Default Re: The Cold World [OOC Thread]

Apologies for being slow over the past couple of weeks,
    But also... great time to rock a natural 20
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Hope everyone's having a good day so far, because I have some bad news to deliver.

In essence, I've decided I have stop DMing - both this game, and the other one I'm involved in.

It's with a lot of regret I do this, but it's because realistically I have been locked out of free time to actually fit DMing in. Previously I'd get by on doing updates and calculations in down periods at work, but my employer's stopped all use of private USBs, which makes it exceedingly difficult to do all the work in big blocks of time at home - there being other significant demands on my time there as well. Never mind that life, generally, at home, and at work, has become so exhausting I simply have come to the keyboard a lot and just not had the stamina or headspace to update in a satisfying and creative way, quite apart from the lack of significant timeslots to do so.

I've been very conscious of the massive lags in updates between my posts, and I think it is not fair to you, my players, to expect you to wait out weeks of time before I get a post in. You have busy lives as well and I don't want to keep you waiting on posts. But as said, I'm also just exhausted in several dimensions and it's time to admit the obvious and finish this up. I would really have liked to complete more of the game with you guys, but I just can't continue, and so, with significant apologies and the very best wishes for the future, I have to regretfully end the game.

Thanks for all the good times and memories. They're very much appreciated.

- Saintheart

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

I am sorry to hear that.
    Thanks for the game.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Firbolg in the Playground

And thanks for this one as well. The RHoD game was a wilder ride, given the marvelously lenient character creation rules, but the setting here (and how you made room for our folks in it) was absolutely a thing of beauty and I hope it will see use somewhere, somehow in the future.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Thank you for having me, Saintheart. Please stay safe.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

I’m sorry to hear that as Njals exploration of the Hardwalker Bay has been great fun and have really enjoyed how detailed your world is

On a different note, is that something you’d be willing to share more of? As it’s a lovely world and the Norse and winter/frost burn theme is great
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar