New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 92425262728293031323334
  1. - Top - End - #991
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

Book explains to Amivor what they are trying to accomplish following up with Xhanfaerds suggestion. "I'm really unsure of the best way to proceed. We need a way to demonstrate to the Simians that we don't wish to harm them but that we are not to be trifled with... If you have a suggestion, I would appreciate it."
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2024-04-26 at 02:56 PM.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #992
    Colossus in the Playground

Amivor nods. "That isn't something you can do with diplomacy. That is intimidation - the art of power projection. That is the next step, and if you can't cow them, be ready for a fight with a flying force that shoots from altitude. Or, leave them alone for now and concentrate elsewhere."
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

3. - Top - End - #993
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book nods and replies, "I think perhaps we should circle back to them and perhaps during our other pursuits we will gain a trophy worth showing our strength." He looks at the others and asks, "Are we in agreement on that?"

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #994

Amivor will let the group continue to give their thoughts on Book's idea but says, "The next problem area is the undead in the water-filled sunken tower."
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #995
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd nods.

"That's what I was suggesting, yes. Still, we should list what we have that could work underwater. Sadly, I only have 2 options, and both only apply to myself. If we had some scrolls of more appropriate spells I could learn them, but right now we're too far away from any place where we could find it. Maybe the other expeditions could have some ? But that would mean warning them of our plans in some ways."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

6. - Top - End - #996

Amivor takes this in and says, "No, with the dwarf cleric's death, if you don't feel comfortable against a combined underwater and undead assault. There is another option, one I don't like because that means we haven't pacified our backyard, but also keeps us/you from a form of action paralysis....... ignore these and the idea of pacifying the mercantile district, and start exploring the rest of Saventh-Yhi, instead."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #997
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Truth be told, I'm more in favour of that idea. You brought me in for my skills as an architect and researcher, not to be a combatant." Book replies. He looks around the group before asking, "Who agrees this should be our course of action? Perhaps during that time, we may encounter someone who can help us against the water ghost, or find some way to pacify the simians..."

8. - Top - End - #998
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Not having realized this was a possibility, Xhanfaerd shrugs.

"Yes, of course we should go that way. That sounds better. It seems like we are far enough from both the undeads and the simians to not have them try to attack our base, so we should be fine, at least for a while."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #999

Amivor laughs heartily after Book's first sentence, but then listens to the rest. "You were chosen, Doctor Booker, because - where everyone here is some level of researcher - you are a very capable swordsman and shooter. All of you, even those that weren't part of the vanguard originally ... such as yourself, Sersheelda ... have proven again and again that if anyone is a highly skilled combatant, or at the very least capable of a strong offering in combat, then it would be you. All of these Pathfinders you see here? Sure, they earned their stripes as Pathfinders, having gone through the three years at the Grand Lodge of study and training, including at least baseline combat.

"But rest assured, ladies and gentlemen, you most definitely are combatants.

"Yet, this doesn't mean that you send yourselves headlong into fights you don't think you can win. At this time, it seems that discretion and your current group's combination of skills means that you are better off avoiding the kech - that's the flying simians, by the way - and the spooky undead water tower."

"Book, take a looks at previously explored areas, and let me know where you want your group to pick up next."
    Show