New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Secret of mana IC thread Part II

Jahn get's his question answered by some mumbling after Coney's elaborations. As usual apprentice Jeck is translating.

"The other problem, besides actually defeating the Eternal Devourer would also be to reach it. It is in another realm, not reachable by us, but thankfully it's reach is also limited."

Larimar's question get's a bit of thoughtful silence, before it's answered by some heavy, meaningful words in a language that is not understandable.

"A deity of sorts is correct. How powerful it actually is, well that's hard to say. The sprites are masterful in they're own magic, but limited in other ways. We are sure it's really powerful but measures are hard to take."

"The Black Rabite however… It's related to Shade, strongly so. The sage had talked with the heroes who confronted to beast and it's mastery over shade-magic has been described as unbelievable powerful. It had the shape of a rabite and a powerful bite, as they are known to have. All other things are, sadly, mere speculation."

Regarding to Jerry, there is another moment of silence that is broken by the apprentice.

"Oh, that prick?" This time no book comes flying to stop him.

"I mean he stole from the sage! Can you believe that? All under the guise of seeking wisdom." There is some sharp mumbling from the sage and the apprentice stops. "He is hard to pinpoint. He doesn't seem to follow the Eternal Devourer directly, because it seems that he also aggravated the claw-birthed-lady somehow. He is definitely a dangerous nuisance and seems to enjoy to make enemies." There is some mumbling from the sage again and Jeck seems a bit surprised but still translates. "The thing he stole was the beginnings of a theoretical teleportation spell. Some to get away even in adverse conditions."
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-16 at 09:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"Well I guess that would explain how he gets around. If we ever see him again, we had better have some kind of counter to that spell, otherwise.. well, no point in 'catching up' to him!"

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Coney rolls forward slightly, her tone more supplicative.

"So. Would it be possible to hear more about this trail that might take us to the claw-birthed lady?"
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After some mumbling from the sage.

"We will give you the trail we have found. If you met Shade first. The Claw-Birthed-Lady is very well versed in his magic and it will only help you if you met this perticular sprite if you really want to confront her."

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm. So what can you tell us about the heroes that defeated the Black Rabite a long time ago?" Larimar asks.
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-03-17 at 10:26 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After some meaningful silence the sage starts to mumble to answer Larimar's question.

"The heroes, were pretty great guys. I won't know because I haven't met them, but the sage says so. They have been up to a lot of adventures before even meeting the sage and helped the world against the submerging eidolons and prevented to calamity that would have been the total imbalance of mana. Some of you may not be here in this state if mana was unbalanced today."

There is a meaingful glance exchange between sage and apprentice before the latter continues.

"You know how they told you that they are 3 heroes? Well they were actually 6, with a lot of smaller heroes who helped them in they're plight. Most of them are dead now but one is currently still scouring the lands, while another has been gone away from the world and has retreated. It seems it's important to tell you again that these 6 heroes were able to Prevent the calamity that would have unbalanced mana but it wasn't even in they're power. With them standing together and backed up by all 8 sprites that they weren't able to actually defeat the black rabite, only putting him to sleep and banishing it from this world."

"The 6 heroes came from different parts of the lands, from different rank jet they still stood together. And I see some of them in every one of you."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Coney is delighted that Larimar has found this new line of conversation with the sage, and smiles broadly at the Chobin.

She acknowledges with a nod that she - and all of her kind - might not have emerged had the sprites and heroes not worked together to bring forth a new harmony.

"Is there anything you can tell us about the surviving heroes: the one who still walks the world, as you said, or the one who has withdrawn from it? Perhaps they would be a source of guidance, or want to assist in our current efforts."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Hearing about the heroes, notably six of them, is quite illuminating. "I am well familiar with one of the heroes, the at the time of their journey wayward princess Angela of Altena. She is highly revered to this day as a luminary in the use of mana and benevolent queen, acting as the ideal the Altenan witch soldiers aspire to, and by extension every spellcaster of Altena. Sadly, she passed not long after her husband, Sir Duran of Valsena, though the bond they created between Altena and Valsena has remained unbroken. Given how long ago the events came to pass, only the non-human members of their party could still be among the living. Beastking Kevin may yet be one of them, but my knowledge of the heroes is mostly limited to Queen Angela."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ken has become a bit worried as Thaum's condition doesn't seem to get better. Surely the healer could heal himself? Unless there is more to this ...

Listening to the sage, Ken nods. "Any more information you could tell us may prove useful, even if it seems only tangentially related to our quest."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Toliudars and Kens questions despite the usual behaviour get answered immediately.

"We would like to give you more information about the wandering hero, but this individual is hard to locate and likes traveling perhaps a bit too much. You may have luck with a divination or you could ask one of the sprites. All the heroes had a close relation to every 8 of them. Regarding the hero who stays more in one place, it seems like you will have the means to find this one in your hands pretty soon. Serious? Why do you know stuff like that?" Serious mumbling. "Ah yes, the being a sage thing..."

Thaums statements however is met with silence. It's longer than usual, the apprentice even becomes a bit fidgety, nearly on the point where he wants to say something. Then the sage says something which sounds more like a cough than anything else, nonetheless the apprentice seems relieved when he translates. "That's how it's told."

Some more mumbling is met with one of the books flying towards you, folding towards itself, accompanied with rustling, resulting in a 'plop' sound and a scroll dropping down in front of Larimar.

"If you are ready the sage will begin the long, boring but crucial ritual... Yes, yes I jest of course it'll only take a short time to send you to Nevarl." The mumbling of the sage seems to be a bit more annoyed this time.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

The rabite's ears rotate, as if monitoring the interplay between the sage and Thaum. There was the experience of watching an argument between ducks in the water. On the surface, there is a stream of sound, but underneath, the ducks could be serene or kicking the s*** out of each other, and you'd never know.

Not that she'd ever fought a duck.

Coney lifts her head and nodded.

"I am ready."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

There is a moment of confusion in Thaum. He would have thought stating common knowledge would have left more than enough space for sagely knowledge to illuminate them about the other three heroes, but that... kind of just doesn't happen?

Well, it seems they will have to find out themselves.

Thaum nods in agreement with Coney.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"I guess in all the heroes' journeys obstacles must be overcome before the final threat is put to rest. Let's see what we can find. I'm ready."
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler: Larimar
    Show
    The scroll that landed before you is a scroll of Teleport that is keyed to the sages tower. It's usable by anyone.

The sage begins mumbling again, this time it's accompanied with complicated hand motions. The sage fly's towards you and touches each and everyone of you. It get's dark around you for a short moment and you feel a heavy pull towards one direction. The next moment there is rough sand underneath you, harsh sun is burning from up above (which doesn't seem that harsh if you're around Coney.)

Before you lies a town surrounded with white walls. You can see some big towers and golden round roofs that look above the wall. There are some people before the gate though it doesn't really seem like they take watch and more like they just have met before the walls and are talking intensively with one another, accompanied with hand motions that for the uninitiated seem exaggerated.

When you get towards the entrance some of the people look up and give you a short nod. Though one looks at you surprised and greets you.

"It is said in the desert that the friends of a friend are friends too. Greetings from Aned Atinani. She cashed in some favors to make sure that you are greeted just like she would be."

You find out that he (Alam Al-Sheek) knows that Aned is currently on another mission but has left instructions to not only lead you to a place Aned get to regularly to get provisions but that she also left something there for you.

Spoiler: Larimar
    Show
    This Alam is like a book with seven seals, very hard to read.

Spoiler: Jahn
    Show
    You can't say anything about this person.

Spoiler: Ken, Coney, Ridai
    Show
    Alam seems to be genuine and definitely tells the true.

Spoiler: Ridai
    Show
    Alam seems to be even pretty happy that he found you. They may be a reward in it for him or something that he spotted you first.

If you accept he brings you towards a inn of some kind.

On the way there you see what life in Nevarl is like. Clothing seems to be mostly long robes, faces are covered and the heat isn't as harsh as directly in the desert. You come across several communal wells which are places of gathering. The speak is still common but it's pretty fast and always accompanied with these excessice hand motions. You see several people playing red and white camel (it's a variant of checkers) and drinking sweet tea. You see mostly humans but there are also some that seem to have a slightly elemental shift like the smith Calcifer in the beastlands. There is also the occasional rabite who wear veils and have some kind of protection for they're undersides against the constant rough sands.

You arrive at the "flying cave" which is a four-sided building, with a open roof. It has the flair of an inn, but instead of chairs and tables they're cushions, pillows and other soft seething arrangements seemingly strewn about with some low tables. There is no discernable host but as soon as Alam seats you another person comes up towards you.

"Aned didn't lie, you are not hard to spot. This is for you, I didn't opened it, just as instructed."

You are handed a scroll case, which includes a note and several maps. The note is written in Aned's handwriting.

"Greetings my friends. I have looked at the maps from high-priest Ethan and I think I have deciphered most of it. If I'm not wrong I'm sure that it will lead towards Duran's rest and it's deep below in the Cascade Caverns! I had to cross-reference with different other maps but I'm confident that I have found the best route. Our paths may have led away from one another, but I hope it may at least be a small way to help you.

Aned Atinani."

The one who gave you the scroll hands Alam a small purse and they exchange some pleasantries till Alam excuses himself.

"If you need anything to eat, drink or information you can talk to me. In the basement we have a small cozy market there may be something there for you. We have one big room free if that is alright for you, if not you need to find something else."
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-03-24 at 02:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

The old rabite's desert experiences were limited to those cold deserts of the tundra. All of this sand and heat were quite new to her. New...and delightful! Her thick bottom fur and her cloak protected her from the worst of the effects of bouncing through hot sand.

And the people of Nevarl were so delightful! She began subconsciously practicing ways to emulate the broad hand gestures using her ears, as they worked their way through the city.

She is similarly delighted by the hospitality at the Flying Cave, and pulls out a small stack of gold coins for the person who had welcomed them.

"I'm sure that one big room will suit us all just fine. Thank you so much for your hospitality. What is your name, child?

"While I am of course old and fat, these boys never get enough to eat. Is there a place in this neighbourhood you can recommend for us to sample the local dishes?"

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum has travelled for a while, but this is the first time in a desert. Coming from the frozen lands of Altena (well, frozen outside the capital, that is), this is perhaps the most diametrically-opposed area possible. Thanks to Coney, the sveltering heat does not assault them. But as soon as he arrives, Thaum feels... honestly a little ill. Like some of his mana feeling repelled, but also soaked up (?) by the surroundings. Another deep breath is in order. "I assumed the desert would have been more Salamando-inclined, however, it appears I was not ready for the extent of it."

Still, they need to keep going. Walking needs some getting used to, the ground shifting under his feet, and each step requiring more effort than normal. He is kind of glad to have reached the town of Nevarl soon. He takes in the nature of the town and its people as they are guided through, until they reach the Flying Cave.

"It is good to learn Aned is well," Thaum says, also making a mental note on Duran's Rest. And to the person who handed them the letter. "Thank you for your hospitality. A big room will be fine, thank you. Would you happen to know where in the desert to find the sprite Shade? Not that we will immediately head there, given there is interest in sightseeing. And a little break." Having said that, Thaum retrieves one of his water jars and just drinks the contents in their entirety, before putting the jar back again.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The stack of gold coins get eyed, he looks seemingly conflicted but waves at it, indicating a no.

"I thank you for your consideration, but as I said Aned already cashed in favors for you. Should you be weighed down by your money however I'll help you get rid of it for you."

When asked his name, the Nevarlian seems a bit reluctant at first, but either it's Coney's grandmotherly nature or her respectable force of personality, after a short hesitation he answers her. "Everyone who wants to adress me, does so as lynxear. I could whip you up some mean stuff, but I specialized in non-local dishes. If you want the true Nevarl experience there is nothing better than the seven veils! The finest cuisine you can find in this part of the desert, makes you question if you really taste earthly wonders. wonderfully beautiful dancers of different ilk, rivaling even the legendary beauties of some queens. Your mouth and your eyes will never be able to taste or see something with it being overshadowed by the wonders you'll saw and tasted there." He clears his throat, seemingly wanting to continue the praise but realing himself in. He gives you a precise description how to reach the seven veils, which is not far from here.

Regarding shade. "It's not surprising that the sprite of darkness hangs around some ruins. You sure you don't want to go to the middle of the desert to contact Salamander? He's not as enigmatic and probably easier to find." He nods towards Larimar. "Old Shatterwhiskers looks pretty much like your friend here. I heard that he had found Shade some years ago, but he won't talk much about it, perhaps your friend here can convince him? He comes here once in a while, I'm sure you're able to met him if you stay here for a while. I heard him mention that he misses real Chobin food, perhaps you could bring him to his good side with some of that?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Coney glances at her colleagues, gathering their reactions to Lynxear. Unless she gets a negative impression from any of them, she will continue to press the young man further into their service.

"Well, aren't you full of good ideas! Well, if you wont take my coin YET, perhaps you can help us a little more, and I can find some other way to compensate you for your time.

"How about you help us get all squared away here, and then join us for dinner at the Seven Veils, on me? That way, we've done something to show our thanks for your dedication to Aned's wishes, and perhaps we can impose on you for more details about Salamander and other topics of local interest. Yes?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Essentially, trying to fast forward to dinner, dragging Lynxear with us so we can keep chatting with him as desired.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2022-03-28 at 03:32 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Well if it's on you… Just give me a short moment." Lynxear talks with some people and is ready to take off in a short while. The seven veils seems like a normal building white walls, some throaty singing and unusual instrumental sounds emerge from the building and there are 3 bouncers looking you over, two burly guys with suspicious looking gloves and an old man hunched over, keeping himself farther back but looking pretty sharp at you. Seeing that you're foreigners one of them explains that you can get in for 1 Gold (that includes a pot of tea) for 5 Gold you get some food with your tea and for 25 Gold you get the full nevarl experience and the best places. Entertainers can go in for free if they play.

"I'll be fine with the 5 gold option but I wouldn't be opposed if you insist on being generous." Say's Lynxear.

When you decide to go in it feels like you step inside a colorful story.

There are several lanterns that are draped with thin colorful veils to light the room. There are not many people here but they're all pretty close to the stage. You get placed fitting on how much you Paid and have a good look at the individual dancers, mostly 2 or 4, sometimes 1 who dance for several minutes till another takes the stage. Dancers are pretty evenly split by gender. They are less non-humans than human dancers. They're is a small band with a singer mostly playing an easy rhythm broken up by the guttural singing.

It seems all kinds of dance are celebrated here. A traditional Valsenan court dance is celebrated as much as a more wild Nevarlan belly dance. Some of the movements seem outright martial.

Spoiler: Jahn
    Show
    You're pretty sure there are some practitioners of the Desert Wind style among the dancers who incorporate they're style into intricate dance maneuvers, obviously without activating the effect.

Spoiler: Larimar, Ken, Jahn
    Show
    You're sure that some of the dancers do they're morning weapon training, without a weapon (or fight unarmed) and give it a slightly different spin to create dance routines.

The tee is fruity and very sweet. And you get an additional bowl filled with a sweet syrupy substance if it should not be sweet enough (which Lynxear does use.)

The food seems to be either full of burning spicyness or is sickeningly sweet, for the ones who took on the full nevarlan experience there is some more exotic things for you to sample. cactus booze, Scorpions baked in hot sand, a dark bitter brew with copious amounts of cardamon in it, together with more sweet stuffs.

Spoiler: Dancing, OOC
    Show
    Because I don't know if it would break guidelines, you can search for Aurora Sisters dancing for a mana dance show. (Though you won't do 5% more magic Damage. :))

Lynxear seems to live his live to the fullest here and is able to eat, drink and talk, without much pause in between and without being unappetizing. He talks a bit about the desert and some intricacies of Nevarlan goings on.

- The Caves and Dungeons in the nevarlan dessert are mostly only for someone who have an explorers permit. These are sold for 100 Gold per Person, but they are also some who are to be known (and divined) as empty where everyone can go to. Some of these already explored bits, still may hold some treasure or danger, whether this is because the divinations are failing or something new wanders in is heavily debated.

- The Wildlife of the desert is dangerous for the casual wanderer. Not only are deeper parts of the desert hot in a way that even fire elementals begin to sweat.
    Spoiler: Knowledge:local 15
    Show
    The Level 1 spell Protection against elements only helps a bit.

But they are also giant sandworms, napalm ducks and fire elementals not that far away from Nevarl.

- There are some bandits who rob people who either jump exhausted delvers or try they're luck on some unsuspecting wanderers. The government is already on they're case but at this moment they are still a danger.

- Salamander is in the center of the desert, in a active vulcan and it's told that if someone beats his trials he will fulfill a wish. But currently no one has been able to beat his Trails. Some have attempted but not a single one has succeeded as far as Lynxear knows.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Thaum sells the surplus boots and cloaks real quick, handing the other party members their share of 1000 gold. At the entrance, Thaum simply pays the 25 gold, glad to have the comfortable seats. He quietly samples the various foods and drinks, but overall still mostly drinks tea (without extra sweetening). Nevarl is a very upbeat place of extremes and right now he can't quite work up the energy to go along with this, but he can at least try to not be in the way.

"It sounds like you have plenty of treasure hunters coming to these party. Do these permits expire? It may be advantageous to have one, just in case. Out of logistical curiosity, how are these permits enforced?" Ah yes. Asking about the permits. The life of the party. Please have patience with Thaum, he is not feeling well this day.
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-03-30 at 04:55 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

While Thaum seems drained by the Salamander mana of the area, Jahn is energized by it. Jahn claps to the beat of whatever song is playing to accompany the dancers and generally enjoys himself, chatting with random locals and admiring their techniques.

It seems with this excess energy, keeping him focused on the task at hand may be the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"For the permits, normally you have to take a test, just making sure that you survive at least a day in the desert, but you don't have to worry about that I can get you one. With you being Outsiders, getting here and having Aned as a aide I can get you some. Would only be 100 gold per head, well worth the money if you want my humble opinion." Lynxear is a bit distracted with food and drink till he answers Thaum's other question. "It's mostly enforced by the cutthroat legion. There doesn't need to be many other forces to do that. I know they can't be anywhere but would you want to risk it? I know I don't."

Spoiler: Knowledge (local) 10 or Bardic Knowledge
    Show
    The cutthroat legion is the personal army of the de facto ruler of Nevarl, known to be not comprised of ordinary Infantery and Cavalerie but being mostly made out of spies, assassins and professional blackmailers.

Jahn get's some attention and he is quickly surrounded by some people who enjoy to talk about the dancers, about the typical going ons and how much they like this drink he absolutely have to taste.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

The rabite also splurges on the 25gp 'all the best stuff' package, and very much enjoys the dancing. Normally, she saw legs as unfortunate and unnecessarily limited appendages, but she saw the appeal when they could do things like this.

She very much enjoys Lynxear's description of the desert and its many dangers, and agrees that a permit would be well worth the the expense.

"Think of it! To have a chance to actually meet Salamander himself! Well worth a little heat and hardship.

"Tell me, Lynxear, from what you know of the caves, would you recommend that we find a guide to take us in, if we wanted to explore some of these cavern complexes? And if so, is there someone you would especially recommend?"

She lifts the tea to her lips with both ears, savouring the unfamiliar and delicate aroma.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lynxear raises one of several glasses before him towards Coney. "You're right on it! Would love to chat with the guy, has probably seen a lot and lived through interesting times. Hardest thing would be to think about a wish!" He laughs and seem to think it's incredible funny.

Regarding a guide: "Depends. Are you used to cave-dwelling? There may be a lof of sudden cliffs, high and low-altitude, traps. Sometimes poison is involved . If you have some good eyes on you and can walk on the walls or fly you may not need someone who can take care of traps. But let me think a moment." Lynxear makes a little show out of him putting on his thinking cap. Staring in his glass, stroking his chin, having a concerned look on his face.

Spoiler: Thaum, Coney
    Show
    His exaggeration may be because he is a bit over the point of having a slight buzz.

"Ah, but I think I may have someone for you. If you think you need a guide I have little Eliana for you. She's a bit shy but had did some cave dwelling experience. I could get her with your permits if you want? Probably cost you 200 gold per week and a small percentage from the things you find. Should be 10% the last time I talked to her."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"A hundred gold pieces for the opportunity to go out and risk your lives? Sounds absolutely bonkers to me. No way the common folk could ever afford that.. I do hope there's some benefit to a permit, aside from not becoming an outlaw."

Perhaps because some of the others were doing it, he also went along with the whole shebang. They did have lots of money, after all, and would be spending more just on a dumb permit.

"I think some of us could probably fly with Coney's help, and I might be the only one who is a good climber but.. uh, I guess it wouldn't hurt. Caves are not my forte," Larimar says.

"Yeah, I think a test is completely unnecessary. Boy, if only you knew the stuff we have faced only in the past few weeks. Have you ever hard of the archons from Ferolia? he asks, bragging again.

"I should probably get some better clothes for the desert. The dark green is kind of hot, you know?"

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Having the permits at the ready for the eventuality of needing to explore ruins sounds reasonable to me. If what Old Shatterwhiskers might tell us involves one of them. A guide would also be in order in that case."
    Last edited by Ridai; 2022-04-02 at 05:20 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Coney nods emphatically.

"To my mind, the guide is not so much to help with the climbing as to help us find the right places to look into in the first place."

Hearing no objection among her companions, she turns to Lynxear.

"Two hundred gold and a percentage is acceptable. Could you arrange for a meeting with Miss Eliana tomorrow?"

She turns to examine Larimar's clothes.

"If it were only the colour, my dear Larimar, I would paint your coat white for you. But I'm afraid there's nothing I can do to help with the weight. What's good for damp forests is not so good for desert canyons."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lynxear listen to Larimar and makes a wide motion with both his hands while saying. "Well, technically all of the desert belongs to the ruler of Nevarl and without a permit you would be on his land without his explicit consent."

The archons do seem to perk his interest. "I have heard of them yes. All pretty brawly folk is what I've heard."

He nods at Coney's request. "I'm sure I can arrange a meeting for you. And perhaps you also are in luck to meet Old Shatterwhiskers."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Coney

Coney nods her ears emphatically.

"Excellent, and yes please on both accounts.
    And if you have any suggestions as to where we might find food prepared in the traditional Chobin manner here, that might serve us especially well."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

"I mean, I could probably try to whip up something..." Larimar begins. "But honestly, it's kind of hard to make, uh, Chobin food without.. the right ingredients. I don't think scorpion tails and cactus fruits will cut it!"