New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Grrl Power VII: Let Me Explain For The Next Thirty Comics!

Either way, someone is definitely paying for this - the supers might be mercs, but the goons are all wearing matching armor suits and helmets. If all their outfits come from one place, thats at least circumstantial evidence that they came from the same place.

If grenade goon hadn't talked, I would be assuming it was Sciona using her golems again. She's still pretty high on my list anyways, with a grudge against Archon and the resources of the apparently well known Mexican supervillain she possessed. If that includes cartel ties, it would mean money and soldiers.
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2022-07-07 at 11:25 PM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Either way, someone is definitely paying for this - the supers might be mercs, but the goons are all wearing matching armor suits and helmets. If all their outfits come from one place, thats at least circumstantial evidence that they came from the same place.

If grenade goon hadn't talked, I would be assuming it was Sciona using her golems again. She's still pretty high on my list anyways, with a grudge against Archon and the resources of the apparently well known Mexican supervillain she possessed. If that includes cartel ties, it would mean money and soldiers.
    And Sciona being behind this would explain the attempt to kill off Archon staff to be honest.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

And Sciona being behind this would explain the attempt to kill off Archon staff to be honest.
    So far it has not seen like an attempt to kill Archon staff.
    More like that one of the hired Supers has sufficiently low care for human life, that witnesses just gets burned by default.

But i dont think its Sciona thats involved.
    It seem a little to swiftly for her to build this amount of resources.
    And also a needless risk, when she is in a position to build a solid power base in a rather lawless place.

I do think prime suspect is whatever jerk held cementia captive.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    I don't think that's particularly likely, since he's dead and his organization was wiped out. Though you never know with supers.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

It in turn sounds unlikely that the guy Cora exploded was the brain behind the organisation.
    I certainly cant see a reason for why whoever had Cementia captive would go him/her self instead of sending a disposeable minion.

We have also not been told anything about the organisation getting wiped out.
    Only that Cora managed to nerve tap a couple of low level flunkies.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Colossus in the Playground

So far it has not seen like an attempt to kill Archon staff.
    More like that one of the hired Supers has sufficiently low care for human life, that witnesses just gets burned by default.

But i dont think its Sciona thats involved.
    It seem a little to swiftly for her to build this amount of resources.
    And also a needless risk, when she is in a position to build a solid power base in a rather lawless place.

Hasnt it been a couple months since sciona events took place? The whole time shenanigans thing left me a bit confused on the timeline.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

It in turn sounds unlikely that the guy Cora exploded was the brain behind the organisation.
    I certainly cant see a reason for why whoever had Cementia captive would go him/her self instead of sending a disposeable minion.
    He may not have any disposable minions, or at least none he could trust with this job. Or perhaps he's just a hands-on guy, and wants to be involved personally. And I think you are erring by analyzing the situation with its outcome in mind; as far as he knew, going in person to oversee Sydney's capture was not a risky situation, since he could remain out of sight until Concretia neutralized the orbs. He had no way of knowing that Sydney's glasses were a cell phone.

We have also not been told anything about the organisation getting wiped out.
    Only that Cora managed to nerve tap a couple of low level flunkies.
    Well, if we assume that the guy Cora murdered was the head of the organization, it seems likely that yacht was his base of operations and the whole organization got taken out when it was raided. On the other hand, if we assume the guy was just a mid-level flunky, then there probably was more to the group than that one unit. Time will tell which assumption is correct, I suppose.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Hasnt it been a couple months since sciona events took place? The whole time shenanigans thing left me a bit confused on the timeline.
    It has, not nearly long enough.

He may not have any disposable minions, or at least none he could trust with this job. Or perhaps he's just a hands-on guy, and wants to be involved personally. And I think you are erring by analyzing the situation with its outcome in mind; as far as he knew, going in person to oversee Sydney's capture was not a risky situation, since he could remain out of sight until Concretia neutralized the orbs. He had no way of knowing that Sydney's glasses were a cell phone.
    Im not analyzing anything. Im telling my original reading of the comic.
    The goon Cora exploded absolutely didnt seem like he had the degree of competence to pull something like this off.
    He wasnt treated like the master mind by the other hooded minions.

And Cora herself seemed to think they were just low rank, when she commented on them running back to consult their handler.
    At no point did she assume she had shot their handler.

Also i dont know. capturing and interogating a heroine?
    Sounds about as risky as tasks get. So many things can go wrong. From a friend showing up.
    To Sydney having a secret move they wasnt prepared for. And then eat tank beam.

Well, if we assume that the guy Cora murdered was the head of the organization, it seems likely that yacht was his base of operations and the whole organization got taken out when it was raided. On the other hand, if we assume the guy was just a mid-level flunky, then there probably was more to the group than that one unit. Time will tell which assumption is correct, I suppose.
    I think they had access to too many things, and to big a scope, to be limited to a single yacht

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

Im not analyzing anything. Im telling my original reading of the comic.
    The goon Cora exploded absolutely didnt seem like he had the degree of competence to pull something like this off.
    He wasnt treated like the master mind by the other hooded minions.

And Cora herself seemed to think they were just low rank, when she commented on them running back to consult their handler.
    At no point did she assume she had shot their handler.

Also i dont know. capturing and interogating a heroine?
    Sounds about as risky as tasks get. So many things can go wrong. From a friend showing up.
    To Sydney having a secret move they wasnt prepared for. And then eat tank beam.

I think they had access to too many things, and to big a scope, to be limited to a single yacht
    These are all good points, and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about the organization having been wiped out. I will say that, if the organization was intended to be a recurring thing, it's a bit odd that there wasn't any sort of name or logo or other identifying symbol given when they were first introduced, but then again perhaps they weren't intended to be a recurring threat at that time.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleBison View Post
    These are all good points, and it's entirely possible that I'm wrong about the organization having been wiped out. I will say that, if the organization was intended to be a recurring thing, it's a bit odd that there wasn't any sort of name or logo or other identifying symbol given when they were first introduced, but then again perhaps they weren't intended to be a recurring threat at that time.
    Or finding out what kind of organization is behind this will be part of the plot. Also, why would a secret organization have any kind of logo or anything else that would help outsiders in identifying its members?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

Well. if i was leading a huge, international organisation using enslaver/bribed supers.
    Then i would give each expendable little cell its own name. To make it harder for heroes to spot they were dealing with a huge organisation.

In this specific case, i assume it was simply a teaser, or whatever the term is.
    Reveal a little bit of the organisation. And what it does. Then move the plot on.

So its more established in the world that these guys exist, when they for example attack Archon HQ.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground

And to compound the issue, its not like Sydney has any way to pick up sand on a industrial scale anyway.
    She's reaching for the flyball. Aetherium gateway. Space. Vacuum.

Preferably it'll be above the blasted ruin of the alien homeworld, rather than Junction.
    Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    ---------------------
    Current occupation: Considering drawing a better Psionic Flame avatar.
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------
    Join Dropbox! It's free! And useful!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Oh yeah was that the gateway one?
    Though.. no that still dont move sand on a industrial scale.
    At least not unless she can make the gateway quite a bit bigger than what we have seen previously.

I think perhaps people are failing to comprehend, just how BIG Darude is.
    https://www.grrlpowercomic.com/archi...asifat-ramlia/

Thats a mountain range he is climbing over.

14. - Top - End - #344

Oh yeah was that the gateway one?
    Though.. no that still dont move sand on a industrial scale.
    At least not unless she can make the gateway quite a bit bigger than what we have seen previously.

I think perhaps people are failing to comprehend, just how BIG Darude is.
    https://www.grrlpowercomic.com/archi...asifat-ramlia/

Thats a mountain range he is climbing over.
    Well the only other stupid thing I could see her try to pull off, is a tornado. She can fly at what, Mach 16 now? And she doesn't get dizzy. Embiggen the shield, and fly a circular pattern around the area at hypersonic speed, try to create a whirlwind and suck up all the sand around the area into one place. It would fit her cartoonish MO. But I don't know if that's the kind of stupid she is shooting for, here.

I would have personally gone for trying to remove sand from the area rather than gather it all up. But yeah, I guess the causeway would have to be a lot bigger to have a noticeable effect.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    Skills: Competent Modder, Proficient Programmer, Accomplished RTD Game Master, Adequate Artist, Dabbling Writer
    ---------------------

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, at the moment Darude is about the size of a geological feature.
    Its kinda hard to imagine what would affect him that didnt involve author fiat.

Well perhaps except something silly like flying Parfait up into the middle of the sandstorm, then give her dress a good yank at the top.

16. - Top - End - #346

Oh dear god, im getting kung fu hustle vibes from this poor merc. He is going to be taking an inordinate number of debilitating and painful injuries that never quite put him down for good as comic relief isnt he? Now he just needs another 5 throwing knives and a crate of venomous snakes to hit him.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Titan in the Playground

Alright im in turn extremely disapointed with Magma face, and the general quality of mooks here.
    If he is defeated by a fire extinguisher. Then all signs point to a guy with an assult rifle being a bigger danger.

18. - Top - End - #348

Alright im in turn extremely disapointed with Magma face, and the general quality of mooks here.
    If he is defeated by a fire extinguisher. Then all signs point to a guy with an assult rifle being a bigger danger.
    To be fair, there's more than just the fire extinguisher in play here. Varia could have probably done the same thing with a baton or any other blunt object, the extinguisher just lets her avoid burns or losing any more hair than strictly necessary.
    ---------------------
    ---------------------
    ---------------------

19. - Top - End - #349
    Titan in the Playground

Thats not really improving things are it?
    At least a baton is a weapon. This still kinda shows a guy with an assult rifle would have been a bigger issue.
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2022-07-14 at 06:39 AM.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

I'd say it is a case of "I have the POWER!" vs "I have military training". Magma face clearly has no combat training whatsoever and uses his powers ineffectively. Sure, he dodged a knife but has turned away from the enemy and took a moment to look at the wounded mook instead of engaging said enemy. no professional would do that.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

This is a sad showing from OPFOR. I hope this is just wave one coming in and we get to see some some more interesting fights.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

I'd rather get back to the more interesting fight that we interrupted for this scene.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I'd rather get back to the more interesting fight that we interrupted for this scene.
    On the one hand yes, on the other hand the timing is too coincidental for this to not be coordinated.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

24. - Top - End - #354
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Pyro guy will make an interesting prisoner. I wonder if the strong guy is smarter.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    On the one hand yes, on the other hand the timing is too coincidental for this to not be coordinated.
    Not necessarily. A third party with access to some kind of super-surveillance ability or a psychic or something similar could easily keep tabs on both Archon HQ and Deus' HQ. Such a person would recognize that at present ArcSwat's heavy hitters are very much occupied and now is an excellent opportunity to send in the strike team according to the plan they've had in place for weeks or even months.

I mean, this is pretty normal in a superhero universe with a Superman-Expy like Maxima. Every villainous megalomaniac has a 'list of plans to be enacted ASAP' and also a 'list of plans to be enacted only when Superman is busy/off-planet/mentally disabled.' And if you're a talented supervillain you have forces on standby to take advantage of whenever a 'no superman' window appears.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Not necessarily. A third party with access to some kind of super-surveillance ability or a psychic or something similar could easily keep tabs on both Archon HQ and Deus' HQ. Such a person would recognize that at present ArcSwat's heavy hitters are very much occupied and now is an excellent opportunity to send in the strike team according to the plan they've had in place for weeks or even months.
    You dont even need anything this complex to find out. A bugged phone on a minor official, complaining about all the additional work the trip of this Archon bigwig is creating.
    Or a hacked database at whatever place does flight plans, registering one from Archon HQ to Galten. Finding this out is easy even with normal methods.

And yeah. Once this is registered its easy to trigger plan Smash&Grab.

27. - Top - End - #357

Am I the only one who thinks the color choice of the previous comic is interesting? Last three panels arianna's skirt has the color tint from the fire making it look more like its see through. Reminded me a bit of that Star Power web comic where our MC in her super suit often looked like she was naked over her naughty bits due to the color scheme of the outfit.

28. - Top - End - #358

And now Varia is naked Maxima.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I think Hiro is about to open a largish can of whoop-mook.

It looks like that was a taser fired at Hiro that stuck in the door. And they were using knockout gas? Are they trying to take the Supers as prisoners, while killing the ordinary mortals like Arianna?
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

30. - Top - End - #360

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    I think Hiro is about to open a largish can of whoop-mook.

It looks like that was a taser fired at Hiro that stuck in the door. And they were using knockout gas? Are they trying to take the Supers as prisoners, while killing the ordinary mortals like Arianna?
    If I had to guess, going by author note, the initial plan was to shut down power, sneak in, drug everyone in their room, then do what they came to do. Unfortunately, our resident IT guy was on the ball and able to set off the alarm at which point the orders probably went "no witnesses". Had the drugs worked they wouldnt have any info to work with. Same probably for the tazers. They havent had the chance to break out the lethal ordinance yet.