New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing 6: DLCs of Kevin Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Which one did you go for in the end?
    Fairly certain it was the one you suggested. Considered a couple of others but at the end it was the only nice one I found without backlit keys.

It's not amazing, but the keys don't feel mushy and that's much, much nicer than the keyboard I was using. The fact that it's not clicky is actually a plus, because like the backlights I'd probably just find it distracting even if the switches are better.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro89 View Post
    Just beat Ornstein & Smough last night Felt like they were a tad overhyped to be honest
    O&S are overhyped, but to me they feel like they are the final boss of the extended tutorial/early game. Where the game says: "Here is two boss enemies with special attacks, good luck."

and after that throws Four Kings, Seath, Bed of Chaos and Nito at you, all of which are bosses with more attached to them.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    O&S are overhyped, but to me they feel like they are the final boss of the extended tutorial/early game. Where the game says: "Here is two boss enemies with special attacks, good luck."

and after that throws Four Kings, Seath, Bed of Chaos and Nito at you, all of which are bosses with more attached to them.
    I don't think they're overhyped compared to the level of bosses at the time they were released. They just don't look impressive 5 games down the line where two bosses at once warrants a yawn and a "Ho-hum..." from people who have experienced much more terrifying enemies in Dark Souls 2/3/Bloodborne/Elden Ring.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

I mean I was able to finish Dark Souls 3, but I didn't with Dark Souls 1 or 2. Maybe it is the shorter game, but it definitely has less unpleasant and unfair surprises in their boss mechanics. And I loved O&S.

Nito's respawning enemy crowds, Seath's forced death and 4 Kings basically being a dps fest is honestly more or less bull**** boss design.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    I mean I was able to finish Dark Souls 3, but I didn't with Dark Souls 1 or 2. Maybe it is the shorter game, but it definitely has less unpleasant and unfair surprises in their boss mechanics. And I loved O&S.

Nito's respawning enemy crowds, Seath's forced death and 4 Kings basically being a dps fest is honestly more or less bull**** boss design.
    I would argue that O&S are still harder than all of those other than 4 Kings, but that's besides the point.

O&S don't have a reputation as a bad boss, or even one with BS boss design. They have their reputation because they are a massive stepchange in power from the earlier bosses in Dark Souls 1, and the only solution is to "git gud". If you've beaten Dark Souls 3, you have already "gotten gud" and O&S's reputation is a bit of a letdown. Their reputation at the time the game came out was absolutely deserved, because people were spending many hours trying and failing to beat them. On my original playthrough I was forced to break my "I'll do it myself" rule and summon in another player for help. That's not something which was required for any of the later bosses, because by the time I fought them I was better at the game and had better gear.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I would argue that O&S are still harder than all of those other than 4 Kings, but that's besides the point.

O&S don't have a reputation as a bad boss, or even one with BS boss design. They have their reputation because they are a massive stepchange in power from the earlier bosses in Dark Souls 1, and the only solution is to "git gud". If you've beaten Dark Souls 3, you have already "gotten gud" and O&S's reputation is a bit of a letdown. Their reputation at the time the game came out was absolutely deserved, because people were spending many hours trying and failing to beat them. On my original playthrough I was forced to break my "I'll do it myself" rule and summon in another player for help. That's not something which was required for any of the later bosses, because by the time I fought them I was better at the game and had better gear.
    I mean I've played Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, some of Nioh 2 and haven't gotten past O&S before Elden Ring. After Elden ring...maybe I could take them on? I've managed to get them to second phase by killing Smough a few times because if I'm getting any armor is Ornsteins, no question. but ER gives you a big advantage with the spirit ashes to just solve a dual boss fight by making it a 2v2, so I might not have learned how to beat them even after all that. and I'm not sure how many people still play DS1 after Elden Ring came out.

and another problem is that in my experience, knowing how to dodge faster bosses in soulbornes doesn't necessary help with slower ones, because slower bosses have a different rhythm and you need to match yourself to that rhythm to properly dodge their attacks, because if you don't you end up rolling too early and they catch you in their strike because the i-frames happened early. so even if later bosses are faster or scarier than O&S, that doesn't necessarily mean I have the experience to beat them specifically. that and my resources are different in DS1 than in ER so I don't have access to the same advantages that could allow me to beat them in ER.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-04-10 at 01:23 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

While I've not seen the ones past O&S, DS1 bosses aren't particularly great anyway. Might be because the combat in the series is a bit limited, but they never felt that fun to fight compared to most action games.

From my limited experience it seems to be better in the later games. Like I imagine the Pursuer to be a fun boss fight, I just can't hit him with the ballista.

But I've seen worse, I've beaten Bloodlines as a melee character. The shooting might be rather bland, but the melee is very old school 'click until die' (and as my disciplines were Celerity, Potence, and Presence...). Fights against mooks are boring but quick, boss fights are just boring.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Also began Night Road, because I'm really on a VtM kick right now, and darn this game needs TTS support. Because it's good, and I'm playing a relatively standard Camarilla Brujah, but I can't read more than a page without needing a break. Made sure to clean up all my loose ends and do my job, but sadly that means I'm already a point of Humanity down.
    That's definitely on my list as well. I mean, I liked Coteries, (which tanked, rating-wise, for some reason), and this looks even better than that.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    That's definitely on my list as well. I mean, I liked Coteries, (which tanked, rating-wise, for some reason), and this looks even better than that.
    I've not got very far with Coteries, the introduction to my Malk companion just killed my suspension of disbelief (plus I was at like three hunger and had never successfully hunted). Night Road doesn't have the visuals, but I already feel like I've made more meaningful choices (and apparently at least two of the ones I've made affect later scenes).

Honestly, my main annoyance with Night Road is that it's based off of Masquerade instead of Requiem. But that's just because Requiem is much less well known, it's still a great game and Masquerade isn't a terrible setting.

Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post

I feel the duo is just the way of the game telling us: "Hey, numbnut, there is a reason we have NPC and player summons in our game. Go call a buddy to make it even." because my first win against them was with Solaire at hand. And I definitely did not "git gud", since I did Dark Souls 3 with the 1.0 version Dark Sword abuse.

There's basically a highly OP sword about one third into the game, that meshes with well the knight class (and a quality Str/Dex build and also the easiest build and class) and its moveset can counter like 90% of enemies by either having broad enough swings or enough stagger to stop the smaller ones while having good damage to fell the larger enemies fast enough.

No way in hell I am good enough to win Dark Souls with any kind of esoteric build (short of maybe abusing magic in DS 1). Spam Soul Arrow for the win!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

While I've not seen the ones past O&S, DS1 bosses aren't particularly great anyway. Might be because the combat in the series is a bit limited, but they never felt that fun to fight compared to most action games.

From my limited experience it seems to be better in the later games. Like I imagine the Pursuer to be a fun boss fight, I just can't hit him with the ballista.
    Pursuer is really fun, and I like that he acts as a "nemesis" over the course of the game (you can fight him a total of...5 times I think? For different rewards every time). The only way to reliably ballista him is to have a friend though, I'm pretty sure. He's giga-aggressive and moves a lot.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by warty goblin View Post
    I rather enjoyed it as some very silly, not at all serious fun, but I really like kinda mediocre hack and slash games, and it's definitely that. The combat is decent enough, with both a reasonable amount of depth and very generous timings, which I appreciate. You don't play this for the joy of mastering a complex system, or to beat hard challenges, it's a game you play to look cool - where cool is defined as "the doodles of an unoriginal but artistically talented 14 year old with a crippling caffeine addition." For instance, boss health doesn't reset after you die, which definitely irritates some people because something something sense of achievement mandatory Dark Souls comparison, but I hate boss fights*, I really hate getting stuck on a boss fight, and this lets you get back to mulching normal dudes much faster. The combat works much better for normal dude mulching anyway. Not a masterpiece by any means, and it's deeply weird that the game's up to like fifteen different releases now, but it's fine.

*People often tell me I must just hate bad boss fights. I'll accept this with the proviso that about 97% of boss fights are bad.
    Thanks, that's actually really helpful!

I've managed to get them to second phase by killing Smough a few times because if I'm getting any armor is Ornsteins, no question.
    You know that's significantly more difficult than killing Ornstein first, right?
    Last edited by MinimanMidget; 2022-04-10 at 05:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MinimanMidget View Post
    You know that's significantly more difficult than killing Ornstein first, right?
    Yeah, but then I'd get Smough's armor, and I'm not wearing that stupid set. Ornstein's set on the other hand, that is something I WANT to wear.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Well, I just beat the Four Kings, probably gonna hit the sack soon.

Also can someone explain how covenants work? I just met a second black snake(?) and its giving me the option to join him. I already joined the cleric one so is there any downside to joining a new one?

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro89 View Post
    Well, I just beat the Four Kings, probably gonna hit the sack soon.

Also can someone explain how covenants work? I just met a second black snake(?) and its giving me the option to join him. I already joined the cleric one so is there any downside to joining a new one?
    from the fextralife wiki on DS1:
    Breaking/Abandoning a Covenant
    It is possible to leave or abandon a covenant by joining another covenant. However, abandoning a covenant in this manner will count as a sin, which will make the player the target of Dark Moon invasions unless they absolve their sins via Oswald of Carim, for a fee equal to their level times 500. If the player wants to abandon their covenant without this occurring, they must do so by speaking to Oswald.
    Furthermore, some covenants have rules or restrictions that, if disobeyed, will "break" the covenant. If this happens, the covenant is immediately abandoned, and the player must absolve their sins through Oswald or else risk the wrath of the Dark Moon covenant.
    Regardless of how the player leaves their covenant, half of the offerings given to that covenant are lost and their rank is adjusted accordingly. For example, if the player had given 40 offerings and were at rank +2 before they abandoned their covenant, if they return later their rank will be +1 and they will need to offer 10 more to get back to rank +2. Covenant offerings and rank cannot go below zero in this way.

Dark Souls Remastered: You may abandon a covenant through the bonfire menu. This does not add Sin.
    so if your playing Remastered if you want join his covenant its as simple as abandoning the first covenant in the bonfire menu so that you don't get invaded.....assuming that matters anymore? who knows what the DS1 pvp scene is like post-Elden Ring, assuming the online servers for DS1 are even back up.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2022-04-10 at 09:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

I mean I've played Dark Souls 3, Sekiro, some of Nioh 2 and haven't gotten past O&S before Elden Ring. After Elden ring...maybe I could take them on? I've managed to get them to second phase by killing Smough a few times because if I'm getting any armor is Ornsteins, no question. but ER gives you a big advantage with the spirit ashes to just solve a dual boss fight by making it a 2v2, so I might not have learned how to beat them even after all that. and I'm not sure how many people still play DS1 after Elden Ring came out.

and another problem is that in my experience, knowing how to dodge faster bosses in soulbornes doesn't necessary help with slower ones, because slower bosses have a different rhythm and you need to match yourself to that rhythm to properly dodge their attacks, because if you don't you end up rolling too early and they catch you in their strike because the i-frames happened early. so even if later bosses are faster or scarier than O&S, that doesn't necessarily mean I have the experience to beat them specifically. that and my resources are different in DS1 than in ER so I don't have access to the same advantages that could allow me to beat them in ER.
    Ah, so it's not just "get past O&S", it's "get past O&S the hard way". It is much easier to beat Ornstein first because he's faster and more aggressive and so will be next to you more, and his empowered moveset is harder than Smoughs. IIRC Ornstein also has much better resistance to slash damage which is what most of us end up using because swords are cool.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, just completed Elex. In-game timer says around 44.5 hours, Steam more like 52 (presumably from reloads after dying). Liked the ending--it wrapped up the immediate threat while hinting at a new one going forward, which I guess is what Elex 2 is about? Since I enjoyed the first one I may well buy and install it now to find out!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    Ah, so it's not just "get past O&S", it's "get past O&S the hard way". It is much easier to beat Ornstein first because he's faster and more aggressive and so will be next to you more, and his empowered moveset is harder than Smoughs. IIRC Ornstein also has much better resistance to slash damage which is what most of us end up using because swords are cool.
    Hey they're the ones who put the cool armor behind killing Ornstein last. I'm just following my heart to get what I want, if I need to do it the hard way, so be it. If it was the easier way to get that armor, my goal wouldn't change.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

I've not got very far with Coteries, the introduction to my Malk companion just killed my suspension of disbelief (plus I was at like three hunger and had never successfully hunted). Night Road doesn't have the visuals, but I already feel like I've made more meaningful choices (and apparently at least two of the ones I've made affect later scenes).

Honestly, my main annoyance with Night Road is that it's based off of Masquerade instead of Requiem. But that's just because Requiem is much less well known, it's still a great game and Masquerade isn't a terrible setting.
    Eh, the Malk companion was the hit/miss-iest among them all -- it's obvious that they tried to show off there since it's Malk and people would expect craaazy Malk content.

The others weren't like that, though. Overall I found it to be pretty well written. Though it was clearly more linear than most people expected.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2022-04-11 at 09:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

But I've seen worse, I've beaten Bloodlines as a melee character. The shooting might be rather bland, but the melee is very old school 'click until die' (and as my disciplines were Celerity, Potence, and Presence...). Fights against mooks are boring but quick, boss fights are just boring.
    Oh, I've had worse. My first game, I played a Toreador who didn't learn a single combat skill until I was suddenly stuck in those ****ing sewers. Then I had to spec melee because that's pretty much all the game offered me.

Also: Wow, it might be an actual crime I've never heard of Night Road before.

Edit: apparently, there's several of these interactive V:tM novels... are they to be played in any particular order?
    Last edited by Eldan; 2022-04-11 at 09:52 AM.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Edit: apparently, there's several of these interactive V:tM novels... are they to be played in any particular order?
    As far as I know, they are completely different titles, also written by different people and such are of varying qualities. Again, as far as I know, though, that range is between "good" and "pretty good", unless you're nitpicking.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cespenar View Post
    Eh, the Malk companion was the hit/miss-iest among them all -- it's obvious that they tried to show off there since it's Malk and people would expect craaazy Malk content.

The others weren't like that, though. Overall I found it to be pretty well written. Though it was clearly more linear than most people expected.
    Yeah, but... the entire scene is set up to be 'you think it's a Masquerade violation but psych every poster was her'. But the revelation fell completely flat for me, not only couldn't I accept the explanation it removed an interesting choice.

The other characters were much better, but that scene just broke it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Oh, I've had worse. My first game, I played a Toreador who didn't learn a single combat skill until I was suddenly stuck in those ****ing sewers. Then I had to spec melee because that's pretty much all the game offered me.
    Ouch. Yeah the game kind of blindsides you with the first true instances of required combat there. It's not so bad for a Brujah or a Nos who at least have Potence to boost melee and unarmed, but Toreador are designed for gunplay due to their Celerity+Auspex combo, and so if you go there without any guns you'll have a problem.

Tremere are best fighting with Disciplines, Gangrel get access to stronger unarmed attacks, and Ventrue and Gangrel can get tough enough to bludgeon theitr way through. It really is Toreador and Malks who have the most issues.

Also: Wow, it might be an actual crime I've never heard of Night Road before.

I believe you can play them in any order. Night Road is the first but they should all be standalone stories.

And urgh, these games are making me want to pick up V20 (because the way V5 released Clans sucks, they want me to spend £40 on a setting book I won't use for Lasombra).

Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but... the entire scene is set up to be 'you think it's a Masquerade violation but psych every poster was her'. But the revelation fell completely flat for me, not only couldn't I accept the explanation it removed an interesting choice.

The other characters were much better, but that scene just broke it for me.
    I mean, the "how" doesn't seem far off, if she's a fast typer or even uses some macros or code.

The "why" is a bit more stretchy, since that whole schtick is a pretty planned and collected sort of "crazy", like Batman's Joker. Which isn't really crazy per se, and thus doesn't gel with the Malk theme quite so well, in my opinion. But she could be an outlier, and Malks aren't perhaps a monolith like that, etc., I don't know enough of VtM to really judge.

tl,dr: I get where you're coming from, and it was a bit off for me as well, but I don't think it's really gamebreaking-tier.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Well, just completed Elex. In-game timer says around 44.5 hours, Steam more like 52 (presumably from reloads after dying). Liked the ending--it wrapped up the immediate threat while hinting at a new one going forward, which I guess is what Elex 2 is about? Since I enjoyed the first one I may well buy and install it now to find out!
    Nice! I started Elex 2 before backtracking to 1, and it definitely picks up the looming threat from the word go. No save game importing or anything like that though, canon ending for Elex 1 is joining the Berserkers, and romancing Caja.

Speaking of which, I decided to take a bit of an Elex break and fired up Godfall again, because I wanted something very mindless. Godfall does not disappoint on that front, it's just running around and stabbing dudes in the world's shiniest corridors. The stabbing is good too, there's a mechanic where light attacks queue up extra damage on a guy that you then trigger all at once with a heavy attack. If this kills them, they explode due to your awesomeness. In a game that contained challenge, this would be added depth, in Godfall its just a flex, and it feels great.

Actually the combat overall feels great. Attacks are fast, movement is fast, the dodge and parry windows are generous, it's just total player power trip.
    Blood-red were his spurs i' the golden noon; wine-red was his velvet coat,
    When they shot him down on the highway,
    Down like a dog on the highway,
    And he lay in his blood on the highway, with the bunch of lace at his throat.

Alfred Noyes, The Highwayman, 1906.

25. - Top - End - #145

BlackDragon

canon ending for Elex 1 is joining the Berserkers, and romancing Caja.
    As it happens that's the route I took anyway! I mean, as far as romance options are concerned it's not like there's a huge field in Elex--Nasty lives up to her name more often than not, which put me off her. As for Berserkers I was already using a bow and arrow pretty much from the beginning and they were the only faction offering boosts to that playstyle, so it just fit nicely. May well go down a different route in Elex 2, yet to decide.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

I started playing the original Paper Mario today, via the Switch subscription that includes N64 games (decided to upgrade to that for a year to play some of the games on there that I haven't had another way to play in a long while, like this one). Pretty clear that it's just an emulation, not a remaster of any kind or anything - hell, the game text still refers to the N64 controller's buttons like the four C directional buttons. But it's playing quite well, so no complaints from me there. And man, does it hit the ol' nostalgia button. I don't know how long it's been since I last played this game, lost my old cartridge a long time ago, but it's still quite fun, and there's something classic-feeling about its story. Simple but enjoyable.

Also found out today that this Thursday is when BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle is getting rollback netcode on the PS4 version, so I'm holding off playing other fighting games until then to try and avoid bringing habits from Guilty Gear or the like with me when I start playing that again. I really look forward to dusting off my Yang/Ruby for a while, and then experimenting with other teams.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

Played a bit of Godfall which managed to hold my attention just long enough to get me out of the 2 hour refund window. Mostly because I left it sitting idle for a bit. There's the bones for a good game there somewhere, but they didn't bother to put any actual meat on those bones. The "loot" is all of the boring "same thing you already have but with a higher number" variety. The story is...fine? I'm past the first mission and I'm still not entirely sure who I am or what my motive is other than that my brother is evil and I have to stop him. Generic, but ok. The game also requires you to be online, which annoys me in a single player game.

The biggest problem is with the "difficulty". Which is to say there isn't any. I'm not sure who this game was designed for. Maybe blind people with no hands? Who also don't play video games? Because I'm pretty sure you could gum the controller with your mouth and still get through the map. At one point I sat my controller down mid-combat with three enemies to answer the door. When I came back several minutes later I was still alive. My dog had knocked the controller under the bed, but I was able to click the mouse button a few times and win the fight. At one point I fought a boss and the game warned me I'd be "punished harshly" if I missed my parries. When I actually missed a parry because the boss went off-camera it did about...10% of my health? Ignoring the fact that I also had heals...so maybe 1/30th of my total health pool? I get that not every game has to be Dark Souls, but you have to at least give me a reason to pay attention to the screen!

Nice! I started Elex 2 before backtracking to 1, and it definitely picks up the looming threat from the word go. No save game importing or anything like that though, canon ending for Elex 1 is joining the Berserkers, and romancing Caja.

Speaking of which, I decided to take a bit of an Elex break and fired up Godfall again, because I wanted something very mindless. Godfall does not disappoint on that front, it's just running around and stabbing dudes in the world's shiniest corridors. The stabbing is good too, there's a mechanic where light attacks queue up extra damage on a guy that you then trigger all at once with a heavy attack. If this kills them, they explode due to your awesomeness. In a game that contained challenge, this would be added depth, in Godfall its just a flex, and it feels great.

Actually the combat overall feels great. Attacks are fast, movement is fast, the dodge and parry windows are generous, it's just total player power trip.
    Just saw your post after making my own. Yeah, I can totally see the "power trip" aspect. I can see why someone might want it, but it's not my cup of tea. I knew from reviews that the game was easy, but I didn't expect it to be completely mindless. I think I'll try to see if Steam will give me a refund even though I'm barely over 2 hours. I did enjoy how shiny the corridors were though.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2022-04-12 at 12:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

You can return a game after 2 hours, FYI. It's a soft limit, and if you can coherently explain why you want to refund it to the support rep they'll usually refund it for you.

If your play time is 2 hours and 15 minutes and you say "Hey this game isn't fun but I left it idle for a while as I searched for people saying it gets better eventually" they'll refund it no issue.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    You can return a game after 2 hours, FYI. It's a soft limit, and if you can coherently explain why you want to refund it to the support rep they'll usually refund it for you.

If your play time is 2 hours and 15 minutes and you say "Hey this game isn't fun but I left it idle for a while as I searched for people saying it gets better eventually" they'll refund it no issue.
    We'll see. Sometimes I think you don't even get a person, just a bot that checks if you're under the threshold. When I tried to return an Ubisoft game (forget which one...I think Far Cry 4?) that I bought through Steam they wouldn't refund it despite the fact that it literally wouldn't play on my system and the entire 2 hours was spent trying to troubleshoot. Probably just depends on who you get.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Gubi and EA sometimes get weird because they use their own specific launchers, sadly. For EA especially you often need to get in touch with THEIR customer service for a refund. You will not get it.

I returned the resident Evil 4 PC port after like...4 hours, maybe more of trying to get it to work and they still gave it to me.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2022-04-12 at 12:38 AM.