New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tabletop Thread XLIII: "This Is A New LoW For Us All"

Quote Originally Posted by Clistenes View Post
    I have a question for the loremasters:

I don't play tabletop WH40K, but I read the novels and I have tried Dark Heresy a tiny bit...

I have read Horus Heresy Book 5 -Tempest, and I found the Provenances of War interesting.

What I would like to know is; If you take a D-99/Gland Warrior and slap Elite Warrior, Gene-crafted and Cyber-augmented on top of it... how does it compare to units like Sisters of Battle, Skitarii or Tempestus Scions?
    Generally speaking making a warrior that is technically superior to a battle sister, scion or skitarii is quite possible. The Imperial Militia and Cults HH faction can rival space marines in terms of individual ability in specific areas, though they always remain mere humans in other places. They also lack other faction benefits of course, an IMaC soldier can be armed and armoured like a sister of battle but they'll never have faith powers, nor skitarii doctrines or guard orders.

I can't remember the exact details of the IMaC and which upgrades are mutually exclusive at the moment, but S4/T4/4+ save is doable, and physically superior to most other 'human' forces, I think T4/3+ save is doable as well, but I'm not so sure of that one, which is on par with old marines for durability. They can also of course be upgraded to have more attacks than marines, and at the same strength and basically be a bunch of chem-fueled berserker soldiers.

I can't remember exactly what Elite Warrior does, think it's +1 leadership, or is it +1 BS? But the stats would wind up like S4 or 5*, T3, 5-4+ save and 6++. Not bad, but also not amazing.

Gene-crafted as I recall is +1S, and Gland Warriors would probably also have +1S or perhaps +1A.

In theory you could make a soldier who is better (in some circumstances) than even a space marine in the RPGs, it would just be exorbitantly expensive and difficult. It's doable in Dark Heresy, though you have to indulge in some very dark heresy to pull it off via xeno-grafting, and easily doable in Black Crusade but that uses warp rituals to do it. You'd miss out on a bunch of unique benefits like breathing underwater and being resistant to blood loss, and doing the same procedures to a marine would get better results, but you can make a supersoldier strong enough to beat a marine in an arm wrestling match, or even throw one around like a ragdoll from a baseline human.
    Last edited by Grim Portent; 2022-04-07 at 07:29 AM.
    Sanity is nice to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Portent View Post
    Generally speaking making a warrior that is technically superior to a battle sister, scion or skitarii is quite possible. The Imperial Militia and Cults HH faction can rival space marines in terms of individual ability in specific areas, though they always remain mere humans in other places. They also lack other faction benefits of course, an IMaC soldier can be armed and armoured like a sister of battle but they'll never have faith powers, nor skitarii doctrines or guard orders.

I can't remember the exact details of the IMaC and which upgrades are mutually exclusive at the moment, but S4/T4/4+ save is doable, and physically superior to most other 'human' forces, I think T4/3+ save is doable as well, but I'm not so sure of that one, which is on par with old marines for durability. They can also of course be upgraded to have more attacks than marines, and at the same strength and basically be a bunch of chem-fueled berserker soldiers.

I can't remember exactly what Elite Warrior does, think it's +1 leadership, or is it +1 BS? But the stats would wind up like S4 or 5*, T3, 5-4+ save and 6++. Not bad, but also not amazing.

Gene-crafted as I recall is +1S, and Gland Warriors would probably also have +1S or perhaps +1A.

In theory you could make a soldier who is better (in some circumstances) than even a space marine in the RPGs, it would just be exorbitantly expensive and difficult. It's doable in Dark Heresy, though you have to indulge in some very dark heresy to pull it off via xeno-grafting, and easily doable in Black Crusade but that uses warp rituals to do it. You'd miss out on a bunch of unique benefits like breathing underwater and being resistant to blood loss, and doing the same procedures to a marine would get better results, but you can make a supersoldier strong enough to beat a marine in an arm wrestling match, or even throw one around like a ragdoll from a baseline human.
    Thank you very much!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

but you can make a supersoldier strong enough to beat a marine in an arm wrestling match, or even throw one around like a ragdoll from a baseline human.
    Well yeah. Maries are just argumented humans themselves.
    The big thing about them is mostly that its possible to mass produce them.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Here we are a week later and the promised balance update still hasn't materialized. Guess I have to run this weekend's tournament without it.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Here we are a week later and the promised balance update still hasn't materialized. Guess I have to run this weekend's tournament without it.
    It'll probably drop on a Friday like last time. Enjoy your meta of angry clown bees.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

6. - Top - End - #156

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    It'll probably drop on a Friday like last time. Enjoy your meta of angry clown bees.
    None so far, but not all the lists are in yet. Because I delayed the errata cutoff hoping they'd release it (and am off on Friday) I pushed back the list due date to Friday at noon, so we'll see.
    "Courage is the complement of fear. A fearless man cannot be courageous. He is also a fool." -- Robert Heinlein

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

It is impressive how badly GW screwed up on this xD
    Like.. its seems as if they literally didnt playtest this?

8. - Top - End - #158
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Just dropped; https://www.warhammer-community.com/...avourite-army/

I was not expecting the game wide buff to all power armour units! Indirect fire and bodyguard getting the nerfs they deserve was also welcome. I don't know enough about the clowns or Tau to comment on their nerfs, but it seems like this is setting up nids domination for the foreseeable future. So again it's not about balancing the game, but making sure the wheel of "haves and have nots" continues to turn.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

The tyranid rules aren't available to buy yet, which might make them a touch tricky to gather public feedback on.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    The tyranid rules aren't available to buy yet, which might make them a touch tricky to gather public feedback on.
    Very true, I shouldn't place so much blind faith in the early goonhammer review.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie0044 View Post
    Just dropped; https://www.warhammer-community.com/...avourite-army/

I was not expecting the game wide buff to all power armour units! Indirect fire and bodyguard getting the nerfs they deserve was also welcome. I don't know enough about the clowns or Tau to comment on their nerfs, but it seems like this is setting up nids domination for the foreseeable future. So again it's not about balancing the game, but making sure the wheel of "haves and have nots" continues to turn.
    I feel sorry for Ork players though, but overall this is a laugh riot.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Fergie0044 View Post
    So again it's not about balancing the game, but making sure the wheel of "haves and have nots" continues to turn.
    No. You can't...Hey. Wait a second... That's my line!
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    It is impressive how badly GW screwed up on this xD
    Like.. its seems as if they literally didnt playtest this?
    Really? I think this is an overall positive change. Space Marines needed the buff, badly. Indirect fire needed the nerf, badly. As did Bodyguard.

I do feel they went too far with Custodes and Imperial Guard, as I don't think Custodes were that bad, or that Imperial Guard needed to autowound on 6s for all of their weapons.

And honestly, the nerfs to Tau and Harliquins were pretty restrained.

The factions who really lost out were the ones who didn't get touched at all, namely Necrons.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Really? I think this is an overall positive change. Space Marines needed the buff, badly. Indirect fire needed the nerf, badly. As did Bodyguard.

I do feel they went too far with Custodes and Imperial Guard, as I don't think Custodes were that bad, or that Imperial Guard needed to autowound on 6s for all of their weapons.

The factions who really lost out were the ones who didn't get touched at all, namely Necrons.
    I think they were talking about pre nerf Harlies, because sweet god those were gross. 70% win rate is just unforgivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post

That post dates to before the dataslate was released, so he couldn't have been talking about it.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

That post dates to before the dataslate was released, so he couldn't have been talking about it.
    Oh, yep. You are correct. I guess he was talking about pre-nerf Harlequins then.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Unless im a future psychic!

I think they were talking about pre nerf Harlies, because sweet god those were gross. 70% win rate is just unforgivable.
    I saw a 75% win rate listed somewhere. And that included mirror clown matches!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

I saw a 75% win rate listed somewhere. And that included mirror clown matches!
    Someone listed it here and I went a bit insane. Probably because of all the AoE 2 I've been watching where something like that would be nuked by the community within moments. Hell, Civs with 57% overall winrates get sideeyed.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #169

Welp, the 9 Voidweaver list adjusted down to 1500 points got submitted this morning. Ladies and gentlemen, we have our winner.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Is it still a vinner?
    As i understand the Void Weaver isnt nearly as competative at 130 points.
    Thats suddenly more than 2/3 of the army now.

21. - Top - End - #171

Is it still a vinner?
    As i understand the Void Weaver isnt nearly as competative at 130 points.
    Thats suddenly more than 2/3 of the army now.
    The balance dataslate didn't make the errata cutoff. 90 point Voidweavers get one last hurrah, and someone's taking it.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Welp.. no i see.
    Still.. if i had just bought 9 void weavers? you could be dam sure i would use the chance to use them.

23. - Top - End - #173

In 2000 points they'll still have the chance to use them. They'll just have to cut out some things. What made Harlequins so very busted was that everything was so cheap that they could take 9 Voidweavers and the requirements for a battalion and still have like 300 points to play with.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

In 2000 points they'll still have the chance to use them. They'll just have to cut out some things. What made Harlequins so very busted was that everything was so cheap that they could take 9 Voidweavers and the requirements for a battalion and still have like 300 points to play with.
    And now they just don't have that 300. Which may be enough.

Maybe.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

Well as I said, I'm running a 1500 point tournament and dude still took nine, so they can squeeze them in even down 500 points. I'll report on tournament results tomorrow evening.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

I'll report on tournament results tomorrow evening.
    Sounds like it will be a.. circus

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like it will be a.. circus
    Possibly even a Clown Fiesta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Girlfriend and Parents: Why do you spend so much money on that stuff?
    Me: Would you rather I spent all my money on alcohol like others in my peer group?
    G&P: You keep spending as much money as you want!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bossing Around Mad Cats for Fun and Profit: Let's Play MechCommander 2!

Kicking this LP into overdrive: Let's Play StarCraft 2!

28. - Top - End - #178

Harlequins dumpstered everybody, with Crusher Stampede and Custodes in second and third, so no surprises. A beautifully painted Ultramarines army took both best painted and the wooden spoon. It'll be interesting to see how that shakes up next month with the dataslate and new Tyranids codex.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

So.. Harlequins got a solid nerf. And i think Custodes a light nerf?
    While Tyranids get a massive buff in the new codex as far as i understood.

So Tyranids the new Harlequins?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

So.. Harlequins got a solid nerf. And i think Custodes a light nerf?
    While Tyranids get a massive buff in the new codex as far as i understood.

So Tyranids the new Harlequins?
    Custodes got slammed hard. Losing Objective Secured on so much stuff, and their go to stratagems got a lot worse too.

Tyranids might be the new Harlequins, if Crusher Stampede is still legal. It would be so broken that some tournaments aren't even waiting for GW and are preemptively banning it.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show