New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC III

Macharius walks into Anika's office looking concerned. Anika, old chum, what exactly is going on?

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika is drinking coffee. 'I want to say 'where do I start' but I assume you're talking about my annoucement.' Anika will hand Macharius a notebook. 'Perhaps illegal is an overstatement but it's certainly a grey area.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Macharius can be aware of everything in the Anika only part of Destro's last post.

'I'm working on a theory that, considering the complexity of what the Stalker does when they break in, it seems very likely that they have outsourced their tech expertise to someone else. While it's possible that they might have talked a random tech priest into helping them out, I would tend to believe that most of the Mechanicum wouldn't be that interested in getting involved. That leaves hereteks, and hereteks of the sort that someone might ask for help if you wanted to break into a noble household. My friends in the lower hive passed me a list of those sorts of people. I think we should try having a chat with them.'

3. - Top - End - #63
    Firbolg in the Playground

++Gardening is not a strong area of knowledge i must admit++
    ++There are easier ways to remove things from a subject than with the tool in question i would hazard so it must be a external reason, to make a point or message?++
    ++What is the link, such as we know of all these people++
    Last edited by Leon; 2022-07-03 at 07:42 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    ++Gardening is not a strong area of knowledge i must admit++
    ++There are easier ways to remove things from a subject than with the tool in question i would hazard so it must be a external reason, to make a point or message?++
    ++What is the link, such as we know of all these people++
    'You may be right, but if there's a message it doesn't seem to be getting through. Perhaps that the Stalker doesn't care enough about what they take to bother investing in proper surgical tools. For all I know perhaps it's collecting trophies.'

On the links between the victims, 'That they were all Scintillan highborn, were prolific holders of parties, and didn't have a secure enough resisdence to escape the Stalker's attentions.'

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius relaxes slightly. That is... less illegal than I had feared. Especially if we're not actually hiring them to do any tech-heresy. I doubt any of them will confess to helping the Stalker, but they're a good start. Maybe they've heard something. I'll try to find less-ostentatious armor somewhere. How much gilding is too much, do you think?

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika shrugs, 'Maybe just bring a cloak.'

7. - Top - End - #67
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    How much gilding is too much, do you think?[/COLOR]
    ++Any amount++
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #68
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

While the others attended parties and chased down leads, Kennoch kept watch on their lodgings...and brooded. He thought that waiting for a renowned, deadly killer would occupy his mind, but as time went on without any incident, Kennoch couldn't help but sink back into his anxiety concerning Galimina. He paced the apartments muttering to himself within his sapphire-encrusted helmet. Shame and dread chased one another during his waking hours, and in his dreams, a well-dressed servitor joined the old host of Warp horrors.

I will report her, he swore again and again. When the time is right. Soon. Soon! I...I will!

And even under the best of circumstances, the young Navigator wouldn't enjoy having "just a chat" with any hereteks. Not unless they were strapped to a torture device and destined for a bullet in the head afterward. So it was probably for the best that when Anika arranged her meeting, Kennoch was on a shuttle back to the Sting for a conversation with his own criminal. Sargon might be a loathsome wreck of a man, a living cautionary tale of the Warp's effects, but Echo found him easier to comprehend. If he took the time to dwell on this, that fact probably should've unsettled him.

Nonetheless, Kennoch needed to get away for a bit and confess something to someone. If he wasn't ready to sign his own death warrant with the Mechanicus or the Inquisition yet regarding Galimina, then he could at least tell Sargon what he learned from the Astropaths and get the elder's thoughts in return.

It felt good to escape the atmosphere, leave the dirt behind, and hear all the old familiar sounds of a mechanical environment. The Rings relaxed slightly too, instantly more comfortable. Isund stretched and smiled. "Good to be back home, yes, Lord Castermire?"

Kennoch kept looking out the shuttle window at the approaching Sting. Behind his helmet, he scowled. You damned Shrike. All I wanted was to travel the galaxy with you and serve our captain together, but you had to go and grow a mind for yourself, and now you've condemned us all. When Isund repeated his comment, Kennoch finally turned to him and managed a simple "Hmm hmm hmm."

The Rings exchanged glances, as they often had these past several weeks, and wondered yet again what was behind their master's strange behavior lately.

But soon they were aboard, and Kennoch wasted no time hurrying back to his spire. He took a wide path around the Bridge, having no desire to run into Hannabel--She hugged it!--and certainly not her special friend. Kennoch's odd familiars bounded and flew and jostled one another playfully around him while he stiffly marched to his little fief. The lower levels of the Navigator's tower were surely busier now, crowded with many of the Rings he'd hired near the Lathes. Though, few of them probably had the nerve to venture up to the top where Kennoch performed his delicate work, and where he kept his obscene prisoner. Sargon's ugly presence was the least terrible thing weighing on Echo's mind these days; when he ascended to the upper level and beheld the tank, Kennoch almost felt a bit of...if not relief, then familiarity. The devil he knew.

"Tell me tell" he ordered by way of greeting "what you know know you know about the Witch-Cursed World Witch Cursed."
    "It was a GOOD plan, just completely impossible."

~ Sophistemon

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Macharius

Macharius did the rounds of the social circuits. Knowing what he did about Edmund, it wasn't especially challenging to figure out who to focus on - old Military types. Macharius' Academy days proved quite useful, and he was certain that if he was still around next time Hamsha hosted an event, he'd be on the guest list. Unfortunately, when that might happen was in question. The Stalker had got the nobility very nervous, and the rate at which social events were held was much lower than it used to be.

Echo

The Manticore's Sting could never have been said to be a pretty ship. Menacing, certainly, in the same sort of way that a shark was menacing. Long and sleek, with too many teeth. As he approached, however, Kennoch couldn't help but feel that the Sting looked just a little bit smug, as well. Pleased to be sitting here, in the heart of Scintilla, without anyone the wiser as to what it carried within its cogitator banks. He was probably imagining it. Still, it was home, and he made it back to the spire without running into Galimina at all. Wherever she was hiding, she was content not to leap out at him, even if she probably knew he was here.

"Why, young Castermire. I was beginning to think you had forgotten about me," Sargon said, taking his time to get to an answer. Infuriating, really. "Enjoying the planet? I've never had the opportunity to visit Scintilla, but by all accounts it is an interesting place. The Witch-Cursed World? I wonder why you would be looking into that place. Is that why you've been so distressed, or..."

He trailed off, watching Kennoch through the walls of his tank, then sighed as best he could, suspended in liquid. "No, no, it is not a place to make light of. One of the Stations of Passage, through the Maw, a system that for whatever reason keeps the storms at bay and provides a safe haven for travellers. Or safer, in any case, but you already knew that. You've come to me for less general knowledge, of course."

Sargon bobbed up and down in the tank, considering what to say next. "The most memorable thing about it is the sound. Like a swarm of insects, somewhere far away. You can't see the source, not even with our gifts. The astropaths can hear it, too, and it dampens their ability to communicate. It is a benighted place, a frozen, valueless ball of rock and ice. There is nothing of worth there, and no reason to visit, unless... but surely not. Not the Scholastica's commission?"
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #70

Lizardfolk

A hidden hive of ethereal insects, the symptom or scheme of some Warp madness, no doubt. Kennoch's skin shivered as he imagined incessant bzzzzzzzzing driving him to frustration over the course of his investigation. Naturally, that would only be the start of his troubles, if he managed to locate the source. Hardly a powerful revelation, that; Echo already told Macharius that if the job was simple, someone else would've done it by now.

Sargon's eerie guesses shouldn't surprise him either, but Echo still frowned. He was supposed to be asking the questions here. Sargon was trapped and under his power, completely at Kennoch's mercy. Yet, that didn't always feel like the case.

"...Yes yes yes," he confirmed slowly, "I was asked I was about the commission the and my Captain accepted Captain my Captain. It is repayment it is for their reading their of the augur the augur. They found they..." He trailed off, stopping himself; he could get to the vision in a moment. Kennoch reminded himself that Sargon was supposed to satisfy his curiosity, not the other way around.

"The sound first the sound. The insects insects. I assume I normal humans humans cannot hear them cannot? Clearly a matter clearly of the Warp Warp Warp Warp. Is anything else known anything known? Any results any, however imprecise however, from past experiments past or investigations or or or?"

He could've posed those questions to Xiao, but--although he didn't consciously think about it--Kennoch had higher expectations of a useful answer from Sargon. Another issue that should've probably worried him.

~ Sophistemon

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Macharius

'Hamsha seems like the type who might be able to take care of himself if anyone can. Still, we could always warn him. Just in case.'

Hereteks

Through the Kasballica, Anika will attempt to discreetly contact each of the names on the list to see who got back to her first. It wouldn't do to arrange such meetings in public. She will also make some inquiries about Lady Charuv, who was likely to be the one name on the list she could probably find herself.

Show

Inquiry vs. Fel 47 (+10 Peer)
    (1d100)[43]

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Echo

"Yes, a warp phenomena. Most don't hear them." Sargon waved one hand slowly, so as not to upset his balance in the tank. "You've heard about the ghost ships, I imagine. Generally, any vessel that suffers that fate has very little information worth offering, but some can be inferred. The log entries are dated strangely, sometimes from hundreds of years past. I recall one instance of recorded access through an external airlock, from the outside, but regretably the salvage team that found that ship set it back adrift, and no deeper study could be made. Something is there, though. Something that interferes with astropaths, and our gifts, that disrupts the normal passage of time. Something that makes whole crews vanish."

"I.. really must advise against going there, Castermire. They have scanned that tower, and found no life. I don't know where the astropathic beacon comes from, no one has ever investigated personally, but the sensor scans report there is no living thing there to send it. That, and the buzzing... the world is named cursed for a reason."

Anika

House Charuv was known to Anika, and finding the Lady for a chat wouldn't be terribly difficult. She was a minor heir, very low on the totem pole of succession, and unlikely to ever inherit much beyond a regular stipend from the house. Clearly, she'd decided to spend her time on other pursuits. Anika would be able to find her with just a house call, since her status afforded her the ability to do so. For the others, she sent off a few messages, and waited.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    ++Any amount++
    Macharius laughs at Ravia's jest. He does switch back to carapace armor and scare up a black cloak to cover the more ostentatious gilded designs.

Rather incognito, what? I could pass for some anonymous hive heavy in this getup.

He'll go with Anika on her house call, wearing proper attire. At least this inquiry required less skullduggery and stealth.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika will call upon Lady Charuv unannounced. 'Charuv will likely be the easiest to find so in this case scratch what I said. It's possible she's heard of you Macharius.'

15. - Top - End - #75

Lizardfolk

Kennoch paced while Sargon talked; lately he couldn't help it, thanks to all his nervous energy. Then, when the older mutant gave his verdict, Kennoch stopped and stared.

"...You advise against it advise," he repeated slowly. His tone was coldly angry. "You wanted me you wanted to explore the explore Space Hulk Space. You encouraged you investigating the Augur the the Augur, when the Mechanicus when wanted it destroyed destroyed. You you...you you you were a pirate pirate! But to help to help the Adeptus Telepathica Adeptus is too risky risky too risky for your taste for your?" He threw up his hands. "Why would I why be surprised be?"

He sounded a little...sullen? Small wonder that a heretic--or anyone, really--would hesitate to join in his new expedition, but Sargon's opinion stung him for some reason. He couldn't admit it, but Kennoch felt judged yet again, as he had when he decided not to board the Lair of Transgression. What right did a Renegade have to shame him? Of course, Kennoch was doing plenty of that to himself already. In his deepest thoughts, he imagined Sargon's response to learning what the Sting harbored. What she had become. When the time came for the Inquisition to storm this ship, would they tell Sargon (probably just before his execution)? Would he sigh, shake his head, and say that he knew all along that the young Castermire would make this sort of unforgivable blunder?

I'm still better than you! Kennoch raged. I know I am! I...have to be...

~ Sophistemon

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Lady Charuv

Starting with the lady was simple enough. Anika called at her home, which was modest by the standards of nobility, and was ushered to a sitting room filled with slightly too much overstuffed furniture. Seated on chairs one would have difficulty extracting oneself from later, and plied with tea served in porcelain cups with kittens painted on them, Anika and Macharius were greeted by a young lady in a frilly dress and powdered wig. To both of them, though, the outfit felt slightly off, like Charuv was putting on appearances and would have been more comfortable in something practical and utilitarian. The dress and wig were what was expected from high society, and she bore them awkwardly, sipping tea slowly and smiling politely as she waited for them to explain the purpose of their visit.

Echo

"You misunderstand me," Sargon said, "By my estimation, the space hulk was considerably safer. Or, at least less of a gamble. What was aboard was largely known, the timeline available was known, and even if a mission aboard had gone awry, the overall threat to the well-being of the ship and her crew was minimal. The Astra Telepathica's bounty has existed for some time now, and has never been claimed. Never. To my knowledge, no-one has even tried."

The mutant sighed, a peculiar sound, when filtered through the fluids in his tank. "Do you imagine that I wish for you to die?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Anika by comparison is making less attempt to dress up. She's only wearing a simple black dress with her Scintillan fusillier greatcoat over the top of it. She'll accept the tea gratefully while only briefly side-eying the decorative kittens.

'Thank you for agreeing to see us so readily Lady Charuv. I assumed with all of the disturbances that the Hive has been having that most people would be against us barging in unannounced. I have to wonder if your at all worried about the Stalker? Presumably you could find rooms in the Lucid Palace if you wanted to?' Anika will be watching Lady Charuv very closely as she got to the point.

'I was told about you in passing. Do you happen to know who we've been working with lately?'

18. - Top - End - #78

Lizardfolk

Damn Sargon and his logic; Kennoch's eyes flickered back and forth, trying to find a gap in his reasoning. Had he made the wrong decision by encouraging Macharius to take the contract? Was he leading them all into danger beyond their ability? Not that it mattered, if Kennoch reported Galimina. ...When he reported Galimina. Yes. Then again, sending the Sting to a mysterious grave during an honorable mission would solve that problem.

No. No. I must still tell...I suppose the Navy, at Port Wander. Then why mention this at all to Sargon? Foolish. It doesn't matter. Nothing matters anymore.

Sargon's question was easier to process. "Don't you don't?" Echo asked softly. "I took you prisoner took you. If something happens happens something happens to me me me me, you might escape you might. Somehow somehow. Or at least least have your revenge revenge."

~ Sophistemon

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius sips his tea with an expression of polite inscrutability. He's letting Anika take the lead here. Subtlety, after all, is her strong suit. As Anika speaks, he watches their hostess closely.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Charuv

"It's a concern, of course. I don't think they're about to come around in the middle of the day for a social call, though. Haven't all of the murders been at night?"

The lady hid a small smile behind her teacup. She hadn't reacted overly much, as far as either of them could tell. It was possible she was very good at concealing her emotions. Nobility tended to be, or at least the ones who lasted for any length of time. "I've been a little busy, I'm afraid, so I'm somewhat behind on the latest. Is this more than just a social call, then?"

Echo

"Oh yes, I and my tank are highly mobile, and capable of affecting an escape at any moment," Sargon said dryly.

"And yes, you've captured me. You have not, however, turned me in, and for this and many other reasons I am intrigued. Plus..." he floated closer to the near side of the tank, pressing his webbed hands up against the glass. "Do you have any idea how refreshing it is to finally have another Navis to talk to? Pirates, for all their merits in terms of accepting outcasts from polite society, are only human. They do not, and cannot, understand our path. Our trials. Navigators are the Emperor's chosen, and the fate of the Imperium is ours to bear."

He retreated, swimming a slow circle about the tank. "Some things are more important than being petty."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Charuv

"It's a concern, of course. I don't think they're about to come around in the middle of the day for a social call, though. Haven't all of the murders been at night?"

The lady hid a small smile behind her teacup. She hadn't reacted overly much, as far as either of them could tell. It was possible she was very good at concealing her emotions. Nobility tended to be, or at least the ones who lasted for any length of time. "I've been a little busy, I'm afraid, so I'm somewhat behind on the latest. Is this more than just a social call, then?"
    'I suppose that depends what they want, but I take your point.' Sips tea. 'But no, this isn't a social call. Not that I'm opposed to those but I'm fairly busy at the moment. I've been helping the Commissariat with their investigation.' Anika will hand the Lady a dataslate containing images of the security system from one of the houses that had been visited by the Stalker. 'Can I ask what you make of this?'

Show

Scrutiny test
    vs. Per 43
    (1d100)[66]

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Charuv

"Lord Hax's personal bulldogs? Not surprising they've taken an interest, I suppose." The lady flipped through the dataslate, evidently finding it difficult to hide her interest in the subject. "Expensive home security system, I have something similar. But what makes you think I would know anything about it?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

'I feel like most people wouldn't be so well informed, so well done you.' Anika smiles. 'I could show you my notes on our ships engines but I feel like I've proven my point. You've had an unusual education, or you've read enough to pick up a few things. Honestly I sympathise. Spire life can be dreadfully boring.'

Anika will put down her tea. 'From what I've heard you've been known to use that education to do the ocasional job. Which means we might no some of the same people. I've been away, so I couldn't say whose likely to still be active. Weaver was the one I used to work with, but there was Dillon and Golic as well. Perhaps Ellis?' Anika will name a few of the Kasballica fixers who she knew to see if Charuv responded to their names being mentioned.

Show

Charm vs. Fel 47 (+10 Peer Nobility) (+10 if etiquette) (+10 if assistance)
    (1d100)[69]

24. - Top - End - #84

Lizardfolk

There Sargon went again, casting himself as a loyal agent of humanity, or the version he served, anyway. Kennoch's inner patriot raged against it. The old heretic was a manipulative liar, following some plan that would secure his release and doom his captor. This should be self-evident, mere common sense, and Kennoch would be the worst sort of fool to trust him, even a little. But...that part of him was tired. Its shrill voice grew raspy from judging Echo himself for weeks on end. He could set it aside, just for a little while. That was alright, wasn't it? He could briefly join Sargon in feeling refreshed. Emperor knew Kennoch needed it.

"...I want to I want help the Astropaths help because they helped me they me," he explained. "They read the augur augur the augur. Alessaunder appears Alessaunder Alessaunder Alessaunder to seek Ascension to seek, which is no surprise no for a Champion for of Chaos Chaos Chaos Chaos, and he does he does bargain with powerful Hereteks powerful. But under his hate under and his greed greed and his pride and is fear fear. Of a shadow a shadow that approaches us approaches. He plans to unite he plans humanity against it against. At least least, the parts that remain remain after his Black Crusade Black Crusade, I assume I. Surely he is mad surely, but what truths what has he seen seen all the same the same? What could frighten what could Alessaunder Castermare Alessaunder?"

Kennoch looked away thoughtfully. A moment later he added, "Before that meeting before, I also learned also that he excavated he a Knight-Titan Knight. It is probably it is relevant to his deal relevant with Forge Polix Polix Forge Polix. But I hardly remember hardly when I think think about the shadow shadow the shadow."

~ Sophistemon

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Charuv

"I used to know someone named Weaver," The lady admitted, speaking slowly. She finished her tea and set the cup and saucer on the table. "I suppose in your line of business, you get to meet all sorts of people. Am I to assume you haven't mentioned any of my potential acqaintances during the investigation, and you are here purely on your own initiative? Men like Weaver and Ellis don't tend to run in commissariat circles."

Echo

"A shadow in the warp?" Sargon fell silent, bobbing up and down in his tank and thinking quietly.

"I cannot think what that would be," he said at last. "But it must be a grave thing, to cause someone like your fallen cousin to fear, or seek further bargains with the ruinous powers. He has excavated a knight-titan, and still fears that the power of such a machine will not be enough? I will consider this." Sargon waved a webbed hand.

"It is not relevant to the cursed world, though, except to explain why you feel indebted to the astropaths. I'd have advised against accepting such a form of payment, had I known, but I did not, and you have made a deal. We must prepare. Alessaunder and his titan engine are a problem for another day. I may have some suggestions as to precautions that can be taken, but... I, naturally, will be unable to carry out much of the work. I cannot leave my tank, and this task requires a degree of physicality."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

'I don't see any reason to tell the Commissariat everything. Especially about matters that happened over a decade ago. And yes, I am here on my own initiative. I would never dream of making problems for you Lady Charuv. From what I've heard we dabble in some of the same areas, so getting you into trouble over it would be frankly hypocritical of me.' Anika will hold for a moment in case the other woman actually looked panicked. 'I am only interested in the murders, and perhaps in anyone who might be helping the perpetrator.'

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Charuv

"Well, thank the Emperor for small mercies, then," Charuv said. She straightened up, suddenly all business. "If what you want is a hand looking into this, I do have some experience, as you've already guessed. Not a lot of prospects, so you need to find ways to keep occupied. Glad you understand. I can tell you someone's tampered with that thing," she gestured at the slate, "but not what they did to it, unless I got an actual look at the system cogitator. Was that what you were after?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Macharius sits quietly, observing the conversation. He's well aware that Anika knows more about technology than she strictly should. She's more useful in this negotiation than he is, unusually. Still, it seemed the time for subtlety had passed, so he may as well say something. He smiles. That would be quite helpful, Lady Charuv. We can also provide the security footage from the other attacks, in case similar changes have been made to them.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

'Fresh eyes would be welcome at this point, but I was really interested in any clients, or potential clients, thar you might have had lately. I realise it might be difficult to narrow it down, but have you met anyone recently through your side job that you considered especially unpleasent to be around?"

30. - Top - End - #90

Lizardfolk

He couldn't admit it, but Sargon's promise to think about the mysterious reading brought Kennoch surprising comfort. Not that it should matter; they would never even make it to the Witch-Cursed World, let alone to face Alessaunder, because Kennoch would confess to the Navy at Port Wander. Why bother with any schemes? Maybe...he could record Sargon's ideas and offer them to his interrogators. That was reasonable. Someone else could make use of a good plan. Kennoch relaxed slightly; yes, that's what he would do.

"What do you what what what have in mind in mind?"

~ Sophistemon