Loxodon Rune Knight Fighter
    AC: 18 HP: 22/64
    PPer: 12 PInv: 10 PIns: 20
    Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1
    Frost Rune: 0/1 | Stone Rune: 1/1
    Giant's Might: 3/3
    Traits: Darkvision 120ft
    Conditions: --

Hmm? Ondros replies to Red, Did I? He looks around, Oh, it seems I did. Those are nasty buggers. He waits as Red inspects the area and then pulls the thing out. He lingers around the strange woman, seemingly confused if he should leave her or watch over her. To the captain he says, I'd as soon leave a sign there warning others to stay away and never return to that tower.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

"Wow, you guys really had a big fight, eh? Also, you all really stink."
    Nolwenn lets the halfling's observation sit in the air for a whole couple seconds before she turns to her and delivers straight-faced: "You know what? We didn't notice."

_____

Nolwenn had sought out Cyril as soon as she had cleaned herself up, leaving the previously goop-covered garments hanging on the rail, unsure if she can afford to throw them out or not. The dragonborn finds the source of the wizard's pain easily enough, but extracting the foreign object proves to be more difficult than predicted. She grits her teeth to avoid screaming the second time the ship's surgeon goes in for the spine, and her vision is starting to go dark when she hears a laugh of triumph, followed by the sweet relief of the spike being removed.

Still breathing heavily, she lays her head back and closes her eyes, thinking about how she's going to need to clean up again, but the revelation of what exactly has been removed can't wait. Nolwenn looks on in horror at the wriggling spine. "The others! We need to..." but Red is already on it as the wizard rouses herself.

_____

Nolwenn catches up with Red as he's removing the spine from Ondros. "You didn't notice?" she remarks, stunned by the loxodon's endurance. Hers had hurt like a new hell was growing in her arm! "Alright, we're going to need to check everyone who was injured," she announces, "just"--a moment of dizziness reminds her of the severity of her own injuries--"give me a moment."

And that means you too, Des!
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2024-05-06 at 08:15 PM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Troll in the Playground

The Red Horns had used a simple prestidigitation to clean himself and Ondros, before he went to work. Now he looked to Draelin:

"Oh, right, Draelin, you caught a few as well, didn't you?"

On the way over to him he made a detour to Nolwenn and touched her lightly, letting flow healing energies to keep the wizard going.

"Right, let's see what we have here. Don't move, this could hurt a little."

Spoiler
    Show

Cure Wounds on Nolwenn (1d8+5)[9]

Medicine - Exploration on Draelin (1d20+3)[18]/(1d20+3)[17]+(1d4)[2]

Medicine extraction (1d20+3)[23]/(1d20+3)[17]+(1d4)[2]+(1d6)[1]

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ondros
    Loxodon Rune Knight Fighter
    AC: 18 HP: 21/64
    PPer: 12 PInv: 10 PIns: 20
    Second Wind: 1/1 | Action Surge: 1/1
    Frost Rune: 0/1 | Stone Rune: 1/1
    Giant's Might: 3/3
    Traits: Darkvision 120ft
    Conditions: --

Ondros nods in thanks to Red as he cleans off the slime and stench from Ondros. He looms over Red as the man works to get the spines out of Draelin. He winces, How are you feeling Draelin?

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Nolwenn is stuck between not wanting to tear her eyes away from Red's work for a second and pacing anxiously. A few times, she editorializes on the undead tiefling's work to varying degrees of helpfulness, from a "Wait! A little to the left!" here to a "Oooh, stop pulling, it needs a deeper cut" there. When he finishes, she waits for Draelin's answer to the loxodon's question before allowing herself to breathe a sigh of relief.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Barbarian in the Playground

Draelin looked up at the loxodon and said, "I feel like I almost died. And like I'm not far from it again."

Eku, who had been trying to communicate in vain to the ex-prisoner, came over to Draelin. She laid her hands on his chest, closed her eyes, and began to chant softly. The many wounds caused by the fight and the surgeries began to close, until the elf's skin was smooth and undamaged. He still looked very pale.

Grabbing Eku's hand, he squeezed it and thanked her. He then lay in his hammock to rest.

Azaka wrinkled her nose in revulsion of the twitching spines. Slapping her closed fist on her chest, she declared, "I will go with you to fight this monster. Will we fight today, or tomorrow?"
    Last edited by agignac; Yesterday at 06:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Chult game links
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

After Red's healing magic, Nolwenn would firmly consider herself sore and tired but able to continue on, a condition she discovers after tenderly peeking under her bandages and testing her movement with a few stretches. Azaka's insistence on joining in the slaying of the demon worm takes the wizard by surprise but, given the fact that she at least has the look of a warrior, is appreciated, especially given Draelin's condition.

"Ideally today if you ask me," she opines, "I don't want to give it a chance to create more minions. The only time I need is enough to skim through the journals we found and a quick rest to catch my breath and refocus my magic. Speaking of which, those are my highest priority right now, so if you all will excuse me..."

Nolwenn finds a quiet place to cast her spell of language understanding and takes a quick skim through the recovered journals. Desdemona joins her and they both snack as she reads, paying extra attention to who the journals and tower belonged to, who and what the caged woman could be, and how there came to be a horrible demon worm at the tower's base. While doing so, she half bends an ear towards Eku's attempts to communicate with the woman from the tower and resolves to use the same spell to do so when she gets a chance.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ritual Comprehend Languages.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; Today at 12:20 AM.