stand for a bucket of water (currently empty). On arrival, the innkeeper adds "Luxury suite, well away from prying ears."
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2022-04-14 at 06:42 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Once we get into the room and the door closes I will drop the alternate shape and revert to my full angel form. ”This is who I am here. But I hail from a different world entirely. Where I am from, and be warned this could be jarring, what you perceive as your world is a game. This… body I inhabit wasn’t real to me until a few hours ago.”
    I like the globe warm...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet heads toward the source of the giggling and breaking sounds to the right (north) still invisible. Passing through the wall, peeking into the next room to see where the little buggers are.

26. - Top - End - #266

RedWizardGuy

Show
    Where do the tracks not leading to the glassworks seem to lead? Are they headed out of town or are there more goblins possibly in town?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Once we get into the room and the door closes I will drop the alternate shape and revert to my full angel form. ”This is who I am here. But I hail from a different world entirely. Where I am from, and be warned this could be jarring, what you perceive as your world is a game. This… body I inhabit wasn’t real to me until a few hours ago.”
    The inkeeper stops being coherent for a bit "So... you're an angel that's not an angel? Huh. Well, it's long been known that many outsiders seem to consider our world something of a game to play, so that one's not too strange. So why here? Why us?"

Show
    Where do the tracks not leading to the glassworks seem to lead? Are they headed out of town or are there more goblins possibly in town?
    Show
    Out of town, in five different directions. Glassworks gobbo's are the only ones left in town.

Quiet heads toward the source of the giggling and breaking sounds to the right (north) still invisible. Passing through the wall, peeking into the next room to see where the little buggers are.
    A long furnace burns along the southeast wall of this equally long room. Marble tables sit throughout the chamber, used to work raw glass into usable shapes, with nearby wooden tables cluttered with various tools of the trade. The building’s furnace rumbles loudly. The main furnace burns at the northeast end, a large chamber that utilizes alchemically treated wood that burns with a hot blue light. The furnace’s stone pipes run to the
    southwest, reaching smaller and progressively cooler furnaces, presumably used to keep glassworking projects at the proper temperature (glass shatters if it’s allowed to cool too quickly).

This room is a gruesome display of goblin boredom. The bodies of the eight murdered staffers lie in various stages of dismemberment; the goblins have been burning legs and arms in the furnace with glee, and pouring melted glass on the remains.
    Spoiler: General OOC
    Show
    Hearing-based Perception checks here take a -4 penalty due to noise.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"That I really do not know. The 'game' in our world was ending and I was just seeing it through to the end then suddenly I found myself here. It could have simply just been happenstance that we ended up here. It seems fortunate that we did, though."

With that I just shrug and look at him apologetically. "I hope you understand the chance I am taking here."
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2022-04-14 at 07:35 PM.
    I like the globe warm...

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quiet sees this and frowns unhappy with their displays of cruelty. Quiet will end their etherealness and use their 1/day spell-like to cast Reverse Gravity on the area of the goblins (with 10 ft cube per level its a total of 200 ft cubes of space so it should collect up all the goblins for 20 rounds.). With that all of the Goblins effects would be cast upward toward the ceiling along with anything else in those areas.

"How cruel" Quiet would say telepathically to the Goblins in their own tongue as they float in the area where they had come through the wall (they are in native Whisperer appearance now) "You must be punished for the lives you have taken. Who first?" their telepathic voice holding an echo quality as it rumbled in their minds.

30. - Top - End - #270

RedWizardGuy

Evras will send a quick message Based on the tracks I've found the only goblins still in town are in the glassworks, the rest split in 5 different directions, presumably back to wherever they live.
    I realise this isn't the time, but I've just realised, none of us have tested to see if the arbitrary inventory limits still apply here, wonder if we could own a 1000th coin or 11th slotsless magic item now, thought I'd mention it before I forget.

He'll also inform any guards or other official seeming people he meets of this news "There's goblins in the glassworks, so steer clear, but that should be the last of them so the town at large is safe."

He'll also give the Ghaele 'orders' "Come with me to the glassworks, seems that's the last place to look, oh and stay invisible please."

He'll then make himself invisible, approach the front door in his Aeon form and open it, if it's locked then he'll use wood shape to simply split the lock off from the rest of the door and enter as quietly as he can

Show
    Probably won't matter since I doubt there'll be any enemies alive to oppose it, but I'm going to roll stealth since Evras is invisible and his SLA would be silent. (1d20+48)[58] That does not include the +20 from invisibility because I forgot it.
    Looking forward to when we all find out in character that Samael has spilled the beans, that'll definitely lead to some interesting conversations.
    Last edited by Thunder999; 2022-04-14 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Forgot how invisibility works