New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC II

The United Ecological Order: MOR 17

Spoiler: To the Sages of Iettis IV & the Unity Party: MOR 17
    Show

We understand the vote considering we just recevied word that the Grand Principian Republic is one of the main members of the meeting. Though we aren't allies, our moral alignment when it comes to ecological matters, and our debt to, Anterean makes it so the GRP would feel understandably uncomfortable with us being privy to military strategy. There are no hard feelings.

In regards to having a meeting either way, I don't think it's nessesary for me to come to the council meeting, honestly our involvement was more about wanting to understand more about the sector assembly's plans before putting money down as opposed to needing to hide our discussions. We know that the Unity Party, and by extension everyone at the meeting, knows what we're talking about either way, and aside from the Urrites we know that nobody else can read our high encryption levels.

By the way, nicely done on cracking the new encryption system Unity Party. We should get some people together to finally figure out how to consistently break the God's hold on the encryption market.

We will send an additonal message to those assembled in the meeting at the moment to follow.

Alika Lithany

Spoiler: To the Sages of Iettis IV, the Vanguard and Unity Party: MOR 17
    Show

As someone was bordered by and invaded by an expanisonist power, the United Ecological Order understands the risks of leaving several strategic systems in the hands of expansionists, and we are happy to see the sector assembly putting potential military might behind their words (though we'd argue wrong target.) we would personally caution against throwing power behind a nation as volitile as the Grand Principian Republic.

We have been lucky for the past years, partially in response to UEO actions, we haven't seen the more agressive parts of the Grand Principian Republic in power, but our track on voting trends show that we are much more likely to see a Totalist victory in the coming election as opposed to something more collaborative like the New Options Party. Looking further out, it's impossible for us to predict the GRP voting patterns as their voting has been shockingly close in every election.

If the parties involved in this meeting were to throw behind the GRP, would you be comfortable if those resources were in Totalist control next decade? What about a continued push from the War Party? They have declared Total War as a continuation of a war they began when most politicians in the United Ecological Order were still children. Are you seeking to wipe out Anterean?

I suppose our overall point is, what is the potential good that comes out of throwing weight behind the GRP in this conflict? And what is the potential fault in that idea?

The United Ecolocial Order's stance on the matter should be clear. We, in this conflict, are currently neutral. We see both the Vanguard and the Anterean Crusade as good friends, and despite our political differences, our end goal of Principian peace is shared with the Sages.

Anterean saved us when the Judges sided with the Iron Gods and tried to break the United Ecological Order, the Vanguard helped ensue that conflict didn't end with too much blood. We're friends with you both for those actions, we don't think throwing cards on the opposite sides of a conflict is smart.

Yours,

Zenithair

Spoiler: To the Vanguard: MOR 17
    Show

When it comes to resources we, unfortunatley do not have the espionage to spare but we could certainly provide MOR in exchange for ECO. We would prefer an even rate though, consideirng both of us are able to spend our resources at high value either way.

Please consider our messaging to your larger group, we believe that our past collaboration should carry weight here and we would hate to see the Sector Assembly's first action to be supporting War against one of our few powers that can oppose the Iron Gods when they attempt to bring the end of days.

Spoiler: MIDTURN: GM ONLY
    Show

Push REP of the GRP down to Dreaded

No other actions.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Morale: 11

Spoiler: Muridun
    Show
    Your selection has been noted.

As far as Lithos is concerned, it is true that we have a wealth of worlds and moons for them to inhabit, but if so many as we've been told wish to remain with you, we can comply, even more. We would gladly pay the needed costs ourselves.

-Log

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Look, I can give you 3 Mor (probably what we would get from Lithos anywa and it'll do for most of their number in the fluff) next turn, when you may have enough land to host them and I would get them myself, but I need to be The only name on the confederation listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Colossus in the Playground

Coalition of the Peaceful to the Vanguard

Spoiler
    Show

It is not a matter of cost, but for providing the best possible environment for a scholarly and morally sound civilization like the Secretariat to thrive.

OOC: Yeah, sorry... I can get 3 Mor for any given 3 resources from Unity, stats are basically worthless right now. But that alone is not going to save my ass from when the Gods decide to flatten me, like that LTP would. Plus, I need to get VP from somewhere. And I've invested too much work into Lithos to just give up on it.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-22 at 04:38 PM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-538

Show
    And I would say, such a place would remain in your confederation, or in the Vanguard too, were they not so keen to joing you, their decision to make. Surely, irregardless of who holds a rock, the legends and songs written will be for those who did the work.

-Log.

OOC: That LTP will delay for you at best, and possibly worst: will make you the eternal punching bag, too afraid of punching back even with aid, for fear of losing your barely less pregnable defenses.

As for VP, I can promise the VP from its capture/one for every turn I hold it and as I know you are unlikely to negotiate with Antares, I can give you the VPs from 44 if I do end up buying it.
    Last edited by neriractor; 2022-05-22 at 04:50 PM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Troll in the Playground

The Sages of Iettis VI
    Morale: 12

Spoiler: Coalition of the Peaceful (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Excellent, we will ensure that the peace negotiations proceed then. Our offer is simple. We will give you access to one installation in return for the usage of the Matryoshka Cortex for one turn. In regards to your insurance plan for its information we have three points. First we don't care if you publicize the Iron Gods information. Though they will certainly see it as an aggressive action they did not negotiate with us to hide it. Second keeping it in reserve is nearly impossible. The United Ecological Order will learn it at the same time you do, and even if no one else does they'll ensure its spread to all the Iron God's enemies. (OOC: At least if I'm understanding the archeotech correctly it gives the info in the midturn results, which are only as secure as your morale.) Finally as we said before we did obtain some pertinent information on the Iron Gods capabilities in the last decade which we are willing to share with you.

We will simply say that we wish for the cortex to be used on the Antarean Crusade. And who you turn its processing capabilities towards this decade is of course up to you.

To a Peaceful Future,
    The Eldest

6. - Top - End - #456

The Coalition of the Peaceful

To the Sages [10]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. We are very grateful for your help and we hope this can end in peace. And we see certainly do see the danger Antares poses. They are very high up on our list of targets for the Cortex as well and we will gladly use it on them as soon as it has charged up again.

To the Vanguard [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Of course, but the culture is initimately tied to the material substrate that gave rise to it.

OOC: PErhaps I'd be an eternal punching bag, but I'd rather be an eternal punching bag instead of standing there with nothing. The alternative to taking it is... me just not taking it, and hoping the Gods change their plans?

And honestly, you offering me VP every turn for the rest of the game sounds... too good to be believeable. That sounds like you're just trying to string me along with bait.

I'd rather have a tangible and extremely helpful asset now than your promise that you'll give me something later if you can get it. Something that won't even defend me against Urrite aggression.

Edit: Also, I don't think VP are even transferable?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-05-22 at 05:01 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

Spoiler: To the Sages and the Muridun: MOR 17
    Show

Should our friends at Muridun wish it, we will not publisize the Iron God's information beyond the nations that will already be able to read that information. (Anterean due to our trade for the Strat System, Unity and friends) we will not bring additonal ire on their head while we recover from our past battles.

You can be assured that we wouldn't set them up for failure like that, though we admit that we're eager to learn their information.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Muridin
    Show

Allow me to be blunt, as the only secure channel in this conversation.

The Gods do not, honestly, particularly care if you know their capabilities. Perhaps it will instill a healthy sense of fear in you. Absent the Sages intervention, your worst fears would very likely be coming true in the coming years regardless.

However, the Sages have made a very convincing case. More importantly, my patrons have developed a newfound respect for public opinion, and they have been presented with less controversial targets. Ones you probably would have no objection to, truly.

So, allow me to put this forthrightly
    -If you do not carry out any hostile actions, then there will be a minimum of forty years for you to entrench and make full use of the territories the Vanguard is so generously allowing you to take up ownership of.
    -Allowing the UEO access to the information provided by the Codex is a hostile act, given the mischief they will assuredly raise with it.
    -If your idea is to hold the threat of the Codex as insurance, I can assure you that anyone who the Gods’ might care about learning its results will know it the instant you do. The only outcome will be some embarrassment on my part, and retribution.
    -If it is any incentive in the name of peace, I can allow your explorers access to an installation within the borders of Heaven on the condition you use the Codex on quite literally anyone else.
    -I can, in fact, even answer any questions you have about the Gods’ capabilities, though I do understand you’re rather unlikely to believe my words.

Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show

Won Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic
    Technically Won Principia 2 as the Iron Gods of Ur
    Won Mandate of Heaven as the Gardeners of the Immortal Flesh

9. - Top - End - #459

Midturn

Spoiler
    Show
    It's late, any it doesn't seem like these negotiations
    will come anything. No one can offer a good reason not to use the Cortex right now and I doubt it will change in the next few hours.

Using the Cortex on the Urrites.
    Using 1 Sci and Ali Zaybak to clear the Transcendent Pond, the last five levels. Thre's no other installations I can get to, so bunkering the rest of my Sci for now.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Midturn (GM)
    Show
    (1d6)[1]
    1. Mil, 2. Esp, 3. Eco, 4. Sci, 5. Mor, 6. Psi

Activate the Emerald Beacon Garuda as Mil.

Trade 1 Eco to the Unity Party for 1 Sci
    Trade 1 Psi to the Vanguard for 1 Sci

Use 2 Sci to investigate the Beached Leviathan
    Give MEMRA my 1 Sci item and then use her and 5 Sci to investigate the Epoch Dilation and see if I can't resolve this time war.
    (Total is Sci 2 VIP, 1 Sci item, 5 Sci)

Should finish both of those.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: The UEO, the Vanguard and Unity Party (Morale: 12)
    Show
    Greetings Zenithair,

We are viewing this conflict as a multifaceted one. The Iron Gods and the Antarean Crusade are the two greatest threats to the stability of the sector. On the one hand the Iron Gods do not have a good track record in regards to sapient rights, but they are getting somewhat better. And they can be trusted to stick to the letter of their deals whereas Antares backing out of the Umbra accord leaves its word as questionable. It appears to chart its own course and if it happens to align with yours, then that is a happy coincidence.

As such our strategy for dealing with them takes different tacts. With the Iron Gods we are working to establish the Sector Assembly. With the addition of your own UEO and the Coalition of the Peaceful the Iron Gods would be contained. Not totally of course as the nature of veil space precludes that, but still better than they were. Antares however is spread across the entire eastern portion of the sector. The same approach would not work unless we could get literally everyone into the Assembly. Which seems politically untenable at the moment.

Thus we consider the GRP. We did not anticipate their declaration of war, and unfortunately its nature as an aggressive war precludes an invitation to the Assembly. However we do not want to see them destroyed. Thus our considering of some support towards their efforts. Enough at least to keep them from losing, and it would if nothing else keep Antares occupied as we consider the overall situation.

On the other hand the GRP's volatility is both an asset and a liability. An asset because it means that they will almost certainly not be able to keep up a prolonged war, and thus Antares is in no danger of defeat. In addition they are the most amenable of all the polities in Principia to outside persuasion. A liability, because we fear that Antares will view them as too unstable to remain a neighbor and seek to wipe them out in the same manner as the Judiciary Collective. Thus we feel major efforts will be needed to keep the GRP intact in the coming decades.

Frankly the entire situation is still evolving and we are uncertain as to what course the war and our intervention into it will take.

To a Cooperative Future,
    The Eldest

Spoiler: The Antarean Crusade (Public)
    Show
    We would be interested in hearing your views regarding the GRP's declaration of war, and your future intentions towards them.

Spoiler: The GRP (Public)
    Show
    We feel we would be remiss if we did not ask you to withdraw your declaration of war. If you feel the Antarean Crusade is too much of a threat we also extend an invitation to the Sector Assembly alliance.

Spoiler: Midturn Addendum
    Show
    Forgot to say I'll use my rep action to maintain the GRP.
    Last edited by ArcaneStomper; 2022-05-22 at 07:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Antarean Crusade
    Mor 21
    Rep: Feared

Spoiler: Midturn
    Show
    Lower GRP Rep to Dreaded
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

13. - Top - End - #463
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Show

As part of a joint expedition with the Vanguard [7 of my Sci, 3 of theirs]

The old Amaranthine containment vaults are the most dangerous places on the Playground – a high, high bar. It’s not really surprising that actually plumbing them for all their terrors would eventually require the efforts of three stellar nations. Securing the innermost and most highly guarded experiments and samples is left to the experts of Rainbow Tell, with Urrite drones and acolytes being placed at their disposal in great numbers as, essentially, disposable grunts to direct as the Silent Cartographer program directs them. [3 Vanguard Sci, 2 Sci to complete Fortis Containment]

Documents retrieved from the Fortis Containment contain recordings of a signal that seems to match the strange ghost presence on the Tauk system’s last remaining verdant moonlet. Likely a particularly successful experiment by the same ancients responsible for the rest of the Containment, a second expedition is dispatched to begin classifying and mapping the moon, several powerful priests and angels using the Silent Cartographer’s direction and hundreds of disposable drones and acolytes to search for the treasure the signal must have been used to mark. [5 Sci to explore Horizon Depths]

The Gods’ new diplomatic posture is much more outward looking, either nurturing hopes of their aid in uplift being voluntarily requested in the future. In that vein, a vast propaganda campaign is taken, showing off their new protectorate of Nustea, and cordially inviting all those who fled their campaigns of conquest to return to their homes and live culturally purified lives, providing raw data of how their civilization would have evolved for their God to learn from. On the one hand, the videos and testimonials do an excellent job showing that things have changed from previous generations (and core worlds). On the other, they still don’t do a great job making the Gods seem nice, except to the sort of people who consider rule by alien god-machines an acceptable price for having the power to keep their cultures ‘pure’. [Maintain Rep at Awed]

In anticipation of the upcoming publication of all the God’s dirty secrets, a small fleet of surveyors and sensor probes that were recently delivered by the Unity Party slip back over the border for several years, without any official records and declarations as to why. When they return, they quickly fly back to GILGAMESH’s domain on Oasha without any sort of comment. [Sending 2 Sci to Unity Party]

Keep Analyst Equation Going

The Shrike is a marvel of ancient technology, the guardian trusted by the rulers of the Eliran system to keep their most dangerous criminals under lock and key for more than a myriad. And now, welcomed onto a grander stage, it’s time to actually take advantage of its adaptive systems, and show them what it can really do. A cornucopia of modern armaments, shielding, and similarly advanced raw materials are fed into it to absorb and reuse. More to the point, in act of either poetry or blasphemy, the Immortal Mantle – containing the preserved consciousneses of all the Birdcage’s greatest inmates – is fitted onto it, providing a tactical mind quite unlike anything else the Gods could call upon for their new champion. (Spend 3 Mil, 2 Sci to activate Shrike and upgrade it to level 2, equipping with the Immortal Mantle [Mil+1])

Show

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity Party

Show

Spending the 2 sci from Iron Gods on making a route from the very edge of 18 close to where the Iron Gods come in and 14 and 15 in Crusade space with out asking too many questions.

1 sci to Arcane for 1 econ.

9 sci, 2 cranial implants, Eins (tier 3) 1 psi, 1 mor and 1 esp to explore Ele'Shan. With Eins finally back up and healthy and the great Unity they are experiencing they figure it is time to explore the intelligent moon. They try their best not to hurt it with it possibly being one of their ally's relatives but if they can convince it they are going to try to make it into a psionic mind like them mostly out of curiosity. (Should be 18/20)

Activating Egaltarium again and the alternate dimension machine to rip rhodium and a variety of other important resources out of purchased asteroids using it as a much more efficent miner. (1 p econ becomes 6)

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Midturn 6 Results

Iron Gods of Ur
    Morale 22

Spoiler: Midturn Results
    Show
    Reputation successfully maintained. Current Reputation: Awed.

Annalyst Equation activated! Esp set at 1.5 to read all mail.

Shrike activated and upgraded! Current Tier: 2.

With the aid of the Vanguard, the Iron Gods move to the vilest and most forbidden regions of Urrite space that have been kept under lock and key: Fortis Containment and the Horizon Depths. These two installations have proven the bane of adventurers from Principia and beyond, devouring entire expeditions whole in their time and inspiring such organizations as the Amaranthine Archive to exist in the first place. Fortis Containment has thankfully already been investigated, leaving some space leftover for the Vanguard and Iron Gods to recover valuable specimens (+++++ Eco), as well as a pair of Hecatian Drives (2x +1 Sci items) and what appears to be a monstrous living, sentient engine worthy of worship (1/3 of a Tier 3 Archeotech). 10/10 floors cleared. Vanguard Unit gains 1 VP!

The Horizon Depths are still vastly uncovered, but what lies beneath the surface is a monstrous calamity. The combined forces of the Vanguard and the Gods clear out the first few levels, recovering some samples of economic value (++++ Eco) and an ancient Resonance Adaptor (+1 Psi item) that reads and alters biological signatures. The Depths have much further to go, although they present dangers to those doing the going. Vanguard Unit loses 1 Sci. At the current estimation, there will be at least an equal effort made to finish the job. 5/10 floors cleared.

Spoiler: Subspace Array - Tier 3
    Show
    The legendary Subspace Array is the next generation of interstellar travel: a massive living engine that creates what are effectively instantaneous mass relays, sending signals back through realspace that bypass the fourth dimension. It is effectively miniaturized Veil Gate technology. The faction that holds and activates this Archeotech each Midturn can trade with or invade every system on the game map regardless of distance.

Upon claiming the Subspace Array, the Iron Gods feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has just claimed another piece of the Archeotech!

United Ecological Order, aka Gask Triad
    Morale 17

Show
    Reputation of GRP unsuccessfully adjusted! Their current Reputation: Feared.

Sages of Iettis VI
    Morale 12

Show
    Reputation of GRP successfully maintained! Their current Reputation: Feared.

Emerald Beacon activated! +4 Mil (cumulative) to Garuda.

Energized by the results of the past few decades, the Sages dispatch their best and brightest to two locations. The first is one well known to them already: the Beached Leviathan, whose cavernous interiors have been largely charted save for the very deepest cavities. The second, however, is an enigma: the Epoch Dilation, a series of alternate versions of the Chronarkate of Miron at various stages during its development, all engaged in a brutal time war with no end in sight. The search inside the Leviathan is fruitful enough, resulting in a windfall of reagents (++++ Eco) and stimulants (+++++ Sci). Inside the beast's tissue, a fragment of an Arco-Medean facility is dug up, one that seems to specialize in multiplying matter (1/3 of a Tier 3 Archeotech). 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

The Epoch Dilation is a much more complicated affair. Sending agents on time traveling missions proves wildly lucrative at first, as it allows the Sages to tap into the wealth of alternate timelines without causing too much damage (+++++++++ Eco), even emerging with a great deal of knowledge about potential futures (6 bonus XP to give to a VIP of your choosing). The heart of the issue appears to be not only the Chronarch technology, but also an apparent predilection towards theft, which emerges from a rather different source (1/3 of a Tier 3 Archeotech). Sadly, the effects of tampering with multiple timelines creates temporal echoes, which gravitate towards the most temporally significant being on Iettis. Garuda (Mil 4 VIP) cannot be used until EoT 7. 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

Spoiler: Fission Lab - Tier 3
    Show
    This infamous Archeotech takes the form of a modest-looking facility replete with test tubes of strange liquid and half-bred life forms, feeding into a central reservoir. Its uses are for the perfect replication of biomatter at a single point of space and time. A faction that activates this Archeotech can use it to clone 1 VIP from their faction, up to Tier 3. This clone is created with the minimum XP for their Tier and no attached items, but is otherwise identical to the original VIP.

Spoiler: Font of Inspiration - Tier 3
    Show
    This massive device steals from unconscious genius sector-wide and feeds it into a pool-like mass fabricator. It is as of yet incomplete and requires further study. When activated, this Archeotech siphons away 1/3 of all stats invested into all incomplete LTPs from all factions, rounded down. The holder of the Archeotech gains those stolen stats as temporary stat points.

Upon recovering the Fission Lab and the Font of Inspiration, the Vanguard Corps feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has just claimed another piece of the Archeotechs!

Antarean Crusade
    Morale 21

Show
    Reputation of GRP unsuccessfully adjusted! Their current Reputation: Feared.

The Muridun
    Morale 10

Show

Matryoshka Cortex activated! See below for full accounting of the Iron Gods of Ur.

While the Cortex completes its calculations, the Muridun complete their exploration of the Transcendant's Pond. These coterminous demiplanar realms operate adjacent to reality, and many of them have rates of slowed time, subjective gravity, and other quirks where the laws of reality are bent or broken. This makes traversing the Pond a rather difficult affair, but the explorers are well-versed its environments by now. They recover a number of students who convert to the cause (+++++ Eco) and as well as a number of elite warriors who can be conjured at any point in realspace: a Ghost Legion (+2 Mil item). Finally, the Muridun scientists uncover a second piece of a very familiar ancient technology deep beneath the ocean of the demiplane; it requires a great deal of extraction to return to Principia. 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

The process of lugging the Archeotech causes a massive chain of tears in reality, one of which temporarily subsumes the Coalition's greatest defender for a number of years. Although he will return, it will not be in time to aid should the Iron Gods or any other forces choose this moment to invade. Samiel (Mor 4 VIP) cannot be used until EoT 7.

Spoiler: Sundrinker - Tier 3
    Show
    The Sundrinker is a massive piece of architecture. More of a moon-sized battle station than anything else, this Archeotech is capable of wiping out entire solar systems when fully active and charged for a complete cycle. After this Archeotech is activated, the faction holding it may choose to destroy any single system on the map. The faction holding that system loses 2 random stats, 1 Morale, and 1 VP (as though it had been invaded). The faction holding the Archeotech gains 1 stat point of their choice.

Upon claiming their two-thirds of the Sundrinker, the Muridun feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has just claimed the final piece of the Archeotech!

Spoiler: Cortex Profile - The Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    Primary Stats

Mil 27
    Esp 4
    Eco 4
    Mor 23
    Sci 13
    Psi 1

Stat Total: 72/86
    Single Stat Maximum: 32
    Passive Defence: 36

VIPs

INANNA – Tier 3 Mil – 3/30 XP – Equipped with Directed Fire Arrays, Immortal Mantle, Intuitive Core [+2 Sci, +2 Mil] – Effective 8 Mil, 2 Sci
    Nemesis - Tier 3 Mil - 15/30 XP
    Shrike - Tier 2 Mil - 0/10 XP
    ENKI – Tier 2 ECO – 8/20 XP
    ENLIL – Tier 2 MOR – 8/20 XP
    GILGAMESH – Tier 1 SCI – 1/10 XP

Strategic Systems

The Ship Foundries of Tauk – Reduce cost of increasing Mil by 1
    The Playground - Reduce cost of increasing Sci by 1

Archaotech

Font of Inspiration – Siphon 1/3 of all stats currently invested in incomplete LTPs to use at EOT – 1/3
    Subspace Array - Trade or invade any system on the map regardless of distance - 1/3
    Annalyst Equation – Increase Effective Esp by 50% for message Decryption – COMPLETE
    Shrike – Mil VIP, Upgraded for Half Price at Midturn, Sci and Mil only – Current Tier 2 – COMPLETE

LTPs

The Ten Thousand Eyes of Heaven – Add 1/2 Sci to Mor and Esp for message encryption and decryption, respectively - COMPLETE
    Bheura Trust - Each turn, gain 2 Eco, 2 Psi from the shared trust (combined shares with Judiciary Committee) - COMPLETE
    Tiamat Warheads - Up to 3/turn, sacrifice 1 permanent Mil or Sci to reduce Passive Defense of 1 other faction by 5 across all territories - COMPLETE
    Hunter Killer Protocols - In each conflict with the Iron Gods, increase attrition and enemy loss by 1 (win or lose) - 4/30

Banked Stats

INANNA (8 Mil, 2 Sci) and 4 Esp banked to take Samarra [69] from the Muridun

Secret Routes

58-47

Unity Party
    Morale 11

Show

Secret routes (18-14, 18-15) successfully created.

Egalitarium activated! Every stat point built using only Eco this turn is increased by an additional 1 point.

Essentia Refractory activated! Lose 1 Eco. Gain 6 t. Eco.

Ele'shan is a dangerous place, full of wonder and mystery. The ameboid asteroid, as it is sometimes known, is a legend among spacefaring pilots for always having a different layout each time it is approached or mapped out. Something deep within does not want it to be easy to navigate, perhaps. Yet the Unity Party manages quite well, uncovering a vast assortment of biological and preserved treasures (++++++++++++++++ Eco), as well as a number of ancient weaponry including a Force Multiplier (+2 Mil item) and a cadre of intense transmissible mind-melds for Eins (7 bonus XP for Eins). Furthermore, the Unity Party has recovered a unique battery, half of a linked pair (1/2 of Tier 2 Archeotech). 18/20 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

Sadly, Ele'shan appears to have partially awoken, and in the process absorbed a number of Unified consciousnesses, including that of Eins themselves. It will take a great deal of time to extricate those trapped within the asteroid and return them to fighting shape. Lose 1 Sci. Eins (Sci 3 VIP) cannot be used until EoT 7.

Spoiler: Quantum Splicers - Tier 2
    Show
    The Quantum Splicers are a series of linked twin engines that drain power from their surroundings to split possible futures. When someone has both halves, they can see up to two future paths and collapse the one that they dislike, allowing for optimal results. After a faction activates this Archeotech, they may add 1 conditional order into their EoT, formatted as an 'if X, then Y' statement.

Upon claiming the Quantum Splicers, the Unity Party feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has already claimed another piece of the Archeotech!

Believers of the Unwilling God
    Morale 10

Show
    Reputation successfully adjusted! Current Reputation: Neutral.

The Believers of the Unwilling God complete their exploration of the black deserts of Kull. The crystallized graveyards of the ancient Ultrumites has yielded most of its treasure, yet there is one series of caverns left to investigate. Deep below the planet's surface, a monstrous monolith lies sleeping: a device that has not been disturbed for countless millennia. Within its confines, Dr. Warrant finds hidden treasures and unearths them: the Kullite Arsenal (3x +1 Mil items) and the spoils of wars gone by (+++ Eco). The monolith itself bears further study, as it can be dug up in its entirety and potentially put to use in other areas (1/2 of Tier 2 Archeotech). 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

However, the process of uncovering the monolith has led to some major upheavals among the more peaceful scientists in the Believer castes, leading to setbacks and the stalling of a number of humanitarian and technological objectives. Lose 2 Sci.

Meanwhile, the remainder of the Believers' scientific research teams investigate the Titan's Graveyard, the abandoned repository for defunct or out-of-service megaprojects built by the Arco-Medeans themselves. The Graveyard is home to some of the most outlandish and unusual technologies in all of Principia, a dubious boast at best. So it's of little surprise that the vast majority of the Believers' science and research division spends their time poring over the various contradictory charts, terminals, and database logs for the installation, recovering a huge fortune in credit-value (+++++++++ Eco) and scientific materia (++++++ Sci). They also recover a shard of an Arco-Medean superweapon, albeit one that requires a great deal more to complete (1/3 of a Tier 3 Archeotech). 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

Spoiler: Primal Monolith - Tier 2
    Show
    Pyramid fragments floating through space with no entrances or exits which inspire mad visions in all nearby. When assembled, there is no limit to how they might shape the potential of the collective mind. When activated, the faction holding this Archeotech counts all base stat points as 150% effective for the purposes of all LTPs. This does not include bonus temp stats from trades, other faction abilities, or VIPs.

Spoiler: Sundrinker - Tier 3
    Show
    The Sundrinker is a massive piece of architecture. More of a moon-sized battle station than anything else, this Archeotech is capable of wiping out entire solar systems when fully active and charged for a complete cycle. After this Archeotech is activated, the faction holding it may choose to destroy any single system on the map. The faction holding that system loses 2 random stats, 1 Morale, and 1 VP (as though it had been invaded). The faction holding the Archeotech gains 1 stat point of their choice.

Upon recovering the Primal Monolith and the Sundrinker, the Believers feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has already claimed another piece of each Archeotech!

Vanguard Unit Z-358
    Morale 10

Show
    Reputation of GRP successfully maintained! Their current Reputation: Feared.

Once more, the Vanguard Corps is able to launch a titanic effort to uncover the secrets left behind by the Arco-Medeans, thanks to the intervention of the Stewards of Understanding. The Silent Cartographer proves its weight yet again as it cannily helps Ka I and Log navigate the vilest and most forbidden regions of Urrite space that have been kept under lock and key: Fortis Containment and the Horizon Depths. These two installations have proven the bane of adventurers from Principia and beyond, devouring entire expeditions whole in their time and inspiring such organizations as the Amaranthine Archive to exist in the first place. Fortis Containment has thankfully already been investigated, leaving some space leftover for the Vanguard and Iron Gods to recover valuable specimens (+++++ Eco), as well as a pair of Hecatian Drives (2x +1 Sci items) and what appears to be a monstrous living, sentient engine worthy of worship (1/3 of a Tier 3 Archeotech). 10/10 floors cleared. Gain 1 VP!

The Horizon Depths are still vastly uncovered, but what lies beneath the surface is a monstrous calamity. The combined forces of the Vanguard and the Gods clear out the first few levels, recovering some samples of economic value (++++ Eco) and an ancient Resonance Adaptor (+1 Psi item) that reads and alters biological signatures. The Depths have much further to go, although they present dangers to those doing the going. Lose 1 Sci. At the current estimation, there will be at least an equal effort made to finish the job. 5/10 floors cleared.

Meanwhile, the remainder of the Vanguard forces rush two more installations by the name of Pulura and the Subzero Shoal. The two sites could not be more different, as the former is the massive body of a former titan whose insides have been hollowed out, while the second is a mysterious area in deep space that freezes all incoming bodies and entities at absolute zero. The Vanguard-sponsored researchers and intrepid explorers do their best to navigate each locale to the best of their abilities, employing their skills and facility with the Silent Cartographer programming to minimize losses while maximizing gains. The former at least is an unqualified success, as the Vanguard walk away with truly tremendous treasures in the form of valuable ingredients, reagents, and materia for study (+++++++++++++++++++++ Eco, +++ Sci, ++++ Psi). In the Subzero Shoal in particular, Vanguard cosmonauts return with a Heavy Collision Star-Lance (+1 Mil item). 10/10 floors complete for both installations. Gain 2 VP!

That said, the Vanguard are less effective at keeping safe their own people from monsters. Within Pulura's recesses are predators the likes of which few have ever seen, and several of those species avail themselves on the buffet of scientific binders and academic initiates. Lose 2 Sci. Sci at 0! Raise to 1 or higher before EoT 6 or lose 1 VP. What's worse, the Subzero Shoal releases not one, but two apparent causality bubbles of Unknown Entities that will surely go on to ravage the Vanguard worlds if they are not dealt with. Lesser Threat (deals 2 random stat damage per turn if not handled, costs 3 Sci or 6 Mil or Psi in any combination) and Moderate Threat (deals 3 random stat damage per turn if not dealt with, costs 4 Sci or 8 Mil or Psi in any combination) unleashed.

Show
    The legendary Subspace Array is the next generation of interstellar travel: a massive living engine that creates what are effectively instantaneous mass relays, sending signals back through realspace that bypass the fourth dimension. It is effectively miniaturized Veil Gate technology. The faction that holds and activates this Archeotech each Midturn can trade with or invade every system on the game map regardless of distance.

Spoiler: Fission Lab - Tier 3
    Show
    This infamous Archeotech takes the form of a modest-looking facility replete with test tubes of strange liquid and half-bred life forms, feeding into a central reservoir. Its uses are for the perfect replication of biomatter at a single point of space and time. A faction that activates this Archeotech can use it to clone 1 VIP from their faction, up to Tier 3. This clone is created with the minimum XP for their Tier and no attached items, but is otherwise identical to the original VIP.

Spoiler: S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. - Tier 3
    Show
    One of the most insidious pieces of ancient technology, the Arco-Medean program known only as S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. isn't a massive star destroyer or piece of super-architecture. Instead, it is a perfectly crafted swarm of invisible monomolecular nanite robots that are capable of re-writing local reality stacks. These devices have been attuned to individual consciousnesses, reorienting their loyalty indices both subtly and completely over a period of several weeks. When a faction activates S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N., they choose 1 VIP from any faction in the game and permanently take it over. They do not have to announce this takeover; this VIP is now loyal to them and may stay embedded within the faction to cause catastrophic damage or else simply turn sides.

Upon recovering the Subspace Array and the Fission Lab, the Vanguard Corps feel a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has just claimed another piece of the Archeotechs!

Grand Republic of Principia
    Morale 10

Show
    Reputation successfully maintained. Current Reputation: Feared.

Successful delving into Crucible (5/10) and Starfire Citadel (10/10). Gain (+++++++++++++ Eco), (++++++ Sci), 8 bonus XP for the Technocrat Party, and two pieces of a Tier 3 Archeotech (see below). Gain 2 VP!

In the process, the Grand Republic loses 2 Sci and unleashes a Moderate Threat: a rogue starspawn godling, believed to be a sibling to Antares!

Show

Upon claiming the Subspace Array, the Grand Republic feels a call somewhere across the sector. Someone else has just claimed another piece of the Archeotech!

The News, Vol 4 - 13.98.45

The Grand Republic is once more at the forefront of sector-wide news throughout its yearly cycles, as a series of brutal attempts to subvert the War Party's supremacy are brought to light from the government's capital system. Evidence of planned coups from the Totalists - who many mainstream media outlets have portrayed as absolute xenophobes - have surfaced. Disputes have arisen all across the Republic's worlds regarding issues of conscription and the right to bestow non-commissioned officer ranks on non-humans. With President Westpoint's declaration of total war against the Antarean Crusade bringing enlistments to record levels, these Totalist groups attempt to subvert the drafts. It appears many of these groups have been funded and provided information by the UEO and the Crusade itself in an attempt to stall the War Party and keep it occupied. However, thanks to efforts made by allies in the new Sector Assembly, President Westpoint returns for a second term in office. The War Party remains on the march.

Meanwhile, news from Isotropa and Kull has become strangely silent with regard to the rest of the sector. The Believers, whom have at the very least offered open borders to travelers so that they may give witness to the glory of their Unwilling God, have been turning away inquisitive eyes from the borders of their systems of late. The figures of their leadership are everywhere, visiting different worlds each hour, yet the messages they bring no longer speak of unqualified peace. What mission the champions of the Unwilling God will embark on is a mystery to all.

Yet the matters of both the Believers and the Grand Republic pale in comparison to the scope and impact of the narrative that resounds across Principia. For the past several years, tales have circulated through every system of the sector regarding the scientific prowess and brilliant insights of the Vanguard Unit. Their ability to explore the darkest corners of Principia and emerge unscathed - not to mention the glowing endorsements of both the Lunara Collective and the Stewards of Understanding, two beloved factions in their own time - seems to have conferred a sense of legitimate succession to the Vanguard. Already they are looked up to as heirs-prospective to the Arco-Medeans, having shown their boundless wisdom and understanding. Their upwards ascent, currently unchecked, will see them take the position of the new masters of Principia before too long.

Show
    More messing with faction Reputations! Here are the following adjustments for this turn.

• The UEO and the Antarean Crusade attempted to adjust the Reputation of the GRP downwards. Failure. Current Reputation: Feared.
    • The Believers attempted to adjust the Reputation of the Believers downwards. Success! Current Reputation: Neutral.
    • The Vanguard Unit, Sages of Iettis, and the GRP attempted to maintain the Reputation of the GRP. Success! Current Reputation: Feared.

Spoiler: Victory Point Standings
    Show
    • Vanguard Unit (15)
    • Antarean Crusade (12)
    • Unity Party (10)
    • Iron Gods (9)
    • Sages of Iettis VI (8)
    • Muridun (6)
    • UEO, aka Gask Triad & Grand Republic of Principia (4)
    • Believers of the Unwilling God (3)

Imminent Confederations - None

EoTs are due at 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 30th (EST)
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #466

Muridun to the UEO [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    So, we need some information. We are aware that someone has found a piece of the Sundrinker. We would like to know who. I'm sure you can find out for us, we'd owe you a big favour. Or payment, if you prefer.

-Mariana bint-Naiwal

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Archeotech: Looking to Buy
    The Sages are aware of two items of archeotech one known as the Primal Monolith, and one known as the Fission Lab. We are seeking to purchase pieces of both these relics.

18. - Top - End - #468

Spoiler: To the Muridun: MOR 17
    Show

Consider it our debt to you for accepting peace against the Gods when we did. The other holders of the Sundrinker are the Believers of the Unwilling God. We are messaging them in followup to our previous conversation, we will be sure to ask for them to assist you by collaborating with the archeotech.

Wildflower

Spoiler: To the Sages of Iettis IV: MOR 17
    Show

We appreciate your approach to the wars with Anterean and the Iron Gods. It feels like our political systems are beginning to find more measured ground with one another, a space between snap action and complete inaction. Certainly lowers the amount of memos on my desk.

Unfortunately the information shared by the Cortex is... damning to the future of Principe in terms of containing the Iron Gods. They have a massive military output and their newly revealed Tiamat Warheads make it essentially impossible for the United Ecological Order or the Muridun to defend our borders against a precise attack against them. Based on our current calculations, a full assault from the Iron Gods could almost capture a full 3 territories from us despite our complete defensive efforts.

These warheads will also make the mercenaries of the sector assembly near useless against the Iron Gods, they easily have the power to punch through any standard defence we attempt. We would need to arrange for an active military force to attempt to turn back the Iron Gods, but we doubt anyone in the sector has the firepower unless they significantly split their forces.

If we can find an answer to the Warheads, we can accept your status on the war with Anterean, if we have no answer, then we are confident that the Iron Gods need attention faster than Anterean does, considering the GRP began this war.

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling God: MOR 17
    Show

Please let us know your status when it comes to the current battles across the sector.

Additionally, we are going to need your assistance in preparing for the return of the Iron Gods to United Ecological Order space. We've heard your training programs are beyond compare, my second Daughter, Aislin Lithany has been begging me for basic training, I don't want her to be out there without something... beyond. Let me know if I can arrange UEO resources for you as a transfer for continuing this training. I can even speak to Wildflower about getting you access to our spy networks.

Finally, the Sundrinker you possess part of is mostly in the hands of the Muridun, sending your piece to keep would be... damaging to Principia, but leaning them the piece for a decade or two might allow them to draw the Iron Gods into a damning battle.

They will likely reach out about the piece, we'd suggest working with them.

Show

We are sure that the information about the Tiamat Warheads from the Iron Gods should change the evaluation of threats around Principia. We hope you agree.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

Show
    You do have a point there, though not all are the same, coming to principia has taught me a lot about minds and journeys. You have the way of the wanderer in you, and the belief on something greater as well, I do respect that.

OOC: Alright, what exactly is your preferred configuration? assuming you can compromise above just getting it all.

Spoiler: UEO
    Show
    United Friends of us,

We seem financially sound enough, just how many defensive assets would you be willing to part with here (t.Mor, not p.mor)?

As for the situation... Calls for peace have been made, with no reply, it'll be a great shame if no resolution is found, but as said previously, Antares can assuredly hold the line while a more peaceful government is put in place and any aid given is for the case where Antares doesn't want to hold the line.

Of course we are aware that the totalists could end up in power, perhaps in a general election that would be possible given how swayable GRP voters have proven and we are already working on preventing that with stronger laws, but given what we know of them and their popularity, it is only wholly seditious forces undermining the democratic workings of that nation for the sake of personal gain that could ever make the Totalists rise to power on a midterm... Luckily there aren't too many of those in Principia, right?

As for the matter of the warheads, you'll have to enlighten me, I'm afraid the nomads (where I assume this info came from) are wonderfully stingy with their info.

-Theophania, Commander of Auxiliary Thaumathurgy.

Spoiler: Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    As a few years filled with expeditionary fervour pass, and the seats of conference and amenable drinks are put back together "It does seem we got the worst of our precautions, a chance for Alerax's growth was put forth but we avoided it as promised, we trust to get what was lost (1 Sci), I suggest Unity assets for your purchase."

Her expression turns a tad more serious than usual for their conversations, even when dealing with saaay the possible anihilation of a culture. "What would you have for your piece of the Subspace, our own tech pieces, and information on other's are on the table" She passes along a data file that would take some time to get through, with the trust that Asharra is changed enough or has an assistent that can give her the important parts.

Show
    Vanguard Pieces:
    Primal Monolith - Tier 2 (½)
    Pyramid fragments floating through space with no entrances or exits which inspire mad visions in all nearby. When assembled, there is no limit to how they might shape the potential of the collective mind. When activated, the faction holding this Archeotech counts all base stat points as 150% effective for the purposes of all LTPs. This does not include bonus temp stats from trades, other faction abilities, or VIPs.

Fission Lab - Tier 3 (1 / 3 )

S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. - Tier 3 (1 / 3)

One of the most insidious pieces of ancient technology, the Arco-Medean program known only as S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. isn't a massive star destroyer or piece of super-architecture. Instead, it is a perfectly crafted swarm of invisible monomolecular nanite robots that are capable of re-writing local reality stacks. These devices have been attuned to individual consciousnesses, reorienting their loyalty indices both subtly and completely over a period of several weeks. When a faction activates S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N., they choose 1 VIP from any faction in the game and permanently take it over. They do not have to announce this takeover; this VIP is now loyal to them and may stay embedded within the faction to cause catastrophic damage or else simply turn sides.

Spoiler: Believers of The Unwilling God
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous message
    Show
    Instead of a holovid, the message this time arrives as an audio relay, the voice is not from any of the previous delegates to the Unwilling God and there are no imperfections to speak of in it.

"Greettings, there was previously a jointship to decide the matters of GRP and AC, what do you take from their current situation?"

OOC: this one is continued from it.

The voice show something akin to excitement, still a very bland, curated measure of it but it remains there nonetheless. "It has been made known to us that you found a part of the primal monolith.

Would you be keen to trade its ancient shell for current currencies?"

20. - Top - End - #470

Muridun to the Vanguard [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for understanding. It is always good to meet a fellow mind on the journey to discovery.

OOC: I would vastly prefer a compromise, rather than risking my resources and getting nothing. In order of preference, I'd like the LTP (most important), the strategic system (nice to have) and everything else (no real concern.)

If you'd let me have either the LTP or the strategic system, I'll gladly let you have all the other resources confederation offers, and we can split the cost 10/10.

21. - Top - End - #471

Muridun to the UEO [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you. This is extremely valuable information.

Muridun to the Believers of the Unwilling God. [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    Hail, Believers

We have heard that you have come into possession of a piece of the Sundrinker. We want to know whether you would consider selling or trading it, and what you would want for it. We have, for example, excellent intelligence. Or we could offer the use of the Sundrinker itself.

Mariana bint-Naiwal, Minister of Peace

22. - Top - End - #472

The Coalition of the Peaceful to the Vile Demiurges of Ur [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    We assure you, the disciples of God's throne and the refugees under their protection have no desire for war, and if you cease your unprovoked aggression, we likewise have no desire to hurt the people of Ur.
    We can assure you that we will not share any information with the UEO. After all, they have repeatedly denied our quest for a formal alliance, and while they have been useful trade partners, we doubt they will be much more than that in the long term.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

Antarean Crusade
    Mor 21
    Rep: Feared

Show
    Greetings,

Thank you for the knowledge you are passing on to us. We are not surprised the Republic is still on us considering the agressive stance of their war party. We tire of a neighbor so easily manipulated and constantly warring on us.

We would like to deal with this issue one way or another. Are you interested in dealing with the Republic again?

Spoiler: Sages
    Show
    Well we are tired of constantly having war declared on us by the Republic whenever their war party is in power. I think our last response was fairly measured, retaking our lands that were conquered by the Republics war of aggression and stopping there.

However we do not wish for a neighbor that constantly declares war on us whenever a certain party is in power, especially when nations can manipulate them into electing certain parties into power as we saw last time.

We tire of the Republic constantly declaring war on us and nations like you trying to tie our hands for being the defending party. Here is a response from the Republic that makes us doubt their ability to hold to peace.

"I have seen," the Grand Republic statesman says by mean of reply, "and I am less than impressed. Shows of peace are concessions by another name. We have no more words to say to the Antareans, for it is on the corpses of the fireflies that we will build our future. Forgive me, but until you are willing to commit to our offer, I do not see much use in lingering."

President Westpoint looks to whoever the Antareans have sent. "You've got no idea the kind of pain you're in for now, sun. Our new friends in the Sector Assembly and the Vanguard are going to make sure we crush you completely when the time comes. They're all rooting for us, you'll see."

Spoiler: Vanguard
    Show
    Greetings,

Honestly I thought we were getting closure to the same page recently. However we see you communicating with the forces dead set on tying our hands in this war that we did not start or ask for. We tire of the Republic constantly acting against us and declaring wars of aggression against us. This message they sent us is not exactly encouraging.

"I have seen," the Grand Republic statesman says by mean of reply, "and I am less than impressed. Shows of peace are concessions by another name. We have no more words to say to the Antareans, for it is on the corpses of the fireflies that we will build our future. Forgive me, but until you are willing to commit to our offer, I do not see much use in lingering."

President Westpoint looks to whoever the Antareans have sent. "You've got no idea the kind of pain you're in for now, sun. Our new friends in the Sector Assembly and the Vanguard are going to make sure we crush you completely when the time comes. They're all rooting for us, you'll see."
    We have no desire to offer any of our systems to people aiding our enemies.

Spoiler: Grand Republic
    Show
    Oh you still exist? We figured you had descended into insignificance after the beating you took from us and the Gask. Hmm, pity. We shall soon rectify that if you don't get half the system to save you from your own stupidity.

Spoiler: Believers
    Show
    Greetings,

How are things looking from the other side of the collection of idiots that are now called the Grand Republic. We are looking at dismantling the Republic into more manageable systems under different rules where they aren't pulled by the whim of the many into varying degrees of idiocy.

Are you interested in being involved in that?
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

24. - Top - End - #474
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Grand Republic
    Show

Greeting, President Westpoint the Younger,

I shall be blunt. I know your government control 2 pieces of the Subspace Array. You likely know that my patrons have secured remaining schematics and power arrays needed for it to function. Given your current reputation among the sector’s merchant houses and corporations, actual trade between us is for the moment impossible. Do you have some method of providing payment for the final piece, or shall I wait a decade and see if a sale is more possible under a future government?

-Asharra, Priestess of ENLIL, Favoured Voice of Heaven

Spoiler: Vanguard
    Show

“Alerax’s sacrifice is appreciated. As is that of your engineers lost to that temporal wraith they accidentally released on the Playground. I’ve just sent a purchase order to Lefop asking for pricing information. Though going by the alerts and warnings that I’m seeing flaring out through the Eastern Rim it seems like your own efforts went even less cleanly.

She stopped and took a moment to process the information on the Vanguard’s Archaotech, whistling under her breath as she read the details for S.O.V.E.R.I.G.N.

“Under normal circumstances I’m sure that a one for one trade would be perfectly acceptable. But this isn’t quite normal circumstances, is it? Your friends in the Grand Republic have the other two pieces of this array, correct? And they owe you quite a bit, if I’ve read the tea leaves correctly. Given the whole sector’s obsession with arrays like this, the final piece that will allow you to complete it [and gain the VP] seems a bit more valuable than what for all I know is a promising-looking fool’s errand whose other owner would never allow to be completed by us.”

“Oh, and just a minor point – to answer your question about the Tiamat project before the Gaskites bury it under fearmongering? We reverse-engineered the superweapon the Starspawn used to break the Kramagorian defensive lines so thoroughly fifteen years ago. Though our version actually requires less human sacrifice, funnily enough.” She shrugged with a slight smile “Apologies for the eavesdropping.”

Spoiler: Unity Party
    Show

Three orders of business

1. Would it be possible to commission the construction of [1 Sci] for the Vanguard in exchange for [3 Eco]?
    2. Additionally, my patrons would like to purchase [2 mor] for themselves for [4 eco]
    3. Something of a shot in the dark, but would you be interested in purchasing a Hecation Drive or Resonance Adapter? [+1 Sci and/or Psi items]

Spoiler: Murudin
    Show

But of course, why go the effort of sharing the information when the Gaskites surely received a report the very moment you did? And already seem quite eager to spread it around themselves.

The damage is done, regardless. If you actually mean what you say – no publication of any secrets the UEO might not bother to share, no new editions of the codex of demiurgic warfare, no swallowed suns – should you manage to retrieve the final piece of the device – under the dominion of Heaven – then my patrons would happily call an end to hostilities.

Show

25. - Top - End - #475

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of UR: MOR 17
    Show

Now that there is a little more information around the Galaxy, we are curious about your statements regarding displaced citizens. It leaves us at somewhat of an impasse, we, for clear reasons, are hesitant to provide you with materials, but additionally you have at least been a lawful nation and as such we are somewhat confident in your promise of their safety.

What price are you asking for lives? Or are you expecting us to put the value on them first?

Show

The Tiamat Project allows the Iron Gods to pass by the traditional defensive structures set up by most species with enhanced stealth drive missles that disable early warning systems. Simply put, they're proven to have a methods that makes the Sage's previous theory of them being contained, completely invalid.

[OOC: You can read the Muridun's midturn results to see for yourself, but it allows them to sac a stat to lower passive defence by 5 up to 3 times. Even with an impressive passive defence like 30, that would give them the power to capture 4 planets from a nation with their current firepower. This is an exetnential threat to the Galaxy.]

As for the investment opportunity. If the War Party is continuing their war then we cannot send you materials with the knowledge that they will be going to the war party. Considering the rhetoric getting sent to the Crusade we find the idea that they are supposed to simply set up a defensive line and accept the attacks as unreasonable.

If the materials are for personal use, then we are happy with the terms, if they would go to the Republic, we cannot defend those warmongers attacking the nation that came to our defence as two assailants came knocking at our door.

Spoiler: To the Anterean Crusade: MOR 17
    Show

With access to our networks you must have seen what the Muridun learned.

We are currently trying to shift the opinion of the Sector Assembly away from conflict with the Grand Principian Republic, showing them as the Warmongers that they are. Unitl we know that we would not be entering several wars from assisting in your defence, we need to bite our tongues on our current plans of action.

With the revellation of the Iron Gods true capabilities, it's more clear than ever that we need a glut of friends and a lack of enemies. We also know that the Grand Principian Republic can at least read our communications at the moment. If anyone understands what can happen if you speak openly in assumed closed channels, it's us.

Another message to follow.

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling God and The Anterean Crusade: MOR 17
    Show

We would like to offer you a secure summit on Midonia if you have the representatives to spare. Open communication has been compromised. This meeting is only truly needed if the Sector Assembly continues to back the War Party and we would be coming to Anterean's aid.

For those reading, we have set aside Alika Lithany to join a meeting. Let us know if the Sector Assembly no longer supports this War Mongering and we will retract the need to keep things Private.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Show

The price is quite flexible, really, and extremely reasonable.

[6 points of any stat that isn’t morale for 2 permanent points of it, provided that at least one of those six points if Sci. Beyond that, go wild.]

Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity Party
    Morale 11

Spoiler: Announcement
    Show

Good day! We have again found some new tech we do not require currently. We have Quantum Splicers, a piece of tech capable of splitting the fabric of time apart. We are looking specifically for the second half of the recipe of G-23 Paxilon Hydrochlorate. We are also willing to pay for the artifact if the splicers do not interest you and you have this item.

Show

Of course standard offers are available! This is just a special offer. We may accept other offers but they are on case by case basis and we can't guarantee infinite scalability like our monetary offers due to need of liquid funds.

Show

That would be 6 [t eco]. This can be anything from pure credits to some sort of valuable good particularly exotic goods. For example, we have been paid in taxidermy before.

We may accept other resources if you make an offer but not at a nearly as good rate.

Spoiler: The Iron Gods of Ur
    Show

1. Of course! Your purchases can be sent anywhere you wish as long as they are reachable.
    2. Sounds good to us.
    3. We are interested, what would you like for them?

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

28. - Top - End - #478

To the Iron Demiurges of Ur [10]

Spoiler
    Show
    We always mean what we say. Truth is the way of God and Sincerity is how we broken pieces of the Allsoul re-connect with each other. Of course we wish for an end to hostilities.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

The Grand Republic of Principia
    Reputation - Feared
    Morale 10

Spoiler: To the Sages (Public)
    Show
    Well met. Although you are our partner in this - and grand coordinator of aggression against the Antarean Crusade, we want that much made plain - do not mistake our common cause for friendship yet. The War Party's destiny will not be determined by Iettis any more than it will Antares.

Their stars will burn out; humanity will not be denied its chance at vengeance. You do us all a disservice by pretending that this war does not benefit you.

Spoiler: To the Antarean Crusade
    Show
    Your arrogance will be your end. After the Sector bands together to extinguish your light, we will dance on your graves.

Spoiler: To the UEO
    Show
    We know that you can read our messages, terrorists. And that you are likely sharing your information with the Crusade. If they are reading, they should know that their odds are next to none of matching us. With the aid we have obtained from all corners of the sector, we will crush them. You are already seeing it - the Sector Assembly, the Vanguard, the Believers, we will secure their forces and assemble the greatest army that Principia has ever witnessed.

You should abandon them now, lest the shared wrath of the Greater Good fall upon you next.

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling God
    Show
    Greetings again, Believers. You asked for more time to consider our offer, and we have given it to you. Now, thanks to its windfalls exploring various sites and canny investments from our Technocrat friends, we have payment ready and willing to be shipped to Novinus, Kull, or the rest of your itinerant systems.

Please see attached a complete accounting of what we are prepared to offer the Believers this season, and what we hope to gain from the conflict. Hopefully, this purchase will be an exclusive one for what we are offering. We hope not to see any offers to the Antarean Crusade to match the firepower the Republic aims to use on them. That would constitute a default on our deal.

Show
    After delving, the GRP has 21 t. Eco and 10 t. Mor to offer this turn, for a total of 31 t. stats. They want to lease 9 Tiers of Mil VIPs (in any combination), with the 4 additional stats thrown in as a retainer for the Believers' loyalty and a promise that they won't trade with the Antarean Crusade this turn.

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    Hello, demi-gods in iron.

We have not had much to deal with so far, but it seems as though we have an opportunity before us. The Subspace Array, in the right hands, is possibly the most deadly tool in the entire sector. Our fleets would be able to move anywhere unimpeded, to trade or rain hell on those that would oppose us. You seem to agree. However, an incomplete tool does neither of us any favours. I see no profit in giving it to the Vanguard or Sages either - they've already promised us the help we need to fight the Crusade and win.

What do you say we find a way to reach one another in the near future? A few civilizations stand in the way of our respective domains, but what's a little bit of light-work to either of us? I'm sure that you will try to make deals with other administrations on Ranunculus, but the War Party has designs on the Array and will not easily give it up to our rivals in the Republic.

In other words? Cut the sh*t, robots, you're dealing with me.

From the Office of President Westpoint
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-06-07 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

The Sages of Iettis VI
    Morale: 12

Spoiler: The United Ecological Order (Morale: 12)
    Show
    We reiterate that we established the Sector Assembly for the precise purpose of shielding against aggressive expansion. Certainly the Iron Gods have an impressive arsenal, but we see no reason why the Sector Assembly Sentinels would not serve to deter them. The Tiamat warheads while very impressive are limited in scale, whereas the Sentinels will only grow larger as they coordinate more forces.

However even if you are unconvinced by this argument we still believe in the alliance. For as you note no one in the sector has the firepower to challenge them alone. But together we will be stronger. We again extend our offer to join the Sector Assembly. It is the answer to both Antares and the Iron Gods.

Spoiler: Antarean Crusade (Public)
    Show
    We understand your viewpoint, however we do wish to foster peace. What would consider a binding agreement to keep the GRP from declaring war on you again?

Spoiler: Grand Republic of Principia (Public)
    Show
    Peace benefits us more. However your method of government leaves the rest of the sector uncertain of your intentions. What would it take for your make a treaty that bound even your successors?