New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (2022)

2022 is the year of the Hedgehog, folks. Sonic Sweep.

Spoiler: The coolest part is when...
    Show
    Sonic goes Super Sonic and pops open the top of Robotnik's giant robot as if he was a can opener.
    We are FREE of
    BEER! As in, we don't have any beer.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

And now the first movie's first trailer's model is making a return in Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, except even uglier.

Spoiler: He will haunt your nightmares.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    And now the first movie's first trailer's model is making a return in Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers, except even uglier.

Spoiler: He will haunt your nightmares.
    Show
    Kill it with fire 3 times and then ensure that it doesn't have continues. God help us if it were farming lives on 1-2
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    Another excellent reason not to see Rescue Rangers!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Another excellent reason not to see Rescue Rangers!
    You probably should it's startlingly good. Might just the bar for that kind of thing has gotten way to low but I liked it as much as I have liked the last couple Sonic films quality wise. It has a very Who Framed Roger Rabbit kind of set up that worked fairly well as a self parody of those kinds of modernized reboots.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    You probably should it's startlingly good. Might just the bar for that kind of thing has gotten way to low but I liked it as much as I have liked the last couple Sonic films quality wise. It has a very Who Framed Roger Rabbit kind of set up that worked fairly well as a self parody of those kinds of modernized reboots.
    I'm currently 20 minutes in - it's okay-ish, but I'd rather they rebooted it like Duck Tales, tbh.

Edit: Finished it, got to retract the "-ish".
    Last edited by Whoracle; 2022-05-20 at 05:52 PM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

As someone whose favorite character since the 90s was Knuckles I loved every minute of screen time.

This movie just made me incredibly happy.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuo View Post
    This movie just made me incredibly happy.
    Very much this. Just saw it yesterday myself, and the whole time I'm just grinning with how much fun the whole thing was. For a movie series I thought was gonna be DOA, I'm greatly looking forward to the 3rd one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Recently binged the first two, and the drone short.

watching at home, I actively avoided the cringy human parts and focused on the core cast, who they handled well.

I had the general pegged as GUN from the first movie, based on "That totally looks like that GUN general from the Shadow game." great casting.

Eggman's Mean Bean machines. Blink and you miss it.

They do have a GUN agent with a personal connection with the sonic cast now, so hopefully there will be missions going to the heroes, and not just spying.

In the drone short, they introduce a new character, an independantly thinking, self aware egg drone that tails takes in. (and knuckles doesnt like). I suspect that this character will be the basis for both the E102 Gamma and Omega analogs as the series goes on.

And of course the Shadow preview. Apparently the director wants to handle him as a damaged personality, so even if we dont get an exact retread of the SA2 Maria story, there's some hope for a well done portrayal. (hopefully they can get away with one of the older human characters saying something like "oh please, it's not like that's even the worst thing we did in the 70s")

Given the pieces in play, the only thing missing for a proper Team Dark is needing Agent Brother in Law to recruit a certian galaxy traveling treasure hunter.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Recently binged the first two, and the drone short.

watching at home, I actively avoided the cringy human parts and focused on the core cast, who they handled well.

I had the general pegged as GUN from the first movie, based on "That totally looks like that GUN general from the Shadow game." great casting.

They do have a GUN agent with a personal connection with the sonic cast now, so hopefully there will be missions going to the heroes, and not just spying.

In the drone short, they introduce a new character, an independantly thinking, self aware egg drone that tails takes in. (and knuckles doesnt like). I suspect that this character will be the basis for both the E102 Gamma and Omega analogs as the series goes on.

And of course the Shadow preview. Apparently the director wants to handle him as a damaged personality, so even if we dont get an exact retread of the SA2 Maria story, there's some hope for a well done portrayal. (hopefully they can get away with one of the older human characters saying something like "oh please, it's not like that's even the worst thing we did in the 70s")

Given the pieces in play, the only thing missing for a proper Team Dark is needing Agent Brother in Law to recruit a certian galaxy traveling treasure hunter.
    I hope when they get to Rogue it turns out she's been here for like, twenty years and is the only real reason GUN knows about all this alien ****, and she's still just casually a nominal member of the CIA who works purely for jewels. A vital part of Rogue's character is that she has a day job working with actual humans and it goes completely unremarked upon.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    I recently lost like four hours of my life at Momocon because they had an old Sega Genesis with this game in it. Mean does not begin to describe that game.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Firbolg in the Playground

At least the human parts in 2 have a really fun payoff.
    "Won't someone explain to me what's going on?"
    Gun General: "Okay" exposition here
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

I watched both Sonic films a couple weeks ago.

Am I the only one who actually thought the first one was better? Sonic 2 wasn't too bad, except they ruined my favorite character, Knuckles. He was a badass, but the voice.... I like Idris Elba, but I'm sorry that's NOT the right voice for Knuckles. Also the overall plot wasn't as good. Sonic 1 had a real story arc; Sonic 2 was mostly generic action movie. Or maybe I just liked James Marsden's character better as Sonic's best friend than as Sonic's dad?

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I hope when they get to Rogue it turns out she's been here for like, twenty years and is the only real reason GUN knows about all this alien ****, and she's still just casually a nominal member of the CIA who works purely for jewels. A vital part of Rogue's character is that she has a day job working with actual humans and it goes completely unremarked upon.
    This is legitimately the first time I've seen Rouge mispelled as Rogue rather than the other way around. Bravo!
    "Nothing you can't spell will ever work." - Will Rogers

Watch me draw and swear at video games.