New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mystic Muse's Mostly Mildly Mediocre Random Banter #238

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post

So, basically, you're watching Death Battle.
    Alright, who wins, Broly or Darkseid?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

No. Calvin Ball is making up the rules as you go along.
    As opposed to comic books, who are well known for having a single explicit ruleset laid out right at the beginning that never changes or gets expanded upon.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Lara Croft has dual Desert Eagles? Geez, that may be the most unrealistic thing about her.
    I think so? I remember from one of the films at least. My understanding is that they're rather heavy guns and they tend to stand out, so their image stuck with me.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Alright, who wins, Broly or Darkseid?
    Which Broly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    As opposed to comic books, who are well known for having a single explicit ruleset laid out right at the beginning that never changes or gets expanded upon.
    I am quoting the rules as currently established rather than making up my own.

Not sure on AnonWiz though. I honestly don't even know what setting they're citing.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Which Broly?
    From the recent Dragonball Super movie, not any of the original non-canon ones.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

So, basically, you're watching Death Battle.
    Only when we start measuring durability in megatons.

And I'm not sure if for Strategists it comes out as less than one or N/A.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Form View Post
    I think so? I remember from one of the films at least. My understanding is that they're rather heavy guns and they tend to stand out, so their image stuck with me.
    Desert Eagle is a hand cannon. It has the largest caliber ammo of almost any handgun, it's big, bulky, heavy, costly, ammo is costly, and has crazy recoil (from what I've seen. Never fired one). Like, "hand cannon" is incredibly accurate for it. Most of the time you only want one pistol, you use both hands with it. Dual wielding looks cool but is much less practical. Dual wielding Desert Eagles.... Well, if you hit what you want to with the first shot, it's going to be gone, so you won't have to worry about how insane the second shot will be (we daren't even try to think of a third!)

Definitely great guns for visuals, though. Standing out is one thing they do in spades.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2022-03-22 at 12:27 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, Lara's standard pistols are in the .45 or 9mm sort of range, the kind of pistol professionals use in two hands but not ridiculously big (in the point of view of somebody who does not know guns). In Angel of Darkness the dual pistols are actually missable (you've got to pick one up in, IIRC, an area under a time limit), and in that case she uses all her guns two handed.

You know, despite all it's faults, AoD probably had the best platforming in the series. It lost the grid of 1-5, but the restricted moveset and limited grip just added to the challenge.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    From the recent Dragonball Super movie, not any of the original non-canon ones.
    So, Darkseid's thing is that every Darkseid is an incarnation of the same multiverse scale entity, a sort of living Cosmic Principal. Regardless of the origin of any given version of Darkseid, they are all ultimately embodiments of the concept of Tyranny.

So whether we're talking an Avatar or the complete conceptual entity is important.

When it comes to an Avatar, he's got a lot of cool magic powers, but the greatest feat of pure destruction he demonstrates is using his Omega beams to severely damage but not Bust a version of Earth.

Broly in the new movie is more than a match for Goku and Vegeta in their God Forms—forms that, in the anime when Goku first achieved it, he and Beerus's battle when Beerus was matching Gokus power almost shook the universe apart—even before becoming a Super Saiyan.

It's also noted that his power level keeps rising as a fight goes on and he does at points demonstrate the green aura that was signature of the "legendary" form popularized by his original self and made canon by Kale and so can presumably be assumed to have tha form as well. The legendary form seems to be roughly equivocal to the ultra bulky form that Trunks tried to use against Cell, but with no drawbacks. It also doesn't consume stamina like the regular super Saiyan form does, and in fact, seems to replenish the user's ki and stamina at a rapid rate over time.

When Broly hit his quote-on-quote peak of power in the Movie, his Super Saiyan form, combined with his berserker state that draws out the power of the Ozaru but focuses it, and the legendary power... We're talking at least a 1000X multiplier over his base form, which was already a potential universe buster.

He'd swat one of Darkseid's avatars like a fly.

If we're talking the "True" Darkseid however, that's a lot harder to answer. You can't normally punch a concept.

When Broly and Super Saiyan Blue Gogeta were fighting, they seemed to temporarily tear a hole in the fabric of space-time. And this wasn't just a visual effect because Gogeta reacted to it.

So I'm gonna say that at full power, Broly could fight True Darkseid... But it wouldn't be easy.

Broly's main advantage, in that case, would be that Darkseid is a sadist. Extending from his nature as an incarnation of Tyranny, he doesn't just want to defeat his opponents. Given the choice, he wants to dominate them. Break them. Let them beg for the death that will never come.

Between Broly's tendency to rage, his possibly mutated an enhanced Saiyan power, the stamina replenishing aspects of the legendary power, and his tendency to keep getting stronger over time(which might e a mutated form of Saiyan power) that's just going to make Broly stronger and put more fight in him. There's a distinct possibility that eventually, Broly's power will reach a point where his potential reality-warping raw might can hurt or even kill True Darkseid.

A possibility. Not a certainty. If True Darkseid caches on that his playing like Broly as if a cat with a cornered mouse is just making Broly stronger and that Broly will eventually be powerful enough to pose a legitimate threat he might just finish Broly off before he can get to that level.

It really comes down to how bad Darkseid's ego is.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh hey, the article about me on Cabin Radio got posted! It's too much for me to look at myself so please enjoy.
    Congrats, LaZodiac! That's amazing.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

So, Darkseid's thing is that every Darkseid is an incarnation of the same multiverse scale entity, a sort of living Cosmic Principal. Regardless of the origin of any given version of Darkseid, they are all ultimately embodiments of the concept of Tyranny.
    So, is Darkseid an avatar of Molag Bal, or is Molag Bal an avatar of Darkseid?
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

12. - Top - End - #132

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    So, is Darkseid an avatar of Molag Bal, or is Molag Bal an avatar of Darkseid?
    Molag Bl is the embodiment of corruption, not Tyranny.

A different form of dominance.

Darkseid will torture you, beat you, or show you an equation that proves mathematically that life is pointless to break your spirit.

Molag Bal will torture you, beat you, or rape you until you either di, swear subservience to him, compromise your deeply held beliefs and morals, or magically transform into some kind of monster.

...Or all of the above.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Molag Bl is the embodiment of corruption, not Tyranny.

A different form of dominance.

Darkseid will torture you, beat you, or show you an equation that proves mathematically that life is pointless to break your spirit.

Molag Bal will torture you, beat you, or rape you until you either di, swear subservience to him, compromise your deeply held beliefs and morals, or magically transform into some kind of monster.

...Or all of the above.
    Molag Bal's sphere encompasses both corruption and domination. He's basically the embodiment of power abuse. If that's not tyranny I don't know what is.

Edit: also with MB, the torture doesn't stop if you die. Dude's invented necromancy, y'know.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2022-03-22 at 01:36 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Molag Bal's sphere encompasses both corruption and domination. He's basically the embodiment of power abuse. If that's not tyranny I don't know what is.

Edit: also with MB, the torture doesn't stop if you die. Dude's invented necromancy, y'know.
    Okay, this is one of those times where there's a nuance that I can perceive but don't have the words to explain right.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, this is one of those times where there's a nuance that I can perceive but don't have the words to explain right.
    I mean, I don't know much about Darkseid, but they legitimely come off as two set of writers trying to express the same concept in their respective media/genres.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Looking good!

It is weird that all your siblings have brown contacts, do they do a lot of acting or something? ,
    Ha ha ha.

Complete with a pair of Desert Eagles and holsters even, judging from the background. Shoulder holsters I'm guessing, so they're visible during streaming? I'm curious what v1.0 will look like.
    Lara Croft has dual Desert Eagles? Geez, that may be the most unrealistic thing about her.
    Desert Eagle is a hand cannon. It has the largest caliber ammo of almost any handgun, it's big, bulky, heavy, costly, ammo is costly, and has crazy recoil (from what I've seen. Never fired one). Like, "hand cannon" is incredibly accurate for it. Most of the time you only want one pistol, you use both hands with it. Dual wielding looks cool but is much less practical. Dual wielding Desert Eagles.... Well, if you hit what you want to with the first shot, it's going to be gone, so you won't have to worry about how insane the second shot will be (we daren't even try to think of a third!)

Definitely great guns for visuals, though. Standing out is one thing they do in spades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Yeah, Lara's standard pistols are in the .45 or 9mm sort of range, the kind of pistol professionals use in two hands but not ridiculously big (in the point of view of somebody who does not know guns). In Angel of Darkness the dual pistols are actually missable (you've got to pick one up in, IIRC, an area under a time limit), and in that case she uses all her guns two handed.

You know, despite all it's faults, AoD probably had the best platforming in the series. It lost the grid of 1-5, but the restricted moveset and limited grip just added to the challenge.
    I'm going off the Tomb Raider: Anniversary version (basically a 7th gen remake of the original game). In that game she uses Colt Mark IV 1911 chambered for .357 ammo. I just spray painted a couple of black toys I found on Amazon, because it's not like I'll be able to walk around with them anyway.

I don't think she's ever used Desert Eagles (although she does use twin Uzis in several games, if unrealistic dual wielding's your thing).

Basically the other .3 that'll lead to v1 is finishing off her belt (I've got all the pieces made and shorts/boots ready; it's just a matter of riveting everything together). Everything after that is just refining the wig, and sorting out a backpack (which I completely forgot about).

And maybe Lucozade for a very British reference.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2022-03-22 at 02:03 PM.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    I'm going off the Tomb Raider: Anniversary version (basically a 7th gen remake of the original game). In that game she uses Colt Mark IV 1911 chambered for .357 ammo. I just spray painted a couple of black toys I found on Amazon, because it's not like I'll be able to walk around with them anyway.

I don't think she's ever used Desert Eagles (although she does use twin Uzis in several games, if unrealistic dual wielding's your thing).

Basically the other .3 that'll lead to v1 is finishing off her belt (I've got all the pieces made and shorts/boots ready; it's just a matter of riveting everything together). Everything after that is just refining the wig, and sorting out a backpack (which I completely forgot about).

And maybe Lucozade for a very British reference.
    I think she gets a Desert Eagle in AoD, relatively early on as well. Doesn't dual wield them, but I believe it is an option.

Looking forward to seeing 1.0!

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

18. - Top - End - #138

BlackDragon

Actually, she gets to wield a single Desert Eagle (dual wielding definitely NOT an option) in Tomb Raider 3. I think the weapon also appeared in Chronicles. Oh, and while the gun *can* be chambered for the .50 Action Express, there are also smaller variants that take .44 or .357 Magnum instead, so it isn't necessarily the biggest calibre handgun around. Especially when monsters like this one exist:

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/577...nter-revolver/

19. - Top - End - #139
    Firbolg in the Playground

With regard to the Gauss Dragon vs. Symbiotes vs. Whatever Else AW Is Talking About thing, I'd like to quickly point out that Hilbert's arrow deals abstract and ideative damage brought forth by the power of ALGEBRA. (Which, admittedly, may be its chief weakness: algebra makes actual sense, so Marvel "science" might be immune to it.)

Desert Eagle is a hand cannon. It has the largest caliber ammo of almost any handgun,
    Emphasis on almost. Even if we discount blatantly ridiculous stuff like the Pfeifer Zeliska or that weird "handgun" for .50 BMG rounds, we still have the RSh-12 with its 12.7×55 mm rounds which it shares with a battle rifle.

Meh, I prefer the AMT Automag V or the Taurus M500 for stupid showboating. They use the same/comparable rounds, while being somehow even more impractical than the DE with lower capacity but longer barrels.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

I double checked; she does get unnamed .50 calibre twin pistols in the first game and the remake. Just to be extra shooty.
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

21. - Top - End - #141

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Emphasis on almost. Even if we discount blatantly ridiculous stuff like the Pfeifer Zeliska or that weird "handgun" for .50 BMG rounds, we still have the RSh-12 with its 12.7×55 mm rounds which it shares with a battle rifle.
    Yeah, I didn't want to commit to an absolute on that. I knew it was up there, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Meh, I prefer the AMT Automag V or the Taurus M500 for stupid showboating. They use the same/comparable rounds, while being somehow even more impractical than the DE with lower capacity but longer barrels.
    I'm cheating here, but I prefer a modified Beretta 93R. Maybe rename it something like "Auto 9" or something.

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Congrats, LaZodiac! That's amazing.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    V0.7 of my Lara Croft cosplay's complete! ...it's super weird seeing myself as a brunette (brown contacts I can get past because I'm the only one of my siblings without them, but the hair just feels so...different).

That's so cool! Congratulations!
    Thank you too! Also goodness that's a good cosplay. You've always kinda been transition goals, so I'm very jealous you can pull that look off.

23. - Top - End - #143

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a very difficult choice to make.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Probably rapid regen. I’m pretty happy with how my body is, minus my eyesight, so any insurance against future catastrophic injuries might be a good bet.

25. - Top - End - #145

Rapid regen, no contest. If that was unavailable, maybe better eyes. Mine are pretty dang good but I like the idea of getting rid of colorblindness and night vision.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Ears and tail. More specifically squirrel, because it would be like being able to summon a pillow at will.

27. - Top - End - #147

Spoiler: Well isn't that delightful.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

1) better eyes, if it would also cure my abnormalities. You don't realise just how necessary sight is until you're struggling to read*. If it's just adding on top of what I have, no thank you.
    2) sex switching. Change my genitals to match the gender I am, hell yes. Hopefully it also allows mixing features, because sometimes you're in-between (assuming, for the purposes of this discussion, that you are me).
    3) assuming better eyes doesn't help and sex switching isn't on the table, rapid regen is a distant third.

* No offence to the blind, but I think they'll agree on just how sight-oriented the world is

Show

29. - Top - End - #149

Spoiler: Well isn't that delightful.
    Show
    Be safe, friend.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #150

Be safe, friend.
    Thanks! It's just watches so far, no warnings, so I'm still feeling pretty good about the drive home soon.