New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Well don't worry about posting, just rest and heal. Hope you feel better soon!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Pretty sure a kid in my friend's building brought a bug home, and I got it from my friend when we had dinner on Thursday. I lost like 2 days before I even realized days had passed. That flu hit me like a damn truck. Over the worst of it now though, I think.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Pretty sure a kid in my friend's building brought a bug home, and I got it from my friend when we had dinner on Thursday.
    Ah, kids! The most terrible of all terrible plaguebearers!

I lost like 2 days before I even realized days had passed. That flu hit me like a damn truck. Over the worst of it now though, I think.
    Well, damn. Keep up the good fight, then, I suppose!

4. - Top - End - #244

Kid caused three PBP game delays and caused a reschedule for a weekly discord game between two different Players/DMs. lol

I DM a discord game on Tuesday and play in this PBP game and she is DMing a PBP game and plays in another.

Damn kids. lol

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Rest well, mate!
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

6. - Top - End - #246

And Ereshki's brought back above 100 hp, hitting a largely servicable 103 (hey, it beats the 81 she used to have)!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

Neat! She'll jump back into the fray right off the bat!
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Neat! She'll jump back into the fray right off the bat!

9. - Top - End - #249

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Delja narrows her eyes in a display of pure, undiluted pain and begins massaging the bridge of her nose with all her available fingers. Druce, I… Really didn't need to know that.
    Heh, that isn't nearly as bad as what I'd originally written before I switched to what I posted. "Ugh, why is it that every time that tentacles are involved, I always come away tired and so damn sticky?" lmao

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, Myriad isn't really kids-friendly, is she? :D

What should we do, mates? Meet up with the arachnoid one that has fled during the fight?

11. - Top - End - #251

Heh, that isn't nearly as bad as what I'd originally written before I switched to what I posted. "Ugh, why is it that every time that tentacles are involved, I always come away tired and so damn sticky?" lmao
    I have this vague feeling D. would have preferred that version. The lucky li'l blue thing spent her whole life blissfully not knowing what hentai is.

What should we do, mates? Meet up with the arachnoid one that has fled during the fight?
    Mhm. That and the other one which didn't. Apparently, they are squatting in the same room.

12. - Top - End - #252

Yeah, Myriad isn't really kids-friendly, is she? :D

That's the fun part. Does she use such innuendos on purpose just to annoy Delja's sensibilities? Or is she actuallycompletely unaware of them and thinks they are perfectly plain and simple statements of fact? Only the gods know for sure, and they are not talking! At least, not in this place. :)

Knowledge (The Planes) Check for information about "Dymos" (1d20+13)[14] - *mental crickets* lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-21 at 12:51 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253

That's the fun part. Does she use such innuendos on purpose just to annoy Delja's sensibilities? Or is she actuallycompletely unaware of them and thinks they are perfectly plain and simple statements of fact? Only the gods know for sure, and they are not talking! At least, not in this place. :)
    Eh, she shouldn't feel too bad about it either way. Delja used to eat people, you know. She totally deserves dying inside every so often.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, she shouldn't feel too bad about it either way. Delja used to eat people, you know. She totally deserves dying inside every so often.
    ...used to WHAT now??? Good thing Ux doesn't know that...or does he?

15. - Top - End - #255

Delja used to eat people, you know.
    Hopefully not in public! That behavior really is only for bedrooms... and certain club bathrooms. Or so I am told. Ahem.

16. - Top - End - #256

...used to WHAT now???
    She had interesting formative years, okay? The closest thing she had to a parental figure was an oversized psychic crocodile and she started out at around the deep end of CN.

Good thing Ux doesn't know that...or does he?
    Well, D. has a +20 to Bluff and Ux a -1 to Sense Motive; I think his faith in sapient non-extraplanar life is safe for now. (Myriad, on the other hand, could have technically figured it out, but that would require her to pay attention for more than 10 seconds and not draw some hilariously inappropriate and wrong conclusions afterwards.)

17. - Top - End - #257

Though Myriad spends most of her time in the Drucilla alias, and while both her companions might assume that as her 'default alias', this is Myriad's normal personality, they would get a reminder now and then when she assumes a different alias that that might not be true. :)

'Drucilla Kunderak, the Silver Key' is a ditsy adrenaline & mystery junkie that is excited about...pretty much everything. Likeable, affable, clueless, and fun-loving! But, some slightly creepy and somewhat disturbing tendencies do leak out now and again - from every alias.

"I am Legion, for we are many..."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

She had interesting formative years, okay? The closest thing she had to a parental figure was an oversized psychic crocodile and she started out at around the deep end of CN.

Well, D. has a +20 to Bluff and Ux a -1 to Sense Motive; I think his faith in sapient non-extraplanar life is safe for now. (Myriad, on the other hand, could have technically figured it out, but that would require her to pay attention for more than 10 seconds and not draw some hilariously inappropriate and wrong conclusions afterwards.)
    Point taken. Ux is the opposite of Myriad: he wouldn't notice a Balor 5ft to his side if he is focused on fighting an imp right ahead of him

19. - Top - End - #259

Heh. But hey, that imp would be very thoroughly fought in the meantime!

20. - Top - End - #260

Just waiting to see if Myriad manages to move the magical mule so she can take its spot flanking the door.

And that is hilarious. Myriad needs to start gaslighting Ux about the most random things. "Oh yeah, on the plane of fire, everyone wears grass skirts. Its to show dominance. We definitely have to pick some up before we go. If you wanna look fearless, you'll need one with lots of grass. Dyed in bright colors so everone can see it. That's how the'll know you mean 'bidnis."

21. - Top - End - #261

So much for the initial battle plan, I suppose? (Not that the obyrith being indeed the only foe around doesn't change the equation.)

22. - Top - End - #262

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    Roll initiative (except for Delja)!
    Did you mean except for Myriad?
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-10-31 at 04:49 AM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Unlikely. Myriad will need hers, eventually and I already rolled Delja's (I rolled a 1!).

24. - Top - End - #264

Aaaaah! Derp. lol

25. - Top - End - #265

Initiative (1d20+8)[22]

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative: (1d20-4)[-1]

And yeah, Ux is going to eat all of that. Except Ereshki, which has a much higher Sense Motive modifier, might not :D

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

And UMD check: (1d20+19)[37], failure on a natural 1.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Dwarf in the Playground

By the way I forgot to mention in that post IC because I'm a dummy.

I highlighted a light blue region in the combat map. Please rearrange your characters (and followers) to be where you want them to be in said region.

Before we jump into combat.

The assumption is there's been plenty of time for the party to position correctly. So preemptive actions in concordance are fine.

If you have a cute way to attack without line of sight and any visual or audible signature (attached to the action and not the outcome of the attack), I will also rule that this happens during a surprise round.

Let me know when you're done setting up.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-10-31 at 07:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, okay then.

I'll finally get to try out that wand of Enlarge Animal.

Heads up too: I'll be starting a new job tomorrow, and I'm not quite sure of how that will impact my posting rate.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

Another Use Magic Device check for the wand of Animal Growth:

(1d20+19)[22]