New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Random Isekai [IC]

Quote Originally Posted by Holy-hunter View Post
    Currently clutching the shield and spear that he keeps putting down and picking up, he slaps the two together in rhythm, hopefully getting the ‘players’ attention.
    He begins to wonder what would happen if he just took an instrument from them. Was it within their programming to retaliate. Could he even take one...

He looks over each creature to see what they are playing and what else of value they might have on them.
    The musicians, including a normal human woman, are playing a mixture of instruments. There are lutes and pan flutes and percussion, and even a harp held by one of the playing centaurs.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jessie beamed back at him. "Excellent. Well, let's get started, hmm?" She glanced around again, scanning the surroundings for anything of interest outside of the tree. "Unless you've got something going on here...?" She asked absently nodding at the nest and eggs.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show
    Perception check to look around (1d20+1)[11]

3. - Top - End - #33

There's not much in the immediate area, but now that you're listening, faint melodies are audible from not too far away, beyond the trees.

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hm? Oh, that. I was just trying to see what I can do with stuff," says Tywo. "I haven't found any item descriptions or anything yet. I guess they didn't want to clutter up the interface?"

Spoiler: Rolls for that
    Show
    Investigation/History to realize something about this tree and our apparent residence therein. One thought: Have the hammocks been hung recently, or have they been attached for a while? The bark would wear down and eventually start growing around it. (1d20+9)[26]

Nature/Raw Int to identify the bird eggs: (1d20+5)[9]

"But yeah, we can come back to that. Though, what if something changes..." For lack of any apparent inventory system, Tywo fumbles around his character model for any of the equipment he remembered picking out. He doesn't find anything but armor, but it does draw attention to how different this feels from his real body. He makes a mental note to try a male one later, just to see what it's like.

When he turns around, he notices a heavy-looking tool bag with a crowbar strapped to it, tied to the branch alongside his hammock. He flies over and rummages through, relying on reflex and instinct to hover as he finds a pocket-sized roll of tools and a matchbox. Then he goes above the area for a good vantage point and scratches something on the top of the box.

"Ha! Okay, ready!" He flies excitedly back to Jesyna and presents a matchbox bearing an image of the starting hammock and bird nest. "Check it out: diagetic screenshots! If anything budges from its initial state, we'll spot it when we get back."

Spoiler: how?
    Show
    Using Arcane Tinkering to make the image appear on the tinderbox indefinitely. He vaguely remembers this being a mechanic from his brief glimpses at the menus before he accidentally clicked through them.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-04-29 at 03:18 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35

Spoiler: Investigation
    Show
    The hammocks seem recently strung, and the working of the peg holding it to the tree was clearly made by tiny hands.

Show
    Show

Show

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Mostlymad View Post
    Deciding to explore the rocky shore, Olivine cautiously heads to the right while maintaining Blade Ward.
    Olvine finds the rightward side of the lake's shore curves around a bit, but narrows. As his voice echoes over the water, he's taken by surprise!
    A crab, standing at least three feet tall, pounces from the water, and tries to pincer him!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Init: (1d20+2)[11]

You're surprised, so Crab gets advantage:

(1d20+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[12]
    (1d6+1)[7]
    Grappled (DC 11 to escape) on a hit.

Init for you: (1d20-1)[3]

Show
    Show

Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    The musicians, including a normal human woman, are playing a mixture of instruments. There are lutes and pan flutes and percussion, and even a harp held by one of the playing centaurs.
    The human women stood out to Michael more than the other creatures, her being a plain human in this fantasy world he had found himself in.

(1d20+6)[10] (diplomacy’s) he approached her with the intent to speak formally yet kindly and found himself using words he didn’t know he knew, this broke his flow.

He stood directly in front of her until he had her attention. With a greeting and a smile he asked her what was going on here, where was he and if she had any quests for him.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2022-04-29 at 08:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

You stumble over your words a bit, but manage to avoid saying anything bad. The woman gives a confused smile. "Quests? I mean, I suppose there's always something that needs to be done somewhere, but what an odd way to phrase it."

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

With a chuckle he indulges the game. With a deep flourishing bow he says.
    ”Fair maiden my services are at your disposal, I offer aid to you and yours in any way I can.”

hopefully there was some sort of tutorial around here somewhere.’

10. - Top - End - #40

She backs off slightly. "Oh no, this is one of those 'bargains', isn't it? No. No, and no."

Spoiler: Wisdom (Insight) DC 16
    Show
    Something about the repetition of no seems to matter to her.

Spoiler: Intelligence (Arcana Or Nature) DC 14
    Show
    Giving a response, or other such phrase, three times to the (proper) fey is binding.

Said once by a non-fey, eh, maybe they're confused.
    Said twice, could be a joke.
    Three times? That cinches it.

Show
    Show

Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh” Michael says, growing confused. “No wait, never mind.
    He adds feeling defeated. What was the point arguing with an NPC. Perhaps he wasn’t supposed to be here yet. ’Did he go the wrong way, did he miss something?’
    He quickly removes himself from the woman’s presence and the rest of the musicians, a bit annoyed about not getting to try an instrument. He wondered if his real life skills would translate to the game.

He approached the dancing group once again, looking a little less lively this time. He was looking at all their faces to see who was judging him and to see if he was welcome back in. ’maybe the original Centaur was who he was supposed to talk to.’

(1d20+4)[14] Insight
    (1d20+3)[8] Nature
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2022-04-29 at 10:30 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Jessie looks from the matchbox to the area in the image and nods at Tywo. "Nice work! Not sure we'll need to worry too much yet but definitely no harm in being prepared."

"You hear that music?" She asked, gesturing vaguely in the direction from which she'd heard it. "We should check it out, right? Who knows what we'll find!" She flaps her wings excitedly.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Tywo simply nods and lets the other fairy lead the way.

14. - Top - End - #44

You head for the music, and then...

All four of you in the area get a "Player Nearby" ping. But the two fairies notice it's a little subtler than last time.

Show
    Show

Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh. I guess they really want us to work together right from the get-go," says Tywo as the notification fades into the background. He looks down into the carousing crowd below. "Zero indication of who it is and who's an NPC, though. Am I missing something, or are we supposed to just... ask?"

16. - Top - End - #46

Jesyna looked over the assembled group, trying to get a sense of who is who. ”That’s a really good question,” she said after a moment. She tried calling up her notifications, see if that could shed any light.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls
    Show
    Investigation roll to try to find her notifications and/or assess the group for likely Players: (1d20+2)[16]

17. - Top - End - #47

There doesn't seem to be any kind of UI available.

There is, however, a satyr stumbling and bumbling around, seeming to not know what he's doing.

Show
    Show

Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Nicole having been completely unable to find the in game, well any system at all, gave up on trying and focused on the smooth dancing of the NPCs and the gentle music of the players. It almost was enough to forget she was in a game. They even programed a drunk goat man moving about. For the time being Nicole or rather Crystal decided this was her reality.

Suddenly in the corner of her vision a messaged popped up and a sound was heard, 'player nearby'. She nodded to herself and looked the goat man. I suppose he is not drunk so much as just out of place. Might as well start there.

@Holy Hunter

A sort of attractive and very well groomed bugbear female approaches you with what may pass as a smile in a species that has oversized fangs. "Hello, I am visiting a distant land. Are you also new to this area?"
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hmm. Goat man looks like he's still getting used to the controls, so it might be him. I'm gonna go listen in."

Tywo floats down and hovers next to the two of them with all the tact and subtlety of a typical RPG protagonist; that is to say, none whatsoever. He only catches the last part of what the buff catgirl princess is saying. "Mm, definitely an NPC," he mutters as though no one can hear him.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe it was the integration of his modern moves that made him stand out and caused others to give him a bit of a wide berth as they danced.

‘Finally’ Michael thought to himself as he was approached. ”What took you so long?” He asked the weird looking monster acting formal, this must be the tutorial.
    From his previous encounters he had learnt that he should stay in character or they might freak out.

”Ahhem, I mean yes I too am a traveler who is eager to learn of this land. I am quite good at moving now thanks to these dancers but I’m ready to learn new things, like how to use these.” He bashes his spear on his shield. ”You look like a fighter. Is there anything around here to fight. How does combat work? What happens if I die? Do I have any magical abilities?”
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2022-05-01 at 11:18 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Hearing "Mm, definitely an NPC" Crystal looks up at the fairy as the goatman says "What took you so long?" Yep definitely a drunk NPC, strange thing to program but heck adds realism. The satyr bangs its gear together " I mean yes I too am a traveler who is eager to learn of this land. I am quite good at moving now thanks to these dancers but I’m ready to learn new things, like how to use these.” He bashes his spear on his shield. ”You look like a fighter. Is there anything around here to fight. How does combat work? What happens if I die? Do I have any magical abilities?"

"No I am a player character Mr. fairy, and going off of what our spear wielding friend here is saying they also seem to be at dive device. That said, She turns back to the Satyr Maybe put that stuff away for a few minutes the AI is very advance and weapons at a party is odd."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

”Oh wow, your both really players. Sweet. How good is this, I mean look at us!” Michael makes a point of looking over his body and bouncing on his goat legs. ”Wait, how are you even flying fairy? he ask, prodding at the fairies wing with his spear butt.
    ”I can’t get over how real this all feels, it’s amazing, but. Like, what do we do now? I haven’t learnt much about this game yet and these NPC’s are no help. Have you got a map or any quests yet? Maybe it’s more about survival and we need to find shelter.”

23. - Top - End - #53

Eyeing the satyr, Jesyna had to agree that he was almost certainly another player. She follows Tywo at a distance, taking in the activities before engaging with anything. With the notifications and the verbal confirmations, she flew over to join the group, smiling. "Hey, easy there!" She said with a frown as the satyr poked rudely at Tywo. "Let's not get off on the wrong foot, we're all in this together. Or, well, we could be, I guess." A smile returned to her face. "I'm Jesyna."

24. - Top - End - #54

The fey creatures continue to cavort about. You're just past the edge of the dancing right now, letting you talk in relative peace.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Olivine's green eyes went wide as a crab burst forth from the water's and quickly grappled him with it's large pincers. Luckily his Blade's Ward kept its claws from squeezing the life from him. In a desperate attempt at survival, until he could regain the initiative, the Earth Genasi used his racial ability to speed his recast of Blade Ward hoping to last one more round where he could hopefully stabilize.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Use Merge with stone (1/2) to cast Blade Ward as a Bonus Action.

Spoiler: OOC - DM Post
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Olivine finds the rightward side of the lake's shore curves around a bit, but narrows. As his voice echoes over the water, he's taken by surprise!
    A crab, standing at least three feet tall, pounces from the water, and tries to pincer him!

Init: (1d20+2)[11]

You're surprised, so Crab gets advantage:

(1d20+3)[6]
    (1d20+3)[12]
    (1d6+1)[7]
    Grappled (DC 11 to escape) on a hit.

Init for you: (1d20-1)[3]

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Tywo's face goes oddly blank as he watches Crystal's speech and mannerisms.

"...Nikki?"

Before Crystal can respond, the satyr jams his stick in Tywo's quietly-fluttering dragonfly wings. Any other game would let them clip through each other or push Tywo aside, but here...

*BZRRRT* "Gnahh!"

Tywo involuntarily cartwheels to the side...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...and probably catches himself as he stumblingly reaches the ground, but I think he could absolutely wipe out on a failed dex save: (1d20+5)[21]

Given that Nicole was looking for him, Tywo's mannerisms are similarly easy to identify, probably. Crystal could respond with a similarly infuriating nickname for Taylor if E.W. doesn't immediately come to mind.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2022-05-10 at 10:21 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Having missed the earlier name drop. Crystal looks at the satyr annoyed. You know this game has a physics engine and a good one. You should of guessed stopping the wings of a flying creature would make it crash. Besides all that you must of noticed that while pain is reduced it isn't stopped and being poked with a stick hurts. So lets just keep our tools to ourselves and talk politely. Crystal looks around And perhaps discretely, I am apparently here as a good will ambassador.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

”Of course!” The Satyr beams with an excitement and profound realisation that did not match what was just said. Then to test the theory for himself he slid his grip along the spear and after a short examination of the point, pressed his thumb firmly against it.

Blood swelled around the steel and dribbled down his hand. Wide eyed he stared at it mouth open...
    “Ouch!!!” he proclaimed.
    “What! How? Why?
    Am I really bleeding, like for real? What’s happening to my body right now? This feels way too real.”

Concern and panic began to creep through the visage of excited curiosity as he waved his bloody thumb around for all to see before sticking it in his mouth.

”Ehen da daste id de dame” he mumbles, brows now definitely furrowed.
    Last edited by Holy-hunter; 2022-05-03 at 10:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59

At this point, a few of the other fairies have hovered over. "Is he stupid?" one of them asks, gesturing towards the satyr with a thumb in his mouth.

Show
    Show

Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Watching the situation deteriorate, Jesyna swiftly intercepted the approaching fairies. "One too many blows to the head recently," she says, with what is intended to be a reassuring smile. "We're new to the area and just getting our bearings. You'll have to excuse some eccentricities." She finishes with a light chuckle.

Spoiler: OOC Rolls
    Show
    Deception for the first part, maybe: (1d20+4)[11] and perhaps Persuasion for the last bit: (1d20+6)[14]