New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Thrushmoor Terror, Part 2 [IC]

Brother Jaume will gather the scrolls and stuffs them in his belt. He makes a gesture to the others and then waits.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Colossus in the Playground

St. Dorn says to the group, "Brother Jaume thinks we should take everything."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Vilma nods from the entrance.

"I agree, we take everything."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

4. - Top - End - #244

Okay, the group has gathered up everything. Now what?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ nudges Vilma out into the hallway.

6. - Top - End - #246

Flair lingers, looking over the notes, and sees the following names called out:
    • Dorn Krolaeg Blackminer
    • Jaume Pau Brodeur
    • Maeni Llioredn
    • Krisztina Boyka Marquering
    • Gherardo Flaviano Pavesi
    • Jens Ronnie Turnbull

Flairs knows he experienced others, but no matter how hard he tries, he has only vague flashes of others, but nothing fixed .... not even enough of a memory to describe someone not on this list to another, and definitely not their names. If he asks any of the others, everyone else here likewise has the same issue ... fleeting images of others not listed, but not enough to verbalize a description, and definitely not enough to remember names.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Vilma slowly advances down the corridor.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #248

The rest of the party continues south along the corridor behind Vilma as well. Vilma gets to the next door to the west, which is directly across the hall from the window to the east overlooking the entrance to the manor.

Now what?
    Show

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

She points at the door.

"Ready ?"

10. - Top - End - #250

St. Dorn looks to Flair, "Check the door clear from the north side, I'll be on the south to back up Vilma, and when you give the safety-go, whe'll breech. Sound good?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair frowns as he looks on the list. Logically, there was no reason that he shouldn't be able to remember the others. He remembered there being at least two iterations of Briarstone, he remembered losing his crossbow when he dropped it and shifted before he could pick it up. He remembered the fight against the Tatterman and the ritual to pull the asylum out of the Dimension of Dreams. But nothing about the people he fought with except the group at the end. He's pretty sure that some of them died, but he can't recall any of the specifics anymore, and that bothered him. Were they only possible versions and not real people? If do, did that mean that they never could have actually succeeded to get out of the Asylum, as they never really existed? Or were all of them equally possible and their victory 'locked' Flair and his teammates in as the 'real' people? Did they create the universe, or had it molded its history for them? Did that imply that the other iteration failed, or that they succeed and went on to live in their own timeline, creating/molding another universe that was only briefly parallel to ours via the Dimension of Dreams?

Dorn's words shook Flair from his solipsism as he focused on the task at hand. He nodded and moved into position, promising himself to think deeper on the topic when he had the opportunity.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2022-06-25 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ grips his staff and waits for the door to open.

13. - Top - End - #253

Vilma opens the door. This is another bedroom appointed in the same style as the previous .... sans a vat of vinegar and gruesome corpses.

Everyone, it definitely sounds like not-that-stealthy folk hiding in the room.

Begin Round One ...

R1T27: There's the sound of a woman casting from the north side of the door, just inside the room!

R1T23: Winter responds by casting a spell of her own on herself. She then moves to the south of the hallway, by St. Dorn. Meanwhile, a little trickle of blood comes down her nose, but that's it.

R1T21: A man's voice is heard casting a spell from the south side of the door, just inside the room!

R1T21: Brother Jaume, what do you do? The door just opened is adjacent-west of Vilma.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-06-25 at 02:41 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will delay until the way is cleared.

15. - Top - End - #255

R1T21: Brother Jaume delays ...

R1T18: St. Dorn casts a spell, giving a litany against the wages of sloth, at the one enemy he can see (to the north). He then moves past Vilma and into the room. The northern enemy doesn't attack, but the southern does as a rapier can be seen striking out to catch against the saint's studded leather briefly. He then jukes south out of view of Vilma but calls out, "Vilma, step in five feet so we can flank the man to the south! You'll also be flanked, but you have armor. Focus attacks to south."

R1T7: Flair, what do you do?

Vilma on deck, northern enemy in the hole, Brother Jaume delaying...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair can't get a good view on anything in the room, so he waits until Vilma moves in so he can get into a better position.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Delay until after Vilma moves.

17. - Top - End - #257

R1T7: Flair can't get a good view on anything in the room, so he waits until Vilma moves in so he can get into a better position.

R1T6: Vilma, what do you do?

Blue on deck, Winter in the hole, Brother Jaume/ Flair delaying ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Vilma steps in, calls Mitani for help, then attempts to bash some skulls.

"Don't be too slow then !"

Show
    5 foot step W, then using my remaining judgement for destruction (+2 damage), and standard attack on the southern one, with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+8)[13] Potential +2 from flanking
    Damage - (1d8+9)[15] +2 from Destruction judgement

Then I'll use my immediate action on the first attack that's flanking me, for Split Second Defense, making it not flanking me.

19. - Top - End - #259

R1T6: Vilma steps in, calls Mltani for help, then attempts to bash some skulls, but completely misses. She calls out, "Don't be too slow, then!"

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T27:
    Blue, a robed woman to the north that is standing atop a low table (high ground advantage, but not enough to put her at 5' elevation), attacks Vilma with her rapier but at the last second Vilma's insight helps her as she ducks back enough for the rapier to scrape lightly against her armor.

R2T23: Winter moves in and, while being no acrobat, yet manages to tumble quickly enough to foil any attacks for her movement. On the downside, she tries concentrating on and effect and apparently fails as nothing happens.

R2T21: The man to the south (Red), attacks Vilma from flanking, but hers is a steel shell of forged protection.

R2T18: St. Dorn gives a single strike that hits the man in his lower right arm for 10. "Flair, Brother Jaume, fill in!"

R2T6: Vilma, what do you do?

Brother Jaume/ Flair delaying, Blue on deck, Winter in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ grips his staff and moves south in the hallway until adjacent to the door and Vilma. Grimacing at the prospect of moving through a space flanked by two opponents, the intrepid Moneric moves in, following Dorn’s saintly direction. He steps into Vilma’s space and then immediately to the SW putting him next to the male combatant. If able, BJ will attempt to disarm the man with a powerful flick of his staff or if the man is fighting unarmed, swing a NL punch at his head.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: move S in the hallway until adjacent to the open door and Vilma. He then moves one square West into Vilma’s square and then five feet to the SW, ending his movement.
    SA:try to disarm red opponent. If unarmed, he will strike him with a NL punch strike.
    to disarm - (1d20+10)[29] reduce score by two since powerful maneuvers doesn’t include disarm.
    to hit - (1d20+8)[11]
    to damage - (1d8+5)[6]
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-06-30 at 10:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair growled in frustration. "Winter, I'm gonna shuffle us; get ready" He then used the power of Obhai to move them around the room, stepping out of danger range once he arrives.
    Show
    SA: Use Ethereal Jaunt to move myself and Winter (I can move a number of targets equal to my binder level, and 10 feet from our starting squares. I move one square southwest and one square west (ending where Winter was) and Winter moves one square southwest and one south (ending up on the 'bed').
    5 foot step west.

22. - Top - End - #262

R2T17: BJ grips his staff and moves south in the hallway until adjacent to the door and Vilma. Grimacing at the prospect of moving through a space flanked by two opponents, the intrepid Moneric moves in, following Dorn’s saintly direction. Blue completely misses him, but Red stabs Brother Jaume in the buttocks as he goes by for 6. Brother Jaume then moves out of that dangerous point and southwest to threaten the man. He then disarms the man with a powerful flick of his staff, knocking the rapier to the ground.

R2T16: Flair growled in frustration as he steps into the doorway to be able to see the porting destinations. "Winter, I'm gonna shuffle us; get ready." He then used the power of Obhai to move them around the room, stepping out of danger range once he arrives.

Blue on deck, Winter in the hole ...
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Now flanked, Vilma keeps hacking at Red, still standing between both cultists to keep them also in a disadvantageous position.

Show
    Attack with Risky Strike on Red.

Attack - (1d20+8)[19] flanking not counted.

Damage - (1d8+9)[11] +2 from destruction judgement not counted.

24. - Top - End - #264

R1T6: Now flanked, Vilma keeps hacking at Red, still standing between both cultists to keep them also in a disadvantageous position. Her morningstar punctures and bludgeons Red's inner right elbow for 13 as he gives a yell of pain.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T27:
    Blue does a terrible fakeout attempt on Vilma and then clearly misses.

R2T23: Winter backs up against the far while taking out her dagger. She begins another stirring dramatic monologue from a Pharasmin passion play.

R2T21: Disarmed of his rapier, Red draws his dagger and thrusts against Vilma's armor, but then steps out of being flanked.

R2T18: St. Dorn fills right into the spot vacated by Red. He concentrates and casts a spell on Brother Jaume ...

R2T17: Brother Jaume, St. Dorn just gave you a guidance. You know he gets annoyed if you hoard it "just in case." What do you do?

Flair on deck, Vilma in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume focuses his wrath on the cultist to the South with a flurry of strikes with his quarterstaff.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

attack red cultist
    FAA, Risky Strike, Flurry with a NL punch with stunning fist and then quarterstaff, spend a point of Ki for extra attack.
    First attack use guidance.
    to hit - (1d20+7)[23]
    to dam - (1d8+9)[16]
    regular damage
    to hit2 - (1d20+6)[7]
    to dam2 - (1d6+12)[15]
    to hit3 - (1d20+6)[12]
    to dam3 - (1d6+12)[14]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair takes a step back and loads his crossbows before firing it again at Blue
    Show
    5 foot step east
    MA:Reload crossbow
    SA: Fire at blue (1d20+4)[13] (1d8)[4]
    If the number on the attack die is between 8 and 14 (for a result of 12-18), roll inspiration (1d6)[3]
    So a total of 16 to attack
    Last edited by digiman619; 2022-07-03 at 10:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

R2T17: Brother Jaume focuses his wrath on the cultist to the South with a flurry of strikes. He punches him in a nerve cluster in the bicep as it meets the elbow for 17. The man is overcome with pain, dropping his dagger, and holding his left hand over where he was struck. That very human reaction stops the monk's second attack cold, even having him pause with a bit of vulnerability longer than necessary before he recovers himself, uses some of his life essence, and his staff strikes against the man's chain shirt.

R2T16: Flair takes a step back and loads his crossbows before firing it again at Blue, but the bolt barely scrapes across her armor.

Blue on deck, Winter in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Now that Red is away, Vilma turns toward Blue, still attempting to pummel the cultist to the ground.

Show
    Attack with Risky Strike on Blue.

Attack - (1d20+8)[28]

Damage - (1d8+9)[10] +2 from Destruction not counted.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Spoiler: Crit rolls
    Show
    (2d6)[9]
    (1d20)[14]Not sure if the second is necessary.

30. - Top - End - #270

R2T6: Now that Red is away, Vilma turns toward Blue, still attempting to pummel the cultist to the ground. Vilma's morningstar connects solidly with her chest for 20, briefly knocking the wind out of her.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T27:
    Blue concentrates and casts a spell on herself for 9 healing.

R3T23: Winter maintains her monologue, and taking advantage of Red being loopy right now, she steps up to Brother Jaume and casts a spell on him for 7 healing, though she didn't use a holy symbol for this healing spell.

R3T21: Red is stunned ...

R3T18: St. Dorn swings hard at Red, but Red's erratic, swaying movements while stunned confuses the living saint.

R3T17: Red recovers from being stunned. Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Flair on deck, Vilma in the hole ...
    Show