A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Let Me Explain For The Next Thirty Comics!

Keeping his mask on is weird. If the suit can't stand a punch, neither can the mask, right? If the suit can ignite, can't the mask ignite? Literally setting hair on fire?

And also, the pants. Why will his pants survive Max, but not his shirt?

Author comment suggests he is trying maybe to seduce Maxima. He doesn't realize that he's only about an 8 on the 1-10 Hiro scale.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

They are a secret group of bad guys, they dont have a pr team. At least not a standard one. If the official government super agency comes out talking about the latest bad guys captured and names them suck hole and periwinkle butt sniffer, i really dont think there is much that will reverse the image damage they will take. And yeah, I actually thought the mask helmet thing looked decent with the rest. Remove his top and its very strange.
    You mean the image damage the official super agency will take, when other media roast them for slinging juvenile insults?
    And these guys are mega wealthy. Of course they have a PR team. Even if other people might have called it a television network. Or a newspaper.

Keeping his mask on is weird. If the suit can't stand a punch, neither can the mask, right? If the suit can ignite, can't the mask ignite? Literally setting hair on fire?
    I assume the logic is, if you fail to block a hit towards your head, you got other concerns that your cool mask burning up.
    While a hit that can ignite the mask, likely have an even easier time igniting hair.

And yes the prudent think would actually be to also drop the pants. But i assume its harder to get tear-off pants that look good.
    I also assume they are less of a target in a fight. People usually dont try and shoot you in the leg when they can go for center mass.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post

And also, the pants. Why will his pants survive Max, but not his shirt?

Author comment suggests he is trying maybe to seduce Maxima. He doesn't realize that he's only about an 8 on the 1-10 Hiro scale.
    I think dude just thinks this looks cool, and going all the way down to battle underwear would be kinda weird so he didn't. The mask is for branding. Also not immediately showing his actual face to an agent of the law.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    You mean the image damage the official super agency will take, when other media roast them for slinging juvenile insults?
    And these guys are mega wealthy. Of course they have a PR team. Even if other people might have called it a television network. Or a newspaper.

I assume the logic is, if you fail to block a hit towards your head, you got other concerns that your cool mask burning up.
    While a hit that can ignite the mask, likely have an even easier time igniting hair.

And yes the prudent think would actually be to also drop the pants. But i assume its harder to get tear-off pants that look good.
    I also assume they are less of a target in a fight. People usually dont try and shoot you in the leg when they can go for center mass.
    You seem to think that juvenile doesn't play in our modern media market. I assure you that it plays very well indeed.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

You seem to think that juvenile doesn't play in our modern media market. I assure you that it plays very well indeed.
    Eh perhaps my media market is just more mature then.
    Still dont change its immature and juvenile behavior. That opens up for counter attacks from other media sources.
    And certainly. I cant recall seeing any military person engaging in that kind of behavior.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Eh perhaps my media market is just more mature then.
    Still dont change its immature and juvenile behavior. That opens up for counter attacks from other media sources.
    And certainly. I cant recall seeing any military person engaging in that kind of behavior.
    You probably just don't look for it. Military is famous for their gallows humor and general willingness to be completely irreverent to anything and everything (when not being ceremonial). Its halfway between a coping mechanism and being important enough to get away with it.
    Last edited by Keltest; Today at 05:04 PM. Reason: Being less rude
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

How do you think the suit would stand up to Maxima's weakest beam attack?
    About as well as the rest of him? Unless he's got some serious super thoughness his outfit is his least concern.
    Besides, it's not like the rags are safe. They're right there on the floor. Not wearing his clothes doesn't make them less destructible.
    Maybe Maxima's first move should be a warning shot on the floor. Or some nice, fiery AOE...

And what about the rest of his outfit?
    If he's so worried about his (probably bespoke) costume, shouldn't he fight naked?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")