New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Many Weddings of Fettina

Fashionably Early/Late

"Hmm. I may have to speak with your commander. I never knew him to be such a gossip," says Cass. Who knows what stories he could be spreading about them? Shocking! "Sometimes a solid punch is well deserved. Though it may be prudent to avoid doing so at a wedding. Is there something you do consider your strong suit, if it's not punching people?"

Bride Tent - Wren

"Sorry," says Wren, not managing to sound even a little bit sorry as he comes up closer to Cantata, with a crooked smile and a rather wolfish expression. "I can't help but be charmed by how ravishing you look today. My heartfelt congratulations."

Wren manages contrition a little bit better as he gives Cantata a deep bow, an effect only slightly spoiled by the positively chivalrous (as Lancelot was to Guinevere) kiss on the hand he gives Cantata as part of it.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2022-05-17 at 07:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fashionably Early/Late

"Come on, don't undersell that punch, Blanche! It was awesome!" Anika insists. "And think of how much gear you have to carry around all the time. You're stronger than you think."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

"That does seem reasonable, if Wren is fine with it. He is one of the musicians and my dancing would be rather inappropriate for the occasion." Then again, since Tina is one of the brides, maybe not. "I can go talk to Fettina, but what precisely needs to be arranged?"

[Nave - Meeting the Goblins]

Olvisin's siblings are definitely listening to Chidi intently. Enough to quell the usual chaos that results from bringing them to together in one place.

"This could be just what we need. A way to unite flesh and metal. Our medium to reach the Spirit in Gears?"

"The priests would have your hide for saying it."

"Eh, we've been swimming in the deep waters of heterodoxy for a while now. But we'll get the last laugh sooner or later."

[Already Here]

Dipsnig reaches out and shakes Dena's hand. It is sometimes awkward how much taller she is than him.

"Besides, why else would we come to other people's weddings, if not to gossip and make commentary? We have to keep ourselves occupied somehow."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

[Bottom of the Hill]

Fettina blushes a little herself, her metal skin turning the pink you sometimes find in a rare twilight sky. "Bye girls! Thank you! If you need anything, just come find me or my dad!"

Now... enough getting distracted, she's gotta track down her people! Her... best man and best woman. Yeah, that was right. Tina looks around, spreads her wings, and takes off into the air. She may or may not be spotted by the folks in [Already Here]...

Or she might crash down by surprise with a gust of wind and wrap her arms around Dena and Kirk! "Aaah! Besties! I'm getting married!" She tries to lean into Kirk's ear with a husky whisper, "And you're next, honey."

[Bride's Tent]

"Oh, we can do that!" says Gelley. "But, uh... how does that part actually work?" She asks sheepishly.

"God, I can't believe Fettina decided to do this without any rehearsals..."

"Wait, you dance? Inappropriately?" Gelley says to Fayyaad, eyes starry.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Olvisin's siblings are definitely listening to Chidi intently. Enough to quell the usual chaos that results from bringing them to together in one place.

"This could be just what we need. A way to unite flesh and metal. Our medium to reach the Spirit in Gears?"

"The priests would have your hide for saying it."

"Eh, we've been swimming in the deep waters of heterodoxy for a while now. But we'll get the last laugh sooner or later."

Chidi turns to Olvisin and smiles whilst the siblings discuss amongst themselves. "Olvi told me about that. The Spirit in Gears, see?" He points to all three unaugmented siblings. "What would y'all want to augment first? Arms, like your sister? Legs, like I? Or something else, perhaps?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2022-05-21 at 12:41 AM.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #66

Fashionably Early/Late

"Heh, you're not wrong." Blanche concedes the point with an awkward smile. "Er, I'm fairly handy marksman with a variety of rifles, and none too shabby at patching people up either. Other than that, I'm alright at bossing people and I can play a mean game of Alpha Shrike or Trogshammer." The catgirl shrugs. She's never been great at knowing how to define herself outside of her work, having been so immersed her life in it for such a long period of her career.

"Honestly, Anika's the more impressive of us two. Hard to compete with turning into a bear." Also easier for Blanche to put the focus on her instead - being in the spotlight's a little scary. Though it is kind of heartwarming that Anika seems so intent on trying to show off how cool she is.

Bride's Tent

Cantata can't help but giggle silently as her eyes flit between Fayyaad and Gelley. "We don't have a ring bearer, so it will be the job of the Best Maid and Man of Honor to hold onto our rings until we exchange them at the altar," she explains. In Fayyaad's case, the ring meant for her to wear.

"Speaking of..." Cantata turns back to the vanity she'd been preparing at earlier and picks up a small jewelry case up from the table - simple and unadorned, the velvet of its cover the dark blue of a quiet night sky. "This is Fettina's ring, for whoever she's asked to hold it."

Bride's Tent - Wren

Cantata's eyebrows raise, but this time it's much less accusatory. The bow and the kiss catches her by surprise, and while appreciated and certainly a little charming, the gesture also amuses her more than anything. "I do look good in this, don't I?" she muses, pulling back and turning a half-step so she can look down at her dress while it swirls lightly around her. The heavier skirt doesn't quite spin like the usual cocktail dresses she usually wears, but it works well enough. "It's a little exciting - I have no idea what Fettina will wear." A beat. "Would not surprise me if she still hasn't decided," she adds with a smile.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-05-19 at 06:32 AM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

"I am a dancer of some skill, yes. But a wedding doesn't really have the right ambience for it." Normally he might use a mention of his dance to further impress, but it'd be inappropriate. Besides, he's already here with someone. Not that Kal would mind, necessarily, but it'd still be awkward. "I can hold on to the ring until then. And I don't think Tina will mind if things get a bit chaotic. It's just how she is. Spontaneous."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Already Here]

"Tina is probably going to have a lot more to be displeased with once the night is over, Kirk. Let me remind you that our group dynamic is basically making fun of one another for hours on end. So the fact I'm betting on disaster happening is probably the least she's expecting by inviting us here. I mean, someone has to provide the interesting commentary on an event like this." Dena looks down at Dipsnig and offers her hand to shake. "So let's shake on that bet boss. Tina wouldn't have it any other way."
    [Already Here]

Dipsnig reaches out and shakes Dena's hand. It is sometimes awkward how much taller she is than him.

"Besides, why else would we come to other people's weddings, if not to gossip and make commentary? We have to keep ourselves occupied somehow."
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Bottom of the Hill]

Fettina blushes a little herself, her metal skin turning the pink you sometimes find in a rare twilight sky. "Bye girls! Thank you! If you need anything, just come find me or my dad!"

Now... enough getting distracted, she's gotta track down her people! Her... best man and best woman. Yeah, that was right. Tina looks around, spreads her wings, and takes off into the air. She may or may not be spotted by the folks in [Already Here]...

Or she might crash down by surprise with a gust of wind and wrap her arms around Dena and Kirk! "Aaah! Besties! I'm getting married!" She tries to lean into Kirk's ear with a husky whisper, "And you're next, honey."
    [Already Here]

The others may note Kirk's instinctive reaction. By the time Fettina's landing, Kirk has made a half step and could easily spring into an evasive motion. Instead he reins it in and lets himself be pulled against Fettina. "Yes." He replies, a hint of mock coolness in his voice. "I'm second for some reason." An injustice truly.

9. - Top - End - #69

[Already Here]

Dena too would have taken evasive maneuvers if she wasn't feeling so done with everything today.
    So she's simply going to let Tina hug her.

"Hi Tina." She remarks tiredly.

However, once Kirk speaks up she feels some energy returning to her as not even pregnancy would stop her from engaging in her ancient tradition of teasing Kirk. "He's excited for it too, can't you tell?" She lightly pokes Kirk's ribs with her elbow. "You should probably propose to her right here. What better place than at her first wedding, eh?"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fashionably Early/Late]

Cass' ears seem to perk up at the mention of fantasy wargames.

"Really. I wouldn't imagine the quarters they give you at Vigil would be ideal for storing all those minis."

[Bride's Tent - Wren]

"There are cultures where all attendants of the wedding traditionally show up naked," says Wren prosaically. "I think it's worth considering if Fettina can't come up with anything. Just think of the chaos that would ensue."
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2022-05-24 at 10:06 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"Legs, I think," Kuvesh says. "To jump very high. And to stabilize myself against the ground. It's easy to get knocked over when you're goblin-sized."

"Extra limbs," Zaalmin replies without hesitation. "I've seen some people have them. It'd make my work so much easier."

"I think I'm more interested in cybernetic senses," Luuvad adds after a moment. "And more internal augmentations. Something less overt, but no less effective."

[Already Here]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. He's aware of the... arrangement between Tina, Kirk and Cantata. He doesn't claim to understand it, but fortunately he doesn't need to. He doesn't know Tina all that well, either. Mostly as someone who's friends with senior officers.

"Fettina. All the best to you today," he says, nodding.

12. - Top - End - #72

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Fashionably Early/Late

"Heh, you're not wrong." Blanche concedes the point with an awkward smile. "Er, I'm fairly handy marksman with a variety of rifles, and none too shabby at patching people up either. Other than that, I'm alright at bossing people and I can play a mean game of Alpha Shrike or Trogshammer." The catgirl shrugs. She's never been great at knowing how to define herself outside of her work, having been so immersed her life in it for such a long period of her career.

"Honestly, Anika's the more impressive of us two. Hard to compete with turning into a bear." Also easier for Blanche to put the focus on her instead - being in the spotlight's a little scary. Though it is kind of heartwarming that Anika seems so intent on trying to show off how cool she is.[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies View Post
    [Fashionably Early/Late]

Cass' ears seem to perk up at the mention of fantasy wargames.

"Really. I wouldn't imagine the quarters they give you at Vigil would be ideal for storing all those minis."
    [Fashionably Early/Late]

Anika attempts to exchange a glance with Blanche as she sees Cass reaction. See? Cass was more interested in your game than my bear stuff!

"Oh, that's the game with those tiny... statues, right?" That's certainly a name for miniatures. "They're cool even if I don't really get the rules of it." She looks between Cass and Blanche as she seem to realize something. "Wait, are you both playing that?" She pats Blanche on the shoulder. "You should totally challenge her, Blanche!"

13. - Top - End - #73

[Fashionably Already Here]

"I'm trying to be nice to Cantie, for one. She brought me the way to fix my curse," says Fettina indignantly, straightening with an arm still around each of the drow. She tries to look Kirk in the eye. "Plus, you always save the best for last. Right?" She leans in to whisper to the drow, low enough to keep from the others. "Plus plus, you can already get with me any time you want, stud."

Fettina leans back and winks at Kirk. "Cantie can't. See?" She smiles and nods her head to Dena now. "Hi, Dena honey. Oh, yeah. I can tell he's thrilled." Her eyes drift between them. "How about it, Kirk? Got a ring?"

Oh no, then someone not in their crazy little trio speaks up! "Oh! Hi! Thanks so much!" says the bubbly angel, turning and trying to take Dipsnig's hand in both of hers for a little wagging shake. "You must be Dipsnig, right? I don't know if we've ever properly met."

[Bride's Tent]

Gelley grins at Fayyaad, but is distracted by the matters of ringbearing. "Oh, I think I get it." She totally doesn't get it. "But yeah! We can totally just wing it, you know! Fettina's spontaneous!"

"Like a train wreck," says Naitiri with a well practiced, resigned blandness. She looks at Cantie. "No offense."

[Outside]

The doorman skids to a stop with Rein finally, barely, caught. And just shy of crashing through one of the tents, which holds a display of flowers with a picture of Cantata and Fettina on a stand in the center.

"Okay. God," pants the doorman. His hardlight construct starts to slide back into his hand, bringing Rein closer. He will try to gently take hold the kitty... which might give Rein a window to escape if he wants, or at least to confound or distract Mr. Doorman. "Just... relax... kitty. I'm sorry. Not gonna hurt you. You got a collar, huh?" Maybe he can figure out who owns this thing...

"Reese?" comes another, older voice. A bald fellow in a beautifully black suit is coming up to the pair of them. He has three white bars painted on one cheek. Subtle augmentations seem to be worked into his eyes and the corners of his face. He's of a very dark complexion, and likely well into his fifties. "What are you doing barging through the guests? ...Is that a cat?"
    Last edited by Murkus; 2022-05-25 at 01:07 PM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #74

Bride's Tent

Cantata giggles. "It's her charm. A beautiful train wreck," she signs not unfondly. "Never know where she'll take you next, just as long as you keep an eye out for her."

Fashionably Early/Late

Cass's interest seems to surprise Blanche, if not in an unwanted manner. "Space can get a little tight, but I've managed to figure a couple of ways out. There's actually a really neat video I saw about magnetizing miniatures to hold them in a carrying case," she explains. "I'm er, still figuring out the painting side of things, but..." Then Anika chips in. "Oh! Do you? Then yeah, we could definitely try and play sometime," she offers.

Bride's Tent - Wren

"You should pitch that to her," Cantata suggests with a silent guffaw and a smirk. "She could consider it for the next one, I bet Kirk would love it."
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2022-05-25 at 04:46 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

[Bride's Tent]

Fayyaad bows to the three women.

"I should take my leave. See you all at the ceremony," he says, before leaving the tent and going to find his plus one again.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

[Already Here]

Dena too would have taken evasive maneuvers if she wasn't feeling so done with everything today.
    So she's simply going to let Tina hug her.

"Hi Tina." She remarks tiredly.

However, once Kirk speaks up she feels some energy returning to her as not even pregnancy would stop her from engaging in her ancient tradition of teasing Kirk. "He's excited for it too, can't you tell?" She lightly pokes Kirk's ribs with her elbow. "You should probably propose to her right here. What better place than at her first wedding, eh?"
    [Already Here]

Dipsnig's ears twitch. He's aware of the... arrangement between Tina, Kirk and Cantata. He doesn't claim to understand it, but fortunately he doesn't need to. He doesn't know Tina all that well, either. Mostly as someone who's friends with senior officers.

"Fettina. All the best to you today," he says, nodding.

"I'm trying to be nice to Cantie, for one. She brought me the way to fix my curse," says Fettina indignantly, straightening with an arm still around each of the drow. She tries to look Kirk in the eye. "Plus, you always save the best for last. Right?" She leans in to whisper to the drow, low enough to keep from the others. "Plus plus, you can already get with me any time you want, stud."

Fettina leans back and winks at Kirk. "Cantie can't. See?" She smiles and nods her head to Dena now. "Hi, Dena honey. Oh, yeah. I can tell he's thrilled." Her eyes drift between them. "How about it, Kirk? Got a ring?"

Oh no, then someone not in their crazy little trio speaks up! "Oh! Hi! Thanks so much!" says the bubbly angel, turning and trying to take Dipsnig's hand in both of hers for a little wagging shake. "You must be Dipsnig, right? I don't know if we've ever properly met."

The drow chuckles. "I suppose I can allow that." He decides. "But that means you have to wait for the rest too." He warns. It's only fair.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

"An Alikil," Reinholdt corrects haughtily. "And it's bad luck to turn one away before a wedding ceremony. I'm here to bless this couple with good fortune and great riches." There's a kind of divine aura to his voice. Or at least, that's what Rein hopes they'll misconstrue that as.

"So tell your man to stop manhandling me. Cathandling me. Whatever," Reinholdt entreats the older gentleman, giving the doorman a stinkeye on the side. Something about the old man reminds him of Tina, as well it should he imagines. They're practically the same! Humans kind of all look alike really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

"Legs, I think," Kuvesh says. "To jump very high. And to stabilize myself against the ground. It's easy to get knocked over when you're goblin-sized."

"Extra limbs," Zaalmin replies without hesitation. "I've seen some people have them. It'd make my work so much easier."

"I think I'm more interested in cybernetic senses," Luuvad adds after a moment. "And more internal augmentations. Something less overt, but no less effective."

"Good choices..." Chidi says with a nod of approval, learning quite a bit about them already. "Can all be done... with varying levels of difficulty, see? Doable nonetheless."

He points to them again. "Quick question: is there a sniper among you? Cos I'm one. Well, was... you know what I mean." He finishes, scratching his head a bit sheepishly, for lighthearted effect.
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #79

Dena turns to her goblin employer once Tina's attention is drawn to him. "And yeah, you might not know a lot about Dipsnig but he knows a fair bit about you, Tina." She remarks without going into details. "You're really something of a legend to him, isn't that right, boss? Something heard of in so many stories yet so rarely seen until now. Kind of a miracle that you've managed to avoid officially meeting until this point really."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fashionably Early/Late]

"Well, actually I've only played the regular rules for BandleTech, and I've also played some Plane Fleet Battles," says Cass. "I never tried Alpha Shrike and Trogshammer seems like a deep, dark hole that I have generally stayed away from."

[Bride's Tent - Wren]

"I'll keep it in mind. We wouldn't want all these weddings to be repetitive, after all."

[Bride's Tent - Fayyaad]

Fayyaad will find Kal returning from the refreshments tent, bearing a goblet of sangria for Fayyaad and a margarita for himself.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Those three have a weird dynamic between them, that's for sure. Did he just hear Tina say what he thinks she said? Never mind.

"A legend, yes. Much heard-of, never seen. Even though you've been close to our senior officers for a while. And are about to marry one of them, along with another of our people."

[Bride's Tent - Fayyaad]

Fayyaad approaches Kal, takes the goblet and leans up to kiss the other tiefling on the cheek.

"I've accomplished my mission of soothing the bride's nerves. And the other bride's sisters are there now."

The goblins look at each other and shake their heads.

"That would be very useful, but no. We're a pretty close-quarters crew. Handguns, hammers, spells and grenades."
    Last edited by Morty; 2022-05-29 at 12:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

[Fashionably Early/Late]

"Is it a dark hole, Blanche?" Anika inquires with a glance at the catgirl who she now assumes is an authority on Trogshammer.

"Since boy, that rule book. The cover was cool but I couldn't get past the first page of it. Is that what it means to be a dark hole?"

23. - Top - End - #83

[Bride's Tent]

Gelley laughs into her hands. Naitiri crosses her willowy arms and smiles at Cantata. "You should put that in your vows."

Both the ladies turn to see Fayyaad off. Gelley waves and squeaks out a little 'bye-bye!' "Was nice meeting you," says Naitiri. She turns to eye Cantie. Her voice is comparatively calm and soothing when next to that of her sister. Either sister, really. "Maybe we had better give you a few minutes too. Just shoot us a text or call if you need anything, alright?"

"Oh, yeah, right. Enjoy the snaaacks~" Gelley sing-songs as Naitiri practically slides her out the door.

[Outside]

And it so happens that just a couple minutes later, the two ladies come upon a peculiar scene. Their father and his driver (who happens to be a friend), bullying a poor defenseless animal! How shameful!

"I have to ask myself if you might be here in pursuit of the seafood platters rather than blessing anyone, but--"

"Daddy! Reese!" cries a piping voice. Reinholdt can see two young women approaching. They bear some close resemblance both to 'Daddy' and to Fettina herself. One is on the short side, curvy, and wearing a form fitting dress made from layers of sea greens and deep blues. The other is tall, slender, in a skinny black pencil dress that somehow speaks to both elegance and power. The shorter lady has her hair in a messy spill of thick braids, the taller in a high tight bun.

"What are you doing, bullying a poor defenseless animal?" asks the shorter. The taller woman just looks amused, giving her father a curious quirk of the brow. Her father replies with an exasperated sigh.

"I-I wasn't-- erm," begins 'Reese' the doorman, unsure how to explain a talking cat.

"Come here, baby," says the shorter lady. She tries to gently take Rein from Reese's grasp and into her arms, provided the former also allows himself to be held. Rein will find himself nestled up against the exceptionally low-cut front of the shorter woman's dress, wrapped in a cozy cradle-carry. "Probably wandered in here by accident. Didn't youuu? And where did you get this cute suit?" She giggles.

"Sounds like a good cover for someone who definitely hasn't gotten me a ring yet," Fettina says to Kirk, nodding to herself. Then back to Dipsnig. "A legend you say? And yeah, well, I am that! I'm sorry. I really should have tried to properly introduce myself sooner."

"And I guess you're my boss now! Gosh!" Fettina inclines her head to Dipsnig. "Thanks for coming to my wedding, boss! Means a lot!"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside]

The... NERVE of this man! Rein's eyes narrow considerably at the rude dad and has half a mind to draw some red lines over that face of his if this weren't a celebration that Rein doesn't want to ruin.

Thoughts of claw based vengeance get interrupted by two angels that scoop him away and hold him close to his heart's desire. It takes every inch of willpower he has not to look at Rude Dad smugly, instead looking up at Gelly and giving his best heart stopping 'Meow'. Of course, he has to follow through by twisting towards her in a liquid cuddly sort of way that half lays on her and half suggests he's not averse to his belly being rubbed (it's a trap). The small blue cat tops it all off by beginning to loudly purr.

If Rude Dad wants to explain how Rein was just here to rob them of their seafood, he's welcome to give it his best shot now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

The goblins look at each other and shake their heads.

"That would be very useful, but no. We're a pretty close-quarters crew. Handguns, hammers, spells and grenades."

"I see, that tracks actually. The spells could even serve as mid-range too." Chidi says, thinking about it. "Well, Olvi and I have proven to work quite well together, so if you need to go on missions with just one other person, I could help. It'd also help me see firsthand how you're coping with your future augments, see?"

"Speaking of augments, you should decide who goes next. While we wait for the festivities to begin, y'see?" He adds, looking around the place.
    Love is the message.

26. - Top - End - #86

Fashionably Early/Late

Blanche chuckles with slight embarrassment. "It is a little, yes. There's a lot of rules to it, and the pricing can get a little... nutty," she states, having taken a moment to find the right word. "But I like the feeling of it a lot, for all its flaws."

The catgirl looks back towards Cass. "I've not actually had any chance to try systems beyond that, honestly - though they both sounds like they could be fun to try, from what I've heard of the rules?" She shrugs. "Maybe you could help me figure them out sometime?"

Bride's Tent - Wren

Cantata smiles and nods. Variety does seem rather important, especially if they plan to convince so much of MERC to show up once more. It would be rather unbecoming of them to make a wedding feel like a boring affair. "Speaking of, are you all set for your responsibilities?" The bride nods towards the instrument Wren has brought with him.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

The goblins look at each other. Olvisin snickers.

"Good thing we're at a wedding, otherwise you might have started a fight by asking that."

"Yeah, this will take some negotiations. I'm guessing you don't have siblings."

"But we won't say no to some cooperation in the future. We've worked with others before. And a sniper would fill out our squad rather nicely, you're right."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Dena turns to her goblin employer once Tina's attention is drawn to him. "And yeah, you might not know a lot about Dipsnig but he knows a fair bit about you, Tina." She remarks without going into details. "You're really something of a legend to him, isn't that right, boss? Something heard of in so many stories yet so rarely seen until now. Kind of a miracle that you've managed to avoid officially meeting until this point really."

Dipsnig's ears twitch. Those three have a weird dynamic between them, that's for sure. Did he just hear Tina say what he thinks she said? Never mind.

"A legend, yes. Much heard-of, never seen. Even though you've been close to our senior officers for a while. And are about to marry one of them, along with another of our people."

"Sounds like a good cover for someone who definitely hasn't gotten me a ring yet," Fettina says to Kirk, nodding to herself. Then back to Dipsnig. "A legend you say? And yeah, well, I am that! I'm sorry. I really should have tried to properly introduce myself sooner."

"And I guess you're my boss now! Gosh!" Fettina inclines her head to Dipsnig. "Thanks for coming to my wedding, boss! Means a lot!"

"I'm sure the delay has only heightened his anticipation." Kirk remarks. "Though to be fair, I tend to avoid mingling work and social life. Though I suppose that can't be helped now."

29. - Top - End - #89

"I mean, considering how much Tina was hanging out at MERC it still feels like they should have run into one another sooner or later. Must be your cat-like moves and your subtlety that made you avoid him for so long, Tina." And definitely not the fact that Dipsnig probably avoided her after hearing all the Tina-stories his lieutenants told him.

"Maybe something we can take advantage of, eh boss?" Dena looks to Dipsnig with a raised eyebrow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2022-06-01 at 02:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"I do make sure to stay in touch with my people. And MERC members and licensees have come out in numbers." He gestures to Cassandra, off to the side speaking to Anika and Blanche, and Fayyaad, who has just left the bride's tent. He has... no idea what to think about Tina as a MERC member. Well, crazier things happened, he supposes... "If you have moved around the MERC base with cat-like agility and elite spycraft, then you are certainly welcome aboard."