New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons: The Thrushmoor Terror, Part 2 [IC]

R5T15: BJ fights back against the invisible assault. His first two attacks completely miss, and his ki attack doesn't strike solidly enough against some type of rubbery, slick surface. “Get to the stairs and close the door. I will try to follow!” he calls out as he inches west along the wall.

R5T14: Vilma, you are currently in Defensive Stance, with a guidance at your call. What do you do?

St. Dorn on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: On hiatus through 01APR2024.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Vilma waits at the door, letting her allies pass but ready to strike at a sign of the creature approaching.

"Then come, I'll hold it here ! Or dispel its invisibility ?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll ready an attack. Since the creature is so noisy, it'll be when it arrives in melee range, with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+9)[18]
    Damage - (1d8+12)[20]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #153

R5T14: Vilma waits at the door, letting her allies pass but ready to strike at a sign of the creature approaching. "Then come, I'll hold it here! Or dispel its invisibility?"

R5T12: "As a paladin of Iomedae, I cannot allow others to stand in my stead," says St. Dorn. "Yes, Vilma, hold the breech here; but I will go aid Brother Jaume. I cannot allow others to die while I live again."

St. Dorn bolts forward, trying to avoid the thing but going underneath it, but the older man isn't so acrobatic. His lower left arm gets bitten for 9 mod, and then he is grabbed. It seems a bad place to be, but he calls out, "My guilt is my guidance to redemption!" and there is a slight glow around him as he swings his hammer in the grapple, but he does not land a blow, and the faint glow disappears.

R5T11: Flair, what do you do? You still have that guidance waiting for use.

Winter on deck, Monster in the hole ...
    20MAR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: The Worldwound (2013, Jacobs, Keith, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154

R5T11: Having little to help, Flair listens to Villma and withdraws all the way downstairs to the exterior door of the dining room, crossbow trained on the stairs.

R5T7: Winter maintains her dramatic monologue, taking a quick, defensive break to cast a spell on Dorn to fully heal him. She then steps back by the window.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T17:
    The creature holding St. Dorn continues to hold him and can't seem to hurt him, despite biting him.

R6T15: Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Vilma on deck, St. Dorn in the hole...
    Show

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume surveys the room for anything helpful to identify this foe; specifically to determine if this is a haunt or a creature he can analyze.
    Then BJ moves 5 ft to the East before unleashing another flurry of kicks and strikes.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

move 5 ft East
    FAA, flurry, spend ki point for extra attack
    to hit1 - (1d20+9)[15]
    to dam1 - (1d8+5)[12]
    to hit2 - (1d20+9)[23]
    to dam2 - (1d8+5)[10]
    to hit3 - (1d20+9)[18]
    to dam3 - (1d8+5)[9]

6. - Top - End - #156

R6T15: Brother Jaume surveys the room for anything helpful to identify this foe; specifically to determine if this is a haunt or a creature he can analyze, but he does not have enough information. He moves 5 ft to the East before unleashing another flurry of kicks and strikes. His first strike misses, but he makes an upward knee strike with a jump that connects! He knows he contacted hard as he lands, but it does feel its weird rubbery nature resist some or all of his power, but he's not sure by how much. The laughing does change, though, and heartened by this, Brother Jaume does an upward cartwheel kick but doesn't connect.

R6T14: Vilma, what do you do? Only Flair went past you, and he continued out of sight. You heard him trundle completely down the stairs, you're sure. Also, you have an unspent guidance still.

Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"Flair ! They aren't going to fall back ! We fight !"

Vilma steps in melee, and attempts to hit the creature.

Show
    Move action directly south (2S).

Standard action, attack with Risky Strike, using the Guidance on the roll.

Attack - (1d20+9)[17]+1 from judgement, +1 from Guidance.
    Damage - (1d8+12)[15]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

8. - Top - End - #158

R6T14: "Flair! They aren't going to fall back! We fight!" Vilma calls down. She then steps into melee, and attempts to hit the creature, calling on a split-second insight she receives. Amazingly, her Hail, Milani! pass is successful as she feels her morningstar solidly strike and likely pierce the creature.

R6T12: St. Dorn concentrates but nothing appears to change visually or in the status of either combatant.

R6T11: Flair, you are downstairs, covering the stairs with the crossbow, and now you are being called back upstairs.

Winter on deck, Critter in the hole ...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair's eyes darted across the room. He had only now realized the huge gap in his repertoire invisible enemies represented. He looked for a bag of flour or other container of particulates to try and negate its invisiblility.
    Show
    MA: Look for a bag of flour or similar.

If I find it, I spend my other move action holstering my crossbow and 5 foot step towards it.
    Otherwise, Flair will swear and start running back up the steps.
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

10. - Top - End - #160

R6T11: Flair's eyes darted across the room. He had only now realized the huge gap in his repertoire invisible enemies represented. He looked for a bag of flour or other container of particulates to try and negate its invisibility. He simply thinks through his memory palace of when he went through the cupboarded dining room previously, cataloguing far more dishware and tableware than anything like a larder, and definitely no from-scratch baking needs like flour. Convinced there is nothing in the dining room to help, he colorfully swears in Infernal (that which will not be reprinted here, for want of corruption checks from the listener), and begins to head up the stairs again, annoyed that it takes longer to go against gravity than it did coming down the stairs.

R6T7: Winter is still there, still giving her dramatic monlogue. Vilma recognized the effect of the guidance, but realizes that the dark-haired changeling's verve might have something to do with her success on that last strike as well. Winter casts a spell and steps up and touches Vilma, who now feels protected somewhat against the forces of darkness and malice.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T17:
    St. Dorn, who isn't tasty at all, is released. The teetering laughter sounds move slightly .... still above folks' head, but slightly northeast against the eastern wall. There is a slash against Winter's left foot for 8 (+1d4 bleed). Then there is a slash against Brother Jaume's right hand for 5 (+1d4 bleed). St. Dorn gets struck by something, but not wounded. Finally, Brother Jaume's defensively spinning quarterstaff protects him from a bite.

R7T15: Brother Jaume, you take 1 bleed. What do you do?

Vilma on deck, St. Dorn in the hole ...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ flinches away from the stinging attack and tries something different.
    “Going to try to harm it with positive energy.”
    The moneric clasps his holy symbol and a burst of positive energy spreads from him filling the room.
    Show

five foot step to the West
    channel positive energy to harm undead.
    (2d6)[3]
    DC 15 will save for 1/2

12. - Top - End - #162

R7T15: BJ flinches away from the stinging attack and tries something different. “Going to try to harm it with positive energy.”

The moneric clasps his holy symbol and a very weak burst of positive energy filters throughout the room. Brother Jaume has no idea what the effects might have been - if he harmed the thing at all.

R7T14: Vilma, what do you do?

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hoping to put an end to this fight, Vilma steps into melee before swinging her glorified club.

"Let's get this over with !"

Show
    5 foot step SE, then standard action to attack with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+9)[16]+1 from judgement
    Damage - (1d8+12)[14]

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair continues running back to the action, hoping that his failed plan to circumvent the invisibility hasn't doomed any more of his teammates.

15. - Top - End - #165

R7T14: Hoping to put an end to this fight, Vilma steps into melee so she can swing her glorified club. She brushes past St. Dorn, and in so doing opens up a bite from it. She swings her weapon, but misses. Annoyed, she calls out, "Let's get this over with!"

R7T12: St. Dorn puts a hand on Vilma to give her 2 healing before stepping all the way back against a door on the west wall.

R7T11: Flair continues running back to the action, hoping that his failed plan to circumvent the invisibility hasn't doomed any more of his teammates, and steps back into the room.

R7T7: Where Winter had been struck, she had been steady in the performance of her dramatic monologue. There is a brilliiant white glow from the gash on her foot; as the wound closes, that brilliant white consumes her and then flashes throughout the rest of the room to provide 7 healing to Brother Jaume and Vilma (stopping the former's bleeding). Winter no longer seems to be wounded. She DOES however, seem to be confused by this turn of events, and moves to the far side of the room. To her credit, she maintains her performance.

End Round 7, Begin Round 8 ...

R8T17:
    While "above" everyone's head, or at least in a relatively high position, the malicious laughing sound seems to move a little bit so as to be somewhat over the table in the room. Brother Jaume's belly gets struck for 11 (+1d4 bleed); Flair's upper right arm gets slashed for 9 mod (+1d4 bleed) and his lower arm for 7 mod; Brother Jaume manages to instinctively block a fourth slash. Then, the bite comes, striking Vilma in the side of her abdomen for 14. This time, it maintains a hold on her!

R8T15: Brother Jaume, you suffer 4 bleed. What do you do? You can tell from Vilma's bodily position, that she is held by whatever the monster is.

Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The bleeding monk staggers to the West and clasps his holy symbol to pray for aid once more.
    “Now what?”
    Show

five foot step to the west
    channel energy for healing
    (2d6)[4]

17. - Top - End - #167

R8T15: The bleeding monk staggers to the west and clasps his holy symbol to pray for aid once more, providing up to 4 healing in a burst for those that need it, and stopping all bleeding. “Now what?”

R8T14: Vilma, you are currently being held in some unseen, monstrous beak, though you do have a host of protective/offensive spells on you. What do you do?

Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Since the creature now holds her, somewhat revealing its presence, Vilma strikes again.

"Come here ! It's there !"

Show
    Since I'm using a one handed weapon I'm fine afaik. Standard action to attack with Risky Strike.

Attack - (1d20+9)[17]+1 from judgment
    Damage - (1d8+12)[15]

19. - Top - End - #169

R8T14: Since the creature now holds her, somewhat revealing its presence, Vilma swings wildly in its embrace. "Come here! It's there!"

R8T12: St. Dorn doesn't do anything special, but looks towards the west, trying to get some perspective. "I sense the evil, but I don't have it pinpointed yet."

R8T11: Flair, you still have guidance available. Also, Urbo's major ability has reset. What do you do?

Winter on deck, Critter in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair moves up to strike this thing, shouting in frustration at his otherwise uselessness thus far.
    Show
    MA: Much like last time, I'll move to the invisi-baddie. I don't think I have enough distance for a charge, but I'll do it if I can.SA: Attack. I've got Blind Fight, I've got two chances on the miss chance. (2d100)[67][85](152). I've instead got my crappy attack bonus to worry about.
    (1d20+3)[6]. If the number on the die is at least 12 and no more than 17, I will spend two points of Inspiration on the attack. (1d6)[3]
    Damage (1d6)[5]. I don't remember what the [1d6+2] notation is for, but if it's applicable, use that instead.

21. - Top - End - #171

R8T11: Flair moves up to strike this thing, shouting in frustration at his otherwise uselessness thus far, and the frustration continues as he whiffs his kick (because he has a feeling he doesn't wanna touch it with his hand!).

R8T7: Winter continues her dramatic monologue. She then goes to the north end of the room, prays for guidance for the grappled warrior, and touches Vilma again.

End Round 8, Begin Round 9 ...

R9T17:
    The creature maintains a hold on Vilma at her abdomen where it bit her, and starts to chew and drain her blood and vital fluids for 9 + 1 Con. This blood drain effect is both good-not-good and bad. The bad is obvious, as color starts to drain out of Vilma's face. The good-not-good is that as blood goes into the creature, it begins to show up and is no longer invisible, as Vilma's blood reacts with it to give it a bloody red color. That would have been good, were it not for the fact that now the party can actually see this eldritch horror!

Everyone, roll a SAN check! Flair and Vilma, you both have a guidance effect you can use.
    Flair, you need to roll a second Will save for a different reason ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume recoils in horror at seeing the face of their foe.
    Show

Will save
    (1d20+11)[30]

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Will saves
    Show
    San check: Use my 1/round replacement with INT for will checks. If the number on the die is less than 10, spend 2 points of Inspiration (1d20+14)[22] (1d6)[4]
    Second Will save: Use the Guidance (including it in the roll). (1d20+13)[15]
    So 26 on the SAN check 15 on the second Will save; 17 on the second save if I'm allowed to use Inspiration.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2022-05-16 at 03:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Inspiration
    Show
    If this is allowed, spending 2 more Inspiration (Think this makes 6 I've used today) to add to the second save (1d6)[2]

25. - Top - End - #175

R9T17 (Cont'd): Vilma's mind is not protected against horror, but is protected from the horrors of evil, and the insight helps. Still, something like this thing cannot leave a mind truly unaffected (3 SAN). For their parts, St. Dorn and Vilma also are able to resist the primary part of the horror of this creature (3 SAN each).

Brother Jaume likewise is strong of mind, recoiling from the horror, but only partially affected by it (3 SAN). Unfortunately, the weight of so much mental horror - even if not individually overwhelming, has had its toll on the friar, and he suffers a massive cognitive overload.

Flair sees the red moving through the body, and as it is a slow reveal, is able to prepare his mind for the assault. It's horrible nature still is tough to handle, though (3 SAN), and just this stress is enough to send the already fragile schizophrenic into a complete mental freakout (confused).

R9T15: Brother Jaume, what do you do?

Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

BJ groans and staggers to the East. He appears to shake his head before his form twists and grows larger. His staff plows into the creature in a series of powerful strikes.
    Show

five foot move to the East
    SwA: growth domain power: enlarge
    FRA: flurry of blows , risky strike
    to hit1 - (1d20+6)[26]
    to dam1 - (1d8+15)[19]
    to hit2 - (1d20+6)[17]
    to dam2 - (1d8+15)[18]

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Critical hit severity roll( if it applies)
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[20]
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-05-17 at 12:48 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178

R9T15: BJ groans and staggers to the East. He appears to shake his head before his form twists and grows larger. His staff plows into the creature in a series of powerful strikes. The first connects for 15 mod, and the second connects for 14 mod. Brother Jaume notes that despite a perfect execution of his first strike, it doesn't seem to be as effective as he had hoped.

R9T14: Vilma, you are currently being grappled by the now-visible whatsit. What do you do?

Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Still standing, Vilma strikes again.

"I won't hold it for long !"

Show
    Standard attack with Risky Strike, then as a swift action change judgement to Healing (Fast Healing 2)

Attack - (1d20+9)[27]+1 judgement
    Damage - (1d8+12)[14]

30. - Top - End - #180

R9T14: Still standing, Vilma strikes again. With her opponent visible, she easily lands a blow that does 10 mod. "I won't hold it for long!"

R9T12: St. Dorn's brow relaxes, as he no longer needs to concentrate, for evil has revealed itself. He gestures a salute to the monstrosity holding the Milanite. "I don't know what you are, but I know you are Evil's tentacled hand-puppet, and with Torag's strength lent to me, I shall lay you low!"

St. Dorn charges forth, a faint sheen around himself and his warhammer and smites it for 17.

R9T11: Flair gets the sense that Vilma is not grappled by a larger creature, but that a larger creature has merely "docked" with its controller-human! Only he can see the truth, and his visual HUD has her fully computed, whereas it is only now compiling data on the larger monster. He points his crossbow at her and fires, but the bolt is deflected by her armor. Flair reloads.

R9T7: Winter blinks at Flair having just shot at Vilma, but she maintains her monologue (which still affects Flair). Realizing that the heroes need just a little more help, she prays to Pharasma to give aid in battle to all .... except Flair. She then steps to the side, but is still adjacent to Flair.

End Round 9, Begin Round 10 ...

R10T17:
    This time, the monstrosity only bites down harder on Vilma, maintaining the hold and doing 13 + 2 CON.

R10T15: Brother Jaume, do you maintain your size? What do you do?

Show