Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Total War: Principia IC II

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Unity
    Show

Marvellous, allow me to lock in that order now, then. Depending on my patron’s losses and gains in exploration, expect a similarly sized order in a few years time.

A tragedy, regarding the Sages. Though I admit I’m curious as to how the Sector Assembly might continue, with its heart torn out.

Regardless, and not to disrespect the dead, but if they are no longer able to govern their territories and show no interest in resurrection, then there is the matter of how to distribute their territory. Which has the potential to get quite ugly if claims are not agreed upon and respected ahead of time.
    Spoiler: Previous Games
    Show

Won Rise of Kingdoms as the Free City of Khasal
    Lost Hanrui 3 as the Clockwork Republic
    Technically Won Principia 2 as the Iron Gods of Ur
    Won Mandate of Heaven as the Gardeners of the Immortal Flesh

2. - Top - End - #572
    Colossus in the Playground

Coalition of the Peaceful [15]
    To the Urrites:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You should know by now that we value peace very highly and would not harm a soul, even if provoked. If you are willing to continue our treaty, so are we, though we are saddened by the slaughter of those true believers who decided to stay behind on Kantus.

To Unity:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perfect. We would like to purchase at least [30 Sci] immediately*, and likely more if we can organize more funds. We have the funds to trade you 40:32, but would of course welcome any discount.

Would you perhaps take other things in trade? We could, amongst other things, offer the services of our chief minister of finance, Mars al-Sekh, formerly of Equilibrium Incorporated (Eco VIP 2). Or we could offer Archaeotech in trade, for example the second part of the Quantum Splicers. If you are interested in more portable artefacts, we also have an essentia cloak (Mil +2 item).

*before midturn.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity
    Unity 10

With heavy Grodballs we announce the official start of the Unity and Antarean Crusade war. After their declares war a decade ago and continued attempted aggression against Iettis we can't ignore them any longer. What does this mean for trade in the sector? Currently nothing, trade will continue as normal as long as we can though be warned if invaded our ability to trade may be reduced so make sure you buy now! For a better more UNITED future.

Declaring war on Antarean Crusade in response to them declaring war on Vanguard last turn.
    Last edited by Hamste; 2022-06-17 at 01:16 PM.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

The UEO

MOR 23 - REP LIKED

Spoiler: To the Muridun: MOR 23
    Show

We agree, and will send over a diplomat post-haste. Collaboration in the coming years about the redistribution of the Sage's territories will be critical. Would you be inviting others to this Summit, or should I expect to need to summon others to our own meetings.

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of UR: MOR 23
    Show

There is an interesting split within the UEO council, on whether the purpose of the coming years is going to be to prevent the Iron Gods from gaining Sages territory, or if it should be dedicated to aquiring as many as we can and bringing them under our banner of protection.

The latter won out by a single vote, after an impassioned speach about how abandoned the Sage worlds were either way.

We both have access to the same worlds, we have something you want. We should talk. Zenithair, one of our diplomats will be available for a direct conversation about how to handle this sensitive situation, considering both of our forces are likely to fire on sight should we end up in the same orbit.

Spoiler: To Unity: MOR 23
    Show

Simple order, 15 points for 12 points of ESP.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Erinwright Clique (Grand Republic of Principia)
    Show

To the self-styled ‘President’ and his clique of warlords and mutineers.

I won’t mince words; your situation is hopeless. Assemble whatever ragtag flotilla you can command and lead it in the most brilliant, most perfectly executed defence in the history of the sector, and the Iron Gods’ fleets and armies will still overwhelm you.

Our Republic has seen more than its fair share of fratricidal bloodshed, and I implore you not to add any more to its bloody history. Surrender, I beg of you. I can promise amnesties for you and all your men, and posts in my government or passage to a world of their choice, as they like. If you have any other conditions, I would be overjoyed to hear them.

Enough Principians have already died, let us not add more to the tally.

-President Julian Wyatt

Spoiler: UEO
    Show

Very well. I shall attend the meeting personally. Specify the time and place.

Show

My apologies, but it seems my accounting was slightly off. Mypatrons will actually require [17] Sci, not [16]. Shall we say [17 Sci, 3 Mil] for [25 Mor]?

Spoiler: All, Public
    Show

The Gods could never hope to offer the deals on basic materials offered by the Unity, and would never dream of trying. However, recent expeditions into the Horizon Depths and Ruined Republics have left my patrons in possession of certain exotic technologies whose benefits they are willing to share!

For reasonable compensation, of course.

Specifically
    -They can offer advanced warning of any major events that will change the playing field in the decade to come, with up to five years notice. Wouldn’t you like five years warning of the Umbra coming back?
    -They can shift the reputation of you or any other principality you name by up to two steps in either direction.

The exact price of either is open to negotiation, and any reasonable offer.

In other news, at the behest of the Great God GILGAMESH, I would publicly announce that the Gods have acquired one or more pieces of the following Archaotech, and would be very interested for purchasing or trading for any other components for any of them.

-The Font of Inspiration
    -S.O.V.E.R.I.G.N.
    -The Quantum Splicers

Show

6. - Top - End - #576

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods: MOR 23
    Show

Time is as soon as possible for the beginning of the meetings, our representative can be there on extremely short notice.

The location is attached, it is on the edge of UEO space and is likely within range of your defensive cannons. As close to neutral as we can arrange for at this time.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

Focus

The All-Code, and Log, considered by many the smartest beings in the sector, the ascended of Ur, and according to some theories, all that is: born, from the stroke of keys, as it continued to go.

Within a Habitational compound from the Delian Rings, in a room that played the line between a messy recreational room or a tidy workplace, keystrokes of the making could be heard, what was on the making far more or far less important, depending on your spiritual inclinations.

Dr Echail, the man behind the current making, was a human. Still the most populous species within the sector despite the unkind treatment their enclaves received, previously one could say with some confidence such was limited to the galactic south west, but every day the line seemingly grew closer until the only place you could invariably say humanity was not in decline was east of the Prince’s Prism systems and even those kept moving east.

Much of Principia’s story is long lost, and with it the reasoning for their inadverted growth, for humanity had many flaws. Amongst them, a prohibitive need for rest which our good Dr was so carelessly ignoring, a sliding door opened down the hall. The lack of rest would dull another of their great flaws, senses much below par, footsteps became audible. On Dr Echail’s scarcely augmented body the hearing and smell were downright pathetic, were he to look perhaps, he’d have seen the shadow that whisked through the room’s threshold, the footsteps now approached him, ever louder.

Oh! that sight! perhaps the best of his senses, and what of it? locked to the screen in willing mimicry of almost every maker before him, the footsteps stopped behind him, the last chance of his ears. Enthralled by his work, nothing did save him, a lunging arm found their resting place upon a receding hairline that proved any sort of genetic treatment was optional within the Vanguard.

He was motionless, nervous, his eyes yet locked to the skin as alien eyes showed themselves by his side. The hand able and positioned to pin him in place as he attempted to continue his work, feigning ignorance, a toothed mouth slowly opening far too near the soft exposed neck that would have made the list as well. A sound of gnashing teeth followed.

“So, I have the graveyard shift today, what’s your excuse?” the seemingly grabbing hand turned milimetrically to petting as the question lingered.

The Dr swallowed saliva, the screen was clearly visible and It didn’t take a PHD (which Dr Duccidas behind him also had) to just read a bit, so his nature opted for the sort of cheeky reply his mind may have objected to “Would you believe it was for my job?”

“Are they paying you for it?” She indulged his line of questioning.

“You know that’d be against the point” he grasped for any straws that may be near him, the fact that the cohabitation had never seen an actual plant powerless to deter him.

“Yes, and I recognize the benefits it brings you... but we can’t call it a job now, can we?” ahh, his mind’s “I told you so” to his heart would have been such a beauty had the brain not been too preoccupied with wallowing in defeat.

Priorities shifted, he instead attempted to share some of his current work and make the most out of his red handed capture “I’d admit to some wrongdoing *mumble*Not that you haven’t spent some late nights on online discussions*mumble* but you have to see Log’s recent talks on the nature of self glimpsed during the dome’s construction, they are something else! chapter 3 is basically rewritten if looked through the new lense…”

She listened for a bit, her smile a little less grinny and eventually letting a sigh walk through unimpededly. “...Would you have rather worked on the dome these last few years?”

Dr Echail turned back with some concern, grabbing two of the hands that weren’t in his head “I would have liked to be there, of course, but I already spent enough of Cotiso’s life away from him, I missed Caty’s birth and regardless of how transient the occasion out there, I’d rather see it through a proxy than see my kid’s life the same way.”

The rustling of hairs and a peck on the cheek seemed proof that his answer was the correct one, at least for his family, if not the encouraging words that followed before she left “Alright, you earned this night, just make sure you wake up on time to see them off… And I’ll take a little blame for my late nights too, but you can’t just read these people without talking back, if all they said about the Sundrinker was true Principia would have already ceased to be!”

“I know, I know” He chuckled, it would always intrigue him what things his wife was passionate about and he at least thanked just in general, that he still seemed to top the list.

A few more minutes minutes were spent on his labor, transcribing the words and works of the giant’s Rainbow Tell stood on, but it didn’t take long for his focus to be completely loss, he had an early morning, he shouted a quick a quick “Update” at a spider-like robot, fluttering through messy walls of pictures and quotes, and adding new strings in between them.

On his way out he yawned, a decidedly human custom with the main function of alerting predators that a soon to be vulnerable human is near; then turned off a nearby candle, the pleasant scent of which helped him concentrate. Its contribution to an altar’s simile pleasing him to no end too.

Morale: 18

Spoiler: Coalition of the Peaceful
    Show
    Greetings,

We appreciate the measure of trust, as regardless of your praise, our charity seems insufficient. H.E.L.L.I.O.N would be extremely handy for matters of land distribution after all...

Still, we can agree than it is certainly in Principia's best interest if the Sages are not inclined to a reestructuring (which the Sector Assembly is entirely capable of) then their lands are better kept between the powers you summoned with the possible exception of Ultrum's host, we are yet to ascertain their intentions but rewarding an undeclared attack with some of their territory may not be the best way to honour regardless of how good those intentions may have been.

Times are hard, don't make them harder,
    -Udarix, Strategos of the northern fringe and master of the lense.

Spoiler: Believer of the Unwilling Pantheon
    Show
    A psychic projection, exclusively a voice, reached out to whoever the regular diplomat was, the tone a bit more serious than the one usually shared between those that could once have been considered the greatest of neighbours and the grandest defenders of Principia.

"No one is happy, not the administration, who gets to organize billions of new shipments for worlds devoid of their previous infraestructure. Not the lower ranks, working their patrols so much further away from their families, not the higher ranks, with talks of lost honour and betrayal. Your bigger defender is asleep as well.

I'm not happy, but you said you had to talk, and I'd like to check if what you'd say is enough. I suggest you take that chance"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I hereby request that VIP meetup, tell me yes and I'll ask cultist to create a channel.

Show
    I suppose a meeting, aside from all that may arise with other powers, is in order. Care to join?

-House Liase

Show
    formal request to keep our channel going.

Spoiler: Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    Theophania, sadly (or happily, yeah, most people didn't enjoy their time on a warzone) arrived afterwards, her usual stays were around the big conference, with small stays during special cases as it happens, the Ultrumite attack occured during a week that saw her dealing with matters in Flare I.

She appreciated the invitation when it came, and her ship, similarly old depending on how you felt about Theseus and his ships, docked in parallel to hers, taking some of the strain from hers.

She looked at the reply somberly, only speaking to reply to her "Is okay, some nostalgia is understandable and gruesome as it may be I'll rather have the real thing than the curated versions."

"nothing sure, I don't intend to let Antares off the hook without major changes at least." she caught herself reaching for an unexistant cup of tea out of custom and as a sure tell of just how distracted she was by the sector as a whole "Could you cut defending the GRP from my choices? the Sages had some wishes and regardless of what The Vanguard's opinion on their inclusion was, keeping them alive seems like the easiest one."

Show
    Sorry, but I had to retcon a bit there because
    A) Theophania isn't a permanent resident in Haven, which is why I usually end the chats with "see you at the next conference" or something of the sort.

B) I'm not having a psyker that can go toe to toe with Antares just witnessing the invasion of an ally (regardless of how nominal) in first row seats while she does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

8. - Top - End - #578

The Coalition of the Peaceful [15]

The Urrites
    Spoiler
    Show
    We do have the second part of the quantum Splicer. What are you offering for it?

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ogre in the Playground

Antarean Crusade
    Mor 20
    Rep: Feared

Show
    Greetings,

We will happily accept an invitation of meeting. We shall send our Iron Star to meet with you amd keep channels open once more

Antares
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Sages of Iettis VI
    Reputation - Neutral
    Morale 0 (All Public)

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of Ur & the Sector Assembly
    Show
    The response that comes back to Ur can barely be made out over the baseline cosmic radiation emanating from the now vacant stars. The signal is barely any better when it reaches Flare I or Uquol.

We are abandoned and left alone. The so-called Believers have taken everything from us, and will no doubt call it justice. And they call us hypocrites, for merely seeking peace in our time. There are only a few friends left, not even enough to perform a full broadcast, but everyone can likely read this. It does not matter now - the Sages of Iettis VI are disbanding.

We have standing deals with the rest of the Sector Assembly - which we are outlining below - but did not think to leave the Iron Gods out in the cold. You have embraced redemption at our behest and have been a reliable ally for many years. As our light leaves these stars for the last time, there are still those among us that seek retribution for having been wronged without provocation. The Garuda, now recovered from his ordeal in Jahwara, boils at the chance to make war on the cowards and liars of Principia. Please make him feel welcome when he arrives in your territory.

I believe that he is looking to even scores particularly with the Antareans and the Believers, but I hope that you point him at the UEO as well, for they directly funded the Antarean invasion and have been irrationally set against us from the start.

Show
    There is little point in making a PM, as the fate of the Sages is pretty much sealed at this point. They are making the following arrangements for their VIPs and territories as a final gift to certain factions.

• Garuda (Mil 4 VIP) along with the Emerald Beacon (Tier 1 Archeotech) will be going to the Iron Gods. The Beacon will be activated for +6 Mil this turn, making that a total of 14 net Mil added to the Gods' war machine.
    • MEMRA (Sci 2 VIP) along with a +1 Sci item and 1/3 of the Fission Lab (Tier 3 Archeotech) will be going to the Vanguard to use to clear as many installations as possible and hopefully win the game.
    • Aether (Psi 3 VIP) along with 1/3 of the Font of Inspiration (Tier 3 Archeotech) and 1/3 of S.O.V.E.R.E.I.G.N. (Tier 3 Archeotech) to Unity.
    • Opening up their remaining Installations for the Sector Assembly to delve this Midturn. They have five: the Axial Coronet (0/10), the Silent Quarter (0/10), the Chains of Orthrys (0/10), the Puzzle Box (0/20), and the Utter Void (0/10). The Sages recommend that the Vanguard delve as many as possible this Midturn for maximum VP (would be another 6 added if all 60 floors can be cleared).

Grand Republic of Principia
    Reputation - Dreaded
    Morale 4

Spoiler: To the Believers of the Unwilling Pantheon & the Sector Assembly
    Show
    The holovid that plays over Novinus Prime, Flare I, and really to all of Principia portrays the deck of a ship in orbit, with a Veil Gate in the background of the screen capture. Several figures in uniform stand on the deck, but the one speaking is a pasty-skinned, slightly pudgy man with a greasy combover. His eyes are frigid as he speaks directly to his audience.

"This is President-in-Exile Revadas Erinwright, coming to you from deep orbit somewhere in the Nagato system. I won't waste your time with pleasantries or fiery rhetoric. I'm told that the time for masks is over, that humanity has been beaten. First by the Antareans, now by the Urrites, we have been devastated and scattered, and face our imminent ending. Do not make the mistake, friends, of believing what Ur intends through their puppet Wyatt is anything but hegemony."

Erinwright pauses. "We do not care to speak to the Gods, as they did not care to tell any of us before tearing the skies open and descending on us like some horde of demons. Instead, the true Republic addresses those that have made deals with us in the past and kept their bargain. We haven't always seen eye to eye with xenos such as yourselves, but necessity is a harsh teacher. Although there are those in my cabinet who would rather stand alone against this threat, I believe that to be shortsighted."

"Humanity needs your aid. Who will help us find a new home?"

Show
    Put simply, the Grand Republic wants to be conquered this turn by literally anyone who is not the Iron Gods. That is realistically going to be the Believers or the Vanguard on behalf of the Sector Assembly. Although they can't be confederated like a proper NPC faction can, they can let themselves be invaded by the two of you while leaving an Active Defense for the Iron Gods to make their investment to take their territories all that much harder (and deny them use of the Tiamat Warheads).

What promises can you offer them in exchange for absorbing the rest of their people and territory?

Spoiler: To the Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    There is no formal reply to President Wyatt's plea for surrender. Instead, what makes it to Urrite space after the Erinwright video is a series of distorted noises, followed by five clear pips over the network. To a network of peerless encryption specialists and codebreakers, the intended meaning is clear.

Public: The Grand Republic of Principia declares war on the Iron Gods of Ur.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

11. - Top - End - #581

The Coalition of the Peaceful to the Grand Republic [15]

Spoiler
    Show
    You wish for someone to come to the aid of humanity. We are as human as anyone, and I think we have an offer for you that no one else can make. But we must speak more privately, if possible.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Vanguard
    Show

Asharra nodded agreeably. “It’s certainly possible, if we can be confident that they won’t be snapped up by a hostile power. I’m assuming your superiors are more than a bit spooked the amount of firepower the Believers just showed off as well? The general strategic imperative was to limit the amount of resources they or the Starspawn had easy access to.” She shrugged slightly “And get them for ourselves, of course. Hitting the Antareans was too difficult and they seemed the least popular of the soft targets.”

“Of course, that does lead to the topic of what the Armada would be used for instead, if not finally dealing with the Republic. So, you mentioned the Sages, yes? Does Rainbow Tell have any strong opinons about how their territories will be distributed?”

Show
    Ah totally fair, my bad

Show

We can provide a total of [20 stats]. If it’s more useful to you, [10] can be provided at midturn for transmutation by the Unity.

Show

13. - Top - End - #583

The Urrites:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is acceptable, thank you.

Unity:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We now have a total of 55 stats to trade. Can we trade all of that in for sci?

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The Believers of the Unwilling Pantheon
    Rep: Neutral
    Morale 10

Spoiler: The Vanguard
    Show

Show

Sure lets do it!

Spoiler: The GRP
    Show

Show

Will have to wait after midturn honeslty.

Spoiler: The Iron Gods
    Show

Show

Peace talks were kind of happening last turn if you wanted to continue them im up for it.

“Have no fear, you will find your way. It's in your bones. It's in your soul.”- Mark Z. Danieleweski, House of Leaves

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity
    Unity 10

Spoiler: Vanguard
    Show

Of course, we would love to come to your meeting

Show

Apologies, with Iettis, leaving all their installation to us and very few years to explore them before the total collapse we are a bit occupied. We can trade you 20 science right now, and if you still need more we can give more in a few years (after midturn). Again apologies for an inconvenience we will happily only do 6:5 ratio to make up for it.

Show
    Only 20 sci is available but they will only charge 24 stats for it.

Last edited by Hamste; 2022-06-19 at 05:22 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Coallition of the Peaceful
    Show

Marvellous. You’ll get the first shipment presently – is 10 Eco acceptable? Most likely followed by another 10 in five years, but that does depend on how some expositions turn out.

One additional offer, and feel free to take or leave – My patrons are, unsurprisingly, quite curious as to how exactly the Believers pulled off their one hour genocide of the entire Iettian Empire. If you could persuade whoever makes these decisions to point your Codex at them and see if we should be worried about a repeat performance, my patrons would be quite grateful. In return, I’d be happy to forward the reading O.R.A.C.L.E. gives us about what galactic event to expect in the coming decade. Or organize a propaganda campaign on your behalf for whoever you like and shift their reputation two steps on way or another. Your choice, really.

Spoiler: Believers of the Unwilling Pantheon
    Show

[OOC: Three points, really

1-Status quo peace is perfectly fine with me. We both have better uses for our mil, I’m sure.
    2- If you have any intentions on the Sages former territory, happy to talk to hopefully avoid unplanned for unpleasantness
    3- Don’t have any mil items to sell at the moment, but doing quite a bit of delving this turn and happy to offer you right of first refusal to buy any I find.
    4- Regarding the future of the GRP – I’m willing to hold off and let take one or both of their remaining systems for yourself, provided a) you do grab it and help them off b) you give me some understanding with regard to the Sage territory I’m eyeing (other side of the map from you anyway) and c) you provide a bit of compensation. [5 Sci] in time for midturn, [5 Mil] (or equivilent, tier 2 vip with an item or whatever’s fine) for EOT, or potentially slightly more in other stats, per system.

So, thoughts?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

Spoiler: Iron Gods of Ur
    Show
    Theophania doesn't seem to find the words for a moment before she clarifies her position on the Believers "There are concerns... not for our sake specifically or for their power, but because the attack on the Sages of all people reads as too erratic for our taste, we'll do our best to keep the GRP from joining them instead of us."

"The sages had the bigger scoop, before the Ultrumite incident erased their records, but Antares' forces were decimated, if you are looking for easy land.

"Now, if the Armada of heaven really can take nothing that bites back, Unity and us are still working out the kinks of dividing it, but The Vanguard is very unlikely to concern itself with (75) and (77)."

Show
    We are waiting on some questions that Cultist can't really answer right now and I oughta sleep, so I'm probably taking the pass Eldan was allowed for tomorrow. 75 and 77 are my best estimate of systems none of us are even going to bother making a lane to.

Show
    Greetings,

It seems, as you have probably heard yourself, that the Sages do not wish to burden us with reconstruction, while Unity and us in The Vanguard will remain the main arbiters of their territory, it would stretch us far enough to be detrimental, let us know what systems you would like and we will do our best to convince Unity to safeguard others.

It still puzzles us why you would rescind our previous agreement for archaotech sharing, but we would regardless like to ask you use the Matrioshka Cortex (born of that same agreement) on Antares. In return we can let you know just what others discuss behind their encryption (bar the Iron Gods who have grown a bit too big for our methods) and allow you unimpeded exploration of 42, rescinding our previous agreement that the honour would go to us, if you somehow feel you'd need any more incentive to do so let us know.

With respect,
    -Udarix, Strategos of the northern fringe and master of the lense.
    Show
    We are waiting on some questions that Cultist can't really answer right now and I oughta sleep, so I'm probably taking the pass you were allowed for tomorrow, only land I can confidently say no one else is taking is 40 (I'm taking 39 and 73, not sure what, Unity is taking everything near them and Antares is probably salivating so I wouldn't trust anything near them) but I'll need some sort of assurance to keep that as is. Also I may need you to let a Believer army pass through your land, I'll let you know.

Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

18. - Top - End - #588

Vanguard
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are not sure what agreement you mean that fell through. If you speak of HELLION, that we are still sending you this decade, as previously agreed.

Furthermore, we have different plans with the Matryoshka Cortex this decade and will not be able to trade access. In the interest of our defence, we will have to use it on the greatest direct threat to us, which is not Antares. It is nice that you offer us exploration to 43, but we will have defer on that, as we can already not bring up enough Sci this decade to investigate all the installations we do have, as Unity have reached their limit very early.

As regards Sages territory, we already do not have enough capacity, as previously mentioned, to explore the installations we have, so we also do not have enough to engage in much hyperlane traffic. We would just re-integrate the territory of Equilibrium Incorporated, which we previously split in Confederation negotiations with the Sages, so we would take 73. We're sure Mars Van Quet will be more than happy to see his old territory again.

The Iron Gods of Ur
    Spoiler
    Show
    We are sorry to say that our deal is most likely off. Unity has informed us that they have reached their trade capacity, so they can not make us a deal to convert the resoures you are offering into anything useful to us.

OOC: Yeah, I'm at stat capacity, so Eco does nothing for me at all anymore, unless it's enough to build an LTP with on its own. Sorry.

Unity
    Spoiler
    Show
    That is, frankly, horrible to hear. We will still gladly take the [20 sci], but it is very disappointing to hear and will likely make several other large deals we had lined up fall through. Do you have other stats you can offer? Esp perhaps?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-06-20 at 04:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity
    Unity 10

Show

We have 1 extra sci we have found, Dek's bodies [a tier 3 Morale vip], and 6 items that give a variety of benefits but none of which are esp. Mostly mil and psi. We also have Gel's Bodies but the price for them is inflated due to their use in our projects and not worth it unless you want to do projects.

To clarify we are at our cap for right now. We might be able to still change your stats at a later point.

Show

Can convert your stats at EoT if that works for what ever your deal with Ur is, I'm just out at this midturn.

Last edited by Hamste; 2022-06-20 at 05:56 AM.

Show

20. - Top - End - #590

To Unity: [15]
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: How much can you trade at midturn? I still need as much sci as possible then.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity
    Unity 10

Show

21 sci is the max then a variety of items and Vip who aren't sci that were listed because you asked for other stats.

Show

22. - Top - End - #592

To Unity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright. In that case, we'd like to buy [20 science] now, and about [30] more in five years.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Spoiler: Coalition
    Show

Unfortunate. I could provide [10 Sci] directly for the first installment, but for much the same reason as you, this is much more costly to my patrons than providing the equivalent value in [eco] or [mor].

Two possibilities

1. First installment of [10 sci] now, reduce the second installment to [5], but with the promise that if [sci] is uncovered during this cycle's explorations that is how it will be paid.
    2. [10 Sci] now, [10 whatever] in five years, but you accept my other offer and target the Matroshankya Codex at the Believers. (Though I admit I'm curious enough about how this all works that I wouldn't complain if you target the Unity, even if it's less strategically vital)

If you have some other way of making this work, I would love to hear it.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594

To the Iron Gods [15]

Spoiler
    Show
    I think 10 Sci now, 5 whatever at EOT is acceptable.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ettin in the Playground

Unity
    Unity 10

Spoiler: UEO
    Show

Very good, we will reserve it for you when it is time to do the mass send out.

Show

Putting you at reservation #1 for EoT

Show

Very good, we will send the requested technology and reserve the requested resources. You are currently second in the reserve list.

Spoiler: Midturn
    Show

17 sci and 3mil sent to Iron Gods for 25 stats
    20 sci sent to Coalition of the Peaceful for 24 stats (assuming they accept the deal)
    25 sci, Eins (3 sci), both cranial implants, both Hecation drives for a total of 35 sci sent to explore Axial Coronet (0/10), the Silent Quarter (0/10) and the Chains of Orthrys (0/10) and half explore the Utter Void (Axial coronet gets my vip and all the items)

Activate Essence Refractory (targeting Unity), Egalitarium Activate, Paxilon hydrochlorate targeting Unity

Show

26. - Top - End - #596

Coalition of the Peaceful - Midturn [GM only]

Spoiler
    Show
    Really simple midturn, here:

Trading 9 Psi (4 from Trust, 1 from stats, 4 from fountains), 15 Eco (2 from fountains, 13 from stats) to the Sages for 20 Sci

Trading Quantum Splicers to the Iron Gods for 10 Sci

Trading 6 Mil to Antarean Crusade for 5 Sci

Activating Matryoshka Cortex, targeting Iron Gods.

Increasing Republic's rep so they can trade with me.
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-06-20 at 09:34 AM.

27. - Top - End - #597
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

The Iron Gods of Ur

Show

Trade: Sending 15 Mor, 7 Eco, 3 Eco from Trust to the Unity
    Sending 10 Sci to the Coalition
    Receiving 17 Sci, 3 Mil (for EOT) from Unity
    24 Sci Total

Exploration
    20 Sci worth of priests, acolytes, angels and auto-compilers descend on the Numinous Archives like an endless tide of jackels, not content until every last work held within the mad scribes’ fortress monasteries are catalogued, digitized, and fully understood

Routes
    1 Sci; 4-3

Archaotech

Activate O.R.A.C.L.E
    Activate Analyst Equations
    Activate Shrike (Songbird currently tier 2, 0/10)
    Activating Mindslaver for 3xExtra rep adjustments
    Complete Quantum Splicers, if Coalition sends me the second piece

Unsurprisingly, the sudden and utterly unprovoked invasion of the Grand Republic has not been great for the general public’s opinion of the Gods. The competence with which the Gods seized humanity’s heartlands and the famously entrenched fortress monastaries has done quite a bit to make sure their aura of invincibility and inevitable victory is stronger than ever.

Reducing my own rep to Feared
    Increasing the Coalition’s Rep twice
    Last edited by St. Justicar; 2022-06-20 at 09:41 AM.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Vanguard Unit Z-358

Show
    Rep: keeping mine as is

Memra (tier 2 Sci), The all-code (tier 3 Sci), The sages' +1 Sci item, and a set of Retroreflective Conduits (+1 Sci item) Ka I and Log (tier 4 Sci) (20 points total) will explore the Puzzle box in sage space.

Dr Echail. Tier 1 Sci, 2 Sci, several AI Datacores(+1 Sci item) and 2 esp will clear the last 5 levels of the Utter Void.

3 Sci to build a route from 32 to 73
    I'll be activating both the primal monolith and time in a bottle.

29. - Top - End - #599

Spoiler: MIDTURN
    Show

Maintaining own rep. No other actions.

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

Antarean Crusade
    Rep: Feared
    Mor: 20

Show
    Rep: Raise GR Reputation

Making 2 routes: Zultar to 25 and Zultar to 26

Trading 4 Sci and 1 Esp to Coalition
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear