New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Myriad's Saves

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    (Technically, feinting might matter even in such situations; depending on the attack roll, targetting normal or FF AC can make a difference.)
    True! @DM, If Fainted, Please Use Flat-footed AC for the first attack Also, add +2 to all attack rolls if flanked. lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-20 at 03:34 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Man, what a headache :D
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

3. - Top - End - #183
    Orc in the Playground

Damn, yeah I forgot SLAs provoke AoOs, unlike Su abilities.

Do you guys think I should reopen recruitment for a caster or something, or do you guys wanna stay a triplet?

It's your guys' call. Any new potential party members would be introduced well after this segment is over.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-09-21 at 02:56 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Let's see. Will save: (1d20+18)[24];
    Will save: (1d20+18)[34]; and
    an AoO on A1, if that was an SLA: (1d20+26)[40] for (1d6+20)[26] magical piercing plus (1d6)[3] cold and (1d4)[1] force.

As for picking up a caster… I kind of like our current group dynamics, but a caster could sure prove useful here and there. Hm.

5. - Top - End - #185

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    Damn, yeah I forgot SLAs provoke AoOs, unlike Su abilities.

Do you guys think I should reopen recruitment for a caster or something, or do you guys wanna stay a triplet?

It's your guys' call. Any new potential party members would be introduced well after this segment is over.
    I love the current group dynamic. Though if a caster turns out to be truly needed, I know someone who roleplays well and posts consistently, and they already know the general outline of the campaign (I've been bragging about playing in an awesome game with a really good DM to my bestie lol) and can have them apply - they almost always play casters, too. Myriad knows tons of people (via tons of aliases), and would be an easy enough 'connection' to roleplay.

Or who knows? Maybe there is some weird magical object or effect somewhere in this place that we'll run into that rearranges our molecules and turns us all into Gestalt characters. *shifts eyes back and forth suspiciously* Myriad can totally be trusted with magic, I swear! *cackles*

Will Save VS Paralysis (DC 20) (1d20+22)[42]
    Will Save VS Paralysis (DC 20) (1d20+22)[41]
    (By the way, if any of their abilities can be stopped by Spell Resistance, Myriad has SR 25)
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-21 at 05:22 AM.

6. - Top - End - #186

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Though if a caster turns out to be truly needed, I know someone who roleplays well and posts consistently, and they already know the general outline of the campaign (I've been bragging about playing in an awesome game with a really good DM to my bestie lol) and can have them apply - they almost always play casters, too. Myriad knows tons of people (via tons of aliases), and would be an easy enough 'connection' to roleplay.
    Who's that? Do I know them?

Or who knows? Maybe there is some weird magical object or effect somewhere in this place that we'll run into that rearranges our molecules and turns us all into Gestalt characters.
    I don't know. My build is stupid enough as is.

*shifts eyes back and forth suspiciously* Myriad can totally be trusted with magic, I swear! *cackles*
    [Slowly backs out of the frame.]

7. - Top - End - #187

Who's that? Do I know them?
    No idea! Her username is Biscuit here on GitPG. Gearing up to DM a new game here that was actually inspired by my having told her about this game ('Bountiful Planes' recruitment thread).

She's actually the DM that I was talking about a while ago for the game where I accidentally started a holy war via the abuse of the Mount spell. Forever DM that hasn't had any luck lately with being able to actually play for a while, and usually ends up always DMing for a 3.5 fix.

I normally snatch up any chance to play in her games, but skipped her current game because when I went to make a character I basically ended up recreating Myriad, and I decided one Myriad was enough for the Multiverse. Plus I was in the process of moving to Germany and didn't want to stretch myself too thin. Though, recruitment is open for another 2 days. Might take another crack at it now that I'm settled. lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-21 at 06:56 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Alternatively, I just realized that Epic Level rules states "Every character gains one feat (which may be an epic or nonepic feat at the player’s choice) at every level divisible by three. These feats are in addition to any bonus feats granted in the class descriptions." and I never picked a lvl 21 feat.

If we were supposed to get a feat at level 21, as that seems to read, I could pick up Leadership and pick up a spellcasting sidekick/minion, maybe?

Minion: "Boss, when were you planning on paying my salary?"
    Myriad: "I paid you already, and even gave you a sign-on bonus!"
    Minion: "Um...if you already paid me, how am I flat broke?"
    Myriad: "Hey man, it isn't my fault you lost it in that card game while drunk from celebrating your new job."
    Minion: "...but I don"t remember that either?"
    Myriad: "Well yeah...you were drunk." *Bluff Check*
    Minion: "Well...****. Must have been a good night then, I guess. Thanks for clearing that up, boss." *Continues minioning*
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-21 at 01:37 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189

No idea! Her username is Biscuit here on GitPG.
    Biscuit, you say? I saw her around, here and there (here being down here and there being Homebrew Design), but I never had the pleasure to share a game with her.

She's actually the DM that I was talking about a while ago for the game where I accidentally started a holy war via the abuse of the Mount spell.

I'm all sold.

I never picked a lvl 21 feat
    I… Don't think any of us has hit that level yet, so let's get back to that once Myriad does.

10. - Top - End - #190

I… Don't think any of us has hit that level yet, so let's get back to that once Myriad does.
    For some reason, I kept thinking we were lvl 21, but I guess we are just 20. Nevermind! lol

11. - Top - End - #191

For some reason, I kept thinking we were lvl 21, but I guess we are just 20. Nevermind! lol
    Hell, Delja's technically ECL 18 and that includes LA! But we'll get there. I think.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Leadership for bringing a convenient DMPC in is definitely neat, but I don't think this game is supposed to go past level 20. Biscuit doesn't ring a bell, but man, if she had anything to do with that Mount night mare (got it? ha!), I'm sold too

To be fair, I was wondering if a party of ECL 20 characters wasn't in need of some sort of planar travel, teleporting abilities, etc. that are usually provided by the caster of the group. But actually on second thought, that role can be provided by, say, a freed Teru, so it's not as mandatory as I thought at first sight. I'm rather liking our tripartite dynamic so far, to be honest. I'm liking this game period, actually. Amazing post rate, enticing fellow PCs, a chance to actually play a level 20 build, and so far the plot is getting thicker, mysterious and involves clearing a space hulk.

About the SLAs thing: they can be used defensively, like spells. And also: Aberration A5 triggers an AoO from Ux Utanar even though it made a 5-foot step, due to the Bulwark of Defense class feature: all foes within reach of the Knight move as if in difficult terrain, which prevents the use of the 5ft-step. Unless the aberration is under the effect of Freedom of Movement, or that sort of things. In case A5 does take the AoO, then I had already rolled the attack in my last post in the IC: to-hit roll of 31, damage roll of 25 converted into a DC 25 Ref save to be allowed to move at all in this round. I hope it fails that and remains locked in place!

If Myriad is hit by an AoO, it will be taken by Ux Utanar with the Shield Block class feature. Which means Ux Utanar will not have an available swift action for his round. I'll post two possible paths of action for him depending on whether he has it or not.
    Last edited by remetagross; 2022-09-22 at 03:58 AM.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

A bunch of saves now:

Two saves against paralysis for Ux Utanar (1d20+34)[39], (1d20+34)[43] and two other for Ereshki (1d20+11)[27], (1d20+11)[19]. By the way, does the +4 to Will saves against [enchantment] effects applies against this paralysis? If no, then Ereshki is already paralysed for having failed her save against paralysis on the previous round.

And Str check to avoid being tripped: (1d20+5)[6]

14. - Top - End - #194

All hail the mighty meat shield! (^_^)

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

Just to clarify a detail, what happened to A5 is that I didn't account for Ux's Bulwark, but I didn't want to retcon which would slow things down, so I treated it as a successful move (provoking Ux's AoO), but it both got forced to Stand Still and fell prone from the Bulwark, an ad hoc ruling I'm making in this case just to show that it doesn't have freedom of movement or some similar effect on it.

I also definitely overdid the mook spam here. Try to enjoy yourself. I'll make sure the next fight isn't as monotonous!
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-09-22 at 10:19 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

No probs! I was, at first sight, wondering if I had overlooked a powerful part of Bulwark of Defense that made ennemies prone

Ah, Metastachydium, at some point Ux Utanar will learn to let Delja do the talking. By which I mean, mostly stabbing.

Another series of saves against paralysis:
    (1d20+30)[49] and (1d20+30)[31] for Ux Utanar. Ah, a natural 1 to roleplay :)
    (1d20+15)[24] for Ereshki

Damn, I've just discovered Ux is fairly powerless against damage reduction. I'll have to think about that. Does any of you gals have some Knowledge: dungeoneering ranks to try and guess what kind of DR that is?
    Last edited by remetagross; 2022-09-23 at 03:38 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Ah, Metastachydium, at some point Ux Utanar will learn to let Delja do the talking. By which I mean, mostly stabbing.
    I'm afraid she'll do a lot of weeping and dying inside 'tl then, though!

I'll have to think about that. Does any of you gals have some Knowledge: dungeoneering ranks to try and guess what kind of DR that is?
    No, sadly. Knowledge (n&r) yes, but not dungeoneering.

Let's see some Will saves, in the meantime:
    (1d20+18)[28];
    (1d20+18)[32].

18. - Top - End - #198

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Does any of you gals have some Knowledge: dungeoneering ranks to try and guess what kind of DR that is?
    Myriad has a moderate Knowledge (Architecture & Engineering) mod, and minor mods for Arcana, The Planes, and Local. Sadly, no Dungeoneering.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

It'll have to be trial and error, then. At the very least, they're not immune to force damage, and moderately immune to electricity.

My AoO and my first hit have been natural 20s, though I don't know whether these creatures are vulnerable to critical hits.

Confirmation for the AoO: (1d20+24)[43], and the extra damage is: (2d8+24)[28]. This probably means that A5 will have to succeed on a DC 50 Ref save or something to be allowed to move, not sure if that makes that much of a difference :p

However, confirmation for the first iterative attack: (1d20+22)[23], and the extra damage is: (2d8+32)[47].

20. - Top - End - #200

Will Save VS Paralysis (DC 20) (1d20+22)[31]

21. - Top - End - #201
    Orc in the Playground

Myriad's second Will save: (1d20+22)[24]

22. - Top - End - #202

Will Save VS Paralysis (DC 20) (1d20+22)[38]
    Will Save VS Paralysis (DC 20) (1d20+22)[32]

Critical Miss for her one attack this round. Sad face.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-24 at 04:58 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203

Will saves (DC 20): (1d20+18)[32]; (1d20+18)[36]; and
    Fortitude (DC 23): (1d20+23)[27].

24. - Top - End - #204

chaincomplex: was Delja's DR 5/cold iron factored into the damage she took?

25. - Top - End - #205

Yay for Flanking prep!

Also, Ux is doing a splended job Holding The Line!
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-24 at 09:21 AM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Orc in the Playground

chaincomplex: was Delja's DR 5/cold iron factored into the damage she took?
    Nope, go ahead and factor that in. Generally even if I know a player has a resistance, immunity, auto-succeeds, etc. (which I'll often forget anyways) I will still "run it blindly", so to speak.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-09-24 at 11:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207

Also, Ux is doing a splended job Holding The Line!
    Frog Leap stuff! I love Frog Leap stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    Nope, go ahead and factor that in. Generally even if I know a player has a resistance, immunity, auto-succeeds, etc. (which I'll often forget anyways) I will still "run it blindly", so to speak.
    Hah! Thanks! That's both good to know and a pleasant surprise.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks, though he's not playing battery as well as Toto is :D

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Will save for Ereshki: (1d20+15)[33]

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the late post, mates.

Oh oh, a threat: let's roll a confirmation for that first iterative (1d20+25)[27], and if it's confirmed, the extra damage is (3d8+36)[39].

Also, @chaincomplex, I'm a bit embarrassed, but due to the way I wanted to move Ereshki I deleted the dead A2. Also, since Ux Utanar is riding her, I can't place him on the map anymore either. It's not a very satisfactory way to proceed; how do you think we should do?