New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Post The Many Weddings of Fettina

On a grassy hill overlooking Inside, at the end of a meandering dirt path, there stands a church. There's not much left of her now. The walls abide the seasons with the obduracy of stone, cluttered with white moss and thin black vines. In the back, the chimney stands above a cold hearth beside where the sacristy once stood. The hollow nave, vast and somehow mournful in its deserted reverence, sprawls to the edge of a steep earthen cliff. Portions of stained glass windows stand in tall arched niches spanning nearly floor to ceiling, casting unearthly arrays of color on the ground at dawn and dusk. The ceiling burned away long ago, of course. It is open to the sky now.

In the chancel, near where the church's interior ends at the hill's edge, there is a statue on a high pedestal. A bald man, his eyes wrapped in cloth, his body hidden in a long robe save for his bare feet, stands holding an ornate lamp and a long stave. Vines wrap around him from head to toe. On the statue's south face is left an inscription.

Saint Qith
    Who once believed that the unity
    of the spirit transcends all churches,
    all nations, all people, all gods,
    welcomes you to this house of all faiths.

Behind Saint Qith, in the hollow of the apse, there are shrines. If one looks, in fact, they can find a shrine to just about any god, spirit, or pantheon here. They are nestled in small window-like arches, evenly spaced across the rear of the church, no one belief system given more space than another. If any person searches long enough, they can find a shrine dedicated to their beliefs. It is certainly not a normal place. In fact, any person entering the nave can feel a faint, warming presence if they allow themselves a silent moment to reflect. If a place can be holy, if ground can be sacred, this would be it.

The sky above this place is clear today save for a few enormous white clouds. The sun is warm but not harsh. In the shade the day is almost cool. The aura of calm that is inherent to this place would be intact... and yet... A few additions have been made.

Colorful banners hang from the walls, for one; layered patterns of blue, white, and dark green. Tents have been erected at the church's exits and a little further down the hill. Huge arrangements of flowers have been raised to form arched portals along the path to the main entrance and inside, along the center of the nave. Rows of white chairs, carved to look like roses are growing upon them, line the building where pews once stood. Busy catering staff, decorators, ushers and photographers rush about finishing last-minute preparations. Some guests have begun to arrive, but it's early yet. They have a little more time.

There's a [Refreshment Tent] for those who need a little taste of one thing or another and can't wait for the reception.

There's a [Groom's Tent], although there's not strictly any groom here. Fettina's decided to play that role, but there might be a happy mixture of groomsmen or bridesmaids on either side. Kirk and Dena will have been summoned here, as Tina's Best Man and Maid of Honor. Of course, it's not exactly urgent or pressing as long as they make it before the ceremony. It would seem that Fettina has refurbished this abandoned place as her choice for the venue...

There's a [Bride's Tent] too, where it's entirely possible that Cantata is being bothered by Naitiri and Gelley, Tina's two sisters. They seem to have volunteered - or been volunteered - to become Cantata's bridesmaids, if she has nobody else. It's possible that Fayyaad might be directed here.

The [Nave] is the main gathering place, and it's also the first place most people will find themselves if they're not looking for anywhere specific. Though they have to get past the doorman, of course. A towering wall of a fellow in a fine black peacoat and a leather-billed driver's cap stands guard here, on the watch for troublesome mischief. He has dark skin, a mechanical prosthetic hand painted black and gold, and a false eye that gleams with a strange gold lens. His hands are folded reservedly at his back, but he has the general affectation of a man who can move very quickly and decisively in response to trouble.

Further down [The Hill], a tall black man in a suit so dark it seems to eat the light is coordinating the staff. His bald pate shines under the morning sun as he answers questions and calmly directs the entire affair. Bright colors, mostly sky blues, creamy whites, and minty greens abound among both the guests and the decor.

Signs have been raised at the bottom of the hill, at the head of the path that leads here:

A very special event to take place
    at the Church of Saint Qith
    The union between Fettina
    and Cantata Nesczesliva
    All are welcome!
    (NO KIDS)unless they're really cute and they can shut up

_______

This is an event thread and is open to the general public, provided they're looking to party. Characters who know Fettina, Cantata, or any of their friends are especially welcome. If your character intends on making extreme changes or attacking the place without pretense, please ask OOC before doing so, and be prepared to be turned down. Smaller scale conflicts or disagreements are totally fine, but may be subject to intervention by the staff if they're disruptive enough.

I'll be periodically adding to the Guest List below as new people arrive.

Last edited by Murkus; 2022-05-01 at 06:07 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Many Weddings of Fettina

[Bottom of the Hill]

"You didn't say this was going to be taking place at a church, Mania." Ecstacy frowns as she brings the bus around to the nearest available parking spot.

"I know I said so at least once. Besides, it's a wedding between an angel and a... actually, I don't recall just now who the other bride is, but still, angel's wedding. Where else would it take place?" Mania drapes a quartet of multicolored dresses over her seat and makes her way to the front of the bus. "I know you girls had reservations about that, but-"

"Had? What's with the past tense, Manny?" Ecstacy frowns and holds up the gown sized for her, a plain, emerald green affair, which is quite a ways removed from their usual provocative attire. "This whole thing is... really off-brand, isn't it? You remember who we are, right? Biggest name in erotic metal? Ringing any bells?"

"I mean... yeah, Stacy's not exactly wrong. This is supposed to be a celebration of a, um, sacred union built on love. It's not exactly our scene, is it?" Malady chips in.

"That's part of the point." Mania slips on her navy-colored gown over her head. "The medical bills from that incident in Riverside cleaned us out. We're going to have to broaden our range of gigs if we're going to build up any appreciable amount of capital. That, and some amount of prestiege." She quietly adjusts the fit of the gown around her chest as she talks. "There are a lot of people who know our names, but outside of our fanbase, we're a bit infamous. To the point that we kind of expected mobs of angry mothers to just show up at our concerts. That kind of press is going to draw in more bomb-slinging lunatics like-"

"So, what, it was our fault we got attacked now?" Ecstacy challenges.

"Not what I meant. I'm just saying, we need to make a name for ourselves other than as musically-inclined temptresses. It's safer for you three that way."

Malady shakes her head. "After ten months of you having me parade around in my skivvies onstage because it 'fit the brand', now you want to try for wholesome?"

"That was then, this is now." Mania replies calmly. "Aren't you looking forward to not having to do that?"

"Yeah, but it makes everything before now seem a bit pointless. We could have just done this from the beginning. You know, back when I suggested it."

"That's enough."

The succubi and angel turn to look at Euphoria, who is already in the process of packing up her keyboard. "We agreed to perform for this wedding, that is what we are going to do. Mania has been in charge of our branding since we arrived; I think it safe to say she knows what she's doing. Correct?"

Ecstacy and Malady give a collective sigh and nod. "Yeah." "I guess so."

Mania gives the older succubus a grateful smile and steps off the bus. "Good. Now, I'm going to go get us all set up with the coordinator. You three go ahead and get changed."

Presumably, that man in the suit up there is said coordinator. He certainly looks the part. Mania can certainly tell when she's dealing with a fellow manager of some form. "Hi there!" She greets, walking briskly up to him. "I'm Mania, from DEATHKISS. We're performing for the reception. Where do you want us to set up?"
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

3. - Top - End - #3

Bride's Tent

As the guests begin to filter in, Cantata remains cooped up in the bride's tent, having already arrived and changed into her wedding dress with some light assistance by her half of the bridal party. She's spent the last few minutes or so pacing nervously, double-checking her makeup and jewelry in the mirror every so often. It's clear that despite the rather playful motives surrounding the duo's initial plans, feelings of worry and tension have managed to build up during the wait.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Fayyaad is indeed here, wearing a rather stylish costume (though without the turban and the dagger). He loves weddings, and gatherings in general, and made sure to dress up for the occasion.

"Having some pre-wedding nerves, Cantata?" he asks.
    Last edited by Morty; 2022-05-02 at 07:55 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #5

Bride's Tent

Fayyaad's comment seems to startle her, and Cantata jumps slightly before turning back towards him. She brushes back a strand of hair before giving the tiefling a nervous little smile. "Maybe a little. Is it that obvious?" She realizes something with a silent giggle. "This is all so... low stakes, but I've never been this anxious before in a long time," she signs. "Is that normal?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

6. - Top - End - #6

[Bottom of the Hill]

So the van rolls up, and out hops the first of the new crew. The man in the light-eating suit bows his head politely. He has a stack of three thin white bars painted on his left cheek, and there's something peculiar about his deep brown eyes. Almost like the irises are rimmed with tiny rings of gold.

"From... Deathkiss..." The man goes from polite to skeptical very quickly. "Just what sort of band..."

A cry of delight fills the air, interrupting him. A gleaming figure soars above, momentarily blinding in the morning sun. Then it swoops down to take the figure of a short, slender woman in a thin gown, alighting on the ground with two wide and shining wings. Her skin looks like chrome, her wings seem armor plated, and her eyes are like two smoldering stars. This must be the angel, surely. Her hair, threaded gold, is done up in tight rows to the back of her head, where it's tied in a spiral braid. She screams in delight as she lands and bounces once in front of Mania. "Deathkiss! Aw, yeah! I've heard so many good things!"

"Tina, you're supposed to be getting ready," chides the man, although the tone of his voice would seem to indicate that he knows he can't get this 'Tina' to do almost anything.

"Don't worry, dad, I got time!" She seems to be filled with an almost manic energy. "Uh, sorry! This is my dad, Amiri. And I'm Fettina. I'm... well, I'm one of the people getting married! Oh. Uh." She seems to realize she was interrupting, glancing back.

"They wanted to know where they can set things up, dear," Amiri provides calmly.

"Oh, sure! Okay, there's a big tent up next to the church we're just calling the party tent. It's got streamers, lights, electric, an extra sound system... There's not too many people there yet, but there should be a big stage propped up for you guys."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Bottom of the Hill]

So the van rolls up, and out hops the first of the new crew. The man in the light-eating suit bows his head politely. He has a stack of three thin white bars painted on his left cheek, and there's something peculiar about his deep brown eyes. Almost like the irises are rimmed with tiny rings of gold.

"From... Deathkiss..." The man goes from polite to skeptical very quickly. "Just what sort of band..."

A cry of delight fills the air, interrupting him. A gleaming figure soars above, momentarily blinding in the morning sun. Then it swoops down to take the figure of a short, slender woman in a thin gown, alighting on the ground with two wide and shining wings. Her skin looks like chrome, her wings seem armor plated, and her eyes are like two smoldering stars. This must be the angel, surely. Her hair, threaded gold, is done up in tight rows to the back of her head, where it's tied in a spiral braid. She screams in delight as she lands and bounces once in front of Mania. "Deathkiss! Aw, yeah! I've heard so many good things!"

"Tina, you're supposed to be getting ready," chides the man, although the tone of his voice would seem to indicate that he knows he can't get this 'Tina' to do almost anything.

"Don't worry, dad, I got time!" She seems to be filled with an almost manic energy. "Uh, sorry! This is my dad, Amiri. And I'm Fettina. I'm... well, I'm one of the people getting married! Oh. Uh." She seems to realize she was interrupting, glancing back.

"They wanted to know where they can set things up, dear," Amiri provides calmly.

"Oh, sure! Okay, there's a big tent up next to the church we're just calling the party tent. It's got streamers, lights, electric, an extra sound system... There's not too many people there yet, but there should be a big stage propped up for you guys."
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"All good things, huh? Funny, we tend to specialize in the bad." Mania giggles licentiously. "But hey, that's why we're here. Always good to branch out a bit, you know what I mean? Oh, and congratulations, by the way. You don't get married every day." She smiles and gives a little wave to her bandmates as they disembark from the bus. "Here's to making your special day a little more... hang on a minute..." She turns toward their guitarist. "Stacy, is that a real dress or are you using your wings still?"

"The cloth feels all weird and chafe-y, I can't get comfortable in it!"

"Suck it up! We're at a wedding, for gods' sake! Some of the guests might be able to see through illusions, we can't have them getting distracted by a naked succubus!" She points at the bus. "Go get in that dress!"

Ecstacy grumbles something less-than-kind under her breath and returns to the bus, as her bandmates make their way up toward the indicated tent.

"Sorry about that." Mania turns back to Tina and Amiri and gives them an attempt at a patient smile. "Like I said, change of pace. Some of us are still adjusting."

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fayyaad's comment seems to startle her, and Cantata jumps slightly before turning back towards him. She brushes back a strand of hair before giving the tiefling a nervous little smile. "Maybe a little. Is it that obvious?" She realizes something with a silent giggle. "This is all so... low stakes, but I've never been this anxious before in a long time," she signs. "Is that normal?"
    "I do believe it is. I've never got married, of course, but I've been to many very... high society weddings. Can't avoid it when you're a noble." Fayyaad's tail flicks behind him. "It's a big event. It's hard not to feel nervous. But you'll do just fine."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

9. - Top - End - #9

Bride's Tent

"This is my first," the empath confesses. She looks around a little skittishly before stepping a bit closer to Fayyaad, as if confiding in something with him. "Its - I think I've really fallen for her, but - I still haven't told her what to expect after the wedding, and...." She glances away, embarrassed, as if feeling somehow guilty for even thinking that Fettina would reject her over it. The unsigned coda is fairly easy to infer though - What if she doesn't like that I'm intersex?
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-05-03 at 02:56 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Already fallen for her...? Hmm. Fayyaad is aware of the somewhat delicate nature of this arrangement. But there's nothing to do but offer support.

"The Tina I know isn't going to mind. Did you know that when I met her, she was using a male body? I think she lost the ability to do it when she was cursed... but either way, she's not going to fret over such things."

11. - Top - End - #11

Bridal Tent

The empath raises her eyebrows. Clearly she did not know that. "I... you're right.We both know that her preferences are rather varied. I'm just...." Cantata's hands pause, and she shakes her head. Stepping back, she takes a seat down on a nearby chair and sighs.

"I've known her for years. I should have more confidence in her than this. I wonder if it's something about... waiting here." She gestures to the tent around them. "Sitting here cooped up while everyone arrives... it's enough for anyone to start fretting."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

[Nave]

A tall chocolate-skinned muscular man with low-cut black wavy hair and a moustache shows up to the wedding! He's wearing a navy blue suit today, complete with a red shirt, black bowtie and black shoes. Balanced on his nose are a pair of sunglasses which cover his eyes: light hot pink irises and dark pink sclera.

As he passes the doorman, he nods in greeting, flashing a thumbs-up as he attempts to move past, though on the off-chance he's stopped, he'll quickly identify himself as MERC.

Once in, he takes in the surroundings, admiring the architecture of the place. Such detail! Svetlana would've loved to see this, he thinks to himself.

After stopping to admire one of the flower bouquets, he turns his attention to the crowd, looking for someone to talk to. Particularly, Olvisin or Dena.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

[Entering Nave Space]

Reinholdt could possibly, theoretically, maybe just walk in like a normal person, showing his guest invitation. But upon seeing that hulking door of a man in the way, Rein decides it would be much more fun to sneak in uninvited. That false eye probably has blind spots right?

Then surely it wouldn't notice a small russian blue cat prowling closer and closer, darting from cover to cover as the doorman occupies itself with each guest in turn. Admittedly the bright red bowtie Reinholdt was wearing did stand out well against his gray-blue coat, but this was more than about camouflage! This was about swiftness, precision, intelligence, luck, training. And also about a cat sneaking into a wedding he was invited to just for kicks.

Rein's butt wiggles in place as he prepares for the final stretch and when he thinks the doorman isn't looking he makes a dash for it, staying on that false eye side the whole time! Kitty zoom!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Ironsmith View Post
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"All good things, huh? Funny, we tend to specialize in the bad." Mania giggles licentiously. "But hey, that's why we're here. Always good to branch out a bit, you know what I mean? Oh, and congratulations, by the way. You don't get married every day." She smiles and gives a little wave to her bandmates as they disembark from the bus. "Here's to making your special day a little more... hang on a minute..." She turns toward their guitarist. "Stacy, is that a real dress or are you using your wings still?"

"The cloth feels all weird and chafe-y, I can't get comfortable in it!"

"Suck it up! We're at a wedding, for gods' sake! Some of the guests might be able to see through illusions, we can't have them getting distracted by a naked succubus!" She points at the bus. "Go get in that dress!"

Ecstacy grumbles something less-than-kind under her breath and returns to the bus, as her bandmates make their way up toward the indicated tent.

"Sorry about that." Mania turns back to Tina and Amiri and gives them an attempt at a patient smile. "Like I said, change of pace. Some of us are still adjusting."
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"Hey, don't even worry about it! In fact, I mean, if she doesn't want to wear something more... y'know... covering, I don't know if anyone's gonna complain about some skin..." Fettina makes odd, wishy-washy gestures with her hands. Amari gives her a skeptical look.

"But hey, thanks. I'm... I'm freakin' out a little, you know?" Tina giggles tinnily. "And that is... totally not your problem! Sorry. Just... you just lemme know if you gals need anything at all, okay? Me or daddy here." She leans over and pecks Amari on the cheek, which makes him look a little less grumpy for the moment.

((I misspelled Tina's dad's name, it's Amari))

[Nave]

The towering man in the peacoat and the leather-billed cap waves the new fellow through. He doesn't seem to be strenuously checking IDs, so there's no worries there. Getting up close, it looks like most of his jaw's been replaced with dark and gold metal too...

Then Rein creeps up. And creeps. And creeps. And bolts! And it almost seems like he's going to make it undetected... until the goliath's head turns to track him. It seems that the eye might not be real, but it may very well be able to see just fine.

Yet he doesn't lunge or react badly, or even try quickly to catch Rein. Rein bolts past, and the man turns, slowly unfolding his arms.

"Was that... a stray cat?"

"In a suit?"

A zoomin' kitty has a good head start, but the doorman will slowly lumber after Rein, leaving the entrance undefended for now. Can't have mangy, oddly-well-dressed stray animals scampering around during the ceremony.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #15

[Bottom of the Hill]

"Hey, don't even worry about it! In fact, I mean, if she doesn't want to wear something more... y'know... covering, I don't know if anyone's gonna complain about some skin..." Fettina makes odd, wishy-washy gestures with her hands. Amari gives her a skeptical look.

"But hey, thanks. I'm... I'm freakin' out a little, you know?" Tina giggles tinnily. "And that is... totally not your problem! Sorry. Just... you just lemme know if you gals need anything at all, okay? Me or daddy here." She leans over and pecks Amari on the cheek, which makes him look a little less grumpy for the moment.

((I misspelled Tina's dad's name, it's Amari))
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"Now, now, who's gone and hired whom here?" Mania counters, giving Tina a little pat on the shoulder. Her usual soothing touch probably won't do much good here; at best, it'd probably just alleviate the physical symptoms of pre-ceremony jitters, i.e. the shaking itself. Assuming it even worked on a fellow angel at all. "The girls and I would be glad to help you calm down, if you need it. Besides, isn't that why you hire musicians in the first place? To set the mood?" She grins.

Meanwhile, the three succubi are already making back-and-forth trips between their bus and the tent. Malady (that'll be the short, dark-skinned brunette in the shoulderless yellow dress) and Ecstacy (the slightly taller, pale, raven-haired woman in green who can't seem to stop scratching herself) are both carrying smallish, items; microphones, Ecstacy's guitar, extension cables, and so on. Euphoria (a dusky woman with about two heads of height on her bandmates, in a red, puffy-sleeved ballgown) seems to be the go-to for the heavy items, carrying a speaker about her size up to the tent, and back when someone mentions to her that they don't really need it. There's no telling from here if they're going to make good on Mania's promise to cheer Tina, but they do stop every so often to talk with other guests, and they seem to be at least capable of faking smiles if need be.

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

"Oh, certainly. Sitting still, waiting for a big event... the mind has nothing to do but wander and arrive in unpleasant places." Fayyaad smiles. "Soon enough you'll be married and have no space left in your head for such worries."

[Nave]

Olvisin is indeed there, as Chidi looks around. Wearing a long waistcoat with a high collar, but no sleeves, exposing her new cybernetic arms. Accompanying her are three other goblins, with pretty clear family resemblance. A small woman with short hair, wearing a strapless dress. And two men, one of them broad-shouldered and large (...for a goblin), wearing a dress shirt and pants with suspenders, while the other one is tall (...for a goblin) and lanky, but wearing a long robe with a hood, thrown back. The goblins are chattering among each other and Olvisin hasn't spotted Chidi yet.

17. - Top - End - #17

Bride's Tent

Cantata nods, offering the tiefling a gentle smile. "I suppose I'll have enough on my mind once I walk down the aisle, yes." Another silent chuckle follows. "It will probably help as more people arrive, too."
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

[Nave]

Chidi eventually spots his friend and her siblings, and makes his way to them, but in such a way that he ends up behind Olvisin.

"Hi there, Olvi!" He says, tapping her shoulder. "Your siblings, I assume?" He flashes his trademark grin.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

[Nave]

Olvisin turns around abruptly, but smiles when she sees it's Chidi.

"Oh! Yeah, that's them. Three out of six. Zaalmin, Kuvesh and Luuvat," she says, pointing in order at her sister, the large brother and the lanky brother. "This is Chidi, my friend from MERC."

"Oh, yeah. You've mentioned him. Nice to finally meet you, Chidi," Zaalmin says. "You're the one who knows a lot about cybernetics, right?"

"And helped her get those arms," Luuvat adds.

It's not clear if Olvisin told them about just what kind of friends they are with Chidi, but he already knows that Olvisin's siblings share her interest in cybernetics and similar body-modification technology.

[Bride's Tent]

"Most likely. Mingle and let yourself be congratulated," Fayyaad suggests. "That should keep your mind off worries."

20. - Top - End - #20

[Bottom of the Hill]

Mania might be able to tell that Fettina is mostly immune to such things, even when well-intended. Something about her aura rebuffs attempts to psychically comfort her, like a cold breeze. Fettina, being Fettina, doesn't even seem to notice. "Calm me down? Sheesh, honey, I mean, I'm flattered... But we should at least wait until after the wedding, huh? Plus, I'm not even sure it'd work..." Wait, what? Fettina just rubs her chin, considering new possibilities.

Fettina watches the band move back and forth as they hurry to prep with some modicum of glee. "Eee, you girls are just like I imagined. Well, better dressed. I'll admit, they're not anything like I've heard about you, but you all look fabulous!" She tries to call this loud enough so the whole band hears.

[Bride's Tent]

"Cantataaaa! I got all the snacks," sings a voice from outside the tent. The woman that follows it is on the short side, losing out to even Fettina (who is fairly average) by several inches. She's somewhat curvy and stocky; her skin the color of milky chocolate, just the same as Fettina when she's able to appear as a human. Her eyes, orange discs that clearly aren't a natural color, widen immediately. "Oh my god. Out of frustration, you've turned to the devil in the, like, five minutes we were gone. And he's super hot. Nait! It's a disaster!"

She also seems to be carrying an entire plateful of hors d'oeuvres for Cantata to presumably choose from. Behind her, a much taller woman pushes the tent flap aside. She must be barely six feet tall, slender and twiggy, with carefully maintained and manicured features that speak to a special care for her personal appearance. Even the spade of her face and her perfect, tapered chin seem almost too symmetrical. She's absolutely beautiful. She too has cacao-colored skin and rich black hair, though hers is carefully arranged into a tall swirling bun. Both of them are wearing various gold braids and other jewelry.

"Gelley, stop yelling. And you know she can't eat all that. Even if she wanted to, then she'll bloat up and her dress is going to feel horrible and whose fault will that be..." The woman looks up and raises the prim, perfect black lines of her eyebrows when she sees there's another person in Cantie's tent. "Oh. Hello."

"I'm Gelley," says the short one. "And this stuck up lady is Naitiri. Hi!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

21. - Top - End - #21

Bride's Tent

Cantata startles as the two women burst in. Her eyes widen, and she laughs silently at Gelley's antics. "Oh no, nothing like that," she gently waves off. "This is...." The woman moves to start signing Fayyaad's name, before realizing it's probably easier for both of them if the tiefling introduces himself. His name was a little long to fingerspell.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-05-05 at 04:49 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Fyyaad turns to face the two women. Fettina's sisters, no doubt. The resemblance is unmistakable. Both in appearance and demeanor. He makes a short, formal bow.

"My name is Fayyaad ibn-Haashid al-Zafar. But just Fayyaad is fine. I'm a friend to both of today's brides."
    Last edited by Morty; 2022-05-07 at 09:33 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

[Bottom of the Hill]

Mania might be able to tell that Fettina is mostly immune to such things, even when well-intended. Something about her aura rebuffs attempts to psychically comfort her, like a cold breeze. Fettina, being Fettina, doesn't even seem to notice. "Calm me down? Sheesh, honey, I mean, I'm flattered... But we should at least wait until after the wedding, huh? Plus, I'm not even sure it'd work..." Wait, what? Fettina just rubs her chin, considering new possibilities.

Fettina watches the band move back and forth as they hurry to prep with some modicum of glee. "Eee, you girls are just like I imagined. Well, better dressed. I'll admit, they're not anything like I've heard about you, but you all look fabulous!" She tries to call this loud enough so the whole band hears.
    [Bottom of the Hill]

If Fettina hasn't seen a succubus blush before, now she has. Malady, it seems, still can't quite hold her compliments very well, and in the brief moment between hearing Fettina's appraisal and hiding her face behind Ecstacy's dress, turns a very deep shade of red and lets out an ecstatic squeal.

Ecstacy, meanwhile, smiles and waves back at the angel, blowing her a kiss back, not seeming to know or care that this isn't very appropriate behavior for addressing the bride on her wedding day.

Euphoria looks over at Fettina and gives her a perfectly weighted smirk, just large enough to be noticed at that distance, as she eyes the bride with renewed interest.

All very well-rehearsed responses, really.

Mania purrs slightly and give Fettina a little wave. "Thank you. We've worked hard to get where we are." She grins and adjusts the top of her dress, leaning in to talk to Fettina without risking being overheard. "About that other thing, though... that's, ah, not a service we offer. It's very risky to try such things with a succubus... three of us can kill with a kiss, and three of us have. Hence the name." Tactfully omitting that they aren't the same three and that she herself is no longer a demon. "Besides..." She giggles, leaning back to less private levels again. "It wouldn't do to spoil your appetite, would it?"

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

]

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Nave]

Olvisin turns around abruptly, but smiles when she sees it's Chidi.

"Oh! Yeah, that's them. Three out of six. Zaalmin, Kuvesh and Luuvat," she says, pointing in order at her sister, the large brother and the lanky brother. "This is Chidi, my friend from MERC."

"Oh, yeah. You've mentioned him. Nice to finally meet you, Chidi," Zaalmin says. "You're the one who knows a lot about cybernetics, right?"

"And helped her get those arms," Luuvat adds.

It's not clear if Olvisin told them about just what kind of friends they are with Chidi, but he already knows that Olvisin's siblings share her interest in cybernetics and similar body-modification technology.
    [Nave]

Chidi looks at each as they're named and pointed to, then bows once they're all introduced. "The pleasure's all mine, folks." He chuckles, scratching his moustache. "Not as much as others, I'm more of a weaponsmith... but I know what you mean, cybernetics are common where I'm from."

"Something tells me y'all would want one, and I won't fault you for that. I got some too, on my legs." He adds, making conversation.
    Love is the message.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nave]

Caught? Caught! Well at least spotted. Practically a disaster! Rein's going to have to use the camouflage trick next time and wear a bush over a cardboard box over himself.

Well, fine. Reinholdt's not beaten yet, even if his stealth game needs more practice. No slowly lumbering mountain is going to catch a surprisingly fast kitty. All Rein has to do is duck under this white chair and he's invincible. AND if hulking door guy gets close, Rein can just walk away under the chairs to one that's two rows away. What are you going to do about that mister too tall for his own good? Hah, humanoids and their inability to walk under chairs. Truly inferior species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

[Nave]

"Oh, yes, definitely. That's why we all came here. Olvisin was just quicker. Ever the show-off."

"It's called being proactive. And if you get metal arms, you'll need to make sure your own spells don't short-circuit them."

"Just how much can you replace with cybernetics? Doesn't always need to be visible and external, right?" Zaalmin asks. "I've heard stuff about subdermal armor plates, for instance. Or bone reinforcement."

27. - Top - End - #27

[Bride's Tent]

"A dreamy man with a dreamy name. Gosh, Fettina meets all the interesting people here..." Gelley huffs as if out of jealousy. "A friend huh? You're not gonna object at the last second because you secretly wanna marry them, right?"

"Are you our fellow bridesman, then?" Naitiri asks, more seriously.

[Bottom of the Hill]

Boy, they sure seem like a fun bunch. If only Fettina weren't kinda cursed. Well, that was what this whole wedding was about. Being able to get intimate with people she cares about. Also, it was kinda for fun.

"Well, hey," Fettina leans in to whisper back, taking a glance to make sure her father is busy with a caterer when she does, "If I weren't sorta stuck like this against my will, I'd totally put that to the test. Just so you know. I'm pretty tough. But as it is, I also can't 'kiss' anybody who hasn't put a ring on my finger." She grins brilliantly. "So you'll just have to let me ogle you all just a smidge, okay? Let a girl dream."

Ironically, if Fettina didn't have an angel's constitution, she probably couldn't survive fooling around with any of them anyways... but let a girl dream!

"I guess you're right. It wouldn't. But you can help me get it worked up!" Fettina winks. "I'm gonna give this cute Russian the time of her life later tonight, so you had all better put on quite a show."

[The Nave]

Hopefully the doorman doesn't bother anyone as he lumbers around, bending down to check under chairs, occasionally picking one up to search for the 'stray'. "C'mon, kitty," says the man softly. "We can't have you running around in here..." He gets down on one knee and peers under the rows, looking at Rein. The darn thing can run circles around him if it wants. He does that 'pspsps' sound that everyone thinks will make cats run right over to them. "I'll give ya something nice from the food tent..."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #28

[Bottom of the Hill]

Boy, they sure seem like a fun bunch. If only Fettina weren't kinda cursed. Well, that was what this whole wedding was about. Being able to get intimate with people she cares about. Also, it was kinda for fun.

"Well, hey," Fettina leans in to whisper back, taking a glance to make sure her father is busy with a caterer when she does, "If I weren't sorta stuck like this against my will, I'd totally put that to the test. Just so you know. I'm pretty tough. But as it is, I also can't 'kiss' anybody who hasn't put a ring on my finger." She grins brilliantly. "So you'll just have to let me ogle you all just a smidge, okay? Let a girl dream."

Ironically, if Fettina didn't have an angel's constitution, she probably couldn't survive fooling around with any of them anyways... but let a girl dream!

"I guess you're right. It wouldn't. But you can help me get it worked up!" Fettina winks. "I'm gonna give this cute Russian the time of her life later tonight, so you had all better put on quite a show."
    [Bottom of the Hill]

Mania's eyes widen and she breaks out into a grin. "Well, that's a directive I would have expected at the bachelorette party, not the wedding, but you've come to the right seductresses." She giggles, running a finger along her throat to disguise the sudden appearance of a by-now familiar choker. "That settles it. You and your lovely lady are going to get the full DEATHKISS experience." She smirks and tilts her head in such a way as to let Fettina have an unobstructed view of her bandmates. "...Well, almost the full experience. Whatever else you do, don't throw any garments at them. Malady and Ecstacy especially. They will NOT take it well." She waves the warning away and gives Fettina a little hug around the back (it would be the shoulders if not for the height difference). "Why don't I introduce the lot of you properly? If you want to get properly riled, I mean..."
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-05-07 at 06:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

Bride's Tent

Cantata gestures towards Naitiri and nods, doing her best to confirm one sister's question without making them think she's confirming the other's. "Am I one of those interesting people?" The woman gives Gelley a playful smile as she finishes signing.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Dreamy man with a dreamy name? That's one of the more charming ways Fayyaad has been described.

"Have no fear, I have no intention of interrupting the ceremony," he says, smoothly, as though it was a serious concern. "But yes, I am one of Cantata's bridesmen."