New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Wilder West WW: Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post

So either there is one wolf or wolf teams are between Taff/Xi and Rogan/Xum... If nothing else, @Book, whoever dies, if they flip town, shoot the other. Really everyone should aim at the other.
    Hmm... this makes me feel better about aiming at Xum then. Because I'm so town and safe, you see. So either it's Xumtiil or there's only one wolf.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Okay I was working on a post breaking down Taff versus Xumtiil, but real quick before I do that @Taff, do you have a power outside of a gun? You don't have to say what it is but I'd like to know if it exists.

- - - Updated - - -

So either there is one wolf or wolf teams are between Taff/Xi and Rogan/Xum... If nothing else, @Book, whoever dies, if they flip town, shoot the other. Really everyone should aim at the other.
    Since Taffi is painting a picture of "Xum and Rogan are a team", I want to remind you that her supposed case on me is made up a lot.

My stance on Snow until she flipped was:
    I'm not sure, I don't have the same kind of interaction with her than I had in fallout, where I got to an accurate read on her (and was strongly attacked by Taffi for daring to get this read).
    I was sure that Taffis argument to vote her was bull****. I was willing to admit that Bats argument was a bit better, but still made it clear that I disagree.

Or the thing about Elenna. I didn't like her post since it seemed mostly irrelevant. When she explained, I agreed with her that another formulation would have been better, but I could see her reasons for the original post now and had no intention of holding this against her, basically withdrawing my initial stance.

Then her EoD analysis, which is factually wrong.
    I get online, let bat know that he still has my support for going after Taffi. While waiting to see if I get an reaction and therefore some chance to get my top wolf read lynched, I go back to the rest of the posts and don't get much reason to change my mind on her.
    While I do this, flat becomes the contender to Snow, which previously was Xi. Taffi pressed my to vote a certain way and is even lying about my previous statement. I explicitly didn't want to fight for Snow, because I didn't have time and energy to look at her in the same depth that I had during Fallout. Where I got significant backslash for my read, even to a degree where Taffi ignored significant mechanical evidence to call me scum. Enough to nearly drive me away from the game and definitely enough to make me skip the next game.
    I'm pretty sure, it didn't matter at all if I had voted flat right away or not, she would have called it scummy anyway.

Same thing for day 2.
    I see her bus, thinking I was wrong there and change my mind on her. Despite her very first post being a vote for me. After all, town is wrong more often than scum.

Another thing where she is lying (or, as I thought, tunneling) is the mech. My post proved that there are situations where we can easily clear someone. Or where someone had to be lying. These situations might not come up very often with a known and locked vig, but they still can come up and by gathering info, we limit the possibilities for lies. And hey, we have a situation where one person has to be lying right now. If she had been serious about me, she would should have cooperated and tried to see if I try to manipulate the truth. Instead, she shouts at everybody to not help town by sharing info that our enemies already have. She said sharing if you were active would enable fake claims, which is factually wrong.
    Spoiler: I'm a seer
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Unavenger View Post
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue_alchemist View Post
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

3. - Top - End - #183

ClericGuy

To avoid only looking at Taffi, I've also taken a look at her case on Xum and... nope, not going to buy this either.
    She is faking things there as well.
    Like, claiming that Xum avoided giving a Snow read and instead focusing on Taffis 'mistake'. Xum had already said "I don't think that's scummy" about Snow. Taffi ignored this in her ISO.

She is also pretending that Xum didn't want to vote flat. Let's look at the actual quotes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    For me, it's mostly that I don't feel the wolf!snow world, and Xihirli turned out to be the counterwagon that got traction. Not that I think Xi is a wolf, but more that if I had to pick between the two I'd go for the other X (and moving away from Xihirli just means Snow has a harder time surviving this one, as I don't think another wagon will pop up in the last few hours to surpass Xihirli's)

I agree that flat not coming back is nagl, but I don't think it's enough to nail them to the wall just yet. Life happens.
    That's the closest to being hedging on flat.
    But in combination with the above and the vote count of this time, leaving the vote on a counter wagon to a Town lean is less risky that changing the vote away from this counter wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    @Batcat can I appeal to you to start a wagon on me? There's a good chance Rogan and Flat will follow you, and then Snow and Xumtiil can feel safe enough to vote Flat with me.
    This is something I didn't really notice while stressed for time, but... why on earth would flat, who was not active in thread at all (and, evidently, would remain inactive till he died) suddenly change his vote?
    She also didn't want bat on flat, cause this vote change would have guaranteed a flat lynch.

I do agree that flat is a marginally better pick than Xihirli, and switching to flat makes a 4/4 tie again for someone else to break which might save Snow, so changing it to flat_footed.
    At this point, Snow had changed her vote. Now a movement of votes actually wouldn't put Snow in the lead, but allowed a tie. So as soon as a flat vote actually matters, Xum goes there.

Compare to Taffi day 2. She says she thinks gac and me are partners and AV is innocent. But what does she do? Instead of voting gac, she is sitting off wagon, doing nothing to actually act on her reads.

Now, to be fair, EoD2 also has Xum moving to me. This might be an opportunistic wolf move who wants to get on the good side of Taffi and maybe get rid of a townie he perceived as dangerous the more mech gets revealed.

But if I have to pick between Taffi constantly being hypocrite or plain out lying and a new player which actually moved a wolf into the 50/50 territory... well, I know where I place my money.
    Show
    All the discussion of how weird the half-hour start is seems weirdly prescient, in retrospect.
    Can I use my prediction of the half an hour being used to set up Factional chats as proof I am the Seer?
    only IRL, not as in game proof, as we all know that recruitment threads don't count for making IG decisions

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Taffimai View Post
    Not an active power, no, only the passive I mentioned.
    Ah right. I forgot that. I'm definitely thinking Xumtiil should die today. They are clearly an alien.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Hmm... this makes me feel better about aiming at Xum then. Because I'm so town and safe, you see. So either it's Xumtiil or there's only one wolf.
    Eh. I have to go off instincts here because Lord knows I'm not going to be able to get a read on you.

5. - Top - End - #185

ClericGuy

Ah right. I forgot that. I'm definitely thinking Xumtiil should die today. They are clearly an alien.

Eh. I have to go off instincts here because Lord knows I'm not going to be able to get a read on you.
    Alien as in, a third party? Or alien=wolf=cowboy?
    Also, can you explain your reasoning? I disagree with Taffi a lot and I've explained why. But I think your claim is too weird for scum and you might have additional information by getting additional guns (don't explain them!) so if you think that Taffi is saying the truth and Xum is lying, I'm willing to listen to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, hey, Book?

When you got activated for the first time, did you get an additional message with the fluff of your gun?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Alien as in, a third party? Or alien=wolf=cowboy?
    Also, can you explain your reasoning? I disagree with Taffi a lot and I've explained why. But I think your claim is too weird for scum and you might have additional information by getting additional guns (don't explain them!) so if you think that Taffi is saying the truth and Xum is lying, I'm willing to listen to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, hey, Book?

When you got activated for the first time, did you get an additional message with the fluff of your gun?
    Well mainly, just look at their claims. I'm not sure about you but I have a gun and a power. So I pick two targets.

On the one hand Xumtiil voted Flat. But at this point pretty much all the possible wolfs did.

On the other hand Xumtiil and Taff had basically the same claim. Deputy and a jailer power. But two big differences. One claims only a gun and the other claims to also have a power. Which I'm leaning towards the one who matches closer to what my role has. The other big thing is that Xumtiil says they targeted Taff and trapped them in an energy barrier. Which... Feels more like a new player making up a claim description than a cowboy themed role. I might be wrong on that but still. The energy barrier claim doesn't sit right with my understanding of the fluff of the game.

Also... Maybe it's just reverse psychology but Taff seems to be doing a lot of "this person must be a wolf" attention grabbing posts which feels like a bad wolf strategy.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh, hey, Book?

No, I only got a message that I was activated, and what my gun was.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly have no clue, so voting for Xumtiil again.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

8. - Top - End - #188

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Book Wombat View Post
    No, I only got a message that I was activated, and what my gun was.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly have no clue, so voting for Xumtiil again.
    Thanks for the answer.
    So I better listen to the actual evidence instead of my read on Taffi. Which remains at a pretty low point. (The evidence being both gac claiming a power tied to his role, which Xum didn't do and you, Book, not getting to know the fluff of your gun, only the effect, while Xum claims to have learned about the fluff as well)

Xumtiil

In case this flip doesn't end the game:

If Xum is scum, Taffi is mech clear.
    If Xum is town, Taffi is mech guilty.

Book is mech clear.
    Gac is not mech clear, but pretty close.
    If Xum flips red, I expected to get lynched tomorrow if not killed in the night. If Xum flips green, this should mostly clear me.

Who's left?
    Xihirli. I'd be so freaking annoyed if the scum team is Taffi - Xi.
    Xum - Xi... Funny at the least. And Xums vote for flat didn't turn a 0% chance of scum getting lynched to a 50% chance; it reduced it from 100% to 50%. Xihirlis vote on Xum was easily explained and never expected to actuality result in a lynch.

Worst case is 4/2 today.
    3/2 going into the night. Taffi is scum outed.
    Successful wolf kill and its game over.

Best case if not game over:
    5/1 today. Misslynch, but have a scum lock.
    4/1 in the night. Even if book gets activated and misses his shot by forgetting to enter a target, the game only gets to
    2/1 with scum known. Town victory.

So back to the possibilities of 2 wolves:
    4/1 going into the night.
    Book actually shoots me. Wolf kill Taffi or Book.
    2/1 with one locked in Book/Taffi. Wolf in gac/Xi. Taffi or Book, don't just go by my read on gac please, but take it into consideration.

4/1 going into the night.
    Book doesn't get active. Wolf kill Book or Taffi
    3/1 on the day. Lynch on me.
    2/1 in the night. There is either a kill ging for town or a bane/block combination. Again, don't blindly lock gac in as town, but still remember my read.

Now, the good thing is, there are other night actions and I still expect at least one scry.
    Book doesn't get active, Taffi doesn't get active. So it's me and gac or Xi.
    If I get a scry off, it doesn't matter if you kill me first, you will know my result in the night and can act accordingly, either killing or blocking the person my scry will pin to the wall.
    If gac/Xi gets a scry off, I'm cleared and we can kill scum. Even if the other one will counterclaim and we get it wrong, the last wolf will be outed and can be dealt with in the night.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189

Hrrmmm, in case I misunderstood what you meant by fluff. I got the name of my gun at the end of Night One which was unknown to me till then, and it's name-revealing effect. My role fluff I got in the beginning.
    Every day...

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

10. - Top - End - #190

11. - Top - End - #191

RedKnightGirl

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

12. - Top - End - #192

Day is over.

- - - Updated - - -

Wilder West WW:
    Wait, Who Shot The Sheriff?

Day Three

When two deputies stand, both accusing the other of misdeeds.

When two looked at each other, their eyes gleamed with determination.

All others stood wide, as the first true showdown began.

There was tap, a click, a small coin spun in the air, and then both guns slashed out.

For a moment there was white, no sound, and then the slump of a body to the floor.

"Wait, that's from anime, is that legal?" One particularly rules lawyer-y bystander spoke.

"Well, we've already broken Genre, so why not."

Surprisingly, no one questions how the gun had cut open the other person's torso.

"Oh, wait, but wasn't there only three cowboys?"

"Narrator forgot to tell everyone he got booted to the wilder west after failing grade 1, he doesn't know how to count."

Spoiler: Phase Results
    Show
    Xumtiil lost the gun sword fight. He didn't realise that bringing a sword to a gunfight actually works. He was Braydon the Kidd

Night Three will end in 24 hours

("But wait, how does he know how to count end of phase then?"

But nobody knew the answer.)
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

13. - Top - End - #193

Wilder West WW:

Night Three

It's always high noon somewhere, and despite the darkened bar, it was certainly high noon here. One could tell from the impressive amount of smoke in the air as the townsfolk celebrated another catch! And certainly it was worth celebrating, as they all were one step closer to an empty town of cowboys!

But as the silence rippled out, they all began to hear the twang of a guitar echo through the room. Along with the clink of glasses suddenly shifting, it was the only sound that could be heard.

And then, the slow echo of a voice, as people began to nod to the time of the quick beat.

"I shot the Deputy, but I did not shoot no sheriff,
    I shot her dead, but at least not in sans serif,
    Now she's on the table, and I my guitar,
    If no one listens to the lyrics, I'll go far."

"WAIT A MINUTE!" Suddenly the peaceful listening was ruined as a spotlight was shone on the spot the sounds were coming from.

Unfortunately the smoke clouds made things vague a moment, there was nothing to be seen but a guitar abandoned in its spot, and Taffimai propped up next to them.

Show
    Taffimai was subjected to an awful parody. She was the Deputy

Day Four will end in 48hours

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

As the only non mech proven player (besides me) Rogan

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I should explain. I have Xi's gun. Which means Xi had a gun.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

My gun was stolen tonight, but up until a second ago it seems as though I was the Doctor/Baner.

So. It's down to me, Rogan, Gac3, and BookWombat.
    Happy to hear from each of you.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2022-05-08 at 08:11 AM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Apologies to all the players except Xi and Book for my earlier list being clearly so wrong.

17. - Top - End - #197

ClericGuy

Ah, too bad. I wasn't expecting to live through this day, but maybe cause some paranoia.

So I should have gone for the showdown and activated Book to get killed.

Gac, I think you did well. Even without knowing your alignment, I would have believed your claim of stealing guns. Although this would have been a nice wolf power, much better than having nothing at all, nothing at all and a mostly useless scry for Xum.

Blades, I'm fine with ending this day as soon as possible.

Unless town wants to sleep so I can have my showdown with Book in the night?

By the way, Book, your shot had an unexpected result: you killed off the other towny we activated.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

I think I’ll not risk Death, thank you.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199

Wilder West WW:

Day Four

"It's over." The old man walked towards the final cowboy, now revealed in light of day as he tried to make a run for it.

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Well I stole her gun. Would've stolen his gun too but was too big."

"So you worked it out... by stealing guns?"

"Yeah."

"But I had a gun too!"

"Guess I never stole it."

Angry, the last Cowboy reached to his side, and point the gun forwards. "Reach for the sky!"

"How?"

"What do you mean how?"

"Sky's all around us. Too far away to grab."

"Well do it somehow!"

The old man spun a gun on his finger, then smiled. "Reached for your gun instead."

The cowboy blinked a moment at his suddenly empty hands, and then a large gunshot later, it was all over.

The last three remaining members of the town headed back for one last glass before they got together and started to rebuild.

The cowboys were gone at last.

Show
    Rogan couldn't outwit the old codger. He was a Cowboy

Gac survived and won, he was the Old Codger

Xihirli survived and won, she was a Bar Patron

Book Wombat survived and won, he was a Bar Patron

Game is Over

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Afterlife 3 is recruiting, in case you were unaware.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #201
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Well, thanks wolves for killing me night one so my being spectacularly wrong didn't actually affect anything.

Good game everyone, particularly Taffimai and Xumtiil. The former for highly accurate reads, the latter for escaping scrutiny and fooling lots of people in his first game (Incidentally, sorry for using the wrong pronouns all game. I could have sworn that symbol was a pink one. Guess I'm bad at reading people's pronouns as well!)

Though Xumtiil is now going on my list of people not to trust without good reason. As is Rogan, at least until I can figure out what went wrong with my townreading him this game.

I may or may not be taking a break for exams, depending on the outcome of my indecisive flailing in the next game's recruitment thread.
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

22. - Top - End - #202

RedKnightGirl

GG everyone and thank you Bladescape!
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.