New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: Binks (new?) Rise of the Runelords!

Klimvell Mikoye, human hunter

Klim hesitates for a moment at the small woman's offer (well, decision really), then nodded with a small smile. "Thanks, ma'am ... Ah 'preciate it!"

OOC: Just responding ...

Effects/Conditions: None

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    AC: 17 HPs: 15 CMB/D: +2/16 Init: +4
    F +4 R +7 W +2 Move: 30’
    Spoiler: Spells
    Show
    0 (Unl) create water, detect magic, guidance, mending, light
    1 - summon nature's ally I, gravity bow, aspect of the falcon, entangle

Perception +7; Handle Animal +6; Stealth +9; Survival +7; Heal +7; Nature +4; Geography +4; Climb +5; Swim +5; Sense Motive +2
    Animal Focus 0/2 min
    - Ulfar: Bear (+2 Con [comp])
    - Klim: None
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-09-28 at 11:30 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ip feels immense relief as the fight ends and everything returns to normal... or nearly so. He hurries to bring some more of his divine magic to stabilize any wounded villagers. He barely notices the grateful nobleman, but is touched by Brynlieagh's face, still wet with tears as she gives him her heartfelt thanks. Rather overwhelmed by her, he manages a stammering "...glad I could help... couldn't let such a beautiful animal go..." before running away towards another wounded person to hide his embarrassment. It wasn't me really! What is this power flowing out of me?
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2022-09-30 at 07:35 AM.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Jason and Ip hurry to the fallen townspeople, striking a scene that might be comical were it not so terrifyingly urgent. While the rest of the group discusses their next steps, the unlikely duo finds their ministrations receiving mixed results. One of the townsfolk, a man Brynlieagh and Klim vaguely recognize has bled out. The woman beside him comes to after a few applications of curative magics, and struggles to remain conscious from sheer exhaustion and fatigue. Still, for now at least, she will live.

After a brief time, you decide to help her get to the safety of the cathedral, and come back for the fallen. In the few minutes it takes to accomplish the first, it becomes apparent that the Goblins raid has ultimately failed. You manage to catch glimpses of a few isolated, big-mouthed, would-be conquerors, but without the benefit of surprise or numbers, one and all they scamper into the safety of dark alleys and narrow passages. The little cretins prove surprisingly resilient and adept at getting away when they put their minds to it. You aren't even able to get more than brief looks at any of them.

In the square, harsh barks from a few of Sheriff Hemlock's lieutenant's break the silence. "Clear the streets! Hang a red flag on the door for any injured! Only call for aid if it's life or death!" Obviously ordered to spread the command, they repeat almost annoyingly: "Clear the streets! Hang a red flag...."

In the minutes that follow, Klim leads the party to the Rusty Dragon, where his brothers had retired before the assault began. There, he finds two of his brothers relatively healthy. Unwilling to let Ameiko fight alone, Jeb and Cal had stood alongside her, and earned more than a small amount of bloodletting for their efforts. They're both injured, but will survive. Tad, the youngest Mikoye, however, apparently slipped away to find a lady friend, and hasn't been seen since. In the chaos, the older two hadn't managed to even begin forming a search party. Though they fear the worst, it has just been too dangerous (and where even start?) to seek him out.

Ameiko offer Klim a forced smile. "I owe your family a debt I'm not sure I can repay," she begins. "For as long as you need, I'll keep you and yours here, and if I can, I'll help you find Tad." She frowns ruefully. "I think it's best we start looking in the morning- hopefully he shows up before then, anyway! By the grace of the Eternal Rose, we'll find him, but for now we'd better do what we can to stay out of the sheriff's way."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Barbarian in the Playground

Happy to have a moment to gather his wits, Jason shakes his head at the inn keeper's words. "I don't know about the rest of us, ma'am, but I have a duty to assist as healer," Jason says as he looks around the group. "At least, that's how it would be done in Andoran. Any one else want to assist?"

Spoiler: OOC Question
    Show

Can Jason make a knowledge check on Goblins? As he would eb semi-trained i military matters, this looks like a complicated ambush/assault.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

5. - Top - End - #125

As he secures his gear, Jason looks around and lifts up his satchel that has a sewn white cloth with a red eagle on the flap. "You all can stay in here if you wish. I have to make my skills and talents known to the authorities. Rarely would an additional medic be denied. I just would truly appreciate anyone willing to assist in the lift and carry."

Letting his words sink in, Jason waits a few moments before heading back out.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sarone View Post
    As he secures his gear, Jason looks around and lifts up his satchel that has a sewn white cloth with a red eagle on the flap. "You all can stay in here if you wish. I have to make my skills and talents known to the authorities. Rarely would an additional medic be denied. I just would truly appreciate anyone willing to assist in the lift and carry."
    Tobias rises from where he has been ministering to one of the wounded, himself. "I'm yours to command, doctor - lead the way! In fact, I won a prize for lifting and carrying not long ago." His mouth twists in a wry smile, remembering the carefree festival atmosphere of just a few hours before.
    Last edited by MuffinMan; 2022-10-01 at 07:06 AM.
    Spoiler: Active characters
    Show
    Waylan, Kestros and Auspice (Wrath of the Righteous)

Lydia (Age of Worms - loot tracking)

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klim was relieved to find his brothers holed up at the Rusty Dragon with Ameiko. But his relief was short-lived when he asked "Where’s Tad?" and was rewarded with blank stares. Asking around, one of the patrons remembered the younger Mikoye mentioning slipping off to find a certain young lady.

With the sheriff shouting for folks to remain indoors and Ameiko suggesting they atay out until morning, everything indicated the smart move was to stay put. But when the healer (Jason, wasn’t it?) and the big warrior seemed prepared to return to the streets, Klim knew he had to go.

”Klim don’t …

”Stop, Jeb. Ya know we can’t jus leave’s. Ah gotta go… An’ you gotta watch Cal and Ulfar. Wait … where’s Ulfar?”

More blank looks from his brothers and the other patrons, but this time there was no comforting information about the dog being seen upstairs or out back. A knot of fear began to churn and grow in the pit of Klim’s stomach.

Rushing to grab his weapons and gear, Klim joined Jason and Tobias at the door. Ameiko approached, as if she were going to speak, but Klim raised a hand, politely. ”Beggin Yer pardon, Miss Amy-ako, but Ah gotta go. Ah can’t just turn m’back on family.” As the words hung on the air for a moment, Klim’s face blanched as he realized what he had said.

He stammered for a moment. ”Uh .. Ah’m sorry, what Ah meant … Ah mean what Ah was tryin’ t’say … uh … Ah’m sorry ma’am!” Turning, he quickly slipped out the door without waiting to see if the others joined him.

OOC: Klim’s gotta do it, but that doesn’t mean everyone else has to be foolish.
    @Farmerbink - does Klim have any idea who the girl is or where she lives?

Show
    Show
    0 (Unl) create water, detect magic, guide nce, mending, light

Perception +7; Handle Animal +6; Stealth +9; Survival +7; Heal +7; Nature +4; Geography +4; Climb +5; Swim +5; Sense Motive +2
    Animal Focus 0/2 min
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-10-01 at 09:34 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Nodding at Tobias, Jason quickly dons his satchel when he sees the other the man volunteer only to suddenly leave. Exasperated, Jason quickly heads towards the same door. "Blast it, man. Wait up for the rest of us," Jason says through gritted teeth. "Running off isn't going to help when you have no idea where to go. Even without the local law trying to keep everyone inside right now."

Reaching the door, Jason turns back to the rest of the group. "I'm heading to the lieutenant first if 'Klim' won't see common sense. I would appreciate the assistance, but I won't call anyone lazy or a coward should they stay behind."

Stepping through the door, Jason looks around, his hand on the satchel to display the red eagle of an Andoran Medic as he waits for Tobias. "KLIM, GET BACK HERE" Jason yells as he looks around for the hunter. "WE NEED A PLAN AND RUSHING OFF IS A GOOD WAY TO GET YOURSELF DEAD. OR WORSE, IN JAIL."

Favorite Merc Maxims

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Ameiko doesn't release her grip quite as easily as Klim might like. Instead, for better or worse, he gets a pointed reminder that she's a retired adventurer herself- and a lead. "Listen!" she whispers, urgently. "Go round left- there's a narrow alley 'tween the Dragon and the Stables. It'll keep you off the streets a bit. Your brother's fling lives across from the mill, across Prickleback lane. I don't know which house."

Thus, a few moments later, the strange trio (plus?) find themselves trying to avoid unnecessary attention in the streets. More than a few concerning reddish glows color the sky beyond wooden building facades. Shouts echo from all directions- some coordinating the fire crew, some guardsmen repeating the same old call. Occasionally, a sharper scream pierces the night- blessedly they sound less human than the rest.

Despite Tobias' clanking, you manage to navigate the aforementioned alleyway without issue. Cog street also proves apparently abandoned for the moment- doors closed and windows shuttered. Prickleback lane, however, is wider and sees more traffic in virtually all circumstances. In the immediate sense, there's a fire burning to the left (further from the mill and the block to which Ameiko directed Klim), and about a dozen men with carts full of splashing barrels hurry down the road, delivering more water to the flames.

Rough map

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Snesk feels like a fifth wheel, but follows these people. Healing is holy work, even if sge doesn't actually know how to do it.

When they see a fire brigade, though, they rush to help. She has a cantrip of drenching!
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

In the Inn
    When Ameiko grabbed his arm and pulled him close, Klim almost whimpered aloud, startled by her strength and speed - the tales of her exploits were obviously not all embellished. He tried to swallow, but his mouth was suddenly dry.

”Listen! Go round left - there's a narrow alley 'tween the Dragon and the Stables. It'll keep you off the streets a bit. Your brother's fling lives across from the mill, across Prickleback lane. I don't know which house."

She gave him a knowing look and the lad nodded, the thanks clear in his eyes. Turning, he slipped out the door with a nod to Jason and Tobias, without waiting to see if anyone followed.

Near the Mill
    Klim moves up to the edge of the building to peer both ways. He could see the house down to the left was on fire, surrounded by men working to douse the flames. He started to comment on their luck when the large half-orc warrior began to lumber towards the group.

Leaning back quickly, Klim cursed under his breath. Between a big guy in clanking armor and a healer shouting his name into the night, it was a miracle they had been undiscovered this far. But this was certainly going to press their luck.

He turned to the other two and whispered, ”Ah’m goin’ tha’ way, y’ heck them houses. If’n yer comin’, keep low. Else, g’won ‘n help th’lady. Prolly plenty o’ folk needin’ healin’."

He let them decide, then slipped towards the right, darting across the street as fast as he could.

OOC: If things start happening and we need to rush, from the corner Klim can sprint to AG20.

However, if we’ve got time, Klim will circle around the building to our right and use the cart for cover to sneak across the street. Figure the door at AF19 is the first one to try.

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min
    Last edited by Starbin; 2022-10-04 at 06:57 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

When Snesk breaks cover to help with the fire brigade, it's immediately met be cries of surprise. "Hey, keep back! It's dangerous!" "Shouldn' you be inside, miss?" "Watch out, official business!"

They all pretty much shut up when she begins conjuring water to fill their barrels without (another) sweat-drenched trip to the river. Some more begrudgingly than others, the men of the fire brigade quickly find themselves nodding thanks, and spreading water markedly more efficiently. In fact, Snesk quickly finds herself breathing hard, struggling to keep up with the effort of conjuring a simple cantrip, over and over and over, a few minutes into it.

Nobody seems to offer Klim and the others even a passing glance as they scamper across the street. The carts are fewer and farther between, for Snesk's efforts, and if anyone sees the trio, nobody seems to care immediately.

Rough map updated

13. - Top - End - #133

Nodding, Jason looks at Tobias. "Tobias, go with Klim. He is going to need more help," Jason said as he turns back around. Breathing deep, Jason runs towards the half orc and the group of fire fighting militia.

"Damn, Snesk, you know how to book it," Jason as he runs up, bringing the satchel up when he stops. "Medic Loenar, Andoran Field Expedition. Do you have any wounded?"

Favorite Merc Maxims

14. - Top - End - #134

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    "...For as long as you need, I'll keep you and yours here, and if I can, I'll help you find Tad...but for now we'd better do what we can to stay out of the sheriff's way."
    Brynlieagh, with the back-to-normal-sized Lyssmi nods in thanks as she settles down into a chair to catch her breath. After several minutes, during which time several of the other PCs leave for reasons of their own, she rises, collects some basins for water and cloth, and begins cleaning Lyssmi's wounds. The large cat can be heard growling and mewling in discomfort, but doesn't fight her mistress as the lithe, elfin girl does her best to minister to her animal companion. Brynlieagh seems content to take her time with this as she and her companions recover from the emotional ordeal they just escaped. "I hope they're all alright...I'd have helped, but you're still hurt," she says quietly as she hugs Lyssmi fiercely.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

As Jason arrives (only moments behind Snesk), he receives a... different response. "Wot? No, we're the fire brigade! We got a fire, an' that's more'n enough! Go ask Zantus!"

With his hands (mostly metaphorically) full, the man summarily ignores Jason and goes back to hauling buckets of (now mostly magically) water to the flames. Periodically the man pauses to bark an order. "Jansen! On the Miller stead! That flame's about to jump! Edricht! Come to center, on my mark, the left is good for now! Move!" Without stopping to offer any niceties, he roughly shoulders past the medic to take another bucket where he deems it most needed.

For a few moments, Jason finds himself decidedly in the way- as men scramble around, it immediately becomes apparent that a few of them are actively going to the edges of the fire to control it while others keep tossing water on the center of the blaze. Despite the frenetic activity, it's clearly well-coordinated, and the participants are well trained in their particular task. Another body in the general vicinity that isn't directly being helpful is worse than unwelcome- it's potentially dangerous.

Tobias and Klim find the next street if anything even more deserted than the last. Now that the cartsmen aren't hustling to the riverbank, they find homes and businesses that- maybe the owners haven't come back? Some windows are shuttered, but others swing lazily in the breeze.

16. - Top - End - #136

Nodding at the man, Jason takes a few steps back from the fire, gazing around for a second before approaching Snesk. "Snesk, what can I do to help you out," Jason ass as the female half orc fills buckets.

As he looks, Jason starts formulating a plan in his head. "Snesk, can you direct that water over the fire? If I am correct, that can easily wet the structure and help prevent the fire from spreading on the exterior."

Favorite Merc Maxims

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Having made it to the building without incident, Klim took a cleansing breath them darted ahead to the next building, pausing at the door to check for lights or sounds. If it appears to be a home, he'll knock. If it looks like a business, he'll keep moving.

OOC: Moving to AF14. This building appears to have four doors, so he'll check the closet first, then continue to follow around, staying close to the walls to avoid detection. If this door doesn't look like a home, or a store with living spaces, he'll keep pressing. As a local (Favored Son), he should know enough about Sandpoint to have a rough layout of where the homes are, I hope.
    Perception - (1d20+7)[8] , Stealth - (1d20+9)[24]

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Snesk takes a second to catch her breath "I got this. Channeling the Blessing of my Lady isn't something you can help with"

Regardless, she does as directed and creates a firebreak.
    Last edited by Feathersnow; 2022-10-12 at 01:10 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Klimvell knocks, loudly enough to be a disruption. A few moments later, a surprised woman opens the door- much too old to be a love interest of his younger brother (without some notable scandal, at least). "Ah, kin I help ya?"

Meanwhile, Snesk continues directly to the firefighting efforts, and Jason does his best to contribute without interfering. He immediately (accurately) assesses that this crew in particular has trained together for precisely this purpose, and finds it difficult to help without being in the way.

Instead, he spends a few moments inspecting the greater scene on the street. There's a small amount of damage, perhaps caused by individual Goblins with torches, elsewhere on the street, and a handful of broken or otherwise damaged carts and storefronts. Any injured townsfolk have already been taken elsewhere- probably the cathedral- for triage and care.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Blinking for a moment, Klim stammered, "Uh... 'evenin' ma'am ... Ah'm lookin' fer m'bruther. Y'all got a young missus 'bout? And if'n ya don't, d'ya know where one lives?"

OOC: If he doesn't get any useful information, he'll move to AC10 and try again (presuming it's a different house)

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

The woman scowls briefly, thoughtfully, before apparently recognizing Klim. "Oh! You're the Mikoye lad, eh?" With familiarity comes a certain degree of trust, and as Klim nods, she muses. "Well, the Coopers live on the next block, above their shop. I'd call Sarah a young missus..." She eyes Klim with a mischievous and knowing expression. "Don't you do wrong by her, nor her family- they're good people!"

With a wry chuckle, she eases the door shut. "Git before you get us both in trouble!"

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klim answered as the woman spoke "Yes'm Ah am ... yes'm, the Coopers, Ah know 'em ... oh yes ma'am, Ah 'member Sarah ... oh, no ma'am! Ah'd never ... ah, okay ma'am, thanks fer yer help. Stay safe!"

Exhaling a mix of exasperation and relief, Klim advanced carefully to where the Coopers were, scanning the streets for signs of goblins ... or the Sheriff and his men.

OOC: Keep on moving! Perception - (1d20+7)[19]

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Klim presses on eagerly, but not recklessly, carefully peering past obstacles and into open windows as he passes on his way. It doesn't take him too long to find the right house (easily identified by the signage out front), and even less time to recognize something is wrong. As he knocks on the door, it swings lazily open, revealing a thoroughly ransacked entry floor, with steel tools and wooden slats scattered about seemingly at random. Another simple door lies ajar on the far side of the show/work room, no doubt leading to the living quarters upstairs.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klim reached the building he was looking for, but the relief at the discovery quickly slipped away as he noticed the open door. Rushing into the front door, he looked around the room frantically, noting the scattered tools. Swallowing deeply, he rushed towards the open door, bow at the ready as he advanced up the stairs ...

OOC: Stealth - (1d20+9)[16]

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

As Klim hurries up the stairs, the pit of his stomach drops out. A Goblin lies near the top of the stairs- thankfully deceased- in a growing pool of hopefully its own blood, now trickling slowly onto the steps beneath. Pausing only long enough to verify again the absence of sounds of violence, he presses on into the first upper chamber. He doesn't have to go farther.

Klim's brother Tad and an attractive young lady are trembling in the corner- visibly struggling to deal with what they must have witnessed. The young man (more boy than man, at 15), has a rusty, ragged, bloody short sword in hand- gripped so tightly his knuckles have begun progressing from white to grey. He looks up as Klim enters the room, and it takes a few heartbeats for recognition to set in. As the borrowed blade clatters to the floor, Tad falls to his knees, weeping loudly. Only then does Klim take in the rest of the scene.

Another trio of Goblins lies dead in the ruined living room, one only a foot from the petrified adolescents. Two sitting chairs and a simple table lie where they were tossed or knocked between Klim and his brother, the table obscuring a massive pile of bloody fur. "I-" Tad gasps, desperately trying to make words as Klim approaches. The second Goblin looks like it might be reclining against a footstool, were it not holding its innards in still hands, eyes frozen forever in shock. "I couldn' st- st- Iwas-" Klim recognizes a broad, mottled brown and gray flank. The third Goblin has been almost ripped in half, splayed grossly beside the overturned table. "I- I couldn' stop 'em," Tad finally stammers between sobs. "I was too slow!" Having used all the effort he has, Tad devolves entirely into incomprehensible sounds.

Somewhat inured to the sight of dead animals from his childhood on a farm, Klim nonetheless feels his heart begin pounding forcefully as he confirms that Ulfar lies dead behind the table. Surrounded by the bodies of those that would have done the same to his ward, the Mastiff moves no more, having apparently given his own life to save Tad's.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Klim's heart was racing as he moved into the room, eyes locked on the trembling forms of his brother and presumably Sarah. He glanced around for a moment, making sure nothing was moving in the room before he shoulder his bow and rushed to his brother, leaning down. "Heyo, Tad ... y'all ok?"

Tad gasped, "I-I ... I couldn' st- st- Iwas-" Klim reached down to help him up gently. "'Lax, little man ... yer safe now ... deep breaths ..." Klim reached down to help Sarah up. "How 'bout you, miss? Y'ok? Where are yer parents?"

"I- I couldn' stop 'em," Tad stammereds between sobs. Klim smiled gently, trying to get them out of the room. Too much death, too many bodies. "Whaddya mean? Y'did fine, boy-o! Three ... no, four! Tha's better'n me!" The boy had obviously done well, gutting most of the goblins. Well, except for that one that was ripped in half ... weird, how did that happen?" "Was there sumthin' else in here?"

"I was too slow!" Klim got the two past the door when he paused, blinking in confusion. "Why d'ya keep sayin' that?" Moving over to the goblin on the stairs, he flipped the body and stared at it for a moment. The creature's neck was ripped out. Not cut. Ripped.

Turning slowly, Klim moved to the doorway and glanced back into the room. Not counting the dead goblin at the stairs, one, two, three, four. Four. four bodies. Stepping forward hesitantly, Klim moved past the table that was knocked over to see the fourth body clearly, covered in brown and gray mottled fur. He reached down, slowly, pushing the body over. The lifeless head of Ulfar thudded against the floor, thunderous in his eyes.

Dropping to his knees, Klim reached down to pulled the massive dog to him, hugging the beast tightly as the world blurred. His chest hurt, his limbs felt lifeless and somewhere, a loud wailing had started. Klim wanted to tell Tad to quiet the sound - surely it must be the boy or his lady friend - but he couldn't think of anything but Ulfar. The puppy fumbled across the floor, licking a laughing boy's face ... a young man waited with his bow near the blind as the dog rushed forward, barking ... the hound stood growling as the bear approached, the two animals in a standoff as the hunter leaned back against the tree, clutching a deep wound in his side ...

Klim

Klim!

"KLIM!"

Klim blinked, looked up to see Tad tugging at him. "W-w-we gotta go ... I-I think heard sumthin!" Klim sat for a moment, Ulfar's head in his lap. After a moment, he nodded slowly. Setting Ulfar's head to the side gently, Klim rose and pulled down his bow, pushing Tad to the side. He wiped away the tear streaks before he slipped down the stairs and stalked forward. Peering outside the door, he looked back at the two youngsters. "Stay close. Keep quiet. Don't stop." His voice felt hoarse and his head felt numb, but for now he needed to get his brother back to the Rusty Dragon. He knew Tad could keep quiet, but he wasn't sure about Sarah. She might be the weak link in getting through this safely.

He hoped she made some noise.

OOC: A little rp for the moment ...

Show
    Show

Animal Focus 0/2 min

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

The walk back to the Rusty Dragon is blessedly uneventful, though Klim's thoughts might be more than enough for the meantime. The common room is if anything more crowded than usual, both locals and visitors alike seem content- maybe even eager- to delay their return to the streets. People crowd the Gnome, knight, and waifish Half-Elf, and already whispers and cheers of "the Heroes" are met with offers of drink and food, and other delights.

As Klim enters, a brief hush falls over the crowd. Cheers erupt anew when Tad and Sarah follow quickly at his heels, only the other Mikoye's noticing the hollow gaze of their brother and the noteworthy absence of his beloved companion. Content to let Klim set the tone, they give him space- and a tankard of familiar, strong ale.

A voice pierces the low-grade din. "THREE CHEERS FOR THE SANDPOINT SAVIORS! HIP! HIP!"

Hooray!...
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    For the night, your characters are no longer in immediate danger, and you can feel free to RP as much or as little as you would like. I'll set the scene for the next morning proooooobably ~48 hours from now.

I always like to read more about your characters from your perspective, though :-)

28. - Top - End - #148

Staring as the last flames are dying, Jason looks at Snesk as the female half-orc takes a moment to catch their breath. "Good work, Snesk," Jason says as he looks around at the destruction. Though the main building took the brunt of the fire damage, the fire was contained and spared the other buildings nearby.

Glancing around for the ranger, Jason spots the Klim escorting two others out into the streets. "It looks like the night was even more successful," comments Jason as he looks to Snesk. "Come on, Snesk, let's go before more trouble appears."

Slowly, Jason remove the bolt from his crossbow and rides the bowstring to it's neutral position. "I just hope they haven't started celebrating without us."

Favorite Merc Maxims

29. - Top - End - #149

NecromancerGuy

Brynlieagh smiles at the cheer from the locals, her expression showing a mixture of embarrassment and surprise at the accolades. It doesn't look like she has moved from the spot where she has been cleaning Lyssmi's wounds. At the adjacent table Lenore is settled and pecking at a small plate of food. It's hard to tell if the plate is intended for the raven or Brynlieagh, but no one is shooing the bird away.

When Klim, Jason, and Snesk all return the odd trio looks up - including Lyssmi. With a groan of pain the large feline stands and pads towards Klim, much to Brynlieagh's shock. "Lyssmi? What's wrong?" the elfin girl asks, her expression clearly worried. Lyssmi doesn't appear to hear her mistress, instead walking up to Klim and sitting down on her back legs before him. While she flicks her tail back and forth the great cat stares at the young man without making a sound. Brynlieagh comes up more slowly, looking back and forth between Klim and Lyssmi in obvious confusion. "Lyssmi? Klim? Is something...wrong?" she asks quietly once she's close enough for both to hear her...

At the table Lenore returns to the plate, apparently uninterested.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Snesk has only a vague idea what is going on, having arrived recently and joined the "heroes" more recently still, but relaxes and tries to avoid disrupting the grief of others by asking questions.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin