New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Death Battle Season 9: We're Never Getting Galactus vs. Unicron, Are We?

And so another battle concludes. I am not familiar with either character to say if it was the right outcome, but it certainly was a different tone for a fight than usual.

Spoiler: Next time...
    Show
    Oh, Vegeta's back. And he's fighting Marvel's Thor.

Well one thing is certain, Vegeta can't lift Mjolnir, but other than that, I am having trouble seeing how Thor can keep up with ol' Geets. He is quite fast now. Also he has Super Ego.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle Season 9: We're Never Getting Galactus vs. Unicron, Are We?

Spoiler: Prediction
    Show
    Thy're going to have Vegeta's Ultra Ego cost him the fight when he keeps letting Thor hurt him to get the power boost.

Bonus points, they'll make some statement about Ultra Ego being comparable to Ultra Instinct, it;s equel and opposite, and Thor being one of Marvel's analogs of Superman, to claim that Superman still beats Goku.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Spoiler: Prediction
    Show
    Thy're going to have Vegeta's Ultra Ego cost him the fight when he keeps letting Thor hurt him to get the power boost.

Bonus points, they'll make some statement about Ultra Ego being comparable to Ultra Instinct, it;s equel and opposite, and Thor being one of Marvel's analogs of Superman, to claim that Superman still beats Goku.
    Spoiler: Next fight
    Show
    Is that how that works? Has Vegeta turned getting smacked around into a power boost? That's almost broken on a guy who takes that many beatings and still comes back for more.

4. - Top - End - #94

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    Spoiler: Next fight
    Show
    Is that how that works? Has Vegeta turned getting smacked around into a power boost? That's almost broken on a guy who takes that many beatings and still comes back for more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like how Ultra Instinct enhances Goku's Saiyan power so that he grows stronger and more skilled in real-time as he adapts to his opponent's attacks, Ultra Ego enhances it so that Vegeta's raw power increases as he is injured in battle.

The problem is, he doesn't gain enhanced healing abilities to compensate so he's still taking damage and being worn down.

Furthermore, since Vegeta has not yet mastered Ultra Ego he finds himself compelled to indulge in his desires... This means that he deliberately tanks attacks he should have blocked or dodged in order to grow stronger, headless of the damage to his body.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler: next time
    Show
    Hey! That one was already covered by Death Battle (X)!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ozmo6BkpUo
    Probably not the outcome we can expect this time. Also, I hope the production quality gets better, that DBX was pretty lame.
    Last edited by Seppl; 2022-04-25 at 03:23 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Like how Ultra Instinct enhances Goku's Saiyan power so that he grows stronger and more skilled in real-time as he adapts to his opponent's attacks, Ultra Ego enhances it so that Vegeta's raw power increases as he is injured in battle.

The problem is, he doesn't gain enhanced healing abilities to compensate so he's still taking damage and being worn down.

Furthermore, since Vegeta has not yet mastered Ultra Ego he finds himself compelled to indulge in his desires... This means that he deliberately tanks attacks he should have blocked or dodged in order to grow stronger, headless of the damage to his body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure that's how it works... It seems that Ultra Ego makes Vegeta stronger the more fired up by battlelust he gets... And getting hit gets him more fired up. But I don't think it's the damage itself that makes him stronger... Or at least that wasn't the impression I got.
    Homebrew Stuff:

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

>Jonathan is a "swordsman" because of that sword he had for like 4 chapters and used once.

Okay

8. - Top - End - #98
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure that's how it works... It seems that Ultra Ego makes Vegeta stronger the more fired up by battlelust he gets... And getting hit gets him more fired up. But I don't think it's the damage itself that makes him stronger... Or at least that wasn't the impression I got.
    Spoiler
    Show
    we are also talking about Manga Geets... where in the manga Goku's UI has a flat limit, compared to the anime where he was growing as the fight continued. And if UE is on the table then they are scaling Geets to Manga Goku.. who when stats are applied is WEAKER than the anime version. Geets lost this one hard. Endgame ( not the movie) Thor can straight up nope Geets out the fight.

Don't know why I quoted Lemmy but I mean nothing bad by it. It was just at the bottom of the spoiler tree XD
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2022-04-25 at 04:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

So uhhhh. Death battle is up?
    Spoiler: This time
    Show
    Yah, the second they gave jojo lightspeed feats I knew it was over.

Spoiler: Next Time
    Show
    Thor versus Vegeta? Depending on how esoteric they get with some of thors storylines, this could be an interesting matchup. Rune King Thor for example. Dude is weaker than a fully fed galactus, but stronger than a hungry one. You know, they guy who literally eats planets for breakfast? He has all sorts of reality and energy manipulation feats, and only ranks below omnipotent beings like the one above all. And he is gonna need it against a god ki vegeta

*EDIT* Sorry for the oddly worded start, for some reason i didnt see this thread as updated today till after I posted lol
    Last edited by Traab; 2022-04-25 at 06:48 PM.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: This Time
    Show
    Like I said, Lightspeed Jonathan. As for the fight itself, I was really hoping it would end with Jonathan beating Tanjiro down to the beat of Sono Chi Na Sadame before finishing him at the "JOJO!" part. I also think they should have been more clear that Jonathan is explicitly physically superior to Tarkus.

Spoiler: Next Time
    Show
    I'm disappointed that they're doing four already revealed fights in a row. I'm sure the 7/4 fight won't be, but I was hoping that the other unrevealed fight would be next.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

11. - Top - End - #101
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Show

As said before, those "lightspeed reaction time" argument is complete junk.
    Not to mention all that transitive property - "DIO, (2 series later, after several power boosts) could do it, so anyone who beat him before that could do it too".

Also also, I didn't watch Demon Slayer, but couldn't Tanjiro's sun-breathing negate Hamon regeneration. It was specifically pointed it's one of its functions.

Spoiler
    Show
    Next time
    The loser's bracket! As much a DBZ seems powerful, I'm rooting for Thor to win this one, just to make poor Vegeta suffer even more.
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Don't know why I quoted Lemmy but I mean nothing bad by it. It was just at the bottom of the spoiler tree XD
    You probably just couldn't resist my ragged good looks and witty charm... Don't worry. It happens to everyone.
    Homebrew Stuff:

13. - Top - End - #103

If we assume that Vegeta has a fai shot, his biggest advantage her is probably forcedSpirit Fission.

A technique he picked up when he decided to get help raining from the Metamorans, it allows the user to manipulate other people's ki.

From gathering donated ki more efficiently, to stealing the ki from an opponent, to freeing trapped souls, to sending stolen energy back where it beings (which can even raise the recently dead or restore life to barren planets.)

Notably: While Vegeta doesn't demonstrate his power, he claims that f he were so inclined he could forcibly separate the current Piccolo back into Piccolo junior, Nail, and Kami with the technique.

A Lo of Thor's power is technically separate entities or energy sources not native to his body. If Vegeta can land a decent hit then he could forcibly power Thor down to "base" Thor levels.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #104

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    You probably just couldn't resist my ragged good looks and witty charm... Don't worry. It happens to everyone.
    How did he know?!? XD
    If we assume that Vegeta has a fai shot, his biggest advantage her is probably forcedSpirit Fission.

A technique he picked up when he decided to get help raining from the Metamorans, it allows the user to manipulate other people's ki.

From gathering donated ki more efficiently, to stealing the ki from an opponent, to freeing trapped souls, to sending stolen energy back where it beings (which can even raise the recently dead or restore life to barren planets.)

Notably: While Vegeta doesn't demonstrate his power, he claims that f he were so inclined he could forcibly separate the current Piccolo back into Piccolo junior, Nail, and Kami with the technique.

A Lo of Thor's power is technically separate entities or energy sources not native to his body. If Vegeta can land a decent hit then he could forcibly power Thor down to "base" Thor levels.
    Depends entirely on which Thor they used for this fight. Some iterations of him has the Thor force as part of who he is and not a separate energy. And then there’s some that state that him and the rest of the asgardians are in a time loop, where Thor is just past and future Odin. And if they go that route…. As for the piccolo part; he can’t defuse kami from him. He can eject nail, but it was flat out stated that kami and piccolo are one and the same, even after piccolo died and jr was born.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Jonathan can react faster than light? That's clearly not true, he's fast in a human sense (clearly established by him being a top-tier rugby player), but I'm fairly certain Phantom Blood-era Dio was faster than him. His main advantages are being incredibly strong and quick thinking, even if he pales in comparison to Joseph.

Also dodging a beam of light doesn't mean you have to react FTL, just faster than whatever's sending the beam.

On the other hand, from the rest of the breakdowns Jonathan winning is plausible, just unlikely. As long as he can breath he's insanely tough, so it depends on if Tanjiro would aim for Jonathan's neck. I've not read Demon Slayer, so I wouldn't know.

On next time, eh, I couldn't care less about DBZ.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

16. - Top - End - #106

BlackDragon

Thor Blerp is up. Still firmly in the camp that the Prince of all three Saiyans is taking an L.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

As is Vegeta's. Obviously neither is even remotely indicative of their capabilities, but Thor's was more impressive.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Iamyourking View Post
    As is Vegeta's. Obviously neither is even remotely indicative of their capabilities, but Thor's was more impressive.
    Thor just got that Hammer.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thor vs. Vegeta is up on Youtube.

Show
    You know, when they put out the numbers like that it is kind of lopsided. On the other hand, it amuses me greatly that Thor and Vegeta's strengths were not measured in TNT, but in the amount of universes they could blow up.

Poor Geets. He keeps increasing in weight class, only to run into bigger fishes. Or gods.

Spoiler: Next time
    Show
    I have heard of these, but I know little of either. Omni-man vs. Homelander. Hm, at least they had the decency to use original characters for Evil Superman.

20. - Top - End - #110

BlackDragon

Thor vs. Vegeta is up on Youtube.

Show
    You know, when they put out the numbers like that it is kind of lopsided. On the other hand, it amuses me greatly that Thor and Vegeta's strengths were not measured in TNT, but in the amount of universes they could blow up.

Poor Geets. He keeps increasing in weight class, only to run into bigger fishes. Or gods.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Its amusing indeed. They did admit that Geets' new form was more or less a non factor since he has no feats with it: the first showing of it he did still lose that fight.

Show
    I have heard of these, but I know little of either. Omni-man vs. Homelander. Hm, at least they had the decency to use original characters for Evil Superman.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This one is tricky. It appears on paper that its close but it depends on the source used. Homelander DOES have the range option and most of Superman's kit, but last I checked Omniman's top end strength feats eclipse's Homelander. Experience wise, Omniman also has the nod here since as a (INSERT SPECIAL RACE NAME HERE) he can live fundamentally forever unless killed, and our first introduction to him has him being around for centuries at least. Compare the fact that as Omni man ages he gets stronger to Homelander thats... a freaking bully of a big baby, to put it mildly, and I THINK this fight is over. It may still be close, but I think Omniman has this hands down. AGAIN, depending on which version used. TV version, then he loses. He still has experience but he's toned down a bit and gets wrecked pretty handily repeatedly, while Homelander hasn't actually gotten his ass kicked yet.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2022-05-09 at 02:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Show
    Its scary that they admitted to not even going full power with thor and he still won. I honestly thought the strength number would go the other way with the dragonball universe being larger and all the multipliers and such. But in the end, thor was just too fast strong and had the counter to all vegetas best moves

Show
    Im pretty sure omniman has this. Even in the anime he literally wiped out an entire advanced alien civilization and has a ludicrous experience edge. Homelander has laser vision yeah, but its not something that compares to this which he tanked TWICE for a nosebleed. Pretty sure homelander is going to look like mark just before it ends.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Next time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a well known debate, and the consensus is Omni-Man wins easily. Him and two equally powerful Viltrumites were able to destroy an entire planet, which is far superior to anything Homelander has ever done. It's unfortunate for Omni-Man that he can't really get a good matchup, since his other popular opponent is Bardock-who stomps him just as hard as he stomps Homelander.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

It doesn't really matter what version of the characters they use, Homelander has nothing that even vaguely matches Omni-Man's feats.

(Omni-man also handily beats Bardock for that matter, unless we're talking about the dumb ****ing Super Saiyan 3 Bardock memes they keep adding into video games and DB Heroes. He has a power level roughly half of Saiyan Saga Vegeta at his peak, and is incapable of the same level of speed feats as Omni-man if nothing else. )

24. - Top - End - #114

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    It doesn't really matter what version of the characters they use, Homelander has nothing that even vaguely matches Omni-Man's feats.

(Omni-man also handily beats Bardock for that matter, unless we're talking about the dumb ****ing Super Saiyan 3 Bardock memes they keep adding into video games and DB Heroes. He has a power level roughly half of Saiyan Saga Vegeta at his peak, and is incapable of the same level of speed feats as Omni-man if nothing else. )
    Bardock stomps Omni man actually. Omni's best feat is being one of 3 people that blew up a planet together. Bardock scales to at worst Nappa, and at best, depending on which movie you watch, King Vegeta, who casually blew up 3 of them solo. And that's before tacking on, again depending on which movie you watch, him attaining super saiyan. Going by the current manga, Bardock actually reaches higher than that since Gas lost to Bardock, and Gas was flat out said to scale to Freeza (most likely first form but still) way back then.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Bardock stomps Omni man actually. Omni's best feat is being one of 3 people that blew up a planet together. Bardock scales to at worst Nappa, and at best, depending on which movie you watch, King Vegeta, who casually blew up 3 of them solo. And that's before tacking on, again depending on which movie you watch, him attaining super saiyan. Going by the current manga, Bardock actually reaches higher than that since Gas lost to Bardock, and Gas was flat out said to scale to Freeza (most likely first form but still) way back then.
    Genuinely, I haven't seen anything from Bardock that matches the "fly so fast it ignites the atmosphere and kills millions" feat Omni-man has.

Sure, Bardock scales to Nappa; he's actually a little bit stronger than him by the time he fights Frieza and dies. Nappa's biggest feat is blowing up a single city. Impressive, by some standards, but not by the scale of the character we're pitting him against. And I'm just drawing from the first season of the Invincible show, I haven't read the comic where apparently Omni-man is significantly stronger according to some people in this thread.

At least, by the Bardock I know. Everything that's happened with him since Dragonball Minus, I have no clue. They just keep retconning in more dumb **** and I checked out of it after a while.

But even then, based on the info I can find, Gas does not "scale to Frieza". He was "the weakest" of his siblings, but considered someone who could ONE DAY SURPASS Frieza if he trained enough. There's a pretty big caveat there even if we take it as strict fact (and given everybody and their grandmother in pre-Dragon Ball backstory material claimed they could one day beat Frieza, including Bardock himself, and they ALL turned out to be dead wrong even when it came to matching against their first form, it should be taken with a huuuuuuuuuuuuge grain of salt).
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2022-05-10 at 12:31 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

There's five levels you can put Bardock at.
    If you count Xenoverse, then he's a Super-level character who can resist multiverse erasure.
    If you count his fight with Chill but not Xenoverse, then he has a Power Level of 500,000-only slightly weaker than First Form Frieza.
    If you don't count that, then he's as strong as King Vegeta-who, as mentioned, can casually destroy three planets at once if you count anime filler.
    If you want to go purely with primary material, he's a little over half as strong as Saiyan Saga Vegeta-who was going to destroy the planet with his Galick Gun. Slightly over half a planet is better than Omni-Man's slightly under a third of a planet, and that assumes that Vegeta was only just barely strong enough to destroy the planet.
    The absolute lowest level, scaling him ahead of Nappa, still puts him at significantly stronger than a person who stomped the Moon-busting Piccolo. Omni-Man can actually win here, but it's a huge lowball of Bardock's capabilities.

Omni-Man does have advantages over Bardock, but they're pretty much entirely in travel speed and experience. Bardock has superior power, a ranged attack, and the famous Saiyan ability to get even stronger as he fights. It's also a moot point, because putting him up against Homelander guarantees he'll never fight Bardock.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #117

At least, by the Bardock I know. Everything that's happened with him since Dragonball Minus, I have no clue. They just keep retconning in more dumb **** and I checked out of it after a while.
    Okay, here's a bandaid that needs to be ripped off.

Bardock the Father of Goku
    ... Is not canon. It was never canon. It was never intended to be canon. It's basically just an extra-long filler episode.

Toriyama was not involved in its creation beyond the very minor extent he was with the anime in-general at the time.

Toriyama liked it, enough to make Bardock Goku's canonical father, but was quite explicit in an interview that it's not the kind of story he'd write and isn't the canonical backstory.

So, by defitnion Bardock has not been retconned, because the only thing canonical facts about him prior to Dragon Ball Minus were 1: His name was Bardock, 2: He looks exactly like Goku and 3: He had a confrontation with Frieza shortly before Frieza destroyed planet Vegeta that was memorable enough for Frieza to recall it twenty-plus years later.

Beyond that... Bardock from Dragon Ball Minus onward is basically the same character as the non-canonical version. Ruthless space pirate/soldier working for Frieza, he's considered "good" by saiyan standards, which basically means that he cares bout the well-being of his friends and family that's more or less it. Was Loyal to Frieza up until he got an inkling that Freiza was planning to kill the Saiyans.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

If you want to go purely with primary material, he's a little over half as strong as Saiyan Saga Vegeta-who was going to destroy the planet with his Galick Gun. Slightly over half a planet is better than Omni-Man's slightly under a third of a planet, and that assumes that Vegeta was only just barely strong enough to destroy the planet.
    The absolute lowest level, scaling him ahead of Nappa, still puts him at significantly stronger than a person who stomped the Moon-busting Piccolo. Omni-Man can actually win here, but it's a huge lowball of Bardock's capabilities.
    I actually overestimated Nappa. I thought he was at 8k, but he's only 4. My b.

Omni-Man does have advantages over Bardock, but they're pretty much entirely in travel speed and experience. Bardock has superior power, a ranged attack, and the famous Saiyan ability to get even stronger as he fights. It's also a moot point, because putting him up against Homelander guarantees he'll never fight Bardock.
    I genuinely am not sure why Homelander (the man whose stronger clone was killed by some dude with a crowbar) is getting so much credit in this matchup. Admittedly, this dude has low level super strength, but it's roughly Captain America/Deathstroke level, not anywhere near what Omni-man or even Homelander display.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2022-05-10 at 01:10 AM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Oh and, isnt a new season of The Boys coming out soon? Gee, i wonder why homelander gets the next fight?

30. - Top - End - #120

BlackDragon

Genuinely, I haven't seen anything from Bardock that matches the "fly so fast it ignites the atmosphere and kills millions" feat Omni-man has.

Sure, Bardock scales to Nappa; he's actually a little bit stronger than him by the time he fights Frieza and dies. Nappa's biggest feat is blowing up a single city. Impressive, by some standards, but not by the scale of the character we're pitting him against. And I'm just drawing from the first season of the Invincible show, I haven't read the comic where apparently Omni-man is significantly stronger according to some people in this thread.

But even then, based on the info I can find, Gas does not "scale to Frieza". He was "the weakest" of his siblings, but considered someone who could ONE DAY SURPASS Frieza if he trained enough. There's a pretty big caveat there even if we take it as strict fact (and given everybody and their grandmother in pre-Dragon Ball backstory material claimed they could one day beat Frieza, including Bardock himself, and they ALL turned out to be dead wrong even when it came to matching against their first form, it should be taken with a huuuuuuuuuuuuge grain of salt).
    In Bardock's special he was claimed to have a power of nearly 10k. Which is just a bit more than half a Vegeta in the Saiyan Saga. Who blew up a planet. Going by the movies, Broly had a power of 10k as well... and blew up a planet. Vegeta stated himself on Namek that he was stronger than King Vegeta back when the Prince had a power of 18k... and the King casually blew up 3 planets.

Bardock just has more damage output than Omniman can handle.