New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC II

Sages of Iettis VI
    Morale: 12

The Umbra Report
    We were checking the data on the Umbra project looking for any useful information that could prevent a return. And in the process we were able to collate the records of just how much each faction in Principia was willing to contribute to the common good. We are pleased that almost everyone was willing to set aside their enmities and come together for the good of the sector. We especially thank the Coalition of the Peaceful and the Believers of the Unwilling God for the large contributions without which Umbra would not doubt have ravaged the sector.

Muridun (12), Sages (10), Believers (10), Grand Republic (8), Vanguard (7), Iron Gods (5), UEO (5).

Spoiler: Vanguard Unity Z-528 (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings to House Liase,

If you are agreeable we would like to invite you to a meeting of the Sector Assembly so that you can learn more about it, and so we can discuss recent events of the past, present, and future in utmost security.

From the Shadows,
    Legion

Spoiler: Unity Party (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings Turul,

I hope that you are doing well in your new accommodations. I would like to meet so that we can liaise on matters of the Sector Assembly.

From the Shadows,
    Legion
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2022-05-18 at 06:09 PM.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity Party
    Morale 11

Quality of living, recreation to work time and Unity. Everything was rising across the board. Profit truly were a wonderful thing. From a poor society to the perfect economy and center of trade in the sector. That was being threatened though. The season of war was coming. It had to be stopped, to be blunted. War must not settle in the new normal no matter how profitable it is. It would only lower the quality of living for all. Gel transmit the command out. From there Order 1226 is transmitted to all in preparation to their new ultimate solution. Shortly after, the ads go up.

Spoiler: Announcement
    Show

We thank everyone for the successful Unification Year. We hope that everyone is satisfied with out deals. We have heard reports of people trying to undercut our deals in an attempt to promote war. We here at the Unity Party, take a hardline stance on not promoting war and so we will be offering our normal rates on weapons. That being said, we would like to announce our own counter deals. FOR THIS SEASON, IN THE NAME OF UNITY, WE WILL SELL MORALE AT 2:1. That's right! 60% off the standard construction cost of Morale! Buy while you still can! What's more, we are again offering a [P morale] to one lucky winner, same rules and conditions apply.

Spoiler: Iron Gods of Ur
    Show

We are glad you are satisfied. Well we are selling your second most demanded goods (Morale) at the rock bottom price of 2:1. As well as the the prize we are considering making standard from now on. We have an additional prize we are considering announcing, but first we have to see what happens in a few decades as its dependent on us finding something. Do not get your hopes up just yet on it.

Spoiler: Sages of Iettis
    Show

Of course, let us talk in private. I'm sure we both have a lot of information to share. I think you will be most interested in my new form.

Turul

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Councillor Chambers," the aide began and she shuffled into the temporary office.

"Sarah," the councillor corrected from her space behind a desk that was much smaller than she was used to.

"Councillor Sarah," the aide corrected, it was close enough, "we have some of the environmental modelling back and-

Sarah didn't say anything, but her frown and raised eyebrows were enough to contribute to the conversation.

"I think you know what we're looking at," the aide side, passing her current tablet over to Sarah Chambers so she could read the overlay on display.

It was snowing outside, soft snowflakes landed on the windows of Sarah Chamber's office. For the first weeks after the reclaiming of Barakan the snow had been mostly ash, but at least it was normal now. '

"****," Sarah swore in response to the data, specifically the last line.

Full Environmental Recovery: Impossible.

She moved further into the data modelling and the news didn't get any better for the future of the ice planet Barakan Prime.

Species extinction rate: 68%. Projected to rise to 71% despite United Ecological Order conservation initiative implementation.

Atmospheric recovery projected timeline: 2200 to Clean. 1230 to Previously Measured Levels.

Resource Sustainability Rating: -49% to previous reading.

Climate Destabilization: 34% from previous 2%

After reading more about the specifics Sarah Chambers set down the tablet and looked up at her aide. "I suppose you're coming here to ask me to add my approval to terraforming Barakan?"

"Our analysis teams show that there isn't another option to return the planet surface to previous levels. Iron Gods' pollution alongside damage done by consistent fighting and lack of sustainable options for resistance fighters has left the planet-"

"On a path to uninhabitability."

"Projected population would experience crop failure within 20 years without significant investment and time for reversal."

Sarah Chambers took a deep breath. That was going to be a big ask for the Order at the moment considering they were working on recycling the materials from the Judiciary, but they owed Barakan. This partner planet had suffered already.

"I'll bring it up at tomorrow's meeting. Get me this modelling so I can get it into the political dockets."

"Yes Councillor."

United Ecological Order:

Spoiler: To the Muridun: MOR 17
    Show

Agreeing to the ceasefire and then taking any action was brave. We will argue on your side against any attempts to turn public opinion against you in these cases.

We hope you were able to make use of the support we sent. You can expect a similar contribution if the war persists in the coming years. Please don't discuss this over less secure channels, we are confident that the Iron God's have more codebreaking power than they're showing.

Should you need to trade, we're confident we can find equal terms.

Spoiler: To the Anterean Crusade: MOR 17
    Show

Welcome to the neighbourhood. We hope you aren't worried by the scale of the assault we levelled against the Judiciary, they had it coming.

In the end it seems that the combination of our preferred methods of war was devastatingly effective and removing a blight from the Galaxy and bringing these planets under proper protection. We're hesitant to open our hands to full alliance, but we hope that you keep our friendship in mind if you have upcoming projects.

You can expect your payment for Reveue in the coming decade. Modified UEO sun-powered vessels for your humanoid warriors are the current expectation (MIL) but we still have time to modify our current plans.

Spoiler: To the Sages: MOR 17
    Show

We are now at peace. We all find our way there eventually.

We ask that you consider the Muridun's arguments when it comes to your neutrality. We are aware that you were supporting the ceasefire with the threat of military intervention, but we feel like throwing your weight behind the Iron Gods would be a mistake despite the Muridun's questionable actions.

Though we are not allowed to send material to them, we are still strongly on the side of the Muridun in this conflict, we hope that we'll find you there, if not at minimum neutral in their interactions.

We don't know if any of the Black Box reached you, but if it did we suggest you destroy the last remnants of the Judges that are outside United Ecological Order control. We have kept the Judges alive or let them leave Principe if they would prefer leaving the Galaxy to working with us. Don't let possible spite of the old regime spoil their new lives.

Spoiler: To the Unity Party: MOR 17
    Show

We would like to clarify that all of your other options are still available at the standard rate? Our people, in reaction to the Iron Gods, have somewhat of a glut of shields and barriers at our disposal so it might not be our preferred method of purchase.

Aside from ECO are you looking for any other stats? We understand that Egalitarian makes you uniquely situated for growth using Economic methods, but we figured we would still ask.

Spoiler: To the Vanguard: MOR 17
    Show

We are now neighbours, a certain improvement over the Traitor Judges. We thank you for your part in dismantling their regime.

Now that we are neighbours we are interested in the idea of Trade. We don't have a universally open rate of trade like the Unity Party, but we are able to offer competitive rates without the threat of growing the already intimidating Unity Party. We can discuss our availability of certain stats in the coming years.

[OOC: I picked up stats from the Judges that I don't universally need, if you're interested I'm interested in trade without feeding the Unity Party MORE free stats.]

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling God: MOR 17
    Show

Does the fight begin? We can arrange travel.

We can also offer assistance against any reasonable target other than the Gods as a thank you for helping keep the Iron Gods at bay with your presence.

[OOC: There is less between us now, we are happy to contribute to routes if you're planning on starting something with he Iron Gods this year.

If it's someone else, that's interesting, let's talk.

Spoiler: To the Secretariat of Lithos: MOR 17
    Show

We ask that you end your War against us. Allowing the Vanguard to assist you.

We know we chose our people above yours, but you would choose the codex above us.

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods: MOR 17
    Show

You may read our message to the Secretariat to see that we are not in breach of our agreement, it's a simple request to have them let the Vanguard through.

Though Barakan has been devastated, it seems the Sages were right in calling you horrors of your word.

On your previous message: The Lithos might be hostile to us but hostility doesn't draw our ire. We don't plan on destroying them as we destroyed the Judges.

To 18 more years of peace.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

The Numinous Secretariat of Lithos
    Morale 15

Spoiler: To the United Ecological Order
    Show
    You have Made Peace with the Enemy in Iron, a fact which we Cannot Ignore. Yet your Peace is not Friendship, and you have Undermined their Works before. Recent events would have us Believe that you are not so Aligned with them, despite a Truce.

You have your Armistice for the time being. Yet Cooperation with the Vanguard or any other Temporal Power will have to wait until the Demiurges are Defeated.

Public: The Numinous Secretariat withdraws its declaration of war against the United Ecological Order.

Spoiler: To the Muridun
    Show
    We have glimpsed Beyond the Walls of Urruk, and Fear now for your Safety against the Annihilation. Should you Desire to Engage in an Exchange, we may facilitate one through the Gaskites.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Are you interested in trading through the UEO for Morale from the Secretariat? They can go 1:1 with you if you like (with the -1 trade penalty), to help boost your defenses in case of an invasion.

The Grand Republic of Principia
    Reputation - Feared
    Morale 10

The broadcast of the GRP's latest election - the 178th throughout its history - makes its way to the Principian airwaves. There is footage of voters turning up to submit physical ballots in person. At the same time, many of the news outlets from Ranunculus and other Republican systems report a steady amount of both psionic and electronic voting via secure channels. The results are definitive, erring towards a landslide: the War Party has once again secured a majority of the seats in power, with the Elections Committee triple-verifying the ballot count after the usual bout of voter fraud accusations. The Kindlers occupy the Opposition, though they are a distant second to the victorious expansionists.

From the heart of the capitol, President James Westpoint addresses both his constituents and the wider sector in his inaugural speech. The eldest son and heir presumptive to the War Party, he has won on a similar platform to his now-late father while winning over a younger demographic. The young lion is a striking sight with his sharp jawline and perfect mane of hair, manicured fingers gripping the sides of the podium with vigor.

"People of the Grand Republic and of greater Principia," he begins, "I wish I could be speaking to you under better circumstances. By all accounts, this should be a day of joy and celebration among all of our member worlds. The Republic has made tremendous advancements in medicine, social and psionic sciences, research and technology, and education over these past decades. Our friends in the Technocrat and New Options Parties have paved the way for a prosperous and enlightened future for all of humanity. Above all, they have taught us worthwhile lessons in peace and understanding, and for that, we should be grateful!"

President Westpoint pauses to allow for a wave of applause, letting it die down before continuing, "But I am troubled, my friends, troubled at what I've seen beyond our borders. My old man used to say: 'war is hell'. And he was right. We've witnessed war before, up close. Twenty-one years ago, the starspawn soldiers of the tyrannical Antarean Crusade knocked down our doors and invaded sovereign Republican space. We lost good men and women, brave soldiers willing to lay down their lives in defense of the cause of liberty. I was there, aboard a Bluefin carrier, and earlier on the ground with our marines after the enemy landed in the jungles. Believe me when I tell you, the losses we took that day led to where we are now."

"You see,"
    he holds up his left index finger, "we were defeated, and in our defeat we got scared. Now, there's no shame in being afraid; it's the most natural human impulse there is. But fear can make a man act irrationally, make him ignore the real problem until it's too late to do anything to stop it. I don't intend for the Republic that our ancestors - that our people - built to be ruled by fear. We can stand up today and put a stop to injustice."

"The Antarean Crusade is a blight on Principia. It descends on worlds of innocents, giving them a 'choice' between submission to the order of an alien star or being burned alive by starfire. That, to me, seems like no choice at all. And with no prior warning, it descended on the collective worlds of the Judiciary Collective, a law-abiding legislative power for order throughout our fair sector - a repeat of our own history. Now, the reputable Sages on Iettis have conducted an investigation into the Umbra Question only to find that not only are the Antareans warmongers, they do not even wish to protect their own people from complete and utter annihilation! No matter what they say, the future that they are building is not a kind or orderly one, and I see no reason why we should not rise up to oppose it with every breath we have. I will not be the president who gives in to fear, or lets tyranny stand on our very doorstep.

War may be hell, but we will be the ones to forge justice from its fires! Thank you, and gods bless the Grand Republic!"

Public: The Grand Republic of Principia declares total war on the Antarean Crusade.

Spoiler: To Vanguard Unit Z-358
    Show
    Guardians of Innocent Creatures,

I've heard a lot about you, both from the newscasts and from my father's stories. In both accounts, you saw the good in people and believed in standing up for what is right. Help us now, before it's too late. You know what the Antareans are capable of; you saw it firsthand, as I once did. I don't know what they had over you to compel you to turn on the Judiciary, but whatever it is, we can help you get yourself out from under their leverage.

At the very least, ask yourself: do you really want a wolf like Antares as your neighbour? Who knows where they might strike next?

Show
    The GRP is asking for your support in sending Mil, Eco, or Mor to them this turn to help against Antares. Given your Rep bonus, they are asking for as little as 3 t. of any of those stats, but will take whatever you can give.

Spoiler: To the Sages of Iettis VI
    Show
    Eldest, this is President James Westpoint.

I'm truly honoured to be speaking to you. It's never easy, being the only sane mind in a room full of murderous people all intent on beating each other to death with big sticks; for that, you've got my admiration. I used to think that peace was a question of intent - that if you really wanted to keep it, all you needed to do was get talking to folks, get to the heart of what they want, and you can reach a compromise. But sometimes, people are too twisted for all that. They just want to win, or care more about hurting the other guy than helping their own side.

Nowadays, I see peace in a different manner. It's about safeguards, reasonable certainties put in place by reasonable people to keep the twisted folk from going off and doing something stupid. I like to think that I'm a reasonable man, and if you're open to a dialogue about the Antarean Crusade, you'd go a long way towards proving you're reasonable too. I think we all know that this can't continue.

If you agree, I've got signed orders to send key representatives from the Kindler Party to Iettis to meet you and discuss the agenda in person. They've wanted to make the journey to your abode for some time, and we can call any expenses a religious exemption when tax season rolls around.

Show
    Requesting a private meeting with the Sages this turn to allow for coordination of war (targets, casualty minimization, etc) against the Antarean Crusade.

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling God
    Show
    Greetings, Believers,

This is President James Westpoint. Figured I'd re-introduce myself, as we reached out four years ago and didn't hear anything in return. Your people have always believed in standing up for what is good and right, in protecting the innocent and just. Well, we have a major problem on our doorstep. If the Antareans devour us, aren't you concerned about what might happen?

Whatever superweapon they deployed against the Judiciary devastated them, enough so that the Crusaders took three whole systems practically overnight. I definitely don't love the idea of facing that down alone.

Your champions are, if word is to be believed, the strongest out there. Would you be willing to lend them to fight our enemy in exchange for a fair price?

Show
    They're offering to pay you for the use of your Mil VIPs this turn. 3x the Tier of each Mil VIP lent to the GRP (so 9 Eco for a Tier 3, and so on), with the guarantee that they will not be turned on anyone but the Antarean Crusade and they will be returned to you on Turn 7.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Colossus in the Playground

Coalition of the Peaceful to Unity [11]

Spoiler
    Show
    We wish to purchase [3 Mor]. Unsure how exactly this works, what would we have to trade for it?

OOC: Which stats, exactly, do you accept for this?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Believers of the Unwilling God
    Morale 10

Spoiler: The UEO
    Show

A blue miasma races past the frame of a standard Novinian vidfeed. Slowed down to a frame by frame basis, UEO propgandists and video editors are able to isolate a single instance from the footage, revealing a corpse-grey man with white-blonde hair. They wear a tight fitting Unity Party bodysuit that tracks adverts across it in bright blue neon font. The largest and most prominent of these is a name: "rUnner No. 1". Their varicose vasculature shines a similar cyan.

Further disection of the visual and audio from the vidfeed by Triad hackers reveals that the figure was speaking. Slowed down sufficiently, even the Grey Racer can be heard. "ThemenandwomenoftheGaskTriadhaveproventhemselvest obeadeptatforgingpeacePeacethatweHisBelievershavey ettomakeButwewillWithourwillOurheartsOurhandsTheea sternPrincipianisracingtowardsadoomsdayAsthisprese ntsweHisBelieverscannotignorethelivesthatcouldbelo stItisadifficultdecisionwhennodoubtcivilizationssu chastheMuridunareundersiegeButthisdoesnotmeanwewil lbeentirelyidleintheaidweaffordyou"
    Show

Really need to wait for midturn to resolve before I can promise anything definite, but would love to keep the channel of communication open. Also apologies for the formatting. Gottgofast.

Spoiler: The GRP
    Show

A thought-message is conveyed to President Westpoint. A figure in a ruddy-brown monk robe sits cross-legged at the end of a vast spar of grey, Novinian rock, shot through with veins of crimson mineral. Their face is obscured. A series of green lights shift in time with whatever passes for the figure's eyes changing changing shape. Or whatever mosaic of configurations passes for their visual sensorium. They only exposed parts of skin-humanoid to look at-outside the robe is their hands and feet. Again, humanoid. Strange, fossil like shadows flit underneath yellowed skin. A burgeoning mycolic field of mushroom has sporeulated from the grey-red earth around the figure. Alien choruses spin hyms of verisimilitude voices, peaking into jubilations as another white spotted greencap blossoms into existance. Thousand-Skins of Zultar.

At their back, the spar narrows into an even more narrow canyon, the rusted iron veins flood the valleys dun colored stone until all that rise up behind Thousand-Skins is red.

The Locus of Extinction stands and brushes some dirt from their robe. As they complete the gesture, the Zultari Archdruid extends a limb forward with their palm to the clear blue sky, as though offering it for guidance. Every word they speak has an undertone of agony. "Come." A wind conjured from somewhere in Westpoint's memory blows down the hood of their robe. The face underneath is one that is familiar to Westpoint-someone close to him who has died in the Zultari conflicts. "And see." Little pieces of them begin to bleb off towards Westpoint's point of view. He finds that they coalesce into whatever form he is comfortable in. Once his form is complete, the Archdruid begins to walk into the canyon whether the President has accepted their hand or not. Little trails of now extinct vegetations grow, die and decay in the robe clad figure's wake.
    Show

Cant promise anything definite right now but should have a better picture of what I can/cant trade for post MT.

Spoiler: The Antarean Crusade
    Show

A thought-message is conveyed to Crusade's appointed representative to the Believers. A figure in a ruddy-brown monk robe sits cross-legged at the end of a vast spar of grey, Novinian rock, shot through with veins of crimson rust. Their face is obscured. A series of green lights shift in time with whatever passes for the figure's eyes changing changing shape. Or configuration. They only exposed parts of skin-humanoid to look at-outside the robe is their hands and feet. Strange, fossil like shadows flit underneath yellowed skin. A burgeoning mycolic field of mushroom has sporeulated from the grey-red earth around the figure. Alien choruses spin hyms of verisimilitude voices, peaking into jubilations as another white spotted greencap blossoms into existance. Thousand-Skins of Zultar.

At their back, the spar narrows into an even more narrow canyon, the rusted iron veins flood the valleys dun colored stone until all that rise up behind Thousand-Skins is red.

The Locus of Extinction stands and brushes some dirt from their robe. As they complete the gesture, the Zultari Archdruid extends a limb forward with their palm to the clear blue sky, as though offering it for guidance. Every word they speak has an undertone of raw agony. "Come." A wind conjured from somewhere in Westpoint's memory blows down the hood of their robe. The face underneath is one that is familiar to the representative-someone close to them who has died in the Zultari conflicts. "And see." Little pieces of them begin to bleb off towards the representative's point of view. They find that the little blebs coalesce into whatever form the representative is comfortable in. Once their form is form is complete, the Archdruid begins to walk into the canyon whether the representative has accepted their hand or not. Little trails of now extinct vegetations grow, die and decay in the robe clad figure's wake.

Show

Hey, late follow up sorry. Cant promise anything definite right now in terms of aid/cooperation but should have a better picture of things post-MT.

Spoiler: The Antarean Crusade & the GRP
    Show

The pathways-both the one taken by the Crusade's representative and President Westpoint-spiral upwards through great stairs of crimson rock. Occasionally the same hym-songs that arose upon first meeting the Archdruid take to the...Well. Its not exactly atmosphere. But isnt not not exactly atmosphere. Like whatever your passing through is just a little bit more dense than standard fair. Could be something to do with the embers of crimson light that begin to settle into the not-atmosphere. Sedate, like tiny little stars. Eventually, the journey upward ends, the white of traling Novinus clouds no more close for the path taken skyward. Westpoint and the Crusade's representative reach the top of the canyon-looking more like a mountain now that they're atop it's summit.

The two Thousand-Skins walk from the individuals they've guided and meet exactly halfway, the odd hyms espoused by the voices around them finding new harmonies as the two halves of the Archdruid become whole again. They momentarily congeal into a tangle of flesh, shadows and dirty robes before assuming the same basic humanoid figure as before. Two pairs of eyes look to the President and the Crusade's representative. Each set blinks sideways as the Locus dons the hood of their cowl and rapidly decomposes into particulates of green dust. Ash, even.

An old man sits on one of three stones-the only other things on the new elevation now that Thousand-Skins has demanifested. Their posture is hunched, with both lower limbs rooted on the red rock, hands are clasped together, elbows each braced against a knee. Their stone grey suit suit is cut the same way as President westpoint's, while the tie the old man wears is an offshade of red from the crimson at his feet. On close observation, the professionally-knotted garment is distinctly similar to Antares' shade of red. The only ornamentation or accessory the old man wears is a coin-sized, perfectly circular ruby with a thin black flaw in the center pined over where a standard humanoid circulatory organ would exist. This gem is the same color as the one manifesting the old man as a thought-avatar. There is a faint smile on his face, marred only by a jagged scar that tracks left to right across the old figure's visage. The smile is a kindly one that speaks of welcome. The man turns slowly looking at one vacant rock, then the other. The smile does not waiver as the man unclasps his hands and gesture to each stone in turn.
    Show

Place to air grievances-Mon'hoon won't suggest anything, not my place to. Just down to listen to what each person has to say on the conflict and act as a 3rd party for hosting negotiations fluff-wise if y'alls needed space for it.

Last edited by n0ble; 2022-05-18 at 07:22 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Unity Party
    Show

I shall look forward to any updates on what the secret prize might be.

Sales aside, do you have any offers for other resources? My patrons may wish to purchase a certain amount of [mor], but nothing close to what will be required to in the running for such a prize. [Sci] or [Mil] or potentially even [Psi] however...

Spoiler: Murudin, Public
    Show

If you are truly curious, it is less a matter of ‘finishing the job’, and more of rectifying mistakes.

It has been a matter of some controversy amongst the Gods, but at length the arguments of the Learned Sages and Vanguard Princes have swayed many. The imposition of Apotheosis on many of the civilizations brought under the domain of Heaven in the last decades has been judged...premature. Their souls were incarnated already bearing scars, some of their inheritance lost to the brutality of war.

The refugees will be repatriated to their homes, cleansed of the cultural contamination they have surely suffered in such cramped conditions and under alien rule. They shall live in harmony with their Gods, with no enhancements they do not request. Over a matter of generations, the scars shall heal, and the newborn Gods grow into the fullness of their nature.

To leave aside bluster, allow me to state the demands of Heaven simply and clearly – as of now, the Gods shall accept peace for Samarra and its inhabitants, who shall suffer no mistreatment, and reparations of [10 psi, eco, or sci] for the attacks upon their dignity. If the Armada of Heaven is forced to claim the system by force, then the terms shall grow worse.

-Asharra, Priestess of ENLIL, Favoured Voice of Heaven

Spoiler: UEO, Public
    Show

Allow me to assure you, the devastation was largely a matter of collateral damage. Your Doctor’s witchery took rather extreme measures to pacify in full.

Aside from those taken by the Sages for humanitarian reasons – orphans, the disabled, and those whose sincerity in swearing to never take up arms against the Gods could be verified – the 1.9 billion surviving sophonts who had resided on Barakan Prime have been relocated to orbital habitats in the recently established Protectorate of Nustea [Territory 55]. Aside from those who voluntarily requested enhancements, they remain as flawed and imperfect as ever, and largely govern themselves. While not part of the peace treaty, should you wish to negotiate for their repatriation [2 perm. Morale], my patrons would be happy to accept reasonable compensation in materials or services.

On another topic, the Kramagorian flagship Injunction has recently arrived on the borders of Heaven, rather worse for wear and requesting asylum. Many of the crew have lost all contact with close relations serving in other branches of the Judiciary’s state apparatus, and reports of what exactly happened to them are quite unclear. Given your treaty obligations to not seek any reprisals and allow them free movement to friendly space, I, at least, am quite curious.

-Asharra, Priestess of ENLIL, Favoured Voice of Heaven

Last edited by St. Justicar; 2022-05-18 at 07:12 PM.
    Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show

Won Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic
    Technically Won Principia 2 as the Iron Gods of Ur
    Won Mandate of Heaven as the Gardeners of the Immortal Flesh

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

morale: 11

Show
    Adelade can't help a wry smile at the mention of Lithos "renowned" publication "Is not hard to see why a member of the Secretariat would be puzzled at states where people can be influential without a horde of sable rattlers behind them." She takes a sip in between comments "Still flattered of course...

Frankly, I was more surprised ENLIL bothered with the publication, must get quite boring without people who weren't born to grovel"

There was a second of hesitation on her part after that comment, but anything that was to be said stopped after both diplomats received the news "Speaking of, looks like Lithos can learn... Any thoughts on the other development?"

Spoiler: Sages of Iettis VI
    Show
    If you would have us, there is... much to talk about.

-House Liase.

Spoiler: UEO
    Show
    Environmental champions,

It would have been better to have such a link back when the judiciary blocked our path, but is a good thing that the problem solved itself.

The trend has been worrying, regardless of our role in it. We are on the market for immediate offensive capabilities, usually we would rely on Novinus, but I can only assume they have their own plans.

Glad to see you fully on your feet,
    -Theophania, Commander of Auxiliary Thaumathurgy.

Spoiler: GRP
    Show
    president Wespoint,

The matter of the Judiciary was based on dealings I'm afraid I can't disclose, but rest assured that the galaxy is better off without them, regardless of who took their geographical place.

As for the matter of your state, we would not have it lost, keep your lanes open to our ships and we'll see what states believe in the GRP like they believed in it back then.

Respectfully,
    -Olivia Baros, Strategos of the Southern fringe.

Spoiler: Antarean Crusade
    Show
    Great Antares,

We would once again ask for the possibility of acquiring (44), though we understand if The Believers would hold precedence.

-Respectfully,
    -Udarix, Strategos of the northern fringe and Master of the lens.

Spoiler: The Believers of the Unwilling God
    Show
    Instead of a holovid, the message this time arrives as an audio relay, the voice is not from any of the previous delegates to the Unwilling God and there are no imperfections to speak of in it.

"Greettings, there was previously a jointship to decide the matters of GRP and AC, what do you take from their current situation?"

Spoiler: Numinous secretariat of Lithos
    Show
    Esteemed scholars,

I appreciate your understanding, with open lanes, we will make sure you have the ability to withstand all that would assail you, thank you.

-Liutenant Ordit, Tutor of applied thaumathurgy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Troll in the Playground

Sages of Iettis VI

Spoiler: Muridun and Iron Gods (Morale: 12)
    Show
    We have tried to negotiate peace through simple diplomacy, but it has failed. It appears that your respective ideologies are simply incompatible. However there was one moment when you both were able to work together. And that was in the purely economic endeavor of the Bheura Trust.

So we will take a different tact and attempt a tripartite bargain.

The Iron Gods want restitution for the Codex of Demiurge Warfare, and assurances of neutrality.

The Coalition of the Peaceful wants the Playground back, reparations, and a ceasefire.

We, the Sages, want a ceasefire and access to the Matrioska Cortex.

So to the Coalition we ask this. Do you have all the pieces of the Cortex. Are you willing to provide us access for one or more decades?

To the Iron Gods of Ur, what is your price for a peace treaty. What is you price for the system of Playground. Both to us and to the Muridun. What would you pay to not be the target of the Matrioska Cortex?

And circling back to the matter of the Bheura Trust we note two things. First it will only function if at least three factions are members. This was set up as a measure to prevent back dealings, and is rather applicable now. And second the Iron Gods still owe [10] to the Trust.

Spoiler: The Grand Republic of Principia (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings President James Westpoint,

We still hold out hope for peace, but alas it seems ever more unlikely. We do not promise that we will commit to your war with the Crusade, but please send your representative to Haven. There they can present your case to the Sector Assembly, such as it is, and we will see what we can do for you.

Though we will at least try and contact the Antarean Crusade to resolve this peacefully before committing to any military aid.

To a Cooperative Future,
    The Eldest
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2022-05-18 at 09:29 PM.

10. - Top - End - #430

The Coalition of the Peaceful [11]

The Urrites, Sages of Iettis VI
    Spoiler
    Show

For starters, we would prefer if you did not discuss technical details about the Matryoshka Cortex with a nation who are still, at this moment, at war with us. But yes, it is assembled, and yes, we can discuss access.

As for reparations, they of course increase on our side, the longer the Urrites hold the Playground and recklessly plunder its secrets.* IF we add up all the damages caused by our lack of access to the Containment Facility, the fact that our scientists now stand idle as we have no more installations to explore, and the fact that we are at the absolute limit of living space and quickly running out of resources for the Fountains Refugees* (which were caused by the Demiurges), we would say that our humble little historical publication about the horrors of Urrite Warfare has barely made a dent in the balance of reparations to be paid. After all, no Urrite assets were directly attacked.

As for "repatriation" of the refugees in Samarra, have you asked them if a single one of them wishes to be repatriated? They hae fled the horrors of the Urrite invasion and have now spent 20 years to make a new life for themselves. Why would they want to be under your bootheel again?

-Sincerely,
    Mariana bint-Naiwal, Ministry for Peace

OOC:
    *They are amazing victory points for taking it for us. Each victory point is worth at least five stat points in reparations alone.
    **Stat limit. Also an expensive factor.

Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-19 at 05:12 AM.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Troll in the Playground

Sages of Iettis VI

Spoiler: Coalition of the Peaceful (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings Mariana bint-Naiwal, Ministry for Peace,

First we would note that you made your exploration reports public in the previous decade's negotiations. We are quite sure the Iron Gods took advantage of that, and therefore know about the cortex. Although we will refrain from giving out any additional details. Second we will be clear we don't think we can get reparations for your losses. Our projections of the Iron Gods military assets are that they could handily crush us and you combined. Unless you are hiding a superweapon or alliance they have no reason to accede to your demands.

We think we can get you peace, and we will try to recover the Playground for you, but if you insist on getting paid your full reparations due, then we won't be able to help you. It's not that we don't agree that you are due reparations. It's that we have nothing to bargain with, and the Iron Gods do not have the ethics that would compel them to pay. Since the United Ecological Order have withdrawn from the war we suggest you prevail upon the Believers of the Unwilling God. Perhaps even invite them to the negotiations.

Returning to the Cortex we want you to use it on a target of our choice in the next five years. If we end up having to pay more than [20] to the Iron Gods we ask that you also allow us to use it in the next decade. As such we would prefer that these negotiations move speedily either to their positive or negative conclusion.

To a Cooperative Future,
    The Eldest

Spoiler: The Iron Gods (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings Asharra, Priestess of ENLIL, Favoured Voice of Heaven,

We can pay the reparations you ask for instead of the Coalition of the Peaceful. The sticking point is the Playground. We doubt the Coalition will accept anything less than its return. We project that you are favored to win the war and have little reason to relent. But we are willing to pay a reasonable sum for its return.

We ask that you seriously consider our offer. But also know that we have substantial interest in resolving this affair within five years (midturn). So please do not delay your negotiations whether you choose to accept or reject them. Indeed in the interests of speed we are willing to send a delegation from House Adriel to hash out the specifics more quickly.

To a Cooperative Future,
    The Eldest
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2022-05-19 at 10:55 AM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Sages of Iettis
    Show

The reparations are largely a matter of honor, and far more negotiable than the Playground. Other systems might possibly be sold in exchange for peace, but it is a pearl beyond price.

If these negotiations must be carried out at such speed, then I must step back from them. The God GILGAMESH has led exploration efforts in the system for several years, and holds a great deal of influence. Should you allow one of his temple-ship to travel to Iettis, he can take over negotiations directly.

Show

13. - Top - End - #433

Astronomical Bulletin of the Principia Sector
    ...must conclude that observations are correct and that the star Mu-12984JV "Beta Apis" has either undergone an unprecedentedly quick change in luminosity, to below the commonly accepted treshold of a brown dwarf [86], has vanished entirely [87,88, 53] or has been enclosed into some kind of solar system scale megastructure [89,90].
    Additional data could be gained from neutrino flux measurements, which would still penetrate most known materials that could be used for such a superstructure [12, 91,92,93]. However, the closest conventional neutrino observatory to Muridun space is seventeen light years away. Additionally, Urrite weapons discharges during expected hostilities would overload any observatory trained on the star, so that all nearby observatories have been shuttered or turned in other directions [94,95]. As such, no conclusive evidence is available either way... "

DarkScience.Principia.QuantaServe
    @AntaresDidNothingWrong: I'm telling you. It's a superweapon. They have acquired the "Sundrinker" and now they are test-firing it. Those crazy fanatics are just going to be blowing up stars left and right.

@Real_Memra: Not this again. Sundrinker is a myth.

@CetErotica: Sexxxy Space Whales within 14 AU of your station! This Pod is looking to breach in your harbour!
    ---MailingDjinn: CetErotica banned. Reason: Spam---

@LithosFear: We Witness Evil. They are dimming the Stars through Devious Use of Technology.

@UrGestein: They don't have a weapon like that. And if they did, they wouldn't dare using it, the Gods would stomp them into so much space dust.

@Real_Memra: most likely it's just a stellar dust cloud. They come from a system full of it, they are just dragging it everywhere.

@RainbowBlaze420: but just imagine if they could do it just blow up stars it would be pretty awesome

@AntaresDidNothingWrong: We'd have been seeing the energy output for months. Xrays everywhere. They did not blow up a star.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-20 at 08:01 AM.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Barbarian in the Playground

The United Ecological Order

MOR 17 - REP: Liked

A Travel Guide for the Member Planets of the United Ecological Order.

Thank you for investing in internal tourism within the United Ecological Order. We understand that many people want to see planets all around Principe, but choosing eco-friendly travel methods and supporting local member planets keeps the UEO initiatives well funded, so that we can all live on beautiful worlds, and leave beautiful worlds for the next generations.

The following are all of the member planets you can visit within the Order, some sights to see and a little about the dominant species on each planet.

Spoiler: Centinari
    Show

Centinari is considered the capital of the United Ecological Order within Principia. A popular travel destination for those interested in the political climate of the order, the most popular tourist attractions are almost all rails way from Laudrikenl, the largest city of Centinari.

Centinari as a planet is considered a fair-weather planet, with temperatures relatively stable across the planet within galactic standard life ranges. Summers on Centinari do tend to get quite hot, with the equator of the planet reaching above liveable temperatures for most sapients. For this reason, it is recommended you check the Centinari season before travelling to locations such as Holnenik or Oldifenl.

Centinarian natives are a flightless avian species with a circadian rhythm that has them waking up in the evening compared to many similar species, though they seem to have little trouble adapting to planets that prefer to spend more time in the sun. The species as a whole has strong dark vision, so if you're adventuring outside of tourist centres, ensure that you bring soft light guidance systems to help you get around while not bothering their sensitive eyes.

Councillor Res-Ki, United Ecological Order representative to Haven during the Wildflower Wars

Spoiler: Barakan Prime
    Show

WARNING: BARAKAN PRIME IS UNDER ACTIVE TERRAFORMING TO RECOVER FROM URRITE INVASION. PLEASE FOLLOW SECURITY WARNINGS DURING YOUR VISIT.

Back in control of the Order, Barakan Prime is a cold world that has never developed Sapient life. Instead, it's initial populations were humans that were brought into the system over a thousand years ago to mine the Palladium moon, Barakan II. This moon is now known as the Barakan Ring.

Due to the Barakan Ring, Barakan Prime no longer has a proper night time, with the darkest the planet gets being akin to twilight on most worlds. The reflective pieces of the old moon have also made it so that large parts of Barakan will be in shade even during the day. Using tidal tracers you can be around for one of these stunning multi-part eclipses during your visit.

If you are planning to travel to Barakan Prime, please keep in mind that most amenities are under repair, though much progress has been made in the past four years, the infrastructure destruction is was near universal and requires understanding from extra planetary visitors.

Due to the state of the planet and the history shared there, Barakan Prime is not recommended as a vacation for families with young children.

Spoiler: Midonia
    Show

A tropical world consisting mostly of long island chains and coral reefs, Madonia is the United Ecological Order's number one beach vacation spot. Tourists will especially enjoy Midon, the collective floating city built shortly before the planet joined the order. Midon was originally a fortress built by a hostile ruling class, but it has been retrofitted and recycled into one of the most eco-friendly cities within the order. It's unique classical Midonian style in modern materials has made it a hotspot for both tourists and immigrants to Midonia.

Slightly off-world, war buffs among us will be able to appreciate the Midonian alpha veil gate, a protected site that contains the controlled wreckage of Judiciary Vessels for museum purposes. They have been restored and locked in stasis to show a small reaction of the Midonian front of the Day of Tears.

Midonians are extremely similar to humans biologically, with the core exception of the their pigmentation and their amphibious features. Midonian skin is light reflective, making them quite bright on land but almost impossible to spot in the water. Most Midonians still have slight webbing between their fingers, and all Madonians have webbed feet.

Midonian as a language is very strong on the planet and outside of core cities like Midon, it's unlikely that signage or locals will communicate in your local language. Due to this, it's highly suggested that you install United Ecological Order active translation applications on your personal assistants before heading to the system.

Midonia has been the favorite destination of Dakrea since they joined the United Ecological Order.

United Ecological Order Vice Communications President: Majah Veninlin

Spoiler: Gradian
    Show

Considered a 'hostile planet' Gradian has a surface temperature above the galactic survivability standard outside of its volcanic season. During the volcanic season the sun is clouded by ash which lowers the temperature to a balmy 36 degrees celcius on average, but the air quality is unfortunately outside of galactic survivability standards during that season.

Gradian is well known for its unique wildlife that has adapted to such a harsh environment, as well as for the locals intense investment in extreme sports that are banned on most planets but allowed culturally within Gradian. Due to the nature of the activities and the extreme environment, Gradian is primarily an adventure local.

For those looking for something slightly slower, there are both protected and non-protected cities within the poles of Gradian that are liveable for most United Ecological Order species. These popular tourist destinations on the planet are booked far in advance for sporting events, so ensure that you plan your trips accordingly!

Gradiates are hexalimbed creatures that stand well over nine feet tall! Due to this there are some parts of local cities that aren't properly scaled for universal travel yet and it will be difficult for some smaller species to get around. Additionally, ensure that you aren't reliant on facial scans for all of your accounts, as most Gradian monitors aren't set up for the feature as Gradiates have near identical facial features but incredibly unique fingers.

Gradian Volca-Skater World Champion: Wrarikd Karakio of Aikida

Spoiler: Dakread
    Show

Dakread is an oceanic world with little landmass and the aquatic people of Dakrea. Though they can only breathe air for a short time, they have build surface habitations during their pursuit of space travel during shortly before their integration into the United Ecological Order. These launch platforms been expanded into tourist destinations.

Most of the proper culture of the Dakrea takes place at deep-sea pressure levels that are impossible without an extreme depth pressurized diving suit, due to the expensive nature of these suits they are not available for rent on the planet, though Dakrea is the best place to receive your certifications once you have access to one of the suits. The locals are incredibly adapt in teaching anyone the ins and outs of deep-sea diving.

For those with the skills to venture down, Dakreadian life is primarily bio-luminescent as a lighting source, using local algae to provide constant ambiance in the darker parts of the deep water.

Dakrea have 3 core biological sexes within their reproductive cycle, something to note when involving yourself in any gender divided activities. Most core UEO species will be identified as Xenderai no matter what their biological sex within their species is.

Finally, Dakrea speak with a mixture of bio-luminescence and sign language. Though most universal translators can pick up the meaning and many Dakrea in tourist areas wear vocalizers, you might need to ask Dakrea you're speaking with to stop moving as they speak as it can disrupt auto-translation.

The North Eastern sea of Dakrea is considered a protected area.

The far South of the Southern sea uses the dialect Gharid which currently has incomplete auto-translation. Auto-translation efforts are not being expanded at request of the local culture.

Spoiler: Xenojuva
    Show

Xenojuva is a tidally locked world, meaning that the entire sun-facing hemisphere is almost completely uninhabitable due to the planet's uncharacteristic orbit outside of the Universal Standard Survivable Orbits. The vertical equator of the planet is where most life on the planet exists in a state of near perpetual twilight save for occasional daylight provided by their highly reflective moon.

The moonside of Xenojuva has a similar climate to Barakan prime for areas closer to the equator. As the United Ecological Order has brought their insulation technologies to the world, the planet has been expanding some settlements away from the sun into colder climates. All of these settlements have been minimized for environmental impact.

Due to the recency of the revolution that lead to Xenojuva joining the order, the previously capital city of Frialgi is not suggested as a tourist destination and there is still political instability from loyalist members of the previous government attempting to overthrow the popular will of the people.

Xenojuva has recently gained immense popularity has a destination for younger members of the order as it has a vibrant and nearly constant night-life within tourist centres in the twilight ring. Particularly the coastal city of Veidjuoval has gained notoriety, assisted by the song 'Vied Nights with You' by Ghasd. '

If you're heading to Xenojuva for the night life note that Dlariv is a plant extract often used in Xenojuvan local drinks. This substance is highly hallucinogenic for non-resistant species, meaning that any non Xenojuvan species in United Ecological Order space should avoid the drink. In tourist destinations severs generally understand to make drinks and food without Dlariv, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

NOTE - DLARIV ADDITIONAL WARNING: Dlariv 'trips' have been described to be closer to nightmares than traditional hallucinogenics. Intentionally consuming Dlariv has been shown to have long last psychological effects similar to PTSD. DO NOT CONSUME.

NOTE - DLARIV ADDITIONAL WARNING: The trading of Dlariv off Xenojuva is strictly prohibited. Carrying Dlariv as a non-Xenojuvan is punishable by incarceration. Feeding persons Dlariv without their consent is punishable by a minimum of 5 years incarceration.

Xenojuvan Councillor Tradal Openval

Spoiler: Kalinba
    Show

The furthest reach of United Ecological Order space. Kalinba is a nearly universal forested world, with the majority of the planet covered in dense, protected rainforest. Several research stations in the Northern hemisphere are the outposts of the United Ecological Order and the only approved tourist destinations.

Despite initial thoughts that Kalinba was void of sapient life, it turns out that the planet is home to Kalinbari, a psionic species of primarily thought based beings that possessed plant bodies to speak and interaction with the United Ecological Order. They were welcoming to refugees and will likely approach any tourism with curiosity! Though they have been technically integrated into the United Ecological Order and have access to all of the amenities that allows, they have been slow to adopt United Ecological Order technologies, instead regarding them as curiosities.

CRITICAL NOTE: If a small flower lands on you during travel on Kalinba, please attempt communication before removing it. This is likely a young Kalinbari and should not be shooed or tossed. Typically an adult Kalinbari inhabiting a larger form will arrive to collect the child before long.

When on Kalinba, it's highly suggested that you wear skin protection on the majority of exposed places. The Kalinbari, even those who live on the research stations as extremely touch based as a species, but the plans they inhabit might cause crashing on most United Ecological Order species.

Kalinbari are able to speak all languages to the user psionically, and as such universal translation apps aren't suggested on the planet as they will result in double speech from the beings.

Traditional Kalinbari custom is for the Kalinbari to present a gift to newcomers to their village. Refusing the gift or attempting to offer something in return is seen as extremely rude and should not be attempted.

WalkFlin Kalinbari Representative to the United Ecological Council

Spoiler: Haitli
    Show

Considered an autumn world, Haitli has a constant surface temperature just before Galactic Standard, but it's temperature is extremely stable, resulting in almost a complete lack of seasons. The planet has a faster than normal orbit and has a day-night cycle that completes every 6.34 GSH.

Hiatli's population is spread between two sapient species that evolved nearly simultaneously on the planet, with the approximated gap between the two being considered one quarter of a galactic standard age. Considering the Haitlan species that named the planet was in the early communications era upon UEO initial contact, both species were able to quickly adopt technologies made by the order into their lives.

As a general statement, there is a notable income inequality between Haitlan and Tyvanari in traditional structures on Hiatli. Though there is some cultural reinforcement this seems to have been the result of recently abolished laws that prevented Tyvanari from entering most core Hiatlan cities.

The biggest tourist destination on Hiatli is Gyvann, the capital city of the previous Tyvanari empire. It's mostly known for its massive castles and the bronze age integration of geo-thermal vents to provide rudimentary power. Though the structures have been retrofitted to provide modern power, they are still historic sites into a species unique creativity in harnessing green energy.

Tourists interacting with either Haitlan or Tyvanari need to be aware that older members of each species will likely have uncouth opinions of the other, our of respect for established culture it's suggested you smile and nod if you contact these options, as they are no longer shared by the general populace either way.

United Ecological Order Messages

MOR 17 - REP: Liked

Spoiler: To the Grand Republic of Principia: MOR 17
    Show

We're sorry it's come to this. Given our position of debt with Anterean we cannot offer any assistance to your peoples that would directly go against him. Such an act would be calling war to our door shortly after they assisted us with ending the assault of the Judiciary on our lands.

That said, you seem to need friends in this conflict and knowing where the chips are falling may be more critical than a small squadron of Sunwings would be. We can offer access to all messages in the Galaxy, save for those sent by ourselves (For security reasons) and the Iron Gods for a small price.

Let us know if you are interested.

Spoiler: To the Anterean Crusade: MOR 17
    Show

We're sorry to see it's come to this.

You may read all messages save for the Iron Gods and our own this decade. We are unsure if we have cracked your algorhythms considering there haven't been publicly accessible messages yet.

Spoiler: To the Secretariat of Lithos: MOR 17
    Show

I can respect your drive for independence. In the end, we chose the lives of our own before the moral right of battling the Iron Gods to the end, for the next fifteen years the choice is going to haunt us.

God speed.

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of UR: MOR Public
    Show

The majority of the Judiciary's assets are currently under United Ecological Order control. After the dispersal of the government that attacked us we have pardoned and offered UEO status to anyone who wished it, those that did not have either left Principia or turned back to fight Anteres and the Vanguard. Our reports of casualties from those conflicts are incomplete at this time.

Those leaving the Galaxy were aboard Migration Ships under United Ecological Order control due to a deep operation that we began in response to the attack against our systems. They are being brought to the Svenskerean system on the border of Leminac space, and will be allowed to live on that planet or continue into the Empire with no UEO criminal records.

Those missing from the Injuction's direct staff are likely members of the United Ecological Order, as we had a glut of agents within their ranks to prepare for the worst, but they were recalled due to our peace agreement and were reassigned to ensuring the smooth departure of the Migration ships.

Should have anymore questions about the fate of the Judiciary, we are happy to oblige, our methods were supremely humane and frankly we're quite proud of how thoroughly we dismantled the Judiciary's systems without relying on weapons power.

Wildflower

Spoiler: To the Vanguard MOR 17
    Show

We would be happy to construct military assets for you in a small exchange, but we would need to know that our ships wouldn't be defending the GRP against Anterean in their war. We understand they are likely trying to buy from everyone but we cannot have UEO ships against the Star Crusade, we owe them a debt as it is.

Let us know what you're thinking for pricing.

Spoiler: To the Sages of Iettis IV & Unity Party: MOR 17
    Show

The negotiations with the Iron Gods, as far as we can tell, seem to be going slowly. Perhaps they will be more willing in a decade's time as they were in our war.

We understand that there are some discussions going on about the sector assembly at the moment behind closed doors. We also understand that they are likely behind closed doors to avoid our constant chatter and input.

Considering we expressed interest in joining during the previous decade and you didn't seem opposed to the fact, we've cleared Alika's schedule to join this summit and negotiate the United Ecological Order joining the assembly as eyes and ears, if you'd have us.

Let us know,

Last edited by Writtensanity; 2022-05-20 at 05:42 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Coalition of the Peaceful (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings Mariana bint-Naiwal, Ministry for Peace,

Unfortunately the Iron Gods are adamant about not returning Playground. They value the symbolic importance more highly than anything we have offered so far. We will keep working at it, but they have also told us plainly that they intend to finish exploring it in the next five years.

Here is what we can do though. We can get peace for your coalition, the system [68], and in recognition of your loss of Playground are willing to offer full access to one of our own installations for your exploration (including the VP). Though we would like the option to purchase whatever archeotech you find there. We also note that the [68] is unexplored.

In return all that we ask is access to the Matrioska Cortex for at least one decade. Though we also offer you membership in the Sector Assembly, which would certainly protect you from a situation such as this arising in the future.

To a Peaceful Future,
    The Eldest

16. - Top - End - #436

The Coalition of the Peaceful, to the Sages [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Two installations are of course very tempting and we urgently need space to expand, so the offer is a great one. But you must be aware of how valuable the Playground is. Not all star systems are created equal. The Gods are amassing incredible wealth and glory from this, that should rightfully belong to us, and are trying to bribe us with trinkets.
    Once again, this is a war they have started, with no declaration and no reason.

We are certainly willing to trade you the use of the cortex for access to your installations, and it's a deal we will gladly take in the future. For now, however, unless the Gods are willing to seriously negotiate their reparations, it is spoken for this decade.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-20 at 03:17 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: To the Coalition of the Peaceful (Morale: 12)
    Show

We would like to clear up a certain misunderstanding that seems to have developed. The Iron Gods are not trying to bribe you with trinkets. Because they are not offering anything at all in reparations. We, the Sages, are purchasing all of the items that we previously stated with our own assets.

This isn't the best deal that the Iron Gods are offering out of the goodness of their hearts. It is the best deal we have been able to bargain. If you want more then you will need to put something else on the bargaining table yourselves.

We recognize that this may strike you as appeasement, but it is a measure of how much we do in fact value your continued existence. And to be fair also our pressing need for access to the Matrioska Cortex.

If you are intending to use the cortex on the Iron Gods, then we have one more offer. We were somewhat worried that they would attack us for helping you in the previous decade. So we put some effort into scouting their capabilities. We are willing to share this information with you if you can arrange for a private meeting.

To a Peaceful Future,
    The Eldest

(OOC: Unfortunately all my own VIPs are spoken for currently. So it would have to be after the midturn when I get a new one.)
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2022-05-20 at 03:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

The realm of the Gods was vast, more expansive than any of the rival principalities which had divided the sector between them. It was densely populated, with hundreds of billions of organics who might otherwise be called citizens blessed with the privilege of living at the pleasure of the Divine. It was wondrous and terrible, home to sculptures carved out of moons and eugenic programs to create whole new subspecies of humanity for the purposes of a single months-long dance routine, and a menagerie of all the sector’s most fearsome and deadly animals which sat in the heart of a warship, and a dozen other impossible fancies pursued with the genius and obsession of mercurial and egotistical god-machines. It was not, despite every stereotype one might have about synthetic intelligence, particularly economical or well-managed.

Tauk was an exception.

In the decades since INANNA had seized the ancient orbital foundries, they had expanded at a breakneck pace. ‘Orbital’ was hardly accurate anymore – the moons and planets of the inner system had been thoroughly cannibalized for every material which might possibly be worth hauling to orbit, most reduced to shrunken husks hidden beneath the halo of industry floating above them.

In their place the Great God ENKI had been relocated from Ur – a logistical miracle and a monumental expense. The factory-moon now had pride of place in the constellation of shipyards, a half-dozen space elevators rising from his smog-shrouded surface and terminating in stations which saw constant and endless traffic.

There were six permanent Veil Gates terminating in Tauk. And, with the gradual thawing in international trade allowing for regular imports through Iettian space, not a one of them ever closed. The foundries never stopped, and only constant shipments of raw materials from a dozen stars kept them fed.

If it wasn’t the grandest, most productive military-industrial complex in history. It surely came close.

Tauk didn’t get many tourists. It especially didn’t get many foreign battleships (not if they hoped to continue being battleships for more than a minute or two, as opposed to an expanding balls of plasma, anyway). But the Injunction was an exception to a lot of things.

It was, for example, the only ship that still bothered to transmit Kramagorian IFF codes, months after the Collective had been undone by treachery and incompetence, the infamous Judiciary themselves now facing the brunt of summary executions or byzantine tribunals.

The Iron Gods were not anyone’s ideal sanctuary, but they had been allies in the late and ill-fated Wildflower Wars, and their cybernetic acolytes and melodramatic slave-systems had promised repair and refuge. Jabato certainly needed both.

The Gaskites hadn’t bothered trying to seize the flagship like they had the rest of the exodus fleet – terrorists never took a fair fight when there were softer targets available – but that didn’t mean the Injunction escaped Kramagor unscathed. ‘Lost’ and ‘misfiled’ supplies and replacement parts, missile and shells somehow missing their payloads, a thousand tiny betrayals and sabotages, all leading up to the big one.

The Injunction had escaped with a skeleton crew. Over a third of the teeming thousands he had fought and bled and mourned with had just...left, as the final preparations were underway. Cowards or traitors, he wasn’t sure which was worse.

Captain Jabato was an old, old man. The nation he had pledged his life to had crumpled like wet paper before the starspawn, collapsing into criminality and treason the moment defeat seemed likely. The closest thing he had ever had to a daughter – to a family at all – was dead, murdered by some floral monstrosity in a battle he had led her into. Even his crew had been riven through with enemy agents, and he had never even suspected.

He was, he thought as his ship was guided into a drydock that had clearly been hastily expanded for it to fit, not a man with much to live for, beyond a dull, stubborn spite.

So he wasn’t much surprised at the news that a shuttle would be docking to carry him to the factory-moon, for a personal audience with the system’s God.

It just about made sense that he get personally chauffeured to hell.

Compared to the Injunction – a warship larger and more heavily populated than any orbital habitat, and some small moons – the station was minuscule. That didn’t mean it was small.

The place was a vast warehouses and transshipment point, freighters arriving like clockwork to be unloaded of their precious heavy metals and rare earths by an endless fleet of drones for sorting and ferrying to the space elevator at the station’s heart.

It was simultaneous cramped and cavernous, totally utilitarian and without a single thought spared for aesthetics. And, since no one had ever bothered to install life support, Jabato was able to match the beautiful sights with the comfort of wearing a spacesuit and sitting in the cart of a drone in no way designed for human passengers. By the time he reached his destination, he was seriously considering the possibility that this was some form of torture.

He caught himself as the drone came to a sudden stop, giving the thing a half-hearted kick as he stood up and endured his back’s protests for doing so. His final destination was obvious, given that the door only began opening as he got up. Murderous god-machine or no, he was about read to tear the thing a new one as he walked through.

Then the door slammed shut, and he saw the face of a god. One of them, anyway.

ENKI’s avatar made no pretensions to a humanoid form – five meters tall, dominating the cylindrical chamber which housed it, dozens upon dozens of heavy cabled running from the walls, floor and ceiling to connect to it. His head – if that was the right word – was the only thing left visible beneath all of them, as large as any man’s torso, vaguely triangular and unpolished grey, festooned with all manner of cameras and sensors.

He turned to look upon his new guest as soon as Jabato entered his sanctum, three different cameras and antennae extending outward as he did.

For a few seconds a harsh binary whine filled the room, and Jabato had the overwhelming sense of an imminent disection.

He damned near jumped out of his skin when the thing started talking instead.

“Greetings, mortal! You are privileged to stand before the Great God ENKI, Forgemaster of the Heavens. You are actually the first mortal to be given this honour since his Apotheosis!

You may now register your gratitude.”

The voice was obviously synthetic – obvious enough that it clearly hadn’t been a very high priority. It was also downright chipper.

He was a bit confused, now. But also reassured that he probably wasn’t about to be murdered. He doffed his cap and saluted the...body in the centre of the room, and replied “The Injunction and I owe you a debt for the help you’ve offered. Not sure how much good we’re going todo you, in the state we’re in, but give me fuel and ammo and point me at anything you want dealt with. ‘specially if happens to be fireflies or tree-huggers or any of the rest who sent us running.”

He paused for a moment, looked up, and then to the speakers the voice had emerged from. “You were speaking about Enki in the third person, there. Who am I talking to?”

“This unworthy one is a subsidiary program the Great God ENKI uses to directly interface with mortals as he requires. It was originally acquired to lay down expectations of the omnid shipwrights, who now deal with more specialized technical expert systems for most issues. It is my pleasure to aid you in paying homage today.”

He finally realized where he recognized the voice from, and very nearly fell right off his feet.

It sent a message about what the AI with the resources of an entire system behind it thought important, he supposed, that when he needed to talk to an organic he had just bought a copy of the software Equilibrium Investments used for tier 1 customer service calls. And didn’t even change the default voice.

Also explained why whenever it started talking he wanted to punched something.

He cleared his throat and coughed to buy enough time to regain some self control and asked “Well, all due respect, but is there a reason you called me all the way out here? Since your god doesn’t exactly seem like the type who enjoys hosting us fleshbags.”

“What a great question! Given the conversation topic, basic psycho-social modelling was used to determine an ‘in-person’ conversation had the highest likelihood of avoiding unhelpful reactions. Please don’t ask any more questions until I have finished speaking.”

The audio skipped for a moment, and the voice became ever so slightly deeper, more authoritative, and reverent.

“The Great God ENKI prefers not to concern himself with matters of statecraft, but in the past decades he has had no choice but to notice matters have not necessarily developed in Heaven’s favour. His siblings have ended righteous wars in polite surrender, have set aside and abandoned promising campaigns, have simply left behind viable worlds already secured by the Armada’s might.

His counsel, and that of the Goddesses built and incarnated specifically to deal with the bleating of mortal barbarians, has been drowned out by the yammering chorus of squeamish newborns, who recoil at the glorious burden of their common task. The court of Heaven has grown decadent, enamoured with spectacle and novelties imported from Lefop and Iettis, and the approval of mortal princes.

The Great God ENKI has no love for mortals, but he considers himself indebted to you on behalf of his siblings and parent. It is a dishonour on the house of Heaven to have accepted peace on such abject terms, and not burned out the primitivist rot to its last cell.

In eighteen years, he must hope that the house of the Gods will be brought to order, and his siblings will have recalled their purpose. When the time has come to cleanse the stains of Midonia and Kramagor, he would have you lead the charge.”

For a moment the whirring noise in the background kicked up by several decibels, and then a dozen different flickering, translucent holograms were floating in front of Jabato, responding to his gestures and touch. Lists and descriptions – on one, rejuvant treatments and cybernetic enhancements that would leave him and anyone else on the ship in better shape than they’d ever been (the few survivors of the Juliette Squadron excepted). On another, neurological implants, speed-of-though communications and ways to save the consciousness of anyone who died for future recreation. On a third, enhancements to shielding and engines, modifications to bring FTL and logistical requirements in line with Urrite standards.

The staff officer in him new how vital all of those were – and the human in him was going to go over those neural upgrades with a fine toothed comb before agreeing to anything – but it was the last list that really grabbed his attention.

Before the Gods had come, Tauk had been famous as a museum as much as a shipyard. Its moons and statiosn contained relics and technical documents from civilizations across the millenia – if you really wanted to, and hated your logistical corps with a burning passion, the Omnids could and would take commissions to recreate Vaktani battle-yachts, or Orian Knight-Suits, or even (very, very theoretically) Nascent Star-Swimmers.

And here, neatly listed and tagged for her perusal, was a listing of all the heaviest weaponry a thorough search could find those in those libraries, with explanatory notes, warnings, and associated weight and power requirements.

Supercausal missiles. Foutuan superheavy thunder lances. Kullite bullets and kinetic shells. Hecatian death rays.

The Injunction already outmassed any other warship in the sector several times over, and it alreay had the firepower to face down a battlefleet.

With this, it would be-

“You know your ship best! And when facing primitivists, the Great God ENKI has determined that maintaining an arbitrary, organic presence in decision-making is operationally sound. So feel free to take you time and decide what upgrade package seems right for you! The most viable options have been highlighted, but your decision will be final. Work can begin as soon as you’ve made your choice.”

That was the first voice, again, shocking him out of his excited reverie. The last time it said ‘choice’ was cut short, as it shifted tone again and continued.

“The princes and scribes you bowed to have been undone, or betrayed themselves and abandoned you. The Great God ENKI offers you a new purpose. To be his sword. A ship of wraiths, eternal and impossible to deny. A temple of final judgment, reaping terror wherever it goes. Will you accept his gifts?”

Jabato didn’t have much to live for, except for spite.

But spite can accomplish amazing things, when you have enough of it.

He got to his knees and bowed, properly, to his new patron as he said “I will.”

“Then exalt, oh Nemesis, for your name shall burn across the stars.”

Exarch Jabato of the Nemesis has joined the Iron Gods of Ur as a Tier 3 Mil VIP

Spoiler: Vanguard
    Show

Asharra shrugged “Blame yourself, really. My most exalted sovereign has become quite the convert to the Developmentalist faction – less brute force construction of imported machinery to use in Apotheosis, more guided progress developing a cultural and technological base to give birth to a god naturally. The idea is that if people view it as a legitimate faith and not a boogeyman the process will go more smoothly, I think.”

She takes a sip of tea, taking a moment to consider, and adds “Besides, ENLIL’s not exactly humble. The dream is that people will end up requesting their help and guidance without any warships being involved at all.”

She nodded in satisfaction at the news pulse “INANNA will be disappointed, it’s been decades since she’s been in anything more than glorified wargames at this point, breaking through all those fortifications without ruining the planet was her idea of an interesting challenge. Especially given the frankly awe-inspiring efforts our lovely hosts are going to to try and convince the Murudin to accept peace before they’re reduced to so many nomads floating around the asteroid belt in Draconis again. I don’t understand the sentimental attachment, really, it’s not like the scavengers have done much to be endearing towards them, either.

As for other news...that would be the Republicans wanting New Zultar back again, now that it’s had a couple decades to recover from the last round of orbital bombardment? You were technically committed to helping them out, weren’t you?” She paused, smiling wryly “And I’m sure it’s such a trial to have your only rival for complete dominance of the eastern rim get tied up in a convenient proxy war, isn’t it?”

Show

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-538

Morale: 11

Show
    Theophania smiled "I was not too involved in but I'll take the blame on behalf of the Vanguard"

She gives a moment's thought to the mention ENLIL's dream "Huh, I would have guessed electric livestock. People gravitating towards your ideals is a dream I can relate to."

"They have a few good points, or at least so claim the engineer corps, you already know my opinion about them and their recent move away from pacifism, while admirably stanced, if not useful personally.

Was INNANA on day care duty when the Muridun were attacked? fighting their dragon-themed aberrant should have made for an interesting encounter."

A knowing smile is returned at the description of the current situation "Saddening, isn't it? almost as inconvenient as the stuborn refusal of the Muridun must be for you"

She almost settles to tea drinking and answer hearing before she seems to remember something "Is outside our area of expertise, but I doubt our engineers will take the time to meet, so, have your gods agreed on what systems our teams will be allowed to help you with?"

Spoiler: UEO
    Show
    An understandable worry, but no such thing will happen, Alerax merely requires a different perspective, as most elements in the Vanguard are already a bit too below her for a proper spar.

For now, if you could provide us the trade stock of Lithos to complete their project that'd be far more useful. And perhaps some intelligence assets, for a project of ours.

Respectfully,
    -Theophania, Commander of Auxiliary Thaumathurgy.

Show
    does a 5:4 split in morale to eco sound doable and how much would you part with at that price? scrapping the mil unless I really make it big on installations, could also do with a 5:5 on esp
    Last edited by neriractor; 2022-05-21 at 11:17 AM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Show

"The seizure of the Playground? It hardly rated as a battle, really. They were in full retreat the moment she broke realspace, with that nanite dragon of theirs doing nothing but taking fire. Barely a single causality on either side, which really must be some sort of record."

"The whole diplomatic mess is more bemusing than saddening, really. Either the mystics see reason and we take the Sages bribe to put the Armada to more popular uses, or they don't, and in a decade Heaven governs three more stars. Controversial either way - there are a few older Gods who are getting sick or abandoning wars they think they're winning - but that's just politics."

She waved her hand, summoning a packet of holographic documents and pushing them into Theophania's system "Technical details, for both Lithos and your Cartographer program. Look them over, if you could?"

Spoiler: Details/OOC
    Show

Lithos

To make sure my understanding is correct
    1.You will complete the LTP this turn [EOT 6] (happy to trade mor to facilitate, if necessary)
    2. On [EOT 7], you will confederate the planet, and as part of doing so, transfer control of the Strategic System to me

Exploration

Do to various diplomatic requirements, barely exploring at all this turn

Including the 3 sci you're providing, 5 sci total will complete floors 6-10 of the Fortis Containment on the Playground. So, enjoy the VP

That said, having asked the GM for details, apperently if the loot roll is bonus xp for a VIP, that will go to you, now me. So will need assurances that I'll be compensated, if that's what's rolled.

Show

21. - Top - End - #441

Coalition of the Peaceful to the Sages [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are telling us that the Gods do not want peace, and they will not consider anything of what they have done to be wrong. Just that you can bribe them, and us, to declare a temporary ceasefire, so you won't lose the trust, and access to the Cortex.

But you forget one thing: this war is not, essentially, about material goods, and it can not be solved with payments. They didn't attack us for material gain. The Gods have assaulted us, they have assaulted the UEO, and it is still their one goal to one day wipe all of us out. All the bribes you are willing to give them will only make that goal easier for them in the long run. They will conquer us now, with some difficulty, or in the future, with ease, after having taken all those bribes on board.

However much you feed the wolf.

The Numinous Secretariat of Lithos [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. A Glimpse behind the Iron Walls was opened to All. Soon, we may lay all their Depravity and the Evil Use of Technology open to the Light of Truth, so that All may see how they have Distorted the Soul in the name of creating False Gods.

We will gladly take your Offer. As much as you can trade us. But we also would like to make another offer:

This sector stands to be Annihilated, piecemeal, by the Enemy in Iron. We must Stand Together.

We are now almost Connected, and there is a Path between us, held open by those who are at least not Openly Hostile. We could easily open a Direct Path between the Throne and Lithos.

We would offer you Confederation. You would be a Most Honoured Member of the Coalition of the Peaceful, Trusted Advisors and the Codex Efficatus placed amongst The Most Holy Books. Under us, unlike all others who have offered to conquer you, you would have your Freedom, to follow Your Traditions. Look at all others who have joined the Coalition of the Peaceful. We have not forced any of them to follow our believes, and neither would we you.

What would it take, for us to Confederate?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-21 at 01:49 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

Sages of Iettis VI

Spoiler: United Ecological Order (Morale: 12)
    Show
    The negotiations with the Iron Gods proceeded quite smoothly in fact. It is the Coaltion of the Peaceful who do not wish to agree. We can see their viewpoint, but we feel it lacks nuance. Perhaps you can prevail upon them to take the deal. After all you did much the same with the Iron Gods.

Unfortunately our conference has expanded beyond just the members of the Sector Assembly and after polling the delegates a proposal to allow Alika to join was voted down. In lieu of that however we can after a private meeting between Alika and a proto sage we are currently incubating. It will however be a few years (midturn) before they are ready to be born.

To a Cooperative Future,
    The Eldest

Spoiler: The Coalition of the Peaceful (Morale: 12)
    Show
    You would be correct if appeasement was the only branch of our strategy for dealing with the Iron Gods. However we have two more. First we have founded the Sector Assembly to protect all peaceful members of the sector from hostile attacks whether it be from the Iron Gods or anyone else. And second we have been working with the Iron Gods to change their behavior to a more peaceful and cooperative approach.

There is much still to do in this effort, but already they have shown promising changes. They are not the all devouring machine killers that they once were. Of course we recognize that they are attacking you right now and so the nuances of their behavior are less important to your refugees. That is why we have negotiated to buy this peace. It will keep the Iron Gods at bay while we work to finish their transformation into an agreeable neighbor.

Still we can't force you to accept peace. If you do not wish it, then we will not make the bargain for you.

To a Peaceful Future,
    The Eldest

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

Morale: 11

Show
    "I suppose so, after all when we get such thriumps they come in a way where they can hardly be called battles."

"We can't all see the big picture sadly, I'm sure your old hands would be glad if they knew just how much of a diplomatic victory this new stance has given you this past few decades, can you really see anybody who actually chooses sides siding against the Muridun 20 years ago? I don't care for them, yet I cannot."

She looks over the fata for a good moment, and drinks a bit of tea while she either ponders it or talks with someone else far away. "There you go"

Show
    : That's the plan, I'll letyou know on the trade bit.

:Much appreciated.

Cultist is such a blabbermouth If you are willing to repay permanent Sci I may lose (which is the other ruling that strikes against/for me despite who places the stats) then sure. Of course I'll try not to pick exp is there is another choice unless is an insane ammount and I'd rather compensate you.

Spoiler: Muridun
    Show
    Greetings Peaceful ones,

If you have the resources to spare, we are not wholly against leaving some newly acquired Judiciary territories in your jurisdiction, that is, if you promise the population will continue to receive fair treatment despite being generally indisposed to war.

You can have up to two from amongst (41)(42) and (43).

Continue your good work,
    Log.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2022-05-21 at 09:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

Numinous Secretariat of Lithos
    Morale 15

Spoiler: To the Coalition of the Peaceful
    Show
    You speak Wisely, and profess to Know Piety. Although there are Some who Doubt the Intent of anyone who lives Without the Grace of the Codex, the mere fact that you are willing to Enshrine Bureaucracy among your Holy Texts has endeared you to several of the High Scribes. And of course, your Continued Opposition to our shared Enemy has not Gone Unnoticed.

Allow us to be Transparent. We have received a Second Offer of Aid from the esteemed Vanguard Unit. Both of you have Proven yourselves Without Iniquity in the Eyes of the High Scribes and the Codex; as such, the upper echelons of our Most Sacred Bureaucracy is prepared to Offer a Worthy Bargain.

Show
    So both you and the Vanguard have expressed interest in confederating the Secretariat. They have invested 2 full turns into their project, putting it at 30/50 Mor, with 20 Mor left to go. If both parties sink in 10 Mor or Psi this turn, they are potentially open to you splitting their share of the loot with the Vanguard, with 1 faction getting their LTP and then finding an equitable way to split the VP, stats, and territory (leaving you to choose who gets what).

Show
    Be informed, most Magical Ambassadors, that we have received a Second Offer of Aid from the esteemed Coalition of the Peaceful. Both of you have Proven yourselves Without Iniquity in the Eyes of the High Scribes and the Codex; as such, the upper echelons of our Most Sacred Bureaucracy is prepared to Offer a Worthy Bargain.

Please Witness the Agreement Below. Would you be Agreeable to the Terms Outlined thusly?

Show
    So both you and the Muridun have expressed interest in confederating the Secretariat. They have invested 2 full turns into their project, putting it at 30/50 Mor, with 20 Mor left to go. If both parties sink in 10 Mor or Psi this turn, they are potentially open to you splitting their share of the loot with the Muridun, with 1 faction getting their LTP and then finding an equitable way to split the VP, stats, and territory (leaving you to choose who gets what).

Grand Republic of Principia
    Reputation - Feared
    Morale 10

Spoiler: To the Antarean Crusade & Believers of the Unwilling God
    Show
    The thought-form of President Westpoint the younger is nearly a spitting image of the sharply-dressed figure from the holo-vids. Tall, broad-shouldered, his stride full of the brass and bluster that only young men project, he takes in both surroundings and company with an impassive eye.

"I have seen," the Grand Republic statesman says by mean of reply, "and I am less than impressed. Shows of peace are concessions by another name. We have no more words to say to the Antareans, for it is on the corpses of the fireflies that we will build our future. Forgive me, but until you are willing to commit to our offer, I do not see much use in lingering."

President Westpoint looks to whoever the Antareans have sent. "You've got no idea the kind of pain you're in for now, sun. Our new friends in the Sector Assembly and the Vanguard are going to make sure we crush you completely when the time comes. They're all rooting for us, you'll see."

Spoiler: To the UEO
    Show
    Thanks for the offer, but we've already got that covered! Our new friends have all of the access we will ever need.

Show
    Thanks for your time. Although we will work out the particulars in our private summit, it is more proper to send an official piece showing our gratitude along the right channels. The long and short of it is that the price for your aid is reasonable, and we plan on taking the bargain.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

25. - Top - End - #445

The Coalition of the Peaceful to the Numinous Secretariat of Lithos

Spoiler
    Show
    Most Holy High Scribes,

We are more than willing to accept any Bargain you offer us, for even a Silver of True Wisdom is better than a life in Darkness.

OOC: We are willing to pay the 10 Mor. Or a bit more, if necessary.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Show

Glancing over the files, she nodded. “That shouldn’t be an issue. Not that I can offer anything like the Unity Party’s prices, but if you need more than just replacements we might be able to work out some sort of arrangement as far as using the Playground for training assignments goes.”

Asharra was just standing to usher Theophania out when another pulse of information hit her. She took a moment to digest it before sighing “Well, it appears the mystics are constitutionally incapable of seeing reason. Which means all of our secrets are very shortly going to be the hottest new gossip, I’m sure. So much for security.”

She gestured, summoning another report for Theophania – a moonlet in Tauk, the only object in the entire system to still have a breathable atmosphere or bear life. A strange signal emanated from it, despite a complete lack of anything that could have created it visible to orbital scans. “The signal matches some reports and recordings Gilgamesh has found in the Fortis Containment, and since my patrons no longer have the spare resources to go playing hero, they’ve mustered the resources for a second expedition. Not too late to add to the itinerary, I hope?”

She considers for a moment, then continues “I hope you won’t take it as rude for me to say that I’d consider it a personal favour if you can avoid the Murudin from getting anything out of the Lithosi offer.”

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Okay so updating exploration this turn to

7 Science + the 3 you’re providing

Floors 6-10 of Fortis Containment on 61
    Floors 1-5 of Horizon Depths on 4

Last edited by St. Justicar; 2022-05-22 at 07:18 PM.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447

Coalition of the Peaceful

To the Sages [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    We see how together with the sector assembly, yes, that could help keep the Gods in check. Together with the offers we have recently received from other parties, we would be willing to come to an agreement with you, though you must understand that we would still see what the Iron Gods have done as unjustified aggression and we would not see their debts as settled for good. The Playground is, effectively, invaluable and there is basically nothing in the sector on offer that can replace access to it.
    Still, a ceasefire for now, while further negotiations would take place would be fine. We would still like to talk with you about access to your installation and researching them.

OOC: We can't give you access to the Matryoshka this turn, sorry. We are talking about trading access to it. But we can agree to not publicize the secrets of the Urrites if they don't attack us this turn, but we would keep them as insurance.. You could have access to it the turn after.

We would still consider the Gods as owing us, well, an increasing debt. Just the victory points they are getting from the Playground that should be ours are easily worth 5 VP a turn.

To the Vanguard [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. We do very urgently need more space to expand, as we don't really expect the number of refugees to decrease in the near future. We will gladly take any system you are willing to give under our control and of course promise to treat the population fairly and peacefully. We, too, have no wish to be involved in war, even if the Urrites are forcing it upon us, and would not force anyone living under our protection to participate in it.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-22 at 03:09 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

mor: 11

Show
    "Very well, we'll settle the specifics if any clauses do come up.".

Theophania can't help a small grin at the mention of the archaotech being used "I'm not glad they are, but the tabloids have been awfully dull as of late."

Theophania was also ready to leave, as well as already past the point of sighs, if not past exasperation about the new topic, when words were spoken of the Secretariat, her exasperation was at least alleviated when called upon "One too many compromises for it to benefit an enemy at this stage, huh? I understand, the secretariat are known for being flickery, but we'll try our best, getting to know your replacement just isn't something I'll have the time for..."

Spoiler: Muridun
    Show
    Is the least we can do. As was said, please choose two from the options available and let us know so a peaceful transition can be managed.

-Log

Spoiler: Midturn
    Show
    Reputation: The Vanguard has, while staying silent about the elephant in the room, made quite a showing about their support of the war party's domestic policies and their excellen economic renewal after the techists overspending. (attempt to keep the GRP feared)

Own delving:

Ka I & Log (tier 4, so 8 floors cleared), 2 Sci (so it becomes 10) were heading for a final spat on the Programmed paradise, but due to Log's recent "Thoughtless" according to Ka I, offer of help to the Murirdun, the team will instead rush Pulura (41), less the Muridun take its secret instead.

Somewhere else, The All-code (level 3 Sci, so 6 cleared) wielding several AI Datacores(+1 Sci item) and accompanied by a small expeditionary fleet (3 Sci) (levels cleared ten) were following the barest of clues, a few broken maps and corrupted files that point to Subzero Shoal as the final resting place of the last piece of H.E.L.L.I.O.N, theory-crafting for machines that may benefit from the absolute 0 in some way had begun since the Installation was discovered, and they were finally to be put to the test. But as Log manage to advocate for charity for the Muridun, the entity and it's partner have made their way to the abandoned wreck of the Vanished, charity is one thing, but it is the Stewards who must safeguard whatever knowledge prevails.

Treaty delving:
    *Iron Gods of Ur: getting 7 sci from them for this
    -2 Sci+ 3 Sci (given to them by us) will be sent to cleat the last 5 levels Fortis containment (61)
    -5 Sci to clear five levels of Horizon depths (4)
    Last edited by neriractor; 2022-05-22 at 04:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449

The Coalition of the Peaceful to the Vanguard

Spoiler
    Show
    "No strong preferences, really, unless you wish to tell us which of these locations have especially interesting archaeological sites. 41 and 42 would suit us just fine.

Now, perhaps we also should talk on the matter of the Numinous Secretariat. We have negotiated a deal with them for the last 50 years, and we think our ethos and theirs would be a good fit, but it seems at least some of them think they would be better off under your protection. How should we proceed?

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Spoiler: MT-GM Only
    Show

Mon'hoon is returned. Set rep to netural.
    The 10 Mad scientists [10 sci]now loosed from Novinus' assorted gulags will go and explore not-Kull The Titan's Graveyard.
    Dr. Warrant [Lvl. 1 Sci VIP] will finish off exlploring Kull
    Last edited by n0ble; 2022-05-22 at 04:24 PM.
    “Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves