New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default The Bad Guys (2022)

Hello everyone. Today I'm going to review the movie, The Bad Guys (2022) that I saw earlier this morning.

Spoiler: My Thoughts On The Bad Guys (2022)
    Show
    Earlier this morning I start the animated movie The Bad Guys. The Bad Guys are based on a children's book with the same name. This movie is about five animals criminals who live a life of crime by going through a heist who wants to redeem themselves as good guys. What I like about this movie is that it has so much action. The humor was very funny. Also, it has so many twists that I wasn't expecting in this movie. There was nothing that I disliked about this movie. This movie has an excellent storyline and it's a perfect movie. I'll give this movie a perfect 10 out of 10 stars.
    It's time to get my Magikarp on!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: The Bad Guys (2022)

Sadly this is one of those cases where the movie has very little in common with the books besides the name.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sadly this is one of those cases where the movie has very little in common with the books besides the name.
    Really? Wow!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not sure why that's surprising to you. That's been a common thing for decades.

Stephen King's "The Lawnmower Man" is a good example. The short story and the movie share a name and both have a man who runs a lawnmower. That's it. There's nothing else in common between the two.

Starship Troopers the movie is a prime example of a makeover. It was originally going to be called Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine, until someone realized the studio had the rights to Heinlein's Starship Troopers. The director of the movie, Paul Verhoeven, says he disliked the novel so much he only read the first two chapters. Names were changed to match the book, but the movie is only superficially similar to the novel.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Not sure why that's surprising to you. That's been a common thing for decades.

Stephen King's "The Lawnmower Man" is a good example. The short story and the movie share a name and both have a man who runs a lawnmower. That's it. There's nothing else in common between the two.

Starship Troopers the movie is a prime example of a makeover. It was originally going to be called Bug Hunt at Outpost Nine, until someone realized the studio had the rights to Heinlein's Starship Troopers. The director of the movie, Paul Verhoeven, says he disliked the novel so much he only read the first two chapters. Names were changed to match the book, but the movie is only superficially similar to the novel.
    Well, I don't read books anyway so I wouldn't know if movies have anything in common based on books.