Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default [Feat] Improved Dispelling

I have been toying with this idea for awhile. While Elven Spell Lore grants a +2 bonus to dispel checks, as far as I can tell, there is no dedicated feat for increasing the effectiveness of dispel attempts.

In keeping in line with Elven Spell Lore prereqs, I thought it was appropriate to keep 12 ranks in knowledge(arcana) as a prereq.

For a conservative bonus, I thought that +3 to dispel attempts would seem reasonable. Would a +4 bonus be too large? I am having a hard time estimating the equivalence of energy substitution with one spell.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [Feat] Improved Dispelling

Hmm... I like the +4. Its a nice round number. However, if this feat builds after elven spell lore, then i say it should be a +3. And I think that shis feat should be on the bonus feats for wizards. But that's just me
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern.
    If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature (mine was on an airship)

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.

I now have an apprentice wizard!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanis View Post
    1st point: You summoned that? Wow, you magnificent b*stard son of a munchkin. Are you accepting apprentice applications?