New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Thrushmoor Terror, Part 2 [IC]

R2T21: Flair tries to stomp on the swarming pile of rats before moving south, but ends up just kicking them off his legs. He then bolts to the south.

R2T12: Vilma, what do you do?

St. Dorn on deck, Winter in the hole ...
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still more or less trapped in the middle of the rats, Vilma keeps trying to squish them.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Standard attack with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage - (1d8+11)[12]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #303

R2T12: Still more or less trapped in the middle of the rats, Vilma keeps trying to squish them. Her big, spiky weapons smashes down, squashing enough rats that the remainder scatter!

Combat Ends!

Now what?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair nods as Vilma in appreciation to her martial skill. "Brava." He will then turn to the rest of the party. "Once we drop off our new friend here, everyone who got bit by those things should get the wounds cleaned out; rodents like this might be carrying all sorts of infection that we don't want to catch."
    Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Remember, Italian has grammatical gender, so it's "Bravo" with the correct feminine variation
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

5. - Top - End - #305

"Our new friend here" is no longer here, with Brother Jaume having GTFO'd as soon as the rats had shown.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair realized that he was pointing to someone not currently there (he'd not yet finished his turn when he started), so he simply shrugged and went downstairs to catch up.

7. - Top - End - #307

St. Dorn looks to Vilma as he uses the basin and sink right there on the second-floor hallway. "Yech. Rat guts."

Winter stands by to make sure St. Dorn doesn't wash rat guts off his warhammer alone.

Vilma, what do you do? Do you wait here for St. Dorn to finish. In fact, do you also wash off your rat-gutted morningstar?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-07-18 at 07:30 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Slowly nodding at Flair's initial remark, Vilma then joins the rat guts removing team.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #309

Vilma, roll a Fort save ...
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Show
    Let's roll then !
    Fortitude - (1d20+5)[24]

11. - Top - End - #311

Surprise Round ...

S21: Vilma feels a sharp pain under her right shoulder, in the armpit where her armor is vulnerable, taking 29 + 1 poison + 5 bleed.

Begin Round One ...

R1T22: Vilma, roll a Fort save vs. poison. You take 5 bleed. You can barely stand. Right next to you is a blond woman. You don't know where she came from, and she is holding a dagger with your blood on it, blood that flows freely from the artery in your armpit. What do you do?
    Show

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Feeling her blood splattering around, Vilma steps aside, closer to her allies, and quickly heals herself, before putting her shield back on her arm.

"Some cultist rogue, right there !"

Show
    5 foot step north, then standard action to cast cure light wounds on myself, then move action to recover my shield.

Healing - (1d8+4)[5]

13. - Top - End - #313

R1T22: Feeling her blood splattering around, Vilma steps aside, closer to her allies, and quickly heals herself (which stops the bleeding), before putting her shield back on her arm. "Some cultist rogue, right there!"

R1T21: "Rogue?! Ha! Know that your death comes at the hands of Risi Nairgon, assassin." She takes a little vial out and sucks down its contents. Her pupils become like that of a feline, she drops her dagger, and steps forward while drawing her rapier. But instead of just stepping into combat range, she moves forward and then hops up onto the basin, looking down and threatening all three of the heroes.

R1T20: St. Dorn tried to concentrate on something, but Risi's aggressive maneuver threw him off. He wasn't actually intoning a spell, but it is clear he was concentrating. "Winter, go tell the others what is happening."

R1T13: Winter says, "Until Vilma healed herself, her life signs were fragile. I have more healing power. You go." She then concentrates and succeeds in her casting, touching Vilma for 6 healing. "I'm sorry it's not more, Vilma. But ... it's been a day."

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T22:
    Vilma, what do you do?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her shield now in place, Vilma swings her not fully cleaned morningstar at the assassin.

"Call the others, we'll need their help here !"

Show
    Standard action to attack, without Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+10)[23]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[13]

Phalanx Fighter gives me +2 sacred bonus to AC and saves currently.

15. - Top - End - #315

R2T22: Her shield now in place, Vilma swings her not fully cleaned morningstar at the assassin, pushing past a magical protection to graze against her clothes, and what seems like fine mesh link chains underneath. "Call the others! We'll need their help here."

R2T21: The assassin gets a sense of the defense of the armored woman who gathers strength from her friends. She jumps down from the basin, but far less deftly than when she first went up. Vilma sees an opening and swings again, but doing no better than before, but St. Dorn gets in a lucky shot against the woman's belly for 11. Risi lands and splatters some of the gore in the basin right in Vilma's eyes, blinding her!

R2T20: St. Dorn didn't really see what happened to Vilma, and he is footsteps are heard leaving quickly away.

R2T13: Winter casts a spell on Vilma for 5 healing.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T22:
    Vilma, you're blind! What do you do?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With her forearm, the inquisitor wipes her eyes clean of the gore, before attempting to hit the assassin again.

Show
    Move action to try to remove the blind condition, standard action to attack without Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+10)[27]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[13]

17. - Top - End - #317

Spoiler: Vilma
    Show
    R3T22: With her forearm, the inquisitor wipes her visor clean of the gore, but some of it had actually gotten into her eyes. She desperately attempts to hit the assassin again. She thought she made a great attack, but in her blindness she connects with nothing. It isn't until after her attack that she starts to see again.
    Show
    There is no "Hollywood photo op"/ fantasy art rendering BS in my games for people who wear armors that specify wearing a helm. But that's not me going "ha, ha, you can't reach your eyes" because action by you doesn't remove the effect of a dirty trick without a special ability... that's just a notice that if people want to start Hollywooding their armor, especially to the most vulnerable part of your body, you're going to take partial armor penalties.

R3T21: Vilma's eyesight only returns just as the assassin judged it and with some sneaky swordwork fakes out Vilma and stabs her in the joint section, this time under her left underarm to pierce 28 (+5 bleed), dropping Vilma instantly from nerve damage and a punctured lung.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-07-19 at 03:26 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #318

R3T20: St. Dorn speeds into the northern end of the main hall. "Come quick! Assassin! Vilma was already poorly off, and I don't know if she held out or not!"

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T23:
    Brother Jaume, you had since had time to deposit your unconscious prisoner, and your staff is in your hand. Do you double move upstairs as quickly as possible?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Face frowning in concern, BJ hustles back upstairs.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

double move back upstairs.

20. - Top - End - #320

R4T23: Face frowning in concern, BJ hustles back upstairs, getting to just above the bottom stairs from the kitchen.

R4T21: Risi picks up and puts away her dagger.

R4T20: St. Dorn double moves out, knowing Brother Jaume needs the light, and bypasses Brother Jaume by 10' up the stairs.

R4T13: Winter comes around the corner and passes St. Dorn to look at him and down the stairs at Brother Jaume. "I channeled energy to stop her bleeding, but Vilma's down. I think the assassin started out invisibly. I don't know if she's chasing me or finishing off Vilma."

R4T7: Flair, Kris is down here on prisoner watch, and everyone else has gone back upstairs. What do you do?

Brother Jaume on deck.....
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair runs back towards the stairs, cursing himself for not reloading it earlier. Clumsily getting the bolt into place, he continues his charge upward to defend his teammate.
    Show
    Mechanically, what will happen is Flair will spend a move action to get to the stairs, drawing his crossbow as part of that action. He will then spend a second move action standing completely still and reloading it.
    I'd rather this be described as trying to reload while moving (and the split focus slowing him down), if at all possible, though

22. - Top - End - #322

R4T7: Flair runs back towards the stairs, cursing himself for not reloading it earlier. Clumsily getting the bolt into place, he continues his charge upward to defend his teammate.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T23:
    Brother Jaume, what do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume nods to winter and rushes past Dorn through the Starfish vampire room and into the hallway.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: complete going up the stairs onto the second level(10 ft of movement). Turn East an go 15 ft. Turn South and go 15ft. (End first move action).
    2nd move action: Turn West and Move 15 ft. Into the hallway. Assess what is happening. If the assassin is still there, move to threaten her square if possible.

24. - Top - End - #324

R5T23: Brother Jaume nods to winter and rushes past Dorn through the Starfish vampire room and into the hallway. Because of going up the stairs and Vilma's prone body, he didn't quite have enough to get adjacent to the blond woman, but he sees her now, a rapier and dagger in her hands. She puts the dagger away, and with a clean movement, takes a little tiny pouch out of her belt and wipes the tip of her rapier with some icky-looking fluid. Then she looks at Brother Jaume and smiles.

R5T20-13: St. Dorn and Winter hustle in right next to Brother Jaume. St. Dorn says, "It won't do for us to engage her singly in the hallway. That's what she wants from us."

The blond assassin smiles and nods to St. Dorn in amused consent.

R5T7: Flair, loaded crossbow in hand. What do you do?

Brother Jaume on deck, Risi Nairgon in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair continues to swear as he gets into position.

Show
    Double move to get into position, though I intend to stay at least 20 feet away if possible.

26. - Top - End - #326

R5T7: Flair continues to swear as he gets into position. He is still on the stairs by the time he is done a hustle.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T23:
    Brother Jaume, what do you do? It should be noted that the light is coming from St. Dorn's warhammer, as the light that was on your quarterstaff hasn't been there in a little bit.

Risi on deck, St. Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ drops his staff and grabs Vilma’s body and drags it to the space behind Dorn. He will maintain his starting position or return to it.

28. - Top - End - #328

R6T23: BJ drops his staff and grabs Vilma’s body and drags it into his own space, the farthest he can go as her body, armor, and gear is much heavier than Brother Jaume can easily handle.

R6T21: The woman steps up to Brother Jaume and double-finger pokes at Brother Jaume, but St. Dorn briefly steps in the way and gets blinded instead! Though blind, he smiles beatifically.

R6T20: Having heroically allowed himself to be blinded, he concentrates on something carefully. but maintains his position.

R6T13: Winter heaves and drags Vilma into the corner.

R6T7: Flair, what do you do? Remember that going up stairs is double movement. It's also dark now where you are, so that doubles movement again.

Brother Jaume on deck, Risi in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-07-23 at 02:51 AM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair continues his trek to aid his trouble prone friends, doing his best to not trip in the darkness.
    Show
    Pretty much the same as last turn; move as much as I can safely. If after one move action I have eyes on the target, I will shoot it with my crossbow. If not, double move; making sure to stop no closer than 20 feet from the assassin

30. - Top - End - #330

R6T7: Flair continues his trek to aid his trouble prone friends, doing his best to not trip in the darkness. You don't get very far as getting up the stairs in the dark is difficult, but by the end you are looking down the stairwell hallway into the sitting room where a few candles are burning.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T23:
    Brother Jaume, quarterstaff is dropped. St. Dorn has been blinded, though likely only temporarily. Vilma has been dragged out of the way. What do you do?

Risi on deck, St. Dorn in the hole ...
    Show