New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Sea of Stars - IC III

Sea of Stars
    +++Episode 8 - Continued+++

OOC Thread

"Full of brilliant observations," Etula deadpanned. "Yes, I'd love for the rumourmongering to stop."

Then she frowned, eyeing Macharius suspiciously. "More to you than meets the eye though, I wager. They've been indiscriminate, whoever it is. Now they could be doing that to throw off suspicion, but if suspicion's the goal, that wouldn't make sense. It also wouldn't make sense if eliminating political opponents is the goal. As many of them have been Uncle's allies as not. It's probably not politics, which makes my position a lot more complicated, now doesn't it?"

Etula sighed, and slowly started pacing. "All right, fine. Now I'm frakking intrigued, you interfering bastards. If not politics, what could they want? The targets are seemingly random, the only constant is that they don't hit the palace, where security is much tighter. The only person I've seen that's been even close to as paranoid about security as Uncle is our dear hostess this evening. The guards are one thing, the security systems she's put into this place must have cost a fortune or two. She's always been a bit funny about dying though, she's put it off about as long as she can with rejuvenats, so it's on brand. Bad location for the ancestral estate to sit, right now."

Suddenly, she stopped walking. "What if it's access? The palace is out on the end of that huge bridge, at the top of a rock spire. Sure, there's elevators, and smaller bridges, but everything's watched constantly. There's no way to approach without being seen unless you can fly. The Stalker's got wings, we've all been assuming they can fly, but nobody has heard anything as loud as a jump pack, grav generators are too big.. maybe they're for gliding."

Spoiler: Anika Only
    Show
    The Kindjal heiress promised to pass on Anika's regards, and moved away through the crowd. Left to her own devices for the moment, Anika had time to look around at the artwork. There were a lot of portraits, mostly of women. The Kindjals through the ages didn't seem to possess a strong family resemblance, but there were things here and there that certainly reminded her of Hannabel. It could have just been because she was looking for it, of course. Hannabel had claimed no relations, which would be unusual if she didn't expect there to be something, right? Anika came away from the experience with an appreciation for the skill of the Kindjal's chosen portrait artists, but no concrete evidence of anything.

Spoiler: Ravia Only
    Show
    The gold standard for human augmentation was, of course, the Astartes, but without access to the process that made them, and starting with the sad lot of criminals she'd had pulled from Scintilla's prisons, she wasn't likely to get close to that. Not yet. They'd been treated poorly enough in prison that the general health level wasn't good, but Ravia was able to pick out a few of the more robust specimens with ease, and to assign the rest of her test subjects an enhanced nutrition regimen that would at least see them restored to regular levels of functionality before too long.

The simplest enhancements would be the addition of some vat muscle. The medicae decks were equipped to produce that as medical replacements, given enough base materials. Growing a sufficient quantity would, of course, take time. In the meantime, she knew of a number of interesting substances which could enhance combat performance. Perhaps a modification of the Lostok Augmentation Process? Easy enough to do, and it removed the need to source or build injector implants. Could she perhaps stimulate bone growth? The main material required was calcium, plenty of that to be had. Or... no, best to stay simple, for now.

((OOC: Pick one to start with. Bone density, combat drug glands, or vat muscle))
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2022-04-12 at 09:05 AM.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC III

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    "Full of brilliant observations," Etula deadpanned.
    'Don't get me started.' Anika replies still grinning. 'For instance, I would say that it would be better for everyone if the Stalker turned out to be human, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility that it isn't. The Ordos don't seem to be involved with the investigation yet but it would explain a lot.'

Etula sighed, and slowly started pacing. "All right, fine. Now I'm frakking intrigued, you interfering bastards. If not politics, what could they want? The targets are seemingly random, the only constant is that they don't hit the palace, where security is much tighter. The only person I've seen that's been even close to as paranoid about security as Uncle is our dear hostess this evening. The guards are one thing, the security systems she's put into this place must have cost a fortune or two. She's always been a bit funny about dying though, she's put it off about as long as she can with rejuvenats, so it's on brand. Bad location for the ancestral estate to sit, right now."
    'About our hostess. Have you met her? It's not a name I remember from my childhood. I might as well be honest in admitting that we came here tonight to speak to you as much as for the party.'

Suddenly, she stopped walking. "What if it's access? The palace is out on the end of that huge bridge, at the top of a rock spire. Sure, there's elevators, and smaller bridges, but everything's watched constantly. There's no way to approach without being seen unless you can fly. The Stalker's got wings, we've all been assuming they can fly, but nobody has heard anything as loud as a jump pack, grav generators are too big.. maybe they're for gliding."
    Anika takes that on board, 'Seems an easy way to fall to your death if you don't know what you're doing. There used to be a trend for bored highborn children to visit the lower levels of the Hive to amuse themselves. What are the chances that someone's been throwing themselves off the Spire in the same spirit?'

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    'Don't get me started.' Anika replies still grinning. 'For instance, I would say that it would be better for everyone if the Stalker turned out to be human, but I'm not going to rule out the possibility that it isn't. The Ordos don't seem to be involved with the investigation yet but it would explain a lot.'
    "Always been partial to Occam's Razor," Etula said. "Simplest is best. Is there any reason to suspect the Stalker isn't human? Until there is, assume it's not."

'About our hostess. Have you met her? It's not a name I remember from my childhood. I might as well be honest in admitting that we came here tonight to speak to you as much as for the party.'
    "I've met Lady Kindjal once or twice, but I don't know her well. She's been around forever."

Anika takes that on board, 'Seems an easy way to fall to your death if you don't know what you're doing. There used to be a trend for bored highborn children to visit the lower levels of the Hive to amuse themselves. What are the chances that someone's been throwing themselves off the Spire in the same spirit?'
    "Stalker seems to know what they're doing. Bored highborn children have taken up trying to hunt them, with limited success, so idiots finding inventive ways to get themselves killed is still a thing."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro
    Show

++Not point having this fail due to structural weakness, we need a solid foundation to build from++

Bone density enhancements ahoy

Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika waves away the Occam's Razor comment, 'You're probably right, but it couldn't hurt to be prepared.'

On Lady Kindjal, 'Then you've spent more time around her then I have. I've heard that she's a bit of a recluse these days. How did she strike you as a person? Someone who has been around that long might be interesting to talk to.'

For the rest, 'I suppose we could talk to those sort of people at some point, but I don't expect them to manage any better then the commissariat has. Where do the young highborn hang out these days?'

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sea of Stars
    +++Episode 8 - Continued+++

OOC Thread

"Full of brilliant observations," Etula deadpanned. "Yes, I'd love for the rumourmongering to stop."

Then she frowned, eyeing Macharius suspiciously. "More to you than meets the eye though, I wager. They've been indiscriminate, whoever it is. Now they could be doing that to throw off suspicion, but if suspicion's the goal, that wouldn't make sense. It also wouldn't make sense if eliminating political opponents is the goal. As many of them have been Uncle's allies as not. It's probably not politics, which makes my position a lot more complicated, now doesn't it?"

Macharius grins roguishly. More than a foppish dilettante mostly concerned with showing off to other fops, you mean? Perhaps I haven't survived the Expanse purely based on luck, hoho!

He continues talking in that same bright tone, smiling widely, looking for all the world like he's merely spinning idle tales or engaging in polite flirting, though keeping his voice low enough to be just indistinct out of their little group. Not random, I don't think. The Stalker has been getting better over time. Quicker, cleaner, more surgical. Without the blood and gore you'd expect if this was a pleasure killer. What if they're looking for something? I agree that they may well be human, but wayward humans have an unfortunate tendency to serve darker masters. Were any of the victims known or rumored to have any sort of... collections? Officially, of course, no one has xenos or heretical artifacts, but in my experience such collectors are rather common among the bored and wealthy.

He roars with laughter again, plucking a pastry off the table.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    He continues talking in that same bright tone, smiling widely, looking for all the world like he's merely spinning idle tales or engaging in polite flirting, though keeping his voice low enough to be just indistinct out of their little group. Not random, I don't think. The Stalker has been getting better over time. Quicker, cleaner, more surgical. Without the blood and gore you'd expect if this was a pleasure killer. What if they're looking for something? I agree that they may well be human, but wayward humans have an unfortunate tendency to serve darker masters. Were any of the victims known or rumored to have any sort of... collections? Officially, of course, no one has xenos or heretical artifacts, but in my experience such collectors are rather common among the bored and wealthy.
    'I admit I hadn't even considered that. If anyone in the families of the victims had that sort of reputation then it shouldn't be that hard to find out.' Anika will look into that when she's out of the party.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

On Lady Kindjal, 'Then you've spent more time around her then I have. I've heard that she's a bit of a recluse these days. How did she strike you as a person? Someone who has been around that long might be interesting to talk to.'
    "Driven, if you wanted me to pick a good word. I'm not about to speak ill of her," Etula said. Not here, being the implication. It wasn't exactly a private setting, for all that Macharius' prevarications were working to disguise their activities. "She gets what she wants. She's still giving audiences here and there, but I think she's realised there's only so far you can stretch a lifetime."

For the rest, 'I suppose we could talk to those sort of people at some point, but I don't expect them to manage any better then the commissariat has. Where do the young highborn hang out these days?'
    Etula blew off the question. "Underfoot, mostly. I wouldn't bother. Half of them are so inbred they can't tell their arse from an Ogryn."

Macharius grins roguishly. More than a foppish dilettante mostly concerned with showing off to other fops, you mean? Perhaps I haven't survived the Expanse purely based on luck, hoho!

He roars with laughter again, plucking a pastry off the table.
    "Point taken." Etula favoured Macharius with half a smile, which was the most positive emotion they'd seen from her thus far. "I can't decide if uncle would like you or hate you, but he certainly wouldn't trust you. For a few reasons. Xenos artifacts, hah. If you asked him that, he'd probably think you were trying to drum up a list of potential buyers, or that you were concerned about a market collapse in the wake of all these possible clients running down the curtains. But no. As far as I'm aware, that's not part of the pattern. If there even is a pattern. The only common factor so far is that all of the dead were highborn."

From the way she said this last, it was clear she was sure her awareness didn't stretch all that far. Part of being the surly and taciturn subject of the swirling rumour mill was that people were less inclined to share any other parts of it with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Show

++Not point having this fail due to structural weakness, we need a solid foundation to build from++

Bone density enhancements ahoy

Show
    Bone density would have been easier starting from younger subjects, who still had growing to do. Ravia was fairly certain that was why Astartes Novitiates were taken so young, and anyways there were a number of interesting papers on genetic conditions stemming from excess growth hormone during developmental stages. At the moment she was somewhat lacking the appropriate subjects, however, and would have to make do. The men she had were done growing normally, and a different approach would be required. She was fairly certain she could develop a formula to induce microfractures in the bone, combined with a drug regimen to stimulate healing. Alongside appropriate calcium supplements and sufficient time, it would take advantage of the body's natural processes to greatly increase overall bone strength. The bones wouldn't change size or shape, in theory, just become a good deal stronger. While she was at it, she might as well try implanting a few reinforcement struts in key locations. Overall this was going to be an incredibly painful process, but the medicae decks were stocked with plenty of painkillers. And some Morphia-V, in case anything stronger was needed.

((OOC: Roll Trade (Chymist) to whip up a drug regimen, and Medicae to administer it without killing anybody))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

'Oh I would never speak ill of anyone.' Anika replies. She could always ask again when they weren't inside the Kindjal's manor. Lady Hax's response to the second point was not entirely unexpected, 'I suppose I could track down some Hetaireia students if I have to, but I think I should try to use my time on Scintilla effectively.'

Anika will glance at Macharius to see if he had anything more to add. 'I think when we're finished here we need to keep watch on as many of the high points of the Sibellus as we can. If we can't catch the Stalker in the act perhaps we can make some educated guesses about where they might have started from. I'm fairly confident we can manage to throw more resources at the problem then the Commissariat has anyway. Regardless of whether this pans out or not I would like to exchange contact details Lady Hax. I'm hardly likely to bother you for favours once we're back in the Expanse, but in the meantime, feel free to contact us about anything you want to add.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Because it's possible that Etula doesn't know, Inquiry test conducted at a later date to ask the Commissariat about the possibility of a pattern to the killings about involvement with Forbidden stuff of whatever kind
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 Etiquette)
    (1d100)[6]

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius winks. Best I don't ask him then, hoho! Unfortunate. I do believe Anika is right- we should focus on the high points of the spires. Are there any that are above everywhere the attacks have been so far? We could start trying to run down a lair.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"The hive goes quite high, but assuming limited range based on the palace remaining exempt, they probably aren't climbing the highest spires. Lots of the estates have towers though, including this one. Do you have the manpower to post watch on everything tall enough to work as a jumping off point?"

Regardless of the answer to that question, it was obvious there wasn't a great deal more to be learned from Lady Hax. She parted with her contact information somewhat reluctantly, it seemed to Anika, assuring them that she could be reached at the palace most days.

Anika made a mental note to ask the Commissariat about forbidden items when she returned to their lodgings - it later turned out that the same level of thoroughness or paranoia which inspired the outings with the borrowed psyker had led to other inquiries as well. It hadn't led to any leads on the stalker, though a number of unrelated nobility had very expesnive collections quietly siezed, and at least one who wasn't important enough to possess a degree of fortification against censure had been publically executed. It hadn't helped Hax's popularity, but this was an area over which the Inquisition tended to loom ominously, and none had been willing to risk that sort of attention by protesting in an overly loud fashion.

The rest of the party was pleasant enough (and Macharius hadn't been exaggerating about the quality of the food), and as they mingled and chatted with this eminence or that, Anika noticed that one of the previously shut doors had been opened, if barred by velvet rope, and periodically someone would be admitted under escort and returned to the party after a brief absense. As the night was winding down, a guard approached and bowed stiffly. "The Lady Kindjal requests your attendance in her audience chamber."

Show
    The first set of mixtures Ravia tried was a horrible failure. The result was aggressive and volatile bone growth, and the test subject she had given it to expired messily. She corrected a few ratios, and administered the drugs to another test group. This time was a little more successful, though still not perfect - the final mixture would require some refining. She took notes. This group, however, might still be useful for later. A few of them had sprouted spurs and things, from their arms or otherwise, but the growth in bone mass was within tolerances and demonstrated an increase in both strength and density. They would unfortunately never be able to pass as human unless she did something about the growths, but all great science had to start somewhere.

((OOC: You can continue refining this process, or accept bone spurs and minor deformity and move on))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

"The hive goes quite high, but assuming limited range based on the palace remaining exempt, they probably aren't climbing the highest spires. Lots of the estates have towers though, including this one. Do you have the manpower to post watch on everything tall enough to work as a jumping off point?"
    'More then most. The Sting isn't even that large but it's still a spaceship. I suspect throwing resources at the problem might at least turn something up.'

For the rest of the evening Anika will take the opportunity to explore whatever parts of the house that the guests are allowed into and will otherwise chat to anyone that she has more then a passing acquaintance with. They aren't neccessarily friends but sometimes it was good to catch up on current events. If she's not always sticking close to Macharius she will borrow a Praetorian.

To the guard, 'I would be happy to. May I ask why though? I was under the impression that the Lady of the House was unlikely to be accepting visitors.'

13. - Top - End - #13

Show

++Ugh, well we all start somewhere++

The next batch being better but still would cause questions to be asked so would have to be refined until at a stage where questions wouldn't slow or stop progress, they would be a useful if situational occurrence and could be worked with but for the greater sum a better solution would be needed.

Chymistry Tn 63 (1d100)[12]

If needed
    Medicae Tn 83 (1d100)[85]

Those with the Spurs would be kept close and employed as needed under the auspices of Bodyguard's, still had a weapon to test after all and in due time have the spurs reinforced and weaponized if possible, any that proved to be unworkable would just feed her hobby

Last edited by Leon; 2022-04-26 at 01:14 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

To the guard, 'I would be happy to. May I ask why though? I was under the impression that the Lady of the House was unlikely to be accepting visitors.'
    The guard looked uncomfortable. "Not my place to question my Lady's decisions. She's been granting limited audiences to a small number of the guests, and your names are on her list."

Show
    Looking over her data and reviewing the results, Ravia was able to find a few areas to make major improvements. Obviously the dosages had been off on a number of the things she had introduced, and would need to be fine-tuned. The third batch of drugs she tried showed much more promising results. Even in adults it increased density significantly while also increasing mass, and she expected that in more optimal subjects it would be more successful still. She kept the subjects under observation, and none of them developed obvious spurs or deformities. This lot was, so far, the winners. She filed away the details of what she had prepared, organised her notes on the bone growth formulae, and set about weaponising the more viable of the failed subjects. These experiments had, however, occupied a significant length of time. There would be more to come, of course, once they left Scintilla. Warp travel left plenty of time for all manner of activities.

((OOC: Done for now. More later))

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

'Then lead the way.'

Assuming Macharius was coming with her, Anika will mutter 'be careful' in high gothic while he was in earshot.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius brightens up. Splendid! We are of course delighted to be invited. It is a great honor. Lead on!

He chuckles to Anika at her comment before replying in quite High Gothic. When am I not?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

The guard led them through a doorway cordoned off by ropes, and down several branching paths. The estate was a maze on the inside, but their guide seemed to know where he was going. He pushed open a heavy wooden door, and gestured them into a dimly lit chamber draped in heavy curtains. The decor was all done in deep, rich tones of red and purple. A stick of incense smouldered in a burner on a small end table, and there were a few chairs scattered around the near half of the room. The far end was taken up by a massive four-poster, the drapes at the foot drawn aside. Barely visible in the darkness within, a slight figure reclined, half buried under mounds of expensive blankets and silk-encased pillows.

"Good evening," the Lady said, in a voice thin and cracked. A gloved hand emerged from the bed, turning up the wick on an oil lamp placed next to the table. The flame sputtered and strengthened, sending flickering shadows across the walls. The hand withdrew. "I trust you are enjoying the festivities. Would that I could attend in a greater capacity."

"Still, I can at least grant a few audiences. I am not dead yet, whatever my detractors might say." The voice carried a hard edge to it. Even bedridden, here was a woman who was used to getting her way. "Suppose you're wondering why I've asked for you, hmm? You're new here. Recently come to Scintilla, I understand, from the distant reaches of the Expanse. I wanted to take your measure personally."

She lapsed into expectant silence, clearly waiting for Macharius to make some sort of introduction.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #18

Show

++Progress, will see how these ones develop for now++

After making sure that the special subjects were well supplied with entertainment and nutrition feeds until she could attend to there advancement again she seccured the facility with a person encode and went off to see about the training progress of the Cohort, soon it would be time to pick specialties for them

Last edited by Leon; 2022-05-06 at 12:08 AM. Reason: firebrick red
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

He chuckles to Anika at her comment before replying in quite High Gothic. When am I not?
    At that Anika only looks worried. On the way to the audience she will visibly pay attention to the route the guard leads them down even as she lets Macharius take the lead.

In the room, 'Good evening Lady Kindjal.' Anika will let Macharius explain what they were doing here but will add, 'We have come a long way to get here but I am here in part to see my Mother if you can credit it. I grew up not far from here.'

Spoiler
    Show

If there's anything to notice in Lady Kindjal's room
    Awareness +10 or Scrutiny
    vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[79]

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius bows respectfully. Thank you for gracing us with an audience, my Lady. I am Lord-Captain Macharius Absalom, in service of the Imperium and of Him on Terra. You are correct, we spend most of our time in the Expanse, bringing the Emperor's Light to the dark reaches of the galaxy. Still, one longs for civilization at times. And for investments that are somewhat less...precarious than those in the Expanse. And, of course, there is the matter of tithes and obligations. No matter how far we may go, we must return and show our fealty to Mankind.

He gestures to Anika. Lady Anika Vanhal, my seneschal. Brilliant and perceptive, as a seneschal should be. And a native of Scintilla, though many years gone exploring.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

"Lady Vanhal. I have heard of your family, of course. The Absaloms, though... not for some time. I trust the family fortunes are recovering well under your care, Lord Captain?" The lady coughed, a deep forceful sound for one so old and frail. She adjusted her position in the bed, drawing further into the shadows.

"A pious, upstanding young man such as yourself deserves proper success. I have been wondering if you might undertake a small contract on my estate's behalf, when you return to the Expanse?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

'I can't see why we'd say no. What would you need us to do?' Anika's tone is neutral verging on cold. If she doesn't see anything obviously interesting in the room she will watch Lady Kindjal as best as she can through the curtains on her bed.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quite well, if I say so myself. The Emperor provides for his servants, after all. What might we assist you with? Macharius' tone is warmer, though he's careful not to agree to anything at this point.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"I am going to be sponsoring a group of pilgrims and missionaries. As the end of my life approaches, I fear I have not always done my best for the Emperor, and I wish to amend the situation before I go to meet Him. There is no shortage of supplicants to the cause, of course, but ships willing to brave the Koronus passage are a much scarcer commodity. All you would need to do is find space for them, and deliver them to Footfall. I can make other arrangements for them from there."

The room didn't have much in terms of interesting things to look at, but nor was it especially easy to make out the Lady in the dim lighting. An ornamental statue of a saint had been placed on a small table, next to a closed shrine. There was a fair bit of dust on it.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well then, that should be manageable. A deed done in service of the Emperor redounds to the blessing of all involved, as Saint Octavio Minor said. How many pilgrims are we talking about?

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

'I take it Footfall is the starting point to their pilgrimage? I can't quite think what a group of pilgrims would want to visit in a place like that.' Anika is practical. 'How good are these pilgrims at looking after themselves? I'd say there are a fair few unsavoury types on Footfall who might exploit the unwary or worse.'

Spoiler
    Show

Edit - Posted in the wrong thread so I'll build a post around it.

I didn't realise there was a ground based Star Wars game now. That's some good work for getting it finished quickly.

-----

If Anika knows the Saint. Maybe she anticipates Macharius asking

Scholastic Lore (Archaic or Legend)
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[6]

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Not many at all, for a voidship. A hundred or so. They'll be starting at the Macrostatue of the Emperor in Footfall, and making a circuit of the expanse from there, such as they can. I only expect you to carry them for the first part of the journey, through the Maw. They will handle themselves from there. I believe a handful of them are retired Imperial Guardsmen, so they should be able to take care of themselves well enough."

Macharius didn't know this particular saint, but Anika did. It was Rybel Gorth, the Watcher in the Dark. An unusual choice, perhaps, but a recognised one.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika looks to Macharius, 'I'm...sure we can manage that. That statue is certainly worth a visit. Is anyone in charge of these pilgrims? Feel free to have them contact me at your earliest convenience.'

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Well, that wont be a problem at all. And the Guardsmen should be used to void travel, so they can comfort the others. We would be glad to assist them in their service to the Emperor.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

"Excellent. I am most pleased we were able to come to an arrangement." The figure in bed coughed. "Would you kindly alert the guards to fetch the next guests on your way out?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: