New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Any suggestions on where to get a punch or other machine to cut out custom cards

Does anybody know if there is anywhere where I can a paper punch or cutting die in the size and shape of a standard playing card (2.5"x3.5" with rounded corners) so that I can print custom game cards directly at home without having to worry that they're gonna look like crap when I cut them out?

Google and Amazon have so far turned up nothing.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Any suggestions on where to get a punch or other machine to cut out custom cards

I have no idea myself-but I am interested in the answer, if anyone knows it!
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Any suggestions on where to get a punch or other machine to cut out custom cards

You could try asking a local printing company or arts and crafts store. They might at least be able to point you in the right direction.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

You could probably use a Cricut machine. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Cricut in any way that I know of.

I don't know if you would consider it cost-effective enough to want to go that route, but it should get the job done.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

5. - Top - End - #5

Office supply stores like Staples and arts & crafts stores like Michaels or Jo-Ann Fabrics will probably carry paper cutters along the lines of this or this, which should give you clean, straight cuts, and as long as you line your cards up with the guides on the cutter you should be able to get good 90-degree corners using them, as well.

6. - Top - End - #6

Quote Originally Posted by Aeson View Post
    Office supply stores like Staples and arts & crafts stores like Michaels or Jo-Ann Fabrics will probably carry paper cutters along the lines of this or this, which should give you clean, straight cuts, and as long as you line your cards up with the guides on the cutter you should be able to get good 90-degree corners using them, as well.
    Pair one of those with something like this,

https://www.amazon.com/%EF%BC%8CEnve...62191820&psc=1

and you should be able to accomplish your task.
    Custom Melayl avatar by my cousin, ~thejason10, used with his permission. See his work at his Deviant Art page.
    My works:
    Need help?
    Spoiler
    Show
    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline (USA)
    1-800-273-TALK (8255), 24/7
    www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
    In Australia: Lifeline, 13 11 14, 24/7
    Reach Out Australia
    Beyond Blue, 1300 22 4636
    The Samaritans (UK too) UK: 08457 90 90 90, ROI: 1850 60 90 90