New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 35 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Curse of the Crimson Throne: Escape from Old Korvosa [IC]

THE CURSE OF THE CRIMSON THRONE:
    ESCAPE FROM OLD KORVOSA

They Walk Among Us!"

Fear stalks the streets of Old Korvosa as the Curse of the Crimson Throne continues! Anarchy, plague, and the mandates of a pitiless queen have thrown the island community into chaos. Forsaken by the government and cut off from the rest of the city, hundreds of unfortunates stand helpless against the rising criminal warlords, each eager to carve out a slice of Korvosa as his own. Yet, amid the turmoil of warring gangs and sinister power mongers hides the only man who might be able to restore sanity to the beleaguered city. But why has remained silent for so long? What secret of the new queen does he hide? And what fiendish power grows in the shadows, ready to sink its claws into the heart of Old Korvosa?

DRAMATIS PERSONAE

Name
    [Player]
    Color
    Race [Ethnicity]
    (Gender ID)
    AL
    Side 1
    Side 2
    Roshgog
    [NPC]
    Green
    Half-Orc???
    (M)
    ??? ??? ???
    Vivino Dorso
    [Moriar]
    Purple
    Human [Chelaxian]
    (M)
    N Alchemist 7
    [Internal Alchemist +
    Vivisectionist]
    Barbarian 7
    [Invulnerable Rager]
    Linzi, Dane's Cohort
    [NPC]
    Golden Rod
    Halfling
    (F)
    CG Bard 4 ???
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2024-01-18 at 07:09 PM.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Thread: Escape from Old Korvosa [IC]

Dul'Dane "Dane" Thunderbreaker

Description 4' 8", 196 lbs.; Brown Eyes; Brown Hair

At 4' 8" with a strong, barrel-shaped build, Dul'Dane weighs close to 200 lbs. and has a long brown beard. He often has a smile on his face and is known well by his friends for his bellowing laugh. He has pale skin and wears full armor even when out drinking.

Personality

Jovial and caring, Dul'Dane enjoy's the company of other's, either hearing their stories and speaking fondly of others. He is quick to defend other's and isn't afraid of getting caught in the middle of a disagreement.

Home of Record
    Korvosa

11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3

Ernak

Description 6' 9", 270 lbs.; Brown Eyes; Bald (Dark Brown body hair)

Ernak is an enormously tall, muscle-bound man with rich bronze skin. He bears the marks of several scars on his legs, arms, and even his face, but the entire effect ultimately complements his rugged appearance and broad smile. His body is armored in light segments adorned with feathers, but while his general appearance might mark him as ethnically Shoanti--even proudly so--his lack of their traditional tattoos stands out as unusual for his people.

Personality

--Yearns to belong: has no tattoos b/c has not earned them from a Shoanti Quah, feels disconnected from life in Korvosa after Gaedren Lamm's slavery
    --Fiercely loyal to those who earn his trust
    --Gentle giant, cares for innocents as a formerly wronged innocent himself
    --Curious about the world beyond Korvosa, its peoples and their stores
    --Encouraging, supportive, and urges people to become better than they are
    --Quick to guffaw, loves a good tale/boast, enjoys seeing a job done well
    --Cares deeply about his dignity/honor after ages of colonialist discrimination

--Hard to earn his trust/respect and can hold grudges for a long time
    --Talkative on general topics but very reserved/guarded about his inner life
    --Struggles to grasp bigger picture, focuses overmuch on the present moment

Home of Record
    Korvosa

Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Jacintha Felix

Description 4' 10", 145 lbs.; Blue Eyes; Dark Brown Hair

A mousy, unassuming individual with dark brown, chin-length hair and dark blue eyes. Her build is a bit plump for her height, but this belies her speed and agility.

Personality

Jacintha is quiet, and doesn't open up much to strangers. She's constantly on guard around people, especially those she perceives as stronger than herself, which is almost everyone. She makes a note of whoever might be a threat, and keeps watch on them. She doesn't trust easily, but she can be polite, even friendly, with anyone who might be good to associate with. Finally, though she hides it well, she despises being bullied or taken advantage of, and will quietly plot her revenge against those responsible.

Home of Record
    Shingles, Old Korvosa, Korvosa

Show

5. - Top - End - #5

Vivino Dorso

Description 6' 2", 200 lbs.; Hazel Eyes; Brown Hair

Tall muscular human male wearing mithril breastplate with loose clothing that could be used to cover up along with leather gloves. Across his back is a backpack and a greatsword along with a few weapons on his belt. He is clean shaven with several battle scars and closely cropped brown hair.

Personality

I judge people based on their actions, not their words. I will do whatever I can to bring my sister back into the family (will not tell people that she passed away due to drug addiction in Korvas). Overall Vivino is cordial and good-natured but if someone wrongs him or his friends/family he will do whatever it takes to make sure they never bother again. The extent that he will go often makes some leery of him but he has a hard time convincing them before they try something.

Home of Record
    Korvosa

Show

6. - Top - End - #6

Korvosa has survived the hideous plague, but not unscathed. The streets are dull and muted, strangely empty except for when markets quietly open. People seem to be more interested in staying home than going out, and when they do emerge, they shuffle quickly to their destinations and conduct their business swiftly. The Order of the Nail has withdrawn from Korvosa, retreating to Citadel Vraid for the first time in Korvosa’s history. Some whisper the Hellknights are planning a full-scale invasion of Korvosa to seize control, but more knowledgeable sources know that dozens of Hellknights perished or failed to uphold their charges during the recent events, and that Lictor Severs has recalled his troops to punish the city for these failures.

City temples have their hands full tracking down the last remaining pockets of sick residents and disposing of the dead, while the Acadamae continues to keep its doors shut and withhold its resources for the duration, hoping to wait out these troubled times. The Sable Company is falling apart, and the Korvosan Guard has taken staggering hits to both its personnel and its morale. Field Marshal Kroft talks about recruitment drives to replenish the ranks, but helping Korvosa recover remains the primary goal—one made difficult by Queen Ileosa’s reduced support.

Yet the queen is not ignoring Korvosa. The energy and support once lent to the Korvosan Guard and the Sable Company is now funneled into the enigmatic Gray Maidens. Even as the number of Korvosan Guards on the streets dwindles, the presence of these armored warrior women increases. Regular patrols of Gray Maidens march along the major streets, and rumors spread that strike forces are breaking into homes and buildings reputed to house those who voiced dissenting opinions of the monarchy. Old Korvosa remains under a tight quarantine, with troops of Gray Maidens stationed along the Narrows and patrolling the Jeggare in swift barges to ensure that no one gets off Endrin Isle. The plumes of smoke as buildings burn and the periodic roars of riots that echo down from Old Korvosa alone are enough to warn away the curious.

The atmosphere of oppression and fear that fills Korvosa continues, with rumors of a new plague growing, even though Vivino Dorso helped develop a cure for blood veil.

Two of you already know Vudran merchant Master Shyamal, and several more of you received to join him along with two of the "Heroes of Korovosa" (Dane Thunderbreaker and Vivino Dorso) for a repast an hour past noon at his house on this day.

Except for the two aforementioned heroes, none of the new ones of you have ever met Master Shyamal, and likely have never even heard of him as you are welcomed to his beautiful home in the foreign quarter of the Midlands.

Lunch is an informal affair. Servants do not serve you, but make sure that the tables are full of food and good drink.

As you are overwhelmed by the surprising luxury you enjoy this afternoon, for some of you the most luxury you've ever enjoyed at a private home, Master Shyamal speaks with only a slight Vudrani accent in a soft voice that conveys warmth, "I am Master Shyamal. I am no diviner but am in contact with one. By reading their own Harrow and talking with their informants, you have each been named. I have asked you to come, and so you have. Thank you. I understand that to small degrees, and yet with some discretion, each of you have voiced some consternation over the state of affairs in Korvosa at this time. I was wondering, would you each be willing to receive a Harrow reading? Please note that these readings are only for the specifically invited, and not for your valets, bodyguards, familiars, mounts, companions, employees, and so forth."
    Spoiler: Runa
    Show
    Runa's roc wasn't permitted indoors, but was allowed to go to an unused section of the stables to not scare the horses. You were promised he would be fed well.

There is no need to describe yourselves, unless you want to add to what was written above. How do you each respond?
    Show

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

"Thank you for hosting us Master Shyamal." Vivino begins with a nod towards Shyamal.

"Welcome new acquaintances, I look forward to getting to know you and appreciate your help in these trying times.

Master Shyamal, I think of no better way to begin new friendships than with a harrow reading. I would welcome a reading, thank you."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

"I can think of quite a few better ways to begin new friendships than a harrow reading," Runa says, pausing to wash down her food with a swig of drink, "That being said, you've found a fellow traditionalist in me. You can count me in."

9. - Top - End - #9

SamuraiGirl

Ernak smiles widely he enters the room and breathes its atmosphere in deeply. Composing himself before approaching their host, the giant of a man politely states with a bow of his bald head to Master Shyamal, "You honor me with your hospitality," and adds with a smaller inclination of the head toward Vivino and Dane, "And you double that honor by drawing me here alongside heroes of the hour. Many thanks for your kindness."

Taking his seat, Ernak delicately samples the food and drink as he listens to Shyamal's offer. "It has been some time since I have had a proper reading, but I always love a good story... especially my own!" he says with a self-deprecating laugh, "And if we are truly alike in yearning for happier days, then all the better. I consent."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Barris inclines her head towards Master Shyamal, "Thank you for the beverage and the meal.
    I will bid you welcome in my shop, should you ever grace its doors. And while I am unhappy with the current state of affairs, I am not at all sure why you have called me to this august company."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jacintha's primary focus was in filling herself with food - and packing as much away as she can for later. It's an old habit gained from living on the street, and while she can currently support a modest lifestyle, old habit die hard - especially those that were once necessary for survival.

Once mealtime is over, however, she shifts about, as if not sure what to do with herself. "Thank you for the hospitality - and for the food," she says, echoing the others, though there is a touch of genuine gratitude in her words. "I haven't had much experience with genuine Harrow readers, but I'll receive one, if that pleases you."

She glances towards Barris. Though Jacintha says nothing, she too is a bit uncertain as to why she's here - and that fact makes her cautious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Dane nods along listening to everyone speak.
    "Im fine with a reading, what could the harm be."

13. - Top - End - #13

Post Re: Curse of the Crimson Thread: Escape from Old Korvosa [IC]

"In that case, allow me to introduce you to someone your predecessors knew," says Master Shyamal. He pulls for the Harrow deck that Vivino and Dane found in Lady Andaisin's lair and had handed to Master Shyamal for study.

"It didn't help either of you," admits the master to Vivino and Dane, "but it was my foster son Allen Phan who last held this deck, and before him the entobian Paxre. I know that some of you have a history with Gaedran Lamm, and you can thank our deceased entobian friend Paxre and his fellows - long gone now - for ending that low-rent crimelord's rise to power.

"Ladies, and gentleman, please meet Zellara,"
    he says, then focusing on the Harrow deck. "Zellara, come forth to make your readings."

Appearing out of cloud emanating from the finely crafted Harrow deck is a handsome, though not beautiful, apparition of a Varisian woman of middle-age. "Zellara was killed by Gaedran Lamm's thugs, and her spirit now occupies this Harrow, and she has a unique insight to destiny. This, by the way, is why each of you were contacted. With my admittedly weakened intelligence network, you were each identified and named as persons of exceptional training."

"My time is limited and I may not tarry," says Zellara. She telekinetically shuffles the cards and has Vivino touch the deck before she shuffles again and lays out the cards in a 3 x 3 formation of a total of nine cards (see "Vivino's Draw" in the handouts channel of Discord).

Zellara warns that the Unicorn card is likely misaligned, meaning a possible betrayal, poisoning, or a false friend. But the key card she notes for Vivino's spread, the one that resonates, is the Wanderer. "The Wanderer is misaligned for you, Vivino Dorso. This signifies a loss of values, or the inability to see what is truly valuable in a person or situation. Your desire to remain morally and ethically neutral in the coming crisis may force you to choose, or to lose all. This ambiguity is further noted because you have no true matches with this spread. You will be tried, Vivino, and you will face a choice that requires you to forgo neutrality."

Vivino, any comment on your Harrow spread?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Beholder

Vivino eyes our new guest carefully and then the cards.

After slowly looking up says, "I have to admit I've never seen a reading such as what you just did but I feel that I can trust your abilities.

As for the results, it wouldn't be the first time that I misread someone or a situation. I hope I realize before it's too late.

My values...my values do mean a lot, but if changing them means protecting my sister then I may have have to rethink my approach. I would appreciate any further insight if you could my lady. "

15. - Top - End - #15

"That is all the insight I have to give, Vivino Dorso," says the apparition Zellara, who then turns to Runa while the silver-edged Harrow cards seem to shuffle themselves. "It is time to cut the deck, Runa Hjaltisdottir."

Assuming she touches the deck as a symbolic "cutting," the cards shuffle again before arraying themselves in a similar manner as they did for Vivino.

Past
    Present
    Future
    Positive
    Forge
    evokes strength through great diversity. The blacksmith represents those who can survive the mephits’ trial by fire, but The Forge’s fire is so strong it burns many to cinders instead. This card often represents a dangerous event that needs many sources of strength to overcome.
    Peacock

is a creature of astonishing beauty, but it is a beauty that can only be retained if frozen like a cockatrice’s statues. Smarter people accept the passage of time and dance out of The Peacock’s way. Its appearance always signifies a sudden personal shift in attitude or societal change.
    Foreign Trader

is the card of spies and peddlers alike. Any who trade in information are subject to this card’s influence. A bargain made under this card’s auspice always concludes true, but the ramifications of the pact might be shocking for those who do not understand its implications.
    Unclear
    Midwife
    is a conduit to creation, although she does not create on her own. This halfling is a key that lets new life or information into the world. Her heart can see the good in even the worst situation. She can see the import of any new arrival.
    Teamster
    is a driving external force that keeps the subject going, no matter what. This force can be physical or mental, as a person who exhorts others to continue on when they have no more strength to give. The force can be for good or ill but cannot be ignored. The half-orc depicted is leading a life of constant toil, but for his own betterment.
    Sickness
    represents plague, pestilence, famine, and disease. It can also indicate corruption of the soul or of a multitude of souls.
    Negative
    Queen Mother
    is knowledge personified. The formian knows all but does not reveal anything to anyone who does not show her proper worship. She is fond of the powerless and the underclasses, for they serve her when the more powerful refuse. She represents the need to become part of a society, or to bow before those who know more than you.
    Crows
    are a dangerous bunch who indicate violent taking of that which is loved. When The Crows appear, murder, theft, or other shocking loss occurs.
    Keep
    is a symbol of quiet strength, one that can move when necessary, yet stand firm through the greatest hardship. Those represented by The Keep are not shaken by any force.
    Misaligned, it can mean giving way to temptation or falling in the face of greater strength.

"The Teamster and the Crows are true matches, Runa, and you will gain some boon in general for this. But your power card in this array is the Foreign Trader. Either you are the spy or peddler, or you will come in contact with one, but that is when you will need to be extra cautious."

Runa, any comment or questions?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-04-01 at 12:00 AM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Runa cuts the deck as requested, watching curiously as the cards arrange themselves.

"Not as surprised as I thought I'd be that the harrow reader is the deck itself... In truth, I have more questions than you likely have time for," she says, following along as best she can, "Should I be worried about having a card like the crows as a true match? I do like birds, but that sure doesn't sound like a boon to me, you know?"

"Maybe it's best if I just focus on the important bits. No need to let myself get overwhelmed by every card in the spread."

17. - Top - End - #17

"Nothing exists alone in this world, and so it is with the cards," says Zellara. "A simple maxim that is oft forgotten by those in the city, but not by a Shoanti talespinner."

This is the prompt for Ernak to touch the deck next after an initial shuffle, and once touched shuffle again before cards and drawn and arrange themselves.

Past
    Present
    Future
    Positive
    Lost
    is the card of emptiness and loss of identity. The bodak shown is forever mad, lost in a world of lunatics, insane asylums, and mass killers. For those under its influence, the world makes no sense. It evokes times where all is babble, as when meeting someone who speaks only in another tongue.
    Misaligned, it can indicate clarity of mind under duress.
    Beating
    signifies coming under attack from all sides, but it can also indicate the dissolution of the self—mentally. Whether the strength is of the flesh or the mind, it dissolves under the relentless attack.
    Misaligned, this card suggests that during the assault, undiscovered strength is found.
    Snakebite
    is a vile, poisoned weapon. Poison takes many forms—not all of them physical. The poison on the assassin’s blade represents the death of ideas and freedom, as well as the ability to turn friends against each other or poison the minds of the virtuous.
    Misaligned, this card can mean a mental leap, a new friendship, or a discovery.
    Unclear
    Liar
    is love at its most treacherous. This is not the love that moves mountains, this is the love that rips the heart in two and causes lovers to leap to their deaths. This lamia can mean obsession, unrequited passion, or doomed love.
    Mountain Man
    signifies an encounter with a physical power outside of one’s control. The giant could personify an authority, an army, an earthquake, or even a desperately needed rainstorm in a parched land. Acceding to the force might be wise, but surviving it is paramount.
    Brass Dwarf
    shows an azer who represents invulnerability to a current danger. Although others might fall, he remains hale and strong. The Brass Dwarf can also mean a failure or dark fate for one, which in turn might save all others around him from a greater danger.
    Negative
    Queen Mother
    is knowledge personified. The formian knows all but does not reveal anything to anyone who does not show her proper worship. She is fond of the powerless and the underclasses, for they serve her when the more powerful refuse. She represents the need to become part of a society, or to bow before those who know more than you.
    Cyclone
    is a force that tears through whatever it meets. This disaster does not come in the course of natural order but is one that comes from the plots of intelligent beings. The Cyclone signifies war, arson, or other plans that destroy everything they touch.
    Sickness
    represents plague, pestilence, famine, and disease. It can also indicate corruption of the soul or of a multitude of souls.

"Ernak," informs Zellara, "The key card here that is tied to your near fate is the snakebite. As with Vivino, you are more limited in what cards will help you in the future, and this card is your key. Because of its position so misaligned for a normally negative card, this is fortuitous for you."

Ernak, any comment?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-04-01 at 02:53 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

SamuraiGirl

Ernak frowns with concentration as the cards are laid out, but at the reading's conclusion he grins eagerly at Zellara. "It is strange to hear my story on another's lips. I do not like seeing sickness for the future, especially when the current plague is not yet in the past! But perhaps the snakebite means today's gathering is an especially auspicious one? I like that..."

The man then sits back in his chair, stroking his chin with a thoughtful look on his face as the others' fortunes are read.

19. - Top - End - #19

"A snakebite survived is a testament to the stoicism of the survivor," says Zellara. "But sometimes, knowing that the danger exists and avoiding it through intellect is just as good. For example, Barris Khouri ..."

And Zellara holds the deck for Barris to touch after an initial shuffle, and then shuffled again once touched, and then revealed in arrangement ...

Past Present Future
    Positive Fiend
    depicts a devil swallowing innocents. It can indicate the deaths of many in a great calamity. The Fiend can also indicate that some sort of dark and intelligent creature is in the area, endangering the populace.
    Misaligned, the salvation from the same calamity.
    Cricket
    is a grig, a creature whose mind is as quick as its body. It represents speed and quick passage. Although The Cricket is commonly associated with travel, the peach it sits by represents treasure at the end.
    Snakebite
    is a vile, poisoned weapon. Poison takes many forms—not all of them physical. The poison on the assassin’s blade represents the death of ideas and freedom, as well as the ability to turn friends against each other or poison the minds of the virtuous.
    Misaligned, this card can mean a mental leap, a new friendship, or a discovery.
    Undecided Big Sky
    shows an epic moment as the slaves of a nation are freed. The slaves’ freedom specifies momentous and powerful change, as old shackles are cast off in the light of day.
    Hidden Truth
    symbolizes the ability to see past the obvious and the banal to a greater truth within. Sometimes this discovery is an esoteric one, sometimes it is a literal find, such as an item revealed within a room. Regardless, it is a card with the power to reveal secrets.
    Desert
    is an environment so bleak that none can survive it without aid. For those who find that aid, the journey across the wastes can lead to great things. The sphinx on this card can refer to a mystic or doctor bringing salvation in times of plague or illness.
    Negative Crows
    are a dangerous bunch who indicate violent taking of that which is loved. When The Crows appear, murder, theft, or other shocking loss occurs.
    Lost
    is the card of emptiness and loss of identity. The bodak shown is forever mad, lost in a world of lunatics, insane asylums, and mass killers. For those under its influence, the world makes no sense. It evokes times where all is babble, as when meeting someone who speaks only in another tongue.
    Juggler
    represents fate, the gods, or those who play with the lives and destinies of others. If this titanic Juggler can keep up his rhythm, he will achieve his goals.
    Misaligned, he falters, and tragedy and failure are assured for those whose lives he meddled in.

"Barris Khouri," begins Zellara, "You have two notable cards here, promising some favor in the future. The first is the Cricket that is in perfect alignment for you, but the main power card here is Hidden Truth, with you as the best here to find such a thing."

Barris, any comment?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-04-03 at 06:43 AM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, Harrower. I will keep these things in mind." Barris pauses, then continues, But what of the dark omens? Are those to simply be discarded from our concern?"
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

"Less my concern, than yours," quips the fortune-teller's ghost, "but Jacintha Felix, your telling awaits your eye."

With Jacintha's mid-shuffle cut, the cards are again arranged.

Past
    Present
    Future
    Positive
    Empty Throne
    has a sense of loss that is palpable. The ghost signifies that those who are gone will always be with us. They taught us important lessons, if only we choose to listen. This card can bring information from a far-off or ancient source.
    Desert
    is an environment so bleak that none can survive it without aid. For those who find that aid, the journey across the wastes can lead to great things. The sphinx on this card can refer to a mystic or doctor bringing salvation in times of plague or illness.
    Forge
    evokes strength through great diversity. The blacksmith represents those who can survive the mephits’ trial by fire, but The Forge’s fire is so strong it burns many to cinders instead. This card often represents a dangerous event that needs many sources of strength to overcome.
    Undecided
    Theater
    is the card of true prophecy. The puppets act out a scene, just as the prophet acts out a scene in which she has no part. The prophet is the audience and the prophecy is the show. She has no influence on what she sees, and its importance is often not recognized until too late.
    Rabbit Prince
    is a quirky fellow who represents the vagaries of hand-to-hand combat. The Prince is battle personified and nothing if not capricious. As his broken sword symbolizes, any combatant can fall in battle, no matter how brave or skilled. This card sometimes stands for younger members of royalty or other powerful households.
    Vision
    represents arcane knowledge. Such knowledge can take the form of madness or cryptic words. This card often means an encounter with a crazy person, but it can also signify a brush with genius.
    Negative
    Trumpet
    is a declaration of power. This archon is an aggressive force who wades into the direst situations without hesitation in the cause of right. It is a card that grants all or nothing at all.
    Misaligned, it suggests the motives aren’t noble, bringing injury and crumbling strength.
    Unicorn
    is a card that generously offers that which the subject seeks, just as the charger in the picture offers up its fruit.
    Misaligned, the card means betrayal, poisoning, or a false friend.
    Lost

"Jacintha, yours is the most fortuitous spread yet," guides Zellara. "First, the Empty Throne is perfectly aligned in the positive past. You strike me as a being that senses opportunity where others see apathy or grief. Perhaps the trickle-down effects of the loss of Korvosa's king will be to your benefit? But be very wary, the Lost card in the future means you may sacrifice your heart and mind for what you want in the future. But for now, your power card is that of the Vision. Whether it is an increase in your own arcane knowledge, or literally what the card invokes, this card of the Book is perfectly aligned for you."

Jacintha, any comment?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Jacintha stares for a long time at the cards, as if trying to understand their meaning -- or deny it to herself. In particular, she focuses on the Vision card. But aloud, she says "Interesting. I hope you are right about this spread being... fortuitous. Either way, though... so long as my fate is up to me, I'm prepared for whatever comes."
    Quote Originally Posted by Potato_Priest View Post
    Honestly, most players would get super excited about Zenob the god of crabs because it's eccentric. I know I would.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
    But a friendly reminder that, by RAW, this game is unplayable

23. - Top - End - #23

"Prophecy tells only what is like to come. How you deal with it when it does is up to you and you alone... don't you think?"

24. - Top - End - #24

"Finally, we come to you, Dul'Dane Thunderbreaker," says the apparition after shuffling and reaching out for him to make his contact with the Harrow before she gives the last spread.

Past
    Present
    Future
    Positive
    Sickness

Misaligned, The Sickness represents either great health or a chance to stop such a disaster (such as the recent blood veil).
    Rakshasa

is the card of dominance and mind control. The creature sitting serenely upon the back of the slave indicates an exterior force imposing itself upon another being’s mind. On occasion, the slavery is literal, but more often it is mental enslavement to a force or idea.
    Misaligned, that enslavement can be cast off in the face of new information.
    Liar
    is love at its most treacherous. This is not the love that moves mountains, this is the love that rips the heart in two and causes lovers to leap to their deaths. This lamia can mean obsession, unrequited passion, or doomed love.
    Misaligned, the card can indicate a new relationship beginning, although disguised as something much less beautiful.
    Undecided
    Teamster
    is a driving external force that keeps the subject going, no matter what. This force can be physical or mental, as a person who exhorts others to continue on when they have no more strength to give. The force can be for good or ill but cannot be ignored. The half-orc depicted is leading a life of constant toil, but for his own betterment.
    Owl
    represents the eternal wisdom of the natural order. It is the harsh realism that causes a pack of wolves to cull the weak in the herd. It is tragic for the culled deer, but through such actions the herd grows stronger. The needle The Owl holds binds life together, but just as easily can pick that life apart.
    Winged Serpent
    is a powerful being. Knowledge and prudence are separate keeps bridged by understanding. The couatl represents this bridge, knowing whether now is the time to strike.
    Negative
    Queen Mother
    Keep
    is a symbol of quiet strength, one that can move when necessary, yet stand firm through the greatest hardship. Those represented by The Keep are not shaken by any force.
    Misaligned, it can mean giving way to temptation or falling in the face of greater strength.
    Desert
    Misaligned, it implies the subject cannot rely on the help of others and will assuredly be lost.

"A moderate draw, but two cards demand your attention, Dul'Dane Thunderbreaker. First is that of the Owl, which is properly aligned for you. Be mindful of the present and how it informs of the past and guides the future. But your most important card in this draw is the misaligned Rakshasa card. Very likely, you will need the wisdom of the Owl to throw off the shackles of whatever subtle temptation or compulsion will be manifested by the Rakshasa."

She had to speak quickly, and even she ended Dane's reading, she had disappeared, leaving her voice echoing out the last few words.

Zellara is now gone, though Zellara's Harrow Deck remains.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

Beholder

"That was...interesting," Vivino begins. "What do you make of your reading Dane?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Dane stands confused thinking on what the apparition said.
    "My mind is my own, but I have heard of ways others can take it. This is a dangerous prediction if it is to come to pass."

27. - Top - End - #27

"Perhaps so, but dangerous predictions are the most useful. If all you expect is good fortune, you're like to grow complacent, but if you're expecting misfortune you can be better prepared for it."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Barris' mellifluous voice drips with contempt, "Bah! I put little stock in Harrowings, even those performed by ghosts. Or maybe ESPECIALLY ones performed by ghosts!" She looks around at the assembled coterie, "I think I will return to my shop for the evening and finish some work I was doing. Feel free to drop in if you need alchemical supplies."

Show

29. - Top - End - #29

"Before you and your escort leave, Ms. Khouri," says Master Shyamal. "Are you not curious why you were invited in the first place, as we have never met?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Dane looks around at the new faces and speaks up.
    "Now that mention it, why are we here? I thought we already dealt with the problem."