A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Let Me Explain For The Next Thirty Comics!

I count 7 mooks, super strength guy dragging down the wall, and BBEG flying.
    Point one: these guys have to be serious to be in the building without setting off alarms. There's got to be sensors on the exterior grounds, including things to pick up fliers. One does not simply walk into Arc HQ.
    Point one point five: That means someone tech savvy, either the BBEG himself, or an off-screen minion. Presumably mooks are mooks and super-strength guy is not there for his hacking abilities, but Dave might throw an anti-trope curveball at us.
    Point two: I do not put it past Deus, at all, to do something he know will draw powerful forces from ArcSwat, arrange for Darude to attack to tie down the ArcSwat team in Africa, and then attack Arc HQ in order to seize information (like their database of known supers, which he can then try to recruit).
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    I count 7 mooks, super strength guy dragging down the wall, and BBEG flying.
    Point one: these guys have to be serious to be in the building without setting off alarms. There's got to be sensors on the exterior grounds, including things to pick up fliers. One does not simply walk into Arc HQ.
    Point one point five: That means someone tech savvy, either the BBEG himself, or an off-screen minion. Presumably mooks are mooks and super-strength guy is not there for his hacking abilities, but Dave might throw an anti-trope curveball at us.
    Point two: I do not put it past Deus, at all, to do something he know will draw powerful forces from ArcSwat, arrange for Darude to attack to tie down the ArcSwat team in Africa, and then attack Arc HQ in order to seize information (like their database of known supers, which he can then try to recruit).
    I agree it's entirely possible, and that he has no qualms about doing it if needed, I just don't know that Deus would actually need anything from Arc he couldn't just get easier then this. Frankly, he is ahead of the curve right now.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

Good point on whats left of Archon not being harmless. There are some very heavy hitters remaining.
    And covering a fairly wide spread of powers to. You need different tools to take down Math and Hiro. But both will wreck your ground team if not stopped.
    That does add support for the smash&grab suggestion.

Counter Point 2.
    I think Deus could get the needed info a lot easier if he wanted to. Looking at how easy he broke into the artifact vault.
    I also think he dont need that info, seemingly being able to make supers? or at least hire aliens.
    Lastly as already mentioned i do think he knows more this than Archon.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Oh, I'm not insisting on it must be Deus, just pointing out the timing is pretty darn coincidental if he isn't involved. Of course, this enemy may very well have their own intelligence capabilities and learned Our Lady Of Incineration was out of town. And that they are arriving at night suggests that they don't think they can take Hiro + Math + the rest. They don't intend to stay long.

The mask on super-strong guy does remind me of the worthless used pieces of toilet paper that tortured Concretia and intended to murder Halo. In which case I hope Concretia puts in an appearance and opens a large can of whooping. It may be coincidence, though - how many evil organization masks can Dave draw? Also, BBEG has a cape, while super strong guy lacks a shirt - neither is consistent with the Concertia torture team dress code.

I want to see Math against super strong guy. Boot to the head!
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah the timing is certainly to good to be true.
    But you dont need to be a super genius like Deus to arrange something like that.
    (my counter argument for Deus's involvement. To crude)

That Max has a official diplomatic visit to Galten is close to impossible to cover up.
    To many officials involved. And they likely need flight permissions and stuff.

It then dont take a genius to hit Galten with Max's nemesis.
    While hitting Archon with a subtle strike force.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #306
    Troll in the Playground

If Deus had absolutely anything to do with this attack, it is more likely to be something indirect maybe even with subduing the attackers as one of the goals - basically nudging them with some fragmentary intel to do something stupid. Or as with Sciona in the vault, he will use the chaos to get something out of ARCHON headquarters discretely.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    If Deus had absolutely anything to do with this attack, it is more likely to be something indirect maybe even with subduing the attackers as one of the goals - basically nudging them with some fragmentary intel to do something stupid. Or as with Sciona in the vault, he will use the chaos to get something out of ARCHON headquarters discretely.
    Provided he keeps himself in the clear just joining himself and ARC against a common foe could be enough, since it gets him closer to his most important and dangerous goal. The top of the list, priority SSS+ must do or it all will be for naught objective, dating Maxima.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Provided he keeps himself in the clear just joining himself and ARC against a common foe could be enough, since it gets him closer to his most important and dangerous goal. The top of the list, priority SSS+ must do or it all will be for naught objective, dating Maxima.
    Theme song for Deus?
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

One of the issues for deus being behind this is, he is already elbow deep in archon by virtue of being one of its biggest backers and suppliers of random stuff. Not even counting dating double, maybe triple, agent harem. Or whatever the amusing euphemism was he used, consensual hanging out? Point being, there is likely very little he could get out of this, aside from maybe a forced conscription of someone, or maybe a setup of some sort where these dudes are patsies sent to lure specific people to a specific area for a specific purpose.

As a random example, My name is Dirk, im leader of the Manhattan Murder Hobos. The penultimate gang in NYC. My only rivals are the Harlem Borough Trotters who dare to oppose me. I cant just go for outright warfare, the losses would add up and the cops would respond. So instead I used my dastardly plotting skills to fake an assault on a police precinct, left evidence the Trotters were behind it, then let the cops raid my rivals headquarters. Then I moved in to mop up whoever was left.

Long winded way of saying this could be a semi complicated plot to aim archon at his enemies so he can profit. Get max halo dabbler and anvil away from base so a raid is lower risk, have it attacked, goons get away with some sort of valuable thing, either servers or something locked in an archon vault, leaving behind enough evidence to "prove" it was Tres ex Anima inc that was behind it, then revel in the corporate bloodbath as he rolls up the company into his own after significant portions end up in jail or dead.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."