New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Default Iron Station Savage Masks IC II

Welcome to Thread II! You may read the first thread here!

When we last left our heroes:

Keith and Will had headed to Bastion College to gather more information about Benjamin Burnly, a student there that was said to have gained superpowers from a new drug on the streets called Nova.

John and Calvin were speaking on the rooftop of Arturo's, a well-known sandwich shop in West Side.

Louis was speaking to Raphael, Sidney, and Ryker in the kitchen over plates of delicious pancakes.

Arturo's
    Miguel quickly comes back with a sweet tea and water, setting them down on the table. "Holler if you need anything Cal!"

Kitchen
    Sidney smiles at Raphael as he goes to leave. "Thank you. I really appreciate that."

Ryker nods at the West Sider in silent thanks.

Raphael
    The Maitre'd's gaze glides contemptuously over Raphael's attire. "I assume you're not here for the special event? Our doors normally don't open until 4pm." He sighs, then grabs the mic on his collar. "Marie, someone is here for you."

A few moments later the short blonde woman that Nightgaunt saved from a trio of muggers bustles down from the sweeping staircase to the left of the main dining room. She tilts her head, trying to place Raphael. "What can I do for you?"

Keith
    "It is a **** shame he's not here," Terry sighs. "It was off-campus, so that party was wild, man." He looks around, and sees that they're isolated on that side of the field. "Can I tell you somethin'? I won't get in trouble, right? This dude showed up at the party and he was offerin' this new drug that he called Nova. Some of the guys bullied Ben into takin' it first. It was like he was a whole 'nother person. I saw him take two girls upstairs, even though was goin' out with Alli. He never would've done that. He's not that kinda guy. Later, I saw him rust one of the chairs on the back porch and pick it up with his mind. I've known Ben for three years; he's not a meta."

Terry looks back over at Keith. "I heard the guy that gave Ben that drug is supposed to be at a party tonight in a warehouse down in Bywater. I don't have more than that. I wasn't gonna go. That dude scared me. I don't trust him."

William
    The Sunshine Baking Company is about a ten minute walk away. Emi does most the talking for the two of them, though Grayson does occasionally interject.
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-04-18 at 09:31 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC II

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Keith
    "It is a **** shame he's not here," Terry sighs. "It was off-campus, so that party was wild, man." He looks around, and sees that they're isolated on that side of the field. "Can I tell you somethin'? I won't get in trouble, right? This dude showed up at the party and he was offerin' this new drug that he called Nova. Some of the guys bullied Ben into takin' it first. It was like he was a whole 'nother person. I saw him take two girls upstairs, even though was goin' out with Alli. He never would've done that. He's not that kinda guy. Later, I saw him rust one of the chairs on the back porch and pick it up with his mind. I've known Ben for three years; he's not a meta."

Terry looks back over at Keith. "I heard the guy that gave Ben that drug is supposed to be at a party tonight in a warehouse down in Bywater. I don't have more than that. I wasn't gonna go. That dude scared me. I don't trust him."
    Crowe looks along with Terry to make sure they're isolated and nods. "Anything you tell me stays between us man, and if anyone above me asks, I never got your name. I promise you won't get in any trouble." He smiles at the kid. He could tell he was scared of the information and had no idea what to do with it. Besides, he was a regular kid just trying to do right by his friend.

Crowe listens intently to Terry as he explains everything "From what I've learned so far today, that seems way out of character." Crowe shakes his head. Especially with how Emi said Allison was worried, he figured something else had to be at play. "I'm actually tryin' to figure out what's goin' on with that Nova stuff. Trust me, Terry, you dodged a bullet by not takin' it if you didn't. I know they tell ya all through school that drugs are bad but that one is somethin' else. I can't blame ya at all for bein' scared of the dude either."

Crowe takes a deep breath before continuing. "I honestly want to help Ben get better, or at least make sure he doesn't get hurt or hurt anyone he cares about. And thank you for all the help dude, I really appreciate it. And if the guy you're talkin' about is who I think it is, well, be safe tonight alright man? And seriously, thank you again." Crowe smiles and goes to fist bump Terry before making his way back over to Kylie. "And knock'em out tonight!"

When he's back over with Kylie, he'll let his suit melt back into his shadow. "Got a lot of info on Ben and that rave tonight. May have taken a bit longer than needed but we can head over to meet everyone else." Keith says it with a grin. He hops the fence again so they can get back outside of the stadium and starts to walk with her to Sunshine's.

As they walk, Keith starts to think of everything he wanted to say and figures now is just as good a time as any. "H-hey Kylie, I was wondering if you would like to catch a movie or maybe grab dinner with me sometime. Just the two of us." He started rubbing the back of his neck, trying to grasp the right words to say. "You're an awesome person and, and I really like you and spending time with you."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-04-18 at 10:23 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    Kylie stops in the middle of the sidewalk. If he meets her gaze, she stares intently at him. “Keith… are you asking me out? Like on a date?”

4. - Top - End - #4

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Kylie stops in the middle of the sidewalk. If he meets her gaze, she stares intently at him. “Keith… are you asking me out? Like on a date?”
    Keith stops when Kylie does, and starts to get really nervous. Probably good that he didn't eat this morning because his stomach was doing some major backflips. He looks to meet her gaze and is knocked back mentally by her eyes. "Yes, I am. I would like to go out on a date with you, Kylie." Words were becoming hard to work with.

In the back of his head, that voice in the dark just popped up. Holy **** you actually asked her out......... But dude you GOTTA work on your way with words! Why is it you can talk to anyone else just fine and then you go all stupid in the head here? I mean it's hilarious but man!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    Kylie blinks, looking down at the sidewalk. A couple of people walk around the two of them. “Look, Keith… you’re a great friend,” she says, not meeting his gaze. “I just—“

She looks up, searching for the right words before she decides to just go with her gut. “I have someone that I like too. And it’s not you. I don’t think that’s fair to you.” Kylie sighs and mumbles, ”Then again, he hasn’t noticed me for two years.”

Kylie finally meets Keith’s gaze again. “Give me a few days to think it over, okay? If you’re still interested.”

OOC: I’m going to have Keith mark Insecure on his sheet

6. - Top - End - #6

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Kylie blinks, looking down at the sidewalk. A couple of people walk around the two of them. “Look, Keith… you’re a great friend,” she says, not meeting his gaze. “I just—“

She looks up, searching for the right words before she decides to just go with her gut. “I have someone that I like too. And it’s not you. I don’t think that’s fair to you.” Kylie sighs and mumbles, ”Then again, he hasn’t noticed me for two years.”

Kylie finally meets Keith’s gaze again. “Give me a few days to think it over, okay? If you’re still interested.”

OOC: I’m going to have Keith mark Insecure on his sheet
    Keith looks down at the ground after she gets the first few words out, and then nods and looks up smiling rather softly. "I understand. Won't lie that I'm kinda curious about who, but I do get what you mean."

Inside his head was just a mix of laughing and something he thought might have been slight disappointment. Hey, ya still managed to say it and not completely **** up. But man, bet you know EXACTLY what Calvin was feelin'! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh hey, we should go do something crazy, just blow off some steam! Shut up other me.

Keith met Kylie's gaze again still with the soft smile. "Take all the time you need ok?" It was odd, he gets rejected and tries to make her feel comfortable. Then again, nothing else he can really say about it.

Spoiler: Rolls, Mechanics, OOC
    Show

Pie: 2d6 9

OOC: I FEEL SO DIRTY EVEN DOING THIS!

After about another minute he takes a deep breath and rubs the back of his neck. "We should probably go ahead and meet up with everyone. And seriously, thanks for showin' me around Bastion today."

7. - Top - End - #7

NinjaGuy

Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by Raphael
    "I think it sounds like you can handle it." Raphael says with a smile and an exaggerated eye roll. Raphael stands, collects his and any other empty plates within reach and dumps em in the sink before turning and walking out with a mock salute. "I'm gonna get changed and go handle my reservations, if something comes up. lemme know."
    "Appreciate it!" Louis says, thanking Raphael. "I'll try to keep you updated."

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker and Sidney
    “I bet if you asked him, Aeryn would make you a different flavor of pancakes every morning,” Ryker says. “Not kidding. He’d do it.”

After reading the note, Sidney tears up. She flushes a little, wiping her eyes. “Sorry. I’m not usually so weepy.”

“Don’t worry about it baby. You’ve been through a lot in the past twenty-four hours,” Ryker says, squeezing her hand.

Sidney turns her attention back to Louis. “Do you… think I could see him? I don’t want to put him in any danger, but it’s obvious he’s hurting.”
    Louis looses a heavy sigh. "I really want to take you to see him but... I don't think I can. Not until we're sure you've completely recovered up here." He finishes by tapping his temple. "I can't risk letting anything happen to either of you."

He runs a hand back through his hair as he considers something. "But if you wanted to write him a letter or send something his way I'd have no problem delivering it for you?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreataxeFighterGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mmdeforrest View Post
    “Just water, please,” John replied and waited for him to go.

“I noticed that you are a lot more relaxed here than you are back at the base,” John said, turning back to Calvin. “I gather that you’ve been coming here for years?”
    "Yeah this was an old haunt of me and my Dad's back when he was still working with ISPD."Calvin says thinking back fondly of the time he spent here with his father. "Him and Marco go way back. And me and Miggy have been cool since we could both walk. I go to family events and Helped tia Carla and abuela here when Marco fell off a ladder and broke his leg. I've known these guys forever and I've know the team for like 6 months maybe. And while Lou and Will are cool, Not everyone is as easy to get along with."

9. - Top - End - #9

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HIDA View Post
    "Yeah this was an old haunt of me and my Dad's back when he was still working with ISPD."Calvin says thinking back fondly of the time he spent here with his father. "Him and Marco go way back. And me and Miggy have been cool since we could both walk. I go to family events and Helped tia Carla and abuela here when Marco fell off a ladder and broke his leg. I've known these guys forever and I've know the team for like 6 months maybe. And while Lou and Will are cool, Not everyone is as easy to get along with."
    “So I gathered,” John said, picking up his Cuban. “The tension was pretty thick when I arrived last week. You can add that to the ‘if you need to talk about it’ list, should you need a sounding board or a place to vent.”

John took a bite of his sandwich, chewing happily. “You were absolutely correct about this Cuban. It’s fantastic.”

John paused before taking another bite. “Louis and William aren’t the only two you think positively about you. Ryker trusted you enough to be part of a pretty sensitive mission. He’s a little gruff, I grant you, but having you along it s kind of acceptance.”

John smiled a little mischievously. “Who knows? Another week with Sidney around and he may even begin to act like he isn’t ready to swing on us at any given moment.

“It had to be tough on him,” John observed, looking off into the distance. “He’s had to switch teams and partnerships a handful of times in the last year. Coming out of his background with the Rooks. I’d imagine there’s a good bit of concern we’ll abandon or turn on him at some point.” He glanced back to Calvin. “If he is able to get over that, you will have been a big part in helping him by going along to help bring Sidney in safely.”

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Keith
    Kylie sighs, looking down at her shoes before she looks back at Keith. “It’s Zack, okay? He’s always been super sweet to me, but he has that on again off again girlfriend and I never know if he’s still with her. I wish she’d just decide to leave him or stay, then I’d know what to do.”

“Sorry for dumping that on you Keith,” she says a little sheepishly. “It’s just frustrating, and not fair to you. I just need to sort out my feelings.”

Kylie starts back on the way to Sunshine Bakery. “It was no problem showing you around the school. Like I said earlier, it was really great seeing you again.”

Louis
    Sidney’s face falls as Louis says that she shouldn’t see her dad and she looses a heavy sigh. “I feel so good now though, but, you’re right, it might not last. I have no idea when I could lose it again.”

“Sid,” Ryker says, demanding her attention. “We’re gonna get you fixed. Permanently. I swear it. No matter what I have to do.”

She nods and smiles, though it doesn’t reach her eyes. “I know you’d do anything for me, Ryker. Just don’t get too deep into anything. I know you.”

“Please, baby,” Ryker says with a confident grin. He hold his arms out wide. “I can handle anything.”

Sidney smiles for real this time and rolls her eyes before she looks back at Louis. “When were you going to visit my papa? I’ll have something written by then.”

11. - Top - End - #11

AssassinGuy

Keith
    Kylie sighs, looking down at her shoes before she looks back at Keith. “It’s Zack, okay? He’s always been super sweet to me, but he has that on again off again girlfriend and I never know if he’s still with her. I wish she’d just decide to leave him or stay, then I’d know what to do.”

“Sorry for dumping that on you Keith,” she says a little sheepishly. “It’s just frustrating, and not fair to you. I just need to sort out my feelings.”

Kylie starts back on the way to Sunshine Bakery. “It was no problem showing you around the school. Like I said earlier, it was really great seeing you again.”
    Keith keeps his expression the same as Kylie tells him, at least as best he can but his eyebrows do raise slightly only to be lowered when he realizes it. It just HAD to be that ****....... F- The internal screaming continues as his own inner tormentor decided to laugh it up.

Keith just tilts his head and looks at Kylie. "I can understand that, and yeah, I remember hearin' about her. I'm sorry Kylie." He runs his hand through his hair, scratching the back of his head. "Kylie, you have nothin' to apologize for okay? Like I said, just take all the time you need." The soft smile continues.

As they continue back towards Sunshine Bakery, Keith nods. "It was awesome getting to see you too, and a nice surprise seein' Grayson and Emi." He chuckles a bit. Then the voice starts back up. HA! Yeah laugh it up. Fake laugh, hiding real pain. Keith just felt slightly awkward the rest of the walk. Mostly worried he just put their entire friendship in jeopardy.

"Honestly wouldn't mind sittin' in on one of Dr. Hara's classes. Seems like a cool teacher."

12. - Top - End - #12

GreataxeFighterGuy

“So I gathered,” John said, picking up his Cuban. “The tension was pretty thick when I arrived last week. You can add that to the ‘if you need to talk about it’ list, should you need a sounding board or a place to vent.”

John took a bite of his sandwich, chewing happily. “You were absolutely correct about this Cuban. It’s fantastic.”

John paused before taking another bite. “Louis and William aren’t the only two you think positively about you. Ryker trusted you enough to be part of a pretty sensitive mission. He’s a little gruff, I grant you, but having you along it s kind of acceptance.”

John smiled a little mischievously. “Who knows? Another week with Sidney around and he may even begin to act like he isn’t ready to swing on us at any given moment.

“It had to be tough on him,” John observed, looking off into the distance. “He’s had to switch teams and partnerships a handful of times in the last year. Coming out of his background with the Rooks. I’d imagine there’s a good bit of concern we’ll abandon or turn on him at some point.” He glanced back to Calvin. “If he is able to get over that, you will have been a big part in helping him by going along to help bring Sidney in safely.”
    Calvin scoffs. "Ryker tolerates me and that's fine. He's got a halfway decent reason to be standoffish towards me as he assumed my initial decision on Menagerie is how I'd feel about Songbird. I don't mind Stella or Sidney. but I didn't and still dont sit right with me because they could be wrapping us up as a gift to Vibrato, or the River king, or a greater ****in demon and I'm was just supposed to be chill with it like it was a slumber party. We didn't even put a nullifier on Stella she's been treated like a teammate since the day after we fought her when she was a part of the River kings crew. How the hell can I try to keep my teammates safe when everyone is cool with the Trojan Horse?"

Calvin leans back in his chair after realizing his forward leaning posture was getting aggressive.

"And i can admit i probably didn't have to hit Raphael over it. But everyone is okay with the idea. Even Louis took a wait and see approach. I'm not saying i can't be wrong . I'm saying i don't want to be right."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Friend in Need:

"Hey Marie." Raphael says cheerfully, walking over to meet her. "Don't feel bad, you shouldn't recognize me from when we met." He says. "Is there somewhere we could chat for a minute? I'm sorry I haven't had a time to catch up with you since our chance encounter in the alley." He says quietly enough that the Maitre'd would have to work to overhear. His eyes very clearly plead with Marie to put 2 and 2 together.
    Last edited by big teej; 2022-04-19 at 09:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Raphael
    Marie looks confused for a moment before the lightbulb goes off in her head. She looks over Raphael's outfit and back at the Maitre'd. "Let's go out the front and around the side. He wouldn't be happy if I took you through the restaurant. I'm taking my fifteen," she calls over her shoulder as she goes through the double doors back the way Raphael came.

She takes him around the side back to the alley where they'd first met. "So this is what you look like, huh? I gotta admit, not what I was expecting. N-not in a bad way though," she mumbles the last part with a slight flush of her cheeks.

Keith and Will
    "I haven't been in one of his classes," Kylie says. "Emi's had him a lot though. He does seem like a nice guy."

When the two of them arrive, Emi, Grayson, and Will already have a table next to one of the giant windows in the front. Kylie scoots in next to Grayson, leaving Keith to Will's side of the table.

Emi looks up at Keith, face concerned. Kylie shares a meaningful glance with her before she picks up a menu from the table. "Did you guys order yet?"

"Just drinks," Grayson answers. "We got you that mocha thing you like, and a black coffee for Keith."
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-04-19 at 09:27 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Memory Lane:

Raphael crosses his hands over his heart and looks skyward, fluttering his eyelids. "You're much too kind." He says with a smile. "You seem to be doing well, I'm assuming the riff-raff has been conspicuously absent?" He tilts his head slightly. "I appreciate you wasting your break on me. I trust that you have been well?"

He looks down the alleyway, fixing his expression as he scans for the bloodstains of that night.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Raphael
    “I’ve been good,” Marie says. “I won’t say I don’t have nightmares about it, but it’s been getting better. Thank you again. I haven’t seen them again, and I also always make sure I take my break with one of the guys, just in case.”

Raphael can’t see any of the blood that was spattered about that day, but he can still smell it. Whoever cleaned it hadn’t gotten all of it.

“So what can I do for you? Surely this isn’t just a social visit.”

17. - Top - End - #17

AssassinGuy

Keith and Will
    "I haven't been in one of his classes," Kylie says. "Emi's had him a lot though. He does seem like a nice guy."

When the two of them arrive, Emi, Grayson, and Will already have a table next to one of the giant windows in the front. Kylie scoots in next to Grayson, leaving Keith to Will's side of the table.

Emi looks up at Keith, face concerned. Kylie shares a meaningful glance with her before she picks up a menu from the table. "Did you guys order yet?"

"Just drinks," Grayson answers. "We got you that mocha thing you like, and a black coffee for Keith."
    Keith sits down next to Will and smiles at the rest of the group. When Emi looks over at him and slightly smiles and picks up a menu.

At the mention of them ordering him a black coffee and he grinned. "Thank for that man! Honestly going to need it. That and should probably pick up some of the good coffee for West Side sometime." He shook his head. "Runnin' real low on my Blackbeard's Revenge." Having everyone else around helped make it less awkward, though he only had himself to blame for that.

Keith looked over at Emi and Grayson. "So what have y'all been up to?"

"So how'd it go with the locker room, Will?"
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-04-19 at 09:47 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18

OldWizardGuy

Calvin scoffs. "Ryker tolerates me and that's fine. He's got a halfway decent reason to be standoffish towards me as he assumed my initial decision on Menagerie is how I'd feel about Songbird. I don't mind Stella or Sidney. but I didn't and still dont sit right with me because they could be wrapping us up as a gift to Vibrato, or the River king, or a greater ****in demon and I'm was just supposed to be chill with it like it was a slumber party. We didn't even put a nullifier on Stella she's been treated like a teammate since the day after we fought her when she was a part of the River kings crew. How the hell can I try to keep my teammates safe when everyone is cool with the Trojan Horse?"

Calvin leans back in his chair after realizing his forward leaning posture was getting aggressive.

"And i can admit i probably didn't have to hit Raphael over it. But everyone is okay with the idea. Even Louis took a wait and see approach. I'm not saying i can't be wrong . I'm saying i don't want to be right."
    “I can understand your concern and I think if I hadn’t had some different kinds of experiences. Of course, I arrived after Stella had been folded into the team but my personal encounter with her curse was a rather intense confirmation of that part of her story. I was even worried about bringing Sidney in.

“Not that I seem to have allowed my caution to rule my reaction there,” John observed rolling his eyes at himself.

“I think there’s a difference between some of us, relative to how secret we keep our identity. When I warned everyone that Sidney was arriving, no one seemed to feel the need to put on their uniforms. It was strange, to say the least.

“Anyway, if they aren’t concerned about that, that may explain why they are more laissez-faire about these things. Personally, I don’t get it. But I do get your concern and I think it was quite prudent to worry about it.

“Maybe not taking a swing at people, as you point out,” John joked. “But I do think you were right to be concerned. I’d still be concerned if it weren’t for my personal connections.” He chuckled. “Strangely, I think I may have more questions about some of the team than I do about Stella and Sidney.

“Weird.”
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2022-04-19 at 11:00 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

GreataxeFighterGuy

======

“I can understand your concern and I think if I hadn’t had some different kinds of experiences. Of course, I arrived after Stella had been folded into the team but my personal encounter with her curse was a rather intense confirmation of that part of her story. I was even worried about bringing Sidney in.

“Not that I seem to have allowed my caution to rule my reaction there,” John observed rolling his eyes at himself.

“I think there’s a difference between some of us, relative to how secret we keep our identity. When I warned everyone that Sidney was arriving, no one seemed to feel the need to put on their uniforms. It was strange, to say the least.

“Anyway, if they aren’t concerned about that, that may explain why they are more laissez-faire about these things. Personally, I don’t get it. But I do get your concern and I think it was quite prudent to worry about it.

“Maybe not taking a swing at people, as you point out,” John joked. “But I do think you were right to be concerned. I’d still be concerned if it weren’t for my personal connections.” He chuckled. “Strangely, I think I may have more questions about some of the team than I do about Stella and Sidney.

“Weird.”
    "I agree. There seems to be a prevailing notion that everything will always turn out great but seeing my dad work as a kid and seeing what people with power of any kind can do with it, vigilance is kinda mandatory in our line of work." Calvin says.

"But maybe its a thing that needs to be experienced. To be honest, I have my reservations about you, but when they were more harsh, I was dealing with other more personal issues at the time. So if I came off as distant or cold I apologize but it was likely for the best." Calvin says looking back at the city. He points his finger to the tall building John mentioned earlier "Beside the Stadium is Briggs Tower. It marks the line between Westside and Northside The stadium is technically shared responsibility between North and west but it lies on our side of things. Bastion is that way."

20. - Top - End - #20

OldWizardGuy

"I agree. There seems to be a prevailing notion that everything will always turn out great but seeing my dad work as a kid and seeing what people with power of any kind can do with it, vigilance is kinda mandatory in our line of work." Calvin says.

"But maybe its a thing that needs to be experienced. To be honest, I have my reservations about you, but when they were more harsh, I was dealing with other more personal issues at the time. So if I came off as distant or cold I apologize but it was likely for the best." Calvin says looking back at the city. He points his finger to the tall building John mentioned earlier "Beside the Stadium is Briggs Tower. It marks the line between Westside and Northside The stadium is technically shared responsibility between North and west but it lies on our side of things. Bastion is that way."
    “No need for apologies,” John responded after swallowing another bite of his Cuban. “The entire team didn’t know me from Adam’s house cat and I came in tow of an AEGIS agent from another continent without any local voice to vouch for me. Not even Seraph knew me as anything other than a consultant who had been foisted on him. There’s not a lot there to hang instant trust on.

John thought back to the coffin that he suspected few, if any other team members, knew about. “All we have right now is blind trust and hope.”

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Will and Keith
    “There isn’t much to report over the last week since you’ve been gone,” Emi says. “We’ve fought a few demons over East Side, but the biggest one we’ve found Ian and Zack took care of easily.”

“Oh, there was something a couple days ago when I was watching late night news,” Kylie adds. “Did you guys see that Songbird escaped from a convoy headed out of town? She exploded the armored truck she was in, despite having a nullifier on, and hasn’t been seen since. That was what? Four days ago? I can’t believe ISPD hasn’t found her yet.”

Grayson shrugs. His black nails drum on the table in a quick two step pattern. “I’m sure she had several safe houses set up. Even though Coldfront’s been going around destroying what Rooks property she can.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-04-20 at 08:36 AM.

22. - Top - End - #22

GreataxeFighterGuy

“No need for apologies,” John responded after swallowing another bite of his Cuban. “The entire team didn’t know me from Adam’s house cat and I came in tow of an AEGIS agent from another continent without any local voice to vouch for me. Not even Seraph knew me as anything other than a consultant who had been foisted on him. There’s not a lot there to hang instant trust on.

John thought back to the coffin that he suspected few, if any other team members, knew about. “All we have right now is blind trust and hope.”
    "That's really not a lot to go on." Calvin says, finally taking a bit of his sandwich. His whole expression changes. "Marco is truly incredible. They still taste just like when i was a kid. Me and my dad loved these." He said, taking another bite.

"You gotten to talk to your family recently?"

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Will holds his cup of coffee with both hands as he talks to Emilia and Grayson. When Keith arrives William will move to one side of the booth to allow Keith to slide in. "Pretty successful, the helpful fellow let me know when and where this is happening so now we won't get lost on our way there," Will says with a wink. Picking up his menu William browses the options idly drumming his fingers on the laminated paper while he listens to the others. Looking through the options he stops at one and leans towards Keith "What even is this?" He says pointing to the Vegan Zucchini Brownie.
    “There isn’t much to report over the last week since you’ve been gone,” Emi says. “We’ve fought a few demons over East Side, but the biggest one we’ve found Ian and Zack took care of easily.”

“Oh, there was something a couple days ago when I was watching late night news,” Kylie adds. “Did you guys see that Songbird escaped from a convoy headed out of town? She exploded the armored truck she was in, despite having a nullifier on, and hasn’t been seen since. That was what? Four days ago? I can’t believe ISPD hasn’t found her yet.”

Grayson shrugs. His black nails drum on the table in a quick two step pattern. “I’m sure she had several safe houses set up. Even though Coldfront’s been going around destroying what Rooks property she can.”
    Will stops drumming his fingers at the mention of Songbird. His chest felt a little tight and he had a sense of unease wash over him. Setting down his menu Will motions for Keith to allow him to leave the booth. "I'll be right back, I have to make a call really quick." Getting up from the table William walks out of the building to the parking lot outside. Quickly pulling out his phone William dials Seraph's number. Listening to the phone dial William wipes the sweat off his hand in anticipation.

Spoiler: Call to Seraph
    Show
    Should Seraph pick up William will speak in a forced hushed voice -
    "Hello sir, is Sydney still at the base?"
    "Are you aware that she blew up an armoured truck while having a nullifier collar on? Are you 100% sure it's safe for her to be at our base?"

Should Seraph not pick up William will try again 2 more times before returning to the table.

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialTM View Post
    Will holds his cup of coffee with both hands as he talks to Emilia and Grayson. When Keith arrives William will move to one side of the booth to allow Keith to slide in. "Pretty successful, the helpful fellow let me know when and where this is happening so now we won't get lost on our way there," Will says with a wink. Picking up his menu William browses the options idly drumming his fingers on the laminated paper while he listens to the others. Looking through the options he stops at one and leans towards Keith "What even is this?" He says pointing to the Vegan Zucchini Brownie.
    Keith smirks as Will tells him what he had learned and nods. "Awesome news there! Guys on the team were helpful too, though seems like there's an even bigger problem goin' on. Seems like everythin' about Ben down to his personality changed as well. Also sounded like he was dared to take the stuff by some of the others on the team." Keith shakes his head.

Keith grimaced seeing what Will was pointing at. "It's supposed to be a healthy non-animal cruelty alternative. Tried it once and...... " Keith shakes his head at Will. "Would take some gettin' used to."

Will and Keith

Keith nods and smiles as he keeps looking through the menu. "Sounds like some lesser ones thankfully. Hopefully y'all don't come across some of them like yesterday." Keith's hands shook a little bit reaching for his coffee. He took a deep breath when he noticed it and realized that most of East Side were much physically stronger than he was. They would most likely be fine. "Some advice though, if you guys run into one that's black and white, with two extra limbs comin' outa its back, physical attacks. Me and Polaris got ambushed by one and it absorbed fire and darkness. Not sure what else it could have but just a precaution. Oh and stay away from its head." Keith chuckles a bit. "Man, after gettin' knocked outa the sky by that thing, I need my back cracked to the point it just realigns my chakras and sends me into an astral projected state."

At the mention of Songbird, Keith stops mid-sip of his coffee and his eyebrows raise. "Wait she broke out while in a nullifier?" He then nodded with Grayson's comment. "True, she probably would have a lot of safe houses. Though something still seems off about the entire thing. Like the kidnapping was so out of character, just seems like something else might be at play there."

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialTM View Post
    Will stops drumming his fingers at the mention of Songbird. His chest felt a little tight and he had a sense of unease wash over him. Setting down his menu Will motions for Keith to allow him to leave the booth. "I'll be right back, I have to make a call really quick." Getting up from the table William walks out of the building to the parking lot outside. Quickly pulling out his phone William dials Seraph's number. Listening to the phone dial William wipes the sweat off his hand in anticipation.
    Keith looked over at Will and nodded, getting up out of the way for Will to make his call. He also just remembered that they never explicitly told Will that Sid was wanted. Then again, even with her being whammied by Vibrato, there's no telling what those machines of hers could do on their own. "No worries man."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Sunshine’s
    “You mean the one with all the teeth?” Grayson asks. “That sounds like what Ian and Zack fought.”

Kylie nods. “Based on what you said, Keith, I’d have trouble taking it down, so I’m glad they were they ones that found it. It wasn’t too far from the hospital, right when Aimee and I were being discharged. Ian and Zack were coming to pick me up.”

Kylie looks confused when Keith mentions that it seemed out of character for Songbird to have kidnapped someone. “You know her personally or something? I don’t think it seems weird for a villain to ransom someone for money, especially when you have someone like Vitriol helping you out.”

“He put me in the hospital,” Grayson says, shuddering as he remembers that fight. “I had just joined the team, and I thought I could handle one guy while the rest of the team pursued a couple of other Rooks.”

William
    The phone picks up on the first ring, but it’s Mimi that answers. “Seraph is currently asleep. Is this something that I could help you with, William?”

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Sunshine’s
    “You mean the one with all the teeth?” Grayson asks. “That sounds like what Ian and Zack fought.”

Kylie nods. “Based on what you said, Keith, I’d have trouble taking it down, so I’m glad they were they ones that found it. It wasn’t too far from the hospital, right when Aimee and I were being discharged. Ian and Zack were coming to pick me up.”

Kylie looks confused when Keith mentions that it seemed out of character for Songbird to have kidnapped someone. “You know her personally or something? I don’t think it seems weird for a villain to ransom someone for money, especially when you have someone like Vitriol helping you out.”

“He put me in the hospital,” Grayson says, shuddering as he remembers that fight. “I had just joined the team, and I thought I could handle one guy while the rest of the team pursued a couple of other Rooks.”
    Keith nods at Grayson when he askes about the demon. "Yeah that's the one. Nearly took my head off." Keith looks at Kylie as she mentions when she and Aimee were discharged. "Oh dang, yeah they would have finished it easy." His internal screaming began again.

At Kylie and Grayson's responses about Songbird and Ryker, Keith realizes exactly just how bad he messed up. They have no idea what is going on and how this even went down. "Can't say I know her personally, just what all has been reported. Just seemed like an odd escalation." He took a deep breath hearing it all out.

"I had no idea, im so sorry Grayson." Keith grimaces. "He came over with the South Side team and it's been..... a bit more than weird getting information on past cases." Keith looks down at his hands, now torn since his old friends and new friends are so at odds. Not many would understand his thoughts on giving people second chances. He had no idea that Ryker had put his best friend in the hospital. "I'm sorry you guys. It's also part of the emergency meetin' that we had this mornin'. Seraph thinks that there's more at play, but we're going to look into it more after this rave tonight."

Keith sighs. "Seems like ever since I went to West Side the world has just gone topsy-turvy." He shook his head. "Sometimes I really hate Uncle's training to look at and think of everythin'."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2022-04-20 at 06:12 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Sunshine’s
    “I’d heard that they made him join a provisional team as ‘punishment’,” Grayson says. His knee starts to jitter under the table as the air around him drops a few degrees. “What the hell kinda punishment is that? Is he just as bad as when he broke my ribs?”

Emi puts her hand on Grayson’s shoulder and he starts a little. He lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and it frosts up the table before Kylie quickly places her palm on the table to get rid of the ice and warms the air before the few people can notice.

“S-sorry,” he mutters, eyes downcast. “I guess I was getting a little too worked up. When we fought, I thought he was going to kill me. I just can’t believe that they put him on a team.”
    Last edited by InTheMachine; 2022-04-20 at 07:12 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

AssassinGuy

Sunshine’s
    “I’d heard that they made him join a provisional team as ‘punishment’,” Grayson says. His knee starts to jitter under the table as the air around him drops a few degrees. “What the hell kinda punishment is that? Is he just as bad as when he broke my ribs?”

Emi puts her hand on Grayson’s shoulder and he starts a little. He lets out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and it frosts up the table before Kylie quickly places her palm on the table to get rid of the ice and warms the air before the few people can notice.

“S-sorry,” he mutters, eyes downcast. “I guess I was getting a little too worked up. When we fought, I thought he was going to kill me. I just can’t believe that they put him on a team.”
    Keith shakes his head and smiles to comfort his friend. "No I get what you mean, it is kind of an odd punishment. Maybe it's somethin' like a public display that they used to do." Keith sighs. "I should apologize to you Grayson. Didn't mean to get you worked up like that."

"Honestly I should apologize to all of you." Keith says, looking down at the table. "Wasn't meanin' to bring down the mood." Keith takes a deep breath trying to settle his mind. It was unusual, he normally didn't cause such issues with them. Maybe it was just his nerves from earlier. C'mon Keith, get ahold of yourself. Just more inner turmoil since the Ryker he knew was not who everyone else knew. Oh and just the anticipation of what Kylie might say, oh, and the fact he needed to make sure to survive tonight. No pressure!

"I'm sorry you guys."

29. - Top - End - #29

OldWizardGuy

"That's really not a lot to go on." Calvin says, finally taking a bit of his sandwich. His whole expression changes. "Marco is truly incredible. They still taste just like when i was a kid. Me and my dad loved these." He said, taking another bite.

"You gotten to talk to your family recently?"
    “This past weekend,” John replied. “We try to talk once a week. It got a little trickier when I was in London but we still managed it most weeks. We dance around the question of what I am specifically doing. Dad’s line is secure enough but I think they are trying to figure out how much they want to know. Dad observed that it was like having a son serving in a war — although Mom added it was like having a decorated son. Regardless, what parent wants their child in danger?

“We haven’t figured out how to tell my brother and sister yet. We’re still working through that.”

“What about you? How often are you able to catch up with your family?”

30. - Top - End - #30

GreataxeFighterGuy

“This past weekend,” John replied. “We try to talk once a week. It got a little trickier when I was in London but we still managed it most weeks. We dance around the question of what I am specifically doing. Dad’s line is secure enough but I think they are trying to figure out how much they want to know. Dad observed that it was like having a son serving in a war — although Mom added it was like having a decorated son. Regardless, what parent wants their child in danger?

“We haven’t figured out how to tell my brother and sister yet. We’re still working through that.”

“What about you? How often are you able to catch up with your family?”
    "Haven't spoken to them since joining up with AEGIS." Calvin says reflectively, thinking of the last time he talked to his family. "I told my father I was joining up. and I was told I wasn't welcomed back. He hasn't tried to call or see me and my line has been blocked on their phones. Legally I'm an adult so there's nothing I can really do about it but i hope to run into them out and about getting groceries or at the mall but nothing. I haven't even seen the twins." Calvin pauses a moment as he replays their last moment together. Helping them with homework. He hasn't seen them and he doesn't know what's been happening with them.

"I-I'm glad you get to keep up with your family. Having people there for you is really... really nice, you know?."