A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 200
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    The Slumbering Tsar Adventure Path


    Perched on the verge of the war-torn wasteland known as the Desolation stands a settlement of dire reputation. Known only as The Camp, this wretched collection of criminals and scoundrels, the desperate and the hopeless, all eking out an existence on the far fringes of civilization make this truly a place of new beginnings and horrific endings. Now things stir within the Desolation and call to heroes seeking secrets and treasures lost to the knowledge of men. The promises of reward dare the brave and the foolish both to seek their fortune in The Camp—out on the very edge of oblivion.


    The caravans that Isabella ha brought with her rumbled along the gravel of the road. You had all set off from Bard's some 9 days hence. The autumn weather had been harsh and unpleasant, grey skies, scurrying clouds and cold drizzle and rainy squalls. Each night you had paused, rounding the wagons into a rough circle to ward off either the local denizens of the wastes or whatever vile creature had crawled from the desolation.

    The weather and the terrain had changed that morning as you approached the edges of the desolation. The trees and plants grew sparse and twisted. Blackened branches and sharp thorns abounded and the grass faded into fields of grey ash and dead gravel scattered around everywhere. You know that from the maps and the strange savage barbarian Timoshko who had appeared as a guide to "The Camp".

    Conversation is desultory and mixed amongst the disparate group....



    OOC Thread
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground
     
    (Un)Inspired's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Skynir might be the only person to enter The Desolation with a sense of profound relief. Returning to Bard’s Gate for the first time in 8 years created an unsettling mix of unease and excitement in the half-elf, and the idea of seeing his family left him both jittery and nostalgic. Ultimately seeing his parents was… just about what he should have expected. His father, Lord Braithwaite, had seemed to have aged more than was reasonable since he was last in town. The now elderly human had moved from one scheme to another to advance the family’s interests, each seemed more pointless than it’s predecessor. While they didn’t seem to do much to advance the Elkhart’s across Bard’s Gate society, Lord Braithwaite seemed to take wholehearted pleasure from explaining them each to his visiting son.

    His mother, Vidame Emylir, was, in her noble elven superior way, complete entrenched in the same fixations she had when Skynir had left: endlessly trading properties among the other elven elite of the city, and breeding her prized lineage of horses. She was almost unchanged since he’d seen her last, as if she was locked in stasis. His two parents couldn’t have passed through time more differently, and yet they were united in smiling pleasantly at Skynir, and being utterly uninterested in what their son had been doing on his travels, the connection he felt to the world, and the advancement of his magical powers. Booking with the caravan and heading out into a land of near certain death felt infinitely less perilous than trying to connect with his parents.

    And what a motley crew he found himself caravanning with! Warriors and magicians, men and women of action from all across Akados. Skynir spends the 9 days on the road talking to the other members of the caravan, trying to get a handle on each of their character’s without being too invasive. He prefers to walk, rather than ride on the wagons, and pitches in to help with evening chores. While he doesn’t turn his nose up at the trail rations (although he does cast Purify Food and Water over everything he consumes) , he jumps at the opportunity to eat or drink anything of higher quality.

    As the group marches closer to the lands surrounding The Slumbering City, he pulls his jacket closer around him. Even as he can feel the disruption to the natural spirits of the land, he can’t help but let a sense of titillation ripple over him. He was going to explore an abandoned city unseen by civilized eyes in 300 years! He was going to have a walkabout in the forbidden! This adventure was gonna make the last 8 years of travel feel like a day at the park.

    The stronger the pale dust whips through the air, the closer Skynir knows they are to The Camp. Anyone have a spare bandana?
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Roger is in no real position to chat. As usual, he rides some 100 feet ahead of the carts, two large dogs behind and to the sides of the horse. The big bird flies even further ahead (and up), making detours and circles because of its greater speed. All five look for anything noticeable, but do that in the "business as usual" way, not really expecting some trouble to happen right now.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Roger will take 10 on Perception (the animals can do the same or have it rolled as they see fit). Some guys have Scent, though it's not particularly long-ranged.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Chevalier Isabella Moreno.

    That's what they'd called her as they'd given her a minor title and a packet of land up North. But the subtext had been clear: Izzy had outstayed her welcome in Bard's gate and if she were to decline then the next attempt to get rid of her would be more direct and, well... To the point. The point of pointiness.

    Still, Izzy believes in making her own luck. Though effectively run out of the town she'd called home all her life, it turned out there were plenty of people willing to accept a free trip north once she'd started putting the caravan together, though they all had their own reasons for making the trip.

    Azvigo she finds charming, and makes for pleasant company.
    Hastur seems bemused to coming along, but determined, and she hopes he'll stick around.
    Dr Constantine she's come to think of as weird and a bit morbid, though she does find him amusing when he decides to be funny. That suture vine though... Creepy as heck!
    Of Skynir and Roger, she's found it hard to get a good read on either of them. But they both seem like they can handle themselves.
    Timoshenko though she still views with suspicion despite his aid, the mysterious guide having suddenly appeared after they'd already left the city and frankly more than a little scary!

    Izzy looks out the window of the carriage at the dusty landscape and frowns. Is not exactly pretty it there. How is she going to get an estate going in a place like this? And even if she can, what could she possibly find to make her want to stay?

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Timoshko is a brooding presence near the rear of the caravan; the gleaming blade of his scythe (which he uses as a walking stick) hangs overhead as a constant reminder of the mortality of all. He manages to rebuff almost all attempts at interaction, though the combination of distance and his companion's persistence eventually wears at the veneer. "I'm here because I must be," he grunts, at what feels like the thousandth time that question has been presented. "My father is a seer, and his visions never fail. He says if I don't assist this company, you will fail, and with it the fate of the world will crumble. Yes, it seems implausible and fantastic, but I don't see anyone else to fight off those who might want to prey on you." His expression takes on an edge of ferality, and the ensuing grin is more than a little off.

    "Might well be my own kin, if not for my father. We occasionally hunt on this road." He eyes the rest of the caravan in such a way that you can't quite be sure if he's joking or completely serious. At the glances of unease, Timoshko chuckles in genuine mirth. Somehow, it still doesn't inspire confidence or relief.

    He prowls along the road, his feet falling surprisingly quietly for such a large man. From his vantage near the rear he scans the field, watching over the whole caravan and the road ahead. If he wasn't so... immensely off-putting, he might easily be mistaken for an alpha wolf protecting his pack. "But fear not, I'm the strongest and fiercest of my cousins. If they prove foolish enough to attack, I will slay them and take their meager power for my own. And we are far too strong for other predators. They have been driven from this area for some time." He returns his gaze to the fields surrounding the road with the lazy confidence of the largest lion on the savannah.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    "And they all came riding back…" hums a gravelly voice from the middle of one of the wagons. The travelling song is not at all what one would call polished; the figure singing it is out of both tune and practice, yet there is something to be said for the earnestness of the performance.

    Azvigo lets the last note dissipate into the wan distance, glancing about at his new companions with sunlit eyes. The journey from Bard's Gate has been illuminating for someone unaccustomed to sticking with anyone for longer than a week. There are unspoken codes, amongst hard people like these. For one, it is polite not to ask personal questions, even if there are women aboard in interesting outfits or scary types with intimidating arms and armour. He has thus far managed to refrain from being the one asking, which is probably for the best. In a more mundane company, his ensemble of wide-brimmed hat, long coat, and coiled whip at his belt might invite its own scrutiny, but their more outlandish members draw some of the attention away.

    From Timoshko in particular, Azvigo has made a point of keeping a wide berth during the trip. There are monsters out in the wilderness, and then there are the other kinds. Though he has not seen the man use it, the dungeoneer suspects that the scythe-wielding warrior will prove a terror when it comes time for bloodshed. His countenance and turns of phrase are more than a little unnerving as well.

    The other code of the adventurer is simple: when someone asks for help, you help them. There's no telling when the favour might need to be returned. So when Skynir - who in Azvigo's opinion has been the most open of their group, save perhaps Isabella - asks for a bandana, he is all too happy to help. The half-orc flashes him a bit of fang before reaching into his rucksack and producing a length of cloth. With a pocket knife, he begins to cut off a piece large enough to be comfortably tied around his companion's face.

    "Just a moment, dear!" Azvigo calls in obvious falsetto. The grin that follows is to show the half-elf that it's all in the name of good fun and no insult is meant by it. "I can't say I blame you for wanting to cover your nose and mouth. If half the stories I've heard about the Desolation are true - and they usually are - you're likely to get some kind of airborne disease just by breathing in the fumes." A perceptive type may notice that Azvigo never includes himself when speaking of awful fates or turns of misfortune, and this time is no exception.

    "Well I for one can't wait to see this Camp!" He declares to the group. "I have no doubt that it has no equal among civilized societies. And we have such fierce protectors, after all."
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-04-18 at 09:56 AM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

    Currently Playing:

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Constantine, as he liked to be called by his peers, only his patients called him Dr., but to be fair, his friends often became patients, whether they volunteered, or not, was having some trouble with the uneven terrain on the wagon wheels, his latest experiment was failing dreadfully, and so he gave up, there was no scientific method while his solutions couldn't be measured properly, damnable road!

    Why no one had maintained it, was beyond him. Sighing, and listening to the strange man Acevigo, Acvi....Azvigo? He shook his head, the name made him angry just trying to pronounce the twice damned thing, Vigo it was, he watched as the man offered some assistance to the moron who didn't bring something to put over their face. Constantine watched with a frown, This was going to be interesting he thought to himself.

    The others were interesting, he very much liked the grim man with the scythe, like really? who actually brings a scythe of all things to a fight? The guy was clearly mad, or insane, but there was a glimmer of wildness to the man that Constantine couldn't ignore, he would be a great test subject when the time came. He could barely hold in his delight at the thought, the others seemed....normal enough, which kind of bored him to be honest, but time would tell, just pure observation wasn't enough to get to the meat of the bone.

    At stopping, he saw the bone white dust and his eyes went large, "Oh my!" he declared, somehow he had forgotten about the Bone Storms, he quickly jumped down, and walked a little way off into the Desolation, finding a good undisturbed patch, and gathered a small sample, he wasn't very far, and could feel the crazy man's eyes on him, once he had collected enough for a single vial, he walked back humming a tune, and small smile on his face. This would surely be a good trip, he had already found something that would take weeks testing!
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2022-04-18 at 05:04 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    With every rest of the caravan, Hastur trained. He wasn’t sure what others thought of his frequent martial displays, and, frankly, he didn’t care. He didn’t do it for their benefit; he didn’t even do it to benefit his body, only his mind. The exercises were some last vestige of sanity to cling to as they encroached on this desolate wasteland.

    In more civilized lands, the dwarf was pretty sure some of this lot he was travelling with would have been the very monsters he’d end up hunting. To say the "doctor" seemed touched by madness was perhaps an overly generous characterization. Timoshko, like himself, seemed forced to this land by fate. What dark designs sent him here, he cannot fathom, but if Strym wills it, then he will wage this pyrrhic war with that man by his side.

    Then there were the naive. The three that to him seemed oblivious of what mess they were heading toward. Azvigo seemed harmless enough. He may have enough bravado to fill a cistern, and enough panache to fill a latrine, but Hastur was confident the man would at least die on the right side of a battle if nothing more. Izzy would be a pleasant enough person anywhere else, here she just seemed out of place, like a dandelion in the cracks of a castle parapet. Garments with her midriff exposed? Did she think herself lollygagging about a market? Skynir seemed less foolhardy than these two, but only by the barest amount. He actually seemed to be getting more excited as they headed to their deaths. He hoped to be proven wrong in his initial assessments, but he had yet to see any evidence to the contrary.

    Lastly, there was Roger. Roger seemed aloof, but, at least to Hastur’s eyes, he seemed a little more aware of what horrors await than the naive. Unlike the scythe-wielder and the doctor, the man did not put him on edge, he seemed to want to tend to his animals, and keep a distance. Hastur was okay with that and quickly settled into a mutually congenial indifference with the man.

    Contrary to his initial expectations, Timoshko was the one he ended up feeling most at ease with. While they certainly didn't get along, they had common ground in being sent here. Furthermore, the man's overt scoffs and dismissal of his travelling companions often put to voice the thoughts in his own mind. He was also the only one that Hastur was not positive he could best if it came to blows, that he also seemed the most likely to have things head in that direction was disconcerting. As the caravan strided bravely toward the edge of reason, Timoshko’s martially-competent presence, perhaps only in contrast with the laissez-faire attitude of the others, was somehow a comfort.

    Any who asked why he heads to the Camp receive the response, "it is my holy charge as a Giantsbane Templar of Strym to make the city of Tsar and lands surrounding safe for civilization to thrive." He states this practiced line with a matter-of-factness that seems oblivious to the sheer gravity of that task. With those he feels slightly more comfortable joking around - any of the naive and Timoshko - he would add, "and then I’m to convert Ades and Grox to the light, after that I shall cleanse the Abyss, layer-by-layer, and after that… well, my charge starts to get a bit difficult."

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    With Roger riding some 100ft ahead of the caravan and carriage his dogs by his side its the bird aloft that gives the greatest alarm early! A sudden cawing from high above as the bird shrieks twice, the signal for danger, and circles the low rise some 270ft to the right of the caravan, a low barrow it looks lie covered in shifting dust. As he looks to the right a pair of figures emerge from the other side of the barrow, dust from where they had been lying falling from them like snow, only now does he realise the scale is wrong, and those figures must be towering up close.

    To the others its a shriek from Roger's pet that alerts you as a pair of massive creatures leap up from the shadows of a long dust covered barrow some 270ft to the east of the road. They resemble hill giants covered in dust and blood. Massive great spiked club swing in their hands. Their faces and bodies are a mass of recent wounds and horrible burns, perhaps caused by acid. One thing is evident, though; the look in their eyes as they focus on you is one of pure insanity!



    OOC

    Roger and his dogs are 100ft ahead
    The rest of you are in a rough grouping around the carriage and the wagons

    THere are 2 giants 270 ft to the right of the carriage (so ~290 from Roger)

    Know (Local) (with a +4 if you've been in the Camp before) can give you some information

    Initiative:
    Group 1 Izzy/ Roger/Hastur/Azvigo
    Group 2 Giants
    Group 3 Constantine/Skynir/Timoshko


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    "What in the white sands!? They dare!?"

    The fury suddenly flooding Timoshko's face suggests that he is personally offended by the presence of other threats along this particular stretch of road.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Roger thinks he would know a giant when he sees it, the qualifications are, indeed, quite simple. What he had not quite bothered to learn were the kinds of those guys. He knows there is "a lot", but for his purposes they are mostly the same. Roger preliminarily judges the two as hostile and gets the bow ready, but does not start shooting until they show some effort, instead casting a spell. The animals, meanwhile, stay defensive awaiting commands from their owner.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift: judgment
    Move: draw the longbow
    Standard: cast divine favor

    Justice in effect for +2/+0 until the end of combat
    Divine Favor in effect for +2/+2 for 10/10

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    "Well... those are big ones," despite the extensive monster lore classes at the temple, Hastur missed part of the course "Giants and their Ilk," on account of it coinciding with his father's demise (at the club of a giant no less). Not exactly sure what was before him, but pretty sure it was a giant, he cracked his neck and said, "guess we should get to it then."

    Hastur held the small iron gauntlet of his faith that dangled on a chain around his neck up to his helmet, "Strym protect us from evil." The blessing washed himself and the other five nearby. "You drop one, I'll buy you an ale when we get to the Camp." He then drew his guisarme, and began to walk toward the giants as quickly as his legs could carry him, which proved obnoxiously slow.

    Spoiler: Hastur, round 0
    Show
    Standard: Protection from Evil, communal for 1 minute each (everyone but Roger who is too far away)
    Move: 20 ft toward the giants (only 250' more to go!)
    If giants are evil and large (huge+) AC is 24 (25)

    Spoiler: Hastur Status
    Show
    Hastur Stonemoor
    Male NG Dwarf Cleric / Disciple of the Pike Cavalier, Level 6//2, Init 1, HP 51/51, Speed 20
    AC 21, Touch 11, Flat-footed 20, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 9, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Guisarme +1 (reach, trip) +10 (2d4+5, x3)
    Flail, heavy (disarm, trip) +8 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Full plate +1, (+10 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 vs evil)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10
    Condition Prot evil (10/10 rnds remaining) +2 AC/saves vs evil
    +1 AC vs large, +2 AC vs huge+

    Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Create Water, Stabilize
    1: Barbed Chains 1/1
    Bless 1/1
    Murderous Command 1/1
    Shield of Faith 1/1
    1D: Shield 1/1
    2: Ironskin 1/1
    Prot Evil, Communal 0/1
    Sound burst 1/1
    Summon Monster II 1/1
    2D: Barkskin 1/1
    3: Dispel Magic 1/1
    Stone Shape 1/1
    Summon Monster III 1/1
    3D: Protection from Energy 1/1

    Race/Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarf:
    Stability: +4 racial to CMD vs bull rush or trip
    Deep Tradition: +1 melee attack / +1 AC vs AoO for drow, duergar, aberration, giant, orc
    Hardy: +2 saves racial for poison, spells, spell-like abilities
    Stonecunning: +2 on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking
    Darkvision: 60 feet
    Cavalier:
    Bigger They Are :+1(2) dodge to AC against large (huge+)
    Order of the Hero (+1 know to ID monster)
    Challenge 1/day : +2 damage (+3 if larger) -2 AC
    Cleric:
    Deflection Aura (1/day, lvl rnds, 20-ft, +2 defl AC + CMD)
    Ferocious strike +lvl/2 damage 7/day

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Izzy nearly starts as the giants emerge from the barrow she'd been idly observing! "Bandits to the right!" she cries, jumping from the carriage and slamming back an infusion that causes her to double in stature to nearly the size of the hill-giants themselves!

    She draws her spear and forms up with Hastur as he advances, smart enough not to rush out ahead by herself. "I'd settle for us all getting through this in one piece," she replies to the dwarfs bounty. "But I'll take that offer all the same!"

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    "Well then," murmurs Azvigo with a more than slightly affected drawl as he watches the scene unfold, "I guess it's high time for a scrap."

    Feeling the holy power emanating from the dwarf, the archaeologist-adventurer lets himself be carried by the current of faith. Though not a leal man, he knows better than to pass up free blessings from those more pious. Seeing the distant giants, he thinks it's probably a good thing to have as many people above looking out for you as possible. The girl Isabella appears to have doubled in size - with a weapon to match - and Azvigo knows he'll definitely never hear the end of it if he doesn't join the others on the front line.

    Standing to his full height, the half-orc flicks his left wrist. A faint whirring sound can be heard from the inside of his bracer, and suddenly a length of pale wood is in his hand. With a few gestures, a shimmering golden tower shield of force appears at his side, hovering over his side as though he were truly holding it. In the other palm his whip comes uncoiled, snapping hungrily at the air. Azvigo then strides towards the giants, giving himself some space from the others while whistling a jaunty tune.

    Spoiler: Round 1 Actions
    Show
    Azvigo will pop out his Wand of Shield and activate it. UMD: (1d20+12)[27] vs. DC 20.

    He'll also move out towards the giants, giving himself a bit of room from the others and drawing his whip.

    Spoiler: Azvigo, Round 1
    Show
    Azvigo Douglass
    Male Lawful Good Half-Orc Bard (Archeologist) // Paladin (Virtuous Bravo), Level 6, Init 6, HP 54/54, Speed 30 ft
    AC 25, Touch 16, Flat-footed 21, CMD 20, Fort 11, Ref 14, Will 10, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Whip +11 (1d4+5, x2)
    Rapier +9 (1d6, 18-20x2)
    +1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Active Effects Shield (+4 shield AC), Protection from Evil (+2 deflection AC)
    Bard Spells Known 0th level (∞) -- dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
    1st level (5/5) -- heightened awareness, saving finale, tamer's lash, silent image
    2nd level (4/4) -- gallant inspiration, invisibility, mirror image, trapfinder's focus
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-04-19 at 06:27 AM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

    Currently Playing:

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    As the roc circles the massive maddened creatures heroes spill from the carriages and the wagons. Hastur and the now giant Izzy striding towards them kicking up bone white dust. The bard moves out to the right, whip and a magical shield in hand. Roger out in front draws his bow, feeling the weight of his God's power settling on his shoulders.

    For their part the pair of hill giants howl insanely stride forwards, bounding over the dusty bone white earth, clouds of dust leaving a trail behind them swirling in the sky as their insane berserker howls get louder and louder and the thunder of the boots causes pebbles to shudder and shake nearby and the horses to stir and whicker.

    OOC

    Giants run forward, both hill giants running 200ft forwards!

    Giants --50ft -- Hastur/Izzy --- 20ft -- Rest of the party
    \
    \
    130ft
    \
    \
    Roger


    Constantine/Skynir/Timoshko to go next to complete round 1. After 24 hours then Roger/Hastur/Izzy and Azvigo can start posting their round 2 as well as it gets easier with "heroes" "baddies" taking turns


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Now that we could be totally sure we are not murdering some random walkers-by, Roger starts shooting at the nearest giant. He aims at the heart, because that's how it's done, and uses Goddess' powers in full against these affronts to nature. Meanwhile, he shouts at Jumbo: "Careful, bird! You get them from the back!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action bane humanoid (giant)
    Free action to handle the companion
    Full attack with longbow
    The horse is not guided to move and the dogs left to fend for themselves, Jumbo will spend a round repositioning

    Longbow (durable cold iron arrow) (1d20+12)[20] for (1d8+4)[5] and (2d6+2)[10] extra (incl. -2/-0 rapid shot, +2/+0 justice, +2/+2 divine favor, +2/+2d6+2 bane, -2/-0 range)
    Longbow (durable cold iron arrow) (1d20+12)[31] for (1d8+4)[12] and (2d6+2)[10] extra (incl. -2/-0 rapid shot, +2/+0 justice, +2/+2 divine favor, +2/+2d6+2 bane, -2/-0 range)

    Justice in effect for +2/+0 until the end of combat
    Divine Favor in effect for +2/+2 for 9/10
    Bane in effect for +2/+2d6+2 for 6/6
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-04-19 at 09:42 AM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Timoshko's indignation rapidly proves to be but the tip of the metaphorical iceberg. With a roar, he springs forward- rapidly overtaking the ranks of his companions and apparently intent upon meeting the giant's charge head-on with one of his own. With each step, he grows in size, sending faint but increasing tremors through the earth as he storms forward. "YOUR DEATH COMES THIS DAY!" he bellows, almost more a feral roar than speech.

    As he closes the distance, now fully on par with the hill giant's height, his scythe arcs through the nearer portion of the heavens. With madness that rivals his foes, the First Fang of the Duskprowlers tears into his enemies. As the blade plunges into the Giant, the hulking man actually begins to froth slightly at the mouth, a manic grin of glee and contentment on his face.

    Spoiler: Timoshko, round 1
    Show
    Timoshko Savarin, First Fang
    M Neutral (Evil?) Human - Duskprowler Clan Bloodrager 6 // Inquisitor 2, Level 6//2, Init 2, HP 51/51 63/63 ((25 temporary HP)), Speed 40
    AC 15, BR: -2, -1 size, -1 dex (+2 protection from evil?) Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 20, Fort 9, Ref 4, Will 10 12, CMB +10/+5, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
    +1 Scythe +11/+6 (2d4+6, x4) BR: +13/+8 (2d6+10, x4)
    Claws (during BR only) +12/+12 (1d8+6, x2)
    Calamitous Mail (+5 Armor, +1 luck bonus to saves )
    Abilities Str 19 25, Dex 10 8, Con 14 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 11
    Condition Dimdweller: +2 intimidate, perception, stealth when in darkness; 60' darkvision
    Blood Sanctuary: +2 to saves vs allies' spells
    Corpse Cannibal: +2 fortitude saves vs disease
    Spell Eating

    Bloodrage (claws, demonic bulk): 15/16
    Judgement: 1/1
    Touch of Darkness: 5/5
    Hunger: 1/2

    Free action, BLOOODRAAAAAGE:
    Charge the nearer giant:
    POWER ATTACK
    (1d20+13)[28] Scythe (+2 charge, -2 power attack)
    (1d20+14)[16] CC (33) (anatomist for +1 to confirm threats)
    (2d6+16)[25] damage
    (6d6+48)[68] crit bonus (OMG this will be so good if it ever hits )
    edit: I'm fairly confident a 28 will hit, so I'll go ahead and use my first shot of the Hunger to gain 25 temporary HP

    If, for some reason, they close to true melee, he'll get an attack of opportunity as his size imparts reach:
    (1d20+11)[24] Scythe (-2 power attack)
    (1d20+12)[31] CC (31) (anatomist for +1 to confirm threats)
    (2d6+16)[24] damage
    (6d6+48)[63] crit bonus

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Constantine raised an eyebrow as the call to bandits was raised, he had been looking at a bugs guts he had found, and just got to the good part! Damn bandits!

    He sighed, knowing full well they would need his administrations, jumping down off the cart, he raises an eyebrow as he see's two very large bandits running towards them!

    "Fine" he says to himself, resigning to what will obviously become a brawl, "but oh, this will be a great opportunity to observe his fellows efficiency" he says with a smile, he starts to move forward, pulling out a vial and drinking it.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Move action: Move 30 ft closer
    Standard action: drink Shield Extract

    Constantine
    HP's: 48/48
    AC: 19 (21 vs evil)
    T: 13 FF: 16
    CMD: 17 FCMD: 14
    Init: +3
    Fort: +5 (+7 v E) Ref: +8 (+10 v E) Will: +3 (+5 v E)
    Effects: Shield (6 minutes), Protection from Evil (9/10)
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2022-04-19 at 11:31 AM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    (Un)Inspired's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Skynir ties the banana across his face and begins to thank Azvigo for the gift, just as the two behemoths burst from the dunes and tear off towards the caravan. Hill Giants, I think these two are actually camp locals.


    Oi, are either of you Gorg or Gurg? Is there something dangerous with acid out here?


    As he calls out to the gargantuan pair, he looks the closer of the two up and down, evaluating not only its physical appearance but also the ripples their presence makes within the flow of magic through the world. He raises right his hand in a choking gesture toward the giant and commands it to Stop!


    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move action use Studied Target on the nearer giant
    Standard Action to cast Hold Person on said giant DC 18 Will or Paralyzed for 6 rounds
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    One moment there were two lumbering giants on the horizon, the next moment there were four in his midst. Now with multiple thighs at eye level, the dwarf steeled himself and advanced. One thing Hastur knew for sure about giants is that they hit hard - best not to be hit. “Strym, my flesh as iron,” he entreated his god as he approached the giants preparing to strike if an opportunity arose.

    Spoiler: Hastur, round 2
    Show
    Standard: cast iron skin
    Move: advance, ideally threaten both giants with reach weapon, but definitely the one not engaged with Timoshko
    If giants are evil and large (huge+) AC is 28 (29)

    if AoO (vs giant): (1d20+11)[16] Damage: (2d4+14)[19] (PA, FF, and furious strike)
    CC: (1d20+11)[13] Crit Damage: (4d4+28)[36]

    Spoiler: Hastur Status
    Show
    Hastur Stonemoor
    Male NG Dwarf Cleric / Disciple of the Pike Cavalier, Level 6//2, Init 1, HP 51/51, Speed 20
    AC 25, Touch 11, Flat-footed 24, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 9, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Guisarme +1 (reach, trip) +10 (2d4+5, x3)
    Flail, heavy (disarm, trip) +8 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Full plate +1, (+10 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 vs evil)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10
    Condition Prot evil (9/10 rnds remaining) +2 AC/saves vs evil
    Ironskin (60/60) +4 enhancement to natural armor
    +1 AC vs large, +2 AC vs huge+

    Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Create Water, Stabilize
    1: Barbed Chains 1/1
    Bless 1/1
    Murderous Command 1/1
    Shield of Faith 1/1
    1D: Shield 1/1
    2: Ironskin 0/1
    Prot Evil, Communal 0/1
    Sound burst 1/1
    Summon Monster II 1/1
    2D: Barkskin 1/1
    3: Dispel Magic 1/1
    Stone Shape 1/1
    Summon Monster III 1/1
    3D: Protection from Energy 1/1

    Race/Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarf:
    Stability: +4 racial to CMD vs bull rush or trip
    Deep Tradition: +1 melee attack / +1 AC vs AoO for drow, duergar, aberration, giant, orc
    Hardy: +2 saves racial for poison, spells, spell-like abilities
    Stonecunning: +2 on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking
    Darkvision: 60 feet
    Cavalier:
    Bigger They Are :+1(2) dodge to AC against large (huge+)
    Order of the Hero (+1 know to ID monster)
    Challenge 1/day : +2 damage (+3 if larger) -2 AC
    Cleric:
    Deflection Aura (1/day, lvl rnds, 20-ft, +2 defl AC + CMD)
    Ferocious strike +lvl/2 damage 7/day

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    With the giants now within reach, Izzy commences with the stabbing against the giant not targeted by the hold spell, using her enormous reach to her advantage.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Power Attack (1d20+7)[23] +9 normally, -2PA
    Damage: (2d8+12)[27] (STR+4*1.5 +6PA)


    And AoOs if they move forward:
    Power Attack (1d20+7)[9] +9 normally, -2PA
    Damage: (2d8+12)[17] (STR+4*1.5 +6PA)

    Power Attack (1d20+7)[27] +9 normally, -2PA
    Damage: (2d8+12)[23] (STR+4*1.5 +6PA)

    Last edited by RCgothic; 2022-04-20 at 03:15 AM.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Azvigo watches with admiration as the other members of his new team transform for battle. Skynir's call and obvious use of magic elicit a smile from the half-orc, but it's the paired charge of Timoshko and Izzy that have him whooping gleefully. There are such fine warriors in this group! He would call it providence to have found himself in such formidable company, but he knows it's no such thing. There is another power looking out for him, after all.

    As his gaze settles on his target, Azvigo's stride lengthens. His long coat billows out behind him as he begins to close on the same giant as Izzy. Magical shield raised to protect his flank, he comes in with his whip low to the ground. He is not, after all, looking to really do any damage with this strike. Instead, he lashes out at the giant's calves, hoping to tangle his foe and send him crashing down to earth.

    Spoiler: Round 2 Actions
    Show
    Let's go for a trip! Azvigo will spend a swift action to activate his Archeologist's Luck for a +3 to attack, damage, skills, and saves. He'll then move in 30 ft towards the non-targeted giant by Skynir and attempt a trip with his whip.

    Trip Whip: (1d20+14)[24] vs. Giant CMD.

    Spoiler: Azvigo, Round 2
    Show
    Azvigo Douglass
    Male Lawful Good Half-Orc Bard (Archeologist) // Paladin (Virtuous Bravo), Level 6, Init 6, HP 54/54, Speed 30 ft
    AC 25, Touch 16, Flat-footed 21, CMD 20, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 11, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Whip +14 (1d4+8, x2)
    Rapier +12 (1d6+3, 18-20x2)
    +1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Active Effects Shield (+4 shield AC), Protection from Evil (+2 deflection AC), Archeologist's Luck (+3 luck attack, damage, skills, saves)
    Bard Spells Known 0th level (∞) -- dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
    1st level (5/5) -- heightened awareness, saving finale, tamer's lash, silent image
    2nd level (4/4) -- gallant inspiration, invisibility, mirror image, trapfinder's focus
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-04-20 at 07:55 AM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

    Currently Playing:

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    The pair of hulking hill giants thunders in towards the carriages, eyes red with acid burns and rage. They are met by Izzy and Timishko, who both grow to similar proportions and meet the giants with spear and scythe both of which bite and taste giant flesh, the young bard, whip in hand leaps in lashing at Timishko’s giant but it’s like pulling on a tree trunk.

    Behind the two giant adventurers Hastur stomps forward to threaten both giants with his spear as well. Behind the swirling melee Roger sinks a pair of shafts into the lead giant who tears them free in splashes of blood. Skynir gestures at the giant by the savage bloodrager who shrugs off the magics, his mind too addled
    At the back Constantine shields himself and watches for an opportunity

    The giants are simple, lacking any subtlety as they in their maddened rage just swing and chop at Hastur and Izzy, Izzy stabbing at it again as it pushes through her spear.

    Hill giants

    Giant 1 (Gurg)
    Vs Timoshko (1d20+19)[23] dam (2d8+17)[28]
    Vs Hastur (1d20+14)[23] dam (2d8+17)[26]

    Giant 2 (Gorg)
    Move 10ft soaking an AoO from Izzy
    Vital strike (1d20+19)[38] dam (4d8+17)[40]


    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground
     
    (Un)Inspired's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, MA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Skynir frowns when the giant avoids his magic. Watching the two rampage through his caravan’s frontline, he steps forward and stares intently at the less battered of the two giants, his supernatural glare attempting to rip the consciousness from the maniac’s mind.

    Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move Action into range for Slumber
    Standard Action Slumber on the giant that Roger, Timoshko, and Izzy haven’t been wailing on. DC 18 Will save or Unconscious
    amazing avatar of my favorite character, Gheera, by Pesimismrocks

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground
     
    RCgothic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Gorg brutally bats away Izzy's guard and smashes her into the dust. She doesn't rise.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Constitution check (dying) DC10: (1d20-4)[7]+1CON, -5 neg hp

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BelGareth's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    ಠ_ಠ
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Constantine's eyes widen as the giants barrel into his new companions, he watches as Izzy drops like a sack of potatoes, he instinctively moves closer and asks Warrick to go tend her while he begins to prepare a bomb, a snake like tendril appears from beneath his clothes handing him the regents and vials to create the bomb, it then slithers back into his clothing as Warrick slithers off to Izzy. He then places the bomb in his thrower, and lines up a shot on the other more wounded giant.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Command Warrick to move to Izzy (15ft) and then try to perform first aid Heal - (1d20+7)[16] DC 15
    Move action: Move 30 ft closer (or however far to get within 15ft of izzy)
    Standard: Throw Void bomb at the awake giant (range increment is 30ft)
    forgot PBS, so +1/+1
    Ranged Touch - (1d20+9)[20]
    Bludgeoning Damage - (3d4+6)[15] + Ref save vs DC 18 or be knocked prone and can't get up for 1 round, success means movement is reduced to 5ft.

    Constantine
    HP's: 48/48
    AC: 19 (21 vs evil)
    T: 13 FF: 16
    CMD: 17 FCMD: 14
    Init: +3
    Fort: +5 (+7 v E) Ref: +8 (+10 v E) Will: +3 (+5 v E)
    Effects: Shield (6 minutes), Protection from Evil (8/10)
    Bombs: 10/11/day
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2022-04-20 at 12:13 PM.
    "I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus
    Spoiler
    Show

    Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

    “Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi”
    Threat, Timer, Treat
    Discord

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    One of the giants falls down - asleep, unconscious or some such, Roger did not care about the details. He directed the horse to move closer a little, and shoots two more arrows at the other giant. The bird, meanwhile, dives in to pick up the club of the sleeping giant...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Jumbo does a flyby attack with grab or something. Not sure if I have to roll. Descending from behind the giants and then leveling out above the allied types. Some care is taken not to get AoO from the other giant.
    Roger guides with knees something under 30 feet. No penalty listed to full attack with a bow when the mount only does single move.
    The dogs are left for themselves.

    Longbow (durable cold iron arrow) (1d20+14)[30] for (1d8+4)[12] and (2d6+2)[6] extra (incl. -2/-0 rapid shot, +2/+0 justice, +2/+2 divine favor, +2/+2d6+2 bane)
    Longbow (durable cold iron arrow) (1d20+14)[20] for (1d8+4)[10] and (2d6+2)[8] extra (incl. -2/-0 rapid shot, +2/+0 justice, +2/+2 divine favor, +2/+2d6+2 bane)

    Justice in effect for +2/+0 until the end of combat
    Divine Favor in effect for +2/+2 for 8/10
    Bane in effect for +2/+2d6+2 for 5/6

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Timoshko's grin only widens when the giant returns his blow in kind. "Your blows are weak! This is Prowler land, begone!" As the giant pushes back to attack Izzy, he lashes out with his scythe again, drawing a new line of read across his enemy's flank.

    Perhaps most surprisingly, Timoshko gets angrier at the slight. "FACE ME, you coward!" he shrieks, pouncing on the giant's exposed back.

    Spoiler: Timoshko, round 2
    Show
    Timoshko Savarin, First Fang
    M Neutral (Evil?) Human - Duskprowler Clan Bloodrager 6 // Inquisitor 2, Level 6//2, Init 2, HP 48/51 60/63, Speed 40
    AC 15, BR: -2, -1 size, -1 dex (+2 protection from evil?) Touch 10, Flat-footed 15, CMD 20, Fort 9, Ref 4, Will 10 12, CMB +10/+5, Base Attack Bonus 6/1
    +1 Scythe +11/+6 (2d4+6, x4) BR: +13/+8 (2d6+10, x4)
    Claws (during BR only) +12/+12 (1d8+6, x2)
    Calamitous Mail (+5 Armor, +1 luck bonus to saves )
    Abilities Str 19 25, Dex 10 8, Con 14 18, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 11
    Condition Dimdweller: +2 intimidate, perception, stealth when in darkness; 60' darkvision
    Blood Sanctuary: +2 to saves vs allies' spells
    Corpse Cannibal: +2 fortitude saves vs disease
    Spell Eating

    Bloodrage (claws, demonic bulk): 14/16
    Judgement: 1/1
    Touch of Darkness: 5/5
    Hunger: 1/2

    If they moved past me, there's got to be an avenue for flanking, right?
    full attack action!
    (1d20+13)[23] Scythe (+2 flank, -2 power attack)
    (1d20+14)[27]CC (33 threat) (anatomist for +1 to confirm threats)
    (2d6+16)[19] damage
    (6d6+48)[67] crit bonus

    Iterative:
    (1d20+8)[19] Scythe (+2 flank, -2 power attack)
    (1d20+9)[28]CC (28 threat) (anatomist for +1 to confirm threats)
    (2d6+16)[24] damage
    (6d6+48)[73] crit bonus

    If it survives and provokes another aoo:
    (1d20+13)[27] Scythe (+2 flank, -2 power attack)
    (1d20+14)[30]CC (33 threat) (anatomist for +1 to confirm threats)
    (2d6+16)[25] damage
    (6d6+48)[65] crit bonus

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Daemon

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    Hastur’s various protections allowed him to deflect the giant’s blow, but he could feel the force behind the swing. Instantly, he understood his father’s death at a different very corporeal level. Grateful for his own defenses, he watched with horror when Isabelle dropped under a single blow. “<By Grox’s balls!>” he cursed in dwarven. Before he had witnessed her spear strike, he wouldn’t have been surprised, but seeing her prowess with the spear, he could tell there was more to the woman than his first impressions - no one with that level of training is delicate. This only confirmed his suspicion - giants hit hard.

    He moved about to battlefield to flank with Timoshko, and thrust his guisarme at the inside of the giant’s left leg.

    Spoiler: Hastur, round 3
    Show
    5-ft step for position (threaten and flanking)
    Standard attack (vs giant, FF, flank): (1d20+13)[24] Damage: (2d4+14)[21] (PA and furious strike)
    CC: (1d20+13)[32] Damage: (4d4+28)[38]

    If giants are evil and large (huge+) AC is 28 (29)

    if AoO (vs giant): (1d20+9)[16](+2 if flanking) Damage: (2d4+11)[16] (PA)
    CC: (1d20+9)[17] Damage: (4d4+28)[36]

    Spoiler: Hastur Status
    Show
    Hastur Stonemoor
    Male NG Dwarf Cleric / Disciple of the Pike Cavalier, Level 6//2, Init 1, HP 51/51, Speed 20
    AC 25, Touch 11, Flat-footed 24, CMD 19, Fort 7, Ref 3, Will 9, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 5
    Guisarme +1 (reach, trip) +10 (2d4+5, x3)
    Flail, heavy (disarm, trip) +8 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Full plate +1, (+10 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 vs evil)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 12, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10
    Condition Prot evil (8/10 rnds remaining) +2 AC/saves vs evil
    Ironskin (59/60) +4 enhancement to natural armor
    +1 AC vs large, +2 AC vs huge+

    Spells:
    Spoiler
    Show
    0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Create Water, Stabilize
    1: Barbed Chains 1/1
    Bless 1/1
    Murderous Command 1/1
    Shield of Faith 1/1
    1D: Shield 1/1
    2: Ironskin 0/1
    Prot Evil, Communal 0/1
    Sound burst 1/1
    Summon Monster II 1/1
    2D: Barkskin 1/1
    3: Dispel Magic 1/1
    Stone Shape 1/1
    Summon Monster III 1/1
    3D: Protection from Energy 1/1

    Race/Class:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dwarf:
    Stability: +4 racial to CMD vs bull rush or trip
    Deep Tradition: +1 melee attack / +1 AC vs AoO for drow, duergar, aberration, giant, orc
    Hardy: +2 saves racial for poison, spells, spell-like abilities
    Stonecunning: +2 on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking
    Darkvision: 60 feet
    Cavalier:
    Bigger They Are :+1(2) dodge to AC against large (huge+)
    Order of the Hero (+1 know to ID monster)
    Challenge 1/day : +2 damage (+3 if larger) -2 AC
    Cleric:
    Deflection Aura (1/day, lvl rnds, 20-ft, +2 defl AC + CMD)
    Ferocious strike +lvl/2 damage 7/day (5/7)

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Slumbering Tsar IC

    "Grah! Gumption!" One might think that Azvigo is naming the two giants, but in fact, he is simply swearing to himself as he fails twice to bring down his target. The half-orc's face pales as Izzy is torn open. This is going wrong so quickly, he thinks to himself. There must be something he can do!

    Praying that luck will find him this time, the archaeologist cracks his whip for the third time.

    Spoiler: Round 3 Actions
    Show
    Free action to renew Archeologist's Luck, move in closer to the conscious giant and go in for a trip!

    Trip Whip: (1d20+14)[20] vs. Giant CMD.

    Spoiler: Azvigo, Round 3
    Show
    Azvigo Douglass
    Male Lawful Good Half-Orc Bard (Archeologist) // Paladin (Virtuous Bravo), Level 6, Init 6, HP 54/54, Speed 30 ft
    AC 25, Touch 16, Flat-footed 21, CMD 20, Fort 12, Ref 15, Will 11, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 5
    +1 Whip +14 (1d4+8, x2)
    Rapier +12 (1d6+3, 18-20x2)
    +1 Mithral Chain Shirt (+5 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Natural)
    Abilities Str 11, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Condition None
    Active Effects Shield (+4 shield AC), Protection from Evil (+2 deflection AC), Archeologist's Luck (+3 luck attack, damage, skills, saves)
    Bard Spells Known 0th level (∞) -- dancing lights, detect magic, ghost sound, mage hand, message, prestidigitation
    1st level (5/5) -- heightened awareness, saving finale, tamer's lash, silent image
    2nd level (4/4) -- gallant inspiration, invisibility, mirror image, trapfinder's focus
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2022-04-20 at 09:34 PM.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:

    Currently Playing:

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •