New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Minecraft 1.16.5 (modded) overwritten armor values and attack speeds

I used some mods that set the attack speed, armor and armor toughness values to maximum on every single tool I have. I then proceeded to remove the mods that caused this, and every world I since created has the regular values again.

My question is where altered armor values are stored within the save folder, since the problem appears to be in the folder of that world.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft 1.16.5 (modded) overwritten armor values and attack speeds

It probably depends on what mod you were using and how the mods decided to do it.

What I'm guessing happened is that the mods you were using replaced the recipes for tools to instead craft the same tool but with additional NBT to change the attributes. In which case, the "Altered Armor Values" are all stored on the end result items themselves, individually. The values wouldn't be connected to any setting in a world file, just somewhere in your <player>.dat or the region file there's an inventory that has a minecraft:iron_axe({AttributeModifiers:[{AttributeName:"generic.attack_damage", Name:"generic.attack_damage", Amount:2048, Operation:0, UUID:[I; 42853, 1689024593, -201178, -1559272105]}]} 1 which is unique amount all other iron axes in the game, even those that also have max damage.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."