New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Vigil 8: Try jumping

Bird Hunting

"I don't know, this thing's outside my experiences. I think birds that can be paintings are outside everyone's experiences, really." If the hoopoe is an artificial entity, then there's at least one person for whom that isn't true. Felicity doesn't really want to damage the painting by cutting the bird out, not immediately anyway. She'd rather see if she can take a sample of what should be paint, see if the hoopoe has integrated into the painting and is painted onto the canvas or if it's simply a two-dimensional projection onto whatever might be painted underneath.

The hoopoe doesn't react to the shaking, remaining still on the canvas and not moving.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Cessie's Office]

Cessie stares up at the ceiling for a moment. "I wouldn't say unstable despite what happened during that storm. I was just about to tell her that we had run our scans and as far as we could tell she had no lingering traces of the enchantment which controlled her. That said, it's not like we've had the chance to do a proper psychological evaluation of her." The commander raises her hands into the air in a shrug. "There is no way she'd accept one as I'm fairly certain I'd get stonewalled by just bringing up the subject." She leans back in her seat. "But what's more relevant here the only reason I think she would even consider doing this for us is the fact she believes she owes us a favor after freeing her from the enchantment but there's no way to tell for sure until I ask." The commander let's out a small sigh. "Her allegiances seem complex at best and right now I'm trying to find out a bit more about them. I'm guessing she'd work pretty well with HALO though like you suggested. They certainly have the same focus on knowledge."

Cessie strokes her chin. "But speaking of HALO, it sounds like you know them by their scientific reputation already. But HALO actually used to be the primary enforcers of 'good' within the nexus as they predate us by quite a bit. Their focus fell to other dimensions while we were handling things here however and eventually due to some leader disputes they changed focus and become the scientists and scholars you know today. But they still are quite capable of engaging in warfare as far as I can tell even if their focus have shifted."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-03-31 at 05:12 PM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

Thariza isn't sure how fine Ambrosia is, given her friend's tendency to downplay things. But she's right that she doesn't need her hovering around.

"Alright, let's go," she simply says as she follows Blanche.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Bird Hunting]

Back to the labs!

Lapis is very excited, despite Felicity's pessimism.

They're going to unravel the secrets of the Boss Bird for sure!

"The science people at VIGIL are very smart Miss Felicity there must be someone who knows how to science birds," Lapis ventures.

There MUST be!

No mystery is truly intractable!

A few of the other science staff will definitely give Lapis and Felicity some curious looks. If details are shared about this particular project they may be surprised to discover none other than Geneva Richards waiting for them in the halls.

"Word spread quickly that VIGIL's most mysterious visitor has been captured," Geneva, presently in pink-haired human form informs them. "I've been lead to believe this organism is able to teleport itself in some capacity?"

"It makes another copy in another place then the first one disappears Miss Geneva!" Lapis is more than happy to inform her.

"That's an unusual approach to the teleportation problem. If the two of you would like to accompany me back to the non-Newtonian motion lab we can get to work."

Lapis grins up at Felicity (while still keeping at least one pair of eyes on the bird. "See? We can science the bird good!"

Science isn't a verb, Lapis.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #125

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Cessie's Office]

Cessie stares up at the ceiling for a moment. "I wouldn't say unstable despite what happened during that storm. I was just about to tell her that we had run our scans and as far as we could tell she had no lingering traces of the enchantment which controlled her. That said, it's not like we've had the chance to do a proper psychological evaluation of her." The commander raises her hands into the air in a shrug. "There is no way she'd accept one as I'm fairly certain I'd get stonewalled by just bringing up the subject." She leans back in her seat. "But what's more relevant here the only reason I think she would even consider doing this for us is the fact she believes she owes us a favor after freeing her from the enchantment but there's no way to tell for sure until I ask." The commander let's out a small sigh. "Her allegiances seem complex at best and right now I'm trying to find out a bit more about them. I'm guessing she'd work pretty well with HALO though like you suggested. They certainly have the same focus on knowledge."

Cessie strokes her chin. "But speaking of HALO, it sounds like you know them by their scientific reputation already. But HALO actually used to be the primary enforcers of 'good' within the nexus as they predate us by quite a bit. Their focus fell to other dimensions while we were handling things here however and eventually due to some leader disputes they changed focus and become the scientists and scholars you know today. But they still are quite capable of engaging in warfare as far as I can tell even if their focus have shifted."
    [Cessie's Office]

"Nevertheless, she has been compromised, and recently. It would be unwise to rely on her stability witbout giving her a chance to rest first, and we may not have that luxury."

Khafir straightens. "Yes, I know of HALO by its reputation. I even considered applying there. But, as you have no doubt gathered, VIGIL better suited my interests and the parameters I am used to working with." She takes a minute to tuck a loose hair back behind her ear. "It would seem that, regardless of whether Ambrosia is to be dispatched on this mission, we will be relying on a HALO operative. Which would mean it's time to, if I'm using the phrase right, 'give them a ring'?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

6. - Top - End - #126

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Dragon Storm - Outside]

Thariza isn't sure how fine Ambrosia is, given her friend's tendency to downplay things. But she's right that she doesn't need her hovering around.

"Alright, let's go," she simply says as she follows Blanche.
    Dragon Storm - Cat Chat

Blanche will lead Thariza off to the side somewhere, just far enough to be private without feeling particularly isolating from the rest of the charr's allies. "Would you mind providing me with an account of the events here from your perspective? We have a general understanding of what went on from Ambrosia, but we don't quite understand how you were involved beyond arriving to calm her down." The catgirl clicks open a pen, ready to take notes.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #127

[Cessie's Office]

"Well, you try to explain to Ambrosia that we're setting her up with a 'handler'." Khafir should definitely not be the person that explains that to her. "Not going to go over well however I try to frame it. But yes, perhaps HALO have a couple of ideas." And with that, she's going to give HALO a call.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Bird Hunting

Yes, Felicity will explain if asked why she's carrying a painting with Lapis, who has more eyes than usual. Though given her boxes of triffid seeds and her other efforts at sourcing supernatural biological samples, people are mostly used to her carrying things.

"Uh, hi! Yes, Lapis found it. She says it's in the painting, the hoopoe I think. Do you know how to determine if it's turned itself into a part of the painting or if it's turned itself into a two-dimensional projection onto the painting? And how to make it not do that so I can maybe see if I can get a blood sample or something from it?" If it's part of the painting, a scrape of what should be hoopoe would contain orange paint. If it's a projection onto the painting, such an attempt won't contain orange paint. But that's a test likely for the hoopoe to notice, if it hasn't already realised its cover is blown.

9. - Top - End - #129

[Bird Hunting]

"I have a few ideas how we could investigate that Felicity but I would like to start with something non-invasive first to try to narrow down exactly how our guest is teleporting," Geneva says as she crosses the room to a computer console and enters several commands. One by one a series of wildly different looking machines around the parameter of the room begin activating.

Some hum. Some light up. Some glow. Some flash will strange geometric shapes. One of which happens to be a crown-like image in a somewhat abstract form.

Lapis reacts instantly to that last one, unfolding violently in such a way that her child shape is still visible and tessellated across her alien form like fragments of a poorly matched texture map.

"Aah! What is that Miss Geneva I don't like it!" Lapis wails, clearly distressed though she doesn't sound like she is in pain. In spite of this she manages to valiantly keep her eyes on the bird.

"Any array of every system for preventing non-Newtonian motion that I've thus far been able to identify, including several for preventing Newtonian motion in non-standard spatial dimensions," Geneva replies before giving Lapis an apologetic look. "Sorry, I should have warned you. I wasn't aware your form changing relies on-"

She glances at the screen again.

"Hyper-loop dimensions? That's actually really fascinating. If you were willing to submit to some tests later that would be really helpful," Geneva adds.

"I guess maybe?" the small seraph replies. She doesn't sound terribly enthusiastic about it though.

"Alright. Lapis could you please stop observing the bird? I would like to see if my composite dimensional anchor array can successfully keep it in place."

Lapis nods and closes her eyes resulting in-!
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-04-02 at 09:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

[Dragon Storm - Cat Chat]

Thariza sighs deeply. She should have expected this, really. She doesn't want to lie, but she doesn't want to snitch on Ambrosia, either.

"I was there with her when she challenged this King in Rags. I saw her fly off towards the island and she asked me to stop her through her human body. She's my friend and I accompany her on research expeditions often. I'm... something of a scholar in training, I guess."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #131

Dragon Storm - Cat Chat

"Hm, I see." The catgirl jots a couple things down, making note of the two's association. "So you were there when she clashed with the King in Rags, and when he then subsequently achieved control over her?" Her tone lacks any sort of accusation to it - if anything, it's studious with a tinge of curiosity.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

"No, I was guarding her human body. I only saw what was happening from a distance." Thariza tries to be brief and to the point. "She flew in, I saw a storm crash against the court, and then she started flying towards here."

13. - Top - End - #133
    Orc in the Playground

Bird Hunting

Another thing that might be picked up on- although Geneva might already be aware of this- is that Felicity is slightly less flammable. A network of extradimensional canals linking Felicity's spleen, kidneys, and various glands with an exceedingly large extradimensional reservoir of volatile hydrocarbons have been restricted, though not totally blocked.

The hoopoe has noticed the hampering of extradimensional travel, which is preventing it from converting itself from two to three dimensions. But it starts to move across the painting, taking off and flying towards the edge of the frame where it will... pass into the frame and out of the picture into another one. This time, it travelled using a different method than before- it used a one-dimensional gateway to another painting, rather than bilocating itself and disappearing, possibly because the last time it travelled it went from three dimensions to two and this time it's staying in two dimensions.

The tag, if it remains, tells Lapis that it's now quite a distance away, still in two dimensions.

14. - Top - End - #134

[Bird Hunting]

"Oh no Miss Geneva the bird got away!" Lapis laments as the Boss Bird flies the coop!

"That's fine,"
    Geneva says, examining her computer screen still. She flicks a switch, causing the composite dimensional anchor array (CDAA!) to begin cycling through a standby mode.

Which a shudder Lapis returns to small child shape.

"I got some really useful data on the departing bird. If calling it a bird is even right. It used a one dimensional line segment to create a two dimensional bridge between this painting and... I would guess another one? Interesting! Usually mirror and shadow teleportation involves constructing three dimensional bridges between two dimensional media, so this is a related but different process. Hmm... I believe with a few modifications my mirror-blocker should be able to account for the step down in dimensional resolution. Let's see-"

She heads over to one of the machines which...

Looks like a really fancy mirror cast out of pure shadow, its intricate rim carved with swirling geometric designs. Geneva takes out a fancy looking little tool and begins adding some extremely fine additions to the designs.

"Technically the edge of a sheet of paper isn't truly one dimensional; it's still a two-dimensional surface, merely with negligible width. This anchor wasn't designed to account for such narrow jumping off points, so I believe... there! That should do it!" she says, before pocking the tool and heading back to her computer. "Now then, simply a matter of triangulating the the destination based on its point of origin and the network of gate-detectors I've installed around the Nexus, locking onto the residual interstitial space wake left by something moving through the gate, reversing the polarity on the thaumon flow, and-!"

Geneva types out a series of commands on her keyboard, hits the execute button, and the Boss Bird may suddenly find itself yanked back into the Bird Painting Lapis is holding moments before the CDAA hums back to life.

15. - Top - End - #135

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

The scholar beams at Utoya. "Excellent, I look forward to it." Then she's interrupted by Blanche's approach, giving the catgirl a curious look. Since when had she gotten so close to the commanders?

She doesn't seem to think much of her request though. "That's quite alright." Ambrosia remarks as she waves her gloved hand dismissively to Thariza as Blanche proposes this. "You don't have to watch over me, Thariza. I might be a bit tired but otherwise I'm good."[/COLOR]
    [Dragon Storm - Outside]

Though despite her claims of only being 'a bit' tired, as soon as Thariza and Blanche has left, the scholar moves to sit down at a nearby bench and closes her eyes for a moment. Almost looking as if she had fallen asleep the moment she sat down.

But they snap open soon enough, her gaze darting straight to her tome that Spako is still busy with. Almost as she had been afraid he'd fly off with it the moment she let her guard down.

Ambrosia mumbles something incomprehensible and turns her attention to Utoya instead. "Actually, perhaps you could tell me how you came to be here right now?"

16. - Top - End - #136

"Did you see any signs of pursuit from the King in Rags?" The catgirl waits for a beat, before addressing any confusion this question might bring. "We are... trying to better gauge the King in Rags's ability to influence, just how much distance may play a part in it."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Thariza scratches her snout.

"No, I don't think so. I only saw her and her storm fly towards here. I think he got inside somehow and twisted her up."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

Though despite her claims of only being 'a bit' tired, as soon as Thariza and Blanche has left, the scholar moves to sit down at a nearby bench and closes her eyes for a moment. Almost looking as if she had fallen asleep the moment she sat down.

But they snap open soon enough, her gaze darting straight to her tome that Spako is still busy with. Almost as she had been afraid he'd fly off with it the moment she let her guard down.

Ambrosia mumbles something incomprehensible and turns her attention to Utoya instead. "Actually, perhaps you could tell me how you came to be here right now?"
    [Dragon Storm - Outside]

Utayo watches Ambrosia with some visible concern, but considers it too impolite to comment. She seats herself next to Ambrosia. She considers her answer for a moment before she replies, considering what Thariza had seen. "I have a means to travel great distances, though it's often imprecise. I'm something of an explorer, you see. A wandering spirit. I was simply looking for a new venture when I found myself in this land."

19. - Top - End - #139

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

"A traveling spirit? That sounds like a way I should start describing myself as that's exactly what I do. But you've managed to make machines that allows you to do all this then? Since that sounds convenient." Certainly better than having to lift her human body off the ground and carry it around everywhere whenever she needed to travel faster than just walking or riding.

20. - Top - End - #140

Dragon Storm - Cat Chat

"I see." Blanche thinks for a second. "If that's true, there's reason to be... a little concerned about the distance and possible power of the King in Rags's powers of mental manipulation. Particularly considering you had to snap Ambrosia out of it rather than any clear sign of his influence fading away with time and distance."

The medic frowns, lowering the clipboard. "Tell me... do you think there may be a possibility for some of the King's influence to still remain, after all of this? There is... some concern that this might somehow happen again, although we don't want to offend Ambrosia by raising it towards her directly."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

Bird Hunting

The hoopoe was projecting itself onto the painting, without actually being part of the painting. It was a true two-dimensional entity, which fled through a truly one-dimensional gateway, not just a negligibly wide one; it had no thickness, no width, just a length.

Still, Geneva's machine works and sucks the hoopoe back into the painting via its own bridge, and... it appears to have some camouflage effect active, as it reappears as a crayon drawing of orange and black. It takes a few seconds for the alleged bird to adapt back to the painting's own oil-and-canvas medium, and it flies to the edge of the painting in another attempt to escape.

22. - Top - End - #142

[Bird Hunting]

Lapis really doesn't like the thing that Miss Geneva's machines do. They make her all uncurled at once and it feels kind of icky. But she knows that it is important for keeping the Boss Bird from getting away so she'll just endure it.

Speaking of the Boss Bird!

It collides with the edge of the frame, its bridge unable to form thanks to the recent modifications to the shadow mirror. The bird appears to be trapped.

"All systems appear to be in working order. Dimensional anchor is holding. Lapis, in your report you said that Anika got the impression that the bird is a person trapped in that shape? But that was a ruse to allow it to get away?" Geneva asks, to which Lapis nods. "That's suggestive of psychic contact or some form of magical charm. Felicity I'm going to be extending a psychic screen over both of use just in case the bird uses some form of attack. You may collect those samples you were wanting now."

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

"Not precisely. It's a magical talent of my own. I can transmit myself great distances." Utayo corrects. It's not untrue. "Thankfully going home is easier than leaving. It's something I need to... feel out."

24. - Top - End - #144

[CATastrophe]

"Hello Miss Eun's kitties!" Lapis calls out as she opens the door, using her leg to block the opening and pushing it juuuust wide enough so she can slip in.

Because if she does otherwise the cats might escape.

What is Lapis doing in here?

Why, taking care of Miss Eun's cats of course!

Miss Eun is on vacation and someone needs to take care of the kitties while she's gone!

And to prove that she is a good friend Lapis offered to tend to them!

It's just one more job on her list of jobs here at VIGIL.

And it probably won't be any harder than trimming bushes, right?

25. - Top - End - #145

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

"So where are you from then?" She gestures at the moonfolk. "You don't seem to be around here." Though the same could basically be said from pretty much everyone else here.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Dragon Storm - Cat Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    "I see." Blanche thinks for a second. "If that's true, there's reason to be... a little concerned about the distance and possible power of the King in Rags's powers of mental manipulation. Particularly considering you had to snap Ambrosia out of it rather than any clear sign of his influence fading away with time and distance."

The medic frowns, lowering the clipboard. "Tell me... do you think there may be a possibility for some of the King's influence to still remain, after all of this? There is... some concern that this might somehow happen again, although we don't want to offend Ambrosia by raising it towards her directly."
    Thariza really doesn't like the sound of this. But...

"I don't know. I think it was weakened by your people and then Ambrosia devoured the rest. And she doesn't plan to confront him again."

27. - Top - End - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [CATastrophe]

"Hello Miss Eun's kitties!" Lapis calls out as she opens the door, using her leg to block the opening and pushing it juuuust wide enough so she can slip in.

Because if she does otherwise the cats might escape.

What is Lapis doing in here?

Why, taking care of Miss Eun's cats of course!

Miss Eun is on vacation and someone needs to take care of the kitties while she's gone!

And to prove that she is a good friend Lapis offered to tend to them!

It's just one more job on her list of jobs here at VIGIL.

And it probably won't be any harder than trimming bushes, right?
    [CATastrophe]

mrow!

Lapis is greeted by ten little green eyes staring up at her, belonging to the five cats that flock to the door at the sound of it opening. As soon as she's inside, the quintet of felines will begin rubbing up against her legs, purring out a welcome for her.

Of course, Lapis will know by now that these are not any ordinary housecats. By accident or design, Eun came across a thought-form a while back and has been taking care of it. Five more have since materialized and kept her company whenever she came back to her quarters. They look a little funny from certain viewing angles (that humans can't achieve) but are otherwise probably even more harmless than they appear to be.

It's been a while since Lapis has been in Eun's quarters, so she might be surprised by how different it looks these days. Her sleeping pod is still where it was, in the back of the room. Nearer the entrance, there's a leather sofa with decorative pillows and a blanket over the back, neatly folded. Said sofa faces a small cabinet with double doors, which has a disc-like device on top of it which is projecting a holographic image of an aquarium (it's immersive, so there appear to be fish flying through the air around the sofa). Sensing Lapis's presence, a little window appears nearby, hovering in place and displaying what appears to be a standard set of remote controls; play, pause, change channel, that sort of thing.

Further back, there's a half-wall that designates an area for eating and preparing food; it's very small, consisting of a table big enough for two, a pair of soft-looking chairs, and a countertop with an ornamental wax fruit bowl, which has a folded piece of paper tucked just a little under it. There's also a line-up of twelve bowls near the counter, all of which are currently empty. There's another door in the back that presumably leads to the bathroom and some closet space.

Well. Lapis has the place to herself. What's she going to do with all these kitties?

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

28. - Top - End - #148

[CATastrophe]

"Hello kitties! You're all good kitties," Lapis informs the felinoids, petting them and patting them as they rub on her legs, gifting her with a wealth of shed fur. She'll begin tagging them in rapid succession, not because she needs to slay them or anything but to learn their names.

It is worth mentioning that Lapis exudes no mental, emotional, magical, or metaphysical energies of any kind. She is utterly inert and as such likely isn't a great food source for the pathovores.

But they still need regular food, right?

Lapis really loves the pretend fish tank but first she's going to check the little note on the table since Miss Eun probably left that for her maybe.

She's hoping it is kitty feeding instructions since she isn't actually sure how to take care of cats.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2022-04-06 at 11:03 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [CATastrophe]

"Hello kitties! You're all good kitties," Lapis informs the felinoids, petting them and patting them as they rub on her legs, gifting her with a wealth of shed fur. She'll begin tagging them in rapid succession, not because she needs to slay them or anything but to learn their names.

It is worth mentioning that Lapis exudes no mental, emotional, magical, or metaphysical energies of any kind. She is utterly inert and as such likely isn't a great food source for the pathovores.

But they still need regular food, right?

Lapis really loves the pretend fish tank but first she's going to check the little note on the table since Miss Eun probably left that for her maybe.

She's hoping it is kitty feeding instructions since she isn't actually sure how to take care of cats.
    [CATastrophe]

Flicking through the tags, Lapis will learn their names quickly enough. There's Babo, who she already knows. Then there's Gom, who seems to like spending a lot of his time reared up on his hind legs. That shy one is named Tiger; he does look the part, but certainly doesn't act it. Then there's Martin, who is still aggressively rubbing his head against Lapis's legs, and Sable, who has hopped back up onto the stand and is trying to catch one of the holographic fish (with predictable results).

As Lapis suspected, the note on the countertop is indeed a note for her, containing feeding instructions.

Lapis,

Thanks again for agreeing to take care of my cats while I'm away. They're all very well behaved and they shouldn't give you any trouble; just give them a scoop of kibble each once a day, and keep their water bowls full. I left two whole bags under the counter, and they're good for forty-five scoops each; that should give you enough for the two weeks I'll be gone, plus one more day in case I'm late coming home.

Thanks again!
    -Eun
    While three of the cats have more or less lost immediate interest in Lapis, the other two are still being quite affectionate; tangible source of sustenance or not, she's still good for pets and cuddles and of course they like her.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragon Storm - Outside]

"So where are you from then?" She gestures at the moonfolk. "You don't seem to be around here." Though the same could basically be said from pretty much everyone else here.
    [Dragon Storm - Outside]

"Yes, the place I'm from is called Kamigawa. It's quite distant from here; I doubt you've ever heard of it." She replies. "But enough about me. I'm curious to know more about this place. Vigil, was it? The people here seem quite organized, but to what purpose?"