New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) An Unceasing Hunger [Actual Cannibal Shia LaBeouf]

Quote Originally Posted by MaltholLoth View Post
    "Be careful what you show me to do though... As I may just do it.." Jim then quickly but gently taps his foot on Carine's.
    In lieu of answering, Carine trills back a faint and painfully near-tuneless I feel it in my fingers / I feel it on my toes… as they move past the the doorframe to leave the little cabin of horrors behind, humming on for a while to properly avenge herself.

Quote Originally Posted by MaltholLoth View Post
    "Hmm we should hurry, it's looking like it's getting dark." he says looking out at the sky. As they hear the noise and turn to it "What in blue blazes!" he secures his grip on Carine as they set to go.
    Carine emits a shrill gasp when the rumble is heard and her poor, naive body makes a pathetic attempt at jumping which, given her current state of disrepair, mostly just results in her losing her balance. Were it not for Jim, she would likely end up grounding her behind. Can that… Does that mean he's ****ing ahead of us? Is that fire? Clinging close to Jim, she feels her legs growing as heavy as lead and her breathing going heavier yet. She sucks in the air with rapid, loud huffs and her eyes begin to itch and water slightly.

Spoiler: Carine
    Show

Blood tokens: 4/5
    Item: folding spade (equipped)
    Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-04-21 at 11:15 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that was probably the truck exploding now.... good God! At least if a fire broke out and got large enough, maybe firefighters would come to put out the blaze. But would they be able to escape the inferno??

The lodge was an absolute disaster. Something happened here. Chelsea hurries over to the reception area in search of a working phone. If that doesn't pan out, there was always the EMPLOYEES ONLY area...

Spoiler: Chelsea
    Show
    Blood Tokens: 5
    items: bikini
    -excellent swimmer
    -fairly dirty

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Whoa! Easy there little songbird" he says as he takes her weight. "Are you ok? Do you want me to go grab you some more water or something?" coming round before her to better keep hold.

"I think it was some kind of fire yes..." He doesn't want to answer her other question, the answers he think of are bad news. If Shia wasn't there it could mean there was more like him. If he is ahead and at the lodge, there may not be the help he desired and Carine needed but still was better chance.

Spoiler: Jim
    Show
    Blood tokens: 5
    Item(s): multitool with torch, cabin kitchen knife, couple of alcoholic wipes
    Dressed: Comfy waking boots, loose cargo trousers, loose t-shirt and lightweight waterproof coat

4. - Top - End - #94

The huffing rapidly transitions into erratic, muffled sobbing as Carine buries her face into Jim's chest. No, I just… [sob] I'm just fed up with… [sob] This ****. With this, this whole ****ing ****. [sob] I don't… [sob] Don't wanna be some creep's chewtoy, I… [sob] Just wanna go home, have some coffee and medical… [sob] Medical ****ing attention… she gurgles, as the warm moisture of fresh tears begins to spread across Jim's shirt.

Show

Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze, an ongoing breakdown

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jim deflates for a moment and just holds her. This... this was different. A pat on the shoulder and 'there, there!' didn't feel like it would cut it. Just what was he to do...

He leans his head down on hers, pats her shoulder, and says "There, there!". You damn fool Jim.

"I want that too, well not the coffee or medical stuff but... You're right. This isn't a situation I want to be in... That Shia ...Le.... Booof." he says failing to think of an appropriate insult to change his name to; "I'll not let him touch you. And together, we will get through this. We will get out of here. You and I."

Spoiler: Jim :)
    Show
    Item(s): multitool with torch, cabin kitchen knife, couple of alcoholic wipes
    Dressed: Comfy waking boots, loose cargo trousers, loose t-shirt (partially tear soaked with added snot no doubt) and lightweight waterproof coat

6. - Top - End - #96

It takes some time and some more crying, but in the end, Jim's efforts prove succesful. While still shaky, Carine manages to squeeze out a feeble but heartfelt Thank you, Jim. and a You're still the best crutch ever. between her ever more infrequent sobs. The (surprisingly therapeutic) crisis averted, she pulls back somewhat, trying to blink and wipe some excess saltwater out of her eyes, looks up at Jim somewhat apologetically and, following a sudden, whimsical urge, places her free hand on his shoulder and pulling herself up on tiptoes plants a little kiss on Jim's nose. He kind of earned it. With that, she shifts back by the man's side. Okay. Will try to be less of a mess. she reassures him, not quite as convincingly as she hoped she would. Let's get out of here, you and I and all that.

Show

Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chelsea hurries toward the counter and, looking over it. She can see, among the other, more negligible, slowly drying traces of blood and the computer keyboard that has been shattered into several shards, two phones, one landline, and one cellular. Unfortunately, the landline phone has had the receiver snapped in two. The speaker portion is sitting perfectly within its cradle while the microphone is off to the side of the dock with its cable to the base unit still intact. The cell phone is a clearer blockade, as it is face down on the desk in a pool of blood. The rear cover is missing, and the battery has been removed. An older smartphone then. In any case, in the space where a battery should be is a trio of small, white, round pills. So far as Chelsea can see from a cursory look, they don't seem to have markings as to what they are, and they could almost be mistaken for mints if not for the distinctive score-line running down the middle of each pill.
    A movement in her peripheral vision causes her to instinctively look up at something that the stone chimney had previously blocked from her view. Silhouetted high up against the window is the shape of a person hanging upside-down by a rope tied around one of their legs leading up to the ceiling beams. The motion that caught her attention was the person bending and trying to reach their arms up to grab at their bound leg. Chelsea can see as this person repeatedly tries and fails to maintain a grip on their leg or the rope tying it.

Carine's emotions settled, the duo move on in the direction of the lodge. Carine's injury impacts their top speed, but they nonetheless make reasonable time in their journey. Most of the travel is uneventful until they've covered roughly a quarter of the distance between the cabins and the lodge, as that is when they hear singing. It's faint and distant, far in front of them and likely carried by the wind. The words are lost in the space between the pair and the singer, but the voice is one that Carine recognizes. It's less guttural and aggressive, but she can identify the voice that spoke to her before. The one that talked about having dinner.
    Perhaps the wind carried a piece more clearly, or maybe they merely imagined it, but they recognized the words for a moment.
    -ere's no beginning / There'll be no end...

8. - Top - End - #98
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Cos oh my love, you can depend" Jim quietly continues and smiles. "I didn't think anyone else would be out here singing after hearing that..." he then says as the wind whips away the sound.

Spoiler: Jim ?
    Show
    Item(s): multitool with torch, cabin kitchen knife, couple of alcoholic wipes, (if allowed to backtrack..) a door handle?
    Dressed: Comfy waking boots, loose cargo trousers, loose t-shirt (partially tear soaked with added snot no doubt) and lightweight waterproof coat

9. - Top - End - #99

Unlike Jim, Carine doesn't smile. Her face distorts into an expression of pure, undiluted revulsion and horror instead, and she shudders, her grip on both Jim and the spade tightening. It's him. she states in a small, infirm voice. He spoke to me on the hill. Called me his dinner. she continues, the pallor of her face turning more and more spectral.

Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As Carine tenses up and tells Jim the bad news, he is equally now worried. He peers into the gloom before them, going to make out a sight of the moking Shia. "Can you see him? We might be able to sneak past him. Staying here won't help though, we should continue, he could be heading off back up the path you came from... I hope". As he says the final part, he plays the handle of the knife into a fresh grip.

Show
    Item(s): multitool with torch, cabin kitchen knife, couple of alcoholic wipes, (if allowed to backtrack..) a door handle?

11. - Top - End - #101

Carine shakes her head nervously. Can't be that close. she murmurs, still holding to Jim as though her life depended on it. Must be farther down that… at this point it dawns upon her. She closes her eyes for a moment and her whole body just sags. The lodge. Creep's been there or will be. Or he's squatting on the path.

Show

Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze, a developing defeatism

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Chelsea calls up to the person hanging from the rope, "Hey, are you alright??"

"I don't know if I can get you down right now. Just whatever you do, don't tell that psycho I'm here!"

Show
    -excellent swimmer
    -fairly dirty

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Carine's collapse catches him off guard and has hold of her only when she nar the ground if not already sat. Helping her back up, he looks at her, nudges her head with his nose to get her to look him in the eyes. "It's your choice, I'll support you with what you want to do. We can go on..., or back, or..."

14. - Top - End - #104

Carine looks back at Jim, a ghost of the smile being nudged like that put on her face still visible for split second before it fades away, only leaving a blank, serious and very, very tired expression behind. Dunno, Jim. she mumbles. Be someplace else, I guess. she muses. Or just lie down and not give a ****. Less of a hassle. she adds with an awkward shrug.

But then, her face suddenly darkens. Damn it. She lowers her head, and closing her eyes forcefully, she clenches her teeth in an almost comical display of being pissed. Damn it! She's whining. Again. Geez. I kind of promised I won't be like this, didn't I? she mutters, meeting Jim's gaze again. You know what? she asks with sudden, childishly fierce determination. I'm done. Done with this all. We keep moving. And if he shows, we kill the mother****er.

Show

Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze, serious mood swings

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I don't think anyone could blame you for breaking that one" he says with a wink. Then as Carine gives her rousing speech, Jim feels all the more heartened and gives fist pump and a "Yeerrrr!" swinging round besides her, he gives a nod and an extra squeeze from his supporting arm. "Lets go!"

Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Naturally enough, Carine comes to regret expressing some good old murderous intent almost immediately. She's about to explain that she's not half as keen on engaging in combat and killing people dead as she must have sounded (she literally wouldn't hurt a fly; a cockroach, perhaps, but not a fly), Jim, however, proves faster. And very much open to the idew, which Carine finds a lot more reassuring than she probably should under different circumstances. Yeerr indeed. she mumbles, sparing Jim of any further elaboration on how this proves that suspending and upending the normative sequence of reflection and action is conducive to the liberation of the natural initiative of Man, merely making an attempt at imitating his gesture with his spade arm and gently returning the squeeze.

Show

Other belongings: white one-shoulder T-shirt, light gray high ankle skinny jeans (now slightly redesigned), flat thong sandals, a dishtowel and half a roll of gauze, serious mood swings

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jim notices Carine's lack lustre cry of defiance. Was she getting tired, quite possibly. Oh no! Was she just saying that because she thought it's what I wanted to hear? But that's why he had said it. He can't back down now, he's not normally a liar and would rather not give that impression.

"Why don't you tell me more about your err... Liberation... Thing" Jim offers to distract her but regretting it as soon as he starts to speak and knowing that he couldn't recall how she had described it.

Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Carine's eyes spark back into life, although the surge of vigor is short-lived and her answer comes out just as hushed and languid as before. It's not a cult thing or biopolitics or anything. she says with a hint of suspicion in her voice. More like a conscious option to practice l'acte gratuit. Restoring organic self-regulation through the suspension of reflective precedence. Got a book on it, if you're interested. she mutters faintly, but with obvious enthusiasm, before biting her lower lip. It's in French, though.

Show

Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-04-25 at 06:42 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jim considers the words slowly as they walk. "Are you saying, that you've stopped thinking about yourself in self study and analysis, in order to return to just being yourself... Or going with the flow?" he offers. "I would be interested, though the French part may cause an issue. Unless you're willing to sit there reading it to me" then laughing quietly, not expecting a affirmative answer.

20. - Top - End - #110

Not exactly, no. Nothing wrong with reflexion in itself. Carine explains with a very serious face. So long as it's not a means of control impeding the autonomy of action. Impulse is not subversive. It just kind of happens. What's imposed quasi-externally, subverting the inherent organicity of being an actant, is rational control in accordance with normative convention, sometimes under the guise of sublimation. River's just there; dam's made to break the flow and redirect its mo- at this point she stumbles and very nearly falls forward due to letting go of Jim in an instinctive bid to gesticulate. -mentum. Damn. she hisses, which quickly morphs into a faint chuckle. As for sitting, if we live, I'll kind of do that a lot for a while. May as well sit around a fun guy like you, doing fun stuff. she adds, prodding Jim's shoulder playfully with her head.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chelsea watches as the dangling figure swivels its head about, looking for the voice's source. Finally, it settles, seeming to face Chelsea, though she can't be entirely sure with only the individual's silhouette to examine.
    The figure speaks in a seemingly higher-pitched male voice, clearly laced with fear and possibly a touch of delirium.
    "Oh, there's still someone alive? That's... good? I'm not sure. I'm not feeling too good. I think blood is pooling in my head, and my leg hurts, and that looks like quite the drop. Everything is red and- has he seen you?" he rambles, the last question interrupting the flow of words with a suddenly clear tone.

As Jim and Carine continue down the path to the lodge, the philosophical discussion is undoubtedly a welcome distraction from the dreadful situation they are currently trapped in. However, it also serves as a distraction from the ground underfoot, and a length of twine stretched across the path a few inches off the ground. That twine goes unnoticed until Jim feels it pressing against his shin enough to draw his attention as he can see it go from taut against his leg to suddenly slack as something off to their right emits an audible snap. Turning, they can see a boulder, far bigger than anyone could move without tools, bound in thick ropes and falling from the canopy of needles en route to swing directly into the duo with clear intent to obliterate anything in its path for as much intent as a boulder can express.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jim can feel himself becoming more and more lost as Carine provides further explanation. As she let's go taking a stumble, he slips on trying to teach her. Relieved as she stands and puts her head to his shoulder. "I think you'll need to simplify that for me more but you think I'm fuhh..." He starts to say as his leg finds the trip wire. He looks to the side and sees the boulder falling. There's not much to think about but let the body do its thing of trying to survive...Striding forward his arm trying to reach back to grab Carine and bring her forward with him and throw both forward with a dive.

Spoiler: Jim roll
    Show

(1d6)[6]
    (1d6)[5]

23. - Top - End - #113

Carine's smile turns into a scowl of confusion and then a mask of sheer horror in quick succession. And then she freezes, like the proverbial deer in a headlight, her instincts failing her. The boulder's racing towards them way faster than she can limp. But she still has Jim, at least, who grabs her and throws them both forward. She feels the ground slipping out from under her legs, and clenching her teeth, she braces for the impact.

Show

I'll take Malthol's second roll if he doesn't need it. It's not like Carine can outrun Jim anyway.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"Um. I'm not sure.. He probably did earlier when I was swimming, but I don't think so recently."

"Hey, uh, just hang in there, and I'll try to get help or find a ladder or something!"

With that conversation concluded (or so she assumes) Chelsea heads into the area that said EMPLOYEES ONLY.

Show
    -excellent swimmer
    -fairly dirty

25. - Top - End - #115
    Dwarf in the Playground

The man calls out as Chelsea turns away, "Look, if there's any chance that he doesn't know you're here, you need to take it and get out of here.
    "Don't try to save me, he saw me and tracked me halfway across the park. You can't even fight him. I hit him with a truck and he shrugged it off like it was nothing.
    "I am a liability to anyone still-"

His words are cut short by the sound of something heavy striking the wooden entry doors, causing them to shake on their hinges, followed by the sound of shattering glass.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Chelsea jumps at the sound of the impact at the doors. She wasn't sure if it was more crap from an explosion outside, but she kinda figured that the flaming truck only had one 'charge' in it so to speak. So maybe this crazy guy was coming back, and he was mad.

She just puts a finger to her lips as if to say 'shhhh!' and goes into the employee area.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Can I get in there now please?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jim reacts as quickly as he can, throwing himself forward to dodge the swinging stone. As he does so, he reaches back to pull Carine forward out of the path of the threat. Luckily, with Jim's assistance, Carine finds herself impacting the ground yet again, the grit digging into her palms but leaving her feeling only the wind of the stone swinging overhead.
    Jim, however, is less fortunate. His selfless act of protection slowed his fall just enough that the boulder collides with his side in a painful but luckily grazing blow that sends him rolling a short distance away with a searing pain in his ribs just below his shoulder. His momentum slows, and Jim lies on his back with the wind completely knocked from his lungs. Each breath is shallow and causes the pain in his ribs to pulse angrily as his lungs expand against the tormented flesh and bone.
    Above and slightly behind the pair, the boulder continues its pendulum routine, swinging across the path and back again, the lowest point in its arc being just off the side of the way.

Chelsea pushes her way into the EMPLOYEES ONLY door into a harsh, utilitarian hallway that contrasts the formerly cozy atmosphere of the lodge. The space is about 20 feet long and well lit by the fluorescent lights overhead. The walls, unadorned wood paneling, and the floors are bare concrete with a minimal rug running down the length. Five doors lead out from the hall, three on the left and two on the right, each with a visible nameplate. The two at the end of the corridor are too far to read, but the others she can just make out. The door on the right sits slightly ajar and is labeled as "Exhibits", the nearest on the left reads "Break Room", and the next is simply "Janitorial".
    In that brief moment of examination, Chelsea hears another thud, presumably of the lodge's main door opening, and, after a moment, pleading shouts muffled by the door now separating her from the main space.
    "You! Get me down and end me! Don't make me watch anymore, you freak!"

Spoiler: NOTICE
    Show
    Jim Bodily has lost a blood token

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

ohcrapohcrapohcrapit'shim!

The crazy guy (but really, it's gotta be Shia LaBeouf!) was back here in the lodge! Chelsea was sure of it the way the guy hanging from the rope was shouting. And.. this wasn't good. She didn't know why he had come back here, but it would be in her best interests if she wasn't seen!

Maybe she could go into the break room and hide in a cabinet?? If there were even any cabinets. Oh but what if they were full?? Or the other doors down the hall? She didn't know what they were. An office or other random storage place? Ah crap but what if the doors were locked or there were no good hiding places either??

Argh, she didn't have time for this decision paralysis! So Chelsea quickly, but about as quietly as she can move with a sense of urgency, heads towards the door labeled exhibits that was partially open. Opening the door more, so she can stick her head through, she takes a peek. And if it looks like there's a possibility to hide in there, she goes for it!

Show
    -excellent swimmer
    -fairly dirty
    Last edited by WindStruck; 2022-04-26 at 11:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119

Crawling forward alarmed, Carine raises her head slightly in an attempt to locate Jim. True panic only engulfs her, however, upon succeeding in that task. Largely forgetting even about the pain her leg gives her, she scrambles towards the man on all fours, shaking and nudging her with both hands, frantically but as gently as her state of mind allows. **** no. Jim? Jim? Jim! You hurt? Can you stand? Walk? Talk? Please say something! she jabbers in a squeaky voice.

Show

Do I need a roll? I'll make a roll, just in case. (1d6)[1]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Jim lies whimpering for a moment, as Carine approaches, he tries to roll and face the other way. The pain is intense and has brought tears to his eyes and they freely flow down his face. His perfect image of a brave Knight in shining armour was shown to be the fake that he was. All that was left was the scared crying wimp who now probably broke a rib or few.
    "Mmmuuhh.. arr... Gnahhh..... ehmhmhn" he mumbles between laboured breathes. There is so many things he'd want to do or say but right now, it's just pain getting in the way and the gentle voice trying to bring him to his senses.

Show
    Blood tokens: 4
    Item(s): multitool with torch, cabin kitchen knife, couple of alcoholic wipes, a door handle?
    Dressed: Comfy waking boots, loose cargo trousers, loose t-shirt (slight tear near shoulder) and lightweight waterproof coat