New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

The idea's neat in principle, but the guy the crew's looking for might not like it that much.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Tell you what, if we do succeed in pulling him out of that place, we have to carry the sphere around as our pocket personal fortress for sure
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, if he is alive, he has some splainin' to do anyway what with the abominations and all. If he survives the horrors, AND the explanation...we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

...er...'cross' that bridge, I meant. Of course. Ahem. lol

Also, if a situation cannot be solved with aspects of thievery, deception, violence, or magically conjured mules, Myriad's head might explode. Everything should be able to be solved with thievery, deception, violence, or magically conjured mules. (O_o)
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-08-14 at 02:07 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

4. - Top - End - #124

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Well, if he is alive, he has some splainin' to do anyway what with the abominations and all. If he survives the horrors, AND the explanation...we'll burn that bridge when we come to it.

...er...'cross' that bridge, I meant. Of course. Ahem. lol

Also, if a situation cannot be solved with aspects of thievery, deception, violence, or magically conjured mules, Myriad's head might explode. Everything should be able to be solved with thievery, deception, violence, or magically conjured mules. (O_o)
    Eh, at the moment Delja would settle for violence, violence, violence and magically conjured violence.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

I really appreciate that creative use of mules, Geeks!

But I'm sure violence is incoming anyway, Meta
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

6. - Top - End - #126

Listen Check (1d20+27)[31]

7. - Top - End - #127

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    I really appreciate that creative use of mules, Geeks!

But I'm sure violence is incoming anyway, Meta
    I once had a martial character that used a godly favor to ask for the ability to cast spells - specifically, 'as many as the most powerful sorcerer'. The god actually granted it, and I was able to cast 45 spells per day! The catch? They were all cantrips and 1st level spells, my Caster level was 1, and DCs for all spells were also 10. I got to 'know' all arcane lvl 1 spells, but with a DC of 10 and a CL of 1, I had to get really creative. I used Mount as a meat shield...a lot. Also summoned a lot to slap on the ass and send town hallways to trigger traps. Eventually, I caused a holy war between the goddess of magic (the one who granted me the spells), and the god of horses over how often I was doing that. It was a whole thing.

I think my favorite down-time use was at the tavern between missions. I used Prestidigitation constantly to 'animate' little paper cut-out dolls filled with red thread. People would buy one for a silver and enter it into the tournament, where I would make them 'fight to the death' and people could place bets with me. The townsfolk got super into it, even commissioning artists to paint their paper warriors up like gladiators. I charged a copper to Mend their fallen warriors when they were defeated and their blood (red thread) had been spilled on the sands (salty tavern table). Caltrops for arena obstacles, Dancing Lights for pyrotechnics, Percussion for dramatic background music, etc. It was quite the spectacle.

8. - Top - End - #128

I once had a martial character that used a godly favor to ask for the ability to cast spells - specifically, 'as many as the most powerful sorcerer'. The god actually granted it, and I was able to cast 45 spells per day! The catch? They were all cantrips and 1st level spells, my Caster level was 1, and DCs for all spells were also 10. I got to 'know' all arcane lvl 1 spells, but with a DC of 10 and a CL of 1, I had to get really creative. I used Mount as a meat shield...a lot. Also summoned a lot to slap on the ass and send town hallways to trigger traps. Eventually, I caused a holy war between the goddess of magic (the one who granted me the spells), and the god of horses over how often I was doing that. It was a whole thing.
    When I grow up, I want to be like your DM. But seriously, that's nothing if not absolutely lovely. Extra credit goes to the angry god of horses. Someone's taking his job quite seriously!

I think my favorite down-time use was at the tavern between missions. I used Prestidigitation constantly to 'animate' little paper cut-out dolls filled with red thread. People would buy one for a silver and enter it into the tournament, where I would make them 'fight to the death' and people could place bets with me. The townsfolk got super into it, even commissioning artists to paint their paper warriors up like gladiators. I charged a copper to Mend their fallen warriors when they were defeated and their blood (red thread) had been spilled on the sands (salty tavern table). Caltrops for arena obstacles, Dancing Lights for pyrotechnics, Percussion for dramatic background music, etc. It was quite the spectacle.
    That reminds me, one of these days I plan to put together an NPC class that does something like that. An invoker, it'd have "arcane invocations" replicating harmless but flashy low level spells. I think I'll call it (drum roll) the Conjurer of Cheap Tricks.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-08-18 at 04:18 AM.

9. - Top - End - #129

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    When I grow up, I want to be like your DM. But seriously, that's nothing if not absolutely lovely. Extra credit goes to the angry god of horses. Someone's taking his job quite seriously!
    Well, it started off as a joke because the Cleric was talking about how some gods grant favors if you make sacrifices for them. Theological debate occurs, and when we were ambushed, I cast Mount in front of me and when it was mauled by the Kython stalking us, I proclaimed 'I offer this sacrifice to the gods'. Theological debate with the cleric is renewed, because he claims that wouldn't count because it wasn't really a live animal. 'Oh, so it isn't what was intended? GEE, I WONDER HOW THAT FEELS?!'. So, out of spite, I then would proclaim it as a sacrifice for the goddess of magic as petty payback. Fake sacrificial thanks for getting the short end of the godly wish stick.

Apparently it happened so often, the god of horses somehow heard about it and confronted the goddess of magic, demanding to know why 'all these horses are being sacrificed in her name', and her response was something like 'those horses don't even count as proper sacrifices'. Which enraged the horse god because he was apparently not told they were conjured horses, and thought she was mocking the life value of his children or something. Thus, holy war ended up being declared. Centaurs everywhere swore off magic and became mage-hunting arcanophobes. I was captured more than once by centaurs and had to be rescued before they sacrificed me to their god as a 'the great heritic'.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-08-18 at 09:55 PM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Man, that's an awesome campaign story. I wish I were there too! your GM pulled off a great stuff out of that. I can't claim I've ever started a religious war of some sort during any of my campaigns

11. - Top - End - #131

Whoops, forgot to update my Spoiler with the trap check roll.

Search For Traps: (1d20+37)[46]

Also, assuming all doors are closed and can be locked, Myriad plans on going back and clearing the side rooms one by one. She's just paranoid about enemies swarming if/when an alarm/ruckus is raised. - She is not well equipped for groups of enemies and prefers small groups and single targets because that is what she is best at. So, she will habitually seek to minimize the number of enemies to deal with at once as much as she is able.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-08-23 at 12:10 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

I took the liberty of herding Myriad's token back to the main hall as well. Do tell if you mind that.

13. - Top - End - #133

I took the liberty of herding Myriad's token back to the main hall as well. Do tell if you mind that.
    All good with me! :)

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Just in case the Knowledge check requires a DC of no more than 10, since that's the max that can be achieved with untrained checks:
    (1d20+1)[12]

15. - Top - End - #135
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way my interpretation of which doors Myriad locked are O22 and J32 (namely the northernmost and southernmost doors). If these are the wrong doors, it would be problematic to retcon since the enemy reacted already, so let's just roll with it. Next time try to specify doors by location when there's possible ambiguity.

16. - Top - End - #136

Knowledge (The Planes) check to recall anything about pre-tanar'ri archaic Abyssal (1d20+9)[27]

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    By the way my interpretation of which doors Myriad locked are O22 and J32 (namely the northernmost and southernmost doors). If these are the wrong doors, it would be problematic to retcon since the enemy reacted already, so let's just roll with it. Next time try to specify doors by location when there's possible ambiguity.
    My understanding: We locked and passed the door doors adjacent to O23, rounded the corner going south and then also locked the two adjacent to J28. That's when Delja heard whispering stop from beyond the door at J32
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-08-28 at 12:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Nice roll there!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, time to glean something useful here :)

19. - Top - End - #139

(Interesting fact: Delja keeps calling Myriad Druce and Ux Utanar Ux because she can't be bothered to pronounce names longer than a syllable most of the time (long names are boring!); that's part of the reason why she keeps that likewise monosyllabic nickname she picked up in her past around.)

20. - Top - End - #140

(Interesting fact: Delja keeps calling Myriad Druce and Ux Utanar Ux because she can't be bothered to pronounce names longer than a syllable most of the time (long names are boring!); that's part of the reason why she keeps that likewise monosyllabic nickname she picked up in her past around.)
    Feel free to shorten any alias Myriad uses. She generally will stick with the current 'Drucilla Kunderak' alias unless there is a compelling reason to change. She'll have others that would be familiar to her group later, as situations that warrant them arrive. For any throw-away forms that are generic 'an elf dressed as a bard' or 'a human begger' etc, you can stick with 'Myr' as they'll be all but nameless use-once-and-discard disguises. She'll always have her current persona in her stat block and if there is a name attached, it will be a 'known alias' of the group. If it is just a generic description, it's a nameless throw-away so using her real name or just 'Myr' would be appropriate.

Or feel free to use labels. 'Hey, portal-junkie!' or 'Miss traps-be-gone', or even 'Lady stabs-a-lot' are all also very viable! (^_^)
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-06 at 09:10 AM.

21. - Top - End - #141

Feel free to shorten any alias Myriad uses. She generally will stick with the current 'Drucilla Kunderak' alias unless there is a compelling reason to change. She'll have others that would be familiar to her group later, as situations that warrant them arrive. For any throw-away forms that are generic 'an elf dressed as a bard' or 'a human begger' etc, you can stick with 'Myr' as they'll be all but nameless use-once-and-discard disguises. She'll always have her current persona in her stat block and if there is a name attached, it will be a 'known alias' of the group. If it is just a generic description, it's a nameless throw-away so using her real name or just 'Myr' would be appropriate.
    The background info's much appreciated; will keep that in mind!

Or feel free to use labels. 'Hey, portal-junkie!' or 'Miss traps-be-gone', or even 'Lady stabs-a-lot' are all also very viable! (^_^)
    Nah, these are way too long. Delja's a zealous adherent of the "talk less, stab-stab more" school of thought.

22. - Top - End - #142

Myriad's Train of Thought

Also, as a reminder for this 'conversation', here are all of Myriad's 'automatically take 10' social check score.

Bluff: 60
    Diplomacy: 50
    Intimidate: 50
    Gather Information: 40
    Sense Motive: 18
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-07 at 10:31 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Have to drive to Chicago today and catch a flight at 10pm. I won't be able to post until I'm settled at my new place in about two days. I'm moving to Germany from the US. Please feel free to RP Myriad trying to contain her disappointment that no one else seems to be focusing on the important information - planar creation, manipulation and travel. lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-08 at 09:58 AM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Good luck on moving in !

Anyway, that's a nasty stuff. It can pull off not one, but two Wishes back-to-back ???

25. - Top - End - #145

Move was successful! I was unaware that my wife had been paying for Internet the entire time she has been here...with the router sitting in the box because she didn't know how to hook it up. She has been running her TV to watch Netflix via her phone's Hotspot function. *Facepalm*

For the sake of furthering the story/plot, I've chosen to silently guilt Delja for crushing her dreams instead of letting Myriad derail the conversation entirely in her obvious excitement. lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-10 at 06:09 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Dwarf in the Playground

It is naturally Meta's prerogative to determine Delja's reaction to Myriad.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-09-10 at 08:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #147

Well, damn. Someone there sure means business! Diplomacy doesn't work on PCs, and Delja autofails the opposed check for Bluff. I'll roll the modified level check for Intimidate and work from there: (1d20+28)[36].

28. - Top - End - #148

For clarity, I only list numbers to help set the scene. Otherwise I would be searching the internet for hours to find images like this to describe the sheer level of pouty face and such. lol

For PCs, I just use the numbers as a scale-like reference for just how dramatic/convincing the kind of expression she's going for would be for 'normal' people. Kind of how Puss-In-Boots sad cat eyes are dialed up to 11 compared to a normal pout face and the NPCs (guards) don't know how to handle it - Shrek does not give a donkey's behind because he's a party member...but still feels kinda bad about ignoring it - even though he can ignore it. If that makes sense?
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-11 at 02:34 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149

Yup. It does. Delja will continue to treat it as witchcraft, though.

30. - Top - End - #150

Yup. It does. Delja will continue to treat it as witchcraft, though.
    Just can't trust those Pseudo-Magical Shapeshifting Trapsniffing Portal-Hopping Sneak-Thief types, lemmy tell ya! Always got some tomfoolery going on. lol