New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Many Weddings of Fettina

[The Nave]

Reinholdt stares at this guy. Is he serious?

Food?

Well then, Rein has no choice but to get up, look like he's heading towards the pspsps, but immediately veer off into the other guests, heading for the food tent himself. Getting food was a good idea, now that doorman guy mentioned it. But on his terms, no one else's! In fact, it was probably Rein's idea to begin with.

Excuse me, coming through, mind the fur. Oh ho, might want to get that suit dry cleaned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Fashionably Late]

Anika comes in flying, literally, through the doors as a giant falcon which lands on the floor where it changes into her humanoid form. Her arms spread in a dramatic gesture. "Ta-da! I came!"

She's not dressed in her usual attire however.

She's dressed in something far worse.

Her pants are completely crocheted. Painstakingly so even considering the time that has to have gone into them. There's a square pattern across them made by teal jagged lines. Within these squares are multicolored patterns of orange, brown and finally red as in the center of each pattern is a stylized heart.

This brightly colored leg wear is contrasted by the druids leather shirt which is a earthly shade of brown. It's cut much like a jeans jacket and has been partly buttoned up with silver-colored buttons.
    This silver color can be seen in the intricate patterns of metal that adorns the rest of the jacket, in particular the shoulders.

Finally, as is hinted at by the unbuttoned portion of this shirt her chest seems to be held in a leather chest-piece of the same color as the jacket adorned with the same silver colored metal (likely bits salvaged from other clothes by the looks of it).

The druid then looks around and briefly starts picking her nose as she does so. Pretty fancy party here, huh?

[Already Here]

Dena didn't really want to be here.
    But outweighing that was the need to not come off as a complete jerk considering her weird relationship with Tina.

So she is there in loose fitting clothing of a kind that she rarely if ever wore. The kind that hid the little bump on her belly since as much as she loved being a conversation started that was one she didn't feel like starting right now.

She was drinking from a glass she had made sure contained juice and quietly cursed her fate. There would probably be people to chat up around here but her condition made everything feel weird. It was the first party she had attended like this and considering how things were going, likely also her last.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fashionably Early/ate]

Also arriving at the wedding are two dark elves. In the lead is Wren, his long white hair done up in its usual ponytail, and wearing an elegant pastel pink tailcoat, looking radiant and cheerful to attend his friend's wedding. Flanking him is Cass, dressed much more conservatively in a dark blue jeogori with a modern cut and embroidered floral patterns, and slim dark trousers, and carrying a general aura of malaise and discontent. Discontent no doubt amplified by the fact that Cass has seemingly been recruited to carry Wren's instrument case, which they have done so with an air of thorough malevolence which only seems to perk up the mood of their 'older' sibling, who gives Cass a jaunty grin as they pass the threshold of the adhoc encampment into the venue area proper.

"Oh cheer up, C. If you were going to spend another day holed up in your library in the dark all moody watching Nexflix I think I would have ended up crying from the patheticness of it all. Being outside for a few hours won't kill you. It's a wedding! Weddings are supposed to be happy. Didn't you learn that from all those trashy romances you read?"

"Matrimony and romance are separate things. One is an expression of passion, the other is a glorified business transaction."

"Is that the answer you'll give Wenomir if he ever pops the question?"

Cass flushes a deep purple, missing a step, and then catching up to Wren with a particularly vile drow curse.

"The commander also does not see the value of such traditions. I doubt he's considered it."

"You're such a natural pair," says Wren, his voice oozing with sarcasm. "It's a party. A party with free booze. I'm sure Fayyaad and Kal will be around too, so at least you'll have some hot ass to stare at. Alcohol and tiefling ass. I'm sure you'll find some way to enjoy yourself. Uh, not too much, though."

Whatever reply Cass would have made is lost, however, as Cass soon spots Anika, their usual delight at seeing the kaldorei quickly tamped down by sudden horror as they notice- "What sunblinded abomination is she wearing?

"...you should definitely ask her all about it. Okay hand over that case, I'll be headed for the bridal tent."

Wren pries the instrument case from the dumbfounded Cass' grasp, and does as indicated, leaving his horrorstruck sibling to approach Anika with a sense of awe and dread.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2022-05-10 at 03:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Nave]

"Oh, yes, definitely. That's why we all came here. Olvisin was just quicker. Ever the show-off."

"It's called being proactive. And if you get metal arms, you'll need to make sure your own spells don't short-circuit them."

"Just how much can you replace with cybernetics? Doesn't always need to be visible and external, right?" Zaalmin asks. "I've heard stuff about subdermal armor plates, for instance. Or bone reinforcement."
    [Nave]

Chidi chuckles at the sibling banter. Olvisin wasn't joking when she spoke about having all four of them in a room, after all. "Depending on how your magic works, it shouldn't. Short-circuit metal arms, I mean."

At Zaalmin's question, he scratches his moustache in thought. "I can't answer that question as accurately as Doc S can, see? For us, everything but the brain is replaceable, the metal used is present in our cells, and acts like an extension of our bodies. For others, it depends. Doc's told Olvi and I of people who pass a certain limit have it affect their mental health, or their bodies rejecting any more implants, or them losing the ability to use magic... As for you, I think you'll have to let the good Doc scan you."

He turns to look at Olvisin's arms, smiling. "She already scanned Olvi, but it might be different for you others."

((Or, in RP speak, "me buying time until the scene gets to that point before I decide" UwU))
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

5. - Top - End - #35

[Fashionably Early/ate]

The druid stops picking her nose as soon as she spots Cass and her hand is instead used to try to dramatically wave them over. "Cass! I didn't even know that you knew Tina too! That's so cool! Did you sex her up too? Or are you the other gal's friend?" Anika's extremely long eyebrows are raised with overbearing curiosity.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-05-10 at 11:41 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fashionably Early/ate]

Cass' face seems to jump in shock. Every time. Every time you think you can't be surprised by Anika anymore. That you're going to be prepared for whatever incredibly blunt or shocking thing she's going to say.

But you'd be wrong.

"I haven't met either of the engaged parties, much less sexed them up," says Cass, peevishly. "I'm only here under coercion from my recalcitrant brother, so you'll have to ask him which one he's ****ed.

Cass scowls at the retreating form of Wren, who, as if sensing the force of Cass' malice, turns to wave jauntily at the both of them, before continuing towards the bridal tent. Which would answer that question, in any case.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2022-05-10 at 11:39 AM.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bottom of the Hill]

"Well... I gotta meet with my groomsmaid and groomsman at some point here... but sure! What the hell!" says Tina, blushing a little and elated by the chance to meet the cool musicians. She only awkwardly returns the hug. Her blush makes her cheeks look like steel fresh from a forge. "Bye daddy! I'll see you in a few minutes!" She waves at the older man. Her father simply sighs.

[Bride's Tent]

"Of course you are," Gelley tells Cantie reassuringly, slipping over and giving her a squeeze on the arm. "Are you kidding? Sexy proto-European spy? The whole femme-fatale bag? You're golden, baby."

She shoots Fayyaad a playful grin since he's being such a good sport with her comments, but then Naitiri breaks in. "Well, if you're her old buddy I suppose that means you can stand closest and be the man of honor for the two of them. That's totally fine. Have you ever done anything like this before, Fayyaad?"

[Nave]

Ah, this little pest was gonna play hard to get. Had to be one of the guest's pets... but who would bring their cat to a wedding? In a little tailored suit? Come on now.

The doorman - who now appears to have switched careers to animal control - will slowly follow Reinholdt at a distance, gently nudging people aside until he can get closer to the feline menace...
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Fashionably Early/ate]

Cass' face seems to jump in shock. Every time. Every time you think you can't be surprised by Anika anymore. That you're going to be prepared for whatever incredibly blunt or shocking thing she's going to say.

But you'd be wrong.

"I haven't met either of the engaged parties, much less sexed them up," says Cass, peevishly. "I'm only here under coercion from my recalcitrant brother, so you'll have to ask him which one he's ****ed.

Cass scowls at the retreating form of Wren, who, as if sensing the force of Cass' malice, turns to wave jauntily at the both of them, before continuing towards the bridal tent. Which would answer that question, in any case.
    [Fashionably Early/ate]

Anika's comprehension seems to get stuck at one particularly word there. "Rec-recalci- your what brother?" She inquires while she waves back at Wren.

"He seems like a normal brother to me. But I just got a sister so I wouldn't know. Pretty hot though, but I'm guessing you get that a lot."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-05-10 at 02:55 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39

Bride Tent

Cantata blushes as much out of embarrassment as she genuinely appreciates the compliments, her other hand moving to sneak a small bite off the plate Gelley had brought in earlier. She looks between Naitiri and Fayyaad.

"Yes, that could work," she signs, although she seems a little hesitant. The maid/man of honor was a role that she had admittedly avoided filling - the way it could read as tacitly valuing one of her bridesmen above the other hadn't sat right with her.

Fashionably Early/Late

Speaking of being here only thanks to accompanied persons, Cass might spot a blonde catgirl arriving behind Anika, slowing down from a steady jog. She glances around for a moment before stopping to look in Anika's direction, and her eyes light up. "There you are!" Blanche states, heading over towards them. "Geez, Anika couldn't you have waited up for me? not all of us can turn into a bird you know."

Blanche is dressed a bit more sensibly than her girlfriend today, something Cass will probably be thankful for. She's tried to rise to the occasion with a simple, gold-accented dress with a skirt hemmed at the ankles, the fabric dyed a light pink to match her eyes. She's wearing a fairly low and functionable set of heels that don't look like they were too much of a pain to run in, and has seemingly done her best to tidy and straighten her blonde hair. Even so, she's still wearing that worn green military jacket over it all.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"Well... I gotta meet with my groomsmaid and groomsman at some point here... but sure! What the hell!" says Tina, blushing a little and elated by the chance to meet the cool musicians. She only awkwardly returns the hug. Her blush makes her cheeks look like steel fresh from a forge. "Bye daddy! I'll see you in a few minutes!" She waves at the older man. Her father simply sighs.
    [Bottom of the Hill]

Mania gives Amari a little smile. "Don't worry! She's in good hands! (Reasonably skilled hands, anyway.)" She calls back, before bringing Fettina up to meet the band.

As Mania and Fettina approach, the other three succubi stop what they're doing, setting down their equipment to greet her properly.

"Good news, girls!" Mania grins. "This is Fettina. She's one of today's blushing brides, and as it happens, she's asked us to help her as much as we can with the blushing part."

"So, you mean..." Malady begins, hand going up to her mouth as she pieces together the implications.

"That's right. She's a big fan of our work." Mania comes between her vocalist and guitarist and gives them a collective hug. "Particularly some of our earlier works, if you catch my meaning."

Malady shoots her a brief, withering glare before turning her attention back to Fettina, nibbling nervously at her nails and blushing at the angel. "Well, um... hi. I'm Malady, but, uh, you already knew that, I guess... it's, um, it's an honor to be playing at your, um, wedding..."

Ecstacy shakes herself free of Mania and hugs up against Malady from behind, giving her a comforting rub on the shoulder. "Name's Ecstacy. Like Mal said; great to be here." She smirks. "Good venue, good company," she flashes Fettina a flirtatious wink, "let the good times roll, amirite?"

"And of course, you already know me." Mania smiles. "If you or the other missus-to-be need anything, come straight to me. I'm sure I'll be able to accomodate you."

"And finally, there's Euphoria." Mania introduces the oldest and largest of the succubi, who has her hands on her hips and looks slightly down to make eye contact with Fettina. (Even if Fettina is taller; having a variable appearance has its advantages.) "She's kind of the creative brains of the operation, I don't know if you've heard. She doesn't talk much these days, but..."

Euphoria flashes Fettina a small, amused smirk and leans against a convenient nearby lamppost, an unmistakable look in her eye.

"...Well, actions do speak louder than words." Mania giggles.
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-05-12 at 06:12 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Already Here]

Dena didn't really want to be here.
    But outweighing that was the need to not come off as a complete jerk considering her weird relationship with Tina.

So she is there in loose fitting clothing of a kind that she rarely if ever wore. The kind that hid the little bump on her belly since as much as she loved being a conversation started that was one she didn't feel like starting right now.

She was drinking from a glass she had made sure contained juice and quietly cursed her fate. There would probably be people to chat up around here but her condition made everything feel weird. It was the first party she had attended like this and considering how things were going, likely also her last.
    [Already Here]

A familiar presence steps up alongside Dena, like a dower shadow over her shoulder. Even his typical stony face can't help but display his mood. "Trying to enjoy yourself?" He inquires.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nave]

At some point Rein stops, head turned to look back at the doorman. Practically taunting him, or at least noticing him in that way cats do when they're being followed. Growing extremely still. Crouching down. As if waiting for the doorman to scoop him up.

Like all cats, it's a pure ruse. He waits for the Doorman to get closer, closer... just close enough... then suddenly the cat screechs out a loud "MEOWRL!!" and is off again, darting gods knows where at stupid speeds. He's going to trip somebody at this rate, unless the doorman can catch him in that brief, almost illusionary window.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Already Here]

A familiar presence steps up alongside Dena, like a dower shadow over her shoulder. Even his typical stony face can't help but display his mood. "Trying to enjoy yourself?" He inquires.
    [Already Here]

"As much as this cider is trying to be alcohol, yeah." Dena remarks as she raises her glass and looks to Kirk. "Are you?" As she makes the question her attention is briefly drawn to the sound of a cat crying out. She knew that one...
    "Since you wouldn't be alone by the looks of it. Rein's here, though I can't recall his connection to Tina right this instance..." Since this party was packed. Had Tina actually invited every one-night stand she had over the years?
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-05-12 at 12:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

[Bottom of the Hill]

"It's an honor to have you guys!" Fettina replies to Malady, looking elated. She just wishes she hadn't necessarily met the gang at her own wedding... "Let the good times roll, baby."

Then things get along to Euphoria... and Fettina has to take a second to swallow and steady herself while she eyes the succubus. Man, she was... "Big," she says. "I-I mean, hi!" Tina is not exactly large, being no taller than five-foot-four.

"So, look, ladies, I can't get into anything... you know... too crazy. I don't want Cantata - my bride-to-be - to think I'm giving more attention to the band than her. I just, uh..." Tina runs a hand through her hair. "I wish I'd met you all on a different day, heheh..."

"I-It's funny," says Tina. "I actually play an instrument too. Piano. And I can rock a keytar too."

[Nave --> Outside]

"Damn it!" swears the doorman, mid-lunge. Well, he does have one trick up his sleeve... He flexes his metal hand and an object seems to spring into existence there. Rein will have seen something like it with Tina before, with her piano seemingly appearing from nowhere. In this case, it's a long rod of golden light, a glimmering construct made of force. In this case, it's a kind of... tiny man catcher. Or kitty-catcher. It ends in two little arms. He lunges out with this pole, trying to get Reinholdt around the middle and gently hoist him up.

Of course, hopefully the big man and Reinholdt don't crash into anyone...

((Gonna give Mort a chance to post in Bride's Tent))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

[Nave - Meeting the Goblins]

"The metal... in your bodies? You mean you have some innate predisposition for cybernetics?" Kuvesh asks. "That sounds really useful."

Olvisin already knew it, but she'll let Chidi explain.

[Already Here]

Kirk and Dena are approached by MERC's third leader, who seems to be in considerably higher spirits than they are. Dipsnig is wearing a military-style coat with a high collar, befitting his usual style. There's a sash across his chest. Owing perhaps to his wife's influence, there's a technological motif to it, with metal plates and gears adorning the coat.

"Kirk. Dena. You two are looking a little morose."

[Bride's Tent]

"Not quite the same thing, but I'm a quick learner," Fayyaad replies smoothly. "However, we do have another bridesman, so maybe you should meet him before deciding."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Bottom of the Hill]

"It's an honor to have you guys!" Fettina replies to Malady, looking elated. She just wishes she hadn't necessarily met the gang at her own wedding... "Let the good times roll, baby."

Then things get along to Euphoria... and Fettina has to take a second to swallow and steady herself while she eyes the succubus. Man, she was... "Big," she says. "I-I mean, hi!" Tina is not exactly large, being no taller than five-foot-four.

"So, look, ladies, I can't get into anything... you know... too crazy. I don't want Cantata - my bride-to-be - to think I'm giving more attention to the band than her. I just, uh..." Tina runs a hand through her hair. "I wish I'd met you all on a different day, heheh..."

"I-It's funny," says Tina. "I actually play an instrument too. Piano. And I can rock a keytar too."
    [Bottom of the Hill]

Compared to Euphoria, who stands at (what else?) six foot six, Tina must look and feel just tiny. Which is part of the point, naturally.

"Piano, you say?" Mania grins and gives Euphoria a little nudge in the hip, being too short to reach her ribs. "You thinking what I'm thinking, Euy?"

"...Possibly." The larger succubus smirks. "But if we're doing that, it will be by request only. I will not be spraining my wrist today."

Mania nods. "Fair enough." She smiles and turns back to Fettina. "Don't worry too much about us. We're professionals; we can gauge ourselves appropriately."

"...Speaking of which." Malady clears her throat and holds up one of the invitations. "Depending on how serious you were about this bit here..." She runs her finger under the lines about only accepting quiet kids. "We, um, might have underage attendees. We shouldn't really be going all-out anyway."

"So you're not going to do that thing with the mic stand, Mal?" Ecstacy jokes.

The youngest of the succubi turns a deep shade of red. "I-It was just that one time! And I'm not going to let you talk me into using vodka as a cure for stage fright again!"

Ecstacy waves her hand dismissively. "No big. We'll just do some of our covers, then. And maybe Too Hot For Heaven, since that one got by the ratings boards all right."

"Is that one situationally appropriate, though? Considering..." Mania gestures at Tina.

"I don't know, why don't you ask her?"

"...I think we implicitly just did."
    Who're you? ...Don't matter.

Want some rye? 'Course ya do!

Here's to us.
    Who's like us?
    Damn few,
    and they're aaall dead.

*gushes unintelligibly over our cat, Sunshine*

[Nexus characters, grouped by setting:
    Ouroboros: here
    Maesda: here
    Others: here
    ]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Already Here]

"As much as this cider is trying to be alcohol, yeah." Dena remarks as she raises her glass and looks to Kirk. "Are you?" As she makes the question her attention is briefly drawn to the sound of a cat crying out. She knew that one...
    "Since you wouldn't be alone by the looks of it. Rein's here, though I can't recall his connection to Tina right this instance..." Since this party was packed. Had Tina actually invited every one-night stand she had over the years?
    [Already Here]

Kirk and Dena are approached by MERC's third leader, who seems to be in considerably higher spirits than they are. Dipsnig is wearing a military-style coat with a high collar, befitting his usual style. There's a sash across his chest. Owing perhaps to his wife's influence, there's a technological motif to it, with metal plates and gears adorning the coat.

"Kirk. Dena. You two are looking a little morose."
    [Already Here]

Kirk shrugs to Dena. An answer to her question? A remark on her wedding guest observation? Kirk's being as deflective as he can be it seems.

And here comes Dipsnig. Finally someone to brighten up the room. "You're as astute as ever, boss." Kirk replies dryly.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

"The metal... in your bodies? You mean you have some innate predisposition for cybernetics?" Kuvesh asks. "That sounds really useful."

Olvisin already knew it, but she'll let Chidi explain.

"Yes, exactly. I must admit, finding out that not everyone has this predisposition surprised me even more than finding out that most beings only have white sclera." Chidi responds, chuckling while giving Olvisin's shoulder a little squeeze. "It's probably not necessary when using another metal for cybernetics, though."

"PROIs should help, come to think of it. I've heard it can have unique effects on non-numans. A person I know, Mirai, used that technology to regrow their tiefling wife's tail, or so I hear." He's too busy scratching his moustache in thought to explain just what PROI stands for.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fashionably Early/ate]

Anika's comprehension seems to get stuck at one particularly word there. "Rec-recalci- your what brother?" She inquires while she waves back at Wren.

"He seems like a normal brother to me. But I just got a sister so I wouldn't know. Pretty hot though, but I'm guessing you get that a lot."
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post

Fashionably Early/Late

Speaking of being here only thanks to accompanied persons, Cass might spot a blonde catgirl arriving behind Anika, slowing down from a steady jog. She glances around for a moment before stopping to look in Anika's direction, and her eyes light up. "There you are!" Blanche states, heading over towards them. "Geez, Anika couldn't you have waited up for me? not all of us can turn into a bird you know."

Blanche is dressed a bit more sensibly than her girlfriend today, something Cass will probably be thankful for. She's tried to rise to the occasion with a simple, gold-accented dress with a skirt hemmed at the ankles, the fabric dyed a light pink to match her eyes. She's wearing a fairly low and functionable set of heels that don't look like they were too much of a pain to run in, and has seemingly done her best to tidy and straighten her blonde hair. Even so, she's still wearing that worn green military jacket over it all.
    [Fashionably Early/Late]

Anika's comments seem to do little to improve Cass' dismal mood, though they force themselves into slightly less of a scowl, for Anika's sake. Their attention is drawn by the approaching catgirl, and they glance briefly at her, and then back to Anika, waiting for Anika to introduce her.

20. - Top - End - #50

[Fashionably Early/Late]

"Well, not everyone can handle Snippy either." Anika declares with a grin as she gestures towards Blanche. "This is Blanche, she's a hunter- er, soldier and one of my best buds." She drapes her arm over the catgirls shoulders. The way she does it should suggest exactly what sort of relationship the two have.

Then she gestures at Cass. "And this is Cass, they're a mage!" She looks between the two. "But you two must have seen each other before right? Wenomir and Cass are like the most awesome duo in VIGIL, they're pretty hard to miss."

[Already Here]

"Not as morose as the doorman will be I imagine." She nods at the man just giving up dealing with Rein while taking a quick sip from her drink. "I bet you fifty that there's going to be Tina related drama before this party is over and he's going to have to throw someone out. Probably one of her exes making a scene. The poor guy has no idea what he just got into accepting this job." And that wasn't even considering all the shady connections Cantata might have that could involve themselves in this.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

"We know how that feels. Going out into the world and finding out most topsiders have white eyes... it was weird."

"My arms work fine, so these cybernetics can work with goblin physiology. Maybe not always, but there's no complete rejection." Olvisin flexes said arms.

"What are PROIs, though?"

[Already Here]

Dipsnig rubs his chin. He's not sure if there will be drama. He doesn't know Tina that well. He knows Cantata better, because she's a member, and Dena isn't wrong about her having had some shady connections. One way or the other, this could be entertaining.

"I'll take that bet. I say there will be drama, but no one will be thrown out. I don't think I've seen a fight at a party in a while. Though I hear things got close on my wedding. Either way, the night's still young."
    Last edited by Morty; 2022-05-15 at 08:15 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

"We know how that feels. Going out into the world and finding out most topsiders have white eyes... it was weird."

"My arms work fine, so these cybernetics can work with goblin physiology. Maybe not always, but there's no complete rejection." Olvisin flexes said arms.

"What are PROIs, though?"

"Yeah, you guys get it!" Chidi nods excitedly, knowing the yellow-eyed goblins would be able to relate. He grins as he watches Olvisin flex her arms, then raises up a finger to get their attention. "Note that you'll probably get more information from the woman herself. I can answer any questions you have, but my expertise is weaponry. I served in the army, see?"

Ah, PROIs! He forgot to explain. Silly him... but that can be remedied now. "PROIs stand for Programmable Organite Implants. The cells we numans evolved are what organites are. Olvisin got injected with a small dose, enough to facilitate compatibility with the cybernetics, since her body doesn't produce it naturally... unlike ours."
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Nave --> Outside]

Woah! No one warned Reinholdt that there would be a hardlight cat catcher Inspector gadget style popping in out of nowhere! Rein's caught off guard entirely, expecting that he was out of reach and being wrong. Of course momentum practically insists that they crash into someone or something...

But nothing seems to have gotten in their way. Or at least no one. Can't say the same about any of the decorations! And none of this is going to stop Rein from squirming and struggling against the grasp of the doorman's trap. He pushes so very hard with his little kitty paws! Relatively. Unfortunately relatively is rather weak in terms of absolute. So progress is not made. Yet Rein gives another pitiful meow in hopes that it will lower the doorman's guard and convince him to let Rein go.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

24. - Top - End - #54

Fashionably Early/Late

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Fashionably Early/Late]

Anika's comments seem to do little to improve Cass' dismal mood, though they force themselves into slightly less of a scowl, for Anika's sake. Their attention is drawn by the approaching catgirl, and they glance briefly at her, and then back to Anika, waiting for Anika to introduce her.
    [Fashionably Early/Late]

"Well, not everyone can handle Snippy either." Anika declares with a grin as she gestures towards Blanche. "This is Blanche, she's a hunter- er, soldier and one of my best buds." She drapes her arm over the catgirls shoulders. The way she does it should suggest exactly what sort of relationship the two have.

Then she gestures at Cass. "And this is Cass, they're a mage!" She looks between the two. "But you two must have seen each other before right? Wenomir and Cass are like the most awesome duo in VIGIL, they're pretty hard to miss."

The catgirl blinks and turns towards Cass. "Er, hello," she greets, her cheeks lighting up a little as Anika drapes her arms over her for a time. "I've, er, not met them before yet, no - though I think Wenomir's mentioned you a couple of times. We're... sort of work friends? I work at VIGIL too, do a fair amount of work for the co-commanders in general."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Bride's Tent]

"Oh, well, if he's another friend of Cantie's from here," Gelley looks between Cantie and Fayyaad, "Maybe the bride should decide who she wants as the man of honor, huh?"

Naitiri nods sagely. Actually a good suggestion from her silly little sister.

Bottom of the Hill]

Fettina puts her hands on her hips and tries to put on an air of confidence. "Girls, that sounds like it oughta be my theme song. You can bet it's not gonna hurt my feelings. But... yeah, maybe... slight restraint. At least if we see any kids around. Y'know?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #56

[Bottom of the Hill]

Ecstacy smiles and fans herself, blushing slightly. "Gee, lady, if you weren't getting married today..." She begins, in a suggestive tone of voice.

"Buuuut she is." Mania interrupts, giving her and Malady a little push towards the stage area. "All right, I think that concludes the setup portion of this gig. So just sit back, relax, and enjoy the music." She gives Fettina a little wave and starts up the hill herself. "Congratulations again!"
    Last edited by Ironsmith; 2022-05-16 at 01:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

[Already Here]

"Not as morose as the doorman will be I imagine." She nods at the man just giving up dealing with Rein while taking a quick sip from her drink. "I bet you fifty that there's going to be Tina related drama before this party is over and he's going to have to throw someone out. Probably one of her exes making a scene. The poor guy has no idea what he just got into accepting this job." And that wasn't even considering all the shady connections Cantata might have that could involve themselves in this.
    [Already Here]

Dipsnig rubs his chin. He's not sure if there will be drama. He doesn't know Tina that well. He knows Cantata better, because she's a member, and Dena isn't wrong about her having had some shady connections. One way or the other, this could be entertaining.

"I'll take that bet. I say there will be drama, but no one will be thrown out. I don't think I've seen a fight at a party in a while. Though I hear things got close on my wedding. Either way, the night's still young."
    [Already Here]

"Now it's you two that are looking from trouble." Kirk replies with a sly smile. "If Fettina caught wind of this conversation I'm sure she'd be displeased." He's not exactly sure of that, but it's an amusing thought to present.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Fashionably Early/Late

"If I'm hard to miss, then I'm afraid I'm not doing my job that well," says Cass lightly, giving Anika a pleased smile at her choice of pronoun. As Blanche engages them in conversation, her previous surliness has been replaced by a carefully polite affect.

"I see. I admit I rarely inquire with the Commander as to his work or subordinates, though if you're a friend of Anika's..." Cass glances back and forth between Anika and Blanche, indeed picking up exactly the nature of the relationship between the two of them. Not that it's exactly a hard guess to make, given that, well, it's Anika. Their pale eyes seem to appraise Blanche for a moment, before flicking away, distracted. "I've only known Anika to be an attentive and enthusiastic judge of one's attractive qualities. A pleasure to meet you."

Bride Tent

Well, regardless of whether Fayyaad, Gelley, and Naitiri are still here or not, Wren will make his way inside, looking around for the lady of the hour herself, a mischievous expression on his face. Bantering with Cass always puts him in a specifically good mood.

"You know what the sexiest thing about a wedding dress is? I get to see you in it before the groom does."

This can only end well.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2022-05-16 at 11:54 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    The catgirl blinks and turns towards Cass. "Er, hello," she greets, her cheeks lighting up a little as Anika drapes her arms over her for a time. "I've, er, not met them before yet, no - though I think Wenomir's mentioned you a couple of times. We're... sort of work friends? I work at VIGIL too, do a fair amount of work for the co-commanders in general."
    [Already Here]

Quote Originally Posted by Gullara View Post
    [Already Here]

"Now it's you two that are looking from trouble." Kirk replies with a sly smile. "If Fettina caught wind of this conversation I'm sure she'd be displeased." He's not exactly sure of that, but it's an amusing thought to present.
    [Already Here]

"Tina is probably going to have a lot more to be displeased with once the night is over, Kirk. Let me remind you that our group dynamic is basically making fun of one another for hours on end. So the fact I'm betting on disaster happening is probably the least she's expecting by inviting us here. I mean, someone has to provide the interesting commentary on an event like this." Dena looks down at Dipsnig and offers her hand to shake. "So let's shake on that bet boss. Tina wouldn't have it any other way."

Fashionably Early/Late

"Like that one time that you decked a gal, Blanche. You remember that? Since that was some attractive quality." Anika let's out a low wolf-whistle. "Hope you don't have to deck anyone in here, am I right?" She winks at the catgirl.

30. - Top - End - #60

Bride's Tent

"I don't like having one of you above the other, but... Wren is playing the wedding march, so maybe Fayyaad should do so," Cantata concedes. It would be a bit taxing for someone to have to pull double duty, especially as they don't have a ring bearer. And speaking of, "Maybe you should speak with Fettina's about exchanging rings?

Fashionably Present

"You as well. I hear that you're very good at what you do, even if I haven't heard much." Blanche offers a polite smile, not entirely catching the possible backhand in the compliment. Attractive traits can be more than aesthetic, after all. And there are a few for Cass to notice as they talk. There's a sense of capability to her, a confidence and willingness to act once provided direction even under the thin veneer of awkwardness that being at a fancy party seems to provide.

"I'm not sure I'd say that," the catgirl responds, lightly embarrassed. "But yeah, probably not something I'd want either. Punching's not my strong suit." She's not entirely sure how she feels about the impression a story like that offers - but when Anika's involved, well, it tends to be best if she rolls with the punches.

Bride's Tent - Wren

Cantata's other bridesman arrives a little bit later, once the previous trio have departed to help prepare and otherwise mingle with the guests. She offers Wren a friendly smile as he enters, biting into a snack from the tray Gelley brought her - although his remark earns him a chiding look as she tilts her head and quirks a brow. Surely there's more appropriate ways to greet the bride, her eyes seem to say.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show