New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Thrushmoor Terror, Part 2 [IC]

Vilma looks at Winter, before taking the direction of a door toward the inside of the fort.

"Are you ok ?"
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will check the others and give what aid he can after examining them. His face is an angry mask as he goes about his task but his touch is gentle.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk101 View Post
    Grunting satisfactorily, brother Jaume stoops to collect the gear dropped by the two zombies. Of particular interest are the bows and arrows being used by them. He presents his collection to the group but holds on to one of the bows and quivers if it is a long bow.
    Brother Jaume picks up a masterwork longbow (not composite) and a mostly-full quiver of arrows. He hasn't picked up anything else yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by silphael View Post
    Vilma looks at Winter, before taking the direction of a door toward the inside of the fort. "Are you ok ?"
    Winter, you heal another 8.
    BJ will check the others and give what aid he can after examining them. His face is an angry mask as he goes about his task but his touch is gentle.
    NOTE: This action has NOT happened yet.

Winter (only), what do you do?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-11-08 at 11:02 PM.
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Winter

Winter glances at the gash in her arm, the wound closing as she waits and shakes her head. ”My thanks but no, I will be okay. It was the first blow, it did something I don’t understand.”

She looks at the first wound and ponders the strange feeling that robbed her of some of her energy and then looks at the others. “Did anyone else get injured? It seems they took a dislike to me. If you give me a few moments to gather myself. But troubling that there are undead, and powerful ones at that here.”
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

5. - Top - End - #545

Lillian moves over to the western door with purpose. "I have magics that Calistira in her infinite grace gifts me withal. I shall not waste Her blessings." She opens the door. "Looks like we have a hallway heading north while to the west we have the stairs to the turret."
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Walking toward the hallway, Vilma adds.

"They know we are here, and if anyone was directly in the turret they would have already joined the fray. I say we start with this floor, before climbing up to deal with the ooze."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Before we destroyed the undeads, was any of them looking like the woman the creature that opened was impersonating ? Or were they looking like beef jerky (as in, somewhat desiccated undead flesh ?
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #547

Vilma looks at the scorch marks, and realizes during the battle that nothing like the constable was fighting them. They were both men. And while looking dessicated and all corpsey, they had beards. Even their armor and weapons have a distinctive cultural "feel" about them, and they spoke in an unfamiliar accent.

Vilma steps past Lillian and Vessex into the hallway - a 5' wide passageway running for 15' N-S, with spiraling stairs to the west. The passage to the north ends at a door.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-11-11 at 05:40 PM.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Winter

Winter looks at the others and up at the turret stairs. ”I agree. The roof seems like it would be best avoided.” Then gazing down the corridor she offers Vilma light. ”Would you like light Vilma”
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

9. - Top - End - #549

While waiting for an answer from Vilma regarding illumination, Lillian enters and moves north past Vilma, and opens the door ... revealing another mercenary on the other side!

Surprise Round ...

S23: Though Lillian and her wasp seemed primed for danger, the mercenary still strikes first, hacking her in the upper left leg for 17 + staggered!

S12: Lillian, still riding a spell (barely) from the last fight, stabs the merc in his own lower leg, but doesn't seem to really hurt it.

S7: Vessex moves in to sting, but the merc clips the wasp for 10. Vessex continues, but misses the sting.

Begin Round One ...

R1T25:
    Hearing the sounds of battle, Kris zooms west into the hallway and then calls for those not yet there, "There's no more room in here!" before she flies back out into the entry hall.

R1T24: Brother Jaume, your staff is outside, and you still have the bow in hand that you had just picked up (quiver worn). What do you do?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume knocks an arrow and readies to shoot.
    “Lillian, retreat to us!”
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

Ready an action to shoot a foe should they appear.

11. - Top - End - #551

R1T24: Brother Jaume knocks an arrow and readies to shoot, and shouts unintelligbly.

R1T23: Brown steps back and tries to swat the annoying wasp using some type of focused attack, but misses.

R1T16: Had Brown been smarter, he would have held his position, but he just unwittingly opened up a place for Vilma to go if she wants to press forward, rather than fall back. What does Vilma do?
    Show
    As an "ally" two sizes smaller than you, you may share/occupy the same square as Veress, the wasp, the green-ringed, black-field token.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-11-15 at 01:06 AM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Profiting from the mistake, Vilma presses forward, swinging her morningstar at the mercenary.

Show
    Move action 2N, standard action attack with Risky Strike. (the weapon is in two hands since I forgot to put my shield back on)

Attack - (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage - (1d8+18)[21]

13. - Top - End - #553

R1T16: Profiting from the mistake, Vilma presses forward, swinging her morningstar at the mercenary. She overcommits with all or nothing and misses wildly. This throws off and enrages the juiced up woman, possibly leading her to make mistakes in the future.

R1T15: St. Dorn looks to the others still in the gatehouse with him, after Vilma disappears to engage to the north and says, "I don't think anyone's coming back into this room."

He then tears west and north at his enhanced speed and tries to jump directly over the mercenary! It's not pretty as he just barely clears over the zombie's head, but it works and th zombie wasn't ready for it. He slams his warhammer onto the helm of the mercenary for 20 and calls out, "Another undead foreigner to the northwest!"

R1T14: Green enters the battle, as if mystically called forth to do so by St. Dorn, and now has Dorn in a flank ... as Dorn and Vilma have Brown so flanked. It slashes Dorn in the back with some type of special maneuver with his sword for 10 mod + staggered.

R1T13: Winter lets forth holy power to slam into the mercs. Brown resists (4 PE), but Green takes it all (9 PE).

R1T12-7: Lillian casts a spell on Vessex for 6 healing, and directing Vessex to her familiar satchel. Vessex returns to the satchel, which Lillian secures.

R1T5: "Let's stop woolgathering, folks," Ms. Wrentz says to the others still in the gatehouse. She moves to just the other side of the doorway and shoots at Brown, her bolt deflected by armor. She speed reloads her crossbow.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25:
    Kristina flies out of the gatehouse into the corridors with everyone else while getting to a height of 10' - out of reach of the undead - flying to a point above Brown. She casts a spell and a beam of heat leaps forth from her finger to strike Brown in the upper arm 4 mod fire. "They have a strong fire resistance!" calls down Kris, a bit miffed at the minimal effect of her spell.

R2T24: Brother Jaume, nobody listened, and your action didn't go off. What do you do?

Brown on deck, Vilma in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume moves into the hallway and attempts to move through the first opponent to St. Dorn’s location if there is room; otherwise he will release a burst of positive energy.
    Show

move into hallway and attempt an overrun if there is room next to St Dorn. Otherwise channel positive energy to “turn undead” making sure he is within 30’ of both Zombies.

15. - Top - End - #555

R2T24: Brother Jaume moves into the hallway and sees that not only is there nowhere for him to go, but there's nowhere for him to take a breath to channel positive energy, and he steps back just inside the gatehouse.

R2T23: Brown does some type of special maneuver against St. Dorn when he hacks into Dorn's right foot for 12 mod and then suddenly disappears from his position.

R2T16: Vilma, what do you do? Vilma sees that Brown suddenly teleported on top of a rack that still threatens Dorn. Meanwhile, you are still in that weird overcommittal state that might make mistakes with an attack.

St. Dorn on deck, Green in the hole ...
    Show

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her morningstar still in hands, Vilma attempts to move through the enemy lines, to help Dorn, before focusing on Brown.

Show
    Move action, 2N then 1 NW.

Standard action, attack with Risky Strike on Brown.

Attack - (1d20+10)[21]
    Damage - (1d8+18)[22]

17. - Top - End - #557

R2T16: Her morningstar still in hands, Vilma attempts to move through the enemy lines to help Dorn, but Brown is standing on top of a cot that she wold have had to go to. Vilma pushes past the enemy. Brown's sword clangs against her armor, but Green's sword dings the back of Vilma's helmet as she goes by for 12. Vilma finally gets past that gauntlet, unleashing her wrath to strike Brown in the upper right arm and into his chest to destroy him!

R2T15: Dorn says a quick prayer on himself to heal 10, and then swings at Green.

R2T14: Green strikes St. Dorn's lower left arm for 11 mod + staggered, but holds its position.

R2T13: Winter moves forward and then releases another positive burst, but this time to heal allies.
    Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Lillian and Vilma get 9 healing.
    Dorn gets 12 healing.
    Vessex is now fully healed.

R2T12-7: Lillian moves in and hops up on the cot where Vilma had destroyed Brown and crosses blades with Green. Vessex closes with its mistress.

R2T5: Ms. Wrentz (5'8", 135 lbs.) moves up carefully, taking careful position to hide behind the slimmer Winter (5'8", 105 lbs.).

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T25:
    Kris maintains her 10' height and flies to the north and botches a spell really badly, and then babbles to herself incomprehensibly, but only for about three seconds or so before she recovers.

R3T24: Brother Jaume ... who does NOT have the powers of speech ... what do you do?

Vilma on deck, St. Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume will attempt to enter the fray once more. He moves in and down the hall, looking for a spot to strike the zombie. If he can, he performs a powerful leg kick against the foe; if not, he will continue to move to an open space past the combatants.
    Show

MA: move W 5’ and N 15’ to put him in melee with Green. Available move 40’ standard.
    SwA: channel smite (3d6)[9]
    SA: strike at zombie, crescent leg kick
    to hit - (1d20+10)[24]
    to dam - (1d8+5)[13]
    if a spot is not available in melee, keep moving to next open spot either single move action or double. If SA remains, shoot with bow.
    to hit bow - (1d20+7)[16]
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-11-15 at 01:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559

R3T24: Brother Jaume will attempt to enter the fray once more. He moves in and down the hall, looking for a spot to strike the zombie, and getting up behind Dorn. The remaining merc is being mobbed by allies, so Brother Jaume takes aim and shoots. Not being any kind of a CQB archer, though, the arrow goes high and skips off the wall.

R3T16: Vilma, what do you do?

St. Dorn on deck, Green in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

After taking down Brown, Vilma attempts to bash Green down, then finally dons her shield.

Show
    Standard action to attack with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage - (1d8+18)[25]

Move action to don shield.

21. - Top - End - #561

R3T16: After taking down Brown, Vilma attempts to bash Green down, but the undead proves much more agile and trained in defensive combat than expect as her morningstar is blocked. With an eye to her own defense, Vilma dons her shield.

R3T15: St. Dorn lays a hand on himself for 8 healing. Staggered, he puts all of his faith and will behind a single swing against the monster's lower right arm, striking true for 18. Immediately afterwards, St. Dorn manages to catch himself and is no longer in irons.

R3T14: The merc hits Lillian in the left shoulder with a powerful downswing for 15. No sooner is that strike delivered than the undead appears directly behind Ms. Wrentz to the south, seemingly blocking off all other routes to it.

R3T13: Winter lets off another posi-blast to hurt the thing, getting it fully for 11 PE.

R3T12-7: Lillian steps to where the juju was to be able to look south, her wasp following. She casts a spell on herself for 11 healing.

R3T5: Ms. Wrentz withdraws north and northwest into the barracks.

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ...

R4T25:
    Kris flies south as far as she can and once there, descends a few feet to attack with her rapier. She blades stabs through its arm and into its chest, destroying it. It combusts and disappears, its equipment clattering to the ground.

Combat Ends!
    Show

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will check everyone and provide non magical medical aid if needed.
    if his one arrow survived and then collect it and all the fallen equipment and stash it in the cart in the entry hall. He will keep two stocked quivers and the bow.
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-11-17 at 11:20 AM.

23. - Top - End - #563

BJ will check everyone and provide non magical medical aid if needed.
    if his one arrow survived and then collect it and all the fallen equipment and stash it in the cart in the entry hall. He will keep two stocked quivers and the bow.
    Unfortunately, Brother Jaume's arrow shattered against the stone wall, but he can top off his quiver and take another.

By this point, Brother Jaume recognizes Winter as a senior physician, but she gladly accepts Brother Jaume's quiet assistance. Here are triage results:
    Lilian: ~80%
    St. Dorn: ~90%
    Vilma: ~65%

Lillian casts CSW on Vilma to fully heal her. She then casts CMW to fully heal herself. St. Dorn lays hands on himself to likewise heal all wounds.

Meanwhile, the dropped gear of the undead mercs are plopped in the cart in the gatehouse.

Overlooking the fort’s courtyard, this spacious room (where the battle was last fought is fitted with bunk beds, small chests, and stools. A rancid smell lingers in the room.

Do you do anything in this room, or leave? If you leave, there is a door to the north ... or the entrance you came in from the south leading to the tower stairs.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will check/search the room.

25. - Top - End - #565

The party begins a search of the room, and Lillian is more calm now that her primary combat buff has subsided.

This part of the fort was used to lodge its mercenaries. The dormitory is sparsely furnished with bunk beds, wooden lockers, stools, and coal braziers. The beds are all carefully made and all gear is properly stowed in the chests as if the room were ready for inspection. An arrow loop opens on the southwestern wall and a door is to the northeast and more to the south another is to the east. Two other doors north and south (the south the one you entered). To the north of the room, an archway to the west leads to stairs that go upwards to one of the turrets.

There is a half-drunk jug of milk stored beneath a bunk. Now, days later, the jug of milk has spoiled, leaving a thick curd floating atop the vessel and stinking up the barracks.

This what the party found on a quick search after about two minutes.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-11-18 at 05:21 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ will nock an arrow and head for the NE door. He will listen at the door before opening it if it is safe.

27. - Top - End - #567

Not hearing anything, Brother Jaume opens the northeastern door (i.e., the door that is east, but slanted to north. In opening the door, he sees a courtyard ... and three large dogs that were sitting calmly on the cloudy day all stand and growl menacingly and bay loudly.

Begin Round One ...

R1T25:
    "It won't do to just close the door on them just to let them starve," says Winter. "Best to make quick work and give them mercy, as their training probably can't be deprogrammed."

She begins to recite a dramatic monologue to steel the hearts and minds of the party for this unpleasant work of killing dogs. She steps out of the way.

R1T22: Brown charges Brother Jaume and bites him in the left calf and shin for 7.

R1T21: Kris' body seems to evaporate smoothly into something like a raincloud as she goes past Brother Jaume and floats to a height of 5' off the ground.

R1T19: St. Dorn moves up, ducking past Brother Jaume outside, but not quickly enough as the older man gets bit in the right shoulder for 1 mod. He zooms out into the courtyard and north to threaten a pooch, bringing his warhammer down on the upper back of Green for 17. "For the record, this is honorless work, Winter, but necessary," Dorn sighs, before his eyes track to the southeast. "Heads up! There's a fourth dog out here as well."

R1T17: Lillian looks at her wasp and nods her head before she takes a small vial of fluid and has an interesting, almost orgiastic response, to its effects before moving behind Brother Jaume while taking out her whip.

R1T16: Blue moves to engage St. Dorn, his armor keeping him safe.

R1T15: Vessex flies out and at Brown, who was too focused on snacking on the balding man. The dog is stung for 1 NL + 1 poison.

R1T14: Red now appears and closes towards St. Dorn.

R1T12: Brother Jaume, you recover from being jacklighted by a charging dog. What do you do?
    Show

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Wincing from the bite, Brother Jaume unleashes a flurry of strong kicks at the dog attacking him. He doesn’t seem to display the tendency towards non-lethal attacks that he does against other foes.
    Show

FAA: flurry of blows, risky strike, ki Pt for additional strike
    to hit1 - (1d20+8)[24]
    to dam1 - (1d8+9)[12]
    to hit2 - (1d20+8)[14]
    to dam2 - (1d8+9)[12]
    to hit3 - (1d20+8)[17]
    to dam3 - (1d8+9)[14]

29. - Top - End - #569

R1T12: Wincing from the bite, Brother Jaume unleashes a flurry of strong kicks at the dog attacking him. He doesn’t seem to display the tendency towards non-lethal attacks that he does against other foes. By the time he is done, the dog is completely dead.

R1T11: Ms. Wrentz gets on top of one of the beds, carefully holding her skirt as she slowly and stealthily moves to the next bed, looking out the open door as she readies her hand crossbow. She hunkers down behind the mass of Brother Jaume. She mutters to those adjacent to her, "Pity. They were good Ustalavic hounds - now starving. Be careful. They can pull a grown man to the ground."

R1T9: Vilma, what do you do?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Her shield finally in place, Vilma enters the court, before getting ready with a quick prayer.

Show
    Move E then 2 NE.
    Standard action, unless there is a hound in melee range, casting Divine Favor.