New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Let Me Explain For The Next Thirty Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    Also, yes a ton of sand is about 22 cubic feet.
    I presume they meant that the sand in a sandstorm is a lot less dense due to being mixed up with a lot of air.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    I presume they meant that the sand in a sandstorm is a lot less dense due to being mixed up with a lot of air.
    Considering I specified sand not in the sandstorm, why do people keep talking about sand in the sandstorm?
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Also, see above about magic user who could help cover her while she captures sand that is part of the sandstorm if needed. It's right there in the comic. Also, yes a ton of sand is about 22 cubic feet.
    As someone already pointed out, the part you quoted talked about sand in a sandstorm. So its very much not going to fit 22 cubic feet.

Considering I specified sand not in the sandstorm, why do people keep talking about sand in the sandstorm?
    Because -you- specifically have been talking about catching the sand Darude is in.

"I think what might happen is she catches the sand he is "inside" of and hopefully with so little to work with within the shield itself he is less dangerous while she moves him around."

You also spoke about industrial sized heaps of sand. Just about the only ones of those are in Darude.
    Certainly if you want to fill even ½ the shield without spending a couple days sweeping the base.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2022-06-26 at 04:23 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #274
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I am missing something here. How is the volume of sand Sydney can capture inside her shield helpful to the fight, is she going to try and carry Darude's sand into orbit one scoop at a time and hope he can't replenish it from the ground?

5. - Top - End - #275
    Colossus in the Playground

I think the point was, she can scoop and move a literal ton of sand per trip out of his presumed range? That would at least marginally speed up his loss of fuel but its like trying to drain a lake with a bucket. Sure a ton SOUNDS like a significant amount, but its really not that much on this scale.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    As someone already pointed out, the part you quoted talked about sand in a sandstorm. So its very much not going to fit 22 cubic feet.

Because -you- specifically have been talking about catching the sand Darude is in.

"I think what might happen is she catches the sand he is "inside" of and hopefully with so little to work with within the shield itself he is less dangerous while she moves him around."

You also spoke about industrial sized heaps of sand. Just about the only ones of those are in Darude.
    Certainly if you want to fill even ½ the shield without spending a couple days sweeping the base.
    See below, bolded my specific responses to you for emphasis. Don't put words in my mouth.

See above. Alternatively I wonder if she could scoop up some industrial sized heap of sand and just start carting the sand he isn't inside away while the shield cuts him off from it. Regardless I think abusing the shields ability to cut off things from the outside on a metaphysical level is likely the trick here.
    Is it? There is all kinds of sand just around on the ground or at the outside. Also, see above about magic user who could help cover her while she captures sand that is part of the sandstorm if needed. It's right there in the comic. Also, yes a ton of sand is about 22 cubic feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I think the point was, she can scoop and move a literal ton of sand per trip out of his presumed range? That would at least marginally speed up his loss of fuel but its like trying to drain a lake with a bucket. Sure a ton SOUNDS like a significant amount, but its really not that much on this scale.
    Considering that's effectively Maxima's plan, to just blast the sand endlessly until there isn't anything left, Sydney with the several tons of sand she could fit into her shield and take away from the fighting could speed the process up greatly.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2022-06-26 at 06:39 PM.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, good. Looks like we're getting no answers in exchange for... this, with a really awkward bit of "oh, good, that's really really creepy and wrong and why are you not getting consent?" in the commentary.. Not a fan here. At all.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

See below, bolded my specific responses to you for emphasis. Don't put words in my mouth.
    Im not putting any words into your mouth. Your doing that yourself just fine.

See above. Alternatively I wonder if she could scoop up some industrial sized heap of sand and just start carting the sand he isn't inside away while the shield cuts him off from it. Regardless I think abusing the shields ability to cut off things from the outside on a metaphysical level is likely the trick here.
    Considering that's effectively Maxima's plan, to just blast the sand endlessly until there isn't anything left, Sydney with the several tons of sand she could fit into her shield and take away from the fighting could speed the process up greatly.
    This alone covers it just fine.

As has repeatedly been pointed out. The sand is in the freaking sandstorm.
    Thats the only place there is sand on a industrial scale. There isnt anywhere else for Sydney to 'just' get several tons of sand.

Though as such, there isnt as such a place in the sandstorm either, its spread out there.
    And to compound the issue, its not like Sydney has any way to pick up sand on a industrial scale anyway.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

As has repeatedly been pointed out. The sand is in the freaking sandstorm.
    Thats the only place there is sand on a industrial scale. There isnt anywhere else for Sydney to 'just' get several tons of sand.
    Ok I guess I still need to repeat myself though. There is sand everywhere, not just in the sandstorm. It is literally right there, in the comic, visually apparent for all to see.

Though as such, there isnt as such a place in the sandstorm either, its spread out there.
    And to compound the issue, its not like Sydney has any way to pick up sand on a industrial scale anyway.
    She has a sizable bubble that can fit several tons of sand inside of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DataNinja View Post
    Oh, good. Looks like we're getting no answers in exchange for... this, with a really awkward bit of "oh, good, that's really really creepy and wrong and why are you not getting consent?" in the commentary.. Not a fan here. At all.
    Yea that commentary took a funny scene of Dabbler convincing some super to use their powers for some fun kinky shenanigans and turned it into something truly gross and heinous.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2022-06-27 at 08:53 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

Yeah at first I was like, "Huh?" Then i read the rest of the commentary and went, "Yeah ok the reaction here makes sense." I mean, just leave it at "Dabbler was fangirling out over the possibilities for fun and sweaty times kronas power grants" and leave out specifics so its more left to the imagination. That would have been a much better option to take. Because yeah we can all see dabbler just drooling over the thought and probably has an encyclopedia of ideas of ways to make things kinky and great. We dont need to get into niche and risky fetishes that should involve two consenting adults with safe words and such setup beforehand.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #281
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

So Dabbler messed with Krona's mind which caused her to mess with Leon's mind, without consent all the way along the line.

*Sigh*.

Can we get back to Halo and Maxima versus Sandman?
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    So Dabbler messed with Krona's mind which caused her to mess with Leon's mind, without consent all the way along the line.

*Sigh*.

Can we get back to Halo and Maxima versus Sandman?
    Nah, dabbler actually didnt do much other than wax eloquent on how awesome for sex kronas powers are. I put full blame on krona for anything she has done. She might have been inspired by dabbler rambling, but the choice was hers. But yeah, id rather see it go back to the important stuff.

*EDIT* Also, this may cause trouble for her long term. She is already under pretty heavy observation due to her reality altering power, and using your ability on an ARCHON employee might end badly if discovered.
    Last edited by Traab; 2022-06-27 at 04:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #283

SamuraiGuy

Especially for purposes of getting sex out of them.

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Oh, it gets worse if you read the Artist Notes.

Dabbler didn't do anything but TALK dirty.

Krona, however? She hacked herself AND Leon, so that if someone's in the mood, they both are!

Like slipping an aphrodisiac into someone's drink if you're in the mood. Only more subtle and undetectable unless you know how to see reality hacks.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

Getting to this a little later, and there's a clarification that the link is one-way- Krona only hacked herself to echo Leon. Maybe a bit weird, maybe just convenient, but it doesn't seem to cross any boundaries that I can think of..?

Granted, I have no idea what the actual point of this is, unless the author's apparent wish to actually be doing erotica, not superheroes, is kicking in again

... yeah, not here for Sex Lives of the Rich and Super, thanks. If it keeps going down this route, my interest is going to fade rapidly.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

16. - Top - End - #286

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Getting to this a little later, and there's a clarification that the link is one-way- Krona only hacked herself to echo Leon. Maybe a bit weird, maybe just convenient, but it doesn't seem to cross any boundaries that I can think of..?

Granted, I have no idea what the actual point of this is, unless the author's apparent wish to actually be doing erotica, not superheroes, is kicking in again

... yeah, not here for Sex Lives of the Rich and Super, thanks. If it keeps going down this route, my interest is going to fade rapidly.
    Ok, if its one way like that, that removes pretty much all the squick. It still feels a little strange, like she feels as if she should always be in the mood when "her man" is. You can chase that rabbit hole down to a fairly dark and misogynistic pathway, but that may be looking into it further than dave thought about it. He may have just gone, "Synchronized horny! Thats awesome!" And left it at that. But yeah, while I dont mind seeing comics that explore the personal lives of the characters a bit, not in the middle of a fricking super battle dave!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Getting to this a little later, and there's a clarification that the link is one-way- Krona only hacked herself to echo Leon.
    I believe his clarification is thus:

It's one way so that if Leon's in the mood, she is, and if she's in the mood, Leon is.

But it's not TWO way as that would cause a feedback loop until they're both so horny they'll do it in public.

So, yeah, Krona gets in the mood, Leon doesn't get that '... but my MMORPG', he gets 'Let's go'
    And when Leon's in the mood, Krona isn't so much 'not tonight, dear, I got a headache'

But yeah, I'm reading this as a: "Okay, the original idea I had for Sydney's Darude solution wasn't as good as I thought it was and way too fridge logic, so here's ... horny filler."
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2022-06-28 at 07:41 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Maybe a little filler, but my read on this is that Sydney's solution to Darude requires Krona's abilities in some fashion and this is right before Sydney interrupts their imminent fun.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Maybe a little filler, but my read on this is that Sydney's solution to Darude requires Krona's abilities in some fashion and this is right before Sydney interrupts their imminent fun.
    Could be, her powers are even more hax then Sydney's. I was expecting a funny background event with Arianna back there myself.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    This is where I was reading it too. Its late for them, theyre doing Significant Other Private Things during their downtime, then Sydney shows a mastery of comedic timing.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #291

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    This is where I was reading it too. Its late for them, theyre doing Significant Other Private Things during their downtime, then Sydney shows a mastery of comedic timing.
    Dave did talk about the transit time from Mozambique to ArcSwat, and we do know Halo had to tone it down to keep her max speed classified.
    Maybe it's time to reveal her max speed and head to ArcSwat (suborbital ballistic trajectory to avoid sonic booms?) and collect Krona at the comedically appropriate moment of maximum frustration.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Ok, if its one way like that, that removes pretty much all the squick. It still feels a little strange, like she feels as if she should always be in the mood when "her man" is.
    It is certainly not a mind-r*** anymore, but still nonconsented mind-reading. She reads leons thoughts and echoes them.
    I mean, so does Dabbler (sensing horniness), but the Succubus can't turn off her nutrition.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    It is certainly not a mind-r*** anymore, but still nonconsented mind-reading. She reads leons thoughts and echoes them.
    I mean, so does Dabbler (sensing horniness), but the Succubus can't turn off her nutrition.
    That's a stretch, just because Dabbler can see and understand things outside the norm of our senses doesn't make what she does a violation any more then me seeing a person smile without meaning too is unconsensually reading their mind. Sure just about everything else about the situation is ****ed and I blame Dabbler from the ground up, but this part is in the clear.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. yeah its more reading emotions than thoughs.
    And not even conciously reading them. As she isnt aware of the source, just that she is in the mood for some quality time.

New Comic.

Alright i confess this twist really hooked me.
    So all this was actually a distraction?

Max is tied up fighting an opponent who can stall her for hours.
    While someone else raids Archon for god knows what?
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2022-06-30 at 05:39 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

At first I was amused by the big red button and rappelling people, but it makes sense in hindsight. If my house loses service its an annoyance. If a government building full of lord knows what sort of important info and people is suddenly cut off from the world, that can be a sign of imminent invasion. Leon had BETTER jump on the alarm button for that. Better there be a dozen false alarms than he delay the alert for 5 seconds when there could be or are incoming. Also, at first I thought those were super IT people coming in. Look, I just woke up and im tired. But yeah, magic yourself up some pants krona, you are probably going to need them shortly. Glad we got a reality warper literally in the server room, could come in handy till the rest of archon gets ready to respond.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

At first I was amused by the big red button and rappelling people, but it makes sense in hindsight. If my house loses service its an annoyance. If a government building full of lord knows what sort of important info and people is suddenly cut off from the world, that can be a sign of imminent invasion. Leon had BETTER jump on the alarm button for that. Better there be a dozen false alarms than he delay the alert for 5 seconds when there could be or are incoming. Also, at first I thought those were super IT people coming in. Look, I just woke up and im tired. But yeah, magic yourself up some pants krona, you are probably going to need them shortly. Glad we got a reality warper literally in the server room, could come in handy till the rest of archon gets ready to respond.
    Its not just the internet connections. They are jamming all (external and internal) wireless comms too. Leon probably knows the redundancies and concludes enemy action is a highly probable cause for this.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

I do not think we have seen that flaming head guy ever before. I wonder if he might be connected to the group that abducted Concretia and Sydney. They were clearly organized pretty well and had some serious beef with ARCHON. Whoever it is, I think the timing is not a coincidence - I assume they did wait until most of the top-tier supers are busy elsewhere. Still, unless the head honcho is super-powerful, this attack cannot end well for the intruders. At most they could attempt a quick smash and grab operation or maybe they hope to get a lot of civilian hostages before supers retaliate.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

Good point on the most likely suspects.
    It does have to be a fairly major organisation to pull something like this off.
    And its to crude for Deus i think.

As for what they want? Yeah i think smash&grab sounds likely.
    Archon should have all manner of priceless things at their HQ.
    Gear, secrets, supers.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground

Interesting page, things are heating up in more ways then one. Zulu Zulu Zulu is a Honor Harrington reference btw. At least that's where I know it from, I don't know if it was itself a reference to some other story or something.

30. - Top - End - #300

Its also a good explanation for why leon is always in that room outside of parties or whatever. They need someone right there to react to being cutoff like they are. Now, all that being said, while yes, a lot of their heavy hitters are gone, max, sydney, dabbler, and anvil, they still have hiro, harem, math, and possibly the recent grads. Along with achilles, who is a great delay tactic with legs, amorphus and heatwave. So the ambushers better move quick because they have maybe a minute and a half before an organized response is setup and in action. Oh yeah, and whoever else is on grounds with powers from spellcasters to arclight/dark/aegis.