New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Also, @chaincomplex, I'm a bit embarrassed, but due to the way I wanted to move Ereshki I deleted the dead A2. Also, since Ux Utanar is riding her, I can't place him on the map anymore either. It's not a very satisfactory way to proceed; how do you think we should do?
    We'll just handwave A2, it's not a big deal.

Also as long as we know who's riding what, there's no ambiguity in denoting a character and its mount sharing a square by either the character's symbol or mount's symbol, interchangeably (usually prefer the controlling character for obvious reasons—upscale for the mount). We can just add a note to the tile (right-click menu option) if it's still an issue.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Can a 5' step be used diagonally, or only in the 4 cardinal directions?

Will Save 1: (1d20+22)[38]
    Will Save 2: (1d20+22)[29]
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

3. - Top - End - #213
    Firbolg in the Playground

I mean, one diagonal is 5'. At any rate, if you have the patience, I plan to draw an AoO from A3, just in case.

Will saves: (1d20+18)[21] and (1d20+18)[36]

4. - Top - End - #214

Add +2 to Myriad's Attack Rolls, since the target is flanked. Forgot to add that when I pasted in my 'Full Attack Rolls' from notepad.

Third attack is a crit miss tho

And no worries about AoO. 5-Foot-Steps do not trigger them.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-09-29 at 06:12 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Can a 5' step be used diagonally, or only in the 4 cardinal directions?
    Can be used on the first, third, etc. diagonal. If for some reason you get multiple 5' steps then this matters, otherwise you just get to use it I believe. There may be some nuance about crossing diagonally when there's a corner in the way, I don't remember these details well.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Two Will saves for Ereshki: (1d20+15)[24], (1d20+15)[20].

Aslo, chaincomplex, I've noticed something poorly thought-out. In the Wild Cohort feat, it is specified that the PC can use the Handle Animal skill as a move action rather than a standard action. However, there are no uses of the Handle Animal skill in the srd mandating a standard action. It's either a move action to have an animal perform a trick it knows, or a full-round action to have it perform a trick it knows not. That amount of time being reduced to a free action and a standard action, respectively, in the case of a Druid or Ranger dealing with its animal companion. So, what gives?
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aslo, chaincomplex, I've noticed something poorly thought-out. In the Wild Cohort feat, it is specified that the PC can use the Handle Animal skill as a move action rather than a standard action. However, there are no uses of the Handle Animal skill in the srd mandating a standard action. It's either a move action to have an animal perform a trick it knows, or a full-round action to have it perform a trick it knows not. That amount of time being reduced to a free action and a standard action, respectively, in the case of a Druid or Ranger dealing with its animal companion. So, what gives?
    I suppose, amusingly then, that this only applies if you've somehow reduced Handle Animal to a standard action (such as, as you mentioned, by being a Druid). That's my ruling anyways; I'm not going to bootstrap the designers' (possible lack of) intent here. The clause is categorically incorrect.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-09-30 at 09:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #218

A Will save: (1d20+18)[23]

9. - Top - End - #219

And a new flank has been set up!

10. - Top - End - #220

Listen: (1d20+27)[31]

11. - Top - End - #221

Aaaaand, roll to confirm crit (1st Attack against flat-footed AC if successfully fainted): (1d20+29)[36]
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-01 at 06:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #222

Heh, my friend Biscuit is using a retooled gestalt version of Myriad for her Big Bad villain in the new PBP game she just got underway. I helped make it! It is decidedly more evil and far more deadly than the Myriad you guys know and love. Totally gonna be spying on that game to see how she performs!
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-03 at 07:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Hehe, I'm curious to hear how that's going to turn!

Will save for Ereshki: (1d20+15)[30]

Listeck check to hear Delja complaining and Myriad raving about: (1d20-5)[-3]

Auto-success versus the poison.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Heh, my friend Biscuit is using a retooled gestalt version of Myriad for her Big Bad villain in the new PBP game she just got underway. I helped make it! It is decidedly more evil and far more deadly than the Myriad you guys know and love. Totally gonna be spying on that game to see how she performs!
    Oh, wow. Poor souls! (Does that version sing? Tell me she doesn't sing.)

15. - Top - End - #225

lol No idea, but we'll see!
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-05 at 01:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Well, damn. Turns out I was not paying a sufficient amount of attention to stuff and my relative inexperience with maneuvers ended up showing. So. Turns out, Delja doesn't actually qualify for Sudden Leap, one of her readied maneuvers (I wanted to use irght now, to make matters worse). Chaincomplex: I'm hereby requesting a DM ruling. The way I see it,
    1. were I to switch out, say, Burning Blade for Wolf Fang Strike, the issue would be solved;
    2. were we to pretend that D. never readied the maneuver she currently can't know, and has another maneuver readied instead the problem could be postponed.
    A third option is, of course, "we'll sort it out after combat, don't use your maneuvers 'til then" and I'll, needless to say, understand if you wish to go that way.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just swap out a maneuver to make the build legal.

Edit. Actually I'm going to do you one better, I understand there are tricks to nab maneuvers without meeting the prereqs, that is to say it's not categorically a problem except in the sense of it not being a part of normal progression.

So let's just pretend you somehow have Sudden Leap, unless you can think of mechanical ambiguities downstream of this issue.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-10-06 at 12:01 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Many thanks! I think I'll go with the former option, however. It's not like I really intended to use Burning Blade for much, ever, and I prefer to stay rules-legal if at all possible.

Will post IC shortly.

19. - Top - End - #229

CRITICAL THREAT on A4! Rolling to confirm: (1d20+26)[32] for (1d6+20)[23] and (1d4)[4] force.

20. - Top - End - #230

That Eldritch Blast attack should have a -3 mod added to it for firing into melee (-4 for melee, +1 for point blank). That's what I get for posting pre-coffee.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, crap, here are the proper rolls:

Full-round action: full-round attack versus A5, power attack of 3.
    Attack rolls: (1d20+24)[40], (1d20+19)[39], (1d20+14)[30], (1d20+9)[28]. Damage rolls: (1d8+14)[16], (1d8+14)[22], (1d8+14)[22], (1d8+14)[20]
    Swift action: sudden stunning in case there's one hit, Will save DC 31 to avoid being stunned.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Crit confirmation and extra damage: (1d20+19)[24], (2d8+28)[40].

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Delja makes an Escape Artist check to squeeze through the incredibly tight hallway, presently packed with two of the aberrations themselves squeezing: (1d20+22)[32]

As an aside guys, make sure your character sheet shows all the relevant bonuses in every field, and if not that your latest post includes relevant modifications I should keep in mind. I'm making hidden checks and saves, and will likely make more as you fight more worthy foes/face more worthy challenges, and have been using your sheets to determine the bonuses.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm mine is updated, as far as I know, but gals keep in mind Ux Utanar's aura gives out a +4 bonus to Fort checks to everyone within 30ft.

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    Delja makes an Escape Artist check to squeeze through the incredibly tight hallway, presently packed with two of the aberrations themselves squeezing: [roll0]

As an aside guys, make sure your character sheet shows all the relevant bonuses in every field, and if not that your latest post includes relevant modifications I should keep in mind. I'm making hidden checks and saves, and will likely make more as you fight more worthy foes/face more worthy challenges, and have been using your sheets to determine the bonuses.
    Only non-obvious thing I can think of that isn't reflected on Myriad's sheet is that because she has 5 ranks in Knowledge (architecture and engineering), she gets +2 on Search checks "involving secret doors and similar compartments".

Though I could not for the life of me figure out my original bonus math for bluff, so I adjusted it down to 14 (+2 Racial, +3 Feat, +3 Item, +6 Invocation), so it is an auto 55 now instead of an auto 60 (I doubt that will make much difference at those levels though). I think it might have been from the original build's 1 level in the Montebank prestige class that I ended up axing in favor of a second level of Warlock for At-Will Detect Magic and a second Invocation to grab darkvision and see invisible.

Oh, and her Rolls to overcome SR for Eldritch Blast if I neglect to pre-roll it is 1d20+2 (only 2 levels of Warlock).
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-08 at 05:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, man, what a long fight! Glad we made it without too much bruises.

Does any of you gals have a means to cure Con damage? I got 2 points of that.

27. - Top - End - #237

Wow, man, what a long fight! Glad we made it without too much bruises.

Does any of you gals have a means to cure Con damage? I got 2 points of that.
    Yup. A Rod of Bodily Restoration. Ux Utanar should ask and he'll receive.

(Edit: Oh, and D. takes 10 for a 32 on Escape Artist to squeeze back out of the hallway, if needed.)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-10-13 at 03:31 PM.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Ux Utanar doth ask!

29. - Top - End - #239

And he receiveth! (As for normal healing, I have 5 healing belt charges (for 10d8 points) and lemme see… 4 potion tiles of CMW (for 8d8+12 points) remaining to offer. Should ability damage become an issue again, D. also carries 4 potion tiles of Lesser Restoration, the Rod has 2 charges still available and the Orb of Mental Renewal has all 3.)

30. - Top - End - #240

Sorry, I have been battling with the flu and the fever hasn't really allowed enough coherency to post since I first started disgorging copious amounts of phlegm and snot. I started to a few different times and then couldn't muster the mental fortitude to remember what it was I was trying to do with the post. (Totally failed my Fort Save, which lead me to have a negative effect on my successive Will Saves)
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-15 at 12:11 PM.