Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

For what it's worth, I am.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm still here. Been a bit busy during easter, but I figured you guys had things covered while Woren was distracted and not an active part of the whole exchange.

If the desire is I write some fluffy 'what's going on in the background with Woren?' IC posts, I can do that.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by watupwithdat View Post
    Yeah, I'm still here. Been a bit busy during easter, but I figured you guys had things covered while Woren was distracted and not an active part of the whole exchange.

If the desire is I write some fluffy 'what's going on in the background with Woren?' IC posts, I can do that.
    That would be nice, yes, if you have the time.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Definitely a good thing to do. The game must keep afloat, we don't want it to end before we've rolled a single combat-related die, do we?
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mmm I tend to be online around the weekends for obvious reasons but that's probably not very healthy for PBP. I'll try to space it more evenly with the weekdays.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

On the other hand, I'm mostly off during the week-ends, though I'll try my best to get a simple post or two during this moment.

Now, how do we proceed? I'll let you have the lead here, you socially-able guys and gals.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

I want to clarify something, what exactly do you guys look like with/out true seeing, and what auras are you/your equipment putting out? Annali, for instance, I imagined judged the PCs based on their equipment aura strengths. She's also (spoilers) under true seeing but that's not particularly important for mundane disguises.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-04-26 at 01:45 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, I guess we're appearing brilliant as Christmas trees under any form of aura vision.

Ux Utanar has the same appearance, but his equipment gives off a bazillion auras. We have:

-Abjuration: strong
    -Divination: moderate
    -Enchantment: moderate
    -Necromancy: strong
    -Transmutation: moderate
    -Conjuration: moderate

9. - Top - End - #39

Alright, to the naked eye, Delja looks like this perfectly presentable wispling described here. True Seeing would reveal that she's a gaunt little unkempt scaly nixie as described on her sheet (the picture's pretty accurate too), with the exception that she's also wearing a faded, weathered black or dark grey cloak currently covering her right arm entirely (should I make a new Sleight of Hand check or the original one made to conceal her sword still applies?).

Her auras are as follows:
    Head: moderate transmutation; faint illusion
    Face: 2×moderate transmutation
    Throat: faint gtransmutation; moderate transmutation; faint conjuration
    Shoulders: 2×moderate transmutation
    Body: strong necromancy
    Torso: faint transmutation; moderate abjuration
    Arms: faint transmutation; moderate conjuration
    Rings: faint abjuration, moderate transmutation; moderate abjuration, strong abjuration
    Waist: 2×moderate transmutation
    Feet (ankles, really): faint transmutation; faint conjuration; moderate conjuration
    Back: 3×moderate conjuration
    On belt: faint transmutation; moderate transmutation; faint evocation; moderate conjuration
    In her right hand: 2×moderate transmutation; moderate evocation; faint evocation

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, you think multiple auras of the same kind do not meld into the strongest of them? I assumed they would, based on a memory of how Detect Magic works. Crap.

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Ah, you think multiple auras of the same kind do not meld into the strongest of them? I assumed they would, based on a memory of how Detect Magic works. Crap.
    The actual description of the spell goes like
    Quote Originally Posted by SRD
    You detect magical auras. The amount of information revealed depends on how long you study a particular area or subject.

1st Round: Presence or absence of magical auras.

2nd Round: Number of different magical auras and the power of the most potent aura.

3rd Round: The strength and location of each aura. If the items or creatures bearing the auras are in line of sight, you can make Spellcraft skill checks to determine the school of magic involved in each. (Make one check per aura; DC 15 + spell level, or 15 + half caster level for a nonspell effect.)

Magical areas, multiple types of magic, or strong local magical emanations may distort or conceal weaker auras.
    Emphases mine.
    In other words, yes, strong auras and stuff might mask faint ones, but that's not a hard and fast rule. Under optimal circumstances the caster should be able to detect everything that's currently online.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, okay guys, let's try to at least reach the 2/week post rate that was advertised for in the recruitment thread. We're almost facing the man we're after

13. - Top - End - #43

Right you are!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I'm not the most diplomatic guy around, that was for the sake of pushing on. Sorry for Delja!

15. - Top - End - #45

And it should (have) do(ne?) the job just fine, so don't mind Delja. It's not like she had better ideas.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, I hadn't understood the southern doors were the mage room's entrance and not the way we just came from.

As an aside, this is my first ever Handle Animal check

17. - Top - End - #47

As an aside, this is my first ever Handle Animal check
    An important milestone! My first was an untrained check made by a character who had CHA as his dump stat. He managed to calm down a swarm with it. Twice.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, nice! I didn't even know swarms were a viable target for that skill!

19. - Top - End - #49

Wow, nice! I didn't even know swarms were a viable target for that skill!
    Animal-based swarms are (or, at the very least, I'm not aware of any rule that would preclude that). I also got lucky; they were the pet swarm of some minor antagonist, trained to guard a door, so they counted as "domestic" critters for the purpose of handling. Man, those were fun times!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Neat! That's the stuff of legends :)

As an aside, this is going to be my first game playing a mounted character, and I'm going to try and play by RAW the action economy of the mount and the Handle animal skill checks required. Just to see what happens, instead of handwaving it all as I've heard is done sometimes.

21. - Top - End - #51

As an aside, this is going to be my first game playing a mounted character, and I'm going to try and play by RAW the action economy of the mount and the Handle animal skill checks required. Just to see what happens, instead of handwaving it all as I've heard is done sometimes.
    Hm. I never braved those murky waters! I suppose I'll just sit around to take advantage of your scientific curiosity.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-05-25 at 06:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Disco time

23. - Top - End - #53

Disco
    Let's hope this Teru guy is not Deader Than That!

In tangentially related news, a

PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: I shall likely be away from the internet on this Saturday and Sunday (the 4th and 5th of June, respectively). I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may bring about.

If the need arises, she doesn't see and hear anything alarming and Myriad doesn't point out any obvious trap or effect, feel free to have Delja open the door and enter total defense until the dust settles.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

So what's up with this big shiny ball?

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehehe. Maybe Master Teru is one of the 17 people in the Great Wheel that can actually make head or tails out of these tomes...and he bought them all because his scientific publications got cited in each of them. At least, that's what I would do, if my publications got cited somewhere.

26. - Top - End - #56

Hehehe. Maybe Master Teru is one of the 17 people in the Great Wheel that can actually make head or tails out of these tomes...
    But then, maybe he isn't, after all (v. the annexed figure with weird orbs, a lot of wind but no Teru to be seen).

and he bought them all because his scientific publications got cited in each of them. At least, that's what I would do, if my publications got cited somewhere.
    Heh. So true, so true.

Edit: Wait a second. Ux has eyebrows?
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-06-07 at 04:56 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

...yeah, of course he has eyebrows! Big, scaly, dragon-like eyebrows. Totally not horns, I swear! I mean, look at his profile picture on Myth-Weavers!

Last edited by remetagross; 2022-06-08 at 04:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Well, eyebrows are hair and hair is horn,1 so…

1In the sense that it is primarily composed of keratin, you pedants.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stand back! I'm about to SCIENCE! Er...um....MAGIC!
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Go for it! I'm glad to see the Silver Key class actually put to good use, it's not a famously powerful PrC so it's nice to see a case where it actually is powerful!

As an aside, how are you liking your game so far @chaincomplex? If I remember the OP for the recruitment thread, you wanted to get back to 3.5 and use this little PbP to tame GMing again. How is that happening so far?