New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default (Star Wars ffg) Bringing Edge of the Empire characters into age of rebellion?

So, I want to introduce my group to “Age of Rebllion” from fantasy flight. I want to run the starter set adventure for them, so they can get familiar with the rules. My problem: I have 5 players and the starter set only has 4 premare characters. Can I just take one premade character from the “Edge of the Empire” starter set and use him for this adventure? I don’t have the Edge of the Empire rule book (only AoR), so I don’t know how well that would work. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Sir-Carlos; 2022-04-01 at 11:09 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (Star Wars ffg) Bringing Edge of the Empire characters into age of rebellion?

It will work fine. The three Star Wars games are entirely interchangeable.

Using a sample from the EotE beginner box is probably perfect, since then you don't have to worry about Force dice for one person.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: (Star Wars ffg) Bringing Edge of the Empire characters into age of rebellion?

The only difference is that the EotE character will have an Obligation score where the AoR characters have a Duty score: you can ignore these for a first session though, they don’t have a great mechanical impact.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Age of Rebellion corebook has a section on Compatibility with Edge of the Empire, starting p.342. As others have said, they are basically entirely compatible - most of the section is about dealing with obligation and duty (which can be exchanged for each other or combined fairly easily).
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby Frost
    `This is just the beginning, Citizens! Today we have boiled a pot who's steam shall be seen across the entire galaxy. The Tea Must Flow, and it shall! The banner of the British Space Empire will be unfurled across a thousand worlds, carried forth by the citizens of Urn, and before them the Tea shall flow like a steaming brown river of shi-*cough*- shimmering moral fibre!`

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

There is also 2 additional AoR pregens.

Jin-Rio the Human Diplmat
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200413...r_folio_wq.pdf

Arkhan the Bothan Commander
    https://web.archive.org/web/20200413...r_folio_wq.pdf